An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

“I’ll have to grab you the shampoo he likes too. I swear he spent too much time on his hair as a young guy. Always had to keep it short so people couldn’t tug so hard and his hair would t get oily. He used whatever smelled pretty and gave shit to anyone who said otherwise. He liked smelling like a strawberry” Tenmo laughed as he sat beside her.

“You are right..I don’t know how this child is going to turn out but I want to help her in anyway I canl” Adrian nodded, not sure how to help a pregnant vampire. But as long as he could keep her stress free, he felt like that would be helpful in itself.

"On the bright side he always smelled nice." Alise said when Tenmo mentioned how Shi always took care of his hair and how he liked to smell like a strawberry. Knowing that he really liked strawberries, it was one of the ways she had been able to give him a treat. Get him some strawberries or chocolate covered strawberries, he always enjoyed them and it was nice and simple.

"I would assume like a you guys and Shi. A vampire can't just be born though the child will probably have vampire qualities as well. Maybe minus the biggest thing which is the blood." Xavier said trying to think it over. Was the child really going to be a hybrid? How much of each would pass if anything from the vampire side could pass. It was confusing and it was quite literally unknown territory but he was interested in finding out how this was going to go.

"Anyone who said strawberry was a feminine smell he made sure he put them in their place. No one made fun of his strawberry hair again" Tenmo said with a small laugh. 'I noticed he used it a lot when a certain someone gave him strawberries one time.." Tenmo said with a small nudge and a wink. "He was almost always eating strawberries, almost got mad when someone ate some you got for him one time. He was not a happy wolf" He laughed some more.

"So you are thinking maybe more vampire as far as looks and qualities but will get more wolf qualities? Or they can still get blood but not need it like a vampire? This will be unknown territory.." Adrian said with a soft sigh. "I am sure we can both figure it out together and help her as best as we can.." He nodded.

Alise couldn't help but actually genuinely laugh this time, "Hey he always loved them! It was a nice and easy gift I could get him whenever I couldn't think of anything else." She mused with a small smile. She still really missed her wolf, and she always would but maybe this child was a good thing, even if she was terrified of raising it alone. Not to mention she had no idea if the child to would take more after Shi or herself when it came to the whole vampire werewolf thing. This whole thing had to be completely unknown and new territory in general and that made the whole thing even scarier. Trying to push those thoughts from her mind she focused on the strawberries again, "I'm not surprised he would get mad at that either, they were special in the sense that I gave them to him. Even if they were otherwise just normal strawberries."

"Yes. I mean... it's going to take from both of them and with Alise being a vampire there is a lot of unknown as to what this child can actually take from Alise versus what will be more easily inherited from Shi." Xavier admitted knowing this was going to be a lot of trial and error, he just hoped none of it would be deadly error. "We'll have to figure it out. Doctor's visits will be a necessity to ensure the child is okay throughout development since the risk of it being tiny and coming early because her body clearly can't change is almost guaranteed."

"For a big scary werewolf, people learned quickly do not touch Shi's strawberries. 'But they are just strawberries' 'Alise gave them to me...don't touch' Big softy for being this big muscular man of a wolf. I swear you would think the world ended if you touched his strawberries you gave him" Tenmo laughed with a smile. "Definitely liked them before but even more if you gave them to him. He was weak for your strawberries..Stayed up way too late trying to find and order teas and coffee you liked" He spoke with a smile.

"You are right, we should keep someone with her as often as possible. Make sure she takes care of herself along with being stress free with eating for two. Same with after they are born...Don't want her doing this alone and with the baby likely to be small and species unknown" Adrian mused, knowing there was so much more on the line. His grand child in a pseudo sense..everyones future..he would not let Shi's death be for nothing.

A small amused look crossed her face but she had to admit it really did sound like Shi so she wasn't all that surprised about it either. "Well... I'm glad he liked them." She admitted though she also admitted to herself that she'd never be able to see or smell strawberry without thinking of him and missing him terribly. Their lives had just been getting on track and then he was taken from her and their child, she wished more than anything she had been able to tell him that they were having a baby. Maybe he would have stayed... maybe he'd still be alive. Alise still kept trying to think of something, anything she could have done to make him stay even if there was nothing she could do about it now.

"It's going to be hard to keep her stress free..." Xavier said softly thinking back to everything that had happened and everything lying ahead but he knew Adrian was right. They absolutely had to keep her as stress free as they possibly could, by any means necessary. "That and possibly difficult to care for, a species unknown child won't be easy for anyone much less a first time single mother. She'll need help from everyone, and we'll have to start planning for a child to be here. A young child, something this coven's never experienced. This whole thing will be unknown territory for everyone." It was an exciting thought really, but there was so much left unknown that it was all scary as well. "We'll definitely need a lot of help from grandpa." Xavier teased giving Adrian a light nudge.

“So..we got a middle name for this little guy. How about we start thinking of some first name? The child can take on your last name if you have one or his? He would have his first and last name and you can pick his first. Or wait until you see what he looks like but I figured it would be nice to call him a name and not just ‘him’ Tenmo laughed, putting the Shi shirt blanket over her stomach. “What do you think little guy?” He asked her stomach with a laugh.

“Everyone in the pack, especially Otso, will be very protective of her once they get wind of Shi and Alises child. If that doesn’t solidify the bond and species Union..Either wya people will want to help” Adrian concluded, foguring many of the wolves would want to fire on her with the unborn hold of a lost pack member

"I don't know... Keni maybe?" Alise said thinking about it a little before she shrugged. "He could probably take Shi's last name, a bit more of a tribute to his father. Every member of the coven takes on the coven name so it'd definitely be far less significant or special." Alise added not worried about the child's last name. The coven all took on the same name when joining the coven, a way to solidify the fact that they were a family, one unit. Giving this child Shi's first name as his middle and last name really just seemed like a better way to memorialize him and to give her son a more unique name than what could be given by the coven's way of things. Tenmo putting the blanket he had made of Shi's shirts on her stomach brought another smile to her face, smelling that familiar scent again and making her more comfortable in itself.

"It's definitely one way to solidify our union, honestly... better than a marriage could do." Xavier mused before he leaned over to catch Adrian's lips in a kiss. "She couldn't have a better support system for this taking the coven and pack into consideration." He added actually getting more excited for this child the more they talked about it. Even with the risks associated with it Alise couldn't have better support than the whole pack and coven behind her. They'd make this as easy on her as they could, and would continue to make it as easy for them as they could even after the child was born.

“Keni Shi Lycanroth...A perfect name for the little guy” Tenmo smiled as he pat her stomach. “Keni, you are going to be spoiled rotten little kid...Uncle Otso is going to not want to give you back to mommy holding you. You are going to be surrounded by eager wolves wanting to spoil you” He laughed

“Definitely..” Adrian said with a tender kiss in return. “That will be a good way to de stress..taking care of Alise and getting ready for the baby. I do not want to think of myself as a grandpa..makes me feel old” Adrian laughed as they continued to talk about the baby. It made him feel better to have a symbol of hope.

"I like it, has a nice ring to it." Alise mused liking the name and thinking it was perfect, unique. Exactly what she wanted for her child, and it made her happy. Tenmo talking to her stomach and the child that wasn't even fully developed yet made her smile, and it was easy to forget all of the troubles they've had when he was around being like this. Laughing at Otso not wanting to give him back to her when he was holding him, she could definitely see that happening and have to sort of bribe the smaller wolf but she realized she wouldn't mind. "He'll be spoiled from both groups, let's just make sure it doesn't go to his head." Alise laughed.

"We'll have to set up a nursery of some sort..." Xavier said trying to think ahead but with the danger out there it was difficult to plan how to go about setting up a nursery and helping Alise. Talking about the baby and the new hope it would bring them was nice and easy, something he enjoyed but in the back of his mind he was still focused on this hunter. "You know... we didn't ask her what she's having." He mused nudging the other. "Grandpa." Xavier purred teasingly a smirk appearing on his face.

“Oh please, he is going to be spoiled. First child at least born, not including Solaria, of the Union. Keni is going to be a spiked child. It will be keeping everyone else in line to not drown the poor guy in gifts” Tenmo smiled, happy to discuss the child and happy to see her smiling. You are going into a loving world Keni..Shi would love you.

“Quite it!” Adrian laughed as he gave him a playful shove. He laughed at the idea of being a grandfather. But at the same time..he looked forward to it.

Alise smiled when Tenmo said that he was going to be spoiled, the first child born of the union not including Solaria. Which was true, even if Solaria was technically born before the union she became part of their family after it. "He definitely doesn't need to be drowned in gifts." She mused, knowing she'd end up putting her foot down if she had too though she hoped it would not be necessary. Deep down she was hoping he'd end up being a spitting image of Shi, wanting to have him at least in that aspect since he couldn't be here in any other way. She never would have thought she would be a mother, much less a single mother.

"I can't help but tease you, love! You'll be a grandfather, Solaria an aunt." Xavier mused a small smirk appearing. Of course Adrian being a grandfather meant so would he, but it was more fun to tease Adrian about it. "Get tons of pictures of gramps with the grandbaby." He teased more needing it to keep the mood light and playful right now.

“I bet he will look just like Shi down to his eyes. He is going to be the cutest child ever” Tenmo said with a soft smile. “Just dont being a grumpy pants like daddy okay?” He laughed, he couldn’t wait to see the little guy. Don’t worry shi..we will take good care of them both.

“Hey! You’re a grandpa too! Or should you Pops? Pappy?” Adrian said with a small smirk. “Come on grandpa, you got to be excited for the grandkid playing with you! I’ll be his favorite” He teased with a smile

A small smile turned to a small smirk when Tenmo said that he was going to be the cutest child ever, she had felt like that to begin with because it was hers and she was a bit biased, but she was glad to hear that Tenmo felt the same way. "Glad we're both on the same page of how cute he'll be." She admitted with a soft laugh. "Daddy did have his reasons for being grumpy." Alise added her mind on Shi once more, feeling suddenly depressed that he would never be able to hear his child call him Daddy or be a Daddy to their child. It was upsetting, and she'd be lying to say it didn't and wouldn't bother her.

"I don't know... Pops has a nice ring to it." Xavier mused with a small smirk. In the end it would be whatever Alise encouraged her child to call him, and he would be okay with it no matter what it was. Leaning down he gave his husband another kiss and flashed a smile, "Yeah right, Gramps. We both know I'll be his favorite." Xavier teased nudging the other.

“Well we have pictures of him and some videos. We will have to play lots of videos and pictures. Keni is going to know who his daddy was and how much he loved you. Keni will be the cutest little child. Don’t worry Alise” Tenmo tried to comfort her with a soft smile. “Hey, Hey, how about some lunch? Want something to eat?” Tenmo said with a soft smile wanting to help her.

“Well you are my favorite Pops. And I got the fluffy ears and tail..I will be the favorite” Adrian smirked, holding him close. He kissed his cheek, liking the idea of the other taking care of a smaller child.

"We will." Alise agreed that they would have to play lots of videos of Shi and show Keni lots of pictures of his Daddy. Since that was going to be the only way he'd ever see him, which again just depressed her. Tenmo seemed to catch onto her depression though as he was quick to ask about lunch and change the subject the soft smile indicating he wanted to keep her feeling positive. "Some lunch might be nice." She said as she moved to get up not about to sit in her room all the time and pout or dwell on things. Alise feeling like she needed to be able to do things as well or she was going to go completely insane, though she certainly wouldn't complain to the company.

"Oh so because I don't have fluffy ears and a tail I'm boring and the least favorite?" Xavier asked with a raised eyebrow. Pretending like he was insulted when that wasn't actually the case, leaning over to give him a kiss and indicate that he really wasn't bothered by it. Holding his handsome Pup to him, "We have a lot of work to do." He breathed.

“Perfect! Come on, let’s go raid the fridge before the twins decide to take anything good” Tenmo smiled, walking with her to the kitchen. He pushed aside food that he didn’t want to give her, mainly a package of strawberries as he got out some steak so he could slice it into a sandwich. “Shouldn’t be too bad..” He said as he looked around for bread.

“Yup...” Adrian smirked, kissing him back. “Now..let’s plan on defenses, killing the rogues and especially that hunter. If we need a break, think about things to do for Alise” He spoke with a soft smile and tone.

Alise followed Tenmo to the kitchen a small smile on her face from the energy he seemed to have. "Is all that energy why Kaine calls you his puppy?" She asked a little amused though she didn't really mind either. Letting Tenmo look through the fridge before deciding to cut some steak to make sandwiches at which point she moved to get some bread. "What kind of bread do you prefer?" She asked as she turned her gaze back towards him to make sure she got the right kind.

Xavier laughed softly but shook his head not truly minding, only time would tell who would be the favorite grandfather, and he was dead set it was him. "I think we should worry about the hunter more than the rogues right now. They will be easy enough to handle, that hunter killed someone who was not rogue and who had no reason to be killed. For that, he needs to be our top priority besides defense."

“Maybe..” Tenmo said with a chuckle, starting to slice up the steak. “White bread..” Tenmo smiled as he got some plates. “It will be a nice lunch” He smiled some more, loving the lunch so far. It was a favorite of Shis as a light lunch but figured it was a sandwich and wolves ate meats normally anyway.

“You are right..The hunter first” Adrian nodded, him having killed Shi in cold blood. Shi did not deserve to be hunted, for any reason. And now he took a father away from their child..a fianc? from their love..

Grabbing the white bread she carried the loaf over to Tenmo and leaned against the counter watching him as he made the sandwiches. "So, how did you and Kaine meet?" Alise asked a bit curious about the whole thing. Since it was just the two of the she felt more at ease asking Tenmo questions about their relationship, including simple things that she felt like she should know by now. Not really sure why she hadn't asked these things sooner but it had seemed like they were always busy lately.

Moving to sit down he pulled Adrian into his lap, "The question is how we do that. If he could take out Shi... who knows what he's actually capable of." Xavier would by lying to say he wasn't worried, they had no idea if he had done this on his own or if he was working with someone or something else. But it didn't change the fact that he was a threat no matter what. "I just don't get why he would become a problem now. He has clearly been in this area before since he had a child with Luna and maybe lives here on a normal basis. So... why the problems now? Even after we had taken Solaria the problems should have started sooner then not after all this time." Xavier said thinking out loud.

“Maybe he got wind of you killing his wife...So now he wants all of us dead? Solaria never mentioned the man before nowC saying he travels and goes missing a lot. He could have been unaware of what had happened until he returned home and found an empty apartment and no child..” Adrian mused, foguring this seemed logical. But this man held no logic. “We have the numbers..We would have to sworn him in a large groups and try to just take him down as a large group.”

“Man, haven’t shared that in awhile..” Tenmo said as he remembered all the details he could. “Back when the border was strict, I was roaming the woods one day. I grew curious about the border so I came closer. Kaine has done the same and we locked eyes. There was like this pull between us we still can’t explain, curiosity as he got closer and..we ended up kissing”. Tenmo said with a warm smile

"I don't know... that still seems really circumstantial. Not to mention, wouldn't he know his wife was a werewolf? So why would he put aside his views and morals to have a child with her when he normally goes around killing and slaughtering her kind? It really doesn't make any sense to me." Xavier said with a soft sigh but he figured Adrian's idea was the best they would probably get to an answer. "Well... he's not getting her back, she doesn't need to be raised by someone like that. Especially when she saw Shi as family." He added. Adrian telling him they had the numbers and they would just have to try to overwhelm him made him nod in agreement, "Our best bet is to hit him as hard and fast as we can. That way he can't possibly fight back."

"By the look on your face you two did more than just kissing." Alise teased before it changed to a knowing look. "You got Kaine to put out that night didn't you?!" She couldn't help but laugh but also be a bit impressed. Tenmo being a wolf and all, especially with all they had been taught to get Kaine to have sex with him that first meeting was a surprising turn of events. Still, it had ended really well for them considering now they were both married and living together.

“It can be done...He could not stop all of us if we all went at once. We will not let him take her back and he deserves what he has coming to him. Now..time to make plans to take him down..” Adrian said with a firm nod and a small growl. Shi..We will kill him for you in vengeance and to protect your child and all of us

“Well...You aren’t wrong. We did a lot more than just kissing and man did I start faking hard after that. I even let him see me on the full moon son after, got me to have a normal conversation for the most part albeit a slow one” He said with a nod.

"This is where I am going to have to say something you aren't going to want to hear." Xavier said when Adrian said that it was time to make plans to take the hunter down. "We can't be part of the attack." He said after he was sure he had Adrian's attention. "It wouldn't be right for us to do so and take the chance of leaving Solaria without one of her Dad's or both of us. If this man really was able to take out Shi on his own, then there is absolutely no way we can risk ourselves like that. Shi's loss is devastating enough to Solaria, our deaths would be far worse." Xavier explained why they couldn't take part in the attack against the hunter. They couldn't risk hurting Solaria more than she already was after Shi's death.

A small amuse smile appeared on Alise's face when Tenmo admitted that she was right and a lot more than just kissing had happened that night. "Look at you being a charmer and getting Kaine to put out the very night you guys met." She mused. "That's taking things pretty fast don't you think?" Alise asked with a curious look. Letting Kaine see him on the full moon so soon after meeting seemed kind of dangerous and was moving things pretty fast. Clearly it had all worked out as both of them were still here, but it was still dangerous all the same and she could see how things could have gone terribly wrong.

Adrian heard they were not allowed to be part of the attack, feeling a bit angry at first. When Cavier quickly explained why, it made sense to him. He would not want Solaria to lose their fathers..Xavier was right. “Your are right..” He said with a nod of his head.

“Yeah, it was pretty fast. There was just a connection and things ended up happening” Tenmo said with a smile and a small shrug. “He just seemed...I don’t know. There was something about him that was attractive and drew me to him”