An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"I know..." Kaine said softly knowing that Shi wouldn't just let his arm be torn off either. He held Tenmo close just as he was held close wanting to give his husband as much comfort as he could right now. "You're right, we should try to spend some time with her tomorrow. Try to help her the best we can." Kaine replied as he let his eyes drift shut. It didn't take him very long after that to fall asleep being tired after everything that had happened that day and with the prospect of what was to come.

Alise had a really hard time sleeping, even curled up under Shi's blanket, surrounded by his scent she just couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time. Waking up and crying again for another hour or so before falling back asleep, a vicious cycle that she dealt with throughout the night. In the early morning hours she was just lying there curled around his pillow, still under the blanket with the picture of the two of them in hand staring at it blankly no more tears coming out at this point.

Tenmo was up the next morning, using a coffee cup He often found Shi drinking out of when he stayed at the coven house. He made her a quick breakfast as he quietly was making his way back to her room. “Hey Alise..” He said quietly, not having gotten much sleep himself. “I made you some food..and I got a coffee for you” He spoke softly, trying to be soft for her sake. It hurt for him but he felt she was hurting far more emotionally..

Alise heard the soft voice of Tenmo and at first she didn't move before she slowly unfolded herself from around the pillow and peaked out from under the blanket to see the other wolf. "Thank you." She said softly her voice not remotely the normal friendly upbeat tone it normally was. She was shifting on the bed sitting up the picture still in one hand as she silently motioned for Tenmo to come sit down since she truly didn't want to be alone but didn't have the energy or will to go anywhere else right now either.

Tenmo sat at her side, setting the tray of simple breakfast food down beside the bed. He was not sure what to say that could make her feel better, not one for words or deep conversation in times of sorrow. “I...I’m sorry. He loved you a lot, never stopped talking about you when you guys weren’t together” He said with a sad quiet chuckle, not wanting the rom to be silent either

Alise took the coffee that Tenmo had made for her and noticed the cup it was in, making her wish even more that Shi was here with her. But there was nothing she could do about it anymore, she had to accept it no matter how hard it was going to be. "I knew something was wrong when he left the room... I should have told him to stay..." Alise said as her eyes fell shut feeling like it was her fault he was gone. She should have told Shi not to go, should have made him stay somehow, but she had failed and because of that he was gone. Sipping from her coffee she shifted when she felt some pain in her lower abdomen, something that she wasn't used to but tried to push aside as a side effect of all the crying and emotional distress she had been through in such a short period of time.

“”You could not have known that would happen Alise. I am sure he could not have known and didn’t want to worry you or see you or Solaria hurt” Tenmo said quietly as he rubbed her back. “You winced a bit..Something wrong with your stomach?” Tenmo asked her quietly as he moved the breakfast plate closer to her

"But... I should have said something..." Alise said still blaming herself despite Tenmo telling her that she couldn't have known that would happen. That didn't mean she didn't blame herself, something had felt off when he had gotten up and he had said that nickname twice it had been an alarm bell and she should have said something, stopped him somehow. "I'm fine... probably just from all the crying and everything." Alise said pretending it was nothing as she took the plate that was pushed closer to her setting the coffee down and putting the picture back on her nightstand. After a few bites though she stopped feeling that same pain and letting out a soft groan as she leaned forward a little thinking maybe leaning into the pain might help ease it. Even though she really didn't want to draw any attention to it, they had enough things going on right now.

Tenmo grew more concerned when Alise had started groaning again after a few bites of food. “That’s not Just crying pain..I’m worried” Tenmo said quietly, knowing his stomach did not make him groan like that. Sure it was Alise and not him but maybe he was worried because he was on edge with everything. “Let me take you to the doctor, we can both go together if you’re worried about bothering people” He offered, wanting to make sure she was okay.

"I'm sure it's nothing. It'll go away." Alise tried to object when Tenmo said that it's not just crying pain and that he was worried not feeling like it was something to be concerned about even if it was definitely not something she had experienced before either. Before she could say anything else though he was telling her to let him take her to the doctor that they could go together if she didn't want to bother people. "I don't know..." She said trailing off but just as she had started to object she felt it again. Sighing she agreed but was dead set she changed her clothes before they went anywhere moving into her closet. She ended up slipping into looser clothes as the more she moved around the more she was feeling the pain and it made her uncomfortable for sure. "Let's go..." She said softly no longer wanting to argue with him. If Tenmo was concerned with everything that was going on she'd let him take her to the doctor to at least give them one less thing to worry about.

“Good..I will let Dad know in a text so they don’t freak out about where we are” Tenmo said as he grabbed one of Shis shirts for comfort for Alise. He was sure he was probably overreacting but would rather have his conscious eased and less people would worry. If they saw Alise in pain, people might freak out even more with this heightened emotional state. He started walking with her to the town hospital, putting away his ears and tail

Alise nodded when Tenmo told her he'd let his dad know in a text so they didn't freak out if they realized they were gone. Tenmo grabbing one of Shi's shirts made her happier than it should to at least still have some piece of him here, even if it was an article of clothing. On their way to the hospital she insisted on holding the other's hand, needing and wanting the physical comfort of another person and probably needing it for quite some time. When they got there it didn't take all that long before they were able to see a doctor, she answered the usual questions they asked without giving any of them any thought really and so the tests started to figure out what the cause was. When the doctor came back to let them know the results she sat there stared at the man as though he was completely crazy for a moment. Pregnant? The doctor had just told her she was pregnant and that the pain she felt wasn't all that uncommon in the early stages especially for a first time pregnancy.

She still didn't say anything as the doctor got up to get everything finished so they could go her eyes moving to Tenmo as if asking him to make some sense of this. "But..." She said only able to get that out before she was looking down at her stomach. This was both amazing to hear and all the more heartbreaking. Not to mention scary, she knew a vampire pregnancy would be extremely high risk which terrified her, especially not having Shi at her side for it. But knowing that this child was his also made her feel a little better knowing that she hadn't lost him completely, while still being all the more heartbreaking since he again wasn't there with her.

Tenmo stares at the doctor in shock..Pregnant? Alise is pregnant...? Tenmo sat there trying to process all this as the doctor left them be in the room now that the cause of the pain was figured out. “Pregnant...” Tenmo said wide eyed as he looking down at her stomach. “Well..um..wow” Tenmo said quietly as he held her hand tightly. “Congratulations..” He said, not sure what else to say and smiling warmly. “Hey Shi, you’re going to be a dad you old softy..” Tenmo sadly chucked as he looked at the shirt he set beside her on the bed.

"Thanks..." Alise said softly though she still couldn't bring herself to be all that excited about it. Even as her eyes fell to the shirt resting beside her she just felt that tinge of pain in her chest again knowing he wasn't here for this, would never see their child and she'd be left to raise it on her own. Not sure she was cut out to be a single parent, she took a shaky breath in as she sat up on the bed and moved to get down just as the doctor was coming back. They talked a little more and she was told how far along she was and when she would be expecting as well as a number to call for prenatal care. As they were leaving she slipped her hand back into Tenmo's as they were heading back towards the coven house, her steps possibly even slower than they had been before as she just tried to understand what was happening right now. Feeling like things were even more unfair to her now than they had ever been before. But at least she had some part of him that she could love and could hold and that would be there with her.

Tenmo didn’t tell Adrian what they found out, wanting to give Alise time to process this on her own. “You have me and kaines help, I’m sure Otso would love to help too. We will all help you so you won’t be alone in this..” Tenmo said quietly, kissing the top of her head. Why did life deal them that hand? Shi was a father and a newly engaged man..Why was he killed before he could see his child? He guided her back to her room, thinking of something to do with some of Shis smaller shirts. He grabbed a few things and got to work cutting up the tinnier shirt and seeing all the fabric together. He managed to make a basic tint blanket out of some of Shis shirts. “Figured than the little..one could always have their dad with them. Little boy or girl..” He said quietly, not sure if it was a vampire or a wolf or what. But right now, that was not important and Alise needed him more than ever

"Okay." Alise said softly as Tenmo told her that she would have his and Kaine's help, adding that he was sure Otso would love to help too and they wouldn't make her face this alone. Getting back to the coven house she let him take her back to her room where she was quick to finish her coffee really wanting it now more than ever as Tenmo seemed to be busy doing something. When he finished and showed her a small smile appeared on her face, "That's really nice of you." Alise said softly somehow finding more tears and crying a little more. She knew she would have to tell Adrian and Xavier because she'd need the support, but she would need to continue to see doctors throughout the pregnancy and this threat made her all the more nervous. Things couldn't be anymore high stake as it was, adding this hunter and things just seemed impossible to her right now.

"We got this...We will get rid of the threats. You are going to be a great mom to your little boy" Tenmo said with a soft smile, rubbing her back. "You have all of the coven and the pack to help you..And hey...Maybe you can make their middle name Shi? I am sure he will look like a spitting image of him that you will be able to hold" Tenmo said with a soft smile and a hug. It would be heartbreaking if the child looked like Shi too much but it may also be comforting. He had to do his best to make this as easy as possible for her.

"Thanks." Alise said softly not really sure if she completely believed that she'd be a great mom or not but she would at least give it her best shot. No matter how much her baby looked like Shi she'd do her best to keep it healthy and happy. "That sounds fitting." She added when Tenmo said maybe making their middle name Shi, at least it would be another part of the Dad that they would have. She hugged him back and let her eyes close for a moment as she didn't immediately want to let him go, when the hug did end though she wiped away some new tears not sure if it was because she was happy or sad or a combination of both. "I suppose I should let Adrian and Xavier and everyone know..." She said trailing off as she looked down at her hands.

"Whenever you are ready.." Tenmo said as he held out his hand for the other to take. He wanted to be there for her every step of the way. Shi...wherever you are...We promise we will take care of your kid. We will not let Alise go through this alone..Tenmo thought as he started walking her to a concerned Adrian next to Xavier.

"Is she all right?" was the first thing coming out of Adrians mouth. When Tenmo had mentioned the hospital, he could not help but get a bit worked up.

Alise wasn't entirely sure she was ready for this but the sooner it was in the open the sooner she would hopefully feel better about the whole thing. Taking Tenmo's hand and letting him lead her to where Adrian and Xavier were, Adrian looking concerned beside the other vampire. When they were asked if she was all right she nodded and waited for the others to appear. Bryan was keeping Otso close to his side, Kaine had been talking to a little Solaria trying to make her feel better and to smile, Xavier turning from the pair it seemed the whole group was gathered. She was silent for a moment before taking in a deep breath, "I'm... pregnant." She finally said being met with stunned silence from Xavier, Kaine and Bryan.

"Congratulations." The three of them said at once but at the same time they knew that this had to be even more stressful for her because of Shi's loss. Kaine was quick to pipe in if she needed anything to let him know that he'd definitely do whatever he could to help her Xavier quick to second the motion. Bryan promising her that they'd keep her safe so she wouldn't have to worry about herself or the child being in harms way.

Adrian and Otso looked on in shocked silence, even Solaria who looked at her stomach. "Congratulations..You will have the support of the entire pack behind you I assure you along with mine.." Adrian nodded, knowing they needed to get rid of the threat more than ever. Shi was like a son to him so he considered this little one his grandchild. He would not let anymore of his pack or his family be harmed.

Otso came forward and gave Alise a hug, holding her tightly. Shi was...is a father. "He would be happy.." Otso said with the saddest of smiles realizing how stressful it was. It made him more mad that the hunter killed Shi. Now he would never get to see his kid!

Alise wasn't surprised that Adrian told her she would have his as well as the entire pack's support. But it didn't make her any less concerned for the baby's safety with how current things were going right now. When Otso moved forward to hug her she returned it still needing such simple physical contact right now. The sad smile on his face when he told her that Shi would be happy made a few new tears fall. "I know... but he should be here." She said her voice shaking again still not able to accept any of this and wishing deep down that it was all just a bad dream when she knew that wasn't true at all. Reaching up she once again wiped the tears away, trying to take in all of this and feeling like it was way too much way too fast.

"I know Alise...I know" Otso said quietly as he hugged her tight. It really was not fair...Shi should be there! Everyone felt the same way as the group was quiet. One by one, everyone had come p to give her a hug making one large group hug around Alise. "That man is going to pay.." Otso said quietly, Tenmo and Adrian nodding in agreement. You ruined so many lives and crushed so many hearts....you do not deserve to live.

Alise's arms tightened around Otso when he hugged her tighter, it didn't matter that he was slightly shorter than her, it was still really appreciated. His hug seemed to reground her allowing her to get ahold of herself again and try to fight the tears back once more knowing that crying over it wasn't going to change anything. At the same time she knew that being pregnant could be a lot of the reason why she was crying to much, her hormones thrown out of whack because of the child she was carrying. She was barely aware of the others joining the hug making it a big group hug in the end, hearing Otso say that that man was going to pay. She really hoped he was right, right now she could care less that this man was Solaria's father, he had brought nothing but heartache and devastation to them while Solaria had much better Dad's in Xavier and Adrian where she was safer and her compassion for them and everything was nurtured.

“Okay, come on Alise, let’s go back to your room. I don’t think you got to finish your breakfast. And it is even more important you are taking care of yourself now” Tenmo said with a soft smile as everyone finally let go. Most of them were still in shock the pregnancy was even possible but it was still Shis kid. They had to protect Alise and her child...the last bit of Shi they had

For the first time in awhile a soft laugh escaped Alise when Tenmo took hold of taking care of her again telling her that they would go back to her room as she had not gotten a chance to finish her breakfast yet. Being told how important it was for her to be taking care of herself made her nod and she took Tenmo's hand to let him lead the way back upstairs to her room. Once more getting comfortable on her bed and eating the food that he had been really kind to make her this morning. Being back with Shi's blanket and pillow was comforting, adding his scent to her room, a scent that had been faint before the items had been added as they had spent more time in his room at the pack house than they did here.

Once the two had left Xavier glanced towards Adrian, "This brings a whole new danger to what's going on." The words left him with his worry for Alise and the child clear. Not just because of the hunter though, but because of her own body and he tried to think of what could be done to make this as easy on her and that child as possible. "This pregnancy is going to be extremely high risk to her and that child. At any point in it things can go south for either of them. Keeping her as stress free as possible is going to be a necessity." He added as he tried to think if there was a case like this before. Not here that he could recall but he knew it wasn't impossible just... extremely rare.