An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Adrian had woken up the next morning, making her a quick breakfast while Xavier helped her pack her bag. Solaria came bounding down the stairs happily, lugging her big bag in front of her. "Shi and Alise will be her any minute for your sleepover. Make sure you behave yourself" He smiled as he set down a plate of bacon and eggs in front of her. Solaria at it quickly with a smile as she heard the door opening. "Uncle Shi!" She smiled, giving his legs a hug when he stepped into the door. "Hello.." Shi said with a warm smile, patting her head.

Otso did not want to wake up yet but knew he had to..The meeting was being held downstairs in a bit. He could hear some of the pack having already arrived with how much noise was going on downstairs when it was normally far more quiet. Granted the situation caused them to be more somber but it was still louder. He got dressed to get ready, waiting for Bryan as he adjusted his collar.

Xavier was helping Solaria pack her bag for the sleepover having to talk her out of some things or else her bag would be far to heavy, reminding her it was for the night and she wasn't moving in with the couple. Following her down the stairs he laughed softly as Adrian was quick to tell her once more to make sure she behaved herself, Xavier adding a quick reminder to make sure she got a bath in before bed. Watching their daughter practically wolf down her food made him laugh and shake his head feeling like she took after the wolves in that moment which was quite likely with her mother being a werewolf. When there was a knock on the door she just called for them to come inside Solaria quickly latching herself to Shi's legs when he had stepped into the house. Alise was right behind him shutting the door softly and grabbing her bag. "Please make sure she gets in the tub tonight before bed." Xavier told Alise who happily smiled.

"Don't worry you two, we got her covered. I'll make sure she brushes her teeth and takes a bath before bed." Alise promised them before she was helping Solaria get bundled up as it was still snowy and cold outside and she didn't want her to get sick. "Give your Dad and Daddy a hug, Solaria." She said as she slipped the girl's bag on her shoulder. Wanting Solaria to give her parents a proper goodbye before they left for the pack house again.

Bryan groaned when he woke up in the morning to the louder sound of wolves downstairs. Tired and not wanting to get out of bed anytime soon, even if he knew that they had to do so. When he did finally drag himself out of bed it was to change his clothes before he was looking to Otso. "Come on love, we need to get ready and get downstairs. It won't be long before Xavier and Adrian are here and the meeting starts."

Solaria had Alise hold her bag while she said goodbye to Adrian and Xavier. "I will be very good, promise! This will be the best sleepover ever!' Solaria said with a happy squeal as she followed the two back to the pack house. She went right to Shis room, plopping on it with a smile. "Eager.." Shi said with a shake of his head and a smile. She was a tiny Otso, just like him when he was a pup.

"Almost done" Otso said as he straightened out his hair. "Okay, now I am done.." He said with a chuckle as he took the others hand. He loved holding Bryans hand..it was so warm against his own. He made his way down the stairs and saw Adrian stepping inside with Xavier shortly after. "Solaria got dropped off okay?" Otso asked with a smile, figuring they must have dropped her off already if they were already here.

Alise laughed how Solaria very quickly made herself at home and it made her laugh. "I love it though!" She said with a bright smile as she sat the bag down and sat down on the bed as well. "So, why don't you tell us what you want to do first, Solaria?" She asked the little girl. Figuring that the best way to keep her occupied was to have her choose what they did so they were always doing something she wanted to do instead of them insisting on something she wasn't interested in.

"Yes, Alise and Shi just picked her up." Xavier replied giving Otso and Bryan a small smile. "Let's get everyone into the coven's meeting chambers so that it will be easier to address everyone." He added motioning for everyone who was currently gathered to follow him since it was mostly pack members who wouldn't know where in the house they were going. Reaching the room he pushed the large doors open, it opened into a huge room that was probably the same size as the rest of the house, seats filing down just like those seen in college movies or auditoriums more than enough to house the coven and pack for this meeting. "Find seats and get comfortable." Xavier commented as he lead Adrian down the stairs where the rest of the coven's council was waiting for them.

"Coloring, that sounds like fun!" Solaria smile as she went to her bag to get her coloring supplies. She gave some to everyone before she opened her own book and began to color in a page. Even Shi was coloring in a page, his werewolf ears popping out and twitching. "Be right back my snowy angel, keep Solaria occupied. Love you so much my snowy angel" Shi repeated her nickname twice, kissing her on the lips which made Solaria giggle. "Quiet you..I can saw I love you to my fiance" he chuckled before taking his phone and leaving the room, stepping out of the pack house.

"Okay, move it people" Otso laughed as one by one, the entire pack was filing into the room. All of the wolves have managed to find a space to sit down, getting comfortable as they looked curiously around the room. Adrian followed Xavier to the head of the room, wishing the first combined races meeting werent for dire circumstances..

Alise was coloring in a cute picture of a cat when Shi suddenly seemed to put his things down and telling her he'd be right back and that he loved her. "I love you too." Alise replied a little confused especially since Shi had said his new nickname for her not once but twice, that wasn't like him especially in the same breath. Something was wrong and she could sense it but she didn't want to alarm Solaria so she had no choice but to let him go even though she had really wanted nothing more than to tell him to stay. After he had left she turned her attention back to Solaria and asked if she could see the picture she was coloring in an attempt to distract herself.

Bryan chuckled softly as Otso got the pack moving and settling down into seats, taking his hand and leading him over to a spot as well. The rest of the coven was still filing in, being quite large it took the coven longer to get settled than the pack. Xavier was speaking with the other council members who he was introducing Adrian to better now when they reached the head of the room. This whole meeting was an unnerving situation but it was so important that it was done. Before long and after making sure everyone was present, including Tenmo and Kaine and he had texted them both this morning and demanded they drag themselves out of their home and join them he got the meeting started.

Adrian was introducing Xavier to the members of the pack as Tenmo was walking in with Kaine. Once everything was settled, he introduced the topic of the meeting. "As you all know, disturbing news had been brought to our attention. Rogue vampires, rogue wolves and a hunter had been spotted a few towns over yesterday" He continued to explain the contents of the meeting for today before he handed the floor over to Xavier.

"Its a parrot! I colored it in in all the rainbow colors, see?' Solaria said with a big smile on her face as she showed off the picture. She started on another one and already finished it, looking toward the door. "Uncle Shi is taking a long time..Did he have to use the bathroom?" She asked before going back to coloring. She looked toward Alises phone when it rang in a video call from Shis number. "Its Uncle Shi!" She smiled, clicking the answer button. But....Shi was not on the screen. It was a blond haired blue eyed man...the hunter. "Oh helloooooooo" The man said with an eerily cheerful grin. " You must be the one the mutt has as 'Snowy Angel' in this damn thing. Well....even better" He said with a small grin on his face as he held up a long piece of fur into the frame that looked like Shi's tail. "I simply had to inform you I took care of one of this towns mutt problems..he was a fighter that one before he died" He said with a wider grin.

After everyone had settled and Adrian had introduced the topic and said what he had to before the floor was handed to him. Xavier was quick to let the coven know the restrictions that would be put into place and how alternative food sources will be available until the eminent threat to them was taken care of. At this point he started to address the whole group again, explaining that patrols would be given out, one vampire with one wolf unless you were in a relationship or blood relative in which case you would be paired with said person. "These patrols aren't just to make sure the threat is not coming towards either buildings and threatening our large numbers, but to keep tabs on our enemies and devise ways to safely and quickly take down the threat. They must be taken seriously, anyone found to not be taking their tasks seriously will have consequences to face." When he finished saying that he turned back to Adrian to have him add on anything else he may want to say.

"It's so pretty!" Alise said happily making a big deal out of the cute parrot she had colored and how colorful it was. When Solaria brought attention to how long Shi had been gone she felt herself getting more anxious and uncomfortable as well, worried that something was terribly wrong. Suddenly her phone started to go off and Shi's face appeared Alise was quick to take the phone and make it so Solaria was unable to see the screen when she realized very quickly that was not her fiance. The moment this man spoke a deep growl escaped her and her eyes narrowed, the long piece of fur he held up made her heart stop and she felt as though all the breath was knocked out of her. "I don't believe you." Alise growled when the man said that Shi was dead, not believing that was remotely true. Shi was the strongest wolf she had ever met, and she did not believe he could be brought down by a hunter, refused to believe it. Putting her hand over the phone and the speaker so she would not be heard she turned to Solaria. "Stay here, and stay quiet I'm going to be right outside the room. Okay?" After making sure she understood this was serious she was quick to step out of the room removing her hand and glaring back into the camera. "You're stepping into dangerous territory fucking with anyone in this area." She said her tone making it clear she was pissed. Despite how her heart was slamming in her chest she did her best to ignore it but was quick to press the record button on her phone to record the video call. She had to do something and she had to keep him on the line and get as much out of him as she could before he hung up. "What do you want?"

Solaria looked confused as Alise had quickly left the room looking rather angry and worried. "You do not believe me do you...?" The hunter said with a grin and a dark chuckle. "You think he would just hand me his phone? How about this then if that is not enough to convince you....?" He said with a big sinister toothy grin as he held up Shis bleeding arm...and only his arm in his hand. "What I want is everyone of you dead...I have taken down a strong fighter and boy did he fight. 'No one will hurt my fiance! Do not hurt my family!' Not much of a screamer when I cut his arm off, but it was fun to watch him bleed out" He said with a grin. "I am afraid you will have to postpone that wedding indefinitely.." He said with another chuckle.

"It is very important you do not engage unless necessary. Report when you can and only fight if it poses an immediate threat. Keep your wits about you and be on high alert. I cannot stress this enough...anyone slacking will answer to us" Adrian spoke in a serious tone, his gaze unwavering at the crowd.

"That doesn't answer the question." Alise growled her jaw clenched and though she wanted to cry at the sight of Shi's arm and just that and what the hunter said she refused to let even a sliver of that show. She was not going to let him get to her when she had Solaria in the other room needing her. No matter how much it hurt, and how much she would rather just fall on the floor and cry. It would not happen while this man was still on the phone, and not at all of she had anything to say about it. "What. Do. You. Want?" She asked punctuating every word. It would not make sense that a hunter would suddenly be causing them problems after so long of living here and she refused to believe that the rogues were the only reason he was here and that he was doing this.

"Everyone needs to understand that rogues on their own could be dangers to either the pack or the coven. A hunter is a whole new kind of threat, one that cannot be taken lightly. The skill and the knowledge that these humans have of us and our world is extremely dangerous. They are possibly more dangerous to us than either of our people are to each other, and you all know what we have done to each other before this unique bonding." Xavier said making this as clear as he could. It was important that everyone understood just how dangerous this was, and how important it was that they were all careful and looking out for each other. "This is the first real test of our union as one group, which means I wish to announce something more light hearted. With the union of the pack and the coven and with the border now abolished we invited everyone from either the coven or the pack to make yourselves comfortable in either home. These doors and the pack house are now open to every member of the coven and the pack. Living together in peace and harmony is one of the biggest steps we can make and there is no better time than when facing a serious threat to make such a step."

"I do not need to explain myself any further...Now that I know you vile creatures of hell are close. I am going to make sure each and every one of you die. And get my daughter away from such creatures. Too-da-loo...My....snowy.....angel" The hunter said with a smirk, hanging up the phone. You foolish vampires...foolish wolves...You messed with the wrong family. You will not corrupt my daughter..

"Of course agreeing with what he said, all homes are free to walk in and out of. I ask everyone to not wander into personal rooms knowingly and still respect each others spaces as they are now your own. Respect and kindness..." Adrian said seriously but did smile warmly, holding Xaviers hand. "We will take care of this together not as two species...as one family..."

Alise's heart seemed to freeze over when she heard him call her that, the nickname wasn't special in this moment and did not make her happy in any way. She moved back into the room and scooped Solaria up into her arms without a word, throwing a blanket over her while she was holding her to keep Solaria warm. Pocketing her phone she left the pack house and ran for the coven house knowing she needed to get Solaria to a safer place and nowhere was safer than where everyone was currently located. Tears had finally welled up at this point and falling from her eyes, but she tried to focus on the main problem right now and that was that they were all in more danger than anyone may have originally thought. When she entered the building she was quick to drop the blanket at the front door closing and locking the door behind her though she thought it wouldn't do any good if the hunter knew where the house was which she seriously hoped he didn't before setting off for the room where everyone was.

Not knocking or anything she walked into the room pushing the heavy doors open and carrying Solaria down towards the main floor not wanting to give her to anyone other than Adrian and Xavier at this point. When she reached the two she spoke and her voice easily shook, "We have a serious problem." She said as she pulled her phone out and pulled up the recording she had taken of the video call handing her phone to Adrian.

Solaria was confused when Alise suddenly picked her up and wrapped her in a blanket. She was confused and scared, Alise always looking so happy. Where was Uncle Shi...? She was dropped in front of Xavier and Adrian, looking up at them confused. Adrian looked even more confused, seeing Alise look visibly shaken. She looked...very upset...he couldn't think of how to describe the emotions in her face. Adrian looked at the phone and saw the hunters face before he even had to press play. He hooked up the phone and pressed play, hoping he could find the hunter's motiv-He looked at the screen shocked as the hunter held up Shi's arm, the entire pack looking on in stunned silence. The hunter got Shi quickly...Shi was a strong built guy...what about the rest of them? He was dead?! They had no idea how to react, Adrian quickly covering her eyes even though she saw and would have heard the audio even if it was not shown. "Uncle Shi...?" Solaria said quietly, tears springing to her eyes as even Adrian had tears in his eyes with a loud growl. Shi was a surrogate son to him...a member of the pack....How dare he.

Otso looked at the screen in shock when Shi's arm was shown on the screen. S-Shi....no.....not Shi....this can't be real......Shi! Choking sobs escaped his lips as he lost another member of his family as his hands curled into fists. "THAT SON OF A BITCH!" He screamed, slamming his fists on the table as the tears spilled down his face.

Alise under no circumstances could watch the video again, and as it played she felt Xavier pull her into him where she just let the tears flow freely. She was truly devastated and couldn't believe this was happening, she still didn't want to believe it was happening even as the arms around her tightened in a protective manner. Hearing Solaria's soft quiet voice only seemed to make this whole thing hurt even more, especially when it was met by Otso's scream breaking through the room. She could hear the shocked murmurs of the other council members but she tried to focus only on the very solid body of Xavier.

Xavier couldn't believe what he was seeing and the response to the video and what was said breaking through the room was only more traumatic to everyone. He made sure he kept a firm hold on Alise who was crying in his arms and clearly out of it, something that he couldn't help but understand as he tried to shield her from this but it was clearly to late. That didn't mean he wasn't going to do something about it, but right now he had to take care of her as she clearly needed it. When Otso's scream broke through the room he made a mental note to add him to the list of people he would have to tend to and take care of and make sure was okay and cared for during this time that had seriously gotten so much worse than he could have ever thought.

Bryan instantly reached for his little wolf pulling him into him after Otso had screamed and slammed his fists on the table in front of him, pulling him to him and burying the wolf's face in his chest holding him tightly. He hoped his love for Otso was showing as he held him close and tried to shield him from it even if he knew that the poor wolf was in a lot of pain right now. Bryan wasn't about to let the wolf go right now, trying to sooth him in any way he could.

Kaine was stunned and even though he had not been close to Shi he felt the pain that came with this. His hand had gripped Tenmo's hard and his heart dropped even more at the reaction Otso had who was quickly taken by Bryan. Eyes were watery as they moved up to Tenmo not even being able to imagine what anyone from the pack was feeling right now.

"Shi....not Shi....N-not..." Otso growled into his chest between heavy sobs. Shi was like a brother to him...he was his rock and his strength. They went through so much together..He was supposed to be the strong one! And Alise....Everything made him sob, feeling completely broken down. Shi...he really was gone...

Tenmo remained in a stun silence, looking at the screen with watery eyes. The hunter got Shi....And had no remorse or any real reason to do so but want him dead. How.....why? He had no explanation and his little sisters face now ran with tears. She just saw him moments before he had to guess..

Adrian held Solaria tight as her eyes spilled with tears, trying to comfort his little girl. But even he was crying, feeling weak as any happiness and confidence he had of this situation was shot down quickly. Words failed him as he could not even speak...

"I've got you love." Bryan whispered as he ran his hands through Otso's hair feeling the other sob heavily into his chest but he didn't let go. He just held him tightly to him, having pretty much pulled Otso into his lap at this point and focusing solely on tending to him. Dipping his head he kissed the top of Otso's head while encouraging him to cry, Bryan feeling like he needed to do so and get it out of his system not able to imagine what he or any member of the pack was feeling, or Alise for that matter. He could only imagine what this had to be doing to all of them.

Kaine's hand was tightly holding Tenmo's and he leaned against his side to give him a hug knowing this was hard for them especially as his eyes landed on Solaria and Adrian. This was... heartbreaking to say the least. Especially knowing that Solaria and Alise had just been with Shi not that long ago, so how could this have happened? But there was no knowing for sure, but it was definitely painful. Especially since it suddenly hit him that he seemed aware that they had Solaria who was apparently his daughter. That only made matters worse though, and he asked himself why the man would behave like this when Solaria's mother was what she had been.

Xavier glanced towards Adrian and pulled him and Solaria to him as well kissing the top of his husband's head. "Right now... I think for the safety of everyone that we all move here until further notice. It's the only place big enough to house all of us." Xavier whispered in Adrian's ear before he went ahead to handle this as well saying it to everyone gathered. He turned to the council and requested they find all the pack members rooms to stay in and to keep them all close they had each other in these troubled times. Then he requested that Otso, Bryan, Tenmo and Kaine remain behind with them since he figured they were all the closest to Shi or Alise aside from the actual pack and they had to figure out what they were going to do about this huge loss.

Adrian nodded, holding Solaria close to him as he continued to comfort her while Xavier addressed the crowd. She clung to him like he would disappear if she let go, Adrian holding her tight. He was quiet for a bit, his heart breaking more seeing the ring on Alises finger. They were supposed to be married...It was supposed to be a life of blood and not this. “We should hold some type of..funeral service of some kind for Shi. I think...we should get some of the things from his room and bring them here. They still have his scent on them and..it might help you..” Adrian said quietly as he looked up at Alise. She could use his blanket and pillow and it would still smell like him. Maybe it would help...

Otso was bawling his eyes out in uncontrollable sobs. Shi was always there from him when he had panic attacks..He was raised alongside him and Tenmo. And now he..he..It only made him sob more. Even as his tears ran dry he still cried into the others chest. Shi finally found happiness and the hunter took it away from him! It wasn’t fair!

“I think he would..want her to have it. And some of his clothes. We can’t..have a proper funeral with everything going on and...” Tenmo spoke quietly, unable to continue. Shi was gone..The muscles was taken down by a hunter. Shi of all people should be alive right now.

"We will." Xavier promised, but it wasn't just Adrian he was promising, some sort of funeral was something Alise would need as well. Adrian's suggestion of getting some things from Shi's room that still had his scent for Alise made him nod as he looked down at the vampire. This whole time her body never stopped shaking and she never stopped crying, he couldn't begin to imagine what she was going through. They had just gotten engaged the day before, and now the wolf was gone leaving behind nothing but pain and heartbreak. Unfortunately he had to make an executive decision here and called for Kaine to take Alise up to her room, he'd find someone to go get a few of Shi's things that might give her some comfort. Someone he was sure would just go and do that before coming back so they would not add more to the body count.

Kaine leaned over and gave Tenmo a gentle kiss, "Come with me and help me get Alise settled in upstairs." He offered as he got up and pulled on Tenmo's hand to bring him along, his gaze moved to Bryan and he nodded towards the door in a way of saying to get Otso out of here as well. As he reached Xavier he took over wrapping his arms around Alise's shaking form and turned her towards another set of doors, the doors the council members normally entered and left the chamber from. Leading her through these doors and up towards her room, when they entered her room he was careful but quick in trying to get her into bed despite how she finally seemed to try to argue.

Bryan had met Kaine's gaze and stood up himself taking Otso with him and carrying him from the room, there was nothing left to be discussed that could help his little wolf anymore. Right now he just needed time and a quiet safe place, and he was going to make sure he got that as he carried him upstairs to his room. Reaching it the first thing he did was set them both in the bed, leaning back enough to wipe away the traces of tears that were on his wolf's face before he was pulling Otso back into him and kissing the top of his head, still encouraging him to let it out.

With the main group of people close to Shi currently taken care of Xavier dismissed the large group the council leaving to find the pack members rooms leaving him with Adrian and Solaria. He held them both against him and he kissed the top of Adrian's head before bending to do the same to Solaria. "I'm so sorry." He whispered to Adrian knowing that Shi had been like a son to him. The wolf had finally found someone who made him happy and was taken from everyone the very next day, life couldn't be any harsher than that. "We need someone who will go and retrieve some things from his room and do only that. We don't need to lose anyone else."

“The twins will do it...” Adrian said quietly, sending them a message to get Shis pillow blanket among other things. “It’s not fair...” Solaria said with tears spilling down her face. “Papa did bad things and Shi was nice..Shi was supposed to get married..” Which made her cry even more. “I know sweetheart...I know” Adrian said as he held her close. His chest hurt so much from this and now his bubbly girls innocence and joy being dashed.

“It’s not fair...! It’s not fair! Shi did nothing to wrong him and it’s not fair. Everyone in my family leaves me!” Otso cried more, crying deep into Bryans chest. He cried his eyes out, his throat hurting from how much he cried. He passed out in the others chest from how much he cried.

Tenmo nodded quietly, helping to support Alise as best as he could. He can only imagine what she was going through besides his own feelings. They just got engaged..Shi was madly in love with whet and had spent every waking moment he could possibly have at her side. He looked up when he noticed the twins had already arrived, unusually silent even for them. Tsuki carried Shis blanket and pillow, Taiyo carried some clothes he wore frequently along with a blown up picture of the picture Shi took yesterday of the two of them in a nice frame

Xavier reached down and picked Solaria up before he was reaching out to Adrian again and pulling him into him to give him a tighter hug staying just like that for a moment before he was taking his husbands hand in his and leading him from the chamber. Setting course for his old room and glad that it was untouched when they entered it, sitting on the bed with Solaria still in his arms and pulling Adrian down beside him. Leaning forward and kissing the other's cheek, "I know you said we need to try to have some type of funeral, but Alise as well as you and the others will never be able to fully let go unless we can recover him." Xavier said as he moved to lay Solaria down on the bed, the three of them would stay in the room together. His bed was big enough to fit them all and it was the safest place for her right now.

"I know love." Bryan purred as he continued to hold Otso to him letting him cry as much as he could until he had managed to cry himself to sleep. At this point he shifted them both to lay down and get some much needed rest, still holding Otso tightly in his arms as he tried to fall asleep himself. It was hard for him to do so, because he was worried about the little wolf, Alise... everyone. This whole thing just seemed to be getting worse and worse and he wasn't sure it was something he could just stand by and watch.

Kaine was sitting on the side of her bed rubbing her back gently as she laid there crying and trying to sooth her but not finding any words to do so. His eyes moved to Tenmo as though asking for something to say or do but it seemed as though they both were coming up empty. It wasn't long before the twins arrived in the room Kaine took the blanket from Tsuke to drape over Alise hoping it'd help, before he could even reach for the pillow the other was still holding Alise had disappeared under the blanket and was now just a ball. This caused him to sigh and he gently rubbed her back over the blanket, just telling Tsuki to set it on the bed while leaving Taiyo to put the clothes in the closet for now as he was sure Alise would find something to do with them. Taking the picture and setting it on her nightstand facing the bed so when she did emerge she could roll over and see it.

“I know we won’t dear...but she needs something. We all do..” Adrian said quietly as he leaned into his husband. He knew he was dead after seeing that video but his heart hurt to not have a body to view and mourn. It was the same for Shis parents as well..so torn to pieces they had to grab anything left for their funeral. He held Solaria in between them, who was quiet and not her normally bubbly self.

The twins carefully set down the thinds, both of them lingering for a bit before leaving. Tenmo looked quietly at the picture, able to see Shis smiling face. It was weird to have a picture of him smiling and looking like he was filled with such joy. Why him? He deserved better than this..He deserved Alise to live a happy life..

Xavier sighed softly but didn't speak knowing Adrian had a point but they had to figure something out as well. His arms were wrapped around Solaria with his hands holding Adrian. Keeping the two close to him, as close as he could right now at least. His eyes drifted shut as he was resting there, thinking about everything that had happened to them right now and how things had changed in such a short period of time. "This is just... too much." He whispered as he was falling asleep himself.

Kaine was silent as he sat there rubbing her back his eyes moving to the picture of Alise and Shi and it was so easy to see how happy they had been together and how perfect things had been going for them. After the form in the blanket had stopped shaking and they no longer heard the soft sobs coming from Alise he carefully got up and took Tenmo's hand leading him out of the room and towards his room. Finding it lucky that the things he hadn't taken were still there, sitting on the bed he stared at his hands just in shock. "Things... are really bad." He said so softly he wasn't even sure if Tenmo would be able to hear him.

“They are...” Tenmo said in a voice barely above a whisper. “Shi can take down grizzly bears like it’s soreading butter on toast. And the hunter got him so easily..? This is a strong foe..on top of that my sisters brother. She must be heart broken seeing her dad for the monster he is. And Alise..god...poor alise....” Tenmo wasn’t sure what else to say

"That's why it doesn't make any sense." Kaine said softly shaking his head. This whole thing just didn't make any sense, not being able to believe or accept that a hunter would be able to overpower Shi. Especially just a single person, it didn't seem possible and even with the proof he refused to believe the hunter alone had pulled off such a kill. "Solaria is too sweet of a child to be his, and it raises so many questions. And yes... Alise, I can't even imagine what she's feeling but I know I would feel the same way if it had been you." He said as his eyes moved up to Tenmo before he was moving to curl up against his side.

“But Shi would not just let his arm be torn off either..I don’t know..I’m in denial and it hurts. I miss him..” Tenmo said quietly as he held Kaine close. “Let’s spend some time with her tomorrow okay? Otso normally would but..I don’t think he is ready to be comforting..I don’t know..” He said quietly as he closed his eyes