An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

“Of course I will” Otso said with a nod, giving him a small smile back. He was going to get a lot of shit from Adrian once he found out but he wanted to do this. He looked weak enough in comparison to probably any coven member. He really wanted to bite the hunters neck and fight too but Xavier was telling him no. He couldn’t..and he hated it..

Xavier went to gather the vampires he had picked for this to brief them on the situation so that when he had run things quickly by Adrian while hopefully hiding Otso's involvement that they could put the plan into action quickly. After briefing them on the situation he was back in his office sitting behind the desk and thinking about his Pup and the pack wondering how Adrian was going to pull of this memorial but knowing if anyone could he would.

“I found a bunch of old videos and pictures, not one for pictures so it took a bit longer. And his journal..”Adrian spoke as he walked into the room. He was holding a stack of paper on top of a box of tapes along with a black journal. “Any progress on your end?” He asked as he set the things down to start organizing them.

"That's good." Xavier said a small smile appearing as he saw the box that Adrian was carrying along with the papers on top and a black journal. When he was asked if he had any progress on his end he just nodded at first as he was watching Adrian put the box down. "Yeah I picked the vampires that are going to go and briefed them on the situation, and spoke to Otso who offered to be bait." The last part about Otso Xavier said so softly he was hoping that Adrian wouldn't catch it. But he didn't want to lie and not tell him who the bait was going to be since he knew Adrian would ask and if he lied would be pissed.

“He did..WHAT NOW?!” Adrian said as he put the stuff down quickly. “Is he fucking crazy? Sure we need to use someone as bait and of course he volunteers himself. He almost died once and that was scary enough as it is..Of course he would volunteer” He said as he was pacing around. God dammit Otso..He thought to himself as he stared down Xavier. “The vampires protecting him better be the best damned vampires you got because I swear to god if he gets hurt...” Adrian took a deep breath as he calmed down. “Just...don’t let him get hurt...” He sighed, knowing Otso was determined and probably begged to do it.

"Hey... love." Xavier said as he moved to get up ignoring the way that Adrian was staring him down for even agreeing. He wrapped his arms tightly around his Pup and leaned down to give him a light kiss. "I told Otso he was to leave the moment the hunter was drawn out and engaged and come back here." He said softly. For a moment he was silent as he thought about it more before he continued, "I picked the group I picked with Otso in mind because he had come to me and asked to be the bait practically begging for it before I had even had a chance to start putting a group together. I promise I won't let anything happen to him, even if I have to go myself." Xavier promised his love.

“Oh hell no, you aren’t going if I’m not going” Adrian said with another glare. “I was already a single father once, I am not losing you” Adrian said, giving him a deeper kiss. “They better be careful..and aim going to guess you aren’t telling Bryan? ‘Master’ won’t be happy with his ‘pet’ acting as bait for a hunter” Adrian said with a small smile

"Okay, stop your glaring." Xavier replied kissing Adrian's cheek when he told him that he wasn't going if Adrian wasn't. That was fair enough, and he had already explained why neither of them could go so he wasn't sure why he had suggested it to begin with. Shrugging it off he returned the deep kiss that Adrian gave him giving his husband a small smile when it broke, the mention of Bryan made a guilty look cross his face and he refused to meet his lover's gaze. "Ah well... no. You're right I don't plan on telling him... he'd definitely kill me if he found out..." Xavier admitted knowing that Bryan would react even worse than Adrian had. Already able to see how pissed off an unaccepting he would be of such news which made him all the more determined he not tell him.

“You’re lucky I love you too much to not kill you” Adrian said with a small smirk. He could get incredibly angry but he would never intentionally harm Xavier. “I am sure he is going to find out but if you won’t, don’t tell him until the plan is already underway. I am not getting chewed out for you caving into Otso so quickly..Just be careful when you tell him okay? He is going to wonder where Otso is when he is doing this..” Adrian said with a small nod

A small smile appeared on his face when Adrian told him he was lucky he loved him too much to kill him. "Is that the only reason you wouldn't kill me?" He purred. "God I hope not..." Xavier mumbled when Adrian said he was sure that Bryan would find out, "I'll occupy him with Alise. That way he won't even notice Otso is missing." It was a terrible idea and he knew it, but it was the only one he had to distract Bryan during the short period of time that Otso would be gone as bait. At least he really hoped it would be a short period of time.

“Maybe not..” Adrian teased with a small smile and another peck on the lips. “If you think it will work long enough than do it, dispatch the vampires shortly after Otso becomes the bait and take Bryans attention away from his short disappearance. He will be the death of us if Otso gets hurt as well. He hasn’t grown rather close and affectionate as time moved on” Adrian commented, having seen them grow rather close and spending a lot of time in each other’s company

Amusement appeared on Xavier's face when Adrian spoke laughing softly as he was pecked on the lips once more. "I hope it will." He admitted not really sure if it would work or not but thinking it was at least worth a shot. "That's true... I never thought I'd see the day anyone got through to him, much less Otso. Seems like such an unlikely pair but they both appear to be really happy together." Xavier replied. Though he had never thought he would see this day, he knew Adrian had felt the same way about Shi.

“Same with Shi...A quiet reserved man who didn’t seem to care about much other than Otso. He found Alise and he just...had a different aura about him. He started feeling kinder and wasn’t if that makes any sense? His presence and the way he held himself was different after Alise. He would have loved to hear he had a flesh and blood relative in his son. It was always an issue of his growing up..not having anymore blood family even if he did consider us family” Adrian quietly nodded. “Now then..we both have work to do” He said as he picked up a picture of him through the coven window dancing with Alise the first time in the ballroom.

"Shi's loss has definitely impacted a lot of people, but at least Otso has another person who really cares about him." Xavier said when Adrian started talking about how Shi had been the same way never really caring about much other than Otso. The small wolf was the only thing Bryan and Shi had been able to see eye to eye on, both wanting to keep him safe and make sure he was taken care of. But he knew that Otso was in good hands as well, which only made him feel even worse for letting the wolf be bait. Adrian say that have work to do, and he looked at the picture that he was holding a small smile appearing on his face. "I suppose you're right." He said softly though he wished he could just go back to when they were able to hold each other all day with no worries other than their little girl.

“Hopefully this will all be over soon..and we can go on with our lives in relative peace. I thought us fighting was bad..” Adrian said with a chuckle as he tried to keep himself happy. “Never thought we would be here fighting a hunter together huh..?” He said as he found another picture of Shi with a smug look holding up a huge fish in his teeth while Otso had a tiny one

"I hope so." Xavier agreed with a nod before he was watching Adrian grab another picture, looking over his shoulder to see what it was a small smile appearing on his face. "Not at all, honestly I never thought we'd be here fighting anything after the pack and coven's union." Xavier admitted with a small smile appearing. "But there isn't anyone else I'd rather face this danger with, and I'm sure much of the coven can say the same."

"I am sure the pack feels the same, even if some are still getting used to the union. They know the coven will have their backs if there is a problem. The hunter will be the first big problem everyone has faced together..Now let's take a fucker down" Adrian said with a smirk, hoping those vampires ripped him to pieces for Shi.

"It's going to take a little while for everyone to get used to this union. It's a lot different than they are used too." Xavier said with a small smile. Nodding when Adrian said that the hunter will be the first big problem everyone faced together and to take him down. "We'll enact it tomorrow then, it's to late to do it tonight." He replied.

Adrian nodded, giving him a deep kiss after he was finished speaking. "Le's end this.." He said before giving the other another kiss on the lips. Otso...be careful...Coven, please protect the man whom he views like another son. Otso is a pure soul, he does not deserve any harm to come to him.

Xavier returned each kiss a small smile on his face, more than ready to bring an end to this and not have to worry about the hunter anymore. Hugging his Pup to him he rested his head on the other's shoulder, "I'll make sure Otso comes back. I promise." He said softly even if he had to send vampires just to drag the wolf back after his task had been completed. He would not let Adrian lose another son, and wouldn't let the pack or coven suffer another big loss.

“You better..All my sons keep getting into life threatening situations..I already lost Shi..I almost lost Otso awhile back..I don’t want to lose him again. He is way too much of an angelic soul to have to suffer like that and take it” Adrian said with a quiet laugh to try and comfort himself. Otso was an innocent kid and kept smiling despite his circumstances..He didn’t deserve to die..no one did

"I know, Pup. If I have to send Bryan with him I will." Xavier said though he wished that would not be necessary, but if it was the only way to ensure that Otso came back then he may have to. "They'll both just have to be really careful, and of course I won't let Otso know I'm sending Bryan after him." He added if this was what Adrian wanted him to do instead of distracting Bryan here with Alise he would. Since he knew under no circumstances would Bryan allow Otso to stay once the hunter appeared.

“Bryan might feel better if he can watch over him even if Otso doesn’t know and is already out there. Otso might start looking too scared of he knows Bryan is watching him ahead of time Adrian nodded, happy to have set their plan. They needed a happy innocent man as the bait, not a fearful one who looks to be expecting something

"That's true... doesn't mean he won't kill me for letting Otso do this before he goes to watch over him but it will at least ensure that he'll make it home alive." Xavier commented with a soft sigh. If anyone would ensure that Otso got back alive without being distracted and tempted by the hunter it was Bryan. Anyone else would have too much of a vendetta against the hunter for Shi's death and that was something they were trying to avoid. Granted their innocent bait also had such a vendetta, he just hoped it wouldn't cloud the wolf's judgement and would make sure he stuck to his word. If not, Bryan was there to drag him back safe and sound.

“That will reassure me..” Adrian admitted with a nod. “Bryan will see to it Otso comes home..I suppose we tell Bryan once the plan starts going into motion tomorrow. Bryan will let out his anger and then go watch over him. Hopefully Bryan will them get Otso out of there with no complications” Adrian nodded, putting away the pictures he chosen as worthy for now, looking toward the journal. He didn’t feel right reading it, maybe Alise should first..