An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Xavier had sensed the anger that Adrian had when he had told him they were not allowed to be part of the attack, and he was expecting some sort of backlash especially because this man had killed Shi who was a son to Adrian. Having quickly explained his reasoning though it seemed to make Adrian's body relax a little and a moment later he was saying he was right. Xavier felt instant relief knowing that Adrian was going to accept this and understand why it had to be this way. "I'm sorry, Pup." He said softly knowing that Adrian had wanted to be part of it for Shi but they couldn't. "We should be careful in picking who goes though. We will have to attack him hard and fast, but we don't want to send just anyone either."

"That's kind of sweet though." Alise admitted with a small smile as Tenmo explained that there was just something about Kaine that was attractive and drew him in. That seemed to be how it was with most people who fell in love, even if it had all happened so quickly. "Well, despite how fast it had happened you both seem to be really happy which in the end is what really matters." She admitted as she settled herself down in a chair with her sandwich.

“You’re right..” Adrian said as he did not want to lose anymore of the pack or members of the coven. “Who do you suggest..?” He asked quietly, knowing he had to be careful? He could send in Tenmo or Kaine but god forbid he lost another son..or his son lost his mate. He might be a shell of a man..but someone had to go. Someone had to take the hunter down.

“I am happy..Kaine is a wonderful guy and a good person” Tenmo said with a soft smile. He was happy to be married..and he wanted to do anything he could for Alise who should have had her future husband at her side. “He knee just what to say to pull me in..” He said with a small laugh.

"Honestly... not Tenmo, Kaine, Otso or Bryan... probably not even the twins or Marcus and Vince for that matter. As messed up as this is going to sound it needs to be people that are in a sense... disposable? I know how mean and cruel that sounds but I mean the people that... aren't as tight nit with the main group, whose loss will still hurt but won't be like losing Shi all over again." Xavier said feeling like a terrible person for saying what he was. No one was disposable and they would all be missed and mourned no matter what, but it was the best way to describe it. The coven had a lot of people it could sacrifice for this, but the pace was different. They wouldn't have as easy a time finding people and that made him wonder if maybe the coven should handle the hunter alone. "Listen... you can hate me for this suggestion or completely refuse to allow it but... maybe the coven should focus on the hunter? We have a lot more people who can take this sacrifice than the pack does. With other branches located in different places we could have even more." Xavier suggested.

"I'm happy for you two. You're really perfect for each other, you kind of help tone down how childish Kaine can be. Well... sometimes." She teased near the end nudging the wolf gently as she laughed softly. "Oddly enough Kaine seems to have a way with words, when he wants to." Alise admitted with a nod. Not all that surprised that Kaine had somehow known what to say to draw Tenmo in, but she knew it was more than that too. Alise also knew for the next few days at least it was going to be hard to see Tenmo with Kaine, Otso and Bryan as well Xavier and Adrian together. Knowing that she had at one point had that and it was gone, maybe someday she might find someone else, but she didn't feel like that was true.

Adrian knew Xavier was right and hated to sound like that..to dispose of other members that aren’t as close knit. Someone had to go..someone had to take the hunter on. “The wolves have claws along with their strength..Are you sure the wolves should not get involved? Having a mix might help instead of all of one species. I don’t know..I just..don’t want to lose more than we have to. I already lost Shi today..I don’t want more people to have to die at that mans hands. He is lucky I don’t lay hands on him myself..” Adrian said with a small growl

“Oh hush, he isn’t that bad” Tenmo laughed and playfully nudged her back. “I can’t say no to him ever I’ll admit that. Got me to go on a leash and wear bones in my wolf form” He shook his head with a chuckle. Shi would have made fun of him for that for sure..

"I'm sure... the coven has more numbers when pulled completely together, with newborns wandering their way to us all the time. It's a sacrifice that can be made for everyone." Xavier said even though Adrian had a point and that with their claws and strength some of the pack would be beneficial he couldn't allow them to enter this fight. They were all too close to Shi and though not all of their losses would impact the main members their loss would greatly impact the pack. He couldn't in good conscious allow that to happen, "Instead of fighting in that battle the pack can focus on a memorial, any kind of memorial for Shi."

"He can be!" Alise laughed but was glad that Tenmo wasn't minding the playful attitude or that she was picking on an absent Kaine. "Really? Bows an all?" She asked a little amused it was kind of funny but definitely adorable. "I wanna see!" She said with a smile on her face. She definitely wanted to see what Tenmo looked like all dolled up for a hunt bows and all, betting it was the cutest thing ever. "I think it's adorable that you let Kaine do that, not to mention shows how much you love him."

"I hate it when you are right...That is true" Adrian said with a quiet chuckle, knowing that he had a point. If the wolves could not take on the hunter, he wanted to give them something to do and have purpose. "Then it's settled...I am sure once Alise is up to announcing her pregnancy to more people, we can focus on the child after all is said and done. It will be a trying time for all so something positive will take everyones mind off things. The funeral..will be a sad one for sure" Adrian said with a small nod.

"Yup....bows and all' Tenmo said with a small smile. "I was trying to be tough about it and not let him but he made some...convincing points. It is hard to say no to Kaine when he wants something of me" He said with a sigh and a small laugh. "Great guy, I love everything about him"

A soft pleased purr escaped Xavier when Adrian said that he hated when he was right but agreed with him as he ducked his head down to kiss his Pup's neck. "I'm sure. She just needs time to process everything, to really come to terms with all that's happening. She's gone through a lot in the past three days and truly just needs some serious downtime." Xavier commented. The pack would have a lot to focus on with Shi's memorial and with Alise when she announced the baby. He would trust no one else to do the wolf's memorial though, knowing no one could get it better than the pack and he just hoped that everyone getting a chance to say a proper goodbye would help everyone out.

"As in he whined and complained until your heart melted and you had to give in?" Alise mused with a smirk but she didn't really mind. That or he had 'helped' Tenmo enough in other ways that had convinced Tenmo to allow it, not feeling like either was that far off of what had happened. "Kaine definitely has a way of getting what he wants, even with Xavier." She admitted with a small shrug. "That's nice to hear." Alise replied with a smile. She really was happy to hear that Tenmo loved everything about Kaine and that he was a great guy. Knowing that Kaine felt the exact same way and it made her smile knowing that they both were so in love with each other.

“I can agree with you...Getting Engaged to Shi, loving Shi, and finding out she is pregnant in such a short time is quite the mental toll” Adrian said with a small nod and a quiet purr when his neck was kissed. “I suppose it will be fine to look around for all the photos and videos I got of Shi from over the years” He said with a small nod, figuring it should be easy enough.

“He just has ways of getting me to give in..” Tenmo said with a playful sticking out of his tongue. “I’m going to check up on everyone else real quick, I’ll have the twins or Otso or someone swing by in a bit if I get caught up” Tenmo said with a smile smile and a hug, sneaking a glance at the picture. Shi looked so happy..He was smiling a genuine smile and seemed to give off such warmth even from a picture

"It is. She just needs time, anyone would." Xavier commented feeling like Alise was handling this better than anyone else probably could have handled it. "I can help you if you need it." He added, willing to help Adrian find all the photos and videos he had of Shi from over the years. Such things would definitely be important right now, and it would be great for everyone's healing.

Alise chuckled but nodded letting Tenmo leave it at that with him playfully sticking his tongue out which only made her laugh again. "Okay." She replied turning her attention to her sandwich when he told her that he was going to check up on everyone else real quick and would have the twins or Otso or possibly even someone else come by if he got caught up. It didn't bother her at all and she knew Tenmo had other things to do than be with her constantly, not expecting anyone to have that time.

"That would be nice, more so to carry them all even if I have that many. Shi was not one for pictures. So it might not take as long..I am sure he had a personal journal but I am not sure if he would have wanted the entire pack to see it. Maybe if I find one of his, I wonder if Alise would want to look through it..Maybe to have more things of his would help her?" Adrian asked, wondering if it was a good idea.

Tenmo smiled with one last hug, going into the kitchen to make himself a meal quick for himself before he was going to go see everyone else. It was hard to not talk about Shi...He missed him and Alise must miss him even more now.

Xavier thought about it for a moment, a personal journal of Shi's was something they would have to consider and not just give to Alise without thinking of the repercussions of that. "I think it would be good for her, and it'd be good for their child. We just don't want to bombard her with a bunch of his stuff at once, we don't want her to focus on the loss when she needs to be focused more on the future and this child. She'll mourn Shi at her own pace, and giving her some of his things we feel will help her here and there along the way is the best thing to do." Xavier finally said.

Returning the hug she watched him leave before she was getting more comfortable in her room, not wanting to be around a bunch of people. Her eyes fell on the picture of them that Shi had taken the night they had gotten engaged, she still loved the picture but it definitely made her miss him more. "I love you." She said softly as she looked at it before she had to turn her attention to something else. Turning her TV on she surged through channels until she found something worthy of being background noise and munched on her sandwich trying to keep her mind off of everything that had happened to her, to all of them in such a short amount of time. It was hard, and at this point she felt like it wouldn't get any easier. She just hoped that there would be something to be happy about in these coming days, even if she should be happy to be pregnant and be having their child not having Shi there made it incredibly hard to be happy about it.

"But of course" Adrian said with a nod, not wanting to overwhelm her. "Let's get on with the planning for this attack then and then try to relax if we can with anything we can think of, sleep or any number of things. It will not be good for us to stress or be sad anymore than we already are" Adrian said with a small peck to his cheek, seeing Tenmo come in shortly after. "How is she?" He asked his son. "I got her to laugh a bit but any mention of Shi or reminder of Shi made her sad fr the most part" He said with a nod.

"Well, I suppose the best way to plan it is to first figure out where he's located." Xavier said knowing they would have to know where this hunter was in order to make an attack. Not to mention drag him out, they didn't want such a thing to happen in town, it had to happen away from it where it would be easier for them to clear matters up. They were discussing this a little when Tenmo came into the room, looking over to him as Adrian asked how Alise was. "That's to be expected. But not talking about him will only make matters worse." Xavier sighed. Not talking about Shi wouldn't make anything better, so it was best that they just continued to talk about him and try to focus on the positives and keep her perked up.

“He must be located close by if...The fight happened so close to the pack home” Adrian said quietly, not wanting to think he saw him only earlier before that. How could he have known it would be the last time he saw him? Either way we need a way to lure him like you said but how? If he is getting this close to us, we need to take him down quick. Then we can focus on other more positive things” Adrian said with a small sigh

"I know, and that's an unnerving thought." Xavier said with a soft sigh. "If he would attack Shi with no warning I don't feel like luring him out will be all that hard. We just need to give him some bait and wait, I'm sure it won't take him long." He didn't think it would be all that hard to lure the hunter out if they give him some 'bait' it was just finding said bait that may pose a problem. Not thinking that he would go after just anyone, but maybe he was wrong? It may be that the hunter would go after anyone he thought would be a loss to the coven and that might work to their advantage. There was no knowing how long he had been watching them before attacking to begin with.

“If you decide on someone let me know..I am sure someone in the pack would volunteer if needed. It is obviously not based on strength if he went after Shi” Adrian said quietly, wanting this done sooner than later. “I suppose I’m going to go picture hunting..I have...a memorial service to plan..” Adrian said quietly as he turned to leave.

Xavier was sure that Adrian was right and if he needed he could get someone in the pack to act as bait, it might be a good idea but he wasn't entirely sure either. A lot could go wrong with said bait as in them hesitating too long and not getting there in time to save them, something he didn't want to think about. They'd figure it out though, his eyes moving over to Adrian who interrupted his thoughts when telling him that he was going to go picture hunting as he had a memorial service to plan. It was definitely heartbreaking but it had to be done, "I'm sure you could get a copy of the picture of the two of them if you wanted it." Xavier said softly. "If you need me just let me know." He added.

Adrian nodded, calling on Tenmo to go with him to find pictures of Shi. He didn’t want to do it alone and especially with the sanctions on travel they just agreed on. They need to lead by example and he was sure Tenmo could help him with the pictures. “Let me go Xavier..” A voice called out as Otso stepped through the door. “I want to be the bait..let me go...please” He begged Xavier.

"I don't know... Adrian and I are trying to keep those close to Shi away from this." Xavier said when a voice had broken through the room and Otso had stepped inside. Oddly enough he wasn't surprised that the wolf had apparently been listening, but he still wasn't sure having Otso as bait was a good idea. Not to mention Bryan would throw a fit if he found out what the wolf had just volunteered to do. So much could go wrong and he didn't feel that he could take the chance that something might happen to Otso, it would hurt the pack and the coven even more than they already were.

“Someone could get hurt regardless, I am small tiny and he would not think I would be the bait. Someone is going to be missed regardless of who goes so let me do this!” Otso said with a determined tone. He was sure he would not let anything happen to him and he could do this much for the safety and protection of the pack. Bryan would kick his ass later for even suggesting to volunteer for this but someone had to go. He didn’t want anyone else to have to die by the hunter and he wanted to feel useful somehow

Xavier sighed as he watched Otso who seemed so determined that he was the bait for this, but he wasn't sure he could do that to Adrian or Bryan. Knowing Otso was another son to Adrian and that his own husband would probably kill him if he let him know that Otso had not only volunteered for it but that he had allowed him to do so. "I'll consider it, Otso. I can't say yes, but I won't tell you no right now. Let me decide what vampires I'm sending and then I'll let you know." Xavier said not wanting to make this decision right now. If Otso really wanted to do this he knew he would end up allowing him to go, but he wanted to make sure he had a good group of vampires to protect him and make sure he got home okay before he could say for sure if it was going to happen.

Otso nodded, still filled with determination as he left the room to wander the house. Shi..I am going to do this for you. I won’t let anyone else suffer at the hands of a hunter. I am going to do this for you..and the bride you never got to marry. We will all be thinking of you when we do this..

After Otso had left the room he leaned back in his chair and stared up at the ceiling, this definitely wasn't going to be an easy decision to make. Grabbing some papers he started to look at the members of the coven, cross checking and making a list of those he thought would be the best for the job but were also able to be sacrificed. This choice wasn't an easy one for him to make, and multiple times he added and removed people going through at least seven drafts of twenty vampires that he knew would be able to overwhelm the hunter. With a final decision made it came time for him to let Otso know if he was going to allow him to be the bait or not, so he got up to hunt the little wolf down. Making sure he caught Otso when he wasn't around Bryan he spoke, "I'll let you be the bait, on one condition. The moment that hunter is in the open and the vampires engage him you come back here, come home." His voice and his eyes made it clear he was not joking around. He'd let Otso do this but only if he did as he was instructed and came home the moment the hunter was engaged.

Otso was in the kitchen later looking for a snack when Xavier came to find him. He expected a no, not telling Adrian what he suggested to Xavier when he was in the kitchen earlier. He looked up and heard that he would be allowed to be the bait for the hunter. He nodded firmly, knowing this role was important to taking down the man who killed Shi. “Of course..” He nodded again seriously.

Xavier was hoping that Otso would keep to the condition, "You better. Adrian and Bryan both would never forgive me if you didn't make it back." He warned. Making it clear if he got even the tiniest sign that Otso was not going to come back once the hunter had been engaged and stay out of danger then he would find someone else to be bait. Not about to be the reason behind another big loss, or a reason behind any loss really. "Just... be careful." Xavier added giving Otso a small smile before he was turning to leave the wolf to return to what he was doing.