Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

Alex was overly excited to spend time with Akita all day, and to in a sense have a date with him. It was odd, to think that they had sex multiple times but had never gone on a date, it wasn't something he normally would have done. But there was something different about Akita, and he enjoyed having him around. Everything about this relationship with Akita was different than any other type of relationship he had ever had. It was strange, but nice at the same time. When they finally reached the place where the fair had been set up -though it hadn't taken very long at all- he was quick to get out of the car and allow himself to be lead towards it. After he paid the entrance fee and bough the bracelets that would let them ride any ride as many times as they wanted he pulled Akita in the direction of one of his favorite rides. A rollercoaster, it wasn't as big as those ones you'd hear people talking about for years, but it was still good enough. "Come on. This will be fun." Alex sailed flashing a smile.

*~*~*~*~*

"About... five hours. I would have woken you up earlier but you're really cute when you're sleeping." Medive said after some thought, running a hand through the other's hair. "Apparently you really needed it, so it's probably best that I didn't wake you." His own orange eyes had slipped shut for a moment before they opened again and he shifted to sit up and slip out of bed. "Well, let's go get you some food. As promised." He had promised Sakura that they'd get him some food after he rested, but he hadn't realized that taking him into the labyrinth would have taken so much out of him that he'd end up sleeping for so long.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

"Come on. This will be fun."

Akita smiled at the enthusiastic Alex that was almost flying up his feet at the sight of the roller-coaster. "Alright" he said walking to the wait line, watching the rides of others as they started screaming from the minute the cart moved. It was funny how people could get scared so easily. The line moved quickly finally being their turn to hop on a cart. Once he got in and so did Alex, he checked one more time the belt around Alex and also the security vest that was pulled over his body. "Let's see how you people have fun in this stuff" he said as the cart started moving.

*~*~*~*~*

"About... five hours. I would have woken you up earlier but you're really cute when you're sleeping."

Sakura rolled his eyes at the comet of 'cute' which he never thought he was. But he didn't say anything else. Nor did he rejected the touch from the other. He started to get used to it.

"Well, let's go get you some food. As promised."

As he was getting out of bed and dressed, at the sound of food his stomach made a small noise which made Sakura blush a little. That was embarrassing. But he was kind of hungry. More than just a little.

As soon as he was completely dressed he messed up his hair a little to make it look a little better. "Ready"

Alex was probably more impatient waiting in line for this rollercoaster than he ever had been waiting for a ride before. That had a lot to do with the fact that now he was going to be riding one with someone he had really strong feelings for, someone he loved. When it was finally their turn and they moved towards a cart he waited for Akita to take his spot before slipping into his own. Alex was a little amused when his boyfriend was checking his safety strap and the security vest as though it was really necessary to be so thorough. "These things are safe, you don't need to worry so much. Though I have to admit I do find it cute how much you seem to care for my safety." He said teasingly flashing the other a smile. Once the ride began moving his gaze moved from the other man to the track and what lied ahead, as the ride progressed it really was a lot of fun, though he certainly enjoyed it more since he was doing it with Akita.

Once the ride was over he laughed and turned towards the vampire, "So? Did you like it?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Not really sure if such things were something that his boyfriend would enjoy or not. "You can pick the next ride. It's only fair if we take turns picking after all. Or we can do something else, play a game or something." Alex wanted to make sure that he wasn't the only one deciding what they did, but that they were doing things that they both wanted to do.

*~*~*~*~*

Medive's gaze was torn from his book that he was closing when he heard the sound of something growling, his gaze locking on Sakura as the boy blushed indicating it had been his stomach. With an amused laugh he was moving towards the door as his pet indicated he was finally ready for them to go. "Sounds like we may have waited a little too long." He mused as he lead his cute human from his room and down towards the kitchen to find him something to eat. "Are you feeling like something in particular? So far I've been letting Jonah dictate what he makes you, but surely you have different foods that you like and want." He didn't want Sakura to get tired of the food or not like something because he had no say in what was made for him, since he was behaving so much better it was only fair that he let him decide what he wanted to eat.

Once in the kitchen he leaned against the counter waiting to hear what the other wanted and to decide if he would need to call Jonah into the kitchen to assist or even make the meal. Medive didn't know if Sakura was able to cook and he didn't want to assume that he did or that he would want to make his own meals. While he was completely hopeless when it came to cooking and thus never touched the stove. He wasn't even good at following instructions written on packaging, still somehow managing to severely mess it up. As a human his cooking skills had been mediocre at best, as a vampire it was unnecessary and nothing he had ever tried to improve.

The ride was nice, but nothing compared with the jumping on roofs that he used to do from time to time when he was out hunting. Looking at the other how he enjoyed the ride and further after the ride ended, a small thought came in his mind. Maybe he could take Alex in his back and jump from roof to roof. It would be risky but it seemed that the other liked risky things. He was together with a vampire, that had to mean something.

"It was nice" he shrugged not much impressed of it. He looked around the area when he was asked where to go next and pointed to a house. "It's that a .... scary house?" he asked narrowing his eyes not sure how t he humans were calling it. "Let's got there" he added taking Alex's hand.

*~*~*~*~*

Sakura find it amused the comment regarding the eating thing, but kept quite and just fallowed the other to the kitchen. Looking around the room, he tried to find out what he could possibly eat. He could cook himself something. When Medive asked him if he wants something in particular he went directly to the fridge starting looking inside. He could make himself some noddles with small slices of chicken breast. That sounded really tasty. "I don't want something in particular but i thing i found what i want to eat" he said taking out the chicken breast turning to the counter. He looked in the drawers for noddles and found a package.

Preparing all he needed to cook his meal he started at ones. "I can cook so no worries. I will not burn the house down" he said amused by the thought. "I had to learn since mom was too sick to do it herself" he added sighing, remembering his mom. Shaking his head not wanting to think about that, he turned his attention at the cooking.

He set a pan on the fire with some water in it. He chopped the chicken breasts in small pieces putting them in another pan steering them up till they had a white color which meant they were ready. He put the noodles in the other pan, leaving them to melt. As soon as they were like jelly, he took them out and put it in the other pan along with the chicken steering them together, along with some spice. It didn't tool long till it was done and he placed the content in a plate.

"All done" he said proud of himself getting ready to eat.

By the response he received from Akita, Alex could tell the vampire wasn't very impressed with the ride. Which wasn't all that surprising, surely the older man had done and experienced for more interesting things, but it had been great to him at least. Though he was happy that Akita had humored him enough to even go on the ride with him to begin with. "Huh?" He questioned as he was drawn from his thought turning to look in the direction that Akita was glancing in, "You want to go into the Haunted House?" He asked giving the other a curious look but he easily agreed allowing his boyfriend to take his hand and lead him off towards their next destination.

As they entered the haunted house his hand gripped the others a bit tighter, he wasn't normally a fan of such things but he was willing to do this because it was with the other man. There were of course some thing that had scared him and made his heart begin to race our his breath catch in his throat. The further they went the more such scares seemed to occur until they were finally stepping out of it and back into the fresh air. They continued to take turns picking what they did together, playing games and winning prizes, stopping so that he could have a snack and they could talk and just enjoy each other's company to going on more rides.

As it started to get later Alex had one final request of his boyfriend, "Finish this great date with a ride on the ferris wheel and a kiss?" He asked with a small playful smirk crossing his face. Sure it was a cheesy thing to ask for and a bit cliche but he really wanted to end the night in this manner. After his boyfriend agreed he eagerly lead the way, and they didn't have to wait long before they were getting onto the ride settling himself down beside the other and smiling at him. "This really was a great first date." Alex mused quite happy with how today had gone. Reaching over he slipped his hand into his boyfriend's their fingers interlocking. It really had allowed him to forget about what would be happening the next day, that things would changing, and not necessarily for the better.

*~*~*~*~*

It was out of pure curiosity that Medive watched what Sakura was doing, rather intently at that. He was interested in the fact that the young man had learned to cook because his mother had been to ill to do so and thus he had needed to. Since he had no particular skill in this area he could find interest in the skill of others. .One of many reasons why he enjoyed being with Jonah when the younger vampire was making meals for whatever human he had grown fond of. Though Sakura was the only human he had actually grown fond of with even the slightest intention of possibly keeping and adding to his family in a very long time.

"If you had to learn because your mother was to sick, how long have you been cooking for?" Medive paused for a moment, "How long has she been sick for?" He didn't know why he was asking these questions. Did it really matter? Probably not. Which only made his curiosity about it even more confusing to him. He wanted to know more about his cute pet though, more about the mortal that was quickly stealing his heart. The feelings he had for Sakura had not been intentional, in fact he hadn't thought he'd ever feel so strongly for anyone much less a human.

After the young man finished eating they went about the rest of their day and the things that Medive had to do in his day to day life to keep things running smoothly both in and out of the mansion. He was currently taking his cute little pet on a walk through the garden and pointing out his favorite places in it. The moon was shinning above them when he leaned down to steal a quick kiss and flash a truly happy smile at the human. "I really did enjoy having your company today. I hope you don't mind that I was a bit selfish and kept you to myself all day." Medive enjoyed the company of the other man, and he wanted Sakura to feel the same way. It was important to him. More so than it really should be, but he couldn't bring himself to fully admit just how much he enjoyed having the other around and just how important his pet was becoming.

"Finish this great date with a ride on the ferris wheel and a kiss?"

He did as the other wished, not commenting about it. HE really wanted to make the other have a good day on the date. A beautiful experience with him. He got the chance to see the other having fun, be relaxed and joyful.

As soon they got on the ride, he pulled Alex in his arms, interlocking his fingers with the others, leaning his chin on his forehead.

"This really was a great first date."

"It really was" he said smiling looking at the little human in his arms, lowering his lips on to the others, kissing him softly.

The ride ended quickly and they were on the ground again. After they stepped out of the ride, they went to buy something to drink. His phone rang and he stopped knowing from the ringing who it was. Taking a deep breath and tightening his grip on Alex's hand he answered.

"What is it?"

*~*~*~*~*

"If you had to learn because your mother was to sick, how long have you been cooking for?" Medive paused for a moment, "How long has she been sick for?"

Sakura sighed as soon as he finished eating leaving the plate in the sink turning to face Medive, leaning on the counter lifting his eyes staring again back at the vampire. "For too long. But to put it in time, that would be around 10 or 12 years" said shrugging. "I got used to" he said taking a deep breath wanting to forget about that.

As the other took him to fallow him he did that, looking around in the garden. He liked the garden very much, and he was happy to see that the other was enjoying the view just like him. As they reached the gardens and the vampire kissed him he was dumbfolded. Looking at Medive in the moon light something twitched inside him making his body shake a little. His heart started to beat powerful but at the same pace. Not fast nor slower. The same rhythm but powerful. And all because of the vampire in front of him. what is this feeling?

"I really did enjoy having your company today. I hope you don't mind that I was a bit selfish and kept you to myself all day."

He shake his head smiling. "I kind of enjoyed it myself too" he said taking a deep breath turning his gaze back to the moon and garden. "This place is beautiful" he said it in a sigh turning towards the vampire. "Even if you say you're bad, i guess i had the chance to see some good in you aswell" he said reaching for the vampires hand. "Thank you for everything" he said in a whisper. "For not killing me right away or when i pissed you off. For taking care of my mom. And for having me here in this place" he pointed to the garden. Without any other word he kissed the vampire on his own.

The moment he was taken into Akita's arms he smiled up at his boyfriend, relaxing against his side and enjoying being close to him again. As the ride started his gaze moved out over the fairgrounds until he heard the other express that it was a good date their eyes locking as he turned to face him again. Their lips met in a kiss that he rather eagerly returned just happy to have such a nice end to what had been a great day for them. Even if it had been a bit of a rocky start considering he had slept in so late the other man had to call him into work.

The ride ended far to soon and he was a little bummed out with how quickly it was over, but it wasn't like the ferris wheel was ever a very long ride to begin with. It was always over rather quickly. As they were buying something to drink he heard the sound of a phone ringing, his hazel eyes met the other's noticing that he was pulling his phone out while tightening the grip he had on his hand. Alex gave Akita a slightly worried look not really sure what the call was pertaining too but able to tell it wasn't anything good.

Nick sighed as they were finishing up preparations knowing that he had to alert Akita of what was about to happen even if the fascination that he had with this human wasn't necessarily something that he should be condoning. But he wasn't going to worry about that right now as he was dialing the other vampire's number and watching as the group before him was getting ready to head out and attempt to regain the jewel. Hearing the familiar voice of Akita and the way he answered made him sigh again, "It's about to begin. Make sure this human of yours is ready for whatever you've decided to do with him while this is going on. I suspect they will have reached the site of the jewel within the hour, who knows how long it will take them after that point."

There was no point in beating around the bush, he had to get straight to the point as the group left and he turned to head back into the headquarters. "They will be meeting up with spies and other groups being sent from the headquarters in other countries to handle this matter as quickly as possible. The jewel will most likely be returned here upon retrieval, which as you know will only bring trouble." Entering his office he settled in his seat, "The council will be addressing everyone in the headquarters in a about twenty minutes to discuss the course of action in protecting the jewel once it is obtained. You need to be here, and be present for that."

*~*~*~*~*

Medive had wanted to argue when he had been told that she had been sick for too long, but before he had the chance to complain about that he was telling him that to put it into time it would be about ten to twelve years. That was... upsetting. It actually hurt him to think that Sakura had to grow up so fast and take care of not just himself but his mother as well. The look on his face probably showed that, but he had a hard time hiding how he felt about the other anymore. His little pet was turning out to be more important to him than he could have ever thought,

When the boy shook his head and said that he had kind of enjoyed it himself it made his own smile grow. It was pleasing to hear that his cute human hadn't minded spending the day with him, especially since he had been so sure that Sakura wouldn't have been so fond of being around him all day considering how their past conversations had gone. "Thank you." Medive replied with a soft voice, glad that the other liked the garden and found it beautiful as well. "Not all bad people or creatures are bad all the time." He murmured softly, orange eyes moving to the other once more and giving him a friendly and encouraging smile. "I am glad that you have been able to see the good in me though." When he was thanked for everything he gave his pet a confused look, not understanding it. What could Sakura possibly have to thank him for?

Not even a moment later he was telling him though, expressing that he was thanking him for not killing him immediately or for pissing him off, for taking care of his mother and for having him here. "You don't need to thank me for any of that. I enjoy having you here, even when you're a pain in my ass." He playfully teased the boy nudging him gently. "But you're welcome. I hope that you can think of my home as your home." Medive was caught by surprise when he was kissed willingly by his pet, with no encouragement from him. But he was all so pleased, a soft hum escaping him as he returned the kiss reaching up to cup the boy's cheek while his other arm wrapped around his waist to pull him closer. "I hope I make you happy." He whispered on the other's lips. That was all he wanted from the other now, to make Sakura happy and to make it so he wanted to be here with him and his family. Maybe even one day become a part of his family, for eternity.

"Understood. I'll be there" he said hanging up the phone cursing in his jaw. He thought he had more time. He wouldn't be there in time for that stupid meeting, but he had to get at the mansion.

"Their getting ready and we have to get back to the mansion. I have to be there attending a meeting" he said turning to Alex still holding him by the hand. He lifted their hands kissing Alex's side. "I have to take you to the headquarters and know you safe in my room cause if they succeed, it's going to be hell on the streets" he said looking in Alex's eyes concerned. No, he was afraid. Afraid for what will come.

"Let's go" he said heading to his car.

*~*~*~*~*

The kiss respond was breath taking. Sakura was surprised of the intensity the other kissed him and the way he touched him. It was strange but he enjoyed it. Even if in his head was still wrong, his heart was taking over it.

"I hope I make you happy."

"When you're not in your vampire asshole mode i am" he said smiling returning to his cockiness way.

Alex could see the way Akita's expression was changing as he was talking on the phone, which only concerned him more about what the call was pertaining to. He didn't have to wait long before his boyfriend was hanging up the phone and turning to him. Being told that they were getting ready and that they needed to get back to the mansion made him frown not having realized that this would be happening already. There wasn't even a chance for him to respond before Akita was expressing that he needed to get him to headquarters and into his room to know he was safe that a soft sigh escaped him.

There was no argument from him as he was lead back towards the entrance of the fair and the car. Slipping into his seat he was silent for a moment before his gaze moved towards the other. "Do you really think I would be in danger?" Alex asked wanting to understand this better. This whole thing just seemed odd to him, almost dreamlike with how unreal it felt. To think that Sakura his friend was possibly someone who would be used for good or evil as his blood would make a vampire stronger to that putting him in danger for being his friend. That in no way changed how he saw the other, Sakura was still very much his friend no matter what.

*~*~*~*~*

A soft chuckle was his response at first to his pet's words. "I'll try to keep that in mind and not be such an assignment then." Medive missed with a smile showing he didn't mind the return of the boy's cockiness. He was to cute to be bothered by it and it was his little human being honest with him which only made him appreciate it more. "Now let's get you to bed, it's getting late." He murmured softly wrapping an arm around Sakura and leading the way back towards the mansion.

Once they were inside he stayed long enough to ensure that the boy was settled in for the night. Even going so far as to have a jug of ice water placed on his nightstand with a glass just encase he got thirsty in the middle of the night. "Goodnight my little pet." Medive whispered affectionately before he turned to leave the room and allow Sakura a chance to rest.

"Do you really think I would be in danger?"

"It will not be just you. It would be many others but i'm concerned about you and no one else" he said turning the engine on and rally down the streets to reach the mansion in quick time. He had to make sure Alex was safe in his room and after to get to the meetings or direct in the lines.

Only a few minutes passed till they were parked near a big mansion away from the city. Looking at the dark mansion he got out of the car, making sure there were no newbies.

"All safe" he said opening the door for the boy. He reached his hand helping Alex to get out of the car, keeping his hand on his waist so that he would be right next to him.

He passed the big wooden doors , entering the house where there were still a few vampires wandering around. All turned their eyes to them both but more on the boy. Akita kept his hand around Alex, making sure the others would understand he was private property.

*~*~*~*~*

"Now let's get you to bed, it's getting late."

"But i'm not tired" he tried to argue but he just didn't stood a chance with the other. The vampire was too skillful in obtaining the ways his ways. There was nothing he could do about but obey. Fallowing the trace to his room, he got in bed looking at Medive's actions which surprised him again.

"Goodnight my little pet."

"Goodnight Medive" he said his name as he was yawning, closing his eyes slowly. Apparently he was pretty tired,

It was sweet really, that Akita seemed to care about his wellbeing so much. At the same time though, Alex didn't understand why this was happening, why did there have to be such a high possibility that things would go bad really quick? Not to mention being human and all he had a hard time grasping just how bad this could get, didn't the vampires feud over this 'jewel' every hundred years? So what made this so different? Or... maybe it was like this ever century and he just didn't know about it since he clearly wasn't around to see it and such things probably weren't recorded. "So... is this something that happens every century?" Alex asked trying to grasp this concept better.

When he wasn't allowed out of the car at first he got a little nervous about staying here with his boyfriend. A moment later when Akita seemed to be sure it was okay he opened his door and said all was safe, "When you say it like that it makes me feel like it normally isn't." Alex admitted a little nervously though he slipped out of the car to join the other. The hand that went to his waist and pulled him close to the vampire's side as Akita lead the way made him a little more nervous, especially when he noticed that those they passed seemed to have their attentions locked on them or more specifically him. Alex did his best to ignore that though his hazel eyes moving up to Akita. "Bringing a human here isn't something that occurs very often is it?" He asked hoping that was the reason why they were watching him so intently.

*~*~*~*~*

A soft chuckle was his response when Sakura indicated he wasn't tired, his cute pet might think so right now but Medive was sure that the other really was tired. After getting him settled into bed and saying goodnight he was pleasantly surprised when the boy returned it though he yawned his name which only made an amused smile cross his face. 'How cute.' He thought to himself watching the boy fondly for a moment as he fell asleep rather quickly after that. Giving him a light pat on the head he turned to leave the room and let him rest. He'd enjoy the boy's company more tomorrow, but he had to keep the fact that he was human and needed sleep as well as meals in mind to ensure he wasn't depriving him of anything that was a necessity.

Though in the end Medive liked to think he wasn't depriving Sakura at all, since he did seem to make the boy happy. That was half the battle after all, keeping his pet happy would surely make it so that he wanted to be here with him. Medive was happy at the prospect and for the first time since he had taken Sakura he didn't think of the boy as just a means to tip the scales of peace or to gain power. He saw him as a cute boy that could be so much more to him given time.

"So... is this something that happens every century?"

"Not quite" he said in a whisper. "Every year till now the Caramilla found the shikon and managed to keep peace, but this year they couldn't get hold of the shikon first. This time the Tzimisce got him first", he took a deep breath looking at the other vampires that were staring at them. "And that is something that will bring chaos. They are against humans and all that they represent. They think of them only as food and slaves. Nothing else. They want to bring down the balance and peace. They want vampires to be the only rulers of the world"

"Bringing a human here isn't something that occurs very often is it?"

Reaching his room he stopped looking at the boy smiling, loosing the grip on his waist, holding him by the hand. "Very good observation" he teased a little dragging the other in the room closing the door behind them. "Let's just say that the only humans that came here were those from the Council" he said placing his hands on each side of Alex face, pushing him in a deep kiss. Almost like wanting to keep remembering his scent, his taste, everything of him. "I'll get to you as quick as possible. Don't get out of the room till i'm back. You have here all you need, even food" he said pointing to a mini bar that was in the other corner of the room.

"I love you" he said kissing him one last time exiting the room to lock the other inside. Closing the room with his key he went to the east side of the mansion where the meetings were held. He found Nick outside one of the Rooms. "What's up?"

"What do the Caramilla normally do with the shikon when they get them?" Alex asked a bit curious. This all seemed strange, not to mention no matter what this human seemed to be taken by some group of vampires probably unwillingly. Though the way Akita described the Tzimisce and their outlook on humans unnerved him, and he felt a chill run down his spine. Was Sakura really with one of those vampires? Did that mean his friend was in danger? Alex truly hoped he wasn't truly hoped he was safe and that this part of what was happening was actually just a dream.

When they reached the room he felt the hand on his waist loosening, looking up at his boyfriend now that they were in Akita's room. "Oh." He murmured being told that the only humans who came here were those on the council. The hands grabbing his face made him look into the other's eyes before he was pulled into a deep kiss one he welcomed as it helped ease the tension he had felt since getting here and his troubled mind. When it broke he listened as he was told Akita would return as quickly as possible and for him not to leave the room until he was back. Glancing towards the spot Akita pointed when he indicated everything he would need was here even food he sighed but didn't respond before the other was kissing him one last time after expressing that he loved him. "I love you too." He replied softly watching Akita head for the door.

After the door shut he could hear the soft sound of the lock slipping into place and locking him inside. A little depressed at the prospect of being locked away whenever Akita wasn't around he glanced around the room he found himself in. Alex could already feel himself getting anxious again, being in a place he wasn't familiar with, around a bunch of vampires who he had no idea what they thought of his presence here and then being confined to only one room whenever alone. Now that he was thinking about it, Akita had mentioned locking him away in his room during this time before, but he had thought it was just some type of joke. He hadn't taken his boyfriend seriously because he didn't think it was necessary, apparently he should have taken it more seriously.

"You're late for one." Nick said glancing up from his clipboard as he was leaning against the wall to one side of the door. Eyes locking on Akita as he gave the man a quick once over trying to decide if he was presentable for the Council. "Did you take care of your human?" He asked as an offhanded question, wanting to make sure that at least that part of this was handled since the last thing he needed was Akita running the streets during this chaos looking for a human that would probably be dead, or captured by that point. Shaking those thoughts from his mind he reached for the door handle and opened it motioning for Akita to enter, "Their waiting for you. To give you your orders for when the jewel is returned to us."

"The human members of the Council are also present. Try not to speak out of turn." Nick commented as he waited for Akita to enter the room, closing the door behind the other vampire once he had.

"You're late for one."

"You call me too late so don't blame me" he said babbling rolling his eyes. "Plus, i can as quick as i could which it doesn't happen very often" he added looking at the big wooden doors and back at Nick. Taking a deep breath more to prepare himself to behave.

"Did you take care of your human?"

"He is locked in my room. I didn't know what else to do" he added fallowing the other in the room along with a few more.

"The human members of the Council are also present. Try not to speak out of turn."

He sense them before Nick could tell him. His eyes scanned the room checking everyone in there. There were a few vampires soldiers, probably the command ones and the Caramilla along side with the human Councils. A few questions pop in his head, some that Alex asked him. What was the Caramilla doing with the shikon all those years? Cause just like them, the Tzimisce should had tried to take him, but nothing like that happened. There were so many questions that he wanted to ask because Alex had asked them and he just didn't know how to answered them because he never asked.

"I suppose better late than never." Nick commented with a soft sigh. Akita had gotten here rather quickly for him after all so it was best to just let it go. A moment later the other vampire was commenting just that though making him roll his eyes, a slightly amused smirk crossing his face. "You did." He agreed with a slight nod before he was jotting something down on his clipboard.

As Akita told him he had locked his human away in his room he gave the other a curious look, "Well... I mean I guess that's okay. As long as you don't go letting him wander around now. The others aren't used to have humans here after all, outside when the full council is gathered." In the end he didn't really have an argument for why it wasn't a good idea for Akita to keep the human here, but he just had to make sure the other didn't go letting his human have the run of the mansion. This was after all a sanctuary for the others, and he didn't want a human wandering the halls whenever to tempt any of them.

Leading Akita into the council chambers he glanced towards him watching as the other's eyes scanned over the room taking not of all who were present. It appeared as though he had questions, something Nick was all to capable of discovering when it came to Akita since he dealt with the other vampire so often. He had learned the telltale signs of when something was on his mind and he wanted to ask something but he could tell the other was behaving himself. Not asking any of his questions because he had not been addressed and given the floor to speak.

______

Xerion glanced up from the paperwork before him, they had been speaking softly with each other, discussing a few things privately amongst themselves while they were waiting for the last vampire to arrive so they could address him and give him the information they found was necessary during this time. Watching as Nick walked in with Akita he held up a hand and the rest of the council fell silent, he wasn't really the leader, as the council was meant to make it so no one vampire was really in charge but it was still clear that he held some sort of power since the others were so quick to silence and turn their attention to the two who had just entered. "It's nice of you to finally join us, Akita." Xerion said a soft smile crossing his face trying to exude nothing but friendliness since he recalled meeting the other under other circumstances that had always ended in the other being punished for one thing or another. Granted Nick did well to try to keep him out of trouble, something he felt he didn't praise the other vampire on enough sometimes.

"I wanted to start this little meeting off by thanking you for alerting us of the Jewel's capture by a Tzimisce. Normally there isn't such a rush for the jewel, I can't recall the last time one was taken on their twentieth birthday." He mused it was clear he could find at least a little amusement in what had happened though his face was clearly serious. "Now to get down to business though. As you have surely been made aware there is currently a group out to retrieve the jewel and bring him home where he belongs. Taking such an important person from the Tzimisce isn't easy though and will surely bring backlash from the entire clan and not just the one we are stealing him from. This will surely cause an uprising."

At this point he was interrupted by one of their human members, "An uprising? Is that what you guys call it? It'll be a masacre! Your race may stand a chance but our people will be killed in the streets as though it's nothing. The world hasn't seen the danger this is going to put us in for thousands of years! Even the wars we have raged on each other will be little in comparison to the deaths that we are bound to suffer."

At this point Xerion's expression had saddened and he nodded, "You're right. It really will be, but this has to be done. You'll lose more of your kind of we do not retrieve the jewel. That we have already made clear." It was obvious there was some tension on the council tonight, the fate of many lives were resting in their hands and no matter what path they traveled down thousands or even millions of lives would be lost. There was no telling just how many humans and vampires alike would die during this troubled time. Shaking his head he turned his gaze back to Akita, "We have been informed that you've become close to a friend of the jewel. Because of this we need to make sure that you're still going to be capable of fighting alongside your brothers and sisters if it comes to that. For now, you'll just be needed around the mansion, it is extremely important our headquarters does not fall under this time. We are hoping to have the jewel returned here, where he will be much safer and where it will be easier for us to defend him."

"Well... I mean I guess that's okay. As long as you don't go letting him wander around now. The others aren't used to have humans here after all, outside when the full council is gathered."

"He is fine" he said in a low voice so that only Nick would hear him. Than he turned his attention back to the Council that was standing in front of them at some desks, whispering between them. Then his eyes stopped at one particular person that rised from his chair greeting everyone, especially him.

"It's nice of you to finally join us, Akita."

He bite his tongue not wanting to make a jerk comment, just simply nodding his head as a salute. He tried to behave but apparently some vampires where trying his temper. Which was hard to keep it calm. He never did like the guy. He was a vampire with old principles which thought that getting involved with humans would only make you weak, lose focus of your purpose. But what was our purpose after all? No one knew to answer that. Apparently ever since Alex started asking questions he started to asked himself too and noticing that he didn't had a respond to them.

"I wanted to start this little meeting off by thanking you for alerting us of the Jewel's capture by a Tzimisce. Normally there isn't such a rush for the jewel, I can't recall the last time one was taken on their twentieth birthday.""Now to get down to business though. As you have surely been made aware there is currently a group out to retrieve the jewel and bring him home where he belongs. Taking such an important person from the Tzimisce isn't easy though and will surely bring backlash from the entire clan and not just the one we are stealing him from. This will surely cause an uprising."

Still wonder how you still have your head on your shoulders, he thought taking a deep breath not liking that Xerion was the one talking and not Zenox which was more understandable.He would had try to calm the masses and warn the people , finding a way to keep as many people as possible. Xerion on the other hand, he didn't cared that much for the human race. Those who felt on battlefield or got killed by uncontrolled vampires were named as collateral damage.

"An uprising? Is that what you guys call it? It'll be a masacre! Your race may stand a chance but our people will be killed in the streets as though it's nothing. The world hasn't seen the danger this is going to put us in for thousands of years! Even the wars we have raged on each other will be little in comparison to the deaths that we are bound to suffer."

He couldn't agree more with the human who spoke. They were right. They wouldn't stand a chance in front of the Tzimisce. Not with the rage they will have if the mission succeeded. He looked at Nick knowing he knew already what he was thinking of than lowering his eyes on the ground trying to keep the words inside his mouth and not pop them out.

"You're right. It really will be, but this has to be done. You'll lose more of your kind of we do not retrieve the jewel. That we have already made clear."

possibly but .... why wouldn't you try to keep them safe ... damn it , he cursed biting his lower lip to shut himself up. He so wanted to scream at Xerion but he knew that if he would, than the others might find him disobedient again.

"We have been informed that you've become close to a friend of the jewel. Because of this we need to make sure that you're still going to be capable of fighting alongside your brothers and sisters if it comes to that. For now, you'll just be needed around the mansion, it is extremely important our headquarters does not fall under this time. We are hoping to have the jewel returned here, where he will be much safer and where it will be easier for us to defend him."

At that moment he could held his mouth shut. "I am more than capable to fight" he snirred looking at Xerion with disgust. He just couldn't liked the guy. "I do have one question though. How are you planning to swipe the shikon from the Tzimisce headquarters? And how would you protect it against them? Cause the way i see it, the only way to stop this war between vampires would be the only solution ever possible to everything. Death" he said narrowing his eyes hopping that that wasn't the plan. He really hopped that they weren't going to take the shikon only to kill him to calm the Tzimisce. Cause that would be insane.

Nick spared a glance towards Akita as the council members spoke noticing the look in his eyes and so clearly written on his face. The other had something he wanted to say rather desperately and was having a hard time bitting it back. It wasn't hard for him to figure out what, after getting close to his little human he was probably even less of a fan of Xerion than he had been previously. Which wasn't really a good thing, but it wasn't like they all didn't have at least once council member they weren't particularly fans of. His gaze returned to the others though when Xerion began speaking again, addressing what the human member had said and seeming to disregard it in a manner of speaking by waving his hand dismissively and saying that it had to be done and they had already made clear how much worse it would be if they did not do this.

Even to Nick that seemed a little harshly put, the humans were important to their own existence after all, and even the lives of those they took and fed from could be considered precious in a manner. He pushed those thoughts aside though, he was here only because he was supposed to know the orders given to his charges and since he was in charge of keeping Akita out of trouble he had to know what was assigned to him.

______

Xerion wasn't really interested in being told how the humans would be murdered in the streets as though they were little more than bugs under a shoe. He was more than aware of that, but human's to him were far less important than his own people even though he was a member of the Caramilla and the council his views on the human race were different. They needed the different views though to keep the council as neutral as possible so inputs from every angle and make sure their decisions were for the greater good.

It wasn't until Akita himself spoke that his attention was drawn from his other councilmen and towards the other vampire once more. "Of course you are." Xerion responded in a manner indicating he wasn't quite a fan of the other vampire either, and he received glances from his fellow vampires before their gazes too returned to Akita when they were asked how they were planning to swipe the shikon from the Tzimisce. "Clearly they keep their own headquarters well guarded, what with their little 'family' groups and who knows how many of those abominations they have on and around their property." Xerion started disgust once more making it clear in his voice as he couldn't understand why any vampire would create such monstrosities and keep them around or be fond of them.

He had been about to speak again when a different member of the council spoke up, she too was a vampire and rarely ever spoke at all but clearly she felt the need to speak up now. "The first task of the retrieval party is to clear as pathway through those creatures to ensure the jewel can be removed in a safe manner. They are after all... extremely unfriendly to humans and the smell of one would surely set the whole group to try to hunt it if any become aware of our movements." Her voice was soft, and had a bit of a bell like tone to it when she spoke. Her eyes moved to Xerion who she had decided wasn't the right vampire to handle this meeting as she had become increasingly aware of the two vampire's dislike for each other.

"The hardest part isn't the creatures though, it's getting the jewel from the building. Surely the Tzimisce with him won't leave him somewhere easy for us to grab him. We know the particular Tzimisce that has him is a rather strong one, but he also has a rather small childer base that lives with him on the property. While the vampire leaves during the nighttime hours to attend to some unclear matters only the childer remain on the property with the jewel. This is when we are going to strike. Any childer that gets in the way will be swiftly dealt with and the jewel will be retrieved and removed before the Tzimisce returns to make this operation as quick as possible and the most successful." Nera sighed softly when she then got to how they were going to protect it against them. At this point her gaze moved to Xerion and Zenox knowing that this wasn't going to be a part that the other may like.

Though surprise was clearly on her face when he indicated that the only way he saw of stopping this war between the vampires would be the only solution ever possible with everything and that was death. "We certainly have no intention of killing the Shikon Jewel. We'll need him in order to restore order and get the Tzimisce under control again." She indicated though Xerion was clearing his throat indicating he had heard enough on her part.

"The jewel will be returned here to our headquarters where he'll be placed in a secure location and guarded." Turning his gaze to Nera and then Zenox he also took the chance to allow his gaze to meet with the human members of the council, "One vampire not of the council will be selected as 'keeper' in a sense. They'll be the one feeding from the jewel to restore order. It will still take time, and the war will not be able to be kept at bay during this period. But this Keeper will be able to restore order after a few feedings."

"It's a process. One that can't be rushed we're afraid." Nera chimned in her gaze on the other council members as well before they all looked to Akita. "The Keeper hasn't been chosen yet, we're... having a hard time coming to an agreement on who in mind and body is strong enough to handle the power the Shikon will give them. Someone we know is loyal to the council and its purpose to keep order."

At this the human members of the council began whispering among themselves, clearly uneasy about this whole thing and knowing that they truly had no way of knowing which vampire was loyal and strong enough though that didn't mean they didn't get to vote on the matter. Nera glanced towards them with a soft sigh, there was clearly much pressure and tension in the council with the stress of the jewel having been taken from them and this war even being a possibility. How could they have been so careless to allow this to happen?

Akita almost wanted to jump at Xerion's neck and turn it backwards. He hated the guy more than anything. Maybe they were right to judge his feelings towards this mission, or the fact that he probably would chase after Alex to protect him than the shikon itself. But the way Xerion lightly talked about the collateral victims, humans and vampires, was making him sick. Lucky for them Nera, a commander in charge, started to answer his questions, forcing him to turn his attention to her and not to the bastard on the other end of the table.

He listen carefully what she was saying, processing every information he agreed. The problem wasn't how they would get in but how they would get the shikon out. Cause once they try that, hell would be unleashed. He was but surprised when she said they wouldn't kill him.

"We certainly have no intention of killing the Shikon Jewel. We'll need him in order to restore order and get the Tzimisce under control again."

but that would make this place a target and the Tzimisce, actually Medive, will not stop from getting what was his back, he thought spacing out from that speech.

"The jewel will be returned here to our headquarters where he'll be placed in a secure location and guarded.""One vampire not of the council will be selected as 'keeper' in a sense. They'll be the one feeding from the jewel to restore order. It will still take time, and the war will not be able to be kept at bay during this period. But this Keeper will be able to restore order after a few feedings."

are you fucking me? Akita was amazed by the relaxed speech the other continued to say, explaining what will be done here after they get the shikon. But that was crazy. no one is crazy enough to accept something like this, he thought looking around in the room at all the vampires gathered there. Vampires that started to talk between them, curious of who it would be. feeding from the shikon would need time and humans don't have time ... shit ... maybe we don't have either. The Tzimisce are crazy bastards for crying out loud. They should know better, he thought lifting his gaze back to Xerion starting to be pissed of.

"It's a process. One that can't be rushed we're afraid."

Bullshit! he thought turning his hands into fists taking deep breaths to calm himself. Xerion was willing to sacrifice not just humans but also vampires. Yes they were strong, but not strong enough to keep the Tzimisce away for to long. That crazy ass mother fucker ... what are you trying to do? he thought keeping his eyes in Xerion , than moving away, fallowing the others gaze back to Zenox being a little confused. Zenox was the main lider, the oldest vampire, the father of vampires. why do you look at him? he tried to figure it out and finally it hit him. You little son of a bitch .... you're hopping that Zenox would be a collateral victim so that you would take his place, he took a deep breath trying keep his calm and not be noticed.

Xerion's eyes were on Nera as she spoke answering Akita's questions and indicating that they would not kill the jewel. He for one had voted for the jewel's death advocating that with the jewel out of the way the Tzimisce would surely fall back into place and they could restore order again until the next jewel was born and came of age. But his fellow members of the council had not all seen it that way, in the end it had been Zenox's vote would be the final say and of course the older vampire would vote to save the jewel's life expressing that it's life was far too important to simply hope that death would be the answer. His eyes were still on the ancient vampire even after Nera had finished speaking not realizing he had Akita's attention or that the other may get what was hiding behind his cold gaze.

Suddenly he heard the ancient vampire's voice ring out his voice was steady and strong despite his age. "We must tread cautiously. There is no telling if the Tzimisce that has taken the jewel has begun the process of feeding from him and by such started to gain the strength and power that comes with the jewel's enriched blood. For if the Tzimisce has begun to feed from the jewel there is no telling what he is capable of, what devastation may truly be waiting for us."

The gravity of the situation seemed to suddenly hit every council member, silence once more falling over them as they all exchanged glances though Zenox was still watching Akita. His gaze, unlike Xerion's was soft and gentle, he cared deeply for all of his vampire's and he had a caring soul towards the humans as well. Which was why he fought for them, he did what he could to hold the balance, keeping the peace and ensuring both sides were safe. He did his best, and even as he grew older he continued to fight for them, even when some of his council members seemed to forget why the council existed or lose sight of what was truly important.

Xerion still wasn't fully happy even with that statement though it was Nera who was speaking her concern seemed to mirror that of the human members. "But surely even if he has started to feed from the jewel he wouldn't be strong enough to wage a war by himself would he? He hasn't had the Shikon Jewel long enough..." It was clear though that she wasn't sure if that was true or not. The time it took for a vampire to gain strength from feeding from the Jewel all depended on the vampire themselves. Some could gain it sooner than others, and that was a worrying concept.

So of course it was Xerion who spoke to add a bit more negativity to this topic. "He could have. It depends mostly on how often he feeds from the jewel. Even though the Tzimisce has only had the jewel for a total of four days if he is feeding from him rather often, let's say more than once a day it is highly possible that he would experience the strength and power of the jewel quicker than a normal Keeper would."

At this point Zenox was speaking again his voice commanding silence from his fellow council members, "Enough you two. Regardless of if he has started to feed from the jewel or not, extreme caution must be taken." At this point his gaze landed on Akita again, "I assure you we will do everything in the council's power to keep casualties as low as possible and restore order." Unlike the other two it was clear that Zenox was trying to maintain order and keep the peace. But it was not easy to do when his two fell vampire council members were constantly bickering and fighting amongst themselves leaving him to always settled things once and for all.

Xerion was more interested in the leadership role than anything, if he could just get Zenox out of the picture he could finally rule. He had been waiting centuries for his turn to lead the clan, but the ancient vampire was as strong and alive as ever. Even for vampires Xerion felt as though Zenox was around for far to long. It was time to step down and let a younger vampire lead the clans, but no one would ever press for that. Not when the all admired Zenox so much and everything he had been able to accomplish. That only frustrated Xerion more, but he was pleased that his intentions remained hidden from any of the other members. No one would think that he may be plotting ways to get Zenox out of the way for good.

"We must tread cautiously. There is no telling if the Tzimisce that has taken the jewel has begun the process of feeding from him and by such started to gain the strength and power that comes with the jewel's enriched blood. For if the Tzimisce has begun to feed from the jewel there is no telling what he is capable of, what devastation may truly be waiting for us."

Zenox voice broke through the room, making everyone paying attention. They all had a deep respect for the man. Even if he was the oldest vampire there, he didn't looked older than 45 years. He was keeping himself good. He wasn't a soldier anymore but he had the firm voice to make everyone sand still and quite in front of him when needed.

Among the rest of the council members he was the best. He always focused on the balance between humans and vampires, cared for the human kind even if they were food for us. He always tried to pick up unnecessary humans for the feeding. Humans that had no families, that had no one to morn for them if they would disappear. He would treat them, make them healthy and than feed them. He also opened a center for blood donation in which humans will come volunteer to donate blood. Of course they wouldn't know for what it was donated but still. He camouflaged everything and kept the balance. but that guy ... is to much ..., he thought looking back at Xerion with disgust. that has to be it ... otherwise i don't get it why he acts like this ... everyone else from the vampire council , like Nera, is hopping for the best and less death on both parts but he ... he is different ... he wishes for more death ... he wants war to start .... but ... as long as Zenox is around that won't happen unless .... , Akita almost stopped breathing realizing it. That wouldn't affect him or something but, he stopped trying to keep a poker face on not wanting anyone to question him. Keeping his eyes away from the council arguments he looked around him, noticing how the vampires started questioning everything that was about to happen and what was about to come.

"He could have. It depends mostly on how often he feeds from the jewel. Even though the Tzimisce has only had the jewel for a total of four days if he is feeding from him rather often, let's say more than once a day it is highly possible that he would experience the strength and power of the jewel quicker than a normal Keeper would."

Akita lifted his gaze when he heard Xerion speak. It only made him more positive of what he manage to conclude. Xerion wants to rule over vampires, over the council , over everything but he cannot do that as long as Zenox is in charge. Starting a war could be dangerous if everyone is on the field and no one here to guard the house, to guard Zenox who would stay here till the shikon is brought back, he was looking from Xerion to Zenox and back realizing what danger was lying in the house but no one knew about it. he wants to kill Zenox and take his place, he concluded breathing again.

His mind was thinking to fast giving him a head eke.

"I assure you we will do everything in the council's power to keep casualties as low as possible and restore order."

Closing his eyes for a brief second before Zenox spoke again and he looked back up only too see that the vampire was looking back at him. Seeing the way he looked at him made his body tremble. Not in fear, not in pain, but because he felt himself useless. Useless for not being able to save him, or to do something about it. What could he do? He was the problematic one, everyone knew he was crazy. They could all think that he was making everything up and no one would believe him. It was his word against the other vampire. He couldn't say anything. He was looking at Zenox hopeless.

"Alright guys ... I think that the meeting is for the moment over" said a female voice from Zenox right, standing up trying to calm the masses. "I think it would be better to go in the dungeons, feed in order to be as strong as possible and meet back in the front yard along with the rest so that the mission can start. We don't have much time to waste and every second is important" she added looking at the crowd and the council members. All eyes turned to her. She was the commander of the Vampires that were trained as soldiers. She was Alice, the bad ass vampire women Akita ever saw.

Everyone listen to her, leaving the room and heading to the dungeons chambers to fill up their strength and energy. Akita looked for a few more minutes at the council members than he left, passing Nick that was staring at him ever since the meeting started. "You should stop staring or your eyes might pop out" he said as he passed him down the hall.

Xerion only became slightly aware that he seemed to have Akita's attention, his cold and rather uncaring gaze landed on the other vampire as Zenox and Nera spoke. At least until it was his turn to chime in once more. It seemed as if they were going to get nowhere with this when Alice spoke, what she said got agreeable murmurs from everyone including him. He was all of allowing this meeting to be over for the moment and go get a meal and recharge for a moment before meeting up with the rest again and getting this mission going. That and it allowed him a chance to regroup himself, and get out of Akita's eye. He wasn't sure why the vampire was watching him that intently, but he knew he'd have to make it plain and clear to him that getting in his way or meddling in thing that he didn't belong in would only put him in a dangerous spot.

Getting up he left the council room with the other members through a different door in the back of the room that made it rather easy for them to come and go without having to go through the main halls and deal with the other vampires that resided in the headquarters and may feel the need to stop them to discuss a few things.

______

Nick spared Akita a glance when the other passed him in the hall telling him he should stop staring or his eyes might pop out. At first his only response was to roll his eyes but he quickly moved to follow after Akita, "I wouldn't be staring so hard if it wasn't for the fact that I could tell something was clearly on your mind." He had to figure out what it was, it wasn't very often that such an intensity could be seen in the other vampire's eyes especially during a council meeting when he would normally be focused on anything but what was actually be said or any of the council members for that matter. With that thought in mind he realized the other vampire had done extremely well in this meeting, keeping his mouth shut and just listening to what was being said until he was given the floor and then asking his questions.

"What were you thinking so hard about? It had to have been something important for it to grasp your attention in such a manner." Having worked with Akita so much Nick was probably the best person to be able to read the other vampire. Able to see when he was in deep thought, or if there were feelings hiding beneath the surface, and both of those signs had been present in the meeting. But he had been to focused on Akita to be able to come to realize which council member if any of the in particular was the reason for the response.

"I wouldn't be staring so hard if it wasn't for the fact that I could tell something was clearly on your mind."

Akita stopped when Nick spoke to him, not understanding how Nick didn't thought that something was off with that meeting. "Am i the only one that payed attention to that stupid meeting?" he asked turning to face Nick, trying to keep his voice down.

"What were you thinking so hard about? It had to have been something important for it to grasp your attention in such a manner."

He took a deep breath not believing that Nick didn't payed attention to anything but him. "Glad that i am that interesting so that you keep an eye on me but ..." he closed his eyes trying to think how he could tell the other what he thought without being ridiculed or worst , accused of something. "I guess i was really the only one getting a hint of what was actually happening" he said more to himself lifting his gaze back to Nick.

"Look man , something is not right. I mean, everything that Xerion said was that he will sacrifice as many humans as possible in order to keep the shikon here. Not caring for the collateral damage. But in that there will be also vampires. We are not strong enough to wait for a Keeper to gain strength from the shikon. And who would it be? Xerion itself?" he massaged his forehead feeling his head explode. "And how can he send everyone away from the mansion leaving only me and Zenox back if he doesn't want something else?" he asked trying and hoping the other would understand where he was going.

"Nick .... Xerion whats the leadership and he would stop at nothing to do so. Call me crazy but that is what i got from that meeting" he added sighing heavily hopping that his friend would believe him and not think him crazy as all were. "If you still don't believe me, stay with me behind and a few others without anyone knowing it and guard thins damn house" he added.

Nick was about to ask what Akita meant when he was asked if the other had been the only one who had paid attention to the meeting. Of course he wasn't! He had paid attention to what was being said, even if his gaze had been only for Akita trying to figure him out and what was going through his head. "What do you mean a hint of what was actually happening?" He asked not getting it in the slightest. It was clear what was happening and the council had clearly spoken of it, how the jewel would be captured and stored within the house and that a chosen few would stay behind to guard the house while a Keeper gained strength from the jewel. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the plan to him, as he had heard it spoken many times already and just found it to be just that, the plan.

"We all know Xerion isn't the most human friendly member of the council. He is not against them so completely he wants to see them all doomed like the Tzimisce but he is definitely not an advocate for them as well. And honestly... who cares if they take the biggest hit in this whole thing? They die so easily it is bound to happen. I don't see why you are so concerned about collateral damage. Vampires and Human alike will perish during the time the Keeper is gaining their strength, not to mention it isn't like the Keeper will be able to restore the balance and give peace immediately there will still be a fight that needs to be won." Nick replied not getting why what Xerion had said would gain Akita's attention in such a manner.

Nick came to an outright full stop and stared at Akita shocked when he made the accusation that Xerion wanted the leadership position and would stop at nothing to gain it. "That's absurd, Akita. Everyone knows that he won't gain his rightful place at the head of the council until Zenox is unfit to hold the position. He knows his place." The last thing he wanted to believe was that there was a conspiracy within the council that put their leader in harms way. Clearly something was up though when the other vampire told him that if he still did not believe him that he and a few other vampires should stay behind, against orders to protect the houe with him.

That made Nick bite his lip as he glanced away wondering if that was the right thing to do. "If I do stay behind and keep a group with me there is a chance that it could completely alter the fight out there in the city in a bad way. It would leave our forces stretched even thinner and that leaves a chance to lose even more vampires. But... if there is even the slightest chance that you are right and that harm may be heading Zenox's way then I must be here with a group to protect him." It was basically him thinking out loud while agreeing to have a group remain behind with him and Akita to ensure the safety of their lead. "You better be right, Akita. To even suggest I break orders and do this. Not to mention actually acuse one of our own of treason." He hoped he had made the severity of such an accusation clear in his tone when he spoke and the consequences he wouldn't be able to save him from if he turned out to be wrong.

"I don't know what to think anymore ok?" he said starting to walk on the hall. Maybe he was really that crazy thinking about that but his gut told him that all he said was true and he had to paid attention. Either way, he didn't trust Xerion one bit and the fact that Nick was so convinced the opposite that he didn't know if all was a make up of his mind or not.

"I don't like the guy and something is off about him" he added turning to face Nick, sighing deeply. "Anyways ... I'm going back to my room. Go get feed and we talk later" he said offering the other a smile that said 'don't worry i will behave and will not make anything stupid'.

Reaching his dorm he unlocked the door and lock it again after he entered it. He needed to see Alex. He felt so exhausted that just by seeing the other would make him feel better. "Getting bored without me?" he asked putting up a cocky smile.

"You don't like plenty of people, Akita. That doesn't mean they are plotting the death of our leader." Nick replied not sure what to believe. Personally not seeing any such conspiracy made it hard for him to grasp why Akita would make such a severe accusation. Especially on just a hunch as it appeared the other vampire truly had no proof of that this was actually the case.

Being told the other one didn't like the guy and something was off about him made him sigh. "What do you think is off about him?" Nick just didn't understand, couldn't understand what Akita thought was off about the council member. Even if they all knew that if Zenox did happen to die or just couldn't continue with his duties that Xerion would take over. But none of them saw a problem with that.

*~*~*~*~*

Alex had grown quite bored being in the room alone, he had considered looking over the things in the room but didn't want to intrude by getting into something that Akita may not want him to see. So he had instead just been lying around or aimlessly pacing in the room trying to pass time while waiting for his boyfriend to come back and keep him company. He had sprawled himself out over a part of the floor having since grown bored of lounging anywhere and practically everywhere else his eyes going to the door when he heard the sound of the lock clicking indicating the door had been unlocked. The moment he saw Akita step in he perked up sitting up quickly and smiling happily to see the vampire again.

Not even caring that Akita locked the door again locking them inside once more, since the other was still here. "Extremely." Alex admitted when he was asked if he was getting bored without him. "I don't want to intrude by looking through your stuff and possibly seeing something you might not want me too... so I just kind of lounged around your room the whole time." He added as he got up off the floor and moved over to the other wrapping his arms securely around the vampire's waist and leaning up for a kiss. "I'm definitely glad you're back though."