Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

"What makes you think they'd do that?" Alex asked when Akita said that they were the only ones who can keep them safe. That might be true, but what made the other even think that they would. He just sighed when his boyfriend indicated they were almost there, allowing himself to be led forward and towards the waterfall. At this point he was definitely a bit on the clumsy side but at least he had some support from Akita even if he still wasn't very happy with him at the moment. He knew in the end the vampire was doing what he thought was best for him, and though Alex didn't like it, he had to accept it.

Medive moved quickly towards his closest home, he wasn't really happy he'd be forced to make the place work right now but he knew he couldn't take Sakura back to the old mansion. It wasn't safe for him there anymore. The further they traveled the more intuned he became to the little human's breathing and heart, both were weak and made him worried but he knew that it wasn't too late. Had he arrived any later it probably would have been, but for now at least that wasn't a concern.

What surprised him and caught him off guard was upon entering the secret passage to the new place and running into Akita, who was more than annoying to him. Yet the other also had a human in tow, making him look between the two. "Akita... what the hell do you want?" It was clear by his tone and the way he brushed past him that he wasn't in the mood to deal with the vampire. "I'm a bit busy." He added over his shoulder motioning for Jonah to take the human from him and go on ahead. Shifting Sakura into Jonah's arms he turned to face the other and crossed his arms over his chest. Though his orange gaze moved to the human he had in tow, realizing he was the human from the night he had originally taken Sakura, the spare.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

Akita heard noises from the forest and just as they reached the waterfall he saw and heard Medive who was carrying something in his arms. He took a deep breath of relief to notice that it was the shikon that was in his arms. "You got him" he whispered to himself sighing, glad that Medive got in time there.

"Medive, i don't want any trouble with you or anything. I know we are not great pales and all but ... i need your help. If you let us in i can explain everything better. Please" he said taking a better hold of Alex's hand as he was waiting for Medive to speak.

"Not great pals?" Medive repeated in a disbelieving tone, "You absolutely irritate me." He had continued after a short pause. Hearing Akita say he needed his help made him wonder what the vampire was up too, but what made him even more suspicious of him was the comment that if he let them in. Indicating that Akita expected him not to just let him in but the human too. "Do you really think I'm going to take you and a human into my home? Do you even know the repairs my main home is now facing thanks to your fucking people?" He growled irritated and not wanting to deal with him or this situation right now. Medive was concerned for Sakura, and his pet needed his attention right now, not Akita.

Taking in a breath he looked between the two again, seeing the tight way Akita was holding onto the human's hand. "Fine. But you aren't moving in. It's just for a little while." With that he motioned for the two to follow him as he continued down the path, his creatures had disappeared into the woods upon Medive entering this path returning to their normal duties of protecting the surrounding area. If he had sent Akita and the human back out the human would have surely perished, and Akita may have as well. Those were both extremely tempting thoughts, and a rather devilish smirk was appearing on his face. Well, he'd get to see what will happen in a few days, when he sends them both out.

"Not great pals?""You absolutely irritate me."

Akita didn't comment on that remark as the other was right. He did do that more often than he liked but he was getting sometimes bored and that was the only thing to make him have a little fun. But that was back then. Now was a more serious situation.

"Do you really think I'm going to take you and a human into my home? Do you even know the repairs my main home is now facing thanks to your fucking people?"

"I know the time sucks but we need a little help. Ple..."

"Fine. But you aren't moving in. It's just for a little while."

Akita sigh in reliefe dragging Alex after him through the cave and in the mansion that was behind it.

"Alex can help you with the shikon. He can tender his wounds without being tempted to the blood" he said the most rational thing he ever thought of. And he was right. Everyone else would be tempted to drink from the boy. And Alex was human. So it was perfect.

"And in the mean time we can talk ... in private" he added keeping his eyes on Medive. "I will tell you everything i know , what happened and why we here"

Alex was almost sure for a moment that they were going to be turned away, so he was quite surprised when this other vampire suddenly said that he'd let them in but it was only for a little while. As this vampire -Medive- lead them forward he was once more being dragged along after Akita and into a large mansion that he didn't even think was capable of being in such a place. 'That's probably the point though... it's extremely well hidden.' Alex thought as he looked around them, still letting the fact that Akita was dragging him along be his completely guide while he focused on other things.

Suddenly his boyfriend was saying that he could help with the shikon, telling Medive that he wouldn't be tempted by Sakura's blood and thus would be able to tend to his wounds. He didn't understand why his boyfriend seemed so eager to be away from him suddenly but didn't comment since it meant he'd be close to Sakura, he would be able to make sure he was okay and help him get better.

Medive had come to a stop in front of the grand staircase of his mansion looking at Akita when he offered up his human to tend to his pet's wounds as he wouldn't be tempted by his blood. "I suppose he wouldn't." Medive replied in a tone stating he didn't care for the human's presence and would be happier without. Shipping him up to tend to Sakura would at least mean he was out of his sight, a win he supposed. "I guess... it wouldn't hurt." There was clear hesitation in letting anyone near his pet. His orange eyes locked on the human and narrowed clearly staring him down, "Don't try anything funny with my pet, unless you want to leave this place in tiny pieces." It was a promise, and his voice made that clear. "Jonah will show you where the medical supplies are and take you up to my pet's room." With that he motioned the human to leave as Jonah had reappeared and made a motion for the other to follow him so he could do as Medive had instructed.

Once the two were out of sight he turned to Akita, "How is it you're always such a burden to me?" He asked as he lead him towards his study so they could speak privately. "Every time we meet you are either driving me even more insane than or because you're having some problem." It was true though, this wasn't the first time during their lifetimes that Akita had come to him because of a problem he was facing. He knew he should have just kept the vampire instead of always letting him leave, but he got on his nerves so easily that he could barely stand more than a few minutes in his presence.

Akita nodded at Alex pointing to fallow the other vampire. He knew that Jonah wasnt going to do anything and knowing that Alex was busy with healing Sakura was a peaceful thought.

Now he fallowed Medive to one of his studies closing the door behind him. "Look i know i am most of the time a pain in the ars but this time is serious. Zion is dead. Xerion killed him and now he is controling everyone. He framed me to touch Zions body after he injured him deadly so that i have blood on my hands and make me the murderer" he said takung deeo breath hatting the fact that he was so stupid to fall in that trap.

"I was stupid, i know. Sadly i was the only one who thought Xerion was odd at the merting and after i went to Zion only to find him there. I tried to get Zion out but it was too late. The next second he ... he cut him open from behind and ... there was lot of blood ... i paniked .... why could i do? .. i wanted to stop the bleeding but ... it was too much", he said walking back and forth like a crazy person. "Now Xerion rules the clan and he is crazier than you are" he added looking at Medive.

"I am asking you of shelter and why not, an alliance to get Xerion. I know you and Zion didnt worked out but i dont want to let him rule" he took a deep breath.

"I know you dont like humans and so on but ... there Hs to be semething that we can do to get rid of him" he scratched his head starting to feel angry and fustrated.

Alex had naturally looked up to Akita when he was told to follow the vampire, when he did so he just received a nod from his boyfriend followed by him pointing after Jonah. Hesitantly he moved to follow after this vampire, letting himself be led upstairs and down the halls. Though he should be happy that he was going to see Sakura and could make sure he was okay, he still couldn't quite understand the way Akita was currently behaving. Why couldn't he stay with them and this vampire take care of Sakura? That was probably a bad thought as it was but... he wanted to know what they were discussing. Sighing softly he gathered the supplies he needed from the medical supply closet then let himself be led from that room to Sakura's.

Upon arrival his first thought was that his friend was oddly pale, but he knew it was from a lack of blood. It made him grateful that he was not this jewel thing. Sure Akita fed from him, but he never took too much from him either and he didn't even really feed from him that often or for very long. It made him curious about Sakura and this other vampire, Medive. What was going on between them? Was this vampire just using his friend for the power his blood apparently held? Alex didn't know, but he was slightly concerned.

"That's an understatement, Akita. Zion and I couldn't possibly be more different, and I can't say I am sad to hear of his death." Medive replied as he settled behind his desk, his orange gaze taking in the blood covered vampire. It was the first time he had really taken notice of the other, and he was very clearly shaken up from what had happened. "Why should I help you take out Xerion? He may be crazier than I am, but I also see more eye to eye with him than anyone else who may end up in that position. Give the vampire a try, Akita. He could be good for you." Of course as Medive was saying this he knew that Akita wouldn't agree and would argue that Xerion was nothing but bad and wouldn't bring any sort of good out of it. For anyone.

Medive could see the anger and frustration that was appearing on Akita's face and he sighed. "By giving you shelter I suppose that means your human too?" He questioned though he already knew the answer. "I'm not going to decide on anything with Xerion tonight, Akita. I need to make sure my pet is sound and on the mend before I jump into anything. But... I'll consider it. We can meet about it again tomorrow afternoon, but we all need a good rest. Today's been quite eventful for everyone. You should go get cleaned up, there should still be clothes for you in the room you last occupied."

"That's an understatement, Akita. Zion and I couldn't possibly be more different, and I can't say I am sad to hear of his death."

"I know you had your conflicts and all but you were working together. Leaving out the fact that you too wanted and i know you still want to rule the clans. But you cannot let Xerion do that" he said leaning on the desk looking at Medive with narrowed eyes.

"Why should I help you take out Xerion? He may be crazier than I am, but I also see more eye to eye with him than anyone else who may end up in that position. Give the vampire a try, Akita. He could be good for you."

"He's no good for me. The man is crazy. I just told you that he framed me with Zions murder and you say he is good for me? What the hell did you drink Medive?" he snapped stepping away from the desk trying to calm himself. Being angry and all wasn't good at that moment.

By giving you shelter I suppose that means your human too?" "I'm not going to decide on anything with Xerion tonight, Akita. I need to make sure my pet is sound and on the mend before I jump into anything. But... I'll consider it. We can meet about it again tomorrow afternoon, but we all need a good rest. Today's been quite eventful for everyone. You should go get cleaned up, there should still be clothes for you in the room you last occupied."

"God you're so stubborn. Fine." he mumbled turning and heading out from the chamber and towards his room. He knew that Medive was kind of on the same page with Xerion, but that old man was crazier. At least Medive had a little reason in him.

Alex had settled himself gently on the bed beside Sakura's still form, not wanting to disturb him or hurt him. Not really knowing how much pain he was in or if he was even aware of his presence. Glancing towards Jonah he asked the vampire if he could get him a bowl of warm soapy water and a soft cloth. For a moment he watched him able to tell the vampire didn't want to do it, but he had a feeling it was just because he was a human and asking for it. For a moment they stared at each other, then Jonah left to get what he had asked for. Once he returned Alex took the bowl and cloth, dipping the cloth in and wringing it out a little so it wouldn't drip everywhere before he started to wash his friend up. His skin was covered in sweat and blood, his friend definitely needed to be cleaned before he could focus on his bites.

It didn't take him to long to do that before he was finished and was able to start on his wounds now, taking the supplies he had grabbed he started with cleaning the wounds out. After he finished cleaning each individual bite he was wrapping it up so it wouldn't get infected and so Sakura would have the best chance of survival. The fact that he was still alive was certainly a miracle, but it didn't make him feel any better that Akita wouldn't go back for him. Even if Medive had managed to save him, clearly he was alive, they could have saved him too. Alex would get over it, he knew he would, but he still felt bad. Even if he knew Akita did what was best for him, even if it wasn't what Alex felt was best for him.

Once in his room he went straight for the shower. He needed to take down Zion's blood from his hands. He just couldn't think about that moment anymore. It was too much for him to handle.

As he was showering he was asking himself what was Nick and the others doing. How they took the news. How did Nick react of the fact that he was the murderer? Was he believing? Was he on Xerions side? He really hopped not.

After the shower he changed into some new clothes that he found in the closet and jumped in bed thinking about the whole situation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sakura felt a little cold but that was a good thing. That meant he wasn't dead yet. He forced himself to open his eyes, being full of the darkness that he was swept till that moment.

When he opened his eyes he didn't saw Medive or Jonah as he thought, he saw a familiar voice that he never thought of. "Alex" he whispered the others name looking at him through lashes. "wh-what are you doing here? Where am i?" he asked looking around in confusion. "They caught you too?" he said panicked looking from side to side moving his arm up to his face.

He wasn't tied up. What had happened? Where was he? And why it was Alex with him.

"Caught? No, I wasn't caught by anyone." Alex replied shaking his head. "I um... came here with someone." Alex didn't really feel like explaining him and Akita to Sakura right now, he could explain it to him later when he was doing better. "You're safe, so don't worry. You need to relax, so you can get better." Alex said patting his friend's arm, he had finished tending to his wounds a few minutes earlier, but he hadn't left his side yet. Jonah had left after he had given him the bowl of water and the cloth leaving him to work in peace. "I'm glad to see that you're doing better, I was worried for a little while." Alex said giving Sakura a small smile.

"I should probably let Medive know you're awake." Alex added after a little silence had passed between them. He should let the vampire know that Sakura was awake now, but he didn't want to leave his friend's side yet either. "How are you feeling?" He asked him glancing up from his hands to lock his eyes on the other. Alex still felt bad that he hadn't realized he had been kidnapped the first time. But... he was just so used to going so long without seeing Sakura that he hadn't realized something had actually happened to him.

Sakura sight heavily turning his eyes to Alex.

"I'm glad to see that you're doing better, I was worried for a little while."

"I thought i died so ... you and me both" he said trying to smile but it was a faint smile.

"I should probably let Medive know you're awake."

"Medive is here?" he asked with hope in his eyes and his heart tingle in his chest. "He ... he came for me" he said more for himself not believing it at first but feeling a relief calming his body.

"How are you feeling?"

"Still dizzy i guess ... " he said taking deep breaths of air feeling like he would pass out again. But he wanted to stay awake. He wanted to see Medive. He was the one that saved him. After all what he said he is , he did cared for him. In a matter of speaking.

"Do you have any water? I'm trusty" added licking his lips, feeling his throat dry.

Alex noticed the way Sakura's eyes seemed to light up at the mention of the vampire. It made him wonder how things were between, apparently not bad if his friend got this way at just the mention of the vampire's name. "Yes... it... lead to a lot of death, but at least not yours." He replied despite knowing that Sakura had meant that comment more for himself. Medive had come for his friend though, and despite all the death it had caused, at least it had not resulted in his friend's death.

Being told he was still dizzy made him nod, "You probably will be for awhile. You lost a lot of blood." At the question of if he had any water he glanced around the room, "I'm sure I can get you a glass of water." He replied getting up from his spot. "I'll go get you some and let Medive know you're awake." With that he left the room, it took him longer than he wanted to admit to locate the kitchen and get a glass of water for him, when he had he then had the hard task of hunting the other vampire down. It was made easier when he ran into Jonah who showed him the way and announced him to the vampire having told him it would not be smart for him to just walk in on the other. After being let in he told the vampire that Sakura was awake, and noticing how this seemed to make Medive happy he gave the vampire the cup of water to take up to him. Now was probably when he should hunt down Akita, wherever he had gone.

It had taken quite a bit of encouragement from Jonah for Medive to agree to let the human into his study and speak with him. Obviously he didn't want too, it made it harder to ignore the human existed if they were face to face. The news he was given though made him quite happy, and much more tolerant of his presence. Taking the glass of water that was handed to him and being told that Sakura was thirsty he nodded watching the human leave before he left and made his way to his pet's side. It didn't take him long to make it there and he was slipping into the room.

Instantly a smile crossed his face at the sight of his cute pet, moving over to Sakura he settled on the bed beside him and held the glass of water out to him. "There is my cute pet." He murmured softly though it was loud enough for Sakura to hear it. He was after all the only human that he had felt this strongly for, he hadn't even felt this way about Jonah before he had turned the other.

When he was left alone, Sakura tried to get himself up on the bed, leaning better on the wall behind his pillow. That was better. His mouth was getting dryer and he really hopped that Alex will get there faster with the water. He was really thirsty.

As the door opened he turned his gaze thinking it was Alex but his eyes sparkled when he saw Medive. A small smile appeared on his face. He was happy to see the other. So he wasn't dreaming. He really came for him. He really saved him.

"Hei there stranger" he said smiling in the corner of his mouth. "Happy to see you unharmed" he added watering his lips.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without staying put, Akita thought that some walk in the mansion will help him clear his mind. He also needed to find Alex.

"You'll never have to worry about seeing me harmed." Medive replied with a smile, holding the cold glass of water out for Sakura who he could tell very clearly needed the drink. "I'm definitely happy to see my cute pet is alive." He added as he reached out, cupping the cute human's cheek before he leaned in to press a light kiss to his forehead. "You're safe now, all you need to do is focus on getting better." That was seriously all Medive wanted Sakura to worry about right now. It was to important that he got better, and not just because he was the jewel, it was because Medive truly cared for him.

This was definitely a big twist on how he had originally felt when taking Sakura that night, but it didn't change matters at all. Making sure that his pet drank the glass of water he passed the empty cup off to Jonah with the order to refill it encase Sakura was still thirsty before he was making sure his pet was comfortable and was getting comfortable beside him. Wrapping an arm loosely around the other's shoulder and pulling the blanket up over them.

Alex was aimlessly wandering around at this point, taking in the decoration of the different corridors. He had no idea where Akita had gone, or what room he would be in and he felt like it would be disrespectful to Medive if he went around opening random doors looking for Akita. That really only left him with the one option of roaming around though, and it wasn't long before he came to realize he was completely lost in the big mansion, he wasn't used to buildings of this size.

Sakura drank the whole glass feeling much better now that he was hydrated. He really needed. The other place didn't gave him anything. Only blood loss.

When Medive sat next to him, he leaned his head on the others shoulder feeling calm. He could tell that the storm was for the moment over. He was safe. With him , he was safe.

"I'm happy that you saved me. I know i'm just a tool for you but ... I'm happy you came for me" he said closing his eyes sighing and closing his eyes, feeling still tired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akita tried to track down Alex by the sound of his heartbeats. One came from upstairs but that was defenetly Sakura with Medive. There was another one a level below. He rushed that way and it didn't last long and he found Alex wandering around not knowing where he was. Tipping him on the shoulder turning him around. "Lost dear?"

It was easy for Medive to just give in and show affection for him, running his hand gently along Sakura's arm in a soothing manner. "You may have been... in the beginning... but you being taken from me helped me realize your more than just a tool." Medive replied as he shifted before pulling Sakura into his lap, placing the human in a way that wouldn't hurt any of his wounds so he could have him resting against his chest. "You're far too cute for me to only see as a tool." He admitted flashing his pet a sincere smile.

For a moment he let things fall silent between them, one hand was now running fingers through Sakura's hair gently. "You somehow managed to tame the beast." He said softly on the other's head. It was true though, Sakura had somehow managed to tame him in a way that made him only want to show the other his good side. That didn't mean that aggressive and hateful side couldn't reappear, but for now at least it wasn't anywhere in sight with Sakura.

Alex was just about ready to admit that he hated this place to himself when there was a tap on his hand and he was suddenly turned around. "Damn!" He gasped his heart pounding heavily in his chest, Akita had managed to startle him by suddenly appearing and touching him when he had thought he was completely alone. "Ah... yeah a bit." Alex admitted with a slightly sheepish smile, "This place is gigantic... and I didn't want to go snooping." He admitted. "This place is kind of creepy." Alex added glancing around them again.

"That makes me happy" he said lifting his head so that he could look at him. He really did missed his messed up vampire. Lifting his hand slowly, he placed it on Medive's cheek turning his head so that he can kiss him. It was a soft kiss on the lips. He really did missed that. No matter how twisted and fucked up the vampire was before, he did showed kindness to him at some point. And the fact that he came and rescued him was enough for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is kind of creepy indeed" he said smiling , being a little amused that he scared Alex. "Let's go in my room" he added lifting his hand , waiting this time for Alex to accept it and fallow him. This time he didn't want to drag him along anymore.

The hand on his cheek was warm and he liked the touch, though he didn't have much time to focus just on the touch as Sakura was turning his face so they were looking at each other. Watching his cute pet lean up to give him a soft kiss made him smile into it slightly, he happily returned the kiss. That smile was still on his face even after the kiss was broken, "You're so cute." He whispered to Sakura. Leaning forward he pressed a kiss to his human's cheek before resting his chin on the top of the other's head. "You should get some more sleep." He said softly, wanting to encourage him to get his rest and get better.

When Akita offered him his hand Alex had to admit he was a bit surprised that he wasn't just pulled along again. However, he came to realize that they didn't need to be in a hurry here, they were safe here, for now. He didn't know how long that was going to last right now, but at least it was something. Slipping his hand into Akita's he let his boyfriend lead him back through the halls and to the other's room. But that brought up questions that he was dying to know the answer too. "Your room? How well do you and Medive know each other?" He asked curiously.

Sakura smiled and layed his head on Medive's head, closing his eyes. Taking a few deep breaths he fell asleep instantly. It was a calming sleep. One that he really missed to have. Even though his body was hurting because of the bruises from the vampires fangs and that he still felt weak, he find comfort in having the other right next to him. He never thought that the other would grow so much in his heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking his hand he started to walk down the halls in silent to his dorm.

"Your room? How well do you and Medive know each other?"

"We have a long history together" he said taking a deep breath. "I was a trouble maker in my days and a little bit crazy. At first i didn't like the fact that vampires couldn't hunt the humans they wanted. Only the ones mentioned by the clans. So, i started hanging out with Medive. The outcast clan. It was fun. I liked that i was getting to pick the humans he was capturing. I couldn't complain" he said sighing as he remembered those dark times of his past.

"I never ... felt anything towards humans. Only the fact that they were our food and were for our own entertainment" he pause for a moment thinking if he should continue with the story or not. But it was only fair for Alex to know.

"I use to hang around Medive a lot. And he was the one who would help me in trouble. Fix my mess. That was until Nick got a hold on me and made me realize that we weren't animals and that humans weren't just food. From that moment i didn't hang out with Medive and the rest that much, only coming to him when i was in trouble or out of control" he added stopping in front of a door, letting the other to enter.

"He was like a brother to me and still hope he is and will understand eventually that humans are not just for our own amusement" he said closing the door behind them.

"You should get some rest. You've been through a lot in the pass hours" he said pointing the bed in front of them. "I will stay awake" he added moving to the window glaring outside.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

"Well... I am glad that he took such good care of you when you were with him but... if Medive was going to change... was going to see Humans as more than food don't you think he would have changed by now?" Alex really was glad that Akita had someone he felt was a brother, someone who had looked after him and fixed his mistakes when needed. But... Medive seemed like a really dark vampire, evil really. His mere presence made the room fill with some sort of sinister aura that made Alex extremely uncomfortable.

The mere presence of the other vampire was enough to make his blood run cold. Not to mention the way Medive always seemed to stare through him instead of at him. When they had entered the room Akita had told him he should go to bed pointing him to the bed while saying that he would stay awake. "I can stay up with you." Alex instantly said turning from the bed to Akita who was now standing by the window and glaring out of it. That was an expression he wasn't used to seeing and he was worried about his boyfriend.

"I'll keep you some company." He offered moving over to him and resting his hand gently on Akita's arm. For some reason he felt as though leaving Akita alone right now was not a good idea, and he didn't want to go to sleep. He wanted to spend time with his boyfriend, wanted to be with him after everything that had just happened to them.

"Well... I am glad that he took such good care of you when you were with him but... if Medive was going to change... was going to see Humans as more than food don't you think he would have changed by now?"

Akita thought of that too, but after Medive found the shikon something did change in him. He just couldn't get a hold of it, but he was sure it did. In the past he wouldn't had thought of saving the shikon. He would had left him there. 100 years more meant nothing for him. He could fight the other clans if they wanted to fight him but he would never rick it to go an save one. Especially a shikon human who's life is just to be drained of blood in the end. It was strange how Medive was now in compare with the Medive he knew before. He couldn't give Alex an answer cause didn't know either what it was.

"I can stay up with you.""I'll keep you some company."

Like woke from a dream he looked at Alex that took his arm staying close to him. He smiled gently , touching the others cheek. "Are you sure? I'm a vampire remember? I don't need sleep. But you ... you do need rest" he said touching the lower lip with his finger.

Immediately perking up when Akita didn't just send him to be anyway Alex gave his boyfriend a large smile. "I'm sure! I'm really not tired anyway." Alex happily replied. Staying up and keeping his boyfriend company was far better than going to bed. Especially since Akita really seemed to be in a position where he needed to have someone there, helping him out after the events of the day. Keep his mind occupied,something Alex felt that the vampire really needed right now.

Leaning up he kissed Akita softly before turning his own gaze to the window. "It's pretty amazing really. For a building like this to be hidden in such a manner. I never would have expected it to be here." He commented thoughtfully. "How many homes do vampires normally have? Are they all this big?" Alex was truly curious if this sort of thing was normal.

"I'm sure! I'm really not tired anyway."

Akita smiled leaning into the kiss.

He turned his gaze outside the window. What they could see was a small forest that had formed inside the stone wall of the waterfall. It was pretty amazing. Something like a different dimension or world.

"It's pretty amazing really. For a building like this to be hidden in such a manner. I never would have expected it to be here."

"It comes in handy when you try to escape the world outside when they hunt you down" he said remembering his past and how in the 19th century humans where hunting vampires like crazy. They were force to hide in that time. Almost die of hunger because the humans knew about different remedies so that vampires could not feed from them. Specific herbs and all. Some of the knowledge that thank-goodness was lost along the years.

"How many homes do vampires normally have? Are they all this big?"

He laughed a little at the enthusiastic voice of the other.

"There are enough. Some in plain sight, others hidden like this one for urgent matters. It depends of the vampires. Not all know each-others hideouts"

For a moment Alex was quiet after Akita told him that it came in handy when one was trying to escape the world outside when they would hunt you down. It made the realization of how different their lives were start to sink in, Akita had survived through a lot more than any mere human ever could, and he had a very long existence ahead of him one that would continue to stretch before him. Until something ended it. Did vampires die of old age? Alex didn't know for sure but he had a feeling they didn't, and if that was even a thing it must be and extremely long time before such a thing could even be possible.

"But you know Medive's from when you were with him." Alex concluded with a small nod. It had been helpful that was for sure, and now they were in a safe space. For a moment he was silent but then he realized he really wanted to know more about Medive and Akita's relationship, even if it was just like a familial thing. "How did you and Medive first meet? He doesn't seem like the most social vampire, or like the easiest to find either."