Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

Akita didn't liked the way he reacted but he knew that the human was starting to want more. Even if he didn't want to believe before what the council told him, apparently they were right. Humans get attached really quickly and they are emotional and physically weak. If a vampire got in this kind of situation it wouldn't end well. First, because vampires were immortals and humans mortals. They would get old and die eventually, leaving a vampire alone again. And second, they would eventually ask to be turned into vampires, and that wasn't an easy task to do.

Closing his eyes, trying to not get angry or anything, because this whole situation was his fault. He played with fire and now he was about to get burned. Should he explain all of it to Alex? What that even allowed? He broke so many rules before and now this. If dead was the punishment, than he had no regret except this one. Ruffling his hair and sighing he sat back on the couch, covering the boys lower part with his jacket.

"I know that i am responsible for all this" he started to say being a little surprise how mature he sounded. He started to wonder were was the childish vampire he used to be. "The problem is that we got to much involved. You want more, and you deserve more but ..... I'm not the right and insane guy" he said looking at Alex, hopping he would understand. Even if he too felt a little sad for doing it so. He just hopped that he didn't get too attached already to the boy. Because if he did so, then there was no turning back.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

A frown crossed Alex's face when Akita sat back down on the couch only to use a jacket to cover his lower body. He grumbled softly under his breath, apparently Akita was only alright with him being naked before him when his cock was shoved up his ass. This made him turn his face away from the vampire, he couldn't see what was wrong with wanting the vampire to spend more time with him. Possibly without them having sex, even if he definitely enjoyed the sex they had together. There was still the ache that had settled in at suddenly and rather quickly being rejected and practically called a mistake. Alex felt like the only thing he was good for was food and a quick fuck, anything else wasn't acceptable and it made him wonder if he wanted Akita to come back after all.

Well, he didn't think he'd have to worry about it, it didn't seem like the vampire would be coming back anytime soon, if at all. Even when Akita admitted that he was responsible for this Alex didn't speak, he barely wanted to even look at him anymore after being rejected in such a manner. "Yeah, fine. Doesn't matter." He grumbled in response to being told that Akita had gotten to involved and how he wasn't the right guy. Though the addition of also saying insane just confused Alex, since he still wasn't looking at the vampire anyway it didn't show on his face.

"I guess you can leave then. You don't need to humor me with spending anymore time here than necessary." Alex added pushing the jacket off his lap and getting up to grab his clothes and pull them back on. It made him question everything he had done that night, giving the vampire permission to drink from him, having sex with him again. Alex hadn't thought it meant he was getting to attached to the man to the point Akita would reject him like this. He had thought that mentioning his only complaint would give him a chance to get to know him better. Especially if Akita wanted to continue to fuck him, but apparently this was just a benefit kind of thing. The vampire wanted to drink from him, and the sex that resulted meant nothing. Fine. Alex could accept that, if that really was all Akita wanted from him he'd find a way to shut his heart off long enough for the vampire to get what he wanted.

For a moment he just stood in his living room now that he was dressed his mind was still racing and his heart still ached. But it shouldn't ache, and Alex knew that. Apparently he really had gotten more attached to Akita than he had thought, but it didn't matter. Alex got it, he was human and didn't and could never mean anything to a vampire more than for food purposes. He hadn't meant to seem or even get attached to Aita to begin with. "I guess I'm going to head to bed then... I work in the morning. C-could you turn off the light when you leave?" Alex said as he moved to the front door of his apartment and made sure it was locked before turning to head to his room.

But he came to a stop when he made it to the hallway and finally spared Akita a glance. "You don't need to explain anything to me. I get it. The whole food chain thing, it's fine. I won't get attached to you." Even if he had already gotten a little attached. He could get it, and it was fine even if it'd hurt a bit at first to remember and accept that this is what it was. Alex was just on a lower part of the food chain. If this was what he had to remember in order to even have a chance of seeing Akita again it was fine. He'd find a way to make it work while reminding himself that there couldn't and wouldn't be anything between them.

With every word the other was saying Akita was feeling pain in his dead-frozen heart. He ever knew he had a heart anymore till now because the pain was feeling so real. Seeing the other get dressed and spoke with such ice in his words and voice made him curse himself for the way he treated the boy. He didn't mean it to be that way. And seeing how the boy got upset it could only mean one thing. The boy got attached to him. He cursed silently and when the boy returned from locking the door, he stood up, grabbing him by the hand, stopping Alex to run away.

"Please ... don't be like this ... I know i messed up how i reacted and told you all that but ... I just don't know what to do anymore" he said ruffling his hair , feeling even more confused. He didn't want to lose the boy but he didn't want to get too attached to him. The whole thing was too complicated for him and too confusing. He just didn't know what to do anymore.

"I-m ...I'm sorry ... Can we start over?" he said turning Alex to face him in order to look him in his eyes. He didn't used any compel or anything. No power involved. This was real. He got attached to the human only from one day. How was it possible he couldn't explained it. But one thing he knew for sure. He wasn't going to let this end. No matter how many rules he was braking or punishments he had to endure. He felt something from the moment he saw the boy after the scent was gone. He was attracted to him as he was. Not the shikon, not a special human, but only a simple and normal human.

"I'll stay ... And .... And tomorrow i will answer to all your questions that you have about me and about all of this" he said stepping closed to the boy, lifting his chin and kissing him softly this time. "I need you to be patient with me" he said, caressing the boys shoulder. "Let's get you into bed" he said dragging the boy in his room. "And i mean sleeping, nothing else" he added making sure that the boy understood his intention of behaving.

*~*~*~*

On the other end of the world, there was Sakura who was waking up. Brushing his hands over his eyes he looked around a little bit confused, but immediately realizing that what he experienced before wasn't a bad dream but reality instead. Luckily this time he wasn't tied on the bed anymore, so he could get out of bed and looked outside the window, mesmerized by the view and the place.

Alex had been about to turn and continued to his room when his hand was caught by Akita. He kept his gaze turned away from the vampire when he heard him speak, asking him not to be like this. Shaking his head Alex was about to say he figured this was what he wanted, Akita apparently didn't want Alex to be attached to him and want him around for more than that. So clearly he wanted him to act as though this was nothing and didn't mean anything at all.

Being turned to face the other meant that his emotionless eyes met Akita's, he wasn't even sure what to feel anymore. "I... don't know." He muttered when he was asked if they could start over, he wasn't sure he could start over. What if they did and all Akita ended up doing was hurt again? Alex wasn't sure he could handle his heart being crushed like that more than once, it would just be to much. But the more their gazes remained fixed on each other the more his resolve started to fade and he felt himself wanting to give Akita another chance. Especially if it meant that this wasn't the last time he saw the other.

The soft kiss he was given made any resolve he had to just tell Akita he should go vanish, and he found that his heart seemed to skip a beat in response to having the other close to him again. When he pulled away and was told that the other needed him to be patient with him he came to realize that he really wasn't being patient right now. He had turned cold in order to protect himself, but hadn't shown an ounce of patience for Akita and what the other had to be feeling. But that wasn't the part that surprised him and made him speechless, it was the part about him staying and tomorrow answering all of his questions about him and all of this. That was really all he had wanted to hear, that Akita would stay and at least humor him a little, spend time with him without drinking from him or them having sex.

When Akita spoke again and started to drag him towards his room he wanted to object, finding that he wanted to stay up and speak with the other more now than he wanted to go to bed. Though he wasn't really surprised when Akita had decided to emphasis that this was to get him to sleep and not to do anything else. Which was a good thing, as Alex really didn't feel like having sex again, not after the heartache that he had just been put through even if it had been eased a little. "But I'm not tired now." He complained a little as they entered his room and he was pulled towards his bed. Once they were beside his bed he did climb into it and get comfortable, but it was clear by the look he gave Akita that he was waiting for the other to join him. Even if he had to get some sleep he wanted the vampire to be close to him, wanted to know that he was still there even as he was sleeping.

"Lay with me?" He asked after a second patting the spot beside him. Then he turned to his phone and placed it on the nightstand, plugging it into the charger and making sure that his alarm was set so it'd wake him up in the morning. Despite them doing pretty much exactly what they had the night before he didn't feel as drained and sick as he had waking up this morning. Clearly Akita had controlled himself enough to not take to much blood this time. Which was a plus for Alex, since he didn't want to be left feeling sick and weak every time.

*~*~*~*~*

Medive was down in the labyrinth working on one of his current experiments, forming the flesh and bone how he so desired. He had been working on this current experiment for a few months now, and every time he made a change the blood curdling scream the form let out only seemed to please him more. All of his successful experiments were released into the surrounding forests just beyond the property's gates were they acted as guardians of sorts, fending off any people that may wonder to close to his large property. There were restrictions placed within those trees to keep his experiments from wandering to far away from the property, it was great in his personal opinion. Though difficult at times. A human body -and humans tended to be his favorite choice for experimenting with- could only take so much before it began to break and fail and in the end die. So he had to be extremely careful in the creation of his new experiments. He had to give some a few weeks of rest between changes depending on how drastic the changes being made were. Others got a few hours or a couple of days. It varied, but for obvious reasons. After making the changes to his current experiment the creature would need at least a couple weeks to recuperate. But that was fine with Medive who had already put so much time and effort into it's creation. It wasn't recognizable as anything remotely human anymore, and by the time he released it, it wouldn't even seem as though it could have possible been anything that once walked on two legs.

After awhile and realizing that the sun would be rising soon he decided to head upstairs to the mansion to clean up and make sure his pet was brought some fresh food. He'd leave him a little while to get used to his chambers and the freedom to walk that room before paying him a visit and seeing how he was settling in. Once he had made it upstairs he sent Jonah once more to make him food and bring it to him while he made a beeline for his bedroom and a much needed shower. He was covered in blood and absolutely hated the feeling of dried blood on the skin making it all the more important to wash it off now rather than waiting.

"But I'm not tired now."

Akita smiled, amused by the other subit eagerness to talk with him and find out more about him and the vamprie world. He had to admit that this human was the first to not be afrait of him anymore and the first to want to get to know him better. Above all, Alex was the first human that wanted him around. Alex wasn't judgy, well, except for the moment he screwed up by acting the way he did a few moments ago.

"There will be plenty of time tomorrow. Now you need rest" he said preparing the bed for him, watching Alex getting comfortable. He didn't need sleep. Vampires never sleep. They could pretend for the human sake, but they were never tired or anything else. Except for thirsty but that was another thing.

"Lay with me?"

He did as he was told, climbing the bed right next to him. "Now rest. I'll be here tomorrow as well" he said covering the boys body so that he wouldn't get cold or anything, keeping his body next to the other. It was strange to lay again in bed and above all, next to a human and not doing anything. This was a first in many years.

*~*~*~*~*

Sakura was still looking at the world outside, wondering how his mother was. Was she taking her medicine? Was she worried about him? Did she look for him hopping she will find him? Sighing he leaned his head to the window's glass, closing his eyes and picturing his mother. He never left her alone this much, and it was only 2 days, but it felt like more. He was feeling weak. And no matter how much he wanted to escape, all his calculation and the knowledge that he had about this place wasn't enough. He didn't know the mansion, he didn't know the surroundings. How far was he from the city or if he could make it pass the entrance alive. There was too much to think about it , and with every thought his hopes of getting out of there soon were fading.

His stomach wake him from his thought reminding him that he needed to eat. But looking around he didn't saw the tray with the food from yesterday. As he sat on the edge of the bed, he remembered that the other young vampire took it when he left the room leaving him with ... Medive. Was he really turning him into his pet? But what was he supposed to do? Act like an animal or what. That was crazy. But becoming one of the experiments didn't sound that good either. What other choice did he had? None.

Feeling his head explode he leaned it in his hands, trying to find a way to at least get to know the surroundings and not just that stupid room. He needed to look outside the room and outside the mansion, more than he saw from the window. He needed to know more about this place than he had now. Even if Medive didn't do anything to him, he didn't want to find out too soon.

Watching Akita as the vampire prepared his bed for him he couldn't help the amuse smile that crossed his face. Alex couldn't help it though, considering the other seemed to be genuinely concerned about him getting his rest, which was why he didn't resist it and slipped into the bed getting comfortable. After he pat the spot beside him and asked Akita to join him in the bed, he was quite pleased that the other actually did join him instead of fighting against him. "Okay." Alex murmured when he was told once again to rest, and that Akita would be there tomorrow. The blanket being pulled over him made Alex realize just how tired he was after all. Reaching up Alex removed his glasses and placed them on the nightstand as well, leaving him practically blind as he started shifting in the bed once more he unconsciously snuggled up against the other's side falling asleep rather quickly after doing so.

During the night he slept better than he had in a long time, his body finding a way to curl around the other body in the bed with him. It had been over a year since he'd had another person in his bed over night, and almost a year since he had another person in his bed at all. It made it so even in his sleep he was able to enjoy how comforting and nice it was to have a body beside him all night. When his alarm went off in the early hours of the morning he mumbled something nuzzling into the figure beside him not wanting to wake up, far to comfortable. Unfortunately for Alex, the insistent beeping of his phone didn't stop and with a groan he found himself pulling away from the figure he had almost been practically lying on top of before he turned and blindly reached for his phone on his nightstand.

Alex truly was blind without his glasses on, and even now it was difficult though his hand managed to find the smooth object that was his phone while at the same time hitting the button to dismiss the alarm. Carefully he unplugged the device from it's charger and set it on the bed beside him as his hand moved carefully to find where he had set his glasses. Learning from experience how easy it was to knock them off and break them over the years.

*~*~*~*~*

Jonah wasn't particularly pleased to be making a meal for his Sire's new pet yet again, finding that his patience for the human andh is presence in the mansion already shot. Grumbling he made a breakfast of porridge, toast, some fresh fruit and fresh orange juice as well as hot coffee before heading back up to the room again. When he entered he found Naname sitting on the edge of his bed, head in his hands. Clearing his throat he approached the bed and set the tray down beside the other. "Here is your breakfast. Medive would like to see you in his study once you have finished eating and he has bathed. I'll take you there when you're ready." It was clear by his tone that he wasn't happy that he was being forced to do such things.

Deep down he wanted his Sire for himself, his desires for the other made it so he didn't like when another had the older vampire's attention. Even the girl who was kept around for the same purposes he was caused great jealousy within him, even though he was clearly Medive's favorite. Even though he had enjoyed spending the night with the older man against last night, like he was just about always expected to do so he was upset to hear Medive think of no one but this human from the very beginning this morning. Even before he had gone down to his experiment he had been told how he should keep an ear out for Naname to awake and once he did wake he was to tend to what the human may need. His eyes moved to the other's wrist that had been rubbed raw and was probably sore, "I'll apply the ointment again after breakfast as well. So... eat up."

Akita was pleased that the boy did as he was told and layed down to sleep. As the other passed out into sleep, he remained near him as he promised. Seeing the other clanged to his body gave him a strange feeling. He knew that maybe right in that moment he was breaking the rules and maybe he was going to be scolled back in the mansion but he really didn't cared. Seeing Alex upset before made him feel worst.

As the night passed he kept watching the boy in his peaceful sleep. How could a human like him change him so much in such a short time. What was about Alex that had such a power over him in turning him against their rules? It was strange how he was so into this boy and didn't want to hurt him or stay away from him. He only tried to figure it out what he was going to tell back home and also what kind of question had the boy. He knew that being with a human it was going to be difficult because they were fragile and could be used against you.

When the boy woke up to turn off his alarm, Akita smiled, being amused how Alex didn't want to get out of bed too soon. But as he told him, he had to go to work. He kind of forgot how it was working, since he didn't need it. "Hello there sunshine. Did you sleep well?" he asked removing the hair from Alex's face.

*~*~*~*~*

"Here is your breakfast. Medive would like to see you in his study once you have finished eating and he has bathed. I'll take you there when you're ready."

Sakura lifted his head up when he heard someone speak, only to see the young vampire bringing him a tray of food. He was thankful that he was having something to eat now that his stomach was growling. Before he knew it, he started eating like he was starving for days. Was he really only for a day there? He kept though his distance from the younger vampire, not wanting to be bitten or anything like last time when he changed his attitude like he was hypnotized.

He didn't cared what the young one said to him, the fact that Medive was waiting for him wasn't that important, but the fact that he was going to get out of that room and see a little from outside it, that was something that he had an interest in.

"I'll apply the ointment again after breakfast as well. So... eat up."

"No need for that" he said after finishing almost everything that was on the tray. He really was hungry. "Medive did that last night and it healed pretty good" he said, not wanting the young vampire get any near him. He didn't trust him. Plus, he could see in the others look that he didn't liked him that much either. There was something in the vampires eyes that he just couldn't understand what or why was he looking like that at him cause he didn't do anything wrong to him.

Alex had just managed to find his glasses and slip them on before he was falling back onto the bed eyes drifting shut. He didn't want to get up, he didn't want to go to work all he wanted to do was lie in bed all day and relax. Suddenly he felt a hand brushing the hair away from his face and an increasingly familiar voice speak, greeting him and asking him how he slept. It was at this point that he remembered he had Akita in his bed, his eyes opening slowly and looking up at the vampire that he really was happy to see still there. A bright smile appeared on his face and he moved so he was lying beside him again and cuddled once more into his side, how could he not enjoy this?

"Morning. Extremely well, better than I have in a long time." Alex admitted being completely honest with the other. It had been the best night sleep he had in a long time, there was no point in denying that fact especially since he had slept so well because Akita had been beside him all night. "I don't want to get out of bed." He murmured softly not wanting to move, even if he knew he had to get ready for work and eat something before he left. But he wanted to stay here, with Akita and spend the whole day together. Suddenly a thought hit him and his hazel eyes looked up into the other's gaze.

"So... are like all the legends and stuff about vampires true? You know, garlic, sunlight and all that?" Now probably wasn't the time to start asking his questions, but he was curious and couldn't help doing so. That and he also felt like these were the simple thing that he kind of needed to know about. He didn't want to accidentally hurt Akita or anything like that because he had failed to ask if such legends were true and had gone about his day as if they weren't despite a vampire being in his home.

*~*~*~*~*

Shrugging when the human told him he didn't need to apply the ointment that Medive had done so the night before and it had healed pretty well just made him roll his eyes. "Yeah, fine. I personally don't care." He admitted with a shrug and dismissive wave of the hand. If Sakura didn't want him to touch him that was fine, he didn't particularly want to touch the human either and if it meant he didn't apply the ointment like Medive had wanted he truly didn't care. Jonah watched the boy eat as though he was starving and hadn't eaten in days, but he figured it was because of how little he had eaten of the food he had brought to him the day before, food he had worked hard on making and was wasted. Just one more reason to not be a fan of the mortal.

Jonah impatiently waited for the other to finish eating before he motioned for him to follow and started leading him through the many halls towards Medive's study. When they finally made it to the large oak doors that lead into the leader's study he gave a small knock and waited to hear an answering 'come in' before going any further. This was probably the one and only room where that rule stood firm. No one was allowed to enter without waiting to be invited in. Stepping inside he ushered the moretal in his eyes moving to lock on his Sire and they instantly seemed to melt. His feelings for the older vampire clearly displayed as he watched the other moving back and forth between a couple of bookshelves behind his desk as though looking for something. "I brought him for you." Jonah said his voice wasn't like it was when addressing Sakura. It was soft, loving and filled with his desire for the older vampire who had suddenly stopped and turned to face them a smile crossing his face.

"Thank you, Jonah. Now go relax and enjoy yourself a little." Medive replied his own voice was clearly affectionate towards the younger vampire. Jonah did still have a special place to him after all. But it was now that his orange gaze landed on his lovely little pet and he motioned him closer. "Come, you'll be keeping me company while I work on a few things. After all, all good pets keep their owners company." His voice hadn't become hard or demanding, but it most certainly wasn't the same tone he had used with Jonah a few seconds early. The younger vampire hearing the tone that Sakura was addressed with was pleased though and turned and made his way out of the study clearly happy as he shut the doors behind him.

Medive focused on his little pet had settled on the corner of his desk, but he motioned Sakura towards the chair that he normally sat in behind his desk clearly telling the mortal he wanted him to sit there. "What better way for me to get to know my little pet's needs than to keep him close, hmm?" He said with a smile. Though it was clear by his smile that there were other reasons behind wanting to keep Sakura close to him.

Akita was amused how the boy was snuggling in bed, not wanting to go to work. He did see a purpose in it for their human life, not for him though. But the human needed the job more than him in keeping his house and food. Otherwise he was homeless. When the other asked about the legends truthness, he burst into laugh. That was crazy. How could humans turn them in something so weak. But then again, they needed hope in this battle of food chain, so he understood.

"No... Nothing like that" he managed to say as he sat up looking amused at Alex. "Not all that you humans came up is true. Well .... maybe the stabbing thing. That one is true. If we get stab into our hearts then we die, for real. But if you miss the heart we just get petrified. Like cryogenics" he said trying to find a good comparison. "Or better said, a deep sleep" he added leaning in one hand looking at the boy. "As for the rest ... Garlic gives us only a bad mouth smell. Sunlight , a little warm on our iced skin aaaand ...we don't sleep in coffins" he pointed that last one out. "We usually don't sleep cause we don't need it" he said sighing, being as honest as possible with the boy.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Sakura fallowed the younger vampire on the great halls of the mansion but wasn't able to figure out much because it was all dim lighted. They reached very quickly the oak doors which he assumed that it was Medive's office. Seeing how the other knock he thought that was a restricted room for the rest and only those invited where allowed. Cause in his room they got in with no knocking on it.

"Come, you'll be keeping me company while I work on a few things. After all, all good pets keep their owners company."

Sakura didn't liked the sound of him being called a pet, but sadly he didn't had a choice in it. He could see the changed in the young's vampire features and way of speaking. Not to mention the way Medive spoke and acted also before with him. He didn't know where to sit or where to go so he waited to his place a few more seconds. As Medive pointed where he wanted him to stay, he moved towards the chair, even it was a little bit strange that he wanted him to sit there.

"What better way for me to get to know my little pet's needs than to keep him close, hmm?"

"You already know my needs but can never fulfill them" he said in a low voice keeping his eyes up straight in the room. He was like a living puppet sitting there on that chair, feeling Medive behind him. A small chill ran down his spine, thinking that maybe it wasn't a good idea to talk back. But that was the truth.

The fact that Akita had burst into laughter at his question made Alex realize rather quickly that they really weren't true. Listening as the vampire began explaining to him that the stake thing was though it made sense, after all if you stabbed anything in the heart it'd die. His curiosity was actually peaked when he explained to them that sunlight only felt warm on their iced skin, "So does that mean I could drag you to work with me? To keep me company? My boss is literally an ancient old man who I swear he forgets he even has an employee until he is signing my paycheck. I get lonely in the shop!" Alex said hoping he'd be able to convince him to spend the day with him at work. Though he did understand if Akita didn't want to and would rather spend the day here in the apartment waiting for him to return.

That of course reminded him that he needed to get ready for work, and so rather reluctantly he slipped out of the bed and without really thinking started stripping out of the clothes he had slept in. "I suppose I need to get in the shower real quick..." He murmured after he had already slipped out of his pants but it had also hit him before he had undressed completely standing there in his boxers. Glancing back over his shoulder to Akita he gave him a small smile, "It should only take me a moment." With that he made his way out of his bedroom and towards the bathroom, grabbing a clean towel along the way.

*~*~*~*~*

"Hmm? That sounds like a bit of a challenge." Medive said his orange gaze locked on his little human, amused that the other seemed to think he was incapable of fulfilling his needs. "Tell me, what needs exactly do you think I can't fulfill for you? I can give you everything you need, everything you want. All you have to do is behave." His voice had taken on a rather alluring tone, clearly he felt like he was more than capable of taking care of Sakura, in any way his cute little pet needed. Not just that, but he knew he was also capable of giving the other anything he wanted, anything he needed.

Shifting on his desk he turned his body so he could face the other better, the papers in his lap were practically forgotten at this point. His amused gaze locked on the other, he really did like how fiesty the other was. It only made Medive enjoy having him around even more, the way Sakura behaved around him and had the guts to talk back to him like that made him want to keep him around even more. To see more of that side of him, since most humans found themselves to scared of him to speak up like that.

Standing up he placed the papers on his desk and moved so he was standing even closer to the other, reaching out and running his fingers gently over the side of the human's neck. "You've eaten breakfast I presume?" He asked his voice taking on another tone. He had to make sure the other was eating, so that he wouldn't be to weak or him to drink from, that and it would help him replenish the blood he did take quicker if he was eating as well.

"I cannot go with you to work. I need to head back to our quarters.

But i'll go another day" , he said smilling. He had to get back to the mansion and see if the others found out about the shikon and to see if he got into any trouble.

"I'll wait here" he added laying back in bed, waiting for the other to get readdy for work.

*~*~*~*

"What i want is to go home, but you already made it cleared that that wont happen" said Sakura lifting his eyes to the other lookibg him straight in the eyes.

"Yes .... i've eaten" he said shortly trying to ignore the shaken that ran his body when the other thouched his neck.

Alex had to admit, he was disappointed when Akita said he couldn't go to work with him, a small frown appearing on his face. "Okay." he replied, knowing there was no reason to get upset about it. Even if he would have liked him to come, at least Akita said he would go to work with him another day, and not completely refuse the idea. Once in the bathroom he slipped out of his boxers and put the towel on the towel rack, turning on the water and waiting for it to hit the right temperature. Once it had he stepped under the warm spray and started to wash up and get ready for work. It didn't take him long to shower before he was turning off the water and stepping out, wrapping the towel around his waist and making his way back to his room to get dressed.

Sure enough, when he stepped back into his bedroom Akita was still waiting for him right where he said he would causing a pleased smile to appear on his face. Sparing a moment to just watch the other he soon made his way to his closet so he could get dressed, letting the towel around his waist drop to the floor before he was stepping into a pair of boxers and finished getting dressed. Once dressed he moved over to Akita and leaned in to steal a quick kiss, "Come on then." He lead him out of his bedroom and towards the kitchen so he could make something to eat he could take with him. Deciding on a bagel with some cream cheese he looked over to Akita. "Walk me to work at least? That way we can talk a little on the way? It's not that far away, I promise." There was no way he could deny how hopeful he was that Akita would at the very least walk him to work this morning.

*~*~*~*~*

Medive sighed a little disappointed when his pet told him he wanted to go home. "You're right. You can't." He replied though his tone made it clear that Sakura had already disappointed him today as he shook his head. "You need to give up on any hope you have of leaving this place. It will only cause you trouble, and possibly punishment if you actually attempt to leave. This is your home now. Whether or not you like it. But I can still give you anything else you want or need, to make your life here easier." Medive wanted Sakura to understand he lived here, with him and his Childer now and that it was going to remain that way.

There was no denying the reaction he got from the other when he had run his fingers over the side of his neck, hearing he had eaten made a pleased hum escape him. "Good." He murmured running his fingers over the side of his neck again. It was important after all, and though he was tempted to feed from him again and once more feel the power that his blood provided he managed to stop himself from doing so. Now wasn't the time, especially since he didn't need the extra power at the moment, it was just the two of them, and he intended it to remain that way for most of the day.

"Alright. Let's go" he said fallowing Alex to the kitchen waiting for him to make his meal for work.

"Speak out. I know that you have more questions about me and the vampire thing" he said leaning on the kitchen table looking at him, watching every move.

*~*~*~*~*

"I will never give up on my home. Above all i am still human and i have a familly like you as well. And i will always want to go home. No matter what you say or do" he said in a low voice keeping his body steady as much as possible.

"I dont want anything else" he added lowering his eyes looking at his hands that were turned into fists on his legs.

Happy that Akita agreed Alex focused on making his breakfast once more, it didn't take him long, but he washed the knife he had dirtied before grabbing a paper towel to carry his breakfast in, grabbing his keys and phone he made sure he had everything he needed. Then turned back towards Akita, "Alright, come on." He was ready to get going and he was glad the other had agreed to walk with him for a little while.

"That's true, I do." Alex agreed with a nod as they walked down the hallway and towards the stairs to leave the building. "It's just hard to figure out where I want to start." He commented giving the other a small smile. The fact that Akita was a vampire was still hard for Alex to process, despite having been fed from twice and their temperature difference. As they walked he let his mind go over things, trying to figure out how exactly he wanted to start his inquiry about the other. "Well... I suppose the main question that comes to mind is where vampires come from... I mean... your race started somewhere, somehow. Surely there are stories of how it came to be?" Alex asked looking up at Akita. That was the main thing he was curious about. How had the first vampire come to be? How did it happen? It was something no one really knew, and he'd be excited and happy to be the first human to learn about it.

*~*~*~*~*

"But for how long will that family and home still exist?" Medive asked with a raised eyebrow, "You're not there to provide for your mother anymore after all. She's too sick to provide for herself. It's only a matter of time before all you have is me. My family. My home." This was cruel, it was evil and he knew it. But he had made it this way for a reason. Medive was more than capable of providing for his new pet's mother and keeping her life easy and as comfortable as it could possibly be. But why would he do that? Sakura hadn't given him any reason to want to keep the woman comfortable, happy and taken care of. If anything his new pet had just given him even more reasons to want her gone.

Orange eyes followed his pet's gaze and he frown his eyes becoming more stern. At this point his hand moved to the other's chin pulling it a little forcefully up and making it so their eyes locked on each other. "You're being offly bold for something that can be so easily broken." His tone was ice at this point, his eyes clearly displaying his displeasure with the other. Medive was aware that all it would take was just a sharp movement of his wrist and he'd be able to end the other's life. This became even more true when his hand moved from the mortal's chin to his neck where it stopped and emphasized his words by squeezing slightly. "Don't tempt me." Medive breathed before releasing the other and letting his hand return to his own side.

With that he stood up straighter again and continued, "Your life here is going to be a very boring and restricted one if you keep up this attitude. Some feistiness I will allow, I am not into completely compliant humans. But when it gets to become too much I will make sure you back down and remember your place." His words were spoken with a tone like ice, and it was clear by the look in his eyes that he was not kidding. Medive did like how fiesty Sakura could be sometimes, but this time he had taken one step over the very thin line of what he would allow. What had caused him to step over this line? It wasn't anything that Sakura had said, it was his body language, that was so clearly displayed.

Perching on the arm of the chair beside the other, and purposefully making sure they had just about no space between them his gaze landed on his pet's fisted hands. "Now relax." It was clearly an order. Medive didn't care if Sakura was happy with being here, or wanted to be here. Whether the other was here or not was not something to be debated, and he was going to make that very clear.

Akita fallowed Alex along the way, not saying much. He was listening the other talk and being super happy that he got to walk to work with him. Humans can be so strange sometimes. They get happy with little things. He was drawn back from his thoughts when the Alex spoke again.

"Well... I suppose the main question that comes to mind is where vampires come from... I mean... your race started somewhere, somehow. Surely there are stories of how it came to be?"

"Well ... that's kind of good question and i will have to remind it because i have no idea" he said laughing realizing that he didn't knew. He never liked history and has never payed attention. "The only thing i can remember is that we were told that we are old as time. Well, some of the vampire kind. Thousand of years back. So, its kind of hard to estimate exactly a time frame" he added keeping his hands in his pockets.

*~*~*~*~*

"But for how long will that family and home still exist?" "You're not there to provide for your mother anymore after all. She's too sick to provide for herself. It's only a matter of time before all you have is me. My family. My home."

"You're not my family. You kidnapped me for your own selfish purposes. That doesn't mean i have to like it", he said lifting his gaze back to the other. How could he say such a thing. His mother had to survive. His effort shouldn't be in vain. All those years that he stood by her side and carried for her.

"You're being offly bold for something that can be so easily broken."

Sakura clenched his teeth when the other caught his chin, holding him firmly looking him in his eyes. He wasn't afraid anymore. If that was his fate, of dying by the hand of a vampire so be it, but he wouldn't die without putting up a fight. "Don't you dare do something to her" he managed to say between his clenched teeth.

"Don't tempt me."

"You started it" he said after he was released from the grip, feeling his anger in his entire body. He wished he had some power to do something about it. To do something to save his mother, to save himself from that place. But apparently that place was going to be his prison for quite some time now. At least he could try and keep his mother safe.

Your life here is going to be a very boring and restricted one if you keep up this attitude. Some feistiness I will allow, I am not into completely compliant humans. But when it gets to become too much I will make sure you back down and remember your place."

"Fine ... You want me to behave and all that shit ... then give me the certitude that my mother will be safe no matter what. No harm should happen to her. And i will behave as you want" he managed to say keeping his back close to the chair as the other got nearer. "But i want you to keep your word. Cause if not ... I know i have no power whatsoever, but i can end my life any time i am alone, and you will no longer have your precious bottle of power blood" he added keeping eye contact. Defying him. More exactly, making a bargain.

There really was no denying how happy Alex was that Akita was able to walk him to work. It was after all better than the vampire leaving him at his apartment after he had managed to get him to spend the night with him. When Akita answered his question after quite a bit of silence had passed Alex was sure his face showed a little disappointment that Akita didn't seem to know the answer. Instead he was told that it was a good question, and that all he could remember is that they were told they were as old as time. It wasn't the answer he had been hoping for, but it was better than absolutely nothing he supposed so he nodded and tried to think of a different question to ask him.

"You told me you can't go to work with me because you had to go back to your quarters. Is that like a safe place where a bunch of vampires live? Hows that work?" Alex really was curious about the vampire world, but not as curious as many teenage girls probably would be in his very situation. As they walked and talked Alex nibbled on his bagel enjoying his breakfast while being walked to work. This was so strange, something that hadn't happened to him in so long but something that he was so easily enjoying in the end. He hadn't realized that he had missed someone in his life like this, that he had been lonely and wanting that type of companionship.

*~*~*~*~*

"Do you really think I am the only one who would have kidnapped you for my own selfish purposes? You should be happy I got to you first." Medive practically growled, his eyes narrowed slits and making it clear that his patience was being tested. That wasn't good for Sakura, but he'd give his pet a chance to make right what he was doing wrong before deciding the little human needed to be punished and reminded of his place.

An amused smirk crossed Medive's face when Sakura managed to grit out what he had to say. It was amusing to think that humans who were so weak and above all mortal could value another human. Especially one that was dying anyway, he'd probably be doing her a favor to leave her without her son and allow her to finally move on and stop fighting. But the clear reaction he got of the other, a son protecting his mother was by far the most amusing thing Sakura had done so far. Medive would be lying to say he didn't want to see more of that from the boy, but he was sure his amused face had also come off slightly cruel and it was for good reason. His mind was racing thinking of all the things he could do to end her quickly and truly make it so Sakura had no one but him.

A raised eyebrow was his response when Sakura began speaking, and it remained there until the man was thoroughly finished with what he had to say. "You think you're in any position to make a bargain with me?" Medive asked his voice making it clear that Sakura truly wasn't. "Unlike you, I will live long enough to see the birth and maturation of thousands of Shikon Jewels after you, if I lose you I can wait and try again and again. Your life means nothing." His voice as well as the sinister look on his face showed that he was not joking.

"However, I do love how fiesty you can be. So I'll humor you. I'll pay for your mother's medicine, make sure she has access to the best doctors in the world, move her into a nice one story home where she can live comfortably and make sure she is taken care of." Medive said setting a piece of paper and a pen down before Sakura. "All you need to do is write a letter, stating that all of this is from you. So that she'll accept my aid. You can say whatever you want in the letter, but if you so much as hint at the fact that you were taken against your will or that you're being held captive your mother dies. If you try to escape from here, she's done. You live here, with me, and be happy about it. Or I stop providing for her and let nature take it's course." He was not kidding, he was not going to make this easy for Sakura.

If the mortal wanted him to truly care for his mother, than it meant he had to meet all his conditions, and there were going to be a lot of them as years passed. "But who knows, maybe I'll let you see her once in awhile as a reward for being good." The words were purred into the other's ear, and it was clear that though he wasn't lying that he was teasing Sakura. Knowing he wanted to see his mother again. "Now start writing your letter if you agree to my terms."

"You told me you can't go to work with me because you had to go back to your quarters. Is that like a safe place where a bunch of vampires live? Hows that work?"

"You could say that" he said laughing. "Quarters is more than just a home. its a place where clans gather to discus different matters about other vampires that break the rules. The ones that attack innocent people and don't care to be seen by humans or stuff like that" he said thinking about their situation cause it was like that at the beginning. "But they discuss politics and peace treaty as well along with some powerful humans" he added getting closer to Alex so that he could whisper. "Some people know about us but keep it secret so that there wouldn't be panic or chaos"

*~*~*~*~*

"Do you really think I am the only one who would have kidnapped you for my own selfish purposes? You should be happy I got to you first."

At that information Sakura was confused. Were there other after him like Medive was? For the same purpose? How did he become something that he didn't want it?

"You think you're in any position to make a bargain with me?" "Unlike you, I will live long enough to see the birth and maturation of thousands of Shikon Jewels after you, if I lose you I can wait and try again and again. Your life means nothing."

Sakura smirked a little when the other started talking about his meaningful human life and how unimportant he was. if i am that unimportant why do you keep me locked here? Why wont you kill me already, he thought as he kept he eyes locked on the others. He thought of taking his life in that very moment, but he decided not to do. He was sure that the other would had found away to save him, only to punish him after because he did it.

"However, I do love how fiesty you can be. So I'll humor you. I'll pay for your mother's medicine, make sure she has access to the best doctors in the world, move her into a nice one story home where she can live comfortably and make sure she is taken care of."

Hope appeared in his eyes, sparkling in the dim light from that chamber. The sudden changed in the others mood did made him question the other's intentions but he still had to admit that Medive had caught his attention with what he was talking.

"All you need to do is write a letter, stating that all of this is from you. So that she'll accept my aid. You can say whatever you want in the letter, but if you so much as hint at the fact that you were taken against your will or that you're being held captive your mother dies. If you try to escape from here, she's done. You live here, with me, and be happy about it. Or I stop providing for her and let nature take it's course."

All this seemed so strange but the fact that his mother was going to be safe, the fact that all he did for the past years wasn't in vain and that she will be treated and cared till she will die of oldness. The only problem was the fact that he wasn't sure if he could trust the vampire. He wasn't sure if a paper would make the other submit to his terms and what he promised.

"But who knows, maybe I'll let you see her once in awhile as a reward for being good."

He took the pen in his hand looking at the blank paper in front of him, still not sure about it. But when the other told him that he would let him see her, that was all for him to decide. Decided to trust the vampire, giving up his fight to escape and accepting the whole captive thing.

"Now start writing your letter if you agree to my terms."

Biting his lips he started to think and to write to his mother. A few times he closed his eyes, wishing he could write what was actually happened, but he heard the other and how serious he was about all he had told him. He couldn't risk it. So he wrote a simple letter for his mother.

Dear Mom,

I'm fine so you don't need to worry. I didn't want to wake you up when i leaved because i knew you wouldn't had let me go.

I found a great job abroad and that's why i left without you knowing.

In the fallowing time you will receive different informations and stuff so you don't have to panic. They are for me.

I will come visit you as soon as i can.

Love you,

Alex

"Done" he said leaving the pen on the desk, sighing.

"Clans?" Alex repeated curiously, giving Akita a look that clearly stated he wanted the vampire to elaborate more on that. Hearing that they also discussed politics and treaties along with some powerful humans was also interesting to find out. "Do you really believe if humans found out that vampires existed there would be panic or chaos? I mean... things are different now. Don't you think we would be more accepting of your kind by now?" He asked curious how Akita felt about this. It was an interesting thing to think about, but he also didn't feel like this was something that had to be kept a secret from the world anymore.

That was of course his own feelings, and with how easily he had accepted that Akita was a vampire and that vampires existed he probably would feel that way. Then again it was hard to ignore the fact that vampires existed when one had fed from you, it made it quite hard to ignore. That was also coming from him when he had tried to convince himself it had all been a dream at first only to realize that it was in no way a dream. Upon that realization though he didn't feel fear, if anything it just made him wonder how many vampires he could have come into contact with without knowing growing up.

*~*~*~*~*

Watching Sakura's reactions as he spoke made Medive question if the human was going to comply with his conditions as well. But seeing him pick up the pen made him realize that the other was not only going to agree to his terms but was about to do as he had told him. He watched as his pet wrote the letter, when he finished Medive reached for the paper, not reading it himself and folded it before slipping it into an envelope. "Fantastic." He said, his voice made it clear he was pleased with Sakura and that he would keep his word.

"I'll have the letter delivered to her, and start funding her medical needs." Medive added after a moment slipping the letter onto the corner of his desk so he would not forget about it. Resting on the corner of his desk his orange gaze fell on his little pet once more and he gave him a pleased smile. "Now that I don't have to worry about you trying to run away from here, starting tomorrow you will be allowed to roam the mansion and it's grounds freely. But I must warn you to keep your distance from the fence on the perimeter. You see... my successful experiments live in the woods surrounding my property, they act as... sentinels so to speak. They are not very friendly and are quite dangerous. So for your safety, I must highly recommend not going within a foot of the fence. It keeps my enemies at bay and any lost humans from finding my property." This was important, he wanted to ensure that Sakura was safe, and wouldn't get hurt.

"Now that your mother is taken care of though, and we have made our conditions clear. There must be something that you want?" He was curious, surely Sakura wanted something. "Isn't there something you've always wanted for yourself. Something you could never have for one reason or another?" He asked as he reached out and gently turned the other's face so their gazes met.

"Clans?"

"Yes. There are multiple ranks of vampires" he said taking a deep breath to prepare himself for the next information he will say to Alex. "There are the Caramila, who are the nobility one and the highest in ranks. They are the ones that handle the politics and rules. Are careful that no vampire breaks them and get us exposed or vampires take over the human kind. They were the first ones, so they say" he rolled his eyes not liking them that much because they were the ones that were too afraid to interact with humans, others than the political ones. "Next are The Caitiff, they are as you humans call them, nomads. They don't belong to a place and fallow no rules. That's when they end up in a place they have to be supervised otherwise it will be blood shell" he continued. "Then there's my clan, the Malkavian. We are the insane ones. We do all the shit that the Caramila tells us. More like the Guards in this community so to say" he smiled amused. "And the last ones are the Tzimisce. Now this are the worst ones and more crazy then us. They are the spiritual leaders and scholars of the Sabbat. They study the magic of bone and flesh shaping. They think that humans exist only to be messed with and tortured in order for them to continually evolve themselves, although I think we all know its mostly about the torture" he said narrowing his eyes remember Medive fallowed the boy that Alex was the past days. "So the Caramila and us, are the ones keeping the balance in place and protect in a way the human kind" he added.

"Do you really believe if humans found out that vampires existed there would be panic or chaos? I mean... things are different now. Don't you think we would be more accepting of your kind by now?"

"As i told you. Not all vampires are human friendly. This hate goes for hundreds of years, way back when people burned them and murdered entire clans, although some of them were living in harmony and weren't killing humans to drink their blood" he shrugged then stopped for a moment, holding Alex by the hand. "If you ever find yourself with another vampire scream for me. We have a very sensitive hearing and if i am in the near i will come and save you. If not, run and try to call me" he said in a serious tone. "If you run they will fallow you but it will be a game to a vampire since we have super speed so he will not rush after you immediately, giving you a heads up first" he added keeping his eyes locked in the others. He didn't want to tell Alex about Medive and the boy he was with that night. It was too much to trouble Alex with.

*~*~*~*~*

"Now that I don't have to worry about you trying to run away from here, starting tomorrow you will be allowed to roam the mansion and it's grounds freely. But I must warn you to keep your distance from the fence on the perimeter. You see... my successful experiments live in the woods surrounding my property, they act as... sentinels so to speak. They are not very friendly and are quite dangerous. So for your safety, I must highly recommend not going within a foot of the fence. It keeps my enemies at bay and any lost humans from finding my property."

Not that made Sakura curious about what kind of experiments the other was doing and how where they turned into sentinels. Were they turned into other vampires and sired to him, doing every command he gave or what. He was in way glad that the other lose 'the collar around his neck' so to say, and was letting him out to roam around. Of course, it was a blackmailing. If he would try to escape his mother would be dead. And he did made a bargain with him. As a respond , he just nodded.

"Now that your mother is taken care of though, and we have made our conditions clear. There must be something that you want?"

"Isn't there something you've always wanted for yourself. Something you could never have for one reason or another?"

Those question took him out of guard. He never thought about it. He was always too busy to get his work done so that he could be payed so that he could buy his mother's medicine. He never had the time to think for something for himself. He kind of lost that thought long ago. Being lost in thoughts he let the other turn his gaze to his, looking him in the eyes. If he looked carefully he could see his own reflection in them. He had to admit that the touch of the other did feel strange on his skin. It wasn't that unpleasant as he thought it would be. On the contrary. It was pleasant, and that thing scared him a little.

"I never had the opportunity to think of that. I kind of lost the thought of me and what I want way long ago" he added in a low voice. "The fact that i will not be locked up anymore, can be included in something that i wanted" he shrugged.

As Akita was explaining the different clans to him, Alex was nibbling on his bagel and watching the streets before them. His interest was peaked when he heard Akita referring to one clan as his, hazel eyes turning to meet the other's gaze again. "How are you insane?" From the conversations they have had with each other at least today Akita seemed pretty sane to him. But that didn't mean there was more he wasn't or hadn't seen, more that was present most of the time that he just couldn't recall. Had he seen how insane Akita could be and just not remember? It was quite possible, at least he figured it was pretty possible. When he started to describe the last clan his stomach churned and he was sure he had paled a little, "That's awful." He muttered his mind now roving on these vampires. What they did to humans was... it was unspeakable really. Alex quite quickly came to realize that he didn't want to think about it, and thus shook his head slightly and focused on the fact that Akita was now answering his other question.

"I mean... I suppose I see your point there but... if people knew about vampires couldn't they find ways to protect themselves? Kind of make your job a little easier?" Alex asked clearly not really getting why vampires had to remain a secret. When Akita stopped for a moment and took his hand he stopped as well turning to face the other better. Their eyes had locked and he was a little stunned by what Akita was telling him, did the other think that another vampire would come after him? The thought did make his skin crawl, but what made a small sense of fear hit him was being told that if he did run that the vampire would consider it a game and give him a head start. Obviously assuming -and under normal circumstances be correct- that he wouldn't be able to get away. "Okay, I will." He said with a nod feeling a sense of unease, clearly Akita was telling him this for a reason. It was only about a block or so after that when they reached the bookstore, Alex could already tell that his ancient boss was there since the open sign was on already.

Sighing softly he turned back to Akita and smile at him, "Well, thank you for walking me to work." He was after all quite glad the vampire had agreed to do so. Before Akita had the chance to leave him though he leaned up to steal a quick kiss, flashing him a larger smile. "I'll see you later maybe?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Clearly indicating he would love to see Akita again soon, but not putting a specific time or even day on it.

*~*~*~*~*

Listening as Sakura spoke and explaining to him that he had lost the thought of him a long time ago made him chuckle softly. Leave it to him to steal the one Shikon Jewel that had no sense of himself and what he wanted, but instead had focused most of his life to someone else and what they wanted and needed. It was amusing to him, but he figured it would make keeping him happy that much easier. When he was told the fact that he wasn't locked up anymore could be included in something that he wanted he couldn't help but laugh softly. "I suppose it could be, but I think most of your kind would feel the same way. Could you name one person who would actually want to be or enjoy being locked up?" It was clear he was amused with the other, which was something that didn't happen very often or at all.

Despite that he let it go, "Very well then. At least you have free roam of the mansion and property. Well, as long as I don't want your company, or at night when you'll be expected to go back to your room and rest." There was a small part of Medive that felt bad that this human wasn't part of his experiments, he kind of wanted to see what he was able to take. But at the same time this was the Shikon Jewel, he shouldn't be testing what the mortal could take since his blood was too important to his overall goals. That was why even if he seemed as though he was being nice and out of character for a Tzimisce that he wasn't actually being soft. It just turned out that Sakura played a bigger more important role. One that meant he needed to keep the human exactly how he was, in one piece, not molded into something else. No matter how deeply disappointing that was turning out to be for him. Maybe he... could have some fun with his little human? He wasn't sure just yet, but he'd keep it in mind and continue to see how the other reacted to living here with him and his family.

"I mean... I suppose I see your point there but... if people knew about vampires couldn't they find ways to protect themselves? Kind of make your job a little easier?"

"If they find out it will be a war" he said shortly sighing. If the humans find out that there were vampires around them, they would group and start hunting them as they did hundreds of years before. They would be monsters, not that they weren't some of them, but still. They would never coexist together peacefully.

"Well, thank you for walking me to work.""I'll see you later maybe?"

Akita smiled when Alex kissed him but didn't made another move. "We'll talk later. You have my phone number on your phone. I add it while you were sleeping" he said winking and walking away. "Have a good day at work" he said waving at the other, making his way to the mansion.

*~*~*~*~*

"I suppose it could be, but I think most of your kind would feel the same way. Could you name one person who would actually want to be or enjoy being locked up?"

The guy hat some reason and truth in his words. Sakura couldn't think of anyone of that sort. But then again it wasn't about that. He didn't liked being in that place anyway, but he had to be happy with what he was given.

Very well then. At least you have free roam of the mansion and property. Well, as long as I don't want your company, or at night when you'll be expected to go back to your room and rest."

"Then do you still need me here or can i go?" he said keeping his gaze lower this time, trying to comply with what the other wanted. Being obedient.

Being told that if humans found out vampires existed it would be a war made Alex frown, he didn't want to believe that was true. Alex wholeheartedly wanted to believe that humans and vampires could coexist peacefully together with humans being aware that vampires truly existed. But he also understood why Akita felt that way, why other vampires probably felt that way. There were tons of stories about vampire hunters and how they for generations were trained to find and kill vampires, whole families were dedicated to such things. The thought of someone trying to hunt down and kill Akita truly upset Alex, so he decided he had dwelled on it enough for one day and shook his head pushing the thoughts aside. "Maybe some day... or century things will be different. Both races could live in harmony, side by side, humans aware of the existence of vampires. But I understand that now is not that era."

His curiosity was peaked when Akita said that they would talk later, adding he had his phone number in his phone. Alex had been just about to open his mouth and argue that he didn't but Akita had continued letting him know he had put his number in his phone while he was sleeping. This of course made him give the other a small shy smile, but he was glad that Akita had given him his number which clearly showed he wouldn't mind if Alex contacted him. For a moment he watched the other walk away before sighing and stepping into the bookstore being greeted with the familiar ring of the bell.

Alex finished eating his bagel as he was pulling books from online orders and getting ready to ship them out. It was a quiet day in the store, being just the two of them, the ancient old man that was his boss in the back in his office making no noise. Alex occasionally checked in on him to make sure that he was still alive, he had that small fear that the old man would end up dying at the store and he would truly hate being the person to find him like that. But he also knew the man was fierce and strong willed and hated any idea of retiring. Anyone who tried telling him he needed to ended up with him yelling at them and you never seeing them in the store again. That was one of many reasons why his children and his grandkids no longer came by the store, not that Alex particularly minded.

*~*~*~*~*

Medive considered it for a moment, did he really want to let Sakura roam already? Doing so would only end up pleasing his little human, but for some reason that thought made a small smirk cross his face. "Yeah okay. Go ahead and go explore." Medive finally agreed with a small nod and smile, giving Sakura a soft pat on the head before he got up and moved over to a filing cabinet in the corner of his study and started to file some papers away. It was weird really, the affection he felt towards his little pet after such a short period of time, not to mention considering the fact that he was human. But there was something about him, even more than the fact that he was the shikon jewel that made Medive feel attached to him.

That was not only an interesting but sickening thought. His teachings and own personal feelings made him feel a little sick for having any sort of attachment to a human. He'd have to do his best to make sure that he didn't show this affection very much if at all. Once Sakura had left he settled himself at his desk and started to work on a few things, mainly his plans for using his human's blood to tip the scales and make vampires the dominant race, something he felt was long overdue.

Akita went back to the mansion, trying to ignore the feeling of possible trouble that he got himself into. But he just couldn't keep things from Alex. He wanted the other to know about him. It was the first human that showed interest in him and was not afraid of him anymore. And he was in a strange sort, attracted to him.

Entering the mansion, he went straight to his room and took a shower. Yes, vampire used the shower like every normal person. They needed to be clean like any other person. After the shower, he changed in new clothes and sat on the bed, looking at the ceiling thinking that maybe he should have said something about the other boy being chased by a Tzimisce, but he thought that the boy would freak out and wouldn't stop till he wanted to know where they were and find out if the other was safe. Maybe he was selfish not wanting Alex to find out and not chase after something that was already lost.

*~*~*~*~*

"Yeah okay. Go ahead and go explore."

He nodded his head as the other patted him on the head, feeling a little strange, but then walked to the big wooden doors, taking a deep breath before going out on the dark corridor. It was like a labyrinth which he didn't noticed before when he came with the other young vampire. Wandering around, not knowing where he was because he forgot where his room was and on which floor, he thought that the best way was to step down the stairs until he reached a great hall.

Looking around he noticed that he was all alone and in front of him was the entrance door. He wasn't sure at first if he wanted to go outside, but then he decided and opened the door, feeling the cold air as soon as he stepped pass the entrance, finding himself outside. The place was huge, with big gardens and ales around the house, and further by the edge of the land, there was the forest that Medive told him about.

He started to walked towards the gardens liking the breeze and the smell of flowers. As he was walking he was lost in thoughts about his mother and if she would believe the note he wrote it. He hopped so. Than another thought came to his mind. Something that Medive asked him. Something that he wanted. He never thought about it before. What did he want? he started to ask himself as he was wondering around the flowers ornaments.

Alex ended up finding his shift to be particularly boring, standing at the register, leaning against the counter with his head resting in one hand and staring blankly at the store. Even though this wasn't completely unusual, it just wasn't enough to keep him entertained like he normally made it work. Any other time he'd go out of his way to find something to do in order to keep busy and conitnue to make time go by quickly, but he wasn't feeling it. Akita was still on his mind and what he had said about the clans was also running through his head. It also made him realize that Akita had apparently picked him out of him and Sakura. For some reason that fact had never occurred to him before, that the night Akita had appeared in his apartment was also the night he had walked home with his old friend. Had that been why Sakura had acted weird before that and he had found him acting strange in the alley? Had he sensed what he hadn't? That someone was there, and watching him?

Those questions made him stand up straight suddenly, and remembering that Akita had put his number in his phone made him pull out the device. It was easy for him to find the other's number and he was typing up a message soon after curiously asking him what had made him decide to follow him home that night versus his friend. Alex had never considered himself anything special, and certainly not so when compared to his old friend as the other at least had a more outgoing personality than he did. But at the same time, was it even things like that a vampire paid attention to? He doubted it. This whole thing made him try to remember more from that night.

*~*~*~*~*

Figuring that Sakura had left to explore and would probably be busy with that most of the night and thus leave him occupied. This worked for Medive, since it would allow him to get some work done that was not to be done in front of his little pet. Not because it was anything he thought that he had to hide from him, but because he didn't want the little human getting in his way or causing trouble. Leaving his office he set off, but he made sure to remind Jonah that he needed to feed their little human around noon and again later that day. He wanted to make sure Sakura was eating all his meals after all, and there was no guarantee that he would be back before nightfall to make sure that he was tended to.

"Make sure he's back in his room by ten as well. I don't know when I'll be back." Medive mentioned as he turned to face Jonah at the gates. "Keep an eye on everything, and don't lay a hand on my pet." Waiting until Jonah had made that promise he slipped through the gates and was gone. Some of the things he tended to were nowhere near his home, to ensure that if discovered, it wouldn't bring anyone to his door. Which was extremely important to him, since he absolutely hated uninvited guests knocking on his door.

His phone buzzed, notifying him that he recieved a message. Pulling out his phone from his pants and looking at it, he remained gazing at the screen not knowing what to write. He really didn't want to tell Alex the truth. It would had been too harsh on him. He couldn't tell him that he fallowed him by accident because he thought it was the other one and when he realized he was mistaken he still continued. That meant Alex would felt like the second option.

Taking a deep breath he tried to write something that was only half the truth. What the other didn't knew it wouldn't hurt him. So he started to write that he fallowed him finding him interesting and that way he laded on his apartment. It was kind of the truth, beside the fact that the smell of the shikon was all around him at that time, but he did found him interesting.

*~*~*~*~*

Sakura was relaxed. A moment in those days where he really felt relaxed and not tense anymore. The fact that the other let him stay out was a plus. He was just turning back to the house when he saw in the distance how Medive went away towards the woods and gates. wondering where he is going in such a rush, he thought reaching the stairs and entering the hall. He stood in the hall for a few minutes, trying to figure out where his room was. now how do i get back there?