Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

"Do we really have to go this early?" he mumbled in his arms not wanting to get up yet. It was still pretty early. The sun just got up which meant that it was around 7 in the morning. He really wanted to rest more in his arms and after a soft kiss like that who wouldn't want it.

"5 more minutes please" he asked holding Jonahs shirt in his hand, not wanting him to go just yet. "Now that i'm feeling much better just 5 more minutes like this please" he added pinning his body to his resting his head further on his shoulder.

Akita hummed in the kiss, returning it as he smiled. Taking a deep breath he stretched his arms letting one of them to land on the others waist keeping him close. "I love to be woken up like this" he whispered still with his eyes closed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

"We should." Jonah said when he was asked if they really had to go this early. The sooner they started the more time they'd have to search before night fell once again. It seemed that Sakura was not very willing to move though and was instead holding his shirt tightly in his grip and asking for another 5 minutes. Before he could even respond the other vampire was pinning himself to him more and putting his head on his shoulder more.

A small amused smile appeared on his face, "You're not giving me much of an option here. You're being far too cute to refuse." He admitted. It was really hard to deny the vampire when he was behaving like that and he really wasn't that excited about getting up anytime soon anyway. Relaxing against the bed he tightened his arm around Sakura to keep him close and allowed his eyes to drift shut once more. "Just 5 more minutes though." Jonah told the other.

"We could make it a habit." Alex mused with a smile though he was glad that Akita had acted positively to being woken up. The arm around his waist made him happy as he rested his head on the other's chest for a moment before tilting his head up to give the other vampire another kiss. "It definitely makes mornings much better." He admitted with a soft laugh after breaking the kiss again.

After a few more minutes he stand up with a sigh looking at him and in the room. They really had to get ready for the trip.

"I'm up now" he said sliding out of bed starting to pack some clothes for the trip. "I think we will have to take some blood bags with us too. I don't feel like hunting" he said looking at Jonah as he was finishing his backpack. he took a few pairs of jeans and shirts.

"I thought it was already a habit" said Akita laughing kissing him one more time before he got out of bed stretching his muscles starting to dress up for the way. "It sure it does" he smiled kissing him one more time after he got fully dressed. "Get dressed and let's eat something in the kitchen. Plus, we have to see the others too" he pointed to the door waiting for him to change clothes.

Jonah honestly wasn't even keeping track of time but he did know that when Sakura finally decided that they should get up and get ready he had lost every piece of motivation he had previously had. It was quite reluctantly that he was pulling himself out of bed and changing his clothes, packing a small bag with clothes for himself and listening as Sakura said that they should pack blood bags as well that he didn't feel like hunting. That was a little concerning to him right off since Sakura had only gone hunting once since being a vampire and Medive had said it had gone so well. "I guess we could pack blood bags." He said with a nod though his reluctance to allow Sakura to avoid hunting was clear.

Medive had been up for awhile and was already in the kitchen, sitting at the bar with his laptop in front of him and some tea with a bit of blood mixed in. Already having started booking planes for everyone to the destination they'd be going to and knowing that he'd be running solo on this. It wasn't like he expected Sakura and Jonah to part and he didn't feel that there needed to be a team of three as it'd probably just slow matters down even more. He also had cards loaded with money for everyone to make travel once at their destination and somewhere to stay easy and quick. The funds he had for everyone should be more than enough to hold them all over until they were do to return and discuss their findings.

"Well... maybe it is when you're the one waking me up." Alex mused. "But I could get into the habit of getting up before you just to kiss you awake." The younger vampire added with a pleased smile. What made that smile disappear was Akita getting up and him being told to get dressed and ready. "Aw! Do we have to!" He whined though he was already out of bed by the time he had finished doing that and was slipping into fresh clothes making sure his bag was still packed and ready to go. After he was done he moved over to Akita so they could head downstairs to the kitchen together and get some blood before their busy day started.

In a few minutes they were all in the kitchen now, looking to one another. Sakura smiled at Akita saluting him with a slow motion of his head and then looked at Alex doing the same thing. It was so strange to see him again after that incident. he does seem changed, he thought more to himself but it flew through the connection he had with Jonah.

"Guess we all need a refill on the blood" said Akita laughing as he reached the fridge since they were the closet ones and threw two bags to Sakura and Jonah, and then giving one to Alex. He looked at Medive waiting for the vampire to say something but he was silent. "So ... how and where do we go?"

An amused look appeared on Medive's face when everyone seemed to appear in the kitchen at the same time. Akita and Alex had no sooner walked into the kitchen and made it to the fridge when Sakura and Jonah had walked in. Shaking his head for a moment he returned to the preparations he was making when he finally heard Akita ask him how and where they were going to go. "Well... since you have the most history in London I thought you and Alex could start there. I've already booked your plane and have a rental car ready for when you arrive." Medive replied tossing one of the pre-loaded cards to Akita. "There is more than enough money on there for you guys to travel to wherever your journey might take you and to pay for places to stay as well as any other expense that may come up." When he finished explaining that he turned to Jonah and Sakura.

"You two are going to follow what little information we got from Micheal. He told us her name and what she was known for. I was able to find the name of a small town where she seemed to have grown up as a human and may have returned to as a vampire. You can start your research there. I've already prepared a flight for you guys as well and a rental car." He paused at that point and was closing the laptop after shutting it down slipping it into his own bag. Then he was tossing them one of the two remaining cards. "I'm heading to Oxford to check some of their old books for information and will also try to track information down from my own collection." Medive finished explaining. "We should meet back here when our investigations have finished or you've reached a dead end. First ones here can alert the others and so on until we have all returned." Medive didn't want to give anyone a time limit because he had no idea where their investigations would take them or how long they'd be tracking down information before they either succeeded and got a breakthrough or failed and hit a dead end.

Alex glanced towards Sakura when he gave him the sort of greeting but just nodded his own head in greeting before his eyes were moving to Medive who was explaining what they were going to do. Well, at least they got to travel even if it was for business of some sort. He had to admit that the idea of trying to hunt something down that was so old was actually really interesting and made him excited. Feeling as though there was a lot that they could uncover from this and not just about Sakura and what awaited the other vampire.

Jonah glanced towards Alex when he heard what Sakura had thought about him. 'So it seems.' He responded through their bond despite figuring that Sakura may not have meant for him to hear that. But appearances could be deceiving and he still didn't fully trust the other vampire. Jonah wasn't sure he ever would trust him completely again.

Hearing the plan Akita nodded taking the card knowing very well how all worked. It wasn't the first time he did some diggings for Medive so he was going to be fine. On the other side, Sakura was confused not understanding something.

"You're not coming with us" he said frowning feeling uneased. "Wha-... Are you sure? I mean ... you'll be alone" he said stepping closer to him feeling scared for him. He didn't want something bad to happen to him.

Alex was glancing over Akita's shoulder at the card he had been given not really finding like they were given much to go off of to begin with. Just the town and that was it? They'd have a lot of digging to do for sure. His gaze moved from Akita and the card loaded with money before to Sakura who had moved towards Medive and was clearly expressing his concern that the other vampire was going out on his own instead of in one of the groups. It caused him to roll his eyes a little feeling that if any of them were well suited to do this alone it'd be Medive.

Medive smiled at Sakura and his concern. "I'll be fine, but you and Jonah have a lot to do and we have a lot of information to try to find." Medive said reaching out and gently resting his hand on the other's cheek giving him a loving smile before leaning in to give him a kiss. "How about this... if you and Jonah come to a dead end before me give me a call and I'll tell you guys where to meet up with me and we'll continue together. I'll do the same if I hit a dead end and haven't heard from you guys. So in the end the three of us will end up together. Deal?" He felt like this was the best compromise he could make. There was too much information they needed to find and track for them to be a group of three. He had even considered for a moment of sending everyone off on their own but had quickly realized that wouldn't be a good idea and had reevaluated their approach. Turning to address everyone he spoke again, "We need to head to the airport to get our tickets. Our flights all leave at relatively the same time."

Sakura nodded not caring that Alex was rolling his eyes. He really was changed than before but he was glad that he passed the freaked moment of his obsession with him. Taking a deep breath he took card that Medive cave them and returned next to Jonah. "Then we'll keep in touch" he said looking at all of them before taking Jonahs hand and heading to the car outside.

Akita accepted the card and all the needed information and took Alex hand heading outside to his own car. "Keep in touch" he said too as he started the engine and drove to the airport to take their flight tickets.

Medive followed Jonah and Sakura out of the house and towards the car telling the pair he'd drive the three of them to the airport. Give them a bit more time together before spending who knew how long apart. Once they were all settled he started the drive to the airport. When they arrived he paid for the car to remain there in the garage until their return and then lead the way inside getting everyone's tickets and handing them out. He leaned down to give Sakura another kiss before doing the same to Jonah. "Good luck you two. I'll see you guys soon." He said offering them a smile before leaving them to get to his gate not wanting to miss his plane.

Alex followed Akita out of the building and back to the car slipping into his seat so Akita could drive them to the airport. Their arrival was met with joining the others back inside to get their tickets before they were all parting ways again to get to their correct gates. Turning to Akita he gave the other a slightly uneasy look. "I'm not a fan of flying... or heights..." Alex decided to admit feeling extremely uneasy about the whole idea of flying even if he knew that they had to in order to get to their destination. Alex hated the idea of being in a plane, or any high places for that matter.

Smiling Akita took his hand and kissed the back of it. "I'll be with you and you don't need to look out the window. It's not the same as climbing a mountain or a tree. Its much safer" he said smiling boarding to their plane, taking their seat, Akita sitting at the one from the window to not let Alex look outside and freak out.

Sakura smiled looking as Medive was going to his gate till he was lost in the crowd. Turning to look at Jonah he sigh. "Guess we should get going" he said lifting the plane tickets in the air, not too enthusiastic of the trip but they had too. And he was lucky to be with Jonah. He was just worried for Medive.

The anxiety he felt about flying was eased for the moment when his hand was taken and Akita was kissing the back of it. Being told that he didn't need to look out the window and that it wasn't the same as climbing a mountain or tree didn't ease his anxiety though. It didn't matter if this was much safer or not, he still didn't like the idea. Allowing himself to be lead onto the plane he was glad that Akita took the window seat, leaving him to sit beside the other vampire and take in a shaky breath. "I'm still not sure about this." Alex murmured as he glanced around the plane. Taking in another breath to calm his nerves he leaned back in the seat and let his eyes drift shut. Maybe if he stayed like that the whole time he wouldn't come to realize how high they were and could make it through the flight.

"We should." Jonah agreed taking the other's hand and leading the way towards their gate. He could sense it through their bond, the worry that Sakura had for Medive. Giving the other vampire a knowing look as they were taking their seats he kept his hand on his. "Medive will be fine. If any of us could do this alone it's him." He said softly not wanting Sakura to worry about the older vampire. Medive was also the only one who would be able to translate the older texts so it made sense that he was the one who went where he did and went alone. "We'll meet up with him or he'll come meet up with us. I doubt we'll be separated for long." Jonah added.