An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

“For me? Thank you. Soon you will be able to weave the most gorgeous basket and any mate would be happy to have you when you’re older. That and I suppose with practice you will make a fierce hunter to be rivaled and sought for” Ash said, wanting to believe the little guy would grow up to be one anyone would want to mate with. Show any doubters wrong even if he was an air headed distracted child. Ren will be something extraordinary!

“Me as well, I want us all to get along and be good friends. Perhaps the tribe might let us move a bit closer as we have proven ourselves and gained the trust of a few of them” Tenmo smiled warmly as he gave the other a peck on the cheek. Perhaps the more friendly they can be with Ash and Ren along with the tribe, the more likely they will be able to ask Ash and Ren to come with them

Ren was doing his best to focus on what Ash was saying, telling him about how he'd be able to make the most gorgeous basket when he was older. How any mate would be happy to have him. The mention of being a fierce hunter to be rivaled and sought after made him happy too a big smile appearing liking to think that he'd be a great hunter. After finishing another drawing Ren was turning his attention to Ash, "Why don't you have a mate?" He asked suddenly.

"Possibly. We could ask an elder about it. With their approval it should be fine." Kaine replied at the mention of possibly moving closer to the village. Happily leaning into his husband side as he watched the other two. "They're really cute together." Kaine mused with a smile.

Ash blinked at the sudden question, surprised the other asked so suddenly. “Well...you see...sometimes you don’t find the right mate you want to be with for life. Or sometimes the ancestors make you seek out..a different kind of mate...” He said quietly, looking away from Ren and back towards Kaine and Tenmo quick before looking away. Sure, woman of the tribe were a beauty but none made him happy. He focused on other endeavors but knew he had a yearning for a mate that was not a woman

“I am sure they will not object..Maybe even see it as extra protection or help while we get on their good side” He smiled as he watched the two boys seeming to look at him before Ash seemed to look away shyly. “Seems they are talking about us possibly..” He chuckled, wondering what they were talking about

"A different kind of mate?" Ren repeated confused by that. Not getting what other kind of mate the ancestors could have in store for him. Ren did notice that Ash had looked towards Kaine and Tenmo his eyes following and looking over the pair but it still did nothing to help him figured it out. Not realizing that it was a relationship luge theirs that Ash was seeking, craving. Turning his gaze back to Ash he moved too climb into his lap. "You'll find someone." Ren said softly not normally one for such topics.

"We would be some good extra protection." Kaine mused with a smile. Attention drawn to Ash and Ren when Tenmo said if seemed like the pair could potentially be talking about them. "Wonder what they're discussing." He said thoughtfully. "I hope they agree. Our house will be much better with them around." Kaine added.

“Yes...I hope so too...a man like they have..” Ash said quietly as he had this sort of envious feeling and adoration for the outsiders Tenmo and Kaine. They were able to be together without any issues, no worries of being able to continue their genetics or expectations seemingly. They were perfectly happy as two male mates together. They both treated Ren kindly..they were simply amazing.

“It would be interesting...” Tenmo said with a small nod. “I am sure our packs merging will help them become fine young men and help adjust to a new society for them. Otso did always want a kitten...If Brian doesn’t get him one” He had to tease with a small smile to Kaine

It made sense to Ren what Ash had meant by saying that the ancestors had a different kind of mate in store for him when Ash said that he hoped he'd find someone too a man like they did while looking at the other pair. He hoped that Ash would find that person too, leaning his head against the other's chest and just enjoying being close to him. "I'm sure you will." Ren said it with such certainty for a child who truly didn't know if Ash would or not that it seemed like it was impossible not to happen.

"I agree." Kaine said with a nod knowing the merging between the pack and coven was even better now since it would help the pair adjust better. "I don't quite think this is the type of kitten he had in mind but he will definitely like them." He said with a soft laugh knowing that Otso would like the pair. The other wolf seemed to like everyone for the most part until given a reason not to and he was sure or at least hoped that neither Ash nor Ren would give the other a reason for him not to like them. "It's getting late... we should go talk to an elder about moving closer to the village." Kaine said as he was slowly getting up and holding his hand out to Tenmo to help his husband up as well.

“You’re a sweet boy Ren” Ash smiled, his tail swaying happily as he fuzzed the others hair. He really was a put soul, even if he caused more trouble than he was worth half the time. He was a sweet lovable child and he only wished more people could see his true potential. He wanted to make sure Ren had a fulfilling healthy life.

“I agree, we will want to move our tent now if given permission before it gets too dark. And you still need to feed if you didn’t while we were hunting” Tenmo smiled, holding the others hand gently. He made his way towards one of the elders they interacted with earlier

Wrapping his arms around the other's waist Ren nuzzled happily into Ash's chest. Loving being so close his eyes drifting shut as he just sat there cuddling up to the other man. Ren enjoyed these little moment together, it was nice to just relax with the man who took care of him all the time. Deep down he knew he was a lot to handle and that he was often trouble for Ash. The fact that the other man took such good care of him despite all of that just meant more to him.

Following Tenmo over to one of the elders they had spoken with earlier he was respectful in asking the other if they had a moment to speak with them. "We were wondering if it wouldn't be much trouble to the village if we could move our camp closer?" Kaine asked not wanting to encroach and push their luck too much considering they had just gotten in good graces with the village this morning.

Ash held him close while the other was nuzzling up to him. All the hard work and attention he had to give was worth it for moments like this. To be able to be muzzled and hugged so affectionately was all he could ever want! He was the most precious gift he could ask of the ancestors even if he could never try my find the perfect mate in this tribe. He had Ren..so he was happy

The elder was giving advice to one of the tribes warriors about how to progress the hunt they were seeking to do. The other left as Kaine was asking for a moment to speak, letting him ask his question. “Quite an odd question coming so suddenly but you seem to have struck a cord with a few members already. Do be careful though of your surroundings but there is a small clearing that might fit your tent fairly easily to the west of here. Ren does often like to go there when he wanders off” The elder chuckled

Ren was more than happy to stay cuddled up to Ash. "I love you, Ash." Ren said softly already falling asleep in the other's arms. It was a place felt safe and comfortable, always finding it easy to sleep with Ash. It didn't take him long to fall asleep, curling up more in Ash's lap.

Kaine knew that it was a bit of a sudden and odd question considering they had just earned any sort of trust with the village. Being given permission and told where they could set up camp did make his face brighten. "Thank you. Well be careful of our surroundings and set up in the clearing." Kaine figured it would make the village happier with their presence to know exactly where they were going to be. And it was nice of the elder to suggest a location for them.

Ash’s heart skipped a beat when Ren said he loved him all cute like that. He was glad he said he would help in his care that day. The love of an innocent child was greater than any boar meat he could ever eat! “I love you too Ren..” He said softly, rubbing the others back softly. He would do anything to keep this little one safe..

The elder bowed his head and Tenmo bowed his own in return. He started walking off towards their tent to clean it up and begin the move. “We are really getting through to them..” He said with a happy sigh. He sure didn’t want to get his hopes up but he couldn’t help it. He would be happy at the prospect of two children with Kaine

"Indeed. We're making great progress." Kaine agreed with a smile. It didn't take them long to arrive at where they had made camp the night before. Instantly they set to work pushing everything up to move to the new location. When they made it to the clearing the elder had recommended Kaine had to admit it was a nice little place Ren had found to run off to. "This place is perfect for our camp." Kaine said looking around the clearing more.

“It is perfect” Tenmo said with a grin, able to easily set up their tent on the edges of the clearing. “We will have to keep an eye out for a certain little stow away if they come by the tent. Make them feel welcome and happy with us. Watch, we will wake up and Ren will be there cuddled in a little ball” He laughed as he was setting the inside up for them

Kaine laughed softly at the mention of them possibly waking up with Ren curled up in a little ball with them. He was amused but knew that Tenmo was probably right. "I don't doubt that we will. At least Ash won't have to worry as much since we'll be nearby to help look after Ren. It's probably been awhile since he's had any help with him." Kaine replied after setting up their things inside the tent. He was getting comfortable to lie down and get some sleep. It hadn't taken night long to creep up on them.

“I am sure Ren will come to us first before he wandered off. Or just stay in this area in general since it’s a clearing and a lot of animals will come here probably so Ren might come here. Okay, let’s get some rest before I ramble all night” He chuckled as he laid down, waiting for him. He hoped tonight’s dreams would be full of imagining his life with the two to give him even more motivation. Don’t give up hope..he can do this!

Kaine had to agree with Tenmo but he said nothing more as he got comfortable beside his husband in the tent. It didn't take him long at all to fall asleep happily pressed against the other. At some point that night Ren had made his way to their camp, following their now familiar scents. He was more than a little pleased that they were in his favorite spot. Nuzzling his way into the tent he was quick to find a place to curl up. Pressing himself between the pair and walking in a circle to get comfortable before lying down. Wrapping his tail loosely around himself he let his eyes drift shut again. Finding that he really enjoyed being able to sleep by the pair. It had been too long since he had felt the presence of two people while he slept and he found himself needing it.

Tenmo has felt a smaller warmer presence in his sleep that night between him and Kaine. He instinctively curled himself around Kaine and Ren, holding them close to him. He nuzzled them both before falling still again back into a deep sleep. He had woken up rather early to Kaine and Ren in his arms, the sight all too adorable. He dared not move as he closed his eyes again, wanting to enjoy the moment for a bit longer

Kaine was only briefly aware of the small body slipping between him and Tenmo in the middle of the night. After shifting slightly to accommodate the new body he was soon asleep again. Waking up in the morning he found himself and Ren in Tenmo's arms a smile assisting on his face. It take was cute and the small body was curled up in a tight little ball. Reaching out he carefully pet the small feline head before turning his gaze to his husband. Even if Ren would need to learn to sleep in his own bed Kaine found that he could really get used to waking up with both of them in bed.

Tenmo finally made himself wake up, smiling softly at Kaine. “He is adorable..” He said quietly as he nuzzled the top of the sleeping Rens head. “Poor little thing..” He said as he wondered when was the last time he has done this with two people? He probably missed this terribly and it hurt his heart to think of it. “I’m going to get us all breakfast..” He said quietly, making him separate from the pair

"He really is." Kaine agreed with a smile and little nod. Ren sleeping between them really was adorable and he didn't mind waking up to him being there. "Hurry back." Kaine replied as he watched Tenmo slip away from them to go hunting for breakfast. He was wrapping his arms more firmly around the little body and pulling Ren closer so the small child could continue to sleep. Ren coming to sleep with them showed how much he must have been seeking something like this especially since they had not known them for very long.

It wasn't long after Tenmo had left that Ren was stirring in his arms. Little feline head poking out of his arms and looking sleepily up at Kaine caused the vampire to smile down at him. Ren was happy to greet Kaine with a gentle nuzzle before he was wiggling free and stretching. A moment later he was returning to Kaine's arms though seemingly happy to cuddle there for now. Kaine let them rest like this for awhile before he ushered them both out of the tent and into the fresh morning air.

Tenmo found Ash Hunting himself, looking at each other. Ash seemed to tilt his head as if to ask is Ren with him and Tenmo nodded in confirmation. Ash smiled with a soft nod before they both ended up hunting together. “Want to eat with us?” Tenmo offered, Ash nodding so they both tried to find one of the bigger boars for all four of them. They managed to get something they thought would work before dragging it back to the clearing. “Ash is jointing is for breakfast” He said with a smile, plopping the boar down in the middle of the clearing while Ash stood beside him

Keeping little Ren occupied in the clearing he glanced up at the sound of approaching feet. His eyes landing on Tenmo and Ash who had returned with a pretty large boar. "Sounds great." Kaine said with a smile Ren quickly running over to say a good morning to Ash. Rubbing himself against the other's legs and purring happily. "Hopefully you weren't worried this morning when you woke up without Ren." Kaine told Ash hoping that the other hadn't panicked to wake up without the little boy.

Ash let out a low purr, happy to see Ren was content and safe after having slept in the outs-Kaine and Tenmos tent. He looked up when Kaine had started to speak about Ren wandering off in the middle of the night. "I was a bit worried so I was coming here first after I had heard your tent had been moved here. Tenmo reassured me he was here and I was less worried" He spoke a bit more shyly that he was so quick to accept Ren was safe with strangers when he had wandered off this time.

"Don't worry, I am sure Ren was a wonderful boy while we were out hunting. He is quite adorable when he was sleeping. I am sure you quite enjoy watching him sleep" Tenmo chuckled as he looked to a cute little purring Ren at Ash's legs

It was sweet that Ash had grown less worried about Ren after being told that he was here with him when Ash had run into Tenmo this morning. At least the boy had been safe and instead of running off into the woods alone had come here where they had been camping. Kaine wasn't exactly sure what had made Ren decide to crawl into bed with them and stay but it was better than running off into the woods and possibly into danger again. "I'm glad he came here instead of going out there alone." Kaine said motioning towards the woods. "Oh he was! He stayed put and was more than happy to remain curled up in bed until I thought we had laid there enough and should come out into the fresh air." He laughed.

Ren was smiling up at Ash lifting himself up on his hind legs wrapping his little front legs around Ash to give the other a lick on the cheek in a kiss. "I like their tent! It's warm in there and I got to wiggle between them!" Ren told Ash about how he had managed to sneak in and push his way between the pair. It hadn't seemed to bother either of them when he had done so and he missed having a body on both sides of him. Turning to look at the boar they had caught he sat himself back down. "I wanna go hunting!" He complained lightly.

Ash smiled warmly at how happy Ren had seemed being able to sleep between the two of them. "Well, I am glad you had a good night Ren" He said with a warm smile, kissing the top of the others head. He heard Ren frustrated he didnt get to go hunt, wondering if he would be able to handle himself. "Tenmo...Can you go hunting with Ren...?" He asked quietly, hoping Tenmo will help him hunt and keep a good eye on him since he seemed to adore the other.

Tenmo was a bit surprised at the offer, nodding softly. "All right, I will while you stay with Kaine" He told Ash before looking down at Ren. "Ready to go hunt?" He said with a big grin, happy to be taking him out on the hunt.