An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Ren was more than happy to eat until his tummy was full at which point he was just lying there next to Ash. At the mention of the other two his green eyes moved over to the pair, "I like them!" Ren happily responded at the mention of falling asleep on the other. He had been warm and comfortable and at no point had he gotten the feeling of needing to be on edge or worried. They both had been nothing but nice to him. Turning his gaze back to Ash as he felt the other's tongue cleaning him off causing him complain and say he was clean though he did try to return the favor. When he finished his bright eyes were looking up at Ash, "Don't you like them?" He asked wondering if the other didn't feel the same way about the two strangers as he did.

"Should be." Kaine replied as he knelt down to check and make sure that there was enough blood in the animal for him to eat. Animal blood definitely wasn't his meal of choice but considering where they were and all it was his only one. Knowing he couldn't feed from Tenmo all the time and always doing his best to not get into the habit of doing so to begin with. He was careful to find a spot that he was sure would still do well in allowing him to drink his fill before he was sinking his fangs in listening as Tenmo commented on Ren being a cute kid. Eyes moved towards the other two as he was finishing up pulling away and wiping away any blood that may have been left behind. "I actually wanted to talk to you about Ren and Ash." Kaine admitted as he turned his attention back to Tenmo.

"I was talking to an elder about Ren and what had happened to his parents, about what happened to orphan children and all. Ren has no family left here, Ash took him on and has been caring for him but if it hadn't been for that he would have been left on his own to pretty much live or die." Kaine informed his husband. "I know we had discussed prior to this trip the possibility of adopting... the elder mentioned that Ash wouldn't let Ren go anywhere without him so it'd be taking the pair not just Ren." Kaine paused for a minute to see if his husband was following and realizing where he was going with this. "We'd have to see if Ren and Ash even want to go but... the elder said he wouldn't stand in our way if it was what we all wanted." With that Kaine ended what he was saying. That maybe they could adopt Ren and take Ash with them so that the child still had the other and Ash still had Ren but getting the child to a place where his way of life may be better. Giving him the family he didn't have here and even giving Ash some freedom back to his life by taking them both.

“It’s just....strange” Ash said quietly as Ren was looking up at him with those cute innocent curious eyes. “It’s just weird for outsiders to just suddenly appear and be as nice as they are. How nice they are just...surprises me” He praises his words carefully. “Why would they go out of their way to save someone that isn’t one of their own..but if it weren’t for them..” He said quietly, curling around Ren. Those two..if it weren’t for them...The very thought made him uncomfortable.

Tenmo looked up with dad puppy eyes at hearing arena and Ash’s story. The poor boy..no family of his own...his heart strings were being tugged terribly hard at it. He slowly started to get the idea, tail thumping like a crazed hummingbird. They...Kaine actually poised the idea..of adopting the two boys...His eyed started to tear up a bit, pouncing happily up on his chest with a big smile

"I like how nice they are." Ren replied when Ash said that how nice the two strangers were surprised him. He liked it, not getting to meet any new people since the village was very much secluded. It was nice to be able to meet strangers and have them be as nice as the pair was. Curling up with Ash he buried his little face in the other's neck hearing what was said next. Ren had no idea why the pair had saved him but he knew that he was very thankful for it. He couldn't imagine not being here with Ash and knew how much it would have hurt the older man. "Can't people be nice even if they don't know each other?" Ren asked softly not feeling like their kindness was something odd.

Kaine could tell that Tenmo was getting what he meant and a moment later the large wolf was pouncing up on his chest with that big goofy smile that he loved seeing. A smile appearing on his face since he could tell from the look that was on Tenmo's that he really was up for the idea. Wrapping his arms loosely around the fuzzy body of his husband he leaned down enough to kiss his muzzle. "It'll be a big change going from no kids in the house to having Ren and Ash running around but... if they're willing then I wouldn't mind." He said softly. Adopting Ren and Ash would change their lives tremendously but he knew that it was better for the two if they could convince them to return with them. But not just the two of them, it be great for him and Tenmo as well. This was their best chance at having children. They clearly couldn't have any biological and what was the chance of them running into another werechild that would or could benefit from them? It seemed incredibly unlikely. This really was a once in a lifetime opportunity that he felt they needed to take full advantage of.

Ash thought of himself when Ren mentioned being kind without knowing someone. Sure he knew him but he didn’t know him in that sense. Now, he was like an older brother to him all because of a small act of kindness. “Pretty wise words coming from a kid..” He said with a tiny laugh. “Who wouldn’t love a little fireball like you on sight?” Ash teased, patting at him with his cat tail. “Won over outsiders hearts by you just being you” He hummed as he kept swaying it around.

Tenmo let out a canine yipp before calming himself down and going into his human form, tail still out. “They will have a lot to get used to for awhile. Probably need to home school until we think they can be adjusted to go to school like Solaria or tutor them. And clothes..the paperwork..we would need to prepare a lot for a small child and a young adult” He said as he wondered how to even take them with them if they came. They would need to get some sort of paperwork and take on their last names, clothes, their families would certainly be surprised when they come back from a honeymoon with two native tribe were cats

Instantly Ren was batting at Ash's tail as it patted at him trying to catch it from his spot as it continued to sway around comfortable where he was and not wanting to move. That didn't mean he wasn't up for playing though. Not that Ren was ever not up to play and have fun all the time. "That's 'cause I'm cute!" Ren said happily with a bright smile appearing on his feline face. He had no problem saying what he already knew as it wasn't like people hadn't told him how cute he was even after his parents had died. After managing to catch Ash's tail and chomping on it for a moment he was soon holding it in his front paws licking it before his eyes moved back to the older man. "Do you like them?" He asked wondering how Ash felt about the strangers.

Amusement appeared on his face with just how excited for this Tenmo really seemed to be. "It will be a lot to handle and a lot to prepare for but it can definitely be done." He wasn't too worried about such matters since they still had to figure out if Ash and Ren wanted to return with them or if the pair preferred to remain here. Taking his husband's face between his hands he leaned up to kiss him hoping it'd calm the other's mind for a moment. "We'll figure everything out." He promised the other with a smile. "First things first, we have to ask them if they would even like to return with us and become part of our family." Kaine added.

“If they do..I am sure we can call me dad or the vampire lawyers to send over documents when we get to any office. Saying we forgot the legalized adoption papers prior to coming to get them on our honey moon. The vampire are good with forging the legal documents. I think Ren will be easy, maybe it is Ash that could pose any problem? But I do hope they say yes” He said with a big grin.

Ash listened to the other speak, Ren soon asking if he liked the strangers. “Like is a strong word..but they got your seal of approval. And they saved your life without the bonding of the tribe to make them do so. They are good in my eyes..even if the night howler seems rather sweet despite his intimidating look” He said as what would be considered a fearsome beast was lapping kisses at the mosquito like a domesticated animal

"Oh I'm sure, it'll be easy to get fake papers to get them home with us once we're back in a city to contact the necessary people. It's convincing them to go that's going to be the hardest part. No matter how much either of them may like us... or how little..." Kaine added the last part with Ash on his mind not necessarily sure how he felt about them right now. "This is still their home and that alone may make them unwilling to leave." He finished after shaking his head. "I hope they do too. We'll have plenty of time to gain Ash's trust and convince the pair to come with us. We still have most of our trip here to spend around the tribe after all." Kaine added with a smile.

Ren tilted his head questioningly when Ash told him that like was a strong word, not understanding why it would be. "You're sweet despite being intimidating." Ren replied at the comment about the wolf. To him Ash seemed the same way being quite sweet especially towards him despite the intimidating way he looked sometimes. "We should hang out with them more!" He excitedly suggested his eyes seeming to become brighter at the mere idea.

“You again have wise words for a little one to talk to a grown man like this. You really are something..” Ash sighed, patting his head. He saw those bright eyes and found it hard to say no to such happy eyes. “Fine fine, we can go hang out with them more” He said, knowing that would make Ren happy. He could try to get used to the outsiders prescense and kindness..He owes them that much.

“I know dear..They may be scared to leave all they have known. So we would need to make sure they are fully comfortable with us enough to want to leave it. I’m sure we can make their rooms as open as forest like as we cna to help them adjust. I’m not sure they know what clothes like ours or mattresses are” He said before seeing Ren farting at them. “Speaking of which..” He chuckled as he looked down at him, catching him mid air. “What a pounce on this little guy!” He fuzzed his hair playfully

His smile only seemed to grow when Ash said he had wise words again for a little one to talk to a grown man like this. It made him happy to think that he was able to be big in that way. Ash agreeing that they could go hang out with the other two more had him scurrying up and darting over to the pair he was mid jump when he changed from cat to human only to be caught in midair by the other a bright smile on his face as his hair was messed up. "Ash says I need to practice!" Ren said happily at the mention of his pounce. It had definitely gotten better but Ash had told him he needed to practice it more. He figured there was always room to practice even if it was a really good pounce.

Kaine nodded, "It'll be a big adjustment but we'll make do if they are willing to come along." He replied. Turning his gaze in the direction Tenmo had looked he saw the little form of Ren darting over to them only to pounce and be caught by Tenmo. Kaine laughed, "You two are so cute." His gaze moved to Ash and he gave the other a smile, "You have your hands full here with him don't you?" He questioned.

“”Aww come on, it’s not that bad to start. I wasn’t a good pouncer myself at your age, but you got some good height on you Ren” He praised his efforts with a laugh and a gentle hug. He kept him at his side so the other would be able to get a good grip on his hips like a monkey might, one arm around the others waist.

“Yes, I have to keep an eye on him so he doesn’t wander off into these woods. The panthers are ruthless knowing we are here. Keeping him focused is a whole other ordeal” Ash shook his head, watching Ren look like he had known these people his whole life

"Cat feet help!" Ren laughed at the mention of having good height on him. It helped that when he was a panther he was able to jump higher, their hind legs being quite powerful. Though he had no problem accepting the praise. Grabbing hold of the other's shirt when he was put on his hip he was more than happy to be close to them like this. He didn't have to be playing or running around, wanting to get to know the two who had saved his life and made him feel like he knew them for a long time and not just a few hours.

"That they are. I don't think I've ever seen big cats stalk a human before. Were or otherwise." Kaine admitted with a nod. The panthers in these forests did seem to be quite the ruthless predator not caring what they were stalking if they thought they could make it a meal. At the mention of keeping Ren focused he laughed not remotely surprised. "Oh the joys of being a child." He mused eyes moved back to Ren and Tenmo. "How long have you been caring for, Ren?" Kaine asked a moment later turning back to Ash. "The elder told me about the events that lead to you taking care of him. That's really great of you. I can imagine it wasn't and hasn't been easy." Ash was still young and taking on a child had to have been difficult especially in the beginning.

Ash watched the group, looking between all of them. “I have been trying to help care for Ren Ever since his mother first passed. Normally you have a mates help in raising children so I have been trying to help ever since. I didn’t expect to be a fully parental figure when his father joined her. I have been doing everything on my own..” He said with a soft nod. “I didn’t want him to have to grow up on his own. The fact he can still be the little cub kitten he is makes me happy” He said quieter, a bit more embarrassed

Tenmo smiles softly when Ash spoke about Ren like that. “You did a really good thing Ash..You taking on such a responsibility to help care for a children at a younger age, not fully an adult yet. I’m proud of you” He smiled warmly as Ash looked away in embarrassment, his cat tail swaying a bit happily

Kaine couldn't imagine what it must have been like for Ash, even when Ren's father was still alive. Taking on and raising a child wasn't an easy feat at any age but Ash was still young. It was sweet that he had wanted Ren to still be able to be the child he was without worry. "You really did." Kaine agreed. "So... Why don't we all get to know each other better?" Kaine offered figuring they had discussed Ren's situation and what Ash had done enough right now.

Ren was more than happy to be looking around from his perch on Tenmo's hip. His eyes moved from the treeline and the bird he had been watching too Ash when he heard him talk about taking care of him. Ren loved the other, Ash being the only person who had been nice enough to he'll him and take care of him when his dad needed the help. He was too young to really understand how the tribe worked but old enough to understand that Ash hadn't needed to help with him. Old enough to remember and miss his parents who wouldn't be coming back.

Ash had been thanked before but this was a different feeling. The outsiders didn’t know how things worked in the tribe and they were still praising him for what he did. He felt...happy. He came closer to them, now sitting beside Tenmo who was holding Ren. “That’s fine” He said quietly, feeling a little more comfortable around them after the praise. His walls were coming down a bit and he felt comfortable enough to sit by then. Especially with all Ren was saying..

Tenmo smiled happily when Ash seemed to be comfortable enough to sit right by them. Tenmo didn’t make mention of it in case it would scare him off or push him away. “So..” Tenmo tried to think of conversation topics they could talk about together. “What do you two do for fun?” He asked with a big smile

Ren smiled happily at the fact that they were all together shifting to sit comfortably in Tenmo's lap. "Ash and I go explore sometimes!" Ren said with a bright smile. He enjoyed when Ash would take him out of the village for a bit. "Or I go explore and he finds me." He added. Which was probably the most common since he really liked to explore with or without Ash.

Kaine was glad that Ash was feeling comfortable enough to come sit with them instead of standing at a distance. When Ren started saying how they would explore -it he would- it made a smirk appear. Realizing that Ash had his hands full with Ren even more than he expected originally. "I see you're good at sneaking off." Kaine mused.

“If you can call it that...A very frantic high stakes hide and go seek” Ash sighed with a quiet chuckle and shake of his head. “Very good at sneaking off is one thing he can do amazing. I swear I could look right at him and he could find a way to sneak off or dahs off in a moments notice” He laughed, knowing he had to always remain vigilant for Ren wandering off. “Before today, it usually hasn’t been this of a problem but it’s fine now..that one carcass was a good meal for most of today with what you brought” Ash looked up to Tenmo.

“Pretty big predator for the forests here, knocked me up good. My dad has fought bigger you should see the things he fights when he travels to hunt” Tenmo chuckled, remembering he hunts bears and much larger creatures than these. It was also an unfamiliar predator so he excused that as the reason he mainly got scratched to begin with. Injuries happen but not usually in a foreign land with a foreign predator

"But I'm not hiding!" Ren replied with a bright smile. His smile seemed to only grow more when Ash spoke about his ability to sneak off. Knowing that it didn't make things easy on Ash but it was a good quality for other things. That and it was his own game to see how long it could take him to slip away for the other's watchful gaze again. Sure this time it had been dangerous and he had been scared for a moment but it was practically forgotten already.

Kaine was amused when Ash told them about Ren's ability to sneak away from him. That didn't surprise him considering how panicked he had been when they had arrived with Ren earlier. "You both are great hunters. Maybe you should try hunting together sometime?" Kaine suggested. Even if the food that they had would be a good meal for most of the day Ash would need to hunt again. It'd be a good bonding moment for the pair.

“Me...hunt with..” Ash said as he tried to stop himself from calling Tenmo the outsider or night howler. “Tenmo...” He said as he finally said the others name without anymore hesitation. “I guess we can do that...Kaine watch Ash. Ash please...Stay with them” He was near ready to beg but he needed a good meal after he had today. Just now wasn’t enough for a full dinner with all the physical activity he has done that day

“Right now? Oh sure!” He said with a surprised but happy grin. “Be careful little squirt. Don’t get my husband into any trouble” He laughed as he and Ash made their way into the woods. Tenmo hopes he could ge through to Ash and make him even more comfortable by bonding over a hunt

Kaine could tell that it wasn't something Ash had considered or probably even thought about before he had suggested it. Seeing that he wasn't against the idea though definitely made him feel better about letting the pair go out to hunt together. Kaine reached out to Ren who was climbing into his lap now as Ash told him to stay with him. "I'll take good care of him." Kaine promised Ash giving the other a reassuring smile. Watching the pair head off before he was turning his gaze to the boy in his arms, "Now why don't we play a little and keep you busy and out of trouble." Kaine mused getting up and setting Ren on his feet he held the boy's hand and lead him towards the outskirts of the village. Only a few feet away near the trees so they could play at the base and talk but were close enough to the village that they were both still safe.

Ren was more than happy to hang out with the other promising Ash that he would stay with him. As he was lead over to the tree he grabbed a stick on the ground to show Kaine how he drew and the drawings he was making. Talking the other's ear off about the difference animals he had seen in the forests and how strong he was. Kaine finding amusement in how the young boy thought he was stronger than anything out there even if he was sure that Ren knew otherwise in the end.

“You really are a wonderful person Ash..A great hunter and you raised a fine young boy" Tenmo said as they were both looking for a starting point for the hunt. Ash beat at the ground bashfully, a bit embarrassed by the praise. "There are many of our family members that would love you both. Otso is another one of my kind, he would get along well with Ren. He...lost his parents too at a young age" He said, not wanting to say too much too soon and it wasnt lying. "My father also has a child named Solaria that may be around your age. Our large packs are filled with many people..We protect each other with all our being. After one incident, we all came together and supported one another" He said softly, subtly presenting the idea of how nice their families were. It was a better start than suddenly asking out of no where when the time came.

They soon found a small boar, Tenmo giving Ash the first bite when they finally hunted it down. "Come on..You worked hard today" He grinned happily, Ash feeling this weird warmth coming from the seemingly older man. He was....so nice....He found himself really enjoying being around him. They ate a good meal together as Ash started to think to himself. He was treating him...like a father might. Wanting to support and watch them grow..just like he was with Ren

As they were playing and drawing in the soft sand beneath the tree Kaine would ask questions about Ren and his relationship with Ash. Asking how the boy how he felt about Ash taking care of him and how well the other man was doing. "He plays with me, teaches me hunting sometimes. I like it." Ren replied as he finished a little drawing in the dirt pointing it out to Kaine and telling him it was the four of them. It amused him that he was the only 'human' in the picture Ren having drawn himself and Ash as cats and Tenmo as a dog. It was adorable and he made a mental note to show it to Tenmo later if it survived long enough for his husband to see it. While he was playing with Ren and asking his questions the cute boy would ask his questions too.

At one point he did have to keep a closer eye on Ren since he seemed to get overly focused on a bird that had landed in one of the branches above them. It took him a few tries to redirect his attention and it occurred to him that this would be a problem back home as well and they'd have to learn ways of redirecting his attention and keeping him focused but he also knew a lot of that could just be because of how young he was. Making a mental note about that as well he was finally able to redirect his attention to him.

Tenmo and Ash ate their hunt, both eating side by side with each other. They talked about each other and their families side by side in Between bites, getting to know each other. They found they enjoyed each other’s company and were able to relate to each other with their own pasts. Ash felt like Tenmo could see his point of view and be able to truly understand him. Having to help raise someone so young who lost parents without really having much of your own.

They started coming back from the hunt, walking alongside one another. Ash sighed in relief to see Ren was safe and sound with Kaine, going ho to them with a soft nuzzle for Ren. “Did you behave?” He asked him while Tenmo sat beside Kaine

Ren was beaming when he felt Ash nuzzle him as the two returned looking up from the basket that Kaine had been teaching him to make in an attempt to keep his hands and mind focused. "Yeah! Look I drew a picture of us!" Ren said instantly pointing out the picture he had drawn of all of them together. Though he was quick to switch from the picture to the basket he had been making and showing it to Ash as well clearly still as quick to get distracted as he had been with the bird.

Kaine had an amused look on his face as Tenmo was sitting beside him watching Ren happily show Ash everything the two of them had been doing with each other. Turning his gaze to Tenmo he leaned over to kiss his head before he was asking about their hunt. "How'd the hunt go? Have any luck?" Though he figured that since they were back they must have been successful. Or at least enough so that they had been able to eat enough to hold them over until morning. Which was good since it seemed to get dark pretty fast in the forest. The trees being so tall and the canopy thick that it seemed there were far more dark hours than light. Not that he was necessarily complaining they were able to see regardless.

Ash tried to do his best to focus on whatever he was showing him at the moment but just as he was appreciating and praising the one thing, he was quick to show another. He was looked over the others basket as he was trying to keep an eye on the other. He did love his birds..He thought to himself as he set the basket down. “Any mate you would have in the future would love your baskets. You have small nimble fingers for the job” He nodded softly, patting g his head gently

“We got a small boar, more than enough food for him and now I’ve had far too much to eat. Don’t regret all those meals, it was wonderful” Tenmo chuckled as he wrapped an arm around him. “I really think I struck a cord with him. Similar backgrounds and we were able to relate to one another”

Ren's face just seemed to beam even more when Ash talked about how good his basket was. "It's for you!" Ren told him happily handing Ash the basket he had made for him. At this point he was happy to sit down with the group though he was back to drawing in the dirt his mind only focusing for so long before he was bored and doing something else. Which was probably one of the many reasons why he would sneak away like he did and was so good at it.

"Good! I'm glad you two were able to hunt and fill up as well as bond a bit." Kaine replied leaning into Tenmo's side a smile on his face. He was watching Ren and Ash shaking his head a little at how quickly Ren was changing topics even with Ash. "That boy has the attention span of a fruit fly. He's quite difficult to keep focused." He mused eyes moving from the pair up to Tenmo. "It's not easy to keep up with him." Kaine informed his husband. Leaning up for a kiss he slipped his hand into the other's. "Hopefully we'll all have plenty of time to get to know each other and bond more over the rest of our trip." Kaine really wanted them to agree to come home with them and join their family but he didn't want to mention that in front of the pair yet thinking it was too soon and would scare them or make them think this was the only reason they were being nice was to take them from their home. Which was far from the truth.