An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

“Lead the way” He said with a laugh, standing at his side in his wolf form. “Wait up though!” He teased before joining him at his side with a laugh. They made their way deeper into the forest, liking the crunch of branches and tweeting if birds above their heads. It sounded like one of those rainforest cds humans liked to listen to to relax

"Hurry up slow poke!" Kaine called behind him when Tenmo told him to hold on despite the fact that Kaine was already eagerly disappearing into the dense trees. It didn't seem to take Tenmo more than a second or two to catch up with him and walk by his side as they ventured deeper. The further they traveled the denser the trees and foliage became, the animals more active and numerous. Kaine was overwhelmed by the new scents from literally every direction, and he could only imagine what the scents were like to Tenmo. But suddenly a scent caught his attention that made him stop mid step, it smelled... human... but... not human. It was confusing because such a scent could only be compared to that of a werewolf, as it was the only scent that came close but it was clearly also not a werewolf.

"Tenmo?" He asked as though asking his husband just by saying his name if he too picked up on this scent. It was something that brought curiosity from Kaine, the hunter in him wanted to urge him to follow the trail and discover what could have possibly made such a scent trail. Yet... there was another part of him that urged caution making him even more confused. They were already really deep in the forest and it was possible that they were near a village or maybe even a possible hunting place of one of the tribes that called this forest home. That was fascinating in itself, but Kaine still felt uneasy and unsure. As much as he wanted to investigate he knew that they should continue on their exploration. Maybe investigate another time if they were to come across the scent again.

Tenmo easily caught up, all the scents even more powerful the deeper they got into the forest. So many new smells of various animal creatures and who knows what else. It was hard to focus on any one thing because he wanted to smell everything but he was able to remain vigilante. He was brought back to reality when he heard Kaine mention his name, ears perking up. He sniffed the air with a quiet growl. The tribe must be nearby but..something was off. He didn’t know what to make of it but something was definitely off about the humans smells..it didn’t seem entirely human. “Yes..” he said quietly as if to answer an I asked question about honing in on the same smell the other smelled

"Should we...?" Kaine questioned with a curious look in his face. To anyone else such a question would probably seem quite vague, but he knew that Tenmo would understand what he meant. Asking if they should track the scent, or if they should continue on their way as though they had not noticed it to begin with. The predator in Kaine wanted to know what the cause of such an interesting scent was, but it also warned caution. Not knowing what could be hiding here, what secrets the forest could hold. Now that he was thinking about it he wondered if it was a supernatural creature. Surely a place like this could house numerous races, ones that may have never been discovered before. That thought made him incredibly excited and for a moment he was almost absently following the trail. It took some restraint to get himself to fall still in his movements, turning his gaze to his husband so they could discuss what they wanted to do.

“Yes..” Tenmo answered, wanting to look into this scent further. He heard a rustle and let out a growl, hairs on edge as he stood at the others feet. Something was watching them and really close by, a pair of eyes watching them from the bushes and he felt there were probably many others like it.

A band of tribal people had emerged from the bushes in their cat form, shifting to their humans forms and grabbing for their spreads. “What is your purpose here?” One pointed at Kaines throat, the man having scraggly long black hair and dark blue eyes, his skin tanned from the many hours in the sun

Nodding Kaine was more than happy to go with Tenmo and explore this new scent, especially if it was something his husband thought was worth investigating. As it turned out, they didn't really have too, since the cause of the scent were soon surrounding them. Instantly Kaine was intruiged, since it meant that not only had they run into a new supernatural race he had never met before but also tribesmen. That instantly vanished when they pointed their spears at them and the point of one in particular was pointed at his throat. "Woah now!" He said instantly raising his hands up. "We're here on vacation... well our honeymoon actually..." Kaine stated his eyes going over the man before him before he glanced down towards Tenmo who was still wrapped around his feet. "We don't mean you guys any harm, we're just enjoying what the forest has to offer." He wanted this to be a peaceful interaction but he already had a feeling them being what they are and he what he is meant that was impossible.

“Just stand down and there is no need for any trouble” Tenmo transformed back into his human form with a protective stance. The tribesman seemed surprised at the transformation, some lowered their spears but many still kept them pointed at them. “The elders have told tales about others of our kind..ones opposite us..Wild dogs that may threaten us” The one from earlier spoke again. “Ash, the elders will want to know of the presence of a wild dog and their mate”

A soft huff escaped Kaine at the comment of 'wild dog' looking to Tenmo before he spoke again though clearly.aimed towards his husband. "Hearing mate coming from.someone else doesn't make it sounds as nice." It was a teasing comment as he playfully nudged his husband before turning his gaze to the one called Ash. "We really don't mean any harm or to intrude. We're just exploring this gorgeous forest you guys call home and my husband definitely has no intention of threatening you." He said that giving Tenmo a look as though he was demanding he agree. Not like he doubted it since they really hadn't known these type of people existed. "So... If you guys don't mind we'll happily continue on putt easy and you can return home." Kaine offered.

(Oops double posted because I thought I forgot for some reason)

?Something is off about you though..You don?t smell like him? Ash pointed his spear at Tenmo. He took a few steps forward, someone older than him giving a look to wonder what the hell he was doing. ?I will not attack but touch own hair on his head and I will protect my husband through any means necessary? He said with a low growl, his ears and tails popping out and staying rigid

"That's because I'm not a werewolf." Kaine replied not liking that this man was getting so close to him. He reached out to Tenmo and pay his head gently. "It's okay." He said offering a reassuring smile before turning back to Ash knowing this might be a bad idea. "I'm a vampire." Honesty was the best policy right? They'd figure it out eventually either way and he wanted to try to avoid any conflict.

Ash widened his eyes along with most of the tribal men, whispering about protecting the children before some wandered back off in the direction that they came from. “Make sure the orphan doesn’t wander off” Another said before they too disappeared into the bushes. “We have never seen your kind before..A night mosquito” Ash circled Kaine and Tenmo, Tenmo letting out a tiny growl when he took a step too close. The other patting him saying it was okay was the only thing that kept him from being more aggressive

"Okay there is no need for that. I'm going to drink from anyone." Kaine said though it seemed to be in vain as members of the group were dispersing anyway. "I believe the correct term is leech." He added at being called a night mosquito. Not a fan of that comparison even if mosquitos were quite a common pest. "Look, if you're done with your inspection of us and questions we'd like to continue on our way." He said getting a bit impatient with this interaction.

Ash took a few steps back as the other mentioned not drinking from anyone. “Watch your surroundings..And keep to your campsite. Do not come to this area of the forest” He said in a commanding tone, turning back into his panther form before going off into the bushes to go check on the children of the tribe to make sure all was well with them. “Well..exciting honeymoon so far” Tenmo said quietly as he only relaxed a tiny bit once all others had left

"You can say that again." Kaine said with a roll of his eyes before he was turning his gaze back to Tenmo. "Well, come on wild dog, let's keep going." He commented with a small smile and soft laugh. He found for the most part the tribe's words for them interesting, but he didn't want to contradict the group too much. However, if they thought that he was going to be happy to be confined to their camp they had another thing coming. The whole point of them coming here was to explore the forest, to see all that it had to offer, learn its secrets. Granted, they seemed to have already learned one very big secret. "We need to find a nice place to set up camp for the night, preferably as far away from these guys as possible. Or at least in a place where their scent doesn't linger." He commented as he started heading off again.

“I couldn’t agree more..Best not to anger them any further” He nodded as he would rather not let any of them get close to his love again. He was not about to let some tribesmen stop him from enjoying his honeymoon. “They got way too close to you..That one guy pissed me off” He said with a low growl. “He was lucky I didn’t rip him into a million pieces..” He growler again, a protective arm around Kaine

"I don't see why our presence alone is angering them as it is. We haven't done any harm." Kaine replied when Tenmo mentioned not wanting to anger them anymore than they already had. Not feeling like their presence alone was enough of a reason to anger anyone. Leaning into his husband's side slightly as he felt the other's arm protectively wrap around him he gave Tenmo a loving smile. "I know you he is. But let's not focus on that. The good thing is no one got hurt and we're able to keep going on our way." After that they travelled for a while before they managed to find a place that Kaine deemed acceptable for camp.

“They haven’t seen the likes of us before, we are new and just suddenly show up out of nowhere saying we are on a honeymoon. We are probably seen as some outside threat” Tenmo huffed before kissing his cheek. “We should keep our eyes peeled and try to make nice if we are anywhere near them again..as much as I hated the one called Ash getting close”

"If we gave everyone such an excuse then a lot of people could claim we're some outside threat despite claiming we're on our honeymoon. Which isn't a claim since that's exactly why we are here." Kaine replied still not too amused or really understanding it. But he was sure the tribes here had little contact with anyone from the modern world, much less more supernatural powers so he had to admit that he should be more patient. Didn't make him that way though, and he gave Tenmo a small understanding look when he said he didn't like Ash getting close. "Neither did I. You're right though, we should try to get along with them if we come into contact again. This is after all their home and we are just intruders here. Even if it was unintentional." He agreed with a nod.

As they set up camp he opted in for a fire tonight, wanting it after their encounter to make him feel a little more secure even if it really wouldn't do anything. It was getting later but darkness still hadn't fallen yet when he settled down by the fire and turned to Tenmo pouting and holding his arms out, silently indicating or rather whining that he wanted to cuddle. It'd be a nice way to end the day after a stressful encounter. Not that they wouldn't cuddle in the tent too but he wanted to start early.

“I can’t pretend to understand them..” Tenmo said quietly as he sat beside him and the campfire. “All I know is we are probably the first people from the modern world any of them saw in a long time and we are supernatural on top of it. Probably the meet I killed earlier was from one of their people so we didn’t have a good start. I don’t want them hurting you..” He said softly as he went in for a cuddle like the other craves. He hoped this would end civilly, not wanting them to harm his beloved

"I doubt they will. I'm capable of defending myself after all, not to mention I already know my sexy little puppy won't let anyone hurt me. You've proved that once already." Kaine mused with a small smile happy that Tenmo had come closer to cuddle. Nuzzling his husband he let his eyes drift shut, "I say we don't worry about them. It'll only ruin this trip and we're here to have fun." He told the other tilting his head to give his wolf a kiss a bright smile appearing on his face. "Besides, they snooze they loose. You got that boar fair and square."

• 2 weeks later...

“You do know how to cheer me up love” Tenmo spoke with a warm smile on his face. He cuddled up happily to Kaines side, trying to rest but was on heavy alert. He didn’t even want a tiny bird coming near his loved one. But Kaine would have his head if he didn’t get some rest himself. “Are you sure you don’t need anything love?” He asked, wanting to make sure his bodily needs were settled

• 2 weeks later...

A bright smile appeared on his face when he was told that he knew how to cheer his husband up. It definitely made him happy to hear that, since he really did love making his puppy feel better. Feeling Tenmo cuddling up to his side allowed his eyes to drift shut and he hummed happily. "I'm sure." Kaine murmured softly already being half asleep. He felt fine for now, figuring he could worry about it more in the morning if it was even something to worry about right now.

Tenmo tried to stay awake to keep watched over Kaine but today was far too eventful. He nuzzled further into him protectively would he could go to rest with an easier mind. Even if that was t the case, he loved the others soft pleasant warmth. “Goodnight darling..” He said softly, his eyes slipping shut. He would worry about what to do tomorrow with that tribe and any other worries. Right now he was going to enjoy his evening with his husband

Kaine didn't really remember anything else that night, not them saying goodnight and not even falling asleep. When he woke in the morning it was because it was far too bright outside their tent and this caused him to squirm and mumble unhappily. After some squirming his eyes opened and he looked over to Tenmo who was asleep beside him. Murmuring something else he moved closer to the other form and nuzzled into his husband's chest letting his eyes drift shut once more. "Mine." He murmured softly not wanting to wake him up more than he was sure he had already done by all the squirming a moment ago.

Tenmo let out a low grumble when he felt a shifting beside him. He wrapped protective arms around the other, seeming to respond to the other with a sleepy "Mine" in return. He would rather not wake up yet but wanted to eat, this being his only motivator to get up and start the day. "Morning.." He finally mumbled after awhile, letting out a sleepy yawn. He stretched out his limbs and tried to will himself to get up and not lay right back down again to wait for a later point in the day