An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Ash looked away, seeming to know the other was going to pounce on him again. He felt the other starting to playfully naw at his ankle, falling to the ground. "Ahhh the agony! Going down!" He called out, making fake death noises and rolled on his back sticking out his tongue. "Strike back!" He said, pawing at the others side with a laugh, tumbling around with him..

"That would be something..We could learn from each other in many ways I agree" Tenmo said, smiling at the pair. They were adorable and seemed bonded to each other. "I havent seen the little boy, Ren, around any parents. Ash definitely isnt his.."He commented, not noticing anyone else caring for Ren at least like a parent would. Everyone in this tribe seemed to care for each other but he didnt notice any family bonds beyond how Ash is with Ren

Ren was happy with the reaction he got from Ash still gnawing on his ankle as the other rolled into his back. The older man pawing at him as they tumbled around had Ren laughing happily. He loved that he got to play with Ash and practice his pouncing and hunting skills.

"True..." Kaine agreed as he watched the two play with each other. "Well yesterday they did say anything about watching the orphan. You don't think that they meant Ren do you?" He questioned eyes going from Ren and Ash to Tenmo. It'd make sense as to why no parent had come for

Ren and why Ash seemed to be taking care of him from what they've seen.

“That seems like the case...” Tenmo said quietly as Ren reminded him more of Otso now. Orphaned in a scary world..wanting to protect and love them. Ash must be the Tenmo for Ren. It pulled at his heartstrings to think this poor boy was alone and didn’t have a family, and seemed rather clueless like the child he was. It was hard to focus because he felt so...”I feel bad for the poor kid..He seems to like us though so hopefully we can make friends with him and in turn the others. Saving a child must earn some good points?” He asked as he looked over at him. “I’m going to mess around with them..They seem a bit friendlier..” He said as he sunk low to the ground in a playful manner.

Ash turned his head to look at Tenmo coming their way, in a seemingly..playful manner. He knew he wouldn’t try anything after just being healed. “Try hunting Ren..Low to the ground..keep an eye out for any threats” He said with a smile, low to the ground with him. “Go for the face when you move for the first attack if you can’t bite” He smirked, figuring having someone else would make for a good playful hunting practice buddy

Kaine could only imagine what could have taken Ren's parents from him in a place like this. Knowing that there had to be more dangers hidden in the trees than they knew about. It was sad to think that a child could lose those people but he already knew that was the case for a few members of the pack back home. It made Kaine aware of the fact that this probably hit Tenmo pretty hard. Eyes moving to his husband as the other said he was going to play around with them. Nodding he watched him leave before glancing around again and deciding to see what he could learn from other members of the tribe. Vampire or not they had to be at least tolerant of his presence at this point.

Ren tilted his head to the side slightly when he saw Tenmo approaching then but he could see it was playful. Getting ready he was going to dart over and pounce on him but Ash was telling him to practice his hunting. Instructing him to get low to the ground so he did as he was told eyes locked on the wolf over front of him. Giving a little nod when he was told to go for the face if he couldn't get a bite in he waited until he thought the other was close enough and darted forward launching himself at the other's head.

“Ah you got me!” Tenmo yelped, rolling over on the ground. “Not a bad pounce there Ren!” He laughed, nudging him with his nose. “You got the makings of a good hunter” He chuckled, figuring Ash seemed comfortable enough so he decided to play with Ren instead. He kept patting the other with his paw, tail wagging happily. If he wasn’t the cutest kid in the world..!

An older gentleman smiled up at Kaine, seeming a bit more used to his prescience. “You causes quite a ruckus in your time here” He said with a small chuckle. “A lot of commotion and kindness for some strangers who attacked you”

Ren was more than a little proud when Tenmo said that it hadn't been a bad pounce and that he had the makings of a good hunter. Puffing up his chest and sitting there more than a little proud of himself. Tenmo playfully patting him with his paw had Ren more than happy to paw at him back occasionally jumping at him. Seeing Tenmo's tail wagging had him stalking the appendage wanting to catch it. Batting at the tail every time it swung past him and jumping up to catch it when it passed him higher up. After a bit of that he got bored and pounced at the wolf again using his claws to climb the larger animal though he did his best not to dig them in too much. This let him get a better view but also gnaw on Tenmo's ears now that he was clinging to him.

Kaine couldn't help but laugh a little, "I suppose I'm used to reactions like that at this point in my life." He admitted rubbing the back of his neck. "This village you guys have here... it's actually really amazing." Kaine added as he looked over the village again. It was a decent size and the tribe itself was bigger than he had expected it to be. "You guys must not see a lot of other supernatural species or even other people in general here right?" He asked figuring that had been one of the reasons they had responded so hostile to their presence originally.

Tenmo couldn’t help the warmth in his heart at seeing Ren chasing his tail in the way he was. He kept wagging it and moving it around for the other to catch. Ren didn’t seem to have luck but soon he ended up on his back. He laughed hard and stayed still and crouched slightly so he could get up. “Nice view up there? Hope my ears taste good” Hs chuckled

“People? No, you are probably the first outsiders to step foot on this island in some time. Most do not know of our existence, well they usually didn’t make it out of here to tell the tale. This is our sanctuary, our home” He smiled as he looked around. “Supernatural creatures, even more so not” He nodded softly. “You are good people..We do not trust outsiders but you two have earned the tribes respect”

"Yes!" Ren happily said when he was asked if the view was nice up there. He could see quite a bit of the village from his perch on top of Tenmo and he definitely thought he had a nice view. A beaming look appearing on his face before he was gnawing on the other's ear again. Laughing softly at the mention of the other hoping his ears tasted good. After a few minutes he got bored of that too and it was only a moment before he was human once more sitting on the other's back head resting on the other's and yawning. Feeling suddenly tired after everything that had happened today.

"That's understandable." Kaine replied knowing that this place must mean a lot to the native people here. "We really are. We'd never do anything to hurt anyone here." He added with a friendly smile. "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to be here and be able to get to know you guys. We appreciate the opportunity especially with how things had originally started between us." At that point he glanced towards where Tenmo was with Ren thinking for a moment before he decided to ask about the boy. "So... Ren... he doesn't seem to have any parents... is he an orphan?" Kaine wanted to know for sure if that was true or if his parents perhaps were busy and they just had yet to see them. He had no idea what the tribes people did in their daily lives and maybe Ash had just been in charge of watching Ren while the boy's parents were busy with something else.

Tenmo could hear the tiny yawn from above him, carefully lowering himself down so the other could get comfortable. Ash was hesitant to leave Ren alone with him but...he trusted him. To go after those giant beasts to protect a child not of your own..he could trust the other with him while he went out on his hunt. “Watch him” He said simply, going off into the woods.

“A kind outsider..One of a kind. Thank you for respecting or appreciating our ways” He said with a soft nod. “Yes..poor little boy. His mother fell ill about a year ago and went to the meadows of the sky to be with our ancestors. His father was mauled on a hunting trip and succumbed to his wounds” He said with a sad bow of his head. “Ash was one of our hunters who took pity on the boy and is like family to him, an older brother if you will” He said with a much more happier smile

"You're soft." Ren murmured already starting to fall asleep. He was only briefly aware of the fact that Tenmo had seemed to lower himself to the ground but he wasn't knocked off and thus only nuzzled into the soft fur under him. Little hands clinging to the other as he fell asleep rather quickly.

"Of course." Kaine said with a nod of his own after being thanked for respecting and appreciating their ways. He'd love nothing more than to learn more about their ways and be able to show his respect for them since they clearly are working. As he was told about Ren and how he had lost his mother to a sickness and his father to wounds he had sustained from a hunting trip he felt his heart go out to the child who had no one it seemed. Hearing that Ash had taken pity on Ren and basically taken him in acting the role of an older brother very much reminded him of Tenmo and Otso. Even if Otso had not been taken in by Tenmo and Adrian out of pity it was a very similar tale. "It's a good thing Ren has someone like Ash in his life." Kaine told the man thinking about it for a moment before another question came up.

"Do other members in the tribe not adopt orphaned children? Or... is Ren just something different?" He questioned wanting to know why others may not have taken Ren in and why it had come down to Ash to take on a teaching and loving role to the boy. He could tell by how Tenmo acted to Ren and he could see how quickly Ren had gotten attached to his husband. Maybe... if the tribe would allow it they could take him. It was a long stretch for sure and he knew that even as they were now the tribe may not be accepting of the idea but he could at least discuss the option with Tenmo and they could try to figure it out. He remembered telling his puppy that they would discuss adoption when Tenmo had mentioned children and what better time than now? Ren needed someone, more than just a brother and though a werewolf Tenmo would know how to raise him better than anyone else outside of the tribe.

“So I’ve been told..” Tenmo said quietly with a soft laugh before closing his eyes. He figured he was safe in this area and he did need to take a break and relax to recover from the wound, even if it was a small one. And it seemed his new furry companion had no plans to move anytime soon. He carefully maneuvered himself to curl up, giving space should the other decide to shift to be protected in the middle like how dogs would curl up with the space for him in the crease

“While we are a community, it’s still a lot of protection and care that goes into each individual family. The family is in charge of raising the children. Should a child lose theirs, the next of kin usually takes on that role. But in Rens case, he had no next of Kin. Ash fulfilled that role for him. Other families need to worry about their own children and families and usually are not able to care for a mouth outside the family” The elder tried to explain their ways to the stranger

Ren was more than happy to sleep on the wolf though at some point he had moved down from Tenmo's back curling up in the middle of the other comfortably. Kneading the other's side a little before he was tucking his head into the other's neck and going back to sleep. There was no safer place to nap than where he was now, both because of the other and because of the fact that they were in the safety of the village.

The explanation he got made him worry a little more about how things worked but it seemed to be working for the village. "So... if Ash hadn't stepped up to care for Ren what would have happened to him?" Kaine questioned wanting to know what would happen then. It seemed harsh, even cruel to think that Ren may have just been left to live or die on his own if it had not been for Ash. It wasn't a very good thought and he hoped that wasn't actually the case. He could understand that it may not be easy to take in an extra mouth but wasn't it possible?

“If Ash has not taken him on, he might have been cast aside if no one took him on. He would likely had to have taught himself most things a family would teach them. Survival of the fittest..even if the circumstances are unfortunate it is but the way we live. He would not have even survived today if you had not come along” He said with a grim nod. “Ash became a parent to him so he would not fall forgotten and learn. He gives the boy too much lee way but does care for him like his own flesh and blood. A good hunter and family to him” He said, smiling at the sight of Tenmo and Ren. “Even warms up to strangers too quickly..Ren is a unique case mainly as well. Too trusting, too up in the clouds when by himself. Even with the night howler there” He chuckled

It seemed his thoughts had been right. If Ash hadn't taken Ren in to teach him and take care of him the boy would have been left to figure things out on his own and most likely wouldn't have survived. It was a grim prospect and he hated to think that was the fate that was dealt to Ren. Things were different here though and while he knew the pack back home would never have stood for such a thing this wasn't the pack. The village here was much different and these had been their ways for who knew how long. "That's a bit upsetting, but I do understand that's how things are here." He replied not lying that he didn't like what he heard but could respect that it was how things were done.

At the mention of Ren trusting strangers too quickly he followed the elder's gaze to Tenmo and Ren both of whom were curled up and seemingly sleeping. "Well my husband does seem to have that affect on most people. He's particularly easy to trust." Kaine mused with a smile. He loved the sight of the pair, it seemed so natural to him. It made him even more positive that he would discuss the thought of Ren and how they could proceed even more. Turning his gaze back to the man he gave him a smile, "I really appreciate you taking the time to talk with me and bring a bit more light on your village and how things are for you guys." He thanked the man with an appreciative nod.

Glancing back towards his husband and Ren he gave the pair a look that stated he really liked how well they got along. "I suppose I should let them both sleep for a little bit before I wake my husband up." Though Kaine enjoyed being here and learning as well as seeing the village he still would like to hunt themselves. They had managed to save Ren and in doing so had forgotten the whole reason why they had been out to begin with. Though Tenmo may be hurt it wasn't like he was incapable of hunting himself and had no problem doing so. It still needed to be done one way or the other.

“Very accepting and tolerant of our ways..I am sure most would not take kindly to ways different than our own. To the ‘savages’ of the dense trees” The elder pat the others back before patting the ground. “Something is on your mind child..I can do well to listen to your troubles while you are waiting for them to wake and Ash to return. I am sure you had things you were doing prior and you have the look of one who has a lot to say. The rain doesn’t fall frown the clouds staying up in the sky that is your head” He smiled warmly

"You're definitely right about that. Being a vampire doesn't give me the right to judge others too harshly. It's not like my past is perfect and innocent." Kaine replied not feeling that he had any right to judge the village and their ways too harshly. When the elder expressed knowing something was on his mind Kaine felt himself grow embarrassed not having realized that he was showing such emotion. At first he remained silent even as the man continue to speak after a moment he sighed softly.

"It's just... before the two of us came on this journey to explore and learn as well as celebrate us we discussed the idea of possibly... adopting a child." Kaine started glancing towards the man to trying to gauge his response. "Seeing him with Ren just brings my mind back to our discussion. I mean... what's the chance of running into an orphan on our trip? Much less an orphan werechild? It's just... odd..." Kaine didn't believe in fate normally even when he had fallen in love with Tenmo so quickly and against all odds. But this was too odd to be a mere coincidence. "I guess it just tugs on the heartstrings." He added.

The elder nodded softly, acknowledging the others initial words. He continued to listen softly to the others words, talking of fate in this circumstance. “It does seem that fate had presented that chance..For outsiders of the supernatural kind who were seeking a child to find a child like them without seeking one out. It seems the dates and our ancestors are giving you that chance to pursue your wishes, as a thanks for saving them. Too many coincidences have presented themselves to you..Bht now do you go with the flow of the river of fate or paddle against it? The choice is yours and arena to make..although Ash will not want to let him go unless he came with him. He has bonded to the lad and would be broken without him..” The elder smiled lovingly, patting his hand

It never occurred to Kaine for a minute that the tribe would even be willing to allow such an adoption even considering how thing were here for them and the fate of an orphan in their tribe. But it seemed Ren was completely alone outside of Ash, with no next of kin and no parents Ash was the only reason he had stood a chance. The only reason he had been able to remain a child and not have to grow up too soon and face the harsh reality of the world. But to think that taking Ren would also mean taking Ash from his people and his home... could they really do that? It was a lot to think about and he knew this was definitely not a decision he wanted to make without discussing matters with Tenmo. Not to mention... how would one go about getting paperwork on a child adopted out of an indigenous tribe in the Amazon that didn't like outsiders? They had been the first to see and interact with the tribe, maybe being supernatural as well having a lot to do with it.

This was all a lot to take in and he was surprised more than anything by the willingness and understanding behavior of the elder who seemed to not mind at all. "I can't blame Ash for not wanting to let him go..." Kaine admitted with a nod. Glancing back towards the sleeping pair where Ren seemed to be stirring apparently only needing a cat nap. That thought making an amused smile appear on his face before he was shaking his head and turning his gaze back to the elder. "Thank you." He thanked the man. Having the elder listen and discuss this with him really had helped ease his thoughts a bit but it was clear that he needed to discuss matters with Tenmo and if all the elders would allow it discuss things with Ash.

“Of course...” The elder bowed his head with a soft smile. “Should you go down the path laid out for you, think about it. Should you take them both with you, will you be the parental figures they need? I can see you mean well..I am not sure how much longer your trip will be. If they are both willing to go with you, I will not stop you. But make sure they are willing to leave..I am sure your way of life is far different from ours. You will need to be able to support them and help them” He said softly with a warm grin.

Tenmo stirred when the other started to move, thumping his tail happily. “Feel better Ren?” He asked with a small chuckle, nuzzling him with his nose. He was too adorable not to nuzzle!

Hearing the elder say that if they did decide to go that path he wouldn't stop them made him come to realize how much the other man may even want Ren and Ash alike to have a better life than what was dealt them here. "Of course, if we did decide we'd like to take them it would never be against their will." Kaine replied with a small nod of his own. In no way would he force their way of life on others, especially not a child or Ash who lived far different lives. It was with that thought on his mind though that he decided once Ash returned he'd steal Tenmo away for a moment to discuss matters with him and then they could decide if they were going to approach Ash and Ren with the prospect of taking them with them. "We are here for a few more days... our trip to the Amazon was supposed to be a week and it's only been a couple days as it is since our arrival." Kaine let the man know.

"Much!" Ren said happily giggling as he was nuzzled by the other. The tip of his tail lightly flicking around as he shifted stretching out curling his back and yawning. Straightening back up he pounced on the large head that had nuzzled him with another laugh playfully gnawing on his ears again before he was letting go and jumping away. Now that he had napped he was full of energy again and ready to run around, play and explore.

“Of course, take your time and get to know them if that’s what you wish. I am sure Ren will be happy to once he spends even more time with you. He seems happy enough with your wolf mate there” He chuckled as he watched them tossing about and playing. “I do have a feeling he will agree, seems to have grown rather fond of him” He chuckled as Ash was dragging a small boar from the woods, dropping it in front of Kaine, a few peaces out of it. “For earlier..” He said quietly, nudging it to him.

"It's really appreciated." Kaine said giving the elder a smile glad that the man wasn't going to rush such matters and seemed to be inviting them to stick around the village and get to know Ren and Ash better. It meant a lot that even after saving Ren they wouldn't be rushed right out and told to never come back. "Yes. The two of them really do seem to have grown attached already." He mused watching Tenmo and Ren play with each other. It just made him love the sight even more and it made him wonder why he had ever even for a minute considered not having kids at all.

What he wasn't expecting was Ash who had appeared and dropped a small boar at in front of him nudging it towards him and quietly telling him it was for earlier. "Thank you, Ash. That's really nice of you." Kaine said thanking the other and giving him a small smile. At which point he turned his attention back to Tenmo and Ren. "Puppy!" He lovingly called his husband not having used his nickname in awhile and really wanting to do so. When he had Tenmo's attention he motioned for him and Ren to come join them also pointing to the boar that Ash had been so kind to get for them.

Tenmos ears perked up at the mention of his nickname, head immediately darting over to Kaine. He saw him drawing the others attention to the meat, tail wagging happily. He came rushing over, looking back to Ren. He waited for him to get there before he started eating, rather hungry after the prior hunt got interrupted. Ash picked up Ren by the scruff, carrying him towards another meal a few feet away that he had for him. “You can play with them later” He said as he set Ren down in front of the meat

A smile appeared when he saw how Tenmo's ears instantly perked up when he had called to him and his head twisting in his direction. It was cute to know he'd have the other's attention so quickly even when he was busy playing with little Ren. After pointing out the boar that Ash had gotten for them he watched his husband rush over though he still waited patiently for Ren to catch up before he starting eating. Amusement clear on his face as he watched the pair.

Ren had been about to pounce on the other again when the wolf was suddenly looking in a different direction causing him to look as well. A moment later and his playmate was darting away though he was more than happy to follow after him. The moment he had joined them he didn't even have a chance to do anything before he was picked up by his scruff Ash carrying him from that carcass to another that was resting a few feet away. He didn't have the opportunity to complain when he was told he could play with them later. More than happy with that idea he was quick to take a bite of this carcass more than happy to eat. A 'thank you' coming out of him after a few bites since he really did appreciate the fact that Ash always made sure he ate.

“Of course..” Ash said softly as he ate alongside him, making sure Ren was eating plenty. He seemed to be before he was getting his fill. “So..the outsiders..you seem to have really warmed up to them. You even fell asleep on him” Ash said as he sat down, waiting for the other to finish. He wasn’t sure what to think about them but Ren seemed to really enjoy their company. He nuzzled the others gently, cleaning off any bits of meat from the others skin or fur.

“Needed that, think there’s enough blood in this for you?” Tenmo asked as he wagged his tail slowly. He wanted to make sure the other could feed without needing to take from him. He did need a good meal that didn’t come from him. “Cute kid” He chuckled, watching the pair eating and finding the sight adorable