Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

Medive knew that he had stepped on a nerve, but he didn't care all that much watching Akita get up and leave before he rolled his eyes. Moving to get things prepared to move Akita and his human to this cabin, it would be a long travel, he'd have to take Sakura with them, but would most likely carry him most of the way. Along with supplies for both of the humans. Reminding himself to get in a good feeding before they left for the cabin as well. It'd take them a couple days at least to make the trek, but it was the safest place for him to keep Alita until he could take care of things and get the Caramila back to a more normal leadership, or at least one that didn't want to kill Akita.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

All the time that he waited for Medive in the room Sakura started to look around, getting to know the place. He looked for books or anything that seemed interested to keep him busy.

Not finding much, he returned to the window and open it, letting the cold breeze brush his body. It felt good even if they were surrounded by rocks and a few trees around the mansion.

Looking around he could see different rock shapes that were keeping him wonder how the other found this place and how he came up with the idea of building a house in it.

Sitting on the window edge he leaned his back on the wall, closing his eyes for a few moments, relaxing himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akita returned to his chamber an as he saw Alex finally sleeping he tuck himself behind the other, trying to get some rest.

After all Medive told him, before they'd leave he will have to serve a good meal and that without the other knowing. He didn't want to trouble the other with his diet problems.

It didn't took long and he fell asleep breathing lightly.

After having a good meal and making the preparations for the long trek ahead he went to find Sakura. Seeing his handsome little human sitting on the windowsill and looking outside. "See anything interesting?" Medive questioned as he moved over to the other and wrapped his arms gently around his pet's waist. Resting his chin on the other's shoulder and looking out the window as well. "We have a long journey ahead of us. To take a friend and his human to a place where they will be safe while I take care of some matters. You'll need to go with us on the trek, it wouldn't be safe to leave you here unattended. Once we get them there and I set up the protection we'll return here. Do you think you will be strong enough to leave come morning? Or should we hold the move off until you are feeling stronger?" Medive asked.

Alex felt the warmth of a body behind him, instinctively pressing back against it in his sleep. His sleep seeming to be much better now that Akita had joined him in the bed. When he woke up in the morning he had rolled to face Akita, his face buried in the vampire's chest which only made him all the happier to be there with him. Loosely wrapping his arms around the other's body, a bright smile on his face as he laid there unmoving.

See anything interesting?"

At the sound of Medive's voice , Sakura opened his yes and looked at him greeting him with a full smile.

"Nothing much but the breeze is refreshing" he said as the other wrapped his hands around his waist and leaned his head on his shoulder, making Sakura to lean his head in the other direction.

"We have a long journey ahead of us. To take a friend and his human to a place where they will be safe while I take care of some matters. You'll need to go with us on the trek, it wouldn't be safe to leave you here unattended. Once we get them there and I set up the protection we'll return here. Do you think you will be strong enough to leave come morning? Or should we hold the move off until you are feeling stronger?"

He listen carefully and silently as the other explained what they will do. He felt already much better and having the opportunity to travel and see the outside more it was fine by him.

"I'm feeling already better so i can do the journey. No need to worry" he said turning his head to look at Medive kissing him on the cheeks.

"It seems its already morning so ... we should get ready" he added holding his hands on Medive's hands that were still around his waist. It felt so sweet and normal that moment that he didn't want to stop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Morning sunshine" said Akita smiling at the moving Alex in his arms. "Did you rest?" he added opening his eyes yawning afterwards.

"We have a big journey ahead of us so you will need a lots of energy" he kissed the other softly.

Hearing Sakura tell him so confidently that he was feeling better already and ready for the journey made Medive give him a gentle smile. "If you're sure that you are ready for such a journey then yes, we'll need to pack some things for you to make the trip easier." He said as he pressed a kiss to Sakura's neck before he was moving away from him letting his arms release his little human before he was moving around the room and grabbing a back to pack some times. "We should pack you a few changes of clothes, and I'll have Jonah make and pack some food that will survive the journey so you won't go hungry." He added as he left the bag on the bed for Sakura to pack. "You'll find clothes in your size, or close to it in the closet. Pack whatever you like."

Leaning over he gave him a better kiss this time, "I'm going to make sure that the others are packed and ready to go." With that Medive left the room and went to make sure that Akita was awake and that they were packing.

"Morning handsome." Alex happily greeted his vampire. When he was asked if he rested he gave the other a look stating he was sure he knew the answer to that already. "Of course I did. I get bored when I don't have my handsome vampire around... napping and resting seems to be the only thing I do when you're not around." Alex admitted with a soft blush.

"A big journey?" He asked not understanding what he meant by that. What big journey were they going on? And why would he need a lot of energy for it? Alex was confused and he was sure the look on his face showed that clear as day. "Did... your talk with Medive go over well?" He asked wondering if maybe it had gone so bad that they were being kicked out or something.

"If you're sure that you are ready for such a journey then yes, we'll need to pack some things for you to make the trip easier."

Sakura turned and fallowed the other near the bed, looking at the backpack that Medive prepared for him.

"We should pack you a few changes of clothes, and I'll have Jonah make and pack some food that will survive the journey so you won't go hungry."

As he was listening the other, his mind was running in different directions. Medive changed a lot since the last time he saw him. He was more kind, even with this vampire and his human companion. Medive never helped another human if there was no interest. Well, now was no difference. He was helping because of that vampire but still. It was progress.

"You'll find clothes in your size, or close to it in the closet. Pack whatever you like."

He turned to look at the closet and back at Medive.

"Alright. I'll pack a few things" he said smiling leaning in the kiss that he received from the other. They were acting like a couple but he didn't want to say it out loud not wanting to change Medives mood.

"I'm going to make sure that the others are packed and ready to go."

"I'll be done in a few minutes" he said searching for clothes to pack.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did... your talk with Medive go over well?"

Akita smiled.

"Better than expected ... but then again, he always got me out of trouble. He is like a big brother to me" he said kissing the other softly on the lips.

"We should pack some clothes and food supplies. He found a place for us to stay hidden for the moment" he said getting up from bed looking in the closet for some clothes that would be suitable for them both, but especially for Alex since it was possible that there where they were going it would be cold.

"He should check on us in no time so it is better to get dress properly" he added looking at him winking. "That is if you don't have a problem for him to see you naked" he added teasing the other.

Alex was watching Akita who got up and moved towards the closet telling him that they'd need to pack clothes and food for the trip. Being told that Medive should be checking on them in no time and that he should get dressed properly he blushed slightly at the wink. Akita adding that if he didn't have a problem with Medive seeing him naked which only made his face flush a brighter red. Alex was quick to jump out of bed and get into the clothes that Akita had gotten for him the night before not really intent on Medive seeing him naked. "I'd prefer for avoid that. You're the only person I want to see me naked." He admitted giving his vampire boyfriend a gentle smile.

Medive was making his way through the halls reaching Akita's old room and knocking on the door knowing they were there. He didn't wait long before walking in seeing that Akita looked as though he was packing and his human was up which was a good thing. "You two ready?" He asked looking back to Akita again. "Jonah will make and pack food supplies for the humans so they won't go hungry on the trip. Remember. Get your meal in now before we leave. You'll only have your toy there when you guys get to the cabin." Medive reminded Akita. "We leave in ten minutes."

Akita was pleased to see Alex getting dressed. It was right on time before Medive knocked on the door and got in.

"You two ready?"

"Almost. I've got only a few more things to pack" said Akita looking at Medive like they were talking about packing for a vacation they were going to make together.

"Jonah will make and pack food supplies for the humans so they won't go hungry on the trip. Remember. Get your meal in now before we leave. You'll only have your toy there when you guys get to the cabin."

Akita stopped from roaming around in the closet and looked and Medive. Did he really had to say that?

"We leave in ten minutes."

He sighed rolling his eyes.

Why did Medive had to be so blunt sometimes

"Fine ... Fine ... I'll go feed up before we go. Now get out of here" he said wanting to remain alone with Alex. "I'll check with one of the servants in a bit" he assured Medive that he would feed before leaving.

Turning to Alex he smiled gently.

"You'll have to finish packing. I need to .... feed before we go and than i'll be all yours: he added in a whisper the last part kissing him quickly on the lips.

"Let's go you stupid vampire" he said turning to Medive pushing him outside the room.

Alex's embarrassment only seemed to grow when Medive called him Akita's toy, hoping that it wasn't how his boyfriend saw him. Especially after all the time they had spend together already, he watched Akita who seemed to be quick to try to get Medive out of the room after that. Walking over to him and telling him he would have to finish packing as he needed to feed before they left and then he'd be all his. Returning the kiss he watched them leave Akita pushing Medive out of the room. The moment they were gone he sighed but moved to finish packing their stuff. When he finished he was slipping shoes on and waiting for Akita to return and say they were ready to leave.

"Why are you being so pushy?" Medive asked when he was pushed from the room after the affectionate display between Akita and his toy. Despite that he was already on his way down the hall, not wanting to waste any time, wanting to get a meal in himself and check on how the food was coming for the two humans. Jonah would also accompany them, but only because he did not want to leave anyone behind unprotected. Jonah currently being the only other remaining member of his original group had to be kept close. Sakura needed him more than anyone, and he loved the human so of course he had to go. The other two were the reason for the journey to begin with. Well, Akita was, the human still held no interest or importance to Medive but he knew the same could not be said for Akita.

Why are you being so pushy?"

"Because you're a stupid ass vampire who doesn't know how to speak sometimes" he said pushing the other one last time sighing. "Apparently all those years were for nothing" he added straightening his clothes.

"First Alex is not a toy. Like in your case Sakura. Get used to it. Second, i wasn't going to tell Alex that i would feed. That's an information that i don't like sharing and third you need a zip on that mouth sometimes" he ended passing him down the hall getting himself a servant so that he can feed and be at his full power.

"Oh? And how exactly do I not know how to speak?" Medive asked with a soft growl as he was pushed some more. It made no sense to him, it wasn't a big deal either, as far as he was concerned he had just said what Akita had been refusing to. And then of course came the normal response he was looking for, sighing he shook his head and grumbled softly when Alex told him and insisted that the human was not his toy. Mentioning Sakura caused a more aggressive growl to come from Medive the look on his face clearly stating not to test him.

"It's not like he doesn't know you feed, Akita." Medive said with a roll of his eyes. "Stop babying the brat and be real with him." With that he moved away to check on Jonah and Sakura. Jonah had finished cooking and packing and had eaten himself. Medive grabbed a servant on his way up to feed from and before long he had Sakura with him and was heading down to the front door to wait for Akita and his human to join them when they were finished and ready.

Akita rolled is eyes not commenting anything. HE pushed the servant to an empty room and feed from him till he felt full. He was careful not to drink him out. Once he was done he returned to Alex and took the backpacks, Alex's hand and walked downstairs where the rest were waiting for them.

Sakura was looking from side to side to look for the vampire friend that Medive had to place in that cabin they were traveling to. He wanted to meet also the human the other was with. Seeing another human with a vampire was making him feel better. Knowing that there was another one like him that was in love with a vampire or at least that what he was thinking the human felt, made him feel less abnormal.

When he heard voices down the stairs he looked in that direction only to be surprised at who the human was.

"Alex" he gasped in surprised. He never thought he would see his friend again. What were the chances. "You are ...." he looked at the vampire next to him. "With him?" he was super surprised.

Alex held on to Akita's hand when his boyfriend took his, letting himself be lead through the large mansion once more. When they were coming down the stairs and towards the front door he heard Sakura's surprised gasp. Eyes darting to his friend, "How are you feeling, Sakura?" He asked giving his old friend a small smile. When Sakura spoke again though it was while looking between them super surprised and asking if he was with Akita. "Yes." He replied without any hesitation, even if the cold gaze of Medive made him feel like things were completely different.

Medive was soon taking Sakura's hand and instructing everyone to follow him before he was leading the way out of the mansion. Leading them back through the waterfall and out into the open, it was the start of a long trek north as they moved through the woods. Little was said, and Medive was quick to shutdown any form of conversation not wanting anyone to be able to find them. All day they hiked, stopping only for brief moments so the humans could rest before he was rushing them on. Eventually they came to the end of their journey for the day. "We'll make camp here." Medive said looking around the densely wooded area. They still had a long way to go, but the humans needed to sleep and get some rest, so they would stop for the night. Medive was also sure they were hungry, and so he had Jonah grab them both something to eat out of the food rations he had packed before he took out one tent and handed it to Akita for them to set up and pulled out another to set up for him, Jonah and Sakura.

"How are you feeling, Sakura?"

"I'm better thank you" he said smiling feeling super happy that his friend was with him. And the fact that he was with the vampire was even better. They had now something in common. Before he could say anything more Medive took his hand and pulled him out of the house and out through the waterfall into the forest.

The rest of the trip was silent not wanting to make any sounds to give their location away.

From time to time Sakura would look behind at Alex and the vampire which he never got the name exactly, or he couldn't quite remember it.

When they stopped he looked around wanting to be sure that they were hidden. He didn't want the others to find them. He wouldn't want the same 'treatment' as before from the vampires or see Medive hurt.

In silent he helped Medive set the tend till Jonah was preparing the food for them.

Akita on the other end managed to set the tend quickly, taking out some warm clothes for Alex. It was almost night and in the forest it was always colder than anywhere else.

After they sat and began to eat, Sakura started to chat with Alex in low voice so that they wouldn't be heard.

"Since when are you with the guy?" he asked in a whisper looking at the vampire who was standing near Medive, checking the forest.

Alex was glad to hear that Sakura was doing better. Apparently it was a good thing he even got the answer to that since after leaving the house he didn't get even a second chance to say anything else to him as they traveled in silence. Even though Alex understood why it sucked, and when they stopped to make camp the silence seemed to continue for the most part. He tried his best to help Akita set up the tent but he was sure he was just getting in the way and making it take longer than it would have if he had sat it out. Akita had also pulled out some warmer clothes for him to change into and he did so, slipping into the tent when his boyfriend had finished to change clothes especially since he could already feel a slight drop in the temperature around could use something to keep him warmer.

When he returned he was sitting next to Sakura at the fire and eating the food Jonah had made for them when he heard Sakura ask him a question about how long he had been with Akita. He thought about it for a moment. "Since like the day or two after when we had walked home together." Alex replied trying to pinpoint how long exactly that had been but drawing a blank. Not that he truly minded, he enjoyed every minute and every day that he was together with Akita. Even now, when he knew that Medive didn't care about him or anything the fact that Akita was here made it worth it. Knowing his boyfriend liked him and enjoying his presence here was all that mattered, not to mention he knew Sakura liked having him around as well.

"Since like the day or two after when we had walked home together."

"Wow ... that long .. something like me and Medive" he said turning his gaze to his vampire smiling grateful.

Maybe at first he hated it. Who wouldn't had. He was abducted, kidnaped better said and forced to be a human-meal/sex toy for that crazy vampire but he eventually didn't see his life without him. He kind of grew into him. When he saw the good side from him that is.

"I am glad you are safe. With all the craziness that happened" he took out a deep sigh, returning to his meal.

A quick shiver ran down on his spine. Maybe it was also because of the coldness or the memories of what he's been through. But he was starting to tremble a little.

"At least we are with the ones we love" he said in a low voice , feeling his face heaten up and it wasn't from the fire or the hot food.

Alex felt bad that he hadn't known Sakura was missing, especially when he mentioned him and Akita being like him and Medive. Silence fell as they were eating again a he noticed Sakura shiver before he was speaking saying that at least they were with the ones they loved. That caught him off guard a little, Sakura loved Medive? But... the vampire seemed so cold to humans... granted he had also saved Sakura when Akita was pulling him away and practically telling him to forget about him.

"That's true." He agreed with a nod a fond look crossing his face when he glanced over to Akita, his vampire made him incredibly happy. Even when they didn't see eye to eye he was happy and in love. "I'm glad you found someone who makes you happy, Sakura. You deserve it." Alex said softly feeling his face flush a bright pink. Sakura did deserve someone who made him happy, someone who was there for him and would be able to take care of him, and his mother. Giving him some of his life and independence back, being able to live for himself for once. This was all something that Alex had worried Sakura would miss because of how hard he was always working to support his mother.

"He can be a llittle of a jackass sometimes but he is a good guy. You just need to get to know him better" said Sakura eating the fresh hot food that Jonah served them.

After they ate, Sakura was feeling a little sleepy. Having the stomach full was dragging him to sleep.

"I'll go get some sleep. You should too" he said to Alex patting him on the back heading to his tent. Half way to the tent he stopped and looked at Medive and the other vampire and he decided to go to them.

"Are you guys going to stay awake all night?" he asked both of them.

Akita turned surprised that the human was speaking to him. He looked at Medive puzzled for a few seconds than responded.

"We are not tired like you both. Plus, we need to make sure we are not ambushed or anything" he looked at Alex and back at Sakura.

"You can go to him now" said Sakura smiling finding it amusing the gazes they were giving one another.

Akita blushed , smiled and leaved them two alone and head to Alex.

"I guess..." Alex sighed when Sakura told him that Medive could be a little bit of a jackass sometimes but was a good guy. That was easy for him to say, considering he had fallen in love with him. Which still didn't make sense to him, how could anyone fall in love with the person that had kidnapped them? It didn't make sense to Alex, but then again a lot of people could say similar things about him and Akita. That night they had met... it was a blur to him, foggy, the loss of blood had even made the sex that night foggy but the sore ass he woke up with the next morning had been a great reminder.

Pulled from his thoughts he heard Sakura tell him he should get some sleep, "Ah... yeah... goodnight." He said watching the other leave before he was looking at his hands. A few moments later Akita had come over to him, Alex instantly reaching for the other and leaning into him his eyes drifting shut as he sighed. "I love you, my handsome vampire." He said softly feeling the need to tell Akita that again after everything they had been through and everything they were going to continue to face.

Medive looked up when Sakura approached them a soft laugh escaping him when they were asked if they were going to stay awake all night. Akita handled it pretty well and a moment later Sakura was telling Akita to go to his human making Medive roll his eyes though he watched him leave. At this point he leaned down to kiss his own human a small smile crossing his face. "Go get some sleep, Sakura. You'll need the strength for the walk tomorrow. We still have another day of travel before we reach our destination, after which we are leaving Akita and his human there. I'll need you to rest while I set up some protective enchantments and then we will head back to the mansion."

He wanted Sakura to understand what was going on, wanted him to understand that they would not be staying in the cabin with the others. They were going to get them there safely and for him to set up the protection before they would be heading back to the mansion where they were going to live for awhile. Once he had managed to fix the Caramlia they would find another place to stay, unless Sakura had grown fond of the home by then. There really wasn't any telling how long it would take him to take care of things.

"I love you, my handsome vampire."

Akita wrapped his arms around the other, keeping him to his chest. Hearing those words from Alex made him wonder what came into him to say it in the first place. Olso, what did he and the other talked about. He didn't listen to their conversation even if he could have but he was listening more on the surroundings, making sure there where no other vampires hunting around them.

"I love you too my little human" he added in a whisper leaving after only silence as they sat near the fire to keep Alex warm. The night was getting chill and on different areas of the woods around them it was starting to get foggy. "How are you feeling? Are you ok? Was the food alright?" he asked leaning his chin o the others head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Go get some sleep, Sakura. You'll need the strength for the walk tomorrow. We still have another day of travel before we reach our destination, after which we are leaving Akita and his human there. I'll need you to rest while I set up some protective enchantments and then we will head back to the mansion."

"I know ... i know ... You've told me the plan a few times already. I am not that stupid you know" he said hugging the other by wrapping his arms around his waist, leaning his head to his chest. "I just wanted a small moment with you" he added sighing. The fact that they would leave Alex and Akita in that cabin and they would return to the mansion wasn't on his like. He just got his friend back. His human and only friend. But, since the other was with the vampire, he couldn't make him chose because he already knew the answer. Alex was with Akita and there was no way in separating them.

"I really don't like you when you are all serious" he said lifting his face being only inches away from his mouth. He lifted himself on the tip toes and kissed him goodnight.

"Good night my sweet vampire" he said smiling heading to his tent.

"I'm feeling fine." Alex replied not really understanding why Akita was asking him if he was feeling alright. He was happy to be lying against his vampire and be close to him again. Alex wasn't remotely looking forward to being locked away again, even if this time they were being locked away together. But that was why he was so willing, because it meant he had Akita all to himself, at his side without worrying about whether or not he was safe.

When he had first heard about the war he had been extremely worried about Akita, especially when he had been locked in the man's room alone. It had apparently been for a good reason that he had been worried though since Akita had come rushing in and telling him they had to leave now. It had all happened so fast. Alex let his eyes drift shut remaining close to him. "Sleep with me?" He asked not really wanting to climb into the tub alone."

"A small moment with me? Or a moment with me?" Medive teased the other leaning over him to give him another kiss a deeper kiss. He raised a curious eyebrow when Sakura told him that he really didn't like him when he was all serious. "Then you really must not like me most of the time." He commented. Feeling a little bothered by the news but at the same time not completely surprised since he had told him that more than once and he was sure he'd continue to hear it for as long as they were together. Which Medive was hoping would be quite awhile.

"Goodnight my pet." Medive mused watching Sakura head into the tent to go to bed. After which his eyes moved towards Akita and his human before they went to Jonah. He moved over to the vampire and decided he'd speak with him for a little bit but his mind was still on what Sakura had told him. Wondering why his words seemed to bother him so much, he didn't like the idea that he didn't like him at any point.

"Sleep with me?"

"i will stay with you in the tent" he said smiling hugging him a little tighter. Looking back at Medive he saw how the other was acting with the human. Even if he was saying that he doesn't care an all that, there was a change happening without Medive even realizing.

"Let's get you inside and comfy" he said to Alex getting up and walking with him inside the tent, covering him with the blanket to keep him warm. He sat next to him, holding him in his arms so that he can rest.

Sakura on the other hand tuck himself in the blankets and tried to relax but hearing everything outside in the forest it was a little bit hard to fall asleep immediately, but eventually the tiredness caught him and he finally fell asleep.

"That's all I can really ask for." Alex said when Akita told him he'd stay with him in the tent. He wanted the other to be with him while he was resting, even if it was just by being with him. Letting his vampire take his hand and lead him into their tent, he didn't argue or complain when Akita helped get him tucked in before he was taken into his boyfriend's arms. It was easy for Alex to fall asleep against Akita, his arms and his presence being more than enough to ease him into it. He slept quite peacefully in Akita's arms, always having his best sleep when his boyfriend was in arms reach.

Medive stayed up throughout the night with Jonah, keeping watch on the area around them and making sure they were not being followed. The night passing in much of a haze despite that, and before he knew it the sun was starting to rise. He let it rise completely before he was moving to wake Sakura up so they could get moving. Soon moving to let Akita know he should get his human up as well. It was going to be another long day of hiking through dense woods and they needed to get going. Right now he was still all business, the sooner Akita was in a safe place the sooner he could get moving on fixing things and getting them into a better situation. Better enough that his 'little brother' wasn't in any danger and would be able to move around freely again.

The night passed really quickly. They all wanted to rest a little more but they had to keep going. They weren't quite safe in the woods and they still had a long way ahead of them to reach the cabin.

Akita turned and try to wake Alex who was still sound asleep in his arms by moving him from side to side slightly

Sakura on the other hand woke up immediately because he couldn't sleep. He did try but he couldn't rest at all. Maybe because of the place where he was sleeping, even though he didn't had problems before, or the fact that they were on constant alert to be safe. He was tired but managed to get up, pack his things and waiting for the others to get ready.

It didn't took long till Akita was out and ready to head further in the woods. He was happy that the night went by without incidents.

Alex had slept soundly in Akita's arms but when he was being stirred awake he tried to fight it not ready to wake up yet. Grumbling and whining until he finally gave in with a soft whimper. Getting up and and changing packing things up again. Immediately he reached for his boyfriend's hand, tired and frustrated that he wasn't able to get as much sleep as he would like but knowing that complaining about it would just give Medive even more of a reason to hate him. He was sure that he had already heard him putting up a fight on being woken to begin with which wouldn't help his case in the slightest.

Medive glanced towards the pair Sakura having already gotten up and been packed just waiting on the two of them. He had Jonah give each of the humans something premaid to eat on the hike since they wouldn't have much time to keep stopping to eat before they would have to be on their way again. Taking Sakura's hand he started forward not really sparing the other vampire so much as a glance already knowing that he'd be following like a lost puppy. It was easy, having someone bound to you, it was great for Medive who had always found uses for such thing. It also made it incredibly difficult for him to understand why Akita was so against it. It didn't hurt the vampire after all, just made things a bit easier.

Jonah on the other hand was following but it was with a grumble. He had gotten used to sharing Medive's attention a few years ago, when he had taken a woman to fill his other needs but this... this was fair! Not only was it human but the jewel, how was he even remotely supposed to compete with that? Jonah craved Medive's attention, his affection and though the other insisted that he was still special to him he could see how quickly he was being replaced. It made him bitter, that was for sure. So much so that he hung back, even after Akita and his human. At least that vampire was smart and only had the one.