🐉~SKY-LAND~ (mik3la x M-jow)

Guest M-jow

Leo could honestly make anything Chase felt bothered by turn into something positiv. Chase blush with a smile. It made him feel less bad about eaten everything up like a pig. "I did eat everything you made" he comented, proving he wasn't trying to go on a diet.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:01 AM, mik3la said:

"I will try my best to fulfill this promise love"

"I know.. because I'll kept reminding you" The blond male smirked as he stroke Leo's hand with his thumb. Before the other stood. It didn't matter if it would be years before they

On 12/5/2022 at 1:01 AM, mik3la said:

"Let's rest for one last time here in our little paradise"

Chase squeezed Leo's hand as he too got up and followed him to the bed. Chase didn't wait to be invited. He crawled in and curled up on his side. Waiting for Leo to join in his spoon.

As they both lay there Chase's fingers trailed over Leo. He didn't say anything, he just enjoyed snuggling and being with his husband. He wasn't sure what they would get back to. But to be fair he wasn't worried. He knew nothing between them would change, and now that they were accepted and marriged before the people. Chase felt calm and settled within himself.

"Do you think they've missed you" Chase smiled as he stroke Leo's back . "Why, maybe your father have finally decided to step up"

Although the door was guarded the window wasn't. Jay had waited in the garden below until he say a flicker of light and guess the other was back. Jay picked up a few small stones and threw them at the window.

Two of them hit the glass with a low click click . He threw two more. Click click...

'Please Winston' Jay wasn't about to smash the window in, if he could help it. But he needed to make sure the male was really okay.. he wasn't sure if he was really face anything the other might tell him about the things that had happened.. but he couldn't do nothing.

"I don't know if they did or not ... I'm just happy they didn't bugged us about anything while we were here" he snuggled closer to Chase taking a deep breath and sighing closing his eyes as his body relaxed. 

"Honestly , i wish he would stay longer as king. That way i am only a prince and don't have much to do. That would give me more free time to spend it with you back home as well" he added kissing his shoulder. 

"Now rest love. Tomorrow we have a long ride" he added playing his hand up and down slowly on Chase's arm until he stopped as he fell asleep. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Winston was stilling on the edge of his bed when he heard the strange noises on his window which made him frown. He moved slowly and looked first but couldn't see much. Risking and feeling a little reticent at first, he opened the window and looked around and then down, only to see Jay standing there. 

He looked back at the door as he wasn't sure if he had closed it or not. So with one last glance and Jay, he stepped back in the room to the door and closed it. "I'll take a bath and then go to sleep. That's why i closed it. If anything , you can barge the doors" he said to the others hopping they will not though. Then he moved back to the window, groaning on its way there and made Jay a sign to get up there. 

Winston stepped away from the window and waited for the other to get in there as they needed to talk. 

"Um.." Chase hummed in respons as Leo's hand stroke his arm. He closed his eyes and relaxed against his mate till both were asleep.

When Chase woke he carefully untangled himself from Leo and tried not to wake him as he made his way to the bathroom to relive himself. He looked into the mirror on the wall as he washed his hands. His hair was messy but his complex looked well rested compared to when they got here a week ago. Same with Leo. He wasn't walking around with a worried frown as he had the habit of doing back home.

Chase washed his face and privats in the sink before he turned the water off. Then he snuck back in bed with Leo. He kissed his jaw and felt the stups from Leo's morning shadow. He wondered if Leo would look more like his father if his beloved grew a beard.

--------------

Jay's spirit lifted when he saw someone coming to the window and even more when that person turned out to be Winston. He waited patiently till the other signaled fir him to come up. Without much more that a quiet sound of a russle in the grass as he jumped and a soft bump as his feets meet the floor. "I figured we need to talk.. about this.. first of all, I had no idear this could happen!" Jay whispered. "I knew some dragons were in the territory, but not why. My father and some of his friends shares some of the Midnight kingdoms land. that is why I told you to be careful."

Winston waited a few moments and as soon as the other got in the room he pointed to keep it down before he sat on the edge of the bed again, holding a hand over his abdomen where the pain was still bugging him but not that much. It was more like a discomfort when breathing and walking. 

He looked at Jay, still not sure if he could trust him completely. The guy did tried to warn him  before leaving, telling him to be careful but he didn't thought much into it at the beginning as he thought it was just the worry that spoke. But it was worry because he knew something wasn't right but didn't direct told him. 

"I knew some dragons were in the territory, but not why. My father and some of his friends shares some of the Midnight kingdoms land. that is why I told you to be careful."

Winston waved his hand in the air motioning him to come closer. At this point he really wasn't sure what to do or to think. His guardian side wanted to suspect him, interrogate him, damn it , even fight him but there was no point in doing so. Ana at the same time his lover side just wanted to jump in his arms and hug him, ignoring everything else. But he did non of those. Winston just sat on the edge of the bed, watching Jay speak. Like trying to see if he could find any glimse of lying. But there was non.

"I believe you" he said sighing . "But that doesn't help the fact that good men died" he added frowning at the memory of how all of them fell into their hands. One by one taken down and kidnapped by them. 

"Those were not dragons" he said lifting his eyes to Jay. "They were like ... like lizards but with dragon power .... some sort of mixup between the species I ... I never seen something like that before" he closed his eyes for a second and then open them and continued. "They were more powerful than dragons in their full shape Jay" there was worry in his voice. 

"I don't know what you father wants to achieve but whatever it is .... it will not be good for any dragon in this world" he added biting his lip as he hated to feel so powerless, so useless and pathetic especially in combat where he had to be the best and he had been. Until now. 

"I .... I fear that you father is trying something against our kingdoms and with that kind of army .... i don't know if we'll be able to overcome it" he told him reaching out for his hand. "Please tell me you're not in with him as well .... Please" he pleaded him looking into his eyes with hope that he wasn't and that Jay was just another pawn like many others. That he wasn't with his father working to overtake kingdoms. Because that was true, then that meant that they would have to fight each other at some point or even kill. And he sure as hell didn't want that because somewhere deep down in his soul, he liked Jay way too much to lose him. 

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Edited by mik3la

Jay's heart pounded nervously as he spoke. His insides were in uproar with guilt, anger and even fear. He wasn't sure why Winston's hadn't just turned him over to the guards yet.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, mik3la said:

"I believe you ... But that doesn't help the fact that good men died" 

"..." Jay looked don't at the floor. He had hear about that from before. And he wouldn't be halfassed and say that he was sorry. Even if his was! It would just seem to really be his fault. He had seen most of the guys faces and even had a drik with a few. Given he didn't know them well it was still horrible what had happened. "I've heard.."

Jay listened to Winston explaining about what he had seen. He said thing that was hard to image and judging from how shaken his voice were, he could tell Winston had a hard time putting it all together too.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, mik3la said:

"Please tell me you're not in with him as well .... Please"

"No! No I'm not in on this! I've never wanted to be apart of his factor. Whatever they are doing the've kept it close to themself for a very long time. Up till now." His father wanted to rule. Jay had maybe deep down always known people would someday get hurt in the process. But to actually go this far a create monsters... had the person gone mad.

But why monsters? As far as he knew his father couldn't even handle the thought of just one dragon person sleeping with someone outside of their own species. From the words od is these monsters were much stronger than a dragon but. That guy wanted to rule over dragons, not freaks.

It was hard to take Winston outstretched hand and even harder to look up at him. He wasn't sure when he had begun to care do much for him that, seeing Winston like this made his chest feel like it was caving in.

Jay kneeled down infront of the other so he wouldn't he towering the man sitting on his bed. His eyes scaned Winston form gor a moment before he reached up to stroke the male's loss hair away from his face.

".... I'm not your kings enemy.. but if my father really is behind this. I don't know what I should do.. turn myself over or leave?.. heck this thing is just so fucked up. I've always made sure not to take sides...." Jay looked lost. He wanted proofs that his father really was involed in this before he could even start to thing.

"I'm sorry Winston.. I really am." His hand holding onto Winston's tightened. "I'm sorry for the lost, they were some good men"

"No! No I'm not in on this! I've never wanted to be apart of his factor. Whatever they are doing the've kept it close to themself for a very long time. Up till now."

That was enough for him to let the tension that the other might have something to do with all of it but given the way he spoke and how his voice was breaking at some points he could tell that Jay was telling the truth. He sigh in reliefe lowering his head a little, like a bow but leaned forward and rested on Jay's stomach as he was still standing in front of him. 

When Jay moved and kneeled in front of him, that made him frown and look at the other confused but more happy that he was now at the same level as him. 

".... I'm not your kings enemy.. but if my father really is behind this. I don't know what I should do.. turn myself over or leave?.. heck this thing is just so fucked up. I've always made sure not to take sides...." 

"No matter how much one tries not to take sides, somehow they will always end on one of them" he said reaching his hand placing it over the others cheek, holding it there for comfort. 

Winston understood that it wasn't easy being the son if that crazy bastard either and he could tell that Jay was in conflict with himself and his beliefs. But either way, Jay wasn't a bad person. He just didn't want to be involved in anything. He just wanted to live a silent life, with no major events and he could very much understand that. 

"We'll have to find a way to expose him. We cannot acuse a royal just like that. And besides, i know they don't believe me completely and thing that i had something to do with it" he said sighing. "The other elders and royals that were in the chamber with the king. they didn't trust me, and i get it. I was the only survivor which was a little strange. I could have get at least another guy with him. If only I could have saved them" he said looking at his hands remembering how they were all chased and caught without a trace or sound. 

"I'm sorry Winston.. I really am." His hand holding onto Winston's tightened. "I'm sorry for the lost, they were some good men"

"They were .... And for them we need to bring justice" he said frowning taking a deep breath as he was thinking about it. "I need to check the gounds again. If I can get a proof that this plot is for real and show the rest of the kingdoms what is happening there, then we can take them down" he started thinking of a new strategy to get there, ignoring the fact that he was still injured and probably would die if he was to return to that place. But he was too caught in his thoughts to think about those risks. He wanted justice for him, for his men and for the man before him. 

Winston was right. Jay knew he already had picked a side. Even without him doing nothing. The question left was just. Whoms side would he chose to be on..

On 12/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, mik3la said:

"I need to check the gounds again. If I can get a proof that this plot is for real and show the rest of the kingdoms what is happening there, then we can take them down"

Winston was already out the door in his head. Jay could see the determination and firmness in the man's eyes. But what the other seemed to have over looked was now noticed to Jay. 

Jay had thought he'd smelled blood on Winston's the first time. But then his body had been filthy from the battlefield and Winston had said he was fine, so everyone belive him.

Jay's nose had caught the scent of lavender but hadn't thought much more of it till now. This close he could smell the iron scent hidden behind the flowery disinfection.

"You.. were hurt" Jay's eyes widened as the puzzle pieces formed. Jay stood again and lifted up Winston's shirt to see a blood stained bandage wrapped around the other's waist. "Shit you said you weren't hurt. If it's this bad and not healing there is no way you can go back there!" It took alot to wound a dragon kin and even more to block their fast healing abilities. "Did a doctor see this? I'll go get one right now. Even if I'll haft to break right back in with one" Jay sounded so worried as he looked at the poorly wrapped bandage.

"You.. were hurt"

That statement was enough to make Winston stop talking and looked surprised that the other caught on him. But before he could say or do anything the other got up and at him lifting his shirt only to see his left handed bandaged wound, which had bleed a little ever since he returned from the meeting with the king. 

Seeing him burst like that and almost running out to get a doctor and talking out loud he caught him by the hand and pulled him down on the edge of the bed next to him. "Would you be quiet? I'm fine. No need to worry about it" he said taking a deep breath not wanting the guards to burst his doors open. 

"I cleaned the wound, something that the doctor would do the same. So there is nothing a doctor could do right now. I just need to wait for the wound to heal which is a fucking slow process for whatever reason" he scuffed at the thought that those guys had something on their weapons that could slow healing process to dragons when in human form. He didn't know how would be if a dragon in his actual form would be but being wounded in human form it was making it harder. 

He was still holding Jay by the arm, not letting him go, god knows what to do. But hearing him so upset and worried for him he just couldn't stop his soft smile in the corner of his lips. It felt nice to have someone caring for you. 

"Plus, the doctor probably sleeps right now and i don't want to make a bunch of noise because of this involving guards and all that shit. I'm fine" he added looking at him. 

Jay growled more suprised than of anger when he was suddenly yanked down by the arm.

22 hours ago, mik3la said:

"Would you be quiet? I'm fine. No need to worry about it(...)I cleaned the wound, something that the doctor would do"

"A doctor would test to see if the would was poisened. Did you do that?! I bet you didn’t remember that." Jay grumbled as he reached out for the wounded arm.

"Here let me" he said as he took a hold and started to unwrap the loss hangning bandage. "You would need a new one anyway to keep germs away"

Jay's fingers work fast but careful as he reached the last inner layer where the blood and dried the fabric into the flesh.

Jay went to the bathroom to get a wet cloth and gently patted the bandage till it was loos enough to pull of.

"The wound dosen't seem infected" Jay said as he inspekted the cut. He the did something very weird. He leaned in and licked his tongue against the wound.

He might not have had lots of field experience, but Jay had hear from somewhere that dragons could tast poison almost instantly. A clear indication of poisoning, would make his tongue numb after a few seconds.

Jay had to hold back from gaging as he got some of Winston's blood in. But he had be prepare or that. "...I don't think it lethal poison, if there any.. I've only heard about testing this way. Not actually tried it out before. But the guy who told me if this method was legit." Jay tried to explain so the other wouldn't be weirded out by his behavor. His tongue didn't get numb even after he help clean up the wound.

"I will go." Jay suddenly said while he was tying a new bandage around Winston's arm. "I'll go get answers but you shouldn’t come with me. If it really is my father behind this he will not harm me.. but he would harm you because you are a 'Lander'"

A doctor would test to see if the would was poisened. Did you do that?! I bet you didn’t remember that." 

Winston bite his tongue hearing Jay's words as he knew he was right but he didn't want to make a fuss about it. Actually he didn't thought that it could be that kind of poison. He only thought there must have been something to slow down the healing process. 

"You would need a new one anyway to keep germs away"

"Ngh..." he groan a little when the wrap was removed , taking deep breaths, letting the other help him clean the dried blood that has formed and stuck to the bandage. Good think that the other used a watered cloth to soften the dried blood and removed the bandage. 

"The wound dosen't seem infected" 

"Told ya ...ngh....You didn't had to worry so much...hgn...w-wha-...wh-at are you doing?" he said surprised by Jay's action. Is not like they didn't do something more embarrassed than this but this was definitely something different. A complete new level of intimacy. 

"...I don't think it lethal poison, if there any.. I've only heard about testing this way. Not actually tried it out before. But the guy who told me if this method was legit." 

"Y-You could have warned me before" he said flustered , looking to the side as the other finished inspecting his wound and started bandaging him again. 

Winston couldn't deny the fact that he was feeling conflicted but seeing the worry in the others eyes and hearing him talk like that, it was making his conflict to vanish and trust Jay more and more. jay had nothing to do with what happened. 

"I'll go get answers but you shouldn’t come with me. If it really is my father behind this he will not harm me.. but he would harm you because you are a 'Lander'"

Winston caught him by the hand holding him back, too afraid to let him go. Even if he was his son, he wasn;t sure the crazy man wouldn't hurt him if he thought he was a menace to his plan. He wouldn't be able to accept that. He would be shattered to pieces and not able to be put back together if Jay was to get hurt or even worst, die , because all of this. He cared too much to lose him. 

"..." he didn't know what to say. He just looked at the other in silence, not sure what were the right words to say. The only thing that came to his mind was pull him close and kiss him with all his heart. And that was what he did. He pulled him close, caught Jay by the neck and pulled him close in desperate kiss that took his breath away. 

"Please be careful " he breath still holding the other close kissing him one more time before letting him go. "Come back safe" he added looking at Jay. It was the first time that Winston was feeling scared. Scared of loosing someone he cared for. Someone he finally let into his heart. He was afraid of losing them. 

Jay was prepared for Winston to start fighting him against going alone. Like how Winston usally comented with his suggestions.  But the king had him in house arrest with guards outside his door. Although the king had said it would be for Winston's protection. Everyone one could see the king was nervous about the situation. And even though had nothing to do with Winston, some people would be suspicious by the fact he was the only one to have returned.

He looked down as Winston took a firm hold around his wrist. Jay felt the pull and looked back up just as the other drew his breath away with a sudden kiss.

"Mn.." It didn't take long before Jay joined in and kissed him back. Winston's warm mouth felt reassuring and helped calm his worry.

On 1/3/2023 at 2:29 PM, mik3la said:

"Come back safe"

Jay felt his lips pull up in a smile as he looked into Winston's eyes.

"Careful Captain, I might starte to think you like me" he teased. But although none of them had said anything. Jay knew the way Winston look at him was changing and he was accepting it. In some ways Jay was changing too, and it didn't feel too bad. He could picture himself with Winston. But he wasn't ready to admit his thoughts yet.

"I will by alright" he said, sure of his words as he held Winston's hands tightly. "I don't know how long I'll be away but I'll try to get back as fast as I can.. remember to get a doctor to look at that if it isn't health by morning" it felt strang to say goodby so he didn't. Instead he caressed Winston's cheek gently with his hand and looked at him quietly. "When I get back we are heading out for drinks. My treat this time" he grined as he stood. He walked over to the window, looked back and smiled before he threw himself out the window. He transformed midt air. His golden body reflected the light out to the darkness.

A guards sounded an alarm from the gate as he passe. Two dragon kin shifted and tried to follow Jay but he was fast and had a big jump start. They kept coming and followed him all the way to the border. But as he went futher into the midnight territory the guards stopped. Afraid to follow him any futher.

-----------------

"♡Leo~♡... Leo~♡" Chase lay dressed down on the bed and gently called to his husband. He smiled a he pooked the other's cheek just to annoy him a litte.

It was getting on to afternoon by now and Leo had been snoring all half the day away. Chase had let him sleep in. As this was the last day, but he still thought Leo should get up to eat something before they departed.

He had used the last eggs to make them a huge brunch. Although he wasn't good at cooking he could do the basis and abit more after having cooked with Leo for a week.

"Careful Captain, I might start to think you like me"

Winston smirked at that comment but didn't respond to it. Because it was true. He had started to like him. Which was surprising enough that someone made him melt like that, but he did. He showed him kindness and warmness and a little rebellion which he had to admit it felt awesome. 

"I don't know how long I'll be away but I'll try to get back as fast as I can.. remember to get a doctor to look at that if it isn't health by morning" 

He nodded. "I will" he closed his eyes leaning into the others hand a little before opening his eyes again sighing. All he wanted was some peace and happiness for them. Was that much to ask? He hated always to be on the run or doing errands and never have time for himself. 

"When I get back we are heading out for drinks. My treat this time" 

Winston chuckled. "I'll remember that" he said watching him jump off the balcony and flying up in the sky. The guy was crazy, but he liked it. 

Since there wasn't much he could do, Winston layed back in bed, covered himself with the blanket and tried to sleep. Tomorrow's going to be a long day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The soft whispers caring his name were delightful, making him want to listen to them like to a lulliby. But the pocking to his cheek made him frown in his sleep, forcing him to open his eyes and yawn. 

"Its already morning?" he grumbled as he was rubbing his eyes and stretching his limbs. "Hei baby" he greeted his love catching Chase's hand that was pocking his cheek before, and brought it to his lips to kiss it. "I see someone if full of energy" he said sitting up smelling the delicious food that was waiting for him. 

"Did you cook this for me?" he said surprised but happy. He really was the luckiest bastard in the world. "thank you wifey" he teased moving to the edge of the bed, staying right next to Chase. 

After having lost the guards by the border, Jay wondered how he would be able to find the monsters Winston had told him about. However he didn't haft to wait long. Something sharp suddenly dug in between his shoulderblads. He growled as he spun around in the air to get whatever attack him off.the creaturs hissed at him but didn't release it's claws. If anything it only buried it's claws deeper into Jay's flesh.

Jay dived down and rolled around to land on his back as he hit the ground hard. The annoying thing choose to let go just before they would crash and jumped off as the golden dragon fell.

The little fuck were no bigger than a horse. Jay could squeezed that ting by slapping it like an mosquito. Jay picked himself back up again and got really to fight as more of it's friends arrived after.

Jay roared and the deformed dragons charged at him. Jay was gathering up his flame but before he could release it someone attack him from behind and smashed the back of his head with enough power to send him out cold.

Jay's body fell over, unmoving as the creatures swarmed around him and his attacker.

An dark blue dragon leaned in over Jay's form to make sure he really was unconscious. Of coures he knew this bastard but these freaks would attack everyone and anything unless the leaders wanted otherwhise.

"Well can't say I expect to see him here. Maybe lord Marcus's son has finally decided to join" the dragon talked to himself as he eyed the creatures trying to crawl closer. But with one snap of his head they drew back.

"Of course you guys would be exited. Never seen someone so huge like him. This is what a pure royal bloodline looks like. " the dark dragon said. "Bring him in.. as an guest. No tying him up."

Yhe dragon comanded before he took od to inform his superior about their visitor.

-----------

Chase smiled as his persisting seemed to have finally worked.

"You've sleep almost half the day away already. I didn't want to wake you at first but.."Chase explained as Leo pulled his hand in to kiss it. The blond chuckled and nipped at his lower lip. Leo's sleep druged eyes and his bed ready fictures were so sexy. He didn't even minded Leo had just called him 'wifey' although he would usally coment on that.

"Mn I made brunch its just basic and left overs from the fridge." Chase replied with a warm smiled that made his cheeks tickle.

Chase bent down and gave his mate a proper kiss on the mouth before he pulled back again. "Come eat with me, I'm starving but wouldn't eat without you"

"Mn" he groan in the kiss and licked his lips when the kiss ended, keeping a smile on his face. "I like to wake up like this" he said moving closer to the other to join the meal. 

"The cart should be here any minute now. Good that we have packed" he said while eating the food his lover made which was very good. He made a note in his mind to ask Chase to prepare breakfast more often and wake him up like this. That would be for later. 

"I wonder how is everyone back home. Hope nothing burned down while we were gone" he said making a joke but little did he know what he will find when they would return. 

After they finished eating, Leo checked their bags and walked outside where the servant and cart was waiting for them to get them back home. 

"Lets go home love" he said holding his hand out waiting for Chase to take it. 

Chase lingered a little when they stood infront of the cart. He would really miss those carefree days.

10 hours ago, mik3la said:

"Lets go home love" he said holding his hand out waiting for Chase to take it.

Chase looked at Leo's hand as he eventually took the offer hand in his. Leo was his true home. It wasn't this place or a castle. The blond stepped into the cart and pulled the other doon the seat next to him. It would take several hours before they reached even reached the territory. It was too early to wonder about that just yet.

Chase breathed out a small sigh as he rested his turned sideways in his seat. He squeezed Leo's hand as he looked at him.

".. can we cuddle a little?" Chase asked although he knew Leo properly wouldn't have turned him down. He still didn't like riding in a horse pulled cart and that mixed with his sadness of leaving, made him want his mate's comfort. That and he felt strangling vulnerable. His stomach tingled and all he wanted was to press himself against Leo's body. He felt the best in Leo's arms and his heart fluttered.

Chase gently kissed Leo's nap. "I just wanna feel you for as longe as I can" it was about sex. This was about closeness the mutual bonding the pregnant partner carved for their mate. Even without knowing it yet.

Once they were in the cart and started to drive home Chase got closer to him which made him look at him curious. He knew that the other didn't liked horses and all but with the cart it should be different. 

".. can we cuddle a little?"

"Of course love" he said wrapping his arm around the other, holding him close to him all the way back home. He didn't thought about much as they were always trying to stay closer to one another and cuddle so this was something normal. 

The road was bumpy but eventually they reach his kingdom and soon the cart stopped Leo rubbed his hand on Chase's back. "We've arrived love" he said softly waiting for the other to pull away in order for them to get out of the cart. 

Winston woke up the next morning feeling a little better but the wound was still stinging a little but was barrable. He got up, showered and changed the bandage and headed outside to get something to eat. The guards on his door were still there and fallowed him all the way to the kitchen. 

When Leo arrived the trumpets could be heard so Winston ate quickly something and headed outside to greet his friend and his partner. 

"Welcome back my lord" he said bowing his head shortly as Leo was stepping out of the cart helping Chase do the same. "Its good to have you back" 

Chase moved back when Leo's voice brought him out of his thoughts. He looked out to see Leo's right hand partner and good friend. He hadn't really gotten the change to really talk much with Winston or gotten to know him. At the weeding he had been Leo's bestman but he still didn't know exactly who this person was. He only knew that he had seen him around Jay after the weeding.

"Told you" Chase puffed to Leo. Before he adressed Winston. "Belive me, he has been worried even since we left. 

Their arrival was announced to the royal family after they had entered the city.

Leo's mother and sisters came soon after Winston's greeting. The youngest threw her small arms around Leo and smiled brightly at them both. "Welcome back big brother" the youngest moved from Leo to Chase.  "I've missed you too Chase"

Chase smiled but was almost scared to move when she started to hang against him. He was afraid she would fall if he made the wrong move. The Queen and the rest od the girls chuckled. "Honey don't hang"

The youngest straightened back up but didn't removed her arms. Chase smiled and reached down to pick the girl up with one arm and sat her against his hip. The little girl squealed and hugged his shoulder as she pressed her cheek against his. He greeted the rest of the ladies but could sense something was off with the atmosphere.

The Queen look to the crownprince her son and then at Winston. Of coures she was informed about what had happened yesterday. "It is good to have you home" the Queen said as she walked in to gently embrace her son. "I just would have wished it was under better circumstances.. you'll need to speak with your father but I think it would be best if Winston spoke with you first" she nodded to Winston as it was his job at Leo's most trusted captain.

Chase sat the little princess back down and she ran off to her nanny.

Something was definitely not alright. But then again he wasn't suprised the king was incompetent without Leo around. He just didn't voice it out right there.

"I'm coming to" Chase said as they started walking inside.

Winston looked at Chase and smiled at his comment regarding Leo. He knew that wasn't the case but he didn't say anything about it. When the queen and the princesses came out to greet them, he bow his head in respect stepping to the side making room for them. 

Leo hugged his sisters and his mother and looked confused and worried at her and then at Winston when she mentioned that he should be the first to explain him what had happened while they were away. 

"what happened?" he asked as they walked together down the halls to meet with his father. He was happy that Chase was with him. He was part of this family and this kingdom now so he needed to hear this as well. 

"A lot has happened" Winston started sighing walking a little slower now as he couldn't keep quick pace that the others had. Even if he was looking better, the wound was slowly healing. 

Leo noticed this and grabbed Chase's hand to slow down the pace. 

"Are you hurt?" he asked Winston as he stopped eventually turning to his friend. "What the hell happened?" Leo was starting to get frustrated and anxious. He never saw his friend in such a shape. Yeah, they had fought before and got injured but the other never looked so rusty. 

"It would seem that .... someone is creating different breeds of dragons or something like that for an upcoming war with both skyland and landers" he said sighing and then he started telling them both what had happened a few days ago. How he and other men/dragons went to help the next kingdom, how they were ambushed, how everyone was killed and taken away right before his eyes and how he made it barely out alive himself. And also that his wound was healing slower than normal and that's why he was in the state he was. 

"WHAT?!" said Leo shocked. 

Winston nodded looking at his friend and Chase. He didn't mentioned that Jay's father was behind it. He kept that out not wanting to impose something without evidence making him look even more suspicions than he already was, even though he was just a victim himself. 

"i'm sorry. I have failed you and this kingdom. I'm really sorry for running away from the battlefield but ... but i had to be sure the king or you gets this information. I didn't had a choice. It was all i could think about as i escaped" he said trying to hold his tears back. 

"Winston ...." Leo looked at his friend , too shocked to say anything. He looked at Chase and back at his friend. "You didn't do anything wrong. From what you're saying , if you hadn't return we wouldn't had known this information" he said placing a hand on his friends shoulder. "You're not to blame for what happened. So keep your head up. I'm going to sort things out" he smiled to his friend and then turned to Chase grabbing his hand. "You'll have to speak with your father as well and let him know about this. If you want you can do it from my office, Winston can bring you there and after you can come my fathers office" he told him feeling his blood boil. Whoever was behind this was going to pay. 

Chase followed beside Leo until he felt Leo suddenly grab his wrist and held him back. The man turned confused for a moment until he noticed Winston was falling back and that Leo wanted them to slow down for the other's sake.

He very much doubt this was just political and stayed quiet as Leo lead the conversation.

1 hour ago, mik3la said:

"It would seem that .... someone is creating different breeds of dragons or something like that for an upcoming war with both skyland and landers"

Chase looked at the other in chock. This sounded absolutely insane. From Winston detailed explanation this wasn't anything that had just happened. Fuck.. he knew some of the older bloodline guys were fixated on purifying their line through careful chosen candidates of heirs. But this.. this would sicken even those kind of people.

"You say they were many. Like what scale are we taking about? If there were enough to overpower an entire squad of trained soldiers what's to stop them from coming here" Leo felt his chest pumpe a little faster cause of the news. This was terrible but also kinda exiting in it own way.

1 hour ago, mik3la said:

"You'll have to speak with your father as well and let him know about this. If you want you can do it from my office, Winston can bring you there and after you can come my fathers office"

"I know where your office is" Chase said with a firm voice as this was serious matters. "I'll still like for sir Winston to come with me though. He might be able to answer things I can't." Chase nodded to Winston. He didn't blame him either for how things had turned out. Winston was right to have made it his priority to return with this information.

Compared to skyland. This land was such an exposed target.

"Go" Chase said to Leo like it was the most normal thing to say. There weren't time for cute feeling in this moment and they both knew what they had to do. "I'll see you soon" he said with a nod and looked to Winston as Leo walked off. "Where is Jay" he asked as the made their way to Leo's office. Soon he would haft to get some officespace for himself too if this was what their lift was going to be like from now on.

"If my cusin is out daunting, it best to have some guards to bring him here. In case things were to go sour quickly" Chase said as he opened the door to Leo's study and hurried inside to get the crystal.

"You say they were many. Like what scale are we taking about? If there were enough to overpower an entire squad of trained soldiers what's to stop them from coming here" 

"From what i remember from the fight it was at least 10 of them. But there were also humans that joined them" he said looking at Chase when speaking about this. "I cannot say what they are waiting for .... maybe still regrouping or trying to conquer other kingdoms on their sides like they did with that one" he said shaking his head as he wasn't sure. Winston didn't know what to think anymore. Everything was sounding so crazy and like fantasy that he couldn't think clearly anymore. 

"I'll still like for sir Winston to come with me though. He might be able to answer things I can't."

Winston looked at Chase and nodded as he understood and was ready to fallow him everywhere. Even if Leo was his prince, Chase had become part of his jurisdiction as well and he was going to protect and fallow him too. 

Leo looked at Chase taking a deep breath. This was not what he had in mind when they returned home. This was not what he promised to Chase when he married him. But he will damn well do whatever it took to keep him safe and provide a safe place for him. 

"Go"

Leo nodded kissing him rapidly before rushing to his father's office opening the door like a storm. "Father, i just heard what happened. What is our strategy in this? Who do we still have as alis?" he asked stepping closer to the desk. 

Winston fallowed Chase to Leo's office and after he closed the doors and turned he looked at Chase when he asked about Jay and he turned his gaze to the side not sure if he should tell him what he knew. Jay and his father were part of Chase's family and if he was to misstalk them in front of him might upset the other. But that was the truth. 

"My Lord .... Jay .... went back to the ambushed area to ... investigate something" he said taking a deep breath and sighing heavy, holding his hands to his back. His eyes were still to the side. 

"He left last night after confirming that .... huh.... your uncle is .... behind this" he said it slowly closing his eyes as he was expecting the other to punch him for saying such a blasphemy about his uncle and about his family. He started to explain what Jay had told him and how he tried to warn him about the whole deployment going there and that he wasn't part of it. 

Edited by mik3la

Chase felt his mate's feelings of regrets even if he hadn't been looking at him. But from would Leo might not have considered. Chase was already aware this was what it required for people in their positions. He wasn't regret full but he didn't appreciate the small gesture of affection. It gave Chase a little smile on his lips.

Now there was just this matter to taker care of.

23 hours ago, mik3la said:

"My Lord .... Jay .... went back to the ambushed area to ... investigate something" 

"He did what!" Chase gasped at this sudden information. 

23 hours ago, mik3la said:

"He left last night after confirming that .... huh.... your uncle is .... behind this"

Chase rubbed his face with his palm. "Of course.. yes why hadn't I thought about that." The dragon genuine sounded angry and annoyed with his complicated familie affairs.

Chase stopped and looked at Winston from toe to top. "First of did you see a doctor, cause if those wounds from yesterday haven't healed it could maybe have cause permanent damage, left untreated..secondly just call me Chase you don't need to use titles when we speak." Chase said and made a gesture for Winston to sit in one of the comfort couches.

------

"Mnm mh ouch!" Winston groaned as he lifted his head. He felt the best pulsating still sore from the thing that had kicked him out. Winston found himself in a unfamiliar place, a ruin of some sort. But this one seemed like it had been destroyed recently. There were no moss or plant life living on the debris of stone yet. And he could still smell the scent of soot and ash. He had been moved to this location even while being in his dragon form. Which were quite impressive because of his huge size and weight. There would have had to had been a lots of people to move him this far.

He rolled onto his stomach and noticed some weird giant lizards watching him for afar. "Well that one was new.. don't think you guys win and beauty contests anytime soon" he comented as a trick to see if the beings understood of acted threatening towards him. But the lizards barely seemed to react in any way he can translate their action. Something metalish clinked on his back and he looked back to see that his wings were cuffed so he couldn't fly of.

"What the hell is this?" He asked confused.

At first Winston was surprise to see Chase believing him so easily like he already knew that this was something his uncle would do. So why couldn't the king believe him this easily or the others. Why was he suspected about it? 

"First of did you see a doctor, cause if those wounds from yesterday haven't healed it could maybe have cause permanent damage, left untreated. Secondly just call me Chase you don't need to use titles when we speak."

Winston chuckle at the mention of the doctor as it reminded him of Jay, him saying the same thing. "It would seem that it is a family resemblance the doctor thing" he said more to himself but he shaken his head. 

"No, i haven't. I managed to disinfect it alone and Jay helped last night with changing the bandages with clean ones. Didn't thought a doctor would be necessary" he said honestly looking up at the other. 

"Chase will be then" he smiled bowing his head shortly with a soft smile on his face. Leo found the right person for him as Chase was having the same values just like Leo. He was really happy for them but this was only make him wonder and worry for the other one. He really hopped that Jay was safe and still alive. 

Edited by mik3la

On 1/8/2023 at 7:14 PM, mik3la said:

"It would seem that it is a family resemblance the doctor thing" 

Chase shivered in disguise on the inside. He would rather not be compared to that asshole.

"..Jay has no medical knowledge and it would be best to get the doctor." Chase said foldning his hands on the table. "For now sit tight" he continue as he pulled the crystal out and placed it on the table.

Chase still didn't know where to place Jay. He had always suspect that the son was involved in his father's schemes. His uncle hadn't actively stood against Chase's father for the thone. But when it came to Chase, the man was against him even being in the same room. The guy had tried to undermind his way up for as long as Chase knew. His father always acted like he didn't notice because the man was his little brother and they had never been able to hold onto proves of conspiracy.

The crystal pulsated with a soft blue glow for quite a while before it was answered.

The image of the dragon-king's dragon head appeared. Chase greeted his father and introduced Winston whom was with him. He told him of the situation and tried to explain Winston's story as the other had told him. In the end he finished with.

"Jay is gone. He went to investigate but I doubt he will be back soon. Father do you really have no idear what my uncle is doing. If this is him. This is not just a threate to sky-land, everyone human and dragons alike will be in danger. My advice to you is get eyes on the lords. We will do the same at our end. The people behind this know who they are and know that we know now. Don't try sending guards after them before we have a plan"

After the call ended Chase felt a little dizzy when he stood from his chair. He lean  to uphold himself. He looked at Winston. "Now the doctor. And nop, it is not up for discussion. I expect you to keep my husband safe and sain when I'm not around."

-------

The king meet Leo's in his office. He was still in a meeting with his council men about the matter when Leo entered.

The men whom had been arguing loudly between eachother grew quiet as the prince walked in.

"Prince Leo" the nobles greeted the prince and bowed lightly.

"Leo I take it you know some of what this commotion is about" his father said from behind his desk.

Winston stayed quite as the other suggested while he was talking with the sky king and explaining what had happened. He didn't liked the fact that the other talked like that about Jay but he didn't comment anything about that as he had no right to do it. Chase knew jay better than him but maybe he didn't seen his good side till now. That could also be a possibility. 

Once the call with the sky king was done, Winston looked at Chase as he he got up and got a little dizzy suddenly, worrying him a little. He had rushed next to Chase holding a hand on the back and the other the arm as Chase leaned a little on him. Mentioning his job to keep Leo safe even when the other wouldn't be around made him frown. 

"Don't say that please. You'll be around Leo a long time. So don't worry about not being around" he said taking a deep breath at the doctor idea that the other wasn't going to leave it. 

"If the doctor will check me I would like him to have a look at you as well. This dizziness is not normal" he said removing his hands once Chase was stabled on his feet. "It could be stress and all but still. You need to be checked" he added smiling blinking a few times as he had a moment of deja-vu but shaken it off. 

"Let's go Lord Ch-.... I mean Chase" he corrected himself soon after seeing how Chase was looking at him. This guy was sometimes more difficult and more stubborn than Leo. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo looked at the nobles and scuff silently as he didn't want them in there. But since his father was having a meeting with them there was no point in making a scene. 

"Yes. Winston had told me everything on the way here" he said as he reached his father's desk.

"Do we know which other kingdoms have been accepting those guys? Who are left on our sides?" he started asking watching his father and the other nobles.

"And also , why the sudden silence when I walked in. What where you guys arguing about?" he asked  keeping his eyes on the nobles waiting for them to talk. 

Chase simply thought the carriage trip jhad made him a bit nauseated. 

"I don't need a check up it just nausea after being locked up in that damn horse pulled torture device" Chase scuffed at the other's insistence.  But then realized it would make do to get Winston to the doctor.

He tapped Winston's back as a thanks for his help. "Then lets go" Chase knew he needed to join up with Leo. But he was sure that Leo would fill him in for what he missed. And right now Leo would properly have agreed with him about take Winston to a doctor.

The walked out of Leo's office and headed to the research room where the doctors worked when they wasn't called for.

The two people inside looked at the pair entering with somewhat confused looks. "Prince Chase, sir Winston? Whatever brings you two here?" One of de doctors asked before he noticed the funny way Winston was walking.

"Over here" the doctor said as he signal over at some emty beds to the side.

(Don't know what they'll do with Winston.)

---------------------------------

"As far as we know 2 other territories are in the same state, but Midnight was the one closest to us. We have scouts out watching the border. Their orders are to report and not engage. We lost 27 people, and two guards were reported missing this. Our knights and soldiers are on standby for now."

47 minutes ago, mik3la said:

"And also , why the sudden silence when I walked in. What where you guys arguing about?"

Instead of the king one of the head council members answered. "We've discussed where to send the key members of the royal family. If an attack happens we haft to secure the bloodline. As the next heir your highness to the kingdom we can't risk sending you into battle"

Another voiced in "The prince is in comand of our military forces. Without him the commanders will much likely be at eachothers throats then the enemies."

"But the Prince is still heirless and none of the prinsesss are marriged either."

The king looked at Leo. It was no secret the king pressure Leo into taking a mistress since he started being interested in a male. Now Leo was almost 100 years old, marriged to a male and with no children.

Leo's father was lucky to have fallen in love with a woman who was quick to carry Leo just a few mouths after their first night. If his mate had been infertile he knew it was expected that he would take one a second wife. Leo should know this duty as well, but he kept avoiding it. "I know you are just home from your honeymoon but you need to make a decision. "Either you go into hidding with your mother, you sisters and your husband. Or you do your duty on carrying this bloodline one. Lord Harsta and Duke Long both have daughters whom both are willing to mother your child."