An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"Bye guys! Don't be strangers." Kaine said saying goodbye to the family as Ren was happily sitting by the front door watching them leave tail slightly swaying. After the pair was gone and it was back to just the four of them a small smile appeared on his face. "We should get the boys some dinner before we head in for the night too." He told his husband. "I think Daddy should cook tonight!" Kaine added with a laugh Ren having rushed over at the mention of food pawing at Tenmo's leg at the suggestion of daddy cooking.

?Looks like me it is? Tenmo laughed, seeing Ren pawing at his leg. ?Okay okay, how about burgers tonight? Or what are we feeling tonight?? Tenmo grinned as he got to cooking whatever the family wanted. He kept his Keyes on both the boys and the food, not wanting them to snatch any while it was still cooking. Soon it was all plated up, ready to eat. Ash was still getting the hang of using a knife but he was starting to use the fork well enough so he didn?t mind too much

"Burgers sound lovely." Kaine replied not really caring himself but needing to admit they sounded great. "Bacon!" Ren was throwing in, human again and closely watching what his daddy was doing. Occasionally Ren tried to snatch something early but he was always caught before he could causing him to pout and sit at the table. Dinner was done soon enough though and he was eager to dive into eating. Happily munching on his food feet kicking a little under the table though he was careful to make sure he didn't accidentally kick anyone while doing so. "You're such a good cook." Kaine told his husband a pleased smile on his face.

“Okay okay Ren, I’ll make yours with bacon. You too Ash! No picking at it and just eating the bacon, I’ll give you extra bacon if you finish your food first” Tenmo smiled when they finally sat down. “I do my best” He chuckled as they ate, giving Ash and Ren a few pieces with how well they finished the actual burger. “Okay, I’m going to wash up, you boys get to bed” He said with a warm smile on his face

Ren ended you picking all his bacon of first but still ate the burger without a hard time. Finding he actually really like it, humming happily. After dinner they were told to get to bed, Ren objected saying he wasn't tired though Kaine argued otherwise since Ren had yawned more than once during dinner. After a small argument and realizing he wasn't going to win Ren said goodnight and made his way upstairs to bed. Kaine on the other hand did the dishes filling a sink with hot soapy water before his husband needed it to shower so he could wash them while his puppy was cleaning himself up.

Kaine wanted to do the dishes, letting him before making sure the boys went upstairs like they were supposed to. “See you in bed darling if the dishes take too long” He hummed happily, taking his shirt off on the way upstairs. He enjoyed the hot shower, getting dressed for bed. Although he tried to wait for Kaine to come back to bed, he ended up passing out with how tiring the day was for him

Kaine tried to make it fast but didn't want to rush it too.much since he wanted to make sure everything was clean. By the time he finished and made it upstairs he saw that Tenmo had already passed out. A gentle smile crossed his face, slipping out of his shirt he slipped into the bed and wiggled his way into Tenmo's arms. Humming happily as he managed to wrap his arms around Tenmo. Eyes drifting shut it didn't take him long to fall asleep after.

A day or so had gone by, Tenmo up making a Hearty breakfast for the kids. He Wanted to take Ren out on his first proper hunt at his new home, not sure he can handle the two of them alone but was willing if Kaine came along for it. But that wouldn’t be until much later tonight..He thought to himself as he thought he heard someone at the door. “Kaine, cna you get the door? I need to watch the sausage” He called out, the pan of meat sizzling and not wanting it to burn

"Sure." Kaine replied heading for the door. Eyes landing on Bryan who was standing there with a small carrier in hand. "Can I ask a huge favor of you and Tenmo?" Bryan asked keeping Kaine from seeing what was in the carrier yet telling him not yet. "Tenmo! Bryan has an animal and won't let me see it!" Kaine whined as Bryan lead the way into the kitchen where Tenmo was cooking. Ren had scurried down the stairs at the mention of an animal and Bryan was trying to keep Kaine and the child from seeing the carriers contents yet. "Like I told Kaine I have a huge favor to ask you guys." Bryan told Tenmo. He made sure everyone was calm before opening the carrier and pulling out the tiny puff ball that was the kitten Otso had fallen for at the shelter. "I kinda need you guys to watch her for a day or two while I finish prep for something. I don't want Otso to see her before its time." Bryan told them. Kaine bouncing up and down dying to hold the little kitten. "It's so tiny!" Kaine said excitedly. "I'll supply everything you guys need for her stay." Bryan added hoping they'd agree.

Tenmo tilted his head curiously when Kaine mentioned Bryan having an animal. An animal....? He didn’t know Bryan very well but he didn’t seem like the type to own an animal. He quickly took the sausage out of the pan once it was cooked and came out to seeing a tiny little fluffball that wasn’t bigger than his palm maybe smaller. “For Otso..? You are going to have him in tears. Always wanted a cat, werewolves and cats usually weren’t the best and all. More Adrian said no cats” He chuckled, coming over to the tiny little puff of fur that let out a quiet meow. “I don’t see why we can’t..boys please be careful with them, they look like a runt” He said softly, setting the kitten down on the floor

"Believe me, he's told me. When we were out on a date the other day he wanted to go by the shelter on the way home. Fell instantly for this kitten so I made sure I was quick in calling them when he wasn't around to say I wanted it. Was given the clear to pick it up today but I can't have Otso finding out yet. Little thing is the second most important part of my surprise for Otso Monday night." Bryan informed the group. Watching Ren and Ash closely to make sure they didn't hurt it accidentally or otherwise. Ren was gently petting the small animal which made him feel more at ease. "Monday morning I'll need help tying a ribbon on it loosely and a... ring." Bryan said trying not to blush and kind of hoping that they wouldn't figure out what that meant.

Tenmo listened as Bryan seemed to make sure Otso got the little kitten that captured his heart. No wonder Otso liked the runt of the litter..made him think of Otso with how tiny and cute he was. He was a bit surprised when the other mentioned a surprise Monday night involving the cat some ribbon and a ring. No way...It’s Bryan.. it can’t be...right? “I’ll help” He nodded softly, raising a curious eyebrow. Was it...? The other seemed secretive and embarrassed about it..Could it be?!

"Thanks, Tenmo." Bryan replied glad the other man would help him out knowing it'd be difficult to tie the ribbon and ring into place on his own. He could see the way the wolf was watching him causing him to clear his throat and look anywhere but at the wolf. "I'll being a litter box and some food by in a little bit. I have a couple more errands to run in town and didn't want to drag the kitten along." Bryan said reaching down to gently pet the little fuzz ball that looked bigger than it was thanks to all it's fur. "Of for some reason Otso stops by here just try to hide the cat, okay?" He added not knowing if Otso planned to come by before monday night or not and not wanting the surprise to get out.

“Of course, should he come over we will keep your surprise hidden. If he does come over at all, knowing how much he likes the twins” Tenmo nodded with a small chuckle. He noticed he seemed off and asked the others to take care of themselves and the kitten for a moment, walking him outside. “Did you need to ask me something...anything that might help your..gift?” He asked while inside the little kitten was sniffing everyone curiously, trying to climb up on Ren

Bryan didn't question the fact that Tenmo walked him out, stopping on the porch he was asked the question he knew was coming. "There's just... a lot about Otso and this gift that makes me nervous and unsure." Bryan admitted finding himself more nervous and scared about the proposal the more he set up for it. "I want this to be something he can think back on and think about how much it focused on him and my love for him. Ash's arrival here made me realize how little I know about him and despite doing my best to learn and retain that information my mind is so frazzled with something so important. I really need your help. I know you and Otso were like brothers growing up and shared other experiences as well." Bryan said hinting that he also knew that at one point Tenmo and Otso's relationship had turned into more than brotherly love. But that wasn't the case now so he saw no threat here. "I need to know some favorite foods, for a meal and a dessert, drinks, alcoholic or non, anything really that can help me make this dinner about him. Only him." Bryan finally got out. "I feel like we covered food at one point but I can't seem to remember with everything else I've learned and I'm trying to retain for my gift. To be honest... Anything you can tell me that could help with my planning would be appreciated even if it's something Otso has already told me. I'm panicking a little." Bryan was honest. Letting it show a little how stressful this was for him. He knew Otso would love anything he did but that didn't help. He didn't want Otso to love it because he did it, he wanted Otso to love it because it was all specific to him. As specific as possible. Something that made it undeniably clear how important and precious he was to him.

Wow...he was really serious about this..this was definitely for sure a proposal. A ring, all this planning...this was what Otso always wanted in life and it was with the man that gave him so much self confidence and self worth. “I’m more than happy to help..” He smiled warmly, putting an arm around his shoulders. “Come on..We will walk a bit farther away so you don’t need to worry about them listening” He nodded as he walked a bit further away from the house. Otso would love anything he did but he really wanted to help Bryan plan the perfect day for him. “He likes creamier foods and meats that are easy to chew. He will say he is fine but will get frustrated if it takes too long to chew into little pieces. Steak has to be his favorite meat of all, medium rare. He loved eating mashed potatoes with little bacon bits in it, he does like putting gravy in the middle and making a little volcano” He chuckled for a moment as he sat down, patting the spot beside him as he took out some paper to start writing on as he talked, making sure it was on the paper just in case. He loves chocolate but too much too quickly makes his stomach hurt, dark chocolate is his favorite. Give him some organs sherbert and he will be incredibly happy, Vanilla with little fruit slices works as a second choice with rainbow sprinkles. He tends to prefer lighter more desert type wines, not liking strong tasting ones or beer. He does love a good mixed drink or a cocktail that usually has a pretty color to it and a sweet taste. If you do do music or anything, he loves a good slow classical or romantic feel to the music. His favorite flower I think was roses last I can remember and something else I can’t remember..daisies I think...” He mused, trying tot hunk of anything else to help. “If cologne is your thing, he likes the smell of this specific brand. It’s not too strong but is somewhat floral and still has that musky scent to it” He wrote down the brand name for him to get if he so chose to. “He thinks it’s silly but he does like those little octopus hot dog things to nibble on if you needed to make it before dinner, he think they look silly and adorable” He smiled over at him, petting his back. “You’ll do great Bryan..You make him feel like he is just Otso, not anything else. Not just a Jessica, an Omega, or an oddity. You make him feel incredible” He leaned against the tree, looking up into the sky

Bryan was trying to keep up with everything that Tenmo was telling him but it was a lot of information to be flooded with all at once. He was grateful to see that the wolf had a piece of paper and a pencil and was writing this all down too. Knowing he'd need that as he was bound to forget most if not everything that Tenmo told him otherwise. Some of the things he was told he could recall Otso telling him before and it was nice to have the information refreshed. "What color roses?" Bryan asked wondering if it was all roses or if it was a certain color of rose that Otso liked. Hearing from Tenmo that he'd do great and how he made Otso feel had a soft blush sprout on his face. "Thanks Tenmo. It means a lot to hear that. I'm just glad I can make him happy in any way. He is precious after all. He deserves to be the center of someone's attention, the center of their world, and I'm happy that he's the center of mine." Bryan admitted trying to stop his blush from getting worse.

“White and red roses..while he loves all colors, those are his most favorite colors of all” Tenmo said with a soft smile. He watched as Bryan’s blush darkened talking about Otso and how much he meant to him. They really were perfect for each other....He thought to himself with a smile. “I’m glad you came into his life..There’s no way he could refuse after all this effort you’re putting in. Just try to relax..be yourself. He fell for you, not for all the material things in the end. You are going to have the best mate any one could ever ask for..” He smiled warmly, petting his head. Otso..you really are lucky to have lived to see this day.

Bryan nodded being told it was white and red roses that Otso loved the most. He didn't want to settle for just like, he wanted everything to be perfect even if he knew that he could probably just walk into a room with the ring and propose and still get a yes. Bryan wanted there to be no doubt to him or Otso that this was meant to happen. He also didn't want Otso to think for a minute that the proposal was because of the pushing and teasing of others. That had absolutely nothing to do with it and that was another reason why he was putting so much effort into this. Having heard how Tenmo, Xavier and even Shi proposed he knew he wanted to go above and beyond all of that. "I just don't want Otso to doubt my sincerity in this. He knows I had no interest in marriage. I don't want him to think that its because of the teasing and pressing of others why I'm doing it now. Because that has absolutely nothing to do with my decision." He admitted to Tenmo. "I'll tell you the same thing I told Alise. Please don't let this get back to Otso. Not even the slightest hint. I seriously don't want him to suspect a thing." He asked of the wolf.

“Of course, I would never want to ruin this moment for him or you. He certainly won’t see it coming. He might get choked up a bit and cry for a bit so don’t worry if he doesn’t say yes right away. I am sure he will be overwhelmed” Tenmo spoke with such a loving soft expression. “And purple table cloth..He thinks it’s fancy. And on top of the flowers, he loves those weird not chandelier candle display things..can’t think of the name but he loves those at restaurants. I’ll help you until Monday get everything you need..if you don’t think me as a former..you know..of Otsos helping you plan the moment”

"Good. The bigger the surprise the better." Bryan was glad to hear that Tenmo wouldn't tell Otso what was being planned. He didn't want the small wolf to get an idea of what was happening. "I was expecting that response just because of the kitten, so I'm not worried if it takes him a bit to respond. He's been telling me since we started dating how he's always wanted one but was strongly recommended not to. Well he basically lives in the coven house now and it's not unusual for us to have pets. Not normally felines but it won't really make a difference to the others." He admitted. There really was no safer place for Otso to have a cat and eventually he'd like to get them their own home as well instead of living in the coven house. Money really was no object, with what he made from his hunts and his own share of coven funds he was better than set. Even without the coven's money he was set. The centuries had been extremely good to him in that way, not that they had been bad to him either. "I don't see it that way. You're family to Otso, he has nothing but good things to say about you and Shi. If anything your help with this would make it mean even more to him." Bryan admitted. It didn't matter that Otso and Tenmo had a more than brotherly past, that wasn't their relationship today. Tenmo was married with his own family and Otso had him. So Bryan didn't feel odd with Tenmo helping him set this up, if anything he thought Otso would love it even more to find out the other wolf had helped him. "Well... I should get going. Got to pick up the ring and get you the cat supplies. We can talk and plan some more things later. I appreciate it." Bryan said with a bright smile before he was heading off.

Tenmo couldn’t help but smile in return when he saw Bryan walk off. It will be so hard to not tell Otso or hunt that come Monday night will be the moment he fantasizes about since childhood. A moment he never thought might come or happen for him with someone who he truly connected with like Bryan. Poor boy is going to be a sobbing but happy mess. He smiled as he made his way back to the house, seeing the small kitten trying to chase Ashs tail on the ground. “Bryan has to get the things for the kitten but he will be back in a bit” Tenmo sat down on the floor as the kitten pounced on the tail in an attempt to catch it with no success

"This is absolutely the cutest kitten ever!" Kaine said happily with a bright smile looking up from watching the kitten messing with Ash's tail determinedly trying to catch it and failing. Yet it never stopped trying just getting cuter and cuter with each attempt. Then Kaine turned to Tenmo and had a pout in his face. "Why does Otso get a kitten and I don't get a bunny!" He whined remembering how when they first met they talked about the cute little animals. He knew rabbits were normally on the hunting end for werewolves and now even Ash and Ren but he wanted a cute little bunny! As cute as the tiny kitten was he wanted to have his bunny. "I want a kitty!" Ren chimed in putting in his order for an animal too. The boy had been glued to wherever the kitten was since its arrival. Even following it around while it had explored the house.

Oh boy...here they go...Tenmo thought as Kaine brought up a rabbit and now Ren wanted a cat and it seemed Ash was liking the cat as well. “Otso and Bryan aren’t us..and they just didn’t get two new kids. Don’t you think the kids should get more adjusted to things long before we take on any of these animals you want?” He sighed as he watched the kitten try and fail to hop up into the couch cushion. “From what I know, rabbits or cats are a lot to care for, and with everyone being full moon, pets like that will look like a snack if we have no control”

"But I want a bunny!" Kaine whined laying himself over the floor a pout still on his face. Ren as a panther had moved over to the tiny kitten who had failed to get in the couch gently picking it up in his mouth and setting it on the couch nuzzling it gently watching it stumble before it was bounding across the furniture. "Kitty." He murmured watching it with excited eyes tail happily flicking behind him. Kaine knew Tenmo was right and they should wait for Ren and Ash to settle in and gain better control before bringing a kitten or rabbit into the house but it didn't change the fact that he wanted one. "Wear bunny ears for me?" Kaine asked with the most innocent look he could muster.