An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Kaine knew Ren was really upset about the kitten being gone since he tried multiple times to get him to eat his breakfast and yet the boy still didn't eat it all. Giving up he had Ren and Ash go get ready to head outside. After the pair returned Kaine made sure that he packed them a lunch, things to drink and snacks. Grabbing the picnic basket and a blanket he followed the pair out and to the lake. Even if they were still within sight of the house it was nice to not have to run back and forth.

"I hope so." Bryan sighed being told that Otso would love them. "Let's get some more of this food cooked. That way you can help me make sure they're cooked how he likes." Bryan said with a smile.

"Hey Otso!" Alise greeted the wolf. She was glad to see Otso and she loved how happy he was. "That's so sweet. I'm glad you're having a great morning to stay off your big date night with Bryan." She told him with a bright smile.

Ash hoped he can get the other to eat the lunch when it was time, knowing the little one would be hungry. It seemed the loss of the kitten they were watching really affected him terribly. He rubbed the others head gently as they were all making their way outside.

"Of course! I will make sure the steak is cooked just the way he likes it. Some pink in the middle, he doesnt liked it cooked until its brown all the way through, he likes the softness" Tenmo smiled as he began to help the other prepare the food for the proposal dinner. He made sure, just in case, to keep an eye and an ear out for Otso.

"It was amazing! He made all my favorite foods and everything, just the way I like them cooked!" Otso said with his happy twinkle in his eyes. Shi could not help but smile, patting Otso head gently. "I am glad to see you so happy.." he spoke quietly with another warm smile, Annabelle in his other arm

Reaching the lake Kaine set up a nice spot in the shade of a large oak tree while Ren was plopping himself down in the sand staring into the lake with a pout on his face. Walking over to the small boy Kaine did his best to try to tempt Ren into playing even in the shallow water but the boy seemed completely uninterested. Sighing he glanced towards Ash, "I'm leaving this up to you. You'd know how to coax him better than I do." Kaine let him know. He'd do his best to learn from Ash as the older boy did what he could to help Ren be happy and relax. As he was watching the pair he decided to text Tenmo and see if his husband had any idea how to make Ren happy despite knowing that he was busy helping Bryan. 'Hey, love. Poor little Ren is all upset. Didn't finish breakfast and I couldn't get him to play around either. I have Ash on it right now. Any tips?'

With Tenmo's help it was easy for them to get the dinner cooking and it wouldn't take them long to get it finished. While the wolf was cooking the steaks he was being told that Otso liked it still a bit pink in the middle. "Can't blame him. Having a steak brown all the way through is a bit overkill for me as well." Bryan admitted. He liked his steaks more on the rare side to medium well not liking a grey steak. So he couldn't blame Otso for liking his a bit pink still as well finding it suited his boyfriend.

"That's fantastic, Otso. I am glad that he did something special to get your day started. Especially since he's busy with tonight as well." Alise replied with a bright smile loving that twinkle in Otso's eyes. If he was already so happy just with breakfast she could only imagine how he'd be after dinner. It made her wish so much that they could be there to see his face. "Do you have any idea what you and Bryan are doing tonight?" She asked with a curious look.

"I am not one for it being fully cooked myself but I like mine a bit more well done in most cases" Tenmo nodded as he felt his phone vibrate. He left the food unattended for a brief moment to check his phone, seeing Kaine was having a hard time with the kids, mainly Ren who still seemed saddened by the kitten no longer being around. 'Maybe you can run around with him and play tag? He seemed to enjoy the chase when they went to stay with my father and Xavier..I feel bad for the poor kid. I hate hearing he is so down"  He texted the other in return before returning to his food he was preparing.

Otso coaxed his head before shaking his head, not having any knowledge of Bryans plans for tonight. "He wouldn't tell me anything! Kept saying 'It's a surprise, its a surprise' and wouldn't tell me a single thing about it. Did not give me any hints or anything!" He said with a tiny smile and a huff, wondering what the other was up to. "Might wear my dress for tonight though, he said my clothes didn't have to be anything in particular but I thought my Jessica dress would be nice since I kind of properly first met him at my dancing lessons with you and Shi" He said with a shy smile.

"It's nice to know Otso and I have even simple things like this in common. Bet you're aware that Kaine often likes his more on the rare side, huh? Sometimes I think he was meant to be wolf." He mused thoughtfully. Remembering a few times that he told Kaine his steak should still be walking. Not really sure how he could eat it that way but he wasn't going to argue it even if he did tease the younger vampire about it sometimes. Since the pair was married and he was sure they have eaten steaks together he was sure Tenmo already knew that but he couldn't help but mention it still since they were on the topic of steaks and preferences. 

Kaine was glad that it didn't take long to get a response and he looked at the suggestion of trying to run around with Ren and play tag. 'I'll give that a try. Thanks. :)' Kaine texted back thinking it was worth a try. Setting his phone down on the blanket he turned back to the pair. It took him a little bit to convince Ren to play tag with them but eventually he got him up. At first Ren wasn't very into the game and instead of running moved a few feet and laid face down in the grass. After awhile though of Kaine not giving up he started to get more and more playful until he was finally running around like his old self again. Finding this a win Kaine was happy to keep running around with the pair and playing tag with them. At least until he needed a break and was glad to see Ren was happy to wrestle with Ash instead.

Alise couldn't help but laugh when Otso told them Bryan would only tell him it was a surprise and not give him any hints at all. "The suspense must be killing you." She mused with a bright smile unable to wait to see Otso after the proposal and see how happy she knew he would be. Listening as Otso told them that he was thinking of wearing his dress for the date since it was what he had been wearing when he had first properly met Bryan while dancing. "That would be beautiful." Alise admitted thinking about how cute Otso would be in that dress during the proposal. "I'm glad you and Bryan are going to have a nice and special date tonight. You two don't really do things like this." She added realizing that the pair really hadn't gone on many dates together.

“I have noticed that, he definitely has some wolf in him. He would be a sexy one either way” Tenmo teased with a small laugh, checking the steaks. They seemed pretty good at least the ones meant for Otso as he set them aside, letting Bryan take off his when they were to his liking. He hoped the kids were feeling a little better with a special time with just Kaine.

Meanwhile, Ash had gotten up to chase Kaine a bit, wanting to get out of his funk but mainly to get Ren feeling better. He event wrestled with him at one point before going into his feline form and climbing up a tree, waiting for Ren to follow with a big grin.

“It’s horrible! It really is killing me he won’t tell me anything” He whimpered, but he did smile soon after. Otso head perked up thinking he smelled steaks but was quickly distracted by Alise. “No we don’t, but I am glad for this one! He seems to really want to keep it a secret if he’s not giving me hints” He said which made Shi smirk a bit. “I am sure whatever he has planned you will like” Shi nodded, patting his head again

Bryan couldn't help but laugh when Tenmo said he had noticed and that there was definitely some wolf in Kaine. "I'm sure he would be, and he'd still be yours either way as well." He mused thinking about Kaine and Tenmo. Truly feeling that even if Kaine had been a wolf that the pair would have ended up together. Everything else may not have occurred and the pack and coven probably wouldn't be intertwined like it was now if Kaine had also been a wolf but he knew the pair would have ended up together either way. Pushing those thoughts from his mind he finished working on the desserts and removed his steaks when he was happy with them. "Alright... I think we're just about finished. Just have to get each part of the meal in place so it'll be easy to switch from one course to the other and then get my cute little wolf." Bryan said as he was looking over their work. All the food was done including the sides and he was excited to get this going and hopefully be able to call Otso his fiance soon instead of his boyfriend.

Kaine was glad that at least Ash was into the game from the beginning and he was sure it was Ash chasing after him and them playing tag that got Ren out of his funk and playing with them. After he had needed a break and the boys had wrestled for a little bit he watched Ash change into his feline form before he was climbing up a tree. Ren wasn't far behind changing into his panther form and following Ash up into the tree. Though he picked a branch of his own making sure it was one that was close enough that he could still play with Ash if he wanted.

"Oh I bet! It must be dreadful." Alise teased the small wolf with a laugh. "Well it's good. You two deserve a nice night like this together." She told Otso with a smile. For awhile they just talked and she was glad that they could help Bryan out by keeping Otso occupied. As it got later and she had finished feeding Kai his dinner and was working on burping him before turning her attention to Otso. "You should probably go get ready. It's getting later." 

Tenmo smiled to himself as he helped the other with the preparations he would need last minute. “I always wondered as well what life would have been like if we had switched places. If I was the vampire and Kaine was the Wolf. But like you said, I like to think date brought us together, both meeting on the border that night” He grinned as everything was set up sometime later. “I’ll wait in the room with the kitten, you got this” He said as he cheered him on one last time before making sure to keep the kitten occupied in the other room.

Ash made himself comfortable, laying across the branch but always kept one eye on Ren. “Do you like it here so far..this place..being with Tenmo and Kaine?” He asked the other quietly, knowing they were higher up but still keeping hushed.

Otso talked to the pair about a lot of things, the time easily slipping by him. He was aware of how much time had passed when Alise mentioned it. “Oh dear, I don’t want to keep him waiting, we will talk later” He smiled wide as he went to our on his dress. He looked towards his wig with a smile on his face, a quiet ‘Thank you’ out loud to himself as if the wig was a person. Jessica led him to Bryan, direct and indirectly, feeling overjoyed to have a loving boyfriend. He didn’t put on the wig, feeling enough confidence to just wear the dress with his normal hair. He did put on some nice flats and made sure his hair looked nice first before trying to find where Bryan was

Bryan took a breath to calm himself and waited until Tenmo had gone in with the kitten to keep the little thing happy and quiet before he went off to find Otso. He ended up running into him at the bottom of the stairs and his eyes were raking over the other as he hummed happily. "Look at my cute little wolf." He purred leaning down for a kiss before he was taking his hand. "You have perfect timing by the way." Bryan added as he lead Otso to the ballroom and made him close his eyes before leading him inside. Once they had stepped in and he had situated Otso in front of the table he told him he could open his eyes. "Also... you look even more amazing in this dress with your new confidence." Bryan purred in his wolf's ear. Having liked the dress before when he had first met Otso as Jessica and really liking it now. It looked lovely on him as Otso and as Jessica but Bryan had to admit he loved that his little wolf was feeling much more confident in himself to where he didn't really need her anymore. Even if he'd be happy with him regardless he definitely loved his cute Otso.

Ren looked down at Ash from the branch he had picked right above him as eh was asked if he liked it here so far. "I do. I like Kaine and Tenmo, they're both really nice and loving." Ren said wanting to be honest with Ash. He loved it here, even if things were still so different than back home. "I think... we can start to call this home. We have a loving family and we have friends here." Ren added knowing he did not want to return to the island. "Do you like it here? Being with Tenmo and Kaine?" Ren asked flipping the question on the other man.

Otso blushed at the others comments, thinking he would fall over dead in his shyness. But he did love that Bryan still could see him in his dress without being all done up in a more Jessica way and still call him amazing. He had to rely on Bryan to make sure he didn’t fall over when he had his eyes closed, giggling in excitement and anticipation. He was pulling out all the-When he finally opened his eyes, he was silent for a moment in awe and shock. Little hot dogs that look like octopus, even the table cloth in his favorite color...his favorite flowers..so many things that he adored and that he loved all in one spot. “Bryan..this is..wow..” He still said in awe as his heart was thumping loudly at all the effort and love he could feel radiating for this date. “It’s amazing...!”

“This land..this place we now call home..it’s confusing” Ash said as he looked up quietly into the sky. “Things are so different here..people are different here. A man can wear feminine clothes..two men can be together...It’s scary..I don’t know what to make of all this and so much we have yet to see..and yet..I am happy” He said quietly as  a bird flew far up in the sky past all of them

"I'm glad you like it." Bryan purred happily leaning in to kiss the other's neck before he lead him over to his spot and pulled out the chair for him. "I wanted it to be special so I made sure I paid close attention to what you told me." He admitted though he was also going to be honest in the fact that he got a little help. "Tenmo also helped me out a little. Getting all the food ready and setting up." Bryan admitted not wanting Otso to feel bad about that. While he'd be more than happy to take all the credit it came down to the fact that he hadn't done it all and didn't deserve all the credit. "I hope it was worth the wait and it's just the start of our date night." Bryan added as he was taking his seat a loving smile on his face.

"It is a lot..." Ren agreed being as young as he was being one of the reasons why he was able to adapt better. "I'm glad you're happy though." He added with a smile reaching down to bat at the other's ears with a playful look. "I hope you'll continue to be happy here." Ren wanted them both to be happy not wanting Ash to stay somewhere that he wasn't happy just because of him. "You'd tell me... if you weren't happy. Right?" Ren asked suddenly wanting to make sure that Ash wasn't lying to him.

Otso smiled sweetly, happy to hear that Bryan wanted to make the date so special he even asked Tenmo for help. “Of course he helped, he tried to fold the napkins right? Always got so frustrated that he could never figure out how to do them himself” He chuckled as he picked up one after giggling from the neck kisses. “This is sweet..I am glad Tenmo helped you. You really didn’t have to put so much effort on little old me for a date” Otso said with a deeper blush but he loved all the attention. “Even the food is cooked how I like it..All this effort..” He coughed quietly, rubbing his eye real quick. “And this is just the start? You’re going to give me a heart attack here” He laughed.

Ash smiled quietly and reached over, petting the others head. “I promise..If I was unhappy I’d tell you. Hopefully in time I can come to understand and love our new home as much as our island” He spoke softly, hoping the world would be kind to him and the fates would be kind as well

"You called it." Bryan said with a laugh as Otso seemed to instantly know that it had been Tenmo who had tried folding the napkins. "Of course I did. I love my precious little wolf." He replied with a smile and shake of his head. Feeling that this was definitely necessary and he knew that Otso would understand things even more when it came time for his proposal. But at least he seemed to love everything so far which was definitely a good sign. "Oh? Well I suppose you'll die happy then." Bryan mused with a soft laugh. "I'll try not to give you a heart attack though. But I can't promise anything if that's already how you feel after just seeing this an the appetizers." He added.

Ren perked up when his head was pat and he was told that Ash was happy again the other promising to tell him if he was unhappy. "I know it will." He replied with an odd sense of certainty. Feeling as though there was no way Ash wouldn't end up loving their new home here like they loved their island. "We'll make a ton of great new memories here too, and there isn't as much to worry about here." He added after some thought. While there was still stuff to worry about it wasn't nearly as much as back on the island.

Otso couldn’t help but laugh more at hearing the other would make him even happier as the date continued. “That better be a promise now Bryan! Sweetest date ever” He smiled wide as he hopped one into his mouth, moving to offer the other one one.

“I am sure we will do all those things” Ash smiles as the other perked up even more. It settled him down to see the other happier, casually napping on the branch now, enjoying the rays of the sun while it was still out

"Believe me, love. It is." Bryan promised. He was positive that Otso would be even happier add their date went on. Happily accepting the piece Otso offered to him. He was happy to eat and talk with Otso, revealing each new close after finishing the last and giving them a minute to just enjoy each other's company. After dinner he was happy to take Otso's hand and pull him away from the table to have a dance with him. "You know... as lovely and amazing as this dinner was and this lovely dance. I still have another surprise for you." Bryan let his wolf know as they danced.

Ren was happy and excited about the future awaiting them here. His eyes drifting shut as he purred happily thinking about the bright future they had. The adventures yet to come and the big family they were lucky enough to be brought into. His mind seeming to finally stop focusing on how much he missed the kitten. At least for the time being.

Otso happily talked with Bryan, enjoying their time together.. He wasn’t sure how long they talked, at one point Bryan had pulled him up to the dance floor to dance. He..even willingly wanted to dance? This really was the perfect date! The food, the atmosphere, it was all so perfectly for him! “Another one? Bryan, this is so much already!” He grinned, wolf ears perked up curiously 

Ash ended up taking a nap in the tree, at one point climbing down slowly. He curled up around the base of the tree, following his old habit of leaving room for Ren should he come down. It was nice to nap like this as he liked, without the worry of the hunt and Rens care in the front of his mind at all times

"Mhm, one more big surprise." Bryan told Otso. Twirling his boyfriend as they danced managing to discretely send a text to Tenmo to let the kitten into the room. This last surprise would be the biggest one he could ever give his boyfriend. Bryan stopped their dance purposely where Otso could see the kitten scamper through the door letting him go so he could go get it. Waiting for Otso to pick her up before he was getting ready feeling a huge surge of anxiety but not about to let it get him down. "She's carrying another part of this surprise." He informed Otso waiting until his cute wolf had looked and noticed the ring before he was moving into position and kneeling down before him. His eyes looking up and locking on his lovely little wolf. "Otso... My precious little wolf. Would you make me the happiest vampire in the world and do me the honor of marrying me?" He asked trying not to blush and failing.

Ren was happy to have a cat nap on his branch before noticing Ash asleep under the tree and climbing down to take his place beside him. They had a nice nap together before Kaine was calling them for lunch. Ren was starving after not feeling up to breakfast this morning and eagerly ran over.

Otso giggled as he twirled around, wondering what he could possibly give him now?! Tonight was already perfect beyond-Otso stopped for a moment when he saw the little kitten from the shelter walking into the ballroom. His tail was instantly out and wagging happily. “Bryan...! The kitty!” Otso squealed happily, wiping a tears away as he rushed to the kitten, picking the little girl up in his arms. She was even cuter when he held her! He couldn’t believe it..he got her for him?! He didn’t think it could get any better until Bryan said the kitten was holding another gift. He saw the ribbon but he didn’t....see....Around the little kittens ribbon was a...ring. He watched as Bryan came around to Him and got on bent knee in front of him with the brightest red blush on his face. Oh....oh my god....was this actually happening?! Happy tears started to fall from Otsos face in a flood after he had to pinch his own arm to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. Talk...say something! He thought to himself but he was so overwhelmed with joy, slowly sinking to his knees on the floor and letting the kitten down after getting the ring. “Yes...a million times over yes!” He finally called out, slipping on the ring and pouncing on him in a happy kiss.

Ash perked up when he heard the call to lunch, watching Ren quickly go off for food. Poor Ren was probably hungry so he would at least eat this meal..He thought as he followed close behind the other

The sight of the tears definitely made Bryan hope they were happy tears. Noticing his boyfriend pinch himself as though thinking it was some sort of dream. He wasn't surprised that Otso was so caught off guard with how he had been about marriage before. Then Otso was sinking to his knees in front of him and putting the ring in before he finally heard his answer. He had just enough time to out his arms out to catch his now fiance who had pounced into his arms. He returned the kiss happily with a purr, "My precious little wolf." He murmured definitely happy that Otso really was his wolf now.

Ren was quick to settle on the blanket happy to take the sandwich that Kaine offered to him. There were numerous types of fruit in the containers spread out on the blanket. Kaine handed a sandwich to Ash when he joined them as well. "There are plenty of sandwiches and fruit so eat what you guys want." He informed the boys.

Otso trembled in tears in the others arms, squeezing Bryan tightly. This was real...this was real...He kept thinking as the others shirt was definitely stained with tears by now. He took short gasping breaths as he tried to calm himself down, finally managing well enough and keep his tail from wagging like crazy. The kitten was fascinated by it, trying to chase the quickly wagging moving object. “Oh my god Bryan..you did so much..and the kitty..“ He took more deep Breaths to keep himself from crying again, picking up the tiny little furry kitten.  He would need to name her now..

Shis ears perked up when he could hear Otso crying loudly even from here.  “I think it just happened..He is crying” Shi said quietly, playing and making faces at Annabelle.

Ash sniffed the various fruits before trying them all. “This greenish one isn’t so bad” He said as he popped a few in his mouth. He did default to the Apple but loved this one that he think he heard Tenmo once call a watermelon. Quite a curious thing..

A small smirk appeared on his face when Otso finally managed to get a hold of himself and speak a little. Amused and happy that the other was so happy and clearly liked everything he had planned. "I know you've always wanted one and I saw how you looked at her that day. Now she's all yours." Bryan said with a warm loving smile. "I hope all the surprise was worth it." He added knowing that Otso had not liked not getting any hints about tonight but it had been worth it for him.

"It definitely sounds it." Alise mused as she was retaking her seat after changing Kai. "I'm sure he'll be excited to tell everyone about it in the morning. I can't see him leaving Bryan at all tonight. Maybe not even in the morning." She admitted. Alise was very happy for the couple and was glad Otso was going to get his dream after all.

"I'm glad you like them." Kaine replied with a smile. Ren had scarfed down his sandwich and a second one before munching on some fruit. It turned out Ren was a big fan of grapes eating most of them not that Kaine mined. The small boy tried some other fruit including oranges and bananas but he wasn't much a fan of those and kept returning to the grapes and some apples though he left the apples mainly for Ash.

“Well no wonder you didn’t tell me!” Otso playfully shoved his arm before holding the little kitten. “Oreo..” He said quietly, petting the little kittens head. “Do you think Tenmo or someone minds watching the kitten the rest of the day? Or at least for a little..I don’t plan on letting you go today. Or we might set her up in a pen so she won’t jump on us while I make sure I am getting fucked silly by my fiancé. Oh dear my fiancé..I like that sound” He giggles, kissing the little kittens head with a big smile

“I am glad for him..Otso deserves a sweet guy like him..” Shi coughed in embarrassment, still feeling weird about referring to the other so affectionately. 

Ash wasnt going to complain about eating the apples, finding the mushiness of the bananas a bit too weird for him although the grapes were ok. He happily finished his fruits before eating his sandwiches, saving one apple for last

Bryan smiled and looked down at the tiny kitten that Otso called Oreo causing him to chuckle softly. "I am sure Tenmo wouldn't mind. She stayed with them all weekend. He said the boys fell in love with her so you may need to have them over to play with her." Bryan replied feeling that the other wouldn't mind watching her for a bit longer. Especially since Ash and Ren had seemed really attached to her. Not to mention he really liked the sound of what Otso was painting in his head a happy purr escaping him just at the thought.

Alise couldn't help the bright smile that appeared on her face hearing Shi say something so nice about Bryan. "If I didn't know better I'd think you were starting to get a soft spot for Bryan." She playfully teased her husband.

Kaine made sure the boys rested after eating before letting them go play again. Ren saw a fish in the lake and batted at it from a rock though anytime his paw got wet he freaked out and darted away just to make his way back over to try again. Smiling as he watched him from his spot under the tree finding it cute how Ren was trying to fish without getting wet.

“Now..let’s get the kitten set up so I can get pounded into the mattress by my fiancé okay? Then we can plan when we’d have that wedding..if we get to it before tomorrow” Otso said with a big smile, rubbing himself on the other. He was excited to play with the cat but right now he was overwhelmed with emotion and he wanted to..consummate the moment.

“I am not getting a soft spot for that pompous glasses wearing stuffy guy” Shi huffed, looking away from her. He didn’t want to admit he was soft for the guy but he made Otso happy

Ash smiled, figuring he would join him when he saw the moving fish. He tried to find a rock of his own, swatting at some alone with him. He overshot one and fell in, quickly managing to climb back up on the rock, dripping wet and looking none too happy as he dashed up into a tree

"Such a little tease." Bryan purred as Otso rubbed himself against him. Leave it to his little wolf to be a tease when they had to do something else before he could occupy himself with just Otso and his fiance's body. That was something that would take him a bit to get used to saying. Not to mention husband once they were married thigh he was looking forward to it. "Let's hurry." He growled standing up and pulling Otso up with him finding himself impatient all of a sudden.

"Alright Mr. Grumpy." Alise teased leaning over to give him a kiss. "It's okay if you are. He makes Otso really happy and I know how important his happiness is to you." She whispered to him. Though obedient have to be whispered she felt like doing so. Knowing this wasn't something that he wanted to admit because it was Bryan. But it was because of how happy it made Otso that she knew impacted her husband's feelings about the vampire.

Ren was happy to play beside Ash and try to catch a fish. When the other fell in Ren at first panicked worried about him but after Ash had pulled himself out of the water the small panther fell over in a fit of laughter at the soaked and miserable look of Ash. Kaine had even straightened up after seeing Ash fan in but relaxed again when he managed to get out of the lake on his own.