An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"Of course." Alise replied with a smile loving how excited Otso had gotten. She was careful in handing him Kai feeling that their son was the bigger of the two and with how excited Otso was he'd be the best one for him to hold first. Adrian telling them about the rocking chair that Otso had gotten for her room in the coven house made her happier than it should have. "That's so sweet, Otso. Thank you." She thanked the other feeling like it was necessary. She was laughing again as Otso was heading off to show them the rocking chair glancing towards Adrian her smile turned to a smirk. "Quite the easily excitable one, huh?" She mused having forgotten just how excited Otso could get. Though she was soon following after him with Shi and Adrian just glad that they had such a warm welcome home from everyone.

"You get used to it..." Shi said but he was smiling warmly as he went to follow everyone inside while still holding Annabelle. Adrian had to go off to get things settled about getting supplies and heading off a much needed meeting for the pack. It had been a bit since their last formal one and knew it would need to be done. "Let me know if any of you need anything if Otso cannot help you. I am sure he is more than willing" Adrian teased before leaving them be. Otsos tail was still wagging eagerly but not as frantic as she showed a large rocking chair with blue cushions knitted with little moon phases all over it along with some stars that were supposed to resemble constellations. "What do you think..?" He smiled wide, Shi smiling softly. "Otso..it is beautiful"

"We will." Alise told Adrian after he had said he needed to go and get things settled for the pack meeting. They'd be sure to let him know if they needed help with anything that Otso couldn't help them with though she felt with the other wolf they'd be more than capable of handling anything that may happen. Watching Adrian leave for a moment she turned her attention back to Otso as they arrived in the room looking at the beautiful rocking chair he had gotten them. "It really is." She breathed finding herself speechless for a moment since it truly was a beautiful rocking chair. "Thank you, Otso. It really is beautiful and I am sure we'll get plenty of use out of it with the twins." Alise said turning her gaze from the rocking chair back to Otso and giving him a smile.

Otso beamed with pride, happy Shi and Alise we’re proud of the rocking chair he got them. “I sewed the cushions after I got the chair. Hopefully it’s soft enough...Can I hold one of them please please pleeeeease?” He asked with big puppy dog eyes. “I’ll even watch them in the bassinets while you guys go eat and clean up? Pleeeewse?” He pleaded, wanting to be helpful and he loved the little twins. “I know when Shi gets overworked or stressed he gets hyper focused and probably hasn’t gotten a good meal. Not good for daddy if he is hungry..and need a a good shave unless you like the scruff?” He teased about that but was serious about the food. Shi seemed reluctant to leave the twins and didn’t move but he looked away from Otso as if to confirm

At Otso's pleading to hold one of the twins Alise was quick to calm him down before carefully handing Kai to him making sure that the small baby's head was supported before she caught Shi's gaze. "Well... we do need to get a good meal into us and I don't know about you but I definitely could use a shower." Alise told her husband knowing that the twins were safe in Otso's care. Turning back to the other wolf she watched him for a moment before finally nodding. "Okay, you can watch them for us for a little bit. We'll try not to take too long. The diapers are over there by the desk, wipes and baby powder is there too encase you need it. I already have a bottle for each of them ready to go encase they get hungry. If they become too much just come get us." Alise told Otso though she was definitely sure that they'd both rush back not wanting to leave the twins for long especially since it was their first day home.

"Promise! I will get you if I have any trouble" Otso beamed happily, sitting in the rocking chair while holding tiny Kai in his arms. He watched Shi hesitate for another moment before he finally set down Annabelle in a nearby bassinet for Otso to be able to rock them with his foot or hand. Shi did not want to leave at all and was rather protective but of all the people in the pack, he trusted Otso most of all to be watchful over them. "We will be back quickly.." Shi said quietly, knowing he had not had a good meal in a bit and could use the energy. "Join me after your shower, I will take one quick before I go now" Shi nodded softly before leaving the room to go to an available bathroom. Otso rocked Kai slowly back and forth, singing a quiet lullably while he rocked Annabelles bassinet with his foot.

"Okay." Alise agreed with a nod watching Shi head out of the room to go shower himself. She grabbed a change of clothes before heading off into one of the bathrooms too and getting washed up. It felt great to be able to relax and shower without having to worry about the twins knowing that Otso would be just fine with them. After her shower she dried off, got into her clean clothes throwing her dirty ones in the laundry before she was blow drying her hair so that it wasn't all frizzy once it dried. After she finished and was happy she was heading downstairs in a sky blue sundress. Heading downstairs to meet up with Shi so they could get a nice meal together.

Bryan was finishing up the rest of his work for the day having managed to rush through most of the meetings since he only dealt with the clans finances there was no reason for him to stick around through most of the meetings only having to be there for talks about their upkeep costs and what they were able to put away. Of course they were making much more than they were spending so there were no concerns just like always. When he finished he decided to hunt down Otso knowing he was probably with Shi, Alise and the twins. What he wasn't expecting to find was Otso alone with the twins causing him to stop in the doorway and just silently watch him for a moment. The sight in front of him was... lovely. He found himself suddenly wishing that it was their kids that Otso was sitting there singing softly too and rocking. Shaking his head he realized what he had just thought and though he definitely liked the idea and he loved the sight in front of him he knew Otso didn't want kids unless he was married.'Maybe... maybe I should marry him?' Bryan thought to himself finding that while marriage had never been something he had considered or really wanted it was something important to his little wolf. After all of the pushing and teasing from everyone else seeing his boyfriend so cute right now and in a setting he wished was their's made him feel that maybe... just maybe he was ready for marriage and that it was something he wanted after all.

Otso continued to rock the small children, singing them a soft tune Adrian used to sing to him and Tenmo when they were small. He had not yet noticed Bryan until he briefly glanced upward for a moment, stopping the singing but still rocking them. "They're sleeping, so cuuute.. and Over already..? I suppose no need to stay as always" He said quietly with the tiniest of laughs, not wanting to disturb the sleeping Kai on his chest. 'So tiny..and Kai got Alises hair color. Its going to be such a pretty blue" He sighed softly, kissing the top of Kais head so gingerly. It made Kai wiggle a bit but it didn't wake them up.

Bryan had been so deep in his thoughts that he was more than willing to lie there and just watch his cute boyfriend. Drawn from his thoughts when Otso seemed to notice him and spoke telling him how the twins were asleep and how cute he found it. "Of course. I don't stay for the whole boring meeting. It's bad enough that I think the part actually important to me is the most boring part of it." Bryan mused slowly moving from the doorway to Otso leaning down to steal a quick and gentle kiss not wanting to wake the sleeping baby on his boyfriend's chest. "You're really cute when you're looking after them." Bryan said softly finding that he liked the sight too much not to comment on it. Reaching out he gingerly touched the small wolf's cheek with a loving smile. "Should I... leave you be to watch them until Alise and Shi get back?" He asked. It wasn't like Bryan didn't know that Shi didn't necessarily like him and that was putting it nicely. Even if the feeling was mutual he'd never do anything to him or his kids, but he didn't want to upset a protective new father either.

"Oh hush, finances are important enough and you did your job so all good right?" Otso smiled and hummed happily when he was given a gentle kiss. He tried not to giggle again when he was told he was cute caring for them, letting out a few lighty breathy laughs. "You don't need to rush off so soon but Shi being protective as he is, I wouldn't stick around too long okay? As much as I would love you to stay longer, don't need to get daddy to go parental protective on his first day back" He smiled, carefully craning his neck to kiss him back. "They only just left a short time ago so you still have a tiny bit of time"

"Don't I always do my job?" Bryan mused with a small smirk crossing his face. He nodded when he was told that he didn't need to rush off so soon but that he shouldn't stay for long with Shi being as protective as he was. Fair enough. He'd stay for a few minutes to visit his boyfriend and to enjoy such a lovely sight a bit longer then disappear before Shi returned knowing that the wolf would most likely rush back. Returning the kiss that Otso stretched his neck to give him he chuckled softly, "Okay. I'll stay for a few minutes before disappearing before they get back. Don't want to cross any boundaries." As much as he would have loved to stay and keep Otso company the rest of the time he didn't want to cause trouble. The babies and Alise didn't need it, not to mention he didn't either. None of them really did but it was just how things were when he and Shi were around each other.

"Now as excited as I know you are to spend time with the babies and all I would hope that I won't have to spend all day without you because you find them more interesting." Bryan gently teased his boyfriend. He wanted some of Otso's attention too and just to spend time with him having really gotten used to the small wolf always being by his side unless absolutely necessary. So while he was willing to share his time knowing Otso really wanted to help with the twins he didn't want to be left without him all the time. "They get a few hours of your time... then I get a few hours... then you can come back and so on and so forth." Bryan said softly his smile growing a little. More than willing to share his boyfriend's time as long as he got plenty of it too.

"You know you do, you are very studious about that even if you do not like it" Otso teased right back as he gave him even more kisses in return. Otso was happy when Bryan said he would stay, even if he was not one for kids and with everything involving Shi. Shi had 'warmed up' to Bryan overtime because he made him happy but there was still that tension between the both of them. Either way, he was glad to have Bryans company for a bit either way, even if they saw each other all the time.

"Oh no never! You're still my boyfriend, even the babies can't keep me from you forever" Otso smiled, starting to rock again when the twins were getting fuzzy, grabbing a tiny bottle for Kai to drink. Otsos eyes twinkled when he saw Bryan smiling so wide talking about kids and he wanted to cherish the moment so he didn't point it out for now. "I would like that, never worry, babies are not strong enough to sweep me off my feet to carry me away" he grinned

"Sometimes I just like hearing you say it. Even I need to be praised once in awhile." Bryan mused. Gently running fingers through his boyfriend's hair a small smile on his face as he really did love this sight. Even as the babies started to fuss and so Otso was quick to start rocking them again grabbing a tiny bottle to feed Kai. "I'm glad to hear that I'm still a priority." He teased the other though he leaned back a bit as he watched Otso still enjoying this sight and knowing he could really get used to it.

"Oh? Are you saying that if they were strong enough to sweep you off your feet and carry you away that you'd let them keep you from me?" He teasingly asked though he chuckled after leaning forward once more for another kiss. For a few more minutes Bryan stayed to visit with Otso but it wasn't long before he thought he was pushing his luck. "I should get going, love. Come see me when you're done getting your baby fix." Bryan said softly leaning down for yet another kiss before he was heading out of the room.

Otso loved how soft he was being, not sure if it was just sleepy babies spurring it on or what that man was thinking right now. He finished feeding Kai, patting his back with two fingers seeing how tiny he was and not wanting to hurt him. "Behave yourself now..Or ill have to make sure these kids grow faster to whisk me away" Otso purred before watching Bryan walk off. "You got some lucky parents you two, you two are going to have the best lives ahead of you" He said softly to the twins while he waited for Shi and Alise to return.

Shi was finishing a meal, noticing Bryan from the corner of his eye looking different than normal. He passed it off, not sure why he just seemed...softer? Or something was on his mind? Either way, he just wanted to hurry up and finish his meal so he could return to the twins.

Alise noticed for a moment that Shi seemed to get distracted by something but she didn't ask him about it since they were eating at the moment and she was more focused on that. Sipping at her drink that she had added some blood into so she wouldn't have to go on a hunt yet. Not sure she felt comfortable leaving for that long especially with the twins still being as young as they are. As they finished eating she took care of their dishes before giving Shi a smile. "Ready to head back upstairs and relieve Otso?" She asked her husband already knowing that he was in a hurry to get back to the twins. She loved how much he wanted to be there with them and protect them but at the same time she hoped that he would enjoy these little breaks since she was aware that they wouldn't happen very often.

Shi nodded quickly, shoving the remaining forkful of fatty meat into his mouth. He normally did not eat the meat as fatty as this but he would need the energy and nutrients for a good long while. He wanted to get back to his babies sooner rather than later! He tossed the dish lightly into the sink, waiting for Bryan to leave and Alise to finish eating before he talked to her. "Bryan must have seen Otso, he was smiling...it was odd.." He said quietly as he was already starting the walk back upstairs. Bryan smiling was still an odd sight but he seemed extra different today.

As they were heading out of the kitchen and back up to their room she listened to Shi mention how Bryan must have seen Otso as he had been smiling. "Otso always brings a smile to Bryan's face. It's quite sweet." She mused not finding it odd at all especially if he had ended up seeing Otso. Slipping her hand into her husband's as they were heading upstairs. It didn't take them long to get upstairs and back to their room where Otso was taking perfectly good care of the twins. "They weren't any trouble I hope." Alise said with a smile as she checked on the trio. Glad that the twins seemed to be content and not fussing at the moment.

Shi let the odd feeling he got slide, his thoughts back solely on his twins and Otso. He felt relief to see them happy and content, no babies crying or anything. "They slept for pretty much the entire time! Kai got a bottle a short time ago but otherwise all was good. I kept rocking them so that must have helped with everything" He smiled as he carefully passed off Kai to Shi and switched places with him in the rocking chair. "You look adorable holding babies Shi" He smiled softly, thinking the robotic armed serious looking Shi looked adorable holding such a tiny baby

"Good." Alise replied with a small smile glad that they hadn't been any trouble and had slept most of the time. Hearing that Otso had given Kai a bottle had her nodding making a mental note to make sure that they gave Annabelle one soon as well. Though their little girls seemed perfectly content in her bassinet right now. Her smile only seemed to grow at the sight of Shi holding Kai and sitting in the rocking chair with him. "It's truly adorable... I don't know if I'll ever get used to such a precious sight." Alise agreed loving the sight of her husband with their children. Then her attention moved back to Otso, "So, Bryan stopped by to see you?" She teasingly asked already knowing the answer. "Shi said he was smiling and you're the only one who ever gets that reaction out of him other than Solaria." Alise added with a gentle laugh.

Shi smiled softly, rocking his small child gently, keeping on stroking the tiny head with a single finger. So tiny..so soft..Shi thought to himself while the other two were talking. Otso smiled softly when Alise hit the nail right on the head. ?Yeah, he stopped by. I was singing a lullaby for the kids and I look up to see Bryan looking all spacey and weird and soft looking. He smiled a lot and seeing him so spacey and out of it was weird? Otso chuckled quietly

Alise had to admit that she was a bit surprised that Shi had managed to catch on to the fact that Bryan's smile had been different when she hadn't. Giving her husband a curious look before she was turning back to Otso, "Spacey, huh?" She repeated trying to figure it out herself. "Well... he hasn't seen you with babies before so... maybe that was why he seemed spacey?" She concluded before a thought struck her and she nudged Otso. "Maybe he liked the sight." She teased the wolf not able to help herself. Of course she was really just joking not really taking Bryan to be the type interested in kids or anything like that but she had to take the chance to tease Otso especially since it had been awhile since she had been able to do so.

“He did say I was really cute looking after them..” Otso said with a tiny blush which quickly faded and a smile. “It was cute to see him smile like that when he stopped acting like his head was in the clouds” He laughed, needing to bite his lip from being too loud. “He knee i would want to be around the babies so he said I can come visit as much as I wanted if I wanted to, teasing me about being happy I was still his top priority. Either way, him acting like that was so cute!” He smiled, it making Shi raise an eyebrow. Even Otso noticed his smile was different..odd..

"Is there anything you do that he doesn't find really cute?" Alise asked with a curious look crossing her face. It seemed kind of obvious to her that Bryan had thought it was cute mainly because he seemed to find most if not everything Otso did as cute. When it came to Otso Alise thought that Bryan changed completely. "Well that's good! Having a whole other set of hands will definitely be helpful." Alise admitted happily. She definitely didn't mind Otso coming to see the twins and help out knowing that he would be a big help when needed. Otso telling them that he had found Bryan cute from how he was acting had a surprised look crossing Alise's face not having thought that 'cute' and Bryan would ever be put in the same sentence. "Wonder what was on his mind..." She said softly more to herself than to Otso or Shi.

“I’m sure he would tell you what he was thinking if you asked him. Although he would probably be all...’Dont tell Otso this, it’s far too embarrassing and I don’t want it getting to his head and teasing me about it’” He straightened your when he was pretending to be Bryan. “I’m sure he would tell you and you can help him feel better? Have someone to talk to about things” He nodded before smiling softly

Alise couldn't help but laugh though she nodded. "I am sure I could get it out of him. If you think it's even something to discuss. I'm just curious." She admitted. While Alise truly felt she wouldn't have any difficulty getting it from him she wasn't sure it was something she should get into. Then again, not knowing what it was meant it was hard to figure out what she should and should not get involved in.