An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

"Yup! I can't say it wasn't a bit fun to get either." Kaine admitted with a soft laugh. Moving back to his spot he settled in the grass again watching the other for a moment before asking him if he was even going to be able to sit down with him. "Are you going to be okay sitting on the ground or...?" He was worried about his wolf, and didn't want to put Tenmo through anything that would make him uncomfortable or hurt him too much. "I have some interesting things on our copy that have proven to be a good lead into what was going on when the treaty was signed and how it had come to be that both sides agreed to one to begin with." Kaine admitted as moved his copy of the treaty to a spot that would make it easier for them both to look it over.

"Even when he wasn't present?" He asked with a raised eyebrow a bit surprised to hear that Tenmo's father was calling Xavier by name and wasn't even referring to him in the manner that he seemed to use with all other vampires. It was odd, and made him wonder even more what was going on between the two leaders, "Something strange is definitely going on there." He commented. For a moment he was focused on that before he shook his head and turned his attention back to the treaty. "I found it a bit odd, the signatures on our copy of the treaty. All of the council members that were present for it, except for Xavier himself and one other, Cavella, mysteriously disappeared over the years after the signing of the treaty. There hasn't been any sign of any of them, not a body, not a note, not even tracks indicating where they have gone. At the same time, no one in the coven even acts as though they are missing, or that they existed to begin with." He updated Tenmo on what he had been able to uncover on the signatures alone.

“I’ll be fine..” Tenmo said as he had to sit down awkwardly with the bandages being wrapped as they were and small amounts of pain shooting through him as he tried to find a comfortable position. Tenmo spread out his copy next to the others, in case they needed to be together to see anything of importance on his copy.

“Yeah..By name, you even heard him when the fight happened. He did insult him but even then still called him by name..” Tenmo spoke his thoughts out loud at how weird it was. His father calling a vampire by name of all things..? What was happening and what was their leaders histories with each other? Tenmo listened intently as he looked at the copy of the treaty for the vampires and what he was saying. It was kind of like his mother, excluding his father when he brought it up. At least as far as disappearing and never being seen again part went..”That is weird..something is going on between our leaders and the disappearances..” He mused, Eats pipping our and his ears and head tilted in thought

Being told Tenmo was fine Kaine nodded, watching the other as he settled down in the grass beside him, though he noticed it was a bit awkwardly done. Kaine didn't comment on that knowing it was because of his bandages and the stitches and instead just patiently waited for him to get into a comfortable position. "Yeah... it's really odd. Whatever history they have together, it's enough of one to where your father still feels the need to call him by name. I'm not sure if it's to try to make his insults more personal, or maybe because there is still some respect there or something." Kaine replied after hearing about how Tenmo's father addressed Xavier by name, even when insulting him. He did remember that, but he still found it odd he seemed to do so even when Xavier wasn't present.

"It seems like it, Cavella absolutely hates me for some reason. She's never been fond of my presence and makes it known every opportunity she gets. But I'll try to see what I can get out of her about the original treaty signing and any information as to how they had reached the conclusion of a treaty to begin with. Maybe with that information we can push them towards it again now and avoid this war altogether." It was a hopeful thought and Kaine knew it. But hope was really the only thing they had going for them right now. Reaching out he scratched behind his cute wolf's ears when Tenmo had tilted his head in thought, unable to help how cute he looked like that. "I hope we can divert the war. I want to get back to being able to be with you. Without being so short on time. It feels like even when we do get to see each other that we aren't actually seeing each other... if that makes any sense." Kaine said softly as he watched Tenmo.

Tenmo shrugged, unsure of all of this himself. He didn’t call kaine by name or anyone else but he called Xavier by name. In private and in public, he still addresses Xavier by name. And of the missing vampires..what happened to them? It seemed no one knew the answer. Hopefully this Cavella could give Kaine info about the signing and more info..Someone has to give them something here!

Tenmo smiled happily when he felt Kaine scratch behind his ear, tail thumping happily. “I want to be with you too..I don’t want anyone else to get hurt..or worse” Tenmo said sadly at both of those prospects. “It’s an even slimmer window of time..” He agreed before giving the other a light kiss. “Okay, so new plans are you try and find out information from them about Xavier and my father or the treaty, I’ll try to find anything about the both of them or anything at all!” Tenmo said as he gave him another quick kiss.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

An amused and happy smile crossed Kaine's face when Tenmo's tail happily thumped against the ground as he was scratching behind the other's ear. "I don't want anyone else to get hurt either." He replied knowing they both felt the same way. But that didn't mean he liked how little time they had for each other while trying to keep anyone from getting hurt. The light kiss made his smile brighten slightly, mainly because he loved them kissing, but when they began talking about the new plans of action for them he sighed softly.

"Yes. Sounds right." he agreed with a nod just as he was given another quick kiss. "I don't think we have long to figure this out either. By the looks of things on our side at least they could be ready and launch their attack within the week." Which was quite soon for the vampires. Their plans seemed to be coming along smoothly, and much to Kaine's surprise the whole coven was oddly excited to finally have a chance to go after the pack without any restraints. It didn't make Kaine happy at all, and he couldn't see it being easy to get a new treaty reinstated, it was going to be hard.

Tenmo nuzzled his head into the others shoulder, loving the ear scratches after getting so little time with Kaine. “Not long at all..” Tenmo said quietly as the other mentioned that their would be a vampire attack within the week. They had to find something..anything to reinstate a new treaty. Or at least delay any impending fights for a bit longer while they figure something out. “I’ll start looking for something when i get back to the house..” Tenmo nodded, hoping his father would be out of the office Long enough. If he had to alert them to an impending attack to get him out the office, he would. But he had to be quick in there, that plan or not. “I’ll see you back here tomorrow night..” Tenmo modded, giving Kaine a deep passionate kiss.

Feeling Tenmo nuzzle his head into his shoulder just made it so Kaine continued to scratch him behind the ears. Knowing that for now this was probably as much affection as they could give each other. Especially in their limited amount of time together. "I'll try to speak with Cavella when I get back as well." He commented with a soft sigh still wishing they had more time for each other. "Hopefully." Came his reply when Tenmo mentioned seeing him back here tomorrow night, returning the deep passionate kiss he was given Kaine sighed, gathering up their copy of the treaty and turning to head back. Only getting a few minutes with Tenmo was driving him crazy and certainly didn't help with his mood.

“I love you so much Kaine..” Tenmo smiled both happily and sadly, looking into the others eyes. He loved looking into them especially now since their time was limited. His eyes made him so happy, even if their time was short..He at least had those eyes. Tenmo used the others shoulder for leverage to get up before heading back, slowly moving to the house. Tenmo looked around once he got home..Quiet. Where’s his Father..?

Tenmo peaked his head into his fathers office..He isn’t here..? He must be hunting...! Now was his chance..! Tenmo quickly made his way into the office and looked around the shelves, low and high. Nothing..Nothing..come on anything! Tenmo could not find anything so he looked higher up on the shelves. He came across an ornate box that did not seem something his father would be fond of..Mayeb it’s important? He quickly snatched it and fled to his room, closing the door behind him.

Returning home Kaine let out a reluctant sigh as he set course for Cavella's office. When he knocked he was created by a child voice allowing him entrance. Entering the small office he stood before her desk, silent for a moment as he tried to figure out how to proceed. "What do you want, Kaine?" The cold feminine voice said. Clearly she didn't have patience for him already and this made Kaine even more nervous.

When he asked if she recalled when the first treaty was signed he got a look stating he was stupid for asking then was told that of course she remembered. The more questions he asked her about it the more vague her responses became. Up until he asked about the other missing signers and was very quickly told to get out of her office. Kaine oblidged, not wanting to push his luck more than he already had.

Tenmo carefully set this mysterious ornate box down on his bed, sitting down beside the box. He opened the box to find...letters...? There were many letters that he could not even begin to read through them all, written neatly and with care. It didn’t seem like something his mom would write..They both lived together so why keep a letter..? There was one picture of his father much younger with longer hair and wearing a black vest and tight jeans. He seemed to be holding the air as if something was there and ..squeezing it back? He found an older piece of paper as he searched further through the box. He came across a sketch....of...Oh my god. It was a sketch..of his dad..and Xavier..together...?! What did he just find..?! He quickly hid the box under his bed, knowing he had to show Kaine these tomorrow and go through the letters.

Kaine wandered back to his bedroom at that point, no closer to discovering what events had lead to the treaty or what had happened to the missing council members. If he had learned anything about the events at all it was that Cavella was hiding just as much as Xavier was. For all he knew both of them could be working together to hide whatever it was, which wasn't going to make figuring things out any easier. If anything he was more frustrated now than he was before he had tried to talk to the other vampire. Stretching out on his back he stared up at the ceiling, wondering how things could go so wrong when they had appeared to be going so well. Sighing his eyes drifted shut and he decided to get some sleep, he'd try to discover more during the day before he would meet up with Tenmo again.

Tenmo woke up the next day, immediately taking the box out from under his bed. These letters have to be pretty incriminating for him to hide them away he way he did. Would this relate to how he called him by name..with the treaty? He will find out together with Kaine when he saw him later. He acted as he normally would to not draw suspicion, he was being stared at regardless. He tucked the box under his box and started going for the border..

Throughout the day Kaine tried to discover more, tried to learn what was being hidden and what huge secret seemed to have befallen both sides. What was it they were trying to hide? Was it an attempt to hide it that the treaty came to be? These were questions he was dying to know the answer too. As the sun started to set he wasn't any closer to figuring it out, but he was just as frustrated as ever. Walking towards the border he wondered if Tenmo had been able to discover anything, he hoped so with the luck he had in the last 24 hours.

Tenmo eagerly awaited Kaine at the border, wanting to know what was inside the box fully. But he wanted to find out together with Kaien and his self restraint was difficult st best. He finally saw him and moved as quickly as he was able to move with a big smile. “I love you and hello...!” He said happily, his tail wagging. He was eager to look over he contents of the box, so he was quick to show the other. “I found this in my dads office..It’s a bunch of old letters and stuff. And there’s a hand drawn sketch of my father and what looks like Xavier a bit younger in skin..I wanted to read it with you” He smiled as he carefully sat down at he border line to take out a few of the letters to read.

"Hey there, puppy." Kaine greeted the other affectionately calling him his puppy once more. "I love you too, Tenmo." His curiosity was pushed when he noticed that Tenmo was carrying a box and as he sat down beside him and spoke Kaine was even more interested. "There is a sketch of them together?" He repeated finding the drawing and looking at it a bit stunned. This was... perfect! This explained so much while also making him so confused. "What do those say?" Kaine asked looking at the letters Tenmo had grabbed.

“Hang on..Let me find one..” Tenmo sifted through the letters, picking one at random. “Hello ‘Nippy, I was so happy to see you today..I long for our nights together...?” He read the last part slowly, needing to process this information slowly. Nippy..? Nights together...?! He had to keep reading the letter he was currently holding, figuring Nipoy must have been a nickname for Xavier from his father or something. “You are so lucky I had to be home early, you were far too gentle tonight. You really need to be tougher to get ‘Pup’ to behave himself” Tenmo couldn’t help but looked shocked and sort of grimace at thinking of his father in a sexual way. “Forever your Pup, Adrian...Kaine...I think we came across some good stuff” Tenmo said, only able to imagine what the rest of these letters could say..

"Yeah... and apparently Xavier can be a bit of a gentle lover..." Kaine replied a bit amused by the first letter. "Tenmo... This is so important for us... For the future of both our people. We could definitely use this to bring forth a new treaty, one that would let us be together." Clearly they were not the first vampire-werewolf relationship. Though it was obviously quite rare, it made him feel much better knowing that it existed previously between two people they both knew. Leaning forward he caught his cute puppy's lips in a kiss, when their lips parted he was smiling happily. "This really is perfect. Though... I absolutely must know what went wrong with them."

“That or one day he was gentle and my dad likes or is used to it being rough..or both..I really don’t like thinking of my dad having sex” Tenmo teased with a small chuckle. Tenmo kisses the other happily back, glad they weren’t a freak relationship. It has happened before..maybe they can work with this. “Now to find out what went wrong..and how to even bring it up” Tenmo nodded in agreement with the others statement. How did they go from that..to what they were now? Was there even anything left to salvage from this apparent past relationship as lovers...? It was worth a try..A treaty failed..and surely another could be made.

Kaine couldn't help but laugh, "I can't help but want to know! Do you think your dad would hate me even more than he apparently already does if I asked him?" Kaine mused a little interested to find out which one it was. Tenmo might not feel the most comfortable thinking of or learning about his father's sex life, but Kaine didn't feel the same way. No one in his coven was directly related to who he had been in his human life. So he had no personal feelings involved other than curiosity in discovering things about any aspect of their lives, including sexual. "I am going to have so much fun teasing Xavier about this!" He added happily with a soft laugh.

“Probably, even if we don’t know the reason why..” Tenmo said with a shake of his head. He freaked out that they even kissed, but that could have been caused by numerous things now. He heard the other mention teasing Xavier and he had to smirk himself. “You have to address him as Nippy..! I am sure no one calls him that and it would be funny” Tenmo chuckled and added “If you are going to tease him, let’s look through more letters to tease him with...and my dad” Tenmo laughed as he sorted through more letters. “You read one next..! One hass got to be from Xavier in this pile...!” Tenmo laughed as he tried to search the box for one that his dad didn't write.

Kaine couldn't help but laugh when Tenmo told him he just had to call Xavier Nippy as he was sure no one calls him that and it would be funny. It certainly would be hilarious when he was to call Xavier Nippy, but he was also aware that doing so could go different ways depending on the council member's mood at the time. Hopefully he could be playful enough before saying it that it would be met with shock instead of anger or any other type of aggressive reaction that could be caused. When he was told to read the next one he dug through the box to find one that was written by Xavier, it wasn't too difficult but they were buried more towards the bottom of the box. "Hmm..." Kaine mused as he looked down at the letter in his hand. "Never realized how neat and... girly Xavier's handwriting could be." Shaking his head he turned to Tenmo as he read the letter, "'My dear Pup, The days certainly seem to drag on now that I have something far more interesting to devote my nights too. Shame we can't meet more often, but I have much work to do here. I have, however, made some time for us in three nights. Meet my by that lone maple tree near where we first met. I'll have a lovely little surprise for you there. I'm sure you already have an idea what it may be. Until then, Nippy.'"

An amused look crossed Kaine's face when he finished reading this letter, "Huh... even he referred to himself that way and it didn't seem like he minded, considering he didn't feel the need to sign his actual name underneath it." This was just an observation but it was clear the two had something going on and were clearly in love with each other. "I wonder what surprise Xavier had waiting for your father. They clearly really loved each other." With that his gaze moved back up to Tenmo. "We really need to find out what went wrong between them. Partially out of fear that it may happen to us too."

Tenmo looked intently at the letter Kaine had found as the other had read it aloud. It really was gentle and girly handwriting...Tenmo thought, expecting something more course or rough looking. Kaine was reading aloud and Xavier seemed to really care about his father, seeming to set aside time for them in a busy schedule. And a surprise...? They really did seem to care about each other then...so what happened?

"I wonder too...about the surprise and what happened..." Tenmo said as he looked into the others eyes. "I don't want to turn into my father around you like my father is with Xavier..." He said with a gentle kiss on the others lips. "Maybe we can try and find out what happened...try to push them to talk to each other? Get info on all this and maybe somehow find this maple tree and push them to talk..? I don't know.." Tenmo said with a soft sigh. If they could figure out what happened...maybe they could help stop the war and get a treaty signed...save their own relationship from a similar fate. "Let's go do that now..." He said with a soft sigh, kissing him deeply as he stood up to leave. "I love you.." he said with a soft smile.

"We have to try. Otherwise there may be nothing that can stop this." Kaine replied with a sigh as he looked back down at the letter in his hands rereading it. The suggestion that they should go do that now made him sigh softly, and he wasn't the only one. He heard Tenmo sigh as well before his lips were caught in a deep kiss as Tenmo stood up to leave. "I love you too, puppy." He replied with a smile as he got up as well. "Would you mind if I kept this letter for now?" He asked holding the letter up. He was hoping it would be easier for him to convince Xavier to speak and start spilling everything if he had the letter in his hand still when confronting him about it.

This really had been a gold mine, there was so much for them to discover about these two. About the relationship that had been present between them. The letters that Tenmo had found were probably the most important thing that they had uncovered so far. Kaine was excited to uncover more, but at the same time a bit hesitant. Not really sure how Xavier or Adrian would react to this new discovery.

"Go ahead..It might be easier if you confront him with the actual letter" Tenmo agreed with a small nod, closing up the box and making sure the rest of the letters were put away. "I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you catch them in a good or shocked moon so they do not get angry. They obviously kept it hidden for a reason..and obviously their relationship isn't like it was now.." He nodded, thinking of the war and insults they screamed at each other. "Best of luck to you.." He said with a soft smile before holding the box under his arm before he made his way back home.

"Hey Father..!" Tenmo said casually, hiding the box behind his back, Adrian at his desk and not surprisingly looking over papers. "Close the door...We do not live outside...' Adrian sighed as Tenmo closed the door behind him. 'Nippy wouldn't like you saying that Pup.." Tenmo just came right out and said it. Adrian seemed to freeze in shock, recognizing a long forgotten nickname. "What did you say...?" Adrian said as he looked up at his son in a mixture of confusion, recognition and surprise. How...did he know that name...?

Nodding Kain pocketed the letter and turned to head home, heading quickly back not knowing what kind of mood Xavier was going to be in. When he got back he wasn't remotely surprised to find the ancient vampire in his office again, not expecting him to be anywhere else. Walking towards the other's desk he was shot a look stating clearly he was not allowed to stretch out on it again. This of course made him flash an amused smile, "I'm not going to sprawl across your desk this time, at least not unless you give me a reason to do so." He admitted with a small laugh.

Stopping on the other side he gave the other an innocent look, "I was just hoping that Nippy could tell me what happened with his Pup." The reaction he got was an instant one and he watched a barrage of emotions flit across his face. But it ended with the other gritting his teeth and a soft growl. "Where did you possibly hear such things?" With that Kaine produced the letter in his pocket and waved it in the air to show his proof. "Come now, Nippy. Tell my what happened between you and your Pup that ended in all of this aggression. It's unhealthy."