An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

“Do you know if it’s bad what he is hiding....? It has to be important to him at least” Tenmo said quietly before giving him another deep kiss. “Me..?” Tenmo asked, forgetting for a moment about the feud and the impending war and battle to happen. “I’ll have stitches for awhile but if I take it easy, it should not take long. I’ll gave some scars but they should be minimal at best..” Tenmo said with a soft smile as he carefully took off his shirt to show all the bandages. “I am glad you’re okay...I would do it again if I had to..” Tenmo said seriously with a soft smile on his face

"I don't know... I keep pestering him about it, about this whole thing but I am quickly wearing out his patience with me." Kaine admitted with a slight frown. The more he pushed and prodded at the real reason Xavier was doing all this the less patience the vampire had for him and the more aggressive he was behaving. Kaine knew he had to give him some space before the ancient vampire snapped. His dark eyes looked over the other when he was told he'd have stitches for awhile but if he took it easy it shouldn't take him long. "We'll have to make sure you take it easy then." Kaine replied determinedly. When Tenmo carefully took his shirt off a frown appear as Kaine looked over the bandages. "My poor puppy..." He murmured softly. He didn't like that Tenmo had been injured, whether or not it was protecting him. And he knew very well the wound on his leg was because his wolf had protected him.

“Ah...” Tenmo said with a soft sigh, hoping that he would have found something out since it seemed so secretive...was it important? From how the other made it sound, this Xavier seems to have a reason to fight so hard. “It will be fine..” Tenmo stroked the others cheek, the bandages wrapped around his waist and around one shoulder to hold it all up. “You are okay..That’s what matters. I didn’t want to see you hurt....I don’t think...I could have contained myself if you got hurt..” Tenmo spoke honestly as he laid his head on the others shoulder.

He was silent as he ran his fingers through Tenmo's hair, his mind roving over Xavier and Adrian. He would figure out what the ancient vampire was hiding and the past associated with the two. "I didn't know your father knew any member of the coven." Kaine a bit absently said, curious about it. But he knew that it wouldn't make a difference, clearly there was a tension between the two. But he was hurting to discover what it was. "Do you have any idea who was present in the treaty signing?" Kaine asked suddenly.

"You won't be able to protect me forever." Kaine murmured softly. Continuing to run his fingers through the wolf's hair and loving their closeness for the first time since that original battle. But that was a true comment all the same, it was impossible for Tenmo to protect him forever. There would come a day he wouldn't be able to do so, whether that day would come soon or not was questionable. "I don't like it when you're hurt." Kaine added turning his head to kiss Tenmo's cheek.

“Neither did I...” Tenmo said quietly, wondering how his father knew Xavier. It was always the vampires...the leeches...He didn’t recall his father mentioning any names. “And Who was there...? I..couldn’t be sure..None of the younger members at least..” Tenmo said, knowing he wasn’t around for the treaty that he can recall. Maybe his dad knew...?

“It’s forever as long as I make it so..” Tenmo spoke softly, knowing he would protect Kaine as long as he could. “Me either..But I would do anything for you..I love you” He smiled softly and kissed the others cheek. “I will see if i can find out anything..I will tell you if I find out anything..” He spoke softly again with a smile.

The same could be said for Kaine, he didn't know exactly who had signed the treaty or who was there for it. But he knew a copy resided in Xavier's office, he'd have to sneak it the next time he was there. Not to mention he figured maybe taking the approach of the treaty signing would uncover more from Xavier then outright addressing the war. It was a better approach right now at least, it was quite honestly the only other way to approach it and get some information.

It was amusing to hear Tenmo say it was forever as long as he made it so, not surprised that Tenmo wanted to protect him forever. "That's sweet." He said softly with a gentle smile. "I love you too. But let's try to keep injuries to a minimum, okay handsome?" He really was content to just stay here with Tenmo like this forever, especially if it meant that his puppy wouldn't get hurt again. Being told that Tenmo would try to see if they can find anything out he just nodded. Focused more on the other right now and being together than anything else at this point. Right now he could care less about the war to come, the treaty and the secrets. "Mine." Kaine said softly with a smile.

“You try to find the treaty..And I’ll see if I can find a copy in my fathers office. Hopefully you’ll at least get lucky..Father never leaves his office most days” Tenmo admitted, hoping one of them could figure something out. Maybe the treaty could give them a clue or even a head start as to what was going on..

“You stop getting into danger and I’ll consider it..” Tenmo teased, kissing the others lips lightly again. “You’re mine..” He spoke in a soft whisper before leaning into the others ear. “You are lucky I am injured right now and I’m not allowed to do anything..” Tenmo smirked with a teasing grab of the others butt. “We shouldn’t stay long like we usually do..Not when tensions are high..” Tenmo spoke honestly, giving the other a deep kiss.

"I probably will to be honest. Xavier seems to try to ignore my presence by turning his back to me lately. Kind of leaves me free to rummage through what I want as long as I keep talking he feels the need to pretend I don't exist." Kaine admitted with a soft laugh. "It's a bit amusing to see how childish even our oldest members can be at times." To be honest, Kaine quite enjoyed irritating the older vampire, and Xavier was tolerant of him despite how irritating he was obviously being to him. "I have to admit, it's fun to pester him, even when he gets frustrated with me."

"I'll do my best." Kaine replied with a smile before giving Tenmo another light kiss. "Doesn't feel lucky." He playfully responded pressing himself more firmly against his handsome wolf as he felt Tenmo teasingly grabbed his ass. Kaine took in a deep breath and let it out in a soft disappointed sigh when he was told they shouldn't stay like they usually did while tensions were high. He knew Tenmo was right but it didn't make him feel better as he took a small step back, just for his lips to be caught in another deep kiss. It didn't help him feel any less disappointed, but it at least kept him close to Tenmo for the moment.

When it broke he took another small back and glanced down at the ground. "I suppose that means we should head home, huh?" It wasn't like their whereabouts now were unknown and that both sides didn't know exactly what they were up to. Slipping his hand into Tenmo's he gave him a small smile, "I'll... see you soon?" He didn't really want to define another time that they would meet up because it wasn't that simple anymore. It wasn't as simple of them just when they were free to sneak off, it was probably more difficult like this because everyone knew where they were going.

Tenmo laughed when the other mentioned frustrating Xavier. “Yeah..I like to do that to my dad. If we find anything interesting, anything at all, we will report it to each other..” Tenmo thought, hoping he could find something. “If it is too dangerous or not enough time to see each other, hide a note or something on the others side of the border if we have to. I’d rather see you though..” Tenmo spoke as he kissed he other one last time. “Hopefully you find something my beautiful..” He spoke softly with a small smile. “I will see you soon, as sure as there’s a moon in the sky” Tenmo smiled before he made his way back home and staying in human form.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Kaine nodded when Tenmo said what either should do if things were to dangerous for them to meet or if there wouldn't be enough time. "I'd rather see you too." Kaine admitted with a small smile, but they had to do what was safest for them right now, and not necessarily what they would prefer to do unless the coincided. Returning the kiss he was a bit hesitant for it to end but knew it had too, watching Tenmo leave for a moment before Kaine sighed again and turned to head back himself. He hated this, that they had even less time for each other now thanks to this whole mess. Making his way back home he stepped inside instantly ignoring any looks aimed in his direction since he wasn't in a mood to deal with anyone. Kaine made his way immediately to Xavier's office, if he couldn't have a night like he wanted with Tenmo then he certainly wasn't going to give the other vampire a peaceful night. Seemed like a fair trade to him.

Tenmo ignored all of the other glances from the werewolves, knowing they were judging him for what happened last week. He stood up to protect not one but two vampires..and he kissed one. The very idea seemed crazy-treterous (spelling?) even..! Tenmo didn’t care, wishing he was at Kaines side and not having to deal with all this mess. His father was still in the office..not a good time to look in there. His father would watch him like a hawk with his injuries. He will try again later tonight..He thought as he went to his room. Hopefully Kaine would have better luck and find something out...

Knocking just as a courtesy he let himself in immediately after doing so, Kaine wasn't surprised when he got the usual frustrated sigh from Xavier. "Can't you at least wait for me to say come in?" The frustrated voice came from behind the desk, the ancient vampire was clearly not very pleased that Kaine continued to just let himself in, but he never did anything other than complain to make Kaine feel like it was really a bad thing. "I could, but you'd just tell me to go away instead. It's much easier this way." Kaine replied as he moved through the office immediately starting to look through things and not really surprised that Xavier only spared him the occasional glance.

As they talked he rummaged through numerous books, had looked behind different knicknacks on the shelf and had even climbed up to a higher shelf to see what was up there but had so far discovered nothing. He was about to use the ladder to climb up to the next shelf when Xavier finally seemed to deviate from the conversation that Kaine was dictating and taking an interest in what he was doing for once. "What are you possibly looking for?" For a moment, Kaine just looked at the shelf in front of him taking a fake interest in the books and items on it. "I'm not looking for anything. I just figured I might as well get a good look at the books and stuff you've collected over the years. We both know you are only tolerating this behavior from me because you would rather have me here with you, then out there with my werewolf." It was a true statement and he knew it the moment the look flashed before Xavier's eyes. Something was there, and Kaine was going to figure out what.

Tenmo waited for things to settle down before he attempted to sneak back into his office. Well his father was there but he didn't look up from his desk, looking over a mass of paperwork. He quietly moved as he looked among the various bookshelves for the treaty or at least something of importance. Something had to be useful here somewhere...

"What now Tenmo..? You seem very keen on being near or in my office today.." Adrian looked up, running a hand through his hair. Tenmo turned around to face his father with a small smile. "Looking..for stuff that might heal my wounds faster? I hate stitches and those drugs because someone wasn't letting me leave with my vampire love" Tenmo said, noticing the corner of Adrians mouth twitch. "Just....don't bother me" Adrian grumbled, giving Tenmo occasional glances as Tenmo searched the shelves. If he found anything, he better be quick about taking it.

A few more hours passed in this manner until Kaine grew irritated and stretched himself over the left side of the ancient vampire's desk. "Oh for god's sake, Kaine!" Xavier scolded him as he stared up at the man from his spot on the desk giving him a look as though he wasn't doing anything wrong to begin with. "Why do you hate them so much? You know that wolf... Adrian. The alpha. What happened?" Kaine suddenly asked bombarding the vampire with his questions in a manner he was hoping would surprise him enough to elicit a response. Xavier sighed and leaned back in his chair causing Kaine to cock his head to the side. "It's not a simple answer and you know that." This wasn't the answer Kaine wanted and he shot the ancient vampire a look clearly stated he did not remotely believe him. The look that crossed his face made it clear he wasn't happy with that answer and Xavier was giving him a look stating he wanted him off his desk. It appeared as though they were currently at an impasse, each wanting something from the other. Kaine was just wondering how long he could keep this type of thing up before he was pushed off the desk if he didn't end up moving.

"Why do you hate them so much...? I mean I know wolves hate vampires and everything but you really went after that one.." Tenmo was asking before it made his father finally look up at him again with a glare. "Xavier is none of your business and frankly something that does not concern you.." Adrian said before Tenmo tilted his head to the side. "You called him by his name..." Tenmo was more confused than ever at how Father did not want to even speak about the vampires in front of him, much less that he called one by name

When it appeared as though Xavier was going to ignore him Kaine shifted and stretched out over the length of the desk this time, knocking things to the floor and not caring. This earned him an irritated glare from the ancient vampire he once more gave out a frustrated sigh, "You are not a cat, Kaine. Get off my desk and stop it." Of course at being told he wasn't a cat the younger vampire couldn't help but give a purr as if trying to state otherwise. Knowing that the felines had absolutely no regards for their humans things and often did similar things. Unlike those humans though Xavier was not finding him remotely appealing or cute, just frustrating. "Tell me!" Kaine whined playfully though he swatted at any hand that moved to try to push him off the desk and onto the floor. This was his chance and he had to grasp it. If he didn't then he would lose any chance he had of discovering what had really gone on between the two of them.

The more Xavier tried to get rid of him the more Kaine protested, either by pushing the hand away or growling a little. It seemed as though this went on for an hour or two before the ancient seemed to resign himself and finally start talking. What he said confused Kaine more, but it never actually answered any of his questions either. What he did learn made him want to see that treaty even more. While he was confused the other vampire took the chance to dump him quickly on the floor where he landed with a thud. Groaning he pushed himself up, "You're so mean to me." Kaine whined as he was stretching his now stiff body, lying on the desk like that had not been remotely comfortable. "Can I have it?" He asked now that he was back on his feet and Xavier was trying to find everything he had knocked from the desk. "Have what you pest?" Came the other's reply. "The treaty." To his surprise the old vampire threw a scrolled up ancient looking piece of paper that was wrapped with a ribbon and sealed with a wax seal at him while telling him to get out that he had distracted him enough for one day. Happy to have achieved so much after a week of nothing he did as instructed and left the office, treaty in hand.

Tenmo rolled around on the floor and whimpering like a puppy. "You must be joking..." Adrian said with a sigh as he tried to ignore this childish behavior. He was being childish and saw no means to the other acting so foolish. "Nooooo because you won't tell me anything and you're hiding something.." Tenmo whimpered and ran around the room now in his wolf form.

"Stop.." He said in a low voice as he was very focused on his papers which did not stop Tenmo, in fact in made him run around faster. "Stop." Adrian said in a more stern tone, Tenmo started to get to a bookshelf to reach for something on the top shelf. "STOP!" Adrian yelled at him, Temo stopping in his tracks. "What do you want from me boy?!" He said with a growl, "Here, take this and go away okay?!" He growled, pulling out his copy of the treaty, wax sealed and tied with a ribbon. He smiled happily and took it in human form, happy for now. He would figure out why he seemed so angsty about Xavier sooner or later, but now he had something to go on.

Once Kaine had settled in his room he took a closer look at the treaty, the deal was an intricate one and clearly old. Breaking it he carefully unrolled it resting over the terms and conditions, even over the names of those who had been present and the signatures at the bottom making it final. The information provided by the treaty was extremely important, but he still needed more information.

Only two vampires who had been present and signed the treaty were still present. Xavier, who he had pestered enough for one night and Cavella who absolutely hated him. But Kaine knew he needed to speak with her, see what she remembered, if anything had stuck out to her. It truly appeared as though things were only going to get more difficult. But there was something else about the other council members whose names were on the treaty. Those that were no longer around, they were vampires that had mysteriously disappeared. Not the only ones to do so, but the most influential. Something was up, and he was going to figure out what.

Tenmo expected a bigger revelation from this old piece of paper but found nothing that seemed to make any sense. Nothing leaped out to him as important but he held onto it anyway. Who knows..? Maybe he would find something later or maybe Kaine had something that would make more sense. Either way, it did not look like Father would tell him anything about Xavier or the other vampires. He knew if he went to far, it would only make his father angrier and more curious as to why he asked all thse personal questions. Tenmo would have to keep sneaking to the border..see if Kaine found out anything.

Having decided that he didn't want bother the other vampire already considering she already wasn't a fan of him and he had bothered Xavier for a few hours now. Kaine would wait for another time to speak with Cavella, hopefully when she was already in a good mood and wouldn't put up much of fight. Setting the treaty down on his desk he returned to his bed to get some sleep before he would check on the war plans and find out how much time they had to figure things out.

Tenmo headed off to bed, hoping Kaine found out more than he did. He could at least share his version of the treaty and how odd his father acted about Xavier. Who knows..? Maybe Kaine could give him some insight...He thought to himself as he fell asleep, keeping the treaty at his side. Hopefully he can find out more before he saw Kaine again

By the time Kaine woke up it was already late in the day, leaving him not much time to gather more information about the war before he walks leave to try to meet up with Tenmo again. Showering and getting into clean clothes, Kaine left his room and made his way towards the meeting rooms they had, knowing he'd learn the most of their plans and preparations there. By the time the sun had set Kaine's brain was filled with quite a lot. Returning to his room he grabbed the treaty and made his way out of the building towards the border to meet Tenmo and talk about what they had been able to discover.

Tenmo tried to learn all he could, even if he was unable to learn the history between Xavier and his father. He just seemed to act in an odd way and thought he could use whatever the history was against them. After he learned all he could about the plans for battle, Tenmo snuck out of his house and toward the border, taking the long way around. It still took a bit due to the stitches but it was not nearly as bad since he started early and paced himself.

Making his way to the border didn't take him long, and he didn't really try to hide it that much since everyone already figured where he was going. He hadn't even been able to actually go out on a hunt the past week without hearing the whispers about how he must be going to meet his mut even when he knew Tenmo wouldn't be home yet. It was aggravating really, but he tried not to focus too much on their talk. Knowing Tenmo was still slowed down by his injuries Kaine wasn't surprised to discover he was the first one there tonight, instead he just settled himself comfortably near the border to wait for his arrival looking over his copy of the treaty once more. When he heard the telltale signs of someone approaching he looked up to see that his handsome wolf had managed to make it tonight as well. "Hey handsome." Kaine greeted getting up to hug his wolf and give him a quick kiss in greeting.

Tenmo saw the other waiting for him at the border, finding it weird since he usually was first most of the time. His injuries really have slowed him down..He thought as he smiled when approaching the borde while holding his copy of the treaty. “Hey gorgeous..” He smirked before giving him a light hug and quick kiss. Something seemed different about him but he couldn’t place it..

“You got the treaty..!” He said happily, hoping both of their copies would give them any clue as to the treaty signing and the start of the war. He opened his copy right besides the other to take a look. “I didn’t see anything on mine I thought was import any but my dad acted funny about Xavier” Tenmo said with a small nod. “He was calling him by name..didn’t even call him..well..bad things” He said quietly, not wanting to use the insults around the other