How to Tame Your Dragon

LoneDigger

Alphonsus cursed mentally as he doubled over, clutching his stomach protectively but it was too late. The pain was already there and it almost had him winded for a moment before he shakingly rose back to his feet.

The chains!

He lifted the heavy bits of metal into his hands and hummed, that would do...

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneDigger

• StarGazer

The old man cursed and kicked the ground when he suddenly remembered the dragon. "You.. this is all your fault!" He glared as he stomped over to him. "I told you to behave! You lost me that sale! I was going to be rich!" He lifted a clenched fist and swing at his face. "You'll pay for what you've done!"

Alphonsus was so fucking ready for this. When the old bastard when to hit him was when he suddenly jerked up the chain to capture his wrist in a make shift loop, and then jerking it to snap back the bone in the wrong direction. Pay back time.

"My hand!" The old man cried out in pain, his face contorted as he cringed. "You'll regret doing that you monster!"

He pulled out the dagger with his other hand. "You are dead now." He lunged with the dagger pointed right at the dragon's heart.

Again, the same chains that had held him down were now being used not only as a means of attack, but also defense. He pulled the metal against his chest to block the blade, it slid off to the side and cut his arms instead.

The old man kicked at him angrily and swung the dagger again. At this point he was just blindly swinging back and forth again and again. His eyes were red with rage. "Just die already!"

Alphonsus was just waiting for the old man to get sloppy and miss a step, but for now he was just evading and blocking his swings, trying to aggravate him further.

The old man jabbed the dagger forward once more, missing his target and stumbling forward. He almost fell but managed to keep his balance. Wheezing sounds could be heard coming from him. He wasn't as young as he used to and the physical activity was a bit much for him.

It was highly amusing to the dragon now that he had the upper hand. Still he knew human bodies were weak, it was obvious by the shortness of breath the old man had and his own bleeding arm. They weren't built to last through the ages the way dragons were, yet somehow they dominated the planet. It wasn't right. He circled the elder, waiting for his chance to strike. Then it would be all over.

"Quit going in circles! How am I supposed to kill you if you keep moving?!" The old man bellowed angrily as he waved his dagger around. He wasn't thinking of defending himself, but of attacking. Normally he was better at fighting, but he was so blind with rage that he just wasn't thinking strait.

Alphonsus was just waiting for the perfect chance, but now it seemed his own plan would backfire, in focusing so hard in evasion tactics he forgot to keep an eye on his own feet, which got tangled up in the chain causing him to trip back.

"Now I've got you!" The old man laughed evilly and kicked the dragon when he fell back. "Any last words?" He asked cockily as he stepped on the dragons chest to make sure he couldn't get up. He brought his dagger up and swung down aiming for his throats this time instead of the chest. He wanted him to die more slowly suffering in agony at being defeated by a human.

Alphonsus gasped at he hit the ground followed by the pressure on his chest, he was caught again and couldn't think of any tricks to get him out of this one. He instinctually raised his hands up to protect his throat, only to have his emerald golden mixed eyes widened in a mixture of pain and horror as he watched the blade go right through his palm.

A cruel laugh was followed by the old man stepping off the dragons chest. He thought because of the blood that his dagger reached deep into the dragons neck however he was mistaken. By the time the blade went through both his hands it did no more than scratch the surface of his neck. "That's what you get you filthy animal!" Thinking the dragon was a goner, the old man went into his home to deal with his broken wrist and the cut on his arm.

Alphonsus was frozen, breathing hard as the droplets of blood spilled down onto his chest and face from his impaled hands.

He lay there helplessly for a good moment even after the old man was gone before getting back onto his feet, shaking hard. But he had a plan now. He didn't even take one last look over his shoulder before running to the post to untie the mare, clumsily mounting her and squeezing her sides with his legs to urge her to run. He didn't even know how to steer her, but he just hoped that she would guide them back.

The horse knew exactly how to get home. She needed no encouragement and started off at a gallop. It took hardly any time before they made it back home.

Torin heard the horse ride up and ran outside. "You're back!" He exclaimed happily. Then he noticed the wounds on his hands. His happy expression turned to one of worry. "What happened?!" He asked while helping him off the horse. "Come with me. I'll get you bandaged." Quickly he took Alphonsus into the house to examine his hands.

Alphonsus would have terrified riding a horse at full speed, but he was too hurt to even notice his own fear. Human bodies were so fragile... He missed his scales, nothing hurt nearly so bad as did this. He didn't even want to look at his hands and closed his eyes as he ran his tongue over the holes, desperately trying to stop the pain and bleeding but it was just more than he could take care of. For once he truly felt vulnerable, he needed Torin to fix him because this was something he would never figure out.

"The old bastard... I didn't kill him, he'll be back..."

He growled out.

Torin ripped his shirt, having no clean bandages large enough to wrap his hands. "Don't think about it right now. Just keep your hands up. If you lower them the blood will all rush down to your hands." He took a salve from his bag and slathered it on both hands. It had herbs to help stop the bleeding and help him heal. Then he quickly and tightly wrapped each hand. "Just relax now. We'll think of what to do later. Right now you need sleep so you can heal so just lay down, ok?"

He was quite worried about Alphonsus though he tried not to show it. The wounds were really bad and from the looks of it he had lost quite a bit of blood. One thing was for certain. He needed rest. They probably wouldn't be able to move as soon as planned.

That only made Alphonsus either want to throw up or pass out at the thought of that. Dragons didn't bleed... not like this. He didn't realize that humans contained so much of the red liquid inside them until this moment, it was terrifying.

He wanted to be brave, but he was shuddering. Although it was mostly from pain.

The dragon gritted his teeth as his hands were wrapped, he thought it was going to hurt but actually it wasn't so bad. At least now he didn't have to see the blood and that helped.

He carefully took his spot by the fire and curled up tightly with just the bandaged hands sticking up high, just as the other had told him.

Torin rolled up the blanket into a ball and then laid it on the dragon's stomach. "You can rest your hands on here. That will keep your hands elevated without making your arms tired.... How are you feeling? Are you injured anywhere else?" he was almost scared to ask but he needed to make sure there wasn't another gaping wound somewhere. He looked him over but hadn't noticed any.

His arms was bleeding and his neck was thankfully just barely nicked by the blade but he just shook his head, feeling that he deserved nothing after failing to avenge Torin and now that old bastard would hurt him again.

Torin petted his head when he noticed the small cut on his neck. He took out the salve again and applied it to his neck. That one was minor enough it wouldn't need to be wrapped. He then looked him over again really well and found the cut on his arm. "You really should't lie. If you're hurting you should just say so." He muttered and made quick work of taking care of that cut as well. "I'm going out to check on the horse. You just rest. You're safe here."

He then got up and walked out of the cabin. After petting his horse for a while, he managed to calm her down and take her to the pasture. He gave her some oats for how good she had been. Then he returned to the cabin, heaving a big sigh. "I'm so glad you both are safe. Thanks for bringing my horse back. She hasn't got a scratch on her. You really are wonderful." He said as he laid beside alphonsus.

Alphonsus should have been grateful, but he was feeling too miserable about his own defeat again and the fact that he had been so much trouble to Torin that the guilt was just weighing him down. He just wanted things to turn back to normal.

"She is wonderful... She found the way home."

He muttered, wanting to go out and see the mare again but he felt too weak and decided to just lay where he was already.

"But you fought him and made it out alive. If not for you, she wouldn't have been able to come home, am I right?" Torin smiled and petted his head in a soothing way. "When you get better, we'll leave this place. No one in town knows where my home is so you can just relax. We just won't go into town before we leave. That horrible man won't be able to find us so you can just rest easy now." He wished there was something more he could do for Alphonsus, but the only thing he could do was wait so he just laid there and kept petting his head.

"The only reason she was taken in the first place was because of me..."

Alphonsus whispered miserably, unable to see any silver lining about the situation as it already was.

"I don't want anything bad to happen to you or to her ever again."

• Saga locked this topic