How to Tame Your Dragon

LoneDigger

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneDigger

• StarGazer

"You believe what you want, but if you find me dead out in the woods somewhere just know that it will be your fault. I mean it. I really want to stay with you. I don't care if we go so far from civilization that I never see another human again. I just want to be with you." Alphonsus was stubborn, but Torin was stubborn as well. He was not willing to back down on the issue. When he was left all alone and thought he wouldn't see the dragon anymore, it was the worst few hours of his life aside from the death of his family. He didn't want to loose another person he cared about.

"You're an idiot... I can't believe you would leave your perfectly good mare alone with no one to feed her those oats she likes so much because you had to just go off and chase dragons... what a poor horse. Can you even imagine?"

He grimaced, being a condecending asshole entirely on purpose

Torin frowned, really not liking his response. "You think I'm that irresponsible? Obviously I would take her with me. And if I ever couldn't care for her I would make sure she had a wonderful home with an owner that could take even better care of her than I do now. Don't you dare ever imply that I would neglect the care of my horse. I am nothing like that man who caught you." It hurt and upset him to think Alphonsus thought so little of him. He moved to the other side of the cabin to sleep for the night. It was rather cold away from the fire, but he didn't want to be near him just then.

"Don't be like that... I was just making sure..."

Alphonsus chuckled softly, Torin really did care about her. He knew because the mare told him.

"Come back..." He whined softly, "You'll be cold over there."

"Don't care... I like it over here." Torin sulked at the other side of the cabin. Alphonsus should have known he would never leave his horse behind. It felt like a slap to the face when he implied that he wouldn't take care of the horse.

"Well I like it better over here, so warm and nice by the fire~"

He hummed, just to rub it in a little. Who knew Alphonsus could be such a brat? Maybe Torin had spoiled his dragon a little too much, or that he knew he could get away with more thanks for being hurt.

Torin turned his head to glare at the dragon. He knew it was warm over there and he didn't need an obnoxious dragon telling him so. "I know it's warm. It's a fire. Now shut up and leave me alone." He spoke through clenched teeth. He knew what Alphonsus was trying to do but it wouldn't work. This time he was really pissed.

Torin relented and finally went back to the fire. "Happy now?" He grumbled as he plopped down near him. Though he made sure they weren't touching.

"Very~"

Alphonsus rumbled when he felt Torin's presence near his side again, even if they weren't touching it was plenty for him.

"Well I'm glad one of us is." Torin mumbled. He was still mad at Alphonsus but at least this got him to be quiet. When he fell asleep he was planning on going back to the other side of the cabin.

"Dragons make lousy pets, didn't I tell you?"

He quipped before closing his eyes and dozing back off to sleep. Keeping his arms stiff and folded above the blanket as if he were praying in sleep.

"Don't want a pet... I kust want a friend." Torin mumbled. When he noticed the dragon fell asleep, he slowly and quietly moved back to the spot across the cabin. "But clearly you still think I'm just too insignificant to deal with.

Alphonsus slept soundly only to be rudely awaken by his own injuries. Hissing loudly from the discomfort he suddenly threw them into the fire, anything to stop the pain! And instead of smelling burning flesh followed by screams instead the dragon sighed deeply in relief. His hands were being mended by the flames

Sora heard the hissing sound and turned around just in time to see Alphonsus stick his hands into the fire. "NO!" he screamed at the top of his lungs as he quickly rushed over, yanking him away from the fire. He was sure the male had burnt his hands so he didn't bother to look at them or else he would have seen the dragon was fine. Quickly he took the kettle and quickly dumped the last of the water onto his hands.

Alphonsus was just about healed until Torin spilled water over his hands, interrupting the process and leaving the holes still there, but they were smaller and less painful

Sora knelt down to take a look at his hands. He shouldn't have been shocked that the dragon was alright. He did eat that coal before after all. "This is... How are you healed so much? Your hands should be burnt, but instead they look.. well... better."

"But... fire burns." Torin was so shocked that he forgot all about being mad at Alphonsus. He sighed and hugged him. "I was so worried... I thought... I'm glad you're alright." Noticing the other was tired, he helped him lay back down before laying right beside him. "Go back to sleep. We can talk some more in the morning." He yawned, feeling a bit tired as well. Soon he fell asleep. The warmth from the fire felt rather nice.

What a pain... Torin didn't understand these things, but he was too tired to argue or try to explain it so he contented himself with the hug and the comfort from being right by the flames that would heal him in such times of need.

When the sun rose in the sky the next morning, Torin rose and stretched. He looked at the dragons hands, finding it hard to believe what he had witnessed last night. Those wounds had definitely healed a lot from the time he first saw them. How could fire heal? It was such a strange way of thinking, but that must have been what happened. It was the only explanation even if it didn't seem very logical.

The dragon was still dozing off, hands still tucked above his head out of habit, but they were significantly healed, though the deep stab wounds we're still there they seemed to have shrunk slightly.

Stirring slightly, the creature let out a deep breath before snuggling down against the blanket. But he couldn't stay for long, the instinct to move far away was still strong.

Torin slowly moved away to keep from waking the sleeping dragon. He seemed so peaceful at the moment. It would be a shame if he caused him to wake. Quietly he prepared his breakfast. When he was done, he moved the contents to a pot and hung it over the stove to cook. All that was left to do was wait. While he waited, he kept staring into the fire. If it had really helped alphonsus to heal that much then maybe he should let him do it again.

Alphonsus forced himself up eventually, but he was still feeling unusually lazy so he muttered a tired "good morning" to Torin before wandering outside for some fresh air. He walked over the fence line and waited for the mare. Once she came over to greet him he held her face between his hands and lightly pressed his head against her's.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry to have put you through that... Though you are a strong runner."

• Saga locked this topic