How to Tame Your Dragon

LoneDigger

"Well the only way to ensure that is for you to get better and stay with us forever so you can protect us." Torin said with a small smile. "Bad things happen everywhere. I've been in worse situations before I met you so don't go blaming yourself for everything. It was my choice to buy you in the market place. I could have just left but I didn't so here we are. It's all my fault in the end. Quit blaming yourself."

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneDigger

• StarGazer

Alphonsus groaned, but he supposed that Torin did have a point. He curled around his blanket a bit tighter and sighed. If his hands fell off, then what? He wouldn't be useful at all.

Torin snuggled against him. "Just get some seep. Your hands will be healed up in no time. Then you can help us move, ok?" He yawned feeling rather tired after the eventful day. "Hey um... did you... did you mean what you said in the market place? or were you just trying to make sure I wouldn't follow and get hurt? You just said that to protect me, right?"

But Alphonsus did not answer as it seemed the dragon was already dead in sleep the moment he shut his eyes the exhaustion hit him hard and he was out cold. Torin would have to wait for his answer the next morning when the dragon stirred, waking up feeling cold yet burning at the same time.

Torin sighed when he realized Alphonsus was asleep. He really wanted an answer to his question, but he knew better than to wake him. The dragon needed his sleep after the horrible incident. Before going to sleep, he stoked the fire and added a few more logs to it, making sure it would last until morning. He yawned and laid back down. Sleep came really quickly this time.

"T... Torin...?"

Alphonsus lifted his head, his eyes seemed hazy and the creature was acting like he wasn't fully comprehending his surroundings. Maybe he still thought he was waking back up inside the cramped cage.

Torin stirred a bit when he heard his name. "Mmm... Good morning." He smiled tiredly, looking at Alphonsus with only one eye open. "How did you sleep? Are you feeling any better?" He sat up and stretched. "I better redress your bandages and get some more of the salve on them."

"It's hot... too hot..."

The dragon complained as he kicked away the blanket from his stomach and stretched his arms up with a groan, they still hurt like hell. Big surprise...

Torin dipped a cloth in some water and began gently patting down his face. "I hope you haven't come down with a fever because of your wounds." He was worried for the cold blooded dragon. Never had he complained about anything being too hot, not even when he ate the coals from the fire. "Give me your hands. I need to take a look at your wounds. The bandages should be replaced as well."

Alphonsus tried to grab the cloth between his teeth and chewing on it, it seemed strange. But the reason would be apparent he didn't want to be heard if he ended up screaming from the pain.

He held up his hands weakly, shaking. He didn't want to do this even if it was for his own good.

"It's alright." Torin said in a soothing voice. "I will be very gentle." Slowly he pealed off one of the bandages. He put more salve on the wound before covering it with another bandage, doing the same for the other hand. "It doesn't seem to be infected, but it is irritated and red... You need to eat something to keep up your strength. I'm going to go hunting. I'll be back a little later, ok?" He needed to hunt, but if Alphonsus really didn't want him to leave, he would stay for a while longer.

Alphonsus groaned loudly, he didn't like having them messed with. Even if Torin was doing a good job he honestly would have rather his hands being chopped off. But once they were redressed he calmed down and reconsidered, maybe they would be okay... Probably in a month. He groaned again slightly and dropped the cloth to lick his lips were which dry.

"Be back soon...?"

"Yes. I'm just going to hunt some rabbit so you can eat. You need food to keep up your strength." Torin noticed him licking his lips so he got a cup and filled it from the pitcher. "Drink this and then I will leave." He helped to prop the dragon up so he could drink.

Alphonsus tried to sit up the best he could manage on his own, but he still seemed a bit feverish and it was affecting his normally graceful movements. Hell, he couldn't even sip without making a mess on himself since he never realized how much hands were used in humans for such tasks and even balance.

After Alphonsus drank the water, he helped him lay back down and wiped up the water he had spilled. "You just rest now. I'll be back soon." He took the bow and arrow as he left the cabin.

After a couple hours he returned with two rabbits in hand. "I'm back and I brought supper." He said cheerfully as he walked through the door. "I'll have the meat cut off soon for you." He carefully worked to cut up one of the rabbits. His right arm hadn't fully healed but it worked well enough now for him to use it. When he finally finished with the rabbit, he turned to the dragon. "I'll help you eat so you don't have to use your hands."

He pulled the dragon up so he was sitting and held the food up to his mouth. "I hope you like it. You really do need to eat."

Alphonsus delicately took the piece of rabbit between his teeth and chewed slowly, but he didn't feel much of an appetite despite how good it was, he just felt so defeated. His own will had died a little

Torin looked at Alphonsus worriedly. He knew something was off though he didn't know if it was because of the wounds or something else. "Are you alright? If something is bothering you, you can talk to me about it"

"I... I'm scared."

He didn't know how else to say it. He kept replaying it over in his head, if only he had attacked when he had the chance then he wouldn't have had to deal with the old man again or worry about the consequences on Torin

"You're safe here. There's nothing to be scared of." Torin spoke I a soonthing voice. "And I just want to say I'm proud of you for leaving and not killing him. I don't want you to be a killer. I know that man is evil and he might find us, but it's unlikely all the way out here.. It will take months for your hands to fully heal, but the bleeding has slowed down greatly and they have started to clot. Once you have a scab all the way over your wounds, we can leave here and never have to see that bad man again." He petted the dragons head not knowing how else to help him.

"You don't understand... I've killed so many before him and it shouldn't have been any different... But because I'm in this body I just couldn't win. Humans are weak, you don't deserve to the rulers of this planet you've already tried to destroy."

Clearly he wasn't referring to Torin specifically, but humanity as a whole. Dragons were monsters yes, but at least their lives made sense. Mankind, did not.

"Do you really think that way? What about yesterday in the marketplace? Did you really mean what you said when you left?" Torin asked the question for the second time. Last night he hadn't gotten his answer so he was determined to know now.

"I don't belong to anyone..."

Alphonsus grumbled, turning his back on Torin and facing the fire silently, he felt so... confused. He had grown fond of one human, but the rest of them to go get fucked for all he cared.

"If that's what you think then..." Torin hugged Alphonsus from behind. "I'll be your pet instead. Then you have to stay with me." He had a lot of time to think when the other left him. Even though he wouldn't much like to be a pet it was the only way he could think of to keep the dragon with him.

"No way... Humans are a lot of work to take care and you break to easily. No thanks, it's not a responsibility I could handle."

The creature groaned out when he was squeezed from behind by the hug, it only made it harder to resist but he was trying to stand firm. He was a blood thirsty monster that would in a month's time be back to his normal ways with any luck at all.

"If you leave, I'll track you down even if it takes me years. It will be all your fault if I collapse from exhaustion and die." Torin nuzzled his back as he snuggled up to him.

• Saga locked this topic