How to Tame Your Dragon

LoneDigger

"I'm much worse than that. But go ahead and take your master and run along while I actually deal with the problem instead of crying about it."

The dragon then looked down at the man still held tightly between his claws, the tips had actually broken into the skin slightly and the scent of blood only made the creature crave more.

So he loosened up his grip and dropped Desmond, only to pick him up again by his hand, holding it delicately between his fangs before all it took was a little pressure and the limb was gone.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneDigger

• StarGazer

Desmond was feeling numb all over from the pain, but when the dragon bit off his arm, he cried out in agony. The sound echoed through the hills and birds took to the skies.

The mare managed to get Torin a ways away, but when he heard Desmond's screams, he came rushing right back. "Stop! Don't kill him!" he yelled, arms failing about. "I won't let you do this!"

The dragon hissed, crouching over Desmond as if defending his kill. Though Desmond was far from dead yet.

"You said I could take away his hands, yes?"

Desmond clutched where his hand once was. He was bleeding rather badly. If it was left untreated, he would die from blood loss.

Torin saw that the man was missing a hand and guessed that it was because of what he said earlier. "I meant to break it or cut the tendon so his hands would be useless." He sighed and shook his head. "I've dealt with people like this before. Once they can't use their hands, they can no longer fight or do much of anything really so they become beggars in the streets. That's a fitting punishment, but this... If we don't get a tourniquet on that man right away, he's going to die."

Die? Oh, no. They couldn't have that when he had barely even gotten started with the man. The dragon's tongue poked out and he lapped it over Desmond's stump of hand, his saliva had not only natural healing, but also acted as a blood thickener. Helping it to clot over quicker than anything normal. But the catch was his saliva burned like hell, whatever kind of antidote was in it was painful as much as it was healing. But that only added to Alphonsus's amusement.

"It burns, stop!" Desmond shrieked. The pain was almost too much to bare. "Just kill me! Anything but this!" His wound had clotted and there was no more danger to his life. He breathed deeply, trembling in pain. There had to be a way to escape from this, but how? With his only good eye, he looked around for something, anything that could help him escape.

Torin shuddered and covered his ears when he heard the old mans pleas. It was hard to listen to but at least he knew the dragon wasn't planning to kill him. Well at least not yet anyway. When the man finally quieted down, he lowered his hands from his ears. "You won't kill him then? I thought... I was sure when you drew that x it meant you planned to kill him."

Alphonsus shorted and gave the old man a short wack with his tail to knock him over, he didn't like the way the other was stumbling around all suspicious like.

He then dug his claw into the ground, first drawing a circle and then an 'x' beside it. Keep him alive first until he was useless and then kill, simple.

Desmond fell face first into the ground and groaned. He glared at the dragon before slowly and quietly crawling for the tree line. If he could just make it there the dragon wouldn't be able to follow and he could escape.

"No we are taking him back to town." Torin stomped his foot angrily.

Alphonsus slapped his tail against the ground, blocking not only Desmond but also Torin as he hissed loudly. Breathing a circle of flames around them to keep both closed in.

Desmond groaned and collapsed, slamming his fist into the ground in frustration. He gritted his teeth as he laid there feeling utterly defeated.

"I wish you would change back already. You were much easier to deal with in human form. Quit being so stubborn already." Torin glared. Alphonsus seemed like a little kid throwing a tantrum. It was really getting on his nerves.

Alphonsus grimaced and nuzzled Torin harshly, trying to show him that this wasn't the worst thing. But even when he tried to be affectionate in his dragon form the action was rough and overbearing. As if he couldn't even be gentle.

Torin stepped back getting dangerously close to the flames. "You used to be kind. I felt safe with you. Now I don't know what to think. You've become cruel and sadistic. How do I know you won't turn on me next? I can't trust you anymore." He crouched down, wrapping his arms around himself.

Alphonsus growled and quickly plucked up Torin by the scruff of his clothing and pulled him away for them flames, instead placing him between his paws and nuzzling into him again. The human needed to be more careful!

Torin curled up into a ball and sat there silently. He could tell Alphonsus was trying to be affectionate, but he wasn't in the mood for it. It was quite upsetting to him that the dragon wouldn't listen. He wished there was some way to get through to him. After the longest time he finally spoke. "If you really cared about me, you would let me have my way this once."

The dragon cocked his head, he felt manipulated by Torin's words. And he should have beenore annoyed over that fact but he simply used his tail to smother out the flames and nudged both Desmond and Tori away

Desmond looked at the dragon before quickly getting to his feet and running into the woods. He wouldn't let this chance go by.

When Torin saw what the dragon did, he quickly ran up to him and gave him a hug. "I knew you were still in there." He smiled happily. "Thank you. You really are the wonderful dragon I know you to be."

"Oh, Torin... if only you understood that now you will be taking his place~"

The dragon rumbled with a grin as he placed a paw over his back. To the innocent man it might seem like he was returning the hug back, but actually it was a possessive move.

"You know where he lives. Just sneak back to his house tonight and finish him off quickly." Echo walked up to them.

Torin looked up at the dragon. "Can you fly me back home? We need to go get the cart so we can leave."

• Saga locked this topic