How to Tame Your Dragon

LoneDigger

Torin didn't hardly notice alphonsus wake or leave the cabin. He was deep in thought as he contemplated what to do about the wounds on his hands.

"Why thank you, but there is nothing to apologize for. You saved my master by keeping him out of harms way and you rescued me as well." The mare nuzzled him and played with his hair, making it a slobbery mess.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneDigger

• StarGazer

"No way... I wouldn't have been able to get away fast enough without you so it's you who saved us."

Alphonsus shrunk back slightly at her overly enthusiastic greeting, he wasn't used to so much affection and um... Slime. But he smiled, slowly growing used to it.

"What does he call you?"

"You're the one who freed me from the post though. I couldn't have escaped that.

The mare shook her head up and down, whinnying happily.

"He calls me Echo. When he first bought me, I had no name. He named me that because that night I saw some thieves and alerted him to what was happening. Afterwords he said my whinny echoed through the hills so he named me Echo."

Torin heard the mare's whinny and walked out of the cabin to see what was happening. "Everything alright out here?"

"Echo? It does suit you well."

Alphonsus grinned softly, it was a pretty name for the mare and she seemed proud of it herself.

The dragon turned around when he heard Torin's voice.

"We're okay! Just talking."

Torin walked over to the fence. "She's not telling you embarrassing stories about me, is she?" He asked as he petted the mare. There was so many stories she could tell him which he wished she wouldn't. He wanted to look strong and capable in front of the dragon in hopes that he would want to stick around.

Torin groaned inwardly. Based upon his response he was sure they had been talking about him.

"Oh yes I would. He's a really funny human." Echo responded playfully as her tail swished back and forth. She knew Torin wouldn't understand her so she spoke honestly.

"You must tell me everything. After all, it's not fair if you know all the good secrets~"

The dragon answered the mare without even moving his lips. It was a mental conversation.

"Well... when he thinks no ones looking, he runs around with his arms stretched out. I think he's pretending he can fly. It's really cute." The mare bickered and stomped her feet. She found it quite humorous.

Torin frowned when he noticed the two exchanging glances. It seemed rather suspicious. "You two are still talking about me aren't you." He said with a slight pout.

"Aw~ Well, who can blame him? Humans might think they have everything, but they will never master flight. Even with their machines, it's never the same."

Alphonsus chuckled before turning to the other again.

"Perhaps we are... But I can assure you it's all positive~"

"If you say so.... I'll believe you. How are your hands feeling? Yesterday you said the fire was healing. I don't understand it and it's too scary to watch but... if it really did heal you, you should do it again. I'll wait out here though. I can't watch." Torin cringed at the thought of the dragon placing his hands in the fire. Doing something like that would burn a human.

"Then don't do it. I don't want to chance you getting hurt if you aren't sure." Torin got a couple scoops of grain to feed the mare. "I'm going to start packing today. You look good enough to travel, just try not to move those hands too much and don't pick up anything. I don't want your wounds to reopen."

"You're the boss~?"

Alphonsus hummed playfully, folding his hands carefully behind his back.

"Well I don't have any belongings to pack so I'm all set when you are."

"It shouldn't take me long. I don't have much. Just spend some time with your new friend." Torin waved as he walked back to the cabin. In a way he was jealous of the two. They had a relationship that he could never have.

"Well, fine..."

Alphonsus smiled, he knew something was up with Torin, but surely he wasn't jealous?

The creature wanted to go over the fence, but the 'boss' had said no using his hands which would have been involved in hoisting himself over.

Oh, well. He'd just stand there and talk with his 'new friend'.

"There's a lot too him I bet... I just can't tell what he's trying to get at. Humans aren't so forward."

Echo talks to Alphonsus while eating her oats. "He's really open with me. I think it's because he knows I can't talk to him so I can't say anything hurtful. He's very sensitive so watch what you say around him."

"The thing that hurts him the most is when you say you will leave. He has this fence here to make sure I'll stay though I could jump it whenever I want. I won't ever leave him. Won't you consider staying with us? He really likes you a lot... even more than me." The mare tried to persuade him to stay.

"It's not what is best for either of us... I'm not a pet or even a good companion the way you are to him. I am a monster and dragons don't... Well, we just don't fit with human morals of life."

"You aren't scary like the other dragons I've met. You actually care about my master and I think that's wonderful. The mare leaned over the fence, resting her head on top of his head.

Torin walked out of the cabin with a pack that was full and rather heavy. He took it around back and set it in a small wagon before returning to the cabin to get more.

"He bought me from that man... and I am grateful to that. But I couldn't stay..."

Alphonsus sighed, glancing over at Torin with an almost disheartened look.

"If you say so... He will be very heartbroken when you leave. I will miss you too. We horses like companionship and Torin is nice, but not very good company. I can understand him, but he can't understand me. Echo moved her head down to his face, nuzzling and pushing him playfully. You are much more fun to be around.

When torin finally finished, he walked over to the two. "I'm ready to go... Did you two have a nice chat?" he asked with a bit of envy.

"I know it will be hard... But he will survive and move on. He'll always have you, even if he isn't as great to talk to."

The dragon playfully grabbed the mare's head and held it, blowing a bit on her nose. Already learning the body language of equines just from observing the mare.

"She's not really too chatty... She just tells it how it is."

Alphonsus smiled as he helped to reign Echo in and get them ready for the journey ahead.

Torin hooked her up to the wagon. "Alright girl. We're going to be traveling for a while so just bare with it, ok? I will give you extra oats as a thank you." He petted the mare before going to get on the wagon. Just when he was about to leave, he saw something coming out of the forest. "Not you again old man. I already paid you more than enough."

"It's not 'old man'. My name is Desmond Blade. You best remember that boy. After all I will be the one to send you to your grave." He pulled out a shotgun and aimed it at Torin before firing.

Luckily Torin noticed and quickly ducked. There was only a scratch where a bullet just barely grazed him. "I hate violence but you've left me no choice." He quickly leaped from the wagon with surprising agility and ran towards him while he was reloading the weapon. "No more mister nice guy." He pulled out two daggers as he neared his target.

Just then he finished reloading and fired the weapon. Torin wasn't ready for it this time and was hit in the shoulder. He fell to the ground crying out in pain. Though he knew he couldn't lay there. He forced himself up and ran for cover, ducking behind a boulder just as another shot was fired off.

• Saga locked this topic