How to Tame Your Dragon

LoneDigger

Alphonsus tensed at the sight of the figure making shape as the old man. How had he found them so quickly?! His only concern now was defending Echo and Torin so using the other as a distraction for Desmond's fire he ran to quickly unhitch the mare and slapped her over the haunch to get her to run.

"Get out of here! We'll meet up with you later, you need to go!"

Next the dragon's eyes which seemed a bit more gold than emerald somehow locked on the old man he attacked full force from behind, his teeth digging into the back of his neck trying to find a vein as he held on for life.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneDigger

• StarGazer

"Take care of my master." The mare quickly ran into the cover of the woods for safety.

"Gah!" Desmond cried out in pain when the dragon bit him. He swung his gun behind him hitting Alphonsus once, twice, a third time. He continued swinging the gun at him. He knew if he couldn't shake him off, he would be a goner. "Get off me you monster!" He was bleeding quite heavily and the pain was making it hard for him to focus so he didn't see this coming.

Torin, who had heard the commotion, came running over. He held a dagger in one hand while the other hung limp from the bullet wound. "This is for all the pain you've caused us!" He stabbed one of the old man's hands. As the saying goes, an eye for an eye, and that's exactly what Torin intended to do.

Alphonsus was resilient, he kept chewing down hard until finally one of the blows hit just hard enough to render him somewhat unconscious for a moment as he fell limply to the ground, his vision blurring as he struggled to get back up and fight. He couldn't let Torin get hurt! Never again.

Torin rushed around the old man to the dragon. "Are you ok?!" He tried to help alphonsus to his feet, but had trouble since he could only use one hand. "Get up! We have to get out of here!"

Desmond clutched his wounded hand, gritting his teeth. His vision was beginning to get funny from all the blood loss. Even though the dragon was off his back, he had trouble standing and fell to his knees. It took a moment, but he was able to raise to his feet again and he turned around, swinging the gun at the two of them since he would have trouble reloading it with his hurt hand.

Alphonsus was fading out, he couldn't fight the urge to just... black out into nothingness. It was peaceful, he couldn't hear or see anything for a moment, like he was being suspended in darkness. But that wasn't to last, as he felt himself falling back down to reality, but everything had changed and he hadn't felt it. What was once a man was now a dragon towering over Torin in a protective stance as the beast opened it's maw and let out a roar, beating his wings and standing back on his hinds legs as he brought his claws down on Desmond.

Torin fell back and stared wide eyed at the transformation. He really was a dragon! It had been hard to believe, but now standing before him was the proof that he needed. Such a magnificent dragon he was too, so big and powerful looking. If Torin hadn't already known it was Alphonsus, he probably would have been scared.

"Beast! Monster! You'll never get away with this! I have friends! They will hunt you to the ends of the earth!" Desmond yelled furiously as he struggled beneath the powerful claw. His attempts to get free were useless however. The dragon was just to strong. "Go ahead, kill me! There will be others!"

The dragon snarled down at the man trapped underneath his claws, but he did not crush him. Instead he gripped his paw around Desmond and with with tail pushed Torin to his side, he wanted the other to climb on his back so they could fly away somewhere even more secluded. He had some questions for the old bastard and Torin could help ask, while he the monster did all the interrogations.

Torin squeaked with surprise when the tail pushed him. He looked up at the dragon and moved onto his back. It was as if he could understand what he wanted.

"Just kill me already!" Desmond glared up at his captor angrily. He didn't understand why the dragon wouldn't just get it over with and kill him.

"Kill you? But I haven't finished toying with you yet."

The dragon hissed out in amusement, but of course his voice was not heard by human ears. He would make use of the old fucker before dismembering him slowly. And he would bow to Torin as well. No one hurt his master.

Wait a second? What did he just think? No... they weren't... He wasn't a pet. That was already said, but he couldn't get it out of his head now.

Alphonsus soared away eager to get away from his own thoughts as he climbed higher into the sky up into the lower cloud cover.

"Put me down monster!" Desmond screamed when they took off. He had a real fear of heights.

Torin held on tightly when the dragon soared up into the sky. At first it was scary because he had never been that high before, but then he relaxed a bit and found it to be quite exciting. Everything down below looked so small and almost meaningless. As they rose higher into the sky however, the air was becoming quite thin and he was having some trouble breathing since he wasn't used to the altitude. "Alphonsus.." He wheezed, trying to get his attention, but it was too late. His grip loosened and he was pulled away by the wind, now falling quickly from the sky.

The dragon stopped mid flight and suddenly let himself plunge downwards as well, trying to use gravity to speed his fall as he snatched Torin back out of the air. But the creature's cold heart was racing, that was too terrifying, they had to land now.

He made a more gradual descent down, finding a hilltop surrounded by pines in a clearing to settle in.

When they plummeted towards the ground Desmond's heart was pounding so hard, he thought he was going to have a heart attack, however that was not the case. He just passed out from fear of hitting the ground.

Back on the ground, Torin was able to breath more easily and he quickly recovered. He sat up and looked around with surprise. How had they gotten here? He must have blacked out for a moment. "Are you alright?" He asked alphonsus, always thinking of others before himself.

Alphonsus growled softly at the man who was still trapped between his claws, even if he was currently unconscious it only angered the beast more because he couldn't do anything to him like this.

But when Torin came to again the growl quickly changed into a happy rumble as he used his tail again to pull him closer to his side in a protective manner. He still wasn't sure where they were either and didn't want him getting hurt.

"W-woah careful." Torin was still a bit unsteady from loss of oxygen. He remembered having trouble breathing and falling off the dragon, but the rest was a blur. "I'm sorry for scaring you like that. Thanks for saving me." He leaned against Alphonsus and let out a sigh of relief.

Alphonsus twisted his head around to face Torin, trying to read his lips but understanding him was a bit muttled. But he didn't need to know what he was saying to sense the worry, so the beast gently bumped his head against the male's side.

Torin laughed slightly and petted his head. "Were you worried about me? I'm ok now though."

Echo came up to them at a gallop. When she saw a human body falling off a dragon, she thought Alphonsus might have reverted back to his original form. She stayed back a little ways however. Dragons were quite scary because they were known to eat horses from time to time. "Alphonsus... Is that you?" Her feet pranced nervously beneath her.

"Echo...? It's me!"

The dragon raised his head, rumbling loudly. He couldn't believe that she had found them so quickly, but then again he hadn't gone far.

Echo backed away, but then stepped towards him. She kept moving back and forth slowly getting closer each time. Even though she knew it was him, he was quite scary as a dragon and she couldn't get over her fear that easily. Are you two ok? What happened?"

Torin quickly stood when he saw his mare, but the slight change in elevation was too much and he fell back down. He was still a little dizzy. He shook his head and hit it a couple times, trying to get rid of the dizziness.

"Dont be frightened, I'm still the same Alphonsus... Well, just look at what I found. Thought he could hurt our master and get away with it."

The dragon shifted, moving his claws so that Echo could see their prisoner. His tail flicked slightly to help support Torin as he stumbled back, trying to encourage him to just stay down by his side.

"OUR.... master hmm..." Echo looked at him with surprise. She never thought she would hear those words coming from a dragon. In all her years she had never known a dragon to show loyalty to anyone not of their own kind.

Torin used his tail as support. He leaned on it and slowly sat back down deciding it was best to just stay put a moment longer.

"What?! I said your, not our..."

The dragon turned his head away clearly guilty but not wanting to admit what he had said.

He then busied himself with curling around Torin to create a little barrier so he couldn't walk off far and get hurt, or lost... Being responsible was kind of a lot of work the beadt just realized

"Sure you did... I'm on to you dragon" The mare clearly wasn't convinced. She knew what he said and she wouldn't be tricked.

Torin rested his head on the dragons tail. It felt quite cozy being wrapped up like that.

Desmond slowly came too. "Ugh... my head. What happened?" His gaze landed on the dragon that was keeping him pinned down. "Monster! What are you do with me?!"

The dragon seemed to give an almost sinister grin, showing off all his fangs with he took a single claw, caressing it against Desmond's cheek before suddenly plunging into his eye socket in one simple motion, he seemed to be gaining a sadistic enjoyment out of torturing his prey.

Desmond cried out in excruciating pain. "Gah! My eye!"

The mare shuddered and backed away. Sure he probably deserved it, but she wasn't a carnivore and couldn't stand the sight of blood.

"Stop!" Torin yelled when he heard the old man screaming. "No more violence!" He reached up and hugged the dragon tightly. "Please. He's defenseless. He can't hurt us anymore." Tears streamed from his eyes. He had never seen the sadistic side of Alphonsus and it scared him.

Alphonsus huffed, as if his own way of a dragon rolling it's eyes.

"... Seriously? This guy tried to murder us and you cry because of... Now how do you humans put it? Ah, yes... An eye for an eye~"

The dragon rumbled out in amusement, seeming unaffected by Torin's tears then the same way he had been instantly empathetic in his human body, it was like he was void of emotion except for his own sadism.

• Saga locked this topic