How to Tame Your Dragon

LoneDigger

Don't go..... please." Torin mumbled in his sleep. It was almost as if he knew the other was still thinking of leaving him or maybe he was just dreaming. Either way he truly did want Alphonsus to stay.

He snuggled even closer, wrapping his arms and legs around his body as he slept, clinging to him tightly the whole night.

When the sun rose in the morning, the light shone through some cracks in the walls of the crudely built cabin. When a beam of light reached his face, it caused him to stir a bit. His eyes fluttered open and he immediately checked to see that Alphonsus had stayed.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LoneDigger

• StarGazer

Well, that wasn't creepy at all... So the human could read his mind. That meant planning an escape would be ten times more difficult than already anticipated. But he knew Torin would quickly grow tired of him and all the pain he would slowly bring to his life.

He let out a disgruntled sound when he was squeezed in a locking hug from behind which meant chances of leaving were closer to zero more than before.

Fine, he would stay for the night. Geez... He closed his eyes, soon drifting off to sleep and staying out cold until morning.

A feeling of relief washed over him as soon as he laid eyes on the sleeping male next to him. He sat up and yawned. All of a sudden he felt quite cold. He looked at the fire which had long since burned out.

"Forgot to put a few more logs on the fire." He muttered quietly as he slowly rose to his feet, trying not to wake Alphonsus in the process.

Luckily there were still a few hot coals left in the fireplace. He took some smaller sticks and layed them against the coals. Once they caught fire, he added a larger log to it. "That's better." He said to himself with a smile.

Alphonsus barely even stirred when the other moved to go tend to the dying fire. In fact, he was so deep in sleep he appeared almost dead, and cold.

His dark messy hair was covering his eyes so it really was hard to tell.

Sora turned his attention back to the sleeping man on the floor. He sat beside him and shook him a little to wake him. Feeling how cold he was had him worried. "H-hey wake up... Are you alright? Say something." He shook him harder and leaned in close to his face to see if he could feel his breath.

Alphonsus didn't scarely move, it was clear that he was breathing, but very slowly. Not even the shaking and the other's voice had an effect until the day of sunshine hit his face he suddenly blinked awake.

"Mmm... Morning..."

"Good morning." Torin barely managed to squeak out those words. He was shaking as he clung to Alphonsus with tears in his eyes. He was relieved to find that he was indeed alive, but the shock of him laying that still and feeling that cold had him so panicked. "You... I thought... I'm so glad..." His voice trailed off as he hugged him. He had already had to bury both his parents and his sister because of the war. The thought of loosing another person was just too much to bare.

His breathing slowed as he calmed down. He sniffled and wiped away his tears before pulling away from the other male. "Gosh.. I'm sorry... Please.... Just forget you saw that." It was really embarrassing how he had acted and he couldn't bring himself to look him in the eyes. "I.. I'm going to go hunting for some breakfast. I understand if you want to leave. You must think I'm crazy now." He gathered his things and headed towards the door.

The dragon's eyes widened as he was embraced, he could smell the other's tears and hear the emotion in his tone.

Why was he so upset about? Thinking he was going to leave? He was right here wasn't he? Maybe the other had a bad dream...

"Probably just a nightmare? I could accompany you..."

Humans weren't that great hunters, he would find prey faster.

But the other was acting strangely, telling him he could leave and that he was crazy.

Had something possessed Torin when he was asleep, he suddenly grabbed the other's shoulders and stared him right in the eyes, searching for a demon spirit. But there was none.

Torin gasped when grabbed by the shoulders. He tried to avoid eye contact with him. "Please don't look at me right now. I'm a mess." His eyes were a bright red color and they stung from him trying to hold back the tears. "If you want to come along, then come. Just please... don't ask any questions." He turned his head and mumbled. "I already feel bad about the scene I just made."

He grabbed a bow and arrows beside the door and stepped outside. The brisk morning air sent a shiver down his spine. Hunting, that would help take his mind off the past, but first he went to the pasture to feed his horse some oats. He was greeted with a happy whinny as the horse trotted over. It brought a small smile to his face. He wiped the rest of the tears from his his eyes as he fed the horse.

Once done, he managed to compose himself, he went back to Alphonsus. "Sorry about earlier, but I'm better now." He looked him in the eyes for the first time that morning. "Do you still want to go hunting with me?"

"You don't have to be sorry, you weren't doing anything wrong."

Alphonsus reassured him as he let go of his grip on his shoulders. He hadn't meant to bother him...

He followed the other outside because he wanted to say good morning to the horse. He really liked her and just watching the mare chow down on oats and walk around was fasinating to him. He had never admired horses, just ate them occasionally.

"Yes, bit you didn't have to apologise."

"Sor...." Torin started to apologize once again, but stopped himself. "Are you feeling ok this morning? I mean... You look ok right now, but before you woke up, you were stone cold. You were weren't moving and you didn't wake no matter how hard I shook you. It was almost as if you were..." His voice trailed off as he looked at him.

"But you're alright now, aren't you?" He reached a hand up to touch the other's cheek to make sure he wasn't cold anymore, his eyes searching for any sign that might show he wasn't feeling well.

Alphonsus cocked up a brow when the other almost apologized again. Luckily he didn't or else the dragon didn't know what he might have done.

"I'm cold blooded... The fire was out so my temperature dropped and to protect my internals my body shut down."

He explained the best he could, leaning against the fense as he stared at Torin quietly. He was treating him like something precious or delicate... Alphonsus wasn't used to that at all. Did he really look so helpless in this body?

"You are cold blooded? I'm sorry." Those words escaped his lips before he realized it. He continued talking, hoping Alphonsus hadn't noticed. "I should have known about that. I will make sure to keep the fire well stoked so it doesn't go out next time. Don't want you freezing to death.."

Death, the one thing no one could escape, but Torin was determined to prolong it as long as possible. He had seen enough death to last a lifetime. All he wanted to do now was live out his life in peace, hopefully never seeing another person die before he did.

"I didn't tell you, so it's understandable."

He replied evenly, his lips only twitching up in the briefest hint of a snarl at the last remark. No more saying sorry already!

Dragons would never apologize for anything. So he should stop trying.

"Hmph, unlikely... I'll just hibernate if it gets too cold."

"Well at least you're ok. It really scared me when you wouldn't wake up."

Torin's stomach suddenly growled. "Guess we'd better get to hunting. We'll never catch anything here. Come on, I know a good place to watch for animal." He motioned for Alphonsus to follow as he walked into the woods. After a while he came upon a large tree and climbed up it, motioning for him to climb up as well.

"We will wait here for our prey to come. This area usually has a lot of animals traveling though so we should be able to get something soon." He leaned back against the trunk of the tree, shifting a bit until he found a comfortable position. All that was left to do was wait patiently for the animals to come to them.

Alphonsus hated to take orders from a human, but he owed Torin the favor so the least he could do was not be completely difficult. So he followed the other's lead, feeling much more at home in the forest. He climbed up the tree trunk with surprising strength and agility, shimming out onto one of the thicker extending branches to perch on the edge to get a good view of the forest floor and any passing creatures. He lay there silently, just watching and waiting. It was hours before a doe finally crossed their path, and he sprung himself from the tree, landing on the deer's back and swiftly biting her neck. It was hardly a struggle before the animal died between his teeth. It was the most bizarre sight, a human attacking prey like another animal would.

Torin couldn't wrap his mind around the sight he had just witnessed. It was so shocking that he lost his balance and fell from the tree and hit a couple branches on the way down before landing on his side with a thud on his side. A small whine escaped his lips when he impacted with the ground.

After a moment, he managed to get to his feet, but was holding his right arm which had been hurt during the fall. He tried to shake off the fall like it was nothing, but it was difficult for him to move his arm. He winced in pain when he tried to so he decided to just eave it hang by his side. "You... That's some technique there." He laughed a little. "Looks like I should just leave the hunting to you next time."

He had never killed anything as large as a deer before and just then realized he was unprepared to deal with carrying it home. Usually he just got smaller prey like rabbits. "Hey um... How strong are you? I don't think I am strong enough to carry that back. Do you think you could?"

The deer was dropped when he heard the sound of Torin crashing out of the tree and onto the ground. He did a quick inspection of the male from head to toe looking for injuries and he knew he found something when he put pressure on the arm and the other winced.

"Don't jump out of trees... I know I made it look easy."

The dragon teased slightly as he returned to his kill and was able to pick it up in his teeth and drag it around with ease.

"Come on... We'll fix your arm at your den."

He growled against the neck of the deer as he strode on. It was getting dark and chilly.

Torin gave a small nod and followed him all the way back to camp. It was quite a site to see him carrying the deer in his mouth. He was definitely a lot stronger than he looked.

Once they arrived, he went into the cabin and came back with a knife. His arm wasn't feeling too bad anymore and he wanted to get the meat taken care of before it spoiled. He also wanted to take care of the fur too. It would make a nice blanket to keep them warm once he tanned the hide.

He looked at Alphonsus still holding the deer in his mouth. It sure was a strange sight, but he would have to get used to it if the dragon chose to stick around. "You can drop it now. I can deal with the rest." He said as he held up the knife in his left hand. Truthfully he knew this was going to be difficult because he was actually right handed, but it still hurt to move his arm so he would have to deal with the awkwardness and move slowly so as not to make any wrong cuts.

Alphonsus seemed pretty content, and a bit proud of himself for catching their dinner. But of course it was simple for him, his instincts were more animal than human.

But seeing that Torin was trying to redeem himself by preparing the deer only made the dragon grimace softly as he stepped over to help guide the other's unsteady non dominant hand at cutting. He stood behind the male and was literally holding his hand, making the necessary cuts. Though he had never really prepared dinner this way, just using his teeth and claws to tear off the hide and hair to get to the meat and bones, though the blood was his favorite part. Highly nutritious, yet light weight in his stomach.

Torin felt quite embarrassed when Alphonsus took his hand, helping him to make each cut. He was standing so closely that he could feel his breath on the back of his neck. It was rather distracting and he felt useless for needing this much help, but he didn't push him away.

"I'm done cutting. You can let go now." he stated in a small voice. "Could you haul the intestines back out to the woods? Be careful not to rip them. It will stink really bad if you do." He gave the dragon this task, partly because he would have trouble doing it, but mostly because he wanted to be alone for a moment.

"While you're gone I'll start cooking supper, ok?" He said this, but he was planning to do more than just cooking.Even though he had been acting calm this whole time, he was worried about his arm.

When the fall happened he had heard a popping noise. He was sure that his shoulder had been dislocated and he didn't want Alphonsus there when he tried to put it back into place. It was just a dull pain now, but he knew it would be much more painful when he tried to fix it.

It was kind of confusing to the dragon why they would waste any part of their catch, even if it wasn't the best part, it was still food but he didn't want the other to be grossed out so he disposed of intestines, the whole walk out to the woods he was followed by a crowing crowd of crows attracted by the scent of flesh. He hissed up at the birds, before running back to the den. He didn't like the birds, they always seemed suspicious to him.

He returned to the cabin and curled up by the fire, only watching Torin out of the corner of his eye.

"Could I be any help?"

Before Alphonsus returned, Torin went inside. He bit down on a strap of cloth to muffle any sounds as he worked to pop his shoulder back into place. It was all he could do to keep from crying.

He had done nothing with the food like he said he would. Instead, he was curled up in a corner of the cabin as he waited for the pain to subside, his whole body trembling. He didn't look at the dragon nor did he respond to his question. In fact, he hadn't even noticed that the male had returned. All he did was sit there shaking as he tried to keep from making any pained noises.

"Torin...?"

Alphonsus sat up slowly, of course he had failed to notice anything was wrong when he first walked in because he was too lost in his own thoughts and the fantasy he had already created in his head of what dinner would be like.

Now there wasn't time for any of that and he wandered over to see what was the matter.

"Does it hurt?"

Torin froze when he noticed him speaking for the first time. He tried to put on a brace face for the other before turning to look at him. "I'm alright. You don't have to worry about me. You're looking for some supper right? I'll get to it right away so you just sit by the fire and relax."

Torin forced himself to stand, feeling the need to not look weak in front of the dragon. He walked to where the meat had been placed and began on supper, still only making use of his left hand.

He had a substantial sized bruise all along the right side of his body. Luckily his clothing did a good job of hiding it. If not it might have made the other male worry about him more.

• Saga locked this topic