Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

Jonah shifted in his sleep when he felt movement beside him but it stilled shortly after. Lying more comfortably against the body that was still there and quite comfortable. Medive ended up waking up first and looked down at the smaller figure both of them covered by a blanket. From the looks of things Sakura had gotten up already and had covered them up before going to do who knew what. At first he didn't move not wanting to disturb the other vampire but he soon decided he had to get up. Shifting out from underneath Jonah he laid the sleeping vampire back down on the couch covered up.

Leaving the living room it didn't take him long to track Sakura down, finding him sitting in the office he had claimed working on the papers in front of him causing a small amused smile to appear on his face. "You know... I think I could get used to walking into an office to see you sitting behind the desk then being stuck in mine." Medive mused as he leaned against the doorway arms crossing over his chest. It really was a pleasant sight finding that it really suited the other vampire.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

Lifting his eyes from the papers he saw Medive standing in the doorway and laugh at his comment.

"Guess the roles have been turned" he said remembering something about him joining him in his office in the other place where they lived but it was a very vaguely.

"But i thing there were other things happened that time" he said smiling leaning his head in his hand faking that he was trying to remember.

"Any busyness of that sort mister Medive?" he asked lifting an eyebrow smiling

"Such a cheeky little vampire." Medive purred at the words and look that Sakura was giving him. "I'm sure our business with each other right now is much more pleasant than most of those interactions though. I'm afraid we still weren't on good terms during many of those moments either. At least not in the beginning." Medive honestly told the other before he was pushing himself away from the doorway and moved further into the room.

This time he leaned his hip against the desk and glanced down at the papers that Sakura was clearly still working on. "I'm surprised you're up already. Not to mention up and already working." He added as his gaze moved from the papers to Sakura. "I definitely like the initative though." He admitted.

"Now, why don't I let you lead business and tell me those plans you had?" Medive asked before he moved to take one of the seats in front of the desk. It was odd to be in this sort of position while Sakura was sitting behind the desk but he did like the idea.

"I couldn't sleep anymore and i thought of arranging the papers for when i would talk to you" he said looking at the papers spread on the desk then when he lifted his eyes he saw Medive right on top of his desk. A small twitch in his stomach made him blush a little but he kept eye contact with the other.

"Is not much right now. I figured that if i change the name of the facility and register only one devision of the warehouse. The furniture confection stuff to the Comercial Department we can get the busyness running legal. And the rest can run in the background without anyone noticing anything" he said pointing at the papers giving him some of them to read.

"I already have the papers written it just needs your signature on" he said looking at Medive biting his lip nervously not knowing if that was something he wanted.

Medive listened interested to what Sakura had to tell him taking the papers he was handed. The idea was actually a really good one, one he had to admit he never would have come up with himself. Allowing Sakura to take control of this part of their business had seemed to be a good idea after all. Suddenly, Medive no longer worried about letting the other vampire handle things. Finding that their newest family member was far more capable of handling such matters than he had previously thought. Standing up he moved to stand by Sakura at the desk, taking a pen and signing where necessary to give the other the go ahead to move forward with his plans.

"Sounds like a good solid plan. Good job, Sakura." Medive praised the other as he handed him back the papers and put the pen back down on the desk. "You're quite the asset. It's nice to have another vampire I can wholeheartedly trust my businesses in." He was being honest. Wanting Sakura to know how much he really did appreciate the work he was doing even if he had just started. One thing Medive had learned over the centuries was how expressing his pride and happiness for his family members helped keep them happy and productive.

That wasn't the only reason why he was praising Sakura already though, he wanted the younger vampire to understand he really appreciated his work. Their relationship had started rocky when the other was human and it had started off rocky again with him as a vampire. Medive was hoping that being more open, more expressive towards the vampire and giving him more freedoms and liberties that Sakura would warm up to him more and they'd soon be back to normal. Before that whole falling out.

Sakura felt happy that the other liked the idea. It made him feel useful that he managed to do something with his human knowledge he gain in university. Those years did payed off.

As he got closer to sign the papers Sakuras heart raced a bit. Having him so close his mind worked against him, throwing flashes of the night they had sex together. All three of them and how the other felt fucking him.

He felt his mouth go dry and blush but look at the papers , folding them together to put them in an envelope.

"I'll take them later today to the financial department to make the registry. It will take a few days before we get the approval" he said leaving the envelope to the side. His body shatter a little, and he shift a little on his chair.

"Uhm ... should we get something to eat?" he asked looking at the other trying to hide what he was feeling.

"Sounds good." Medive said with a bright smile. He was glad that Sakura was so up for doing this and helping out since it'd make his workload a whole lot easier. Especially since Jonah would be busy for awhile with Micheal. Not that he was going to tell Sakura that, he remembered how the other vampire had responded to Micheal and didn't want him getting in the way.

Being asked if they should get something to eat drew him from his thoughts and he could see the remains of a soft blush slowly vanishing from the other's face. It made him wonder what Sakura had been thinking of. Despite that the thought of them getting something to eat together sounded nice, since it really hand't happened since the other became a vampire.

"I think us getting something to eat is a great idea." Medive told him with a smile. Motioning for Sakura to join him he lead him towards the kitchen past the living room where Jonah was still fast asleep on the couch. Though now the small vampire was curled up against the back of the couch in a little ball, which made Medive thing he was quite adorable. Shaking that thought from his mind he turned to Sakura once they were in the kitchen. "Did you want to find something to eat here? Or would you like to go out and get something?" He asked.

Smiling he fallowed the other to the kitchen passing the living room where Jonah was still asleep, curled under the blanket. He was cute when he was sleeping. Not that he wasn't cute when he was awake too.

Stopping from reatching the fridge to get some blood he looked at Medive with a curious look.

"Go out? I ... I never drank blood from anywhere besides bags and ... you guys" he said blushing again knowing to damn well when he drank from them. That was happening only during sex when that sensation was only making it more pleasurable. He gulp.

"I don't know how to hunt or anything" he let his hand fall. But he wanted to try it. The had been training him indoors and never outside. He has been around humans and never felt the urge or their blood.

"Yes." Medive confirmed when Sakura repeated his words. "I think you're ready for a real hunt. Blood bags are fine and all but vampires still need to drink fresh blood." He honestly told Sakura. It felt like as good a time as any to finally take Sakura out for a real hunt. The vampire had been doing so well in practice and was clearly able to control himself. There was absolutely no reason not to take him out and finally let him be the vampire he was.

A smile appeared on his face when the other didn't end up objecting. Closing the space between them he leaned down and kissed the smaller vampire's forehead before he was taking his hand and leading him out of the mansion. "Come on. Let's get you out there." He encouraged. Sakura was more than ready in his eyes, and he'd be there with him in the event that something went wrong. Though he highly doubted anything would.

He blinked a few times in surprise that the other thought he was ready for a real hunt.

real blood ... actually drinking from a human?? But ... how could i hurt a human??

He didn't got time to say anything cause the other took his silence as an acceptance and after kissing his forehead he took his hand and drag him out of the mansion.

With their vampire speed they were in a second out in the open, at fresh air looking for their next prey. His heart was racing only by the thought of it. He was nervous. He read so many things about vampires that drank blood from a human in comparison with the blood bags , they could get go wild.

"Medive ... i don't think i can do this ... I'm afraid" he said gripping his hand in his.

Once they were out in the open and at the place he chose for them to hunt Sakura was expressing that he didn't think he could do this. Telling him he was scared and gripping his hand tightly. It made him feel a bit bad but he gave the smaller vampire an encouraging smile. "Sakura, I've never seen a newborn more ready than you are. From the very start you weren't like the others, you've always had such control." Medive said as he reached out with his other hand brushing some hair away from the other's face.

"Trust yourself. Trust me. I've raised countless newborn vampires. You couldn't be in better hands for your first hunt." He said softly trying to lull Sakura into a sense of security and make him feel safe. He'd be there for the other vampire, making sure this hunt went smoothly and reminding him of his lessons when it was necessary. But if he had learned anything from the centuries he had turned and then trained his own family it was that Sakura was more than ready for this.

Taking a few breaths he decided to trust the other and his intuition. He was partly right. He was different than normal new born vampires. He was unpredictable but having Medive with him gave him confidence. He wasn't alone.

"Alright. What do we do? W-Who do we ...use?" he asked looking around trying to find a target but he just couldn't think about drinking from a human. He could only drink from them both.

"I can't make that choice for you. Trust your instincts, deep breath and test the scents in the air until you get one that draws you in. That's your target." Medive told Sakura, patting the other vampire's arm gently. "Just remember, you aren't hurting them. The initial bite stings but after that they'll be fine and they'll be unconscious when you leave them. Honestly... they probably won't remember any of this." Medive told Sakura. Since he was sure that the other didn't have it in him to kill the human he was drinking from he thought he'd be honest. A vampire could feed from someone and leave them after to recover.

He had done it with Sakura, Akita had done it with Alex. It was possible. If his little vampire didn't want to kill he wouldn't force it. But he was going to do whatever he could to encourage him to hunt like an actual vampire and not keep strictly to blood bags, or them for that matter. Sure they could sustain each other but that was only because the blood they drank made it so their blood was capable of sustaining Sakura. If they tried living off just vampire blood it wouldn't work out that well. They'd get pretty sick. Blood bags were a great substitute for the real thing when one wasn't able to hunt or was too busy for a hunt. But even then it was just that, a substitute. It wasn't meant to be the only source of blood a vampire received.

"You go first. I'll be right beside you the whole time." Medive encouraged. Giving him another encouraging smile before he let his hand go back to his side so that Sakura could focus on the task at hand. He knew that the other vampire was ready, and he wanted Sakura to prove that to himself by doing this hunt.

Taking a deep breath Sakura closed his eyes leaving all his senses to high up and search. For what he was searching he couldn't tell. A prey. A prey that could be used as his meal for that moment. Blood. he could hear hearts pumping in their bodies but non of them rang a bell or interest to him. Until one made the click.

Opening his eyes he tried to focus from the distance where that smell came from. A few miles away there was a girl that had cut her fingers in a paper from a book and the smell of blood just rashed to him, hitting his thirst hard. Watering his lips his fangs were already out and his eyes turned red.

Without thinking he ran till he reached the girl. She was sitting on a bench and was reading further. He got close to her from behind and smell once again the scent of her blood. It was delicious and watered his mouth. Catching her hand he bend over and whispered seductively: "Please don't be afraid...i wont hurt you... i want just to taste you and then you'll be free". It was like a song, a hypnosis cause the girl only nodded, breathing a little faster.

He sniffed her neck, licking it gently and then he sank his teeth deep in the flesh leaving out the sweet blood. He moaned softly at the taste that flowed in his entire organism making him feel more alive than ever. Drinking from direct source it was really better then a blood bag. It was sweeter, more vitalized, amazing.

He was almost to lose control when a growled escape his mouth which made him open his eyes and stepped away from her breathing hard, wiping the blood from his mouth. The girl was still alive, half asleep.

"Is she ok?" he asked covering his bloody mouth as he spoke to Medive, fearing that he hurt her and drank to much.

Medive watched over Sakura as he was testing the scents to find what sang to his hunter side. When it happened the other vampire was on the move in and blink of an eye and Medive was quick to follow after him. They ended up at a park near a bench where a girl was sitting reading a book, it was this girl that he noticed Sakura approaching from behind so he moved to follow. Keeping a few feet behind him so that Sakura could handle the hunt on his own. He was there for support and to stop him if it was needed, not to do anything else.

It was perfect really, how Sakura kept her calm before leaning in and letting his teeth sink into her skin. At this point Medive moved up to stand beside him, listening to the beat of the human's heart while Sakura was feeding. Suddenly a growl escaped the other and he was pulling away from her wiping the blood from his mouth his eyes wide. "She's perfectly fine. You let go at the perfect time." Medive replied leaning down to the girl and running his tongue over the bite watching the small holes that Sakura's fangs had left seal themselves before he was turning to face the other vampire.

"You did perfectly. You should be very proud." Medive said cupping the other's cheek and bending down for a quick kiss after pulling the other's hand away from his mouth. "Not a bad taste in humans either." He purred tasting the blood on the other's lips. Now it was his turn to hunt though.

Medive being the predator he was for as long as he has been didn't need to close his eyes and focus he had been sifting through scents since they had arrived. So he was heading off quick towards the person of his choice. He made a mental note in the back of his head to leave his meal alive as well since he had Sakura with him it wouldn't be nice of him to kill around the other.

It took two beats of his prey's heart for him to catch up to the man. Unlike Sakura he had no interest in keeping the prey calm or explaining what was happening. Reaching out a hand closed over the prey's mouth the other arm wrapped around his waist and he pulled him deep into a nearby alleyway his fangs already sinking into his neck in the same second it took to grab him.

It was with trained ears that he listened to the man's heart slowing and just before the beat would become irregular and struggle to replenish what he was taking he pulled away. Running his tongue over the bite to close it and setting his meal against the alley wall. "Much better." Medive said happily with a smile. "Nothing beats a meal straight from the source."

Sakura closed his eyes and sigh in relief hearing Medive that the girl was alright. He opened his eyes when he was kissed but didn't pushed away. He just blushed at the simple gesture made by him. He looked at the girl who seemed to be sleepy and then turned to Medive who was already started to run to his prey.

He fallowed him closely until they reach the man. Medive was more brutal style than him. He kind of forgotten how Medive was towards humans. He didn't cared much. He just took it and that was it. But there was something excited in the way he had taken the blood from the human, making him licking his lips, not able to take his eyes away.

"Apparently no ... " he said smiling, pointing a straw of blood down his chin smiling.

The whole time he was drinking from his meal he noticed how he had Sakura's gaze, how the vampire licked his lips and it made him chuckle. Medive couldn't be happier that the young vampire was warming up to him again to look at him in such a manner but he was waiting for just the right moment. As fun and great as it would be to just jump into such matters, especially with Sakura, he wanted to see how long her could keep the other wanting before he became needy. After how the vampire had gone from not wanting him around to actually wanting him for sex he had to try to remind Sakura who he really belonged to. One way of doing that was to do anything he could to bring the other's mind to him and how his body felt because of him. Through hunting, through talking and even through simple matters like being close to the other figure.

"Wanna clean it for me?" Medive teasingly asked the other vampire when Sakura pointed out there there was a line of blood down his chin. His tongue poked out a little to signal he'd clean it up himself but he wouldn't mind the other vampire doing it for him either. Anything to bring that little body close to his and see if Sakura was showing how much he wanted him enough yet. Reaching out he let his fingers run teasingly along the other's jaw and down his neck. "Are you still hungry? We can stay out and hunt until you're full." Though he meant it he still had every intention of filling him up another way.

It made Medive wonder if Sakura was as focused and aware of him though because he truly wanted him or because Jonah was out cold. The vampire would probably sleep most of the day after what took place with Micheal. It wasn't uncommon for Jonah to come and sleep it off the first day before he fell full swing back into his chores and duties. The last thing Medive wanted to be was a second choice, even if it was Sakura's. He wanted to remind the other vampire that he belonged to him, despite Jonah being the one who had changed him. Intending to remind the other vampire by simple touches and gestures.

Shaking thoughts from his mind he focused back on the cute vampire and gave him another smile. "You know... you're really cute when you hunt." He mused. Eyes moving over the other's body. Figuring he had ignored the other's advances so far and thus should make a few of his own to let Sakura know he had noticed and was interested. Still, he was going to take his time and wait for just the right moment. Wait until he saw just the right amount of longing for him. He had given in to the other vampire so easily before, and even when he was human. Having Sakura work for it a bit was fun and long overdue.

He blinked a few times at his request not sure that he understood him correctly. But seeing the look on his face and how the other was behaving he understood that that was no joke and he meant it. Frowning a little, he got closer to him and licked the blood line off his chin, tasking the blood of the guy. He didn't like it as much as the other. Guess even hunting has its own perks.

"Not as tasty as my prey" he said laughing but then stop realizing that he was comparing the blood of some humans, a species that he once was. What was going wrong with him? Ever since he became a vampire he had some weird things going on inside of his mind and self in regards of humans. It was like he couldn't emphasize with them like before. Even with his human, even if he tried to calm her and not freak her up, at the end he did wanted to became a monster and rip her off her blood.

Shaking his head he replied. "I'm all good. Guess i had enough fresh human blood for one day" he said smiling, being thankful that he took him with him hunting after such long time. Apparently it wasn't as difficult as he thought. Although there was a different tactics between him and Medive. wonder how Jonah hunts

At the last comment of the other he blushed. He felt a little strange to get compliments from him, since at the beginning he didn't liked the guy, but shortly started to like him. What was more strange was how his body was reacting towards him. And that scared him. He knew they had a past but he just didn't know what to do now. He was different. He wasn't the same Sakura as before. But he could feel that there was still something left of his old self in there.

"Thanks ... i got a good teacher" he added smiling not knowing for sure if that was a flirt or a normal answer.

"We should head home. I still need to do the paperwork" he added looking at the clock.

Medive laughed when Sakura said it didn't taste as good as his prey. "We definitely have very different tastes in food." He agreed with a smile. Having tasted a bit of the girl himself he knew that there was quite a difference, not and overwhelming one though. Still, that was to be expected considering they were two different vampires who also had two very different personalities and views.

Being told that he was good Medive nodded trying to decide if he was. Though he could definitely take another meal he knew that he should probably leave it at this for today. Not wanting to push too much while he was hunting with Sakura for the first time. Suddenly his eyes caught something that pulled him from his thoughts, there was the most gorgeous blush on the other vampire's face causing him to purr happily in response.

Eyes seeming to ignite in desire as he watched the cute vampire seem to try to figure out what to say before he was saying that he had a good teacher. Though he wanted to think that was meant for him there was a small jealous part that tried saying that Sakura really meant Jonah. Which wasn't a pleasing idea at all. Those jealous thoughts were interrupted by Sakura saying that they should head home that he still needed to do paperwork.

"Aw! Come on. You've been acting all cute all day and now you want to go back home and work?" Mediver replied with a slight pout on his face. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you like teasing me only to crush my little heart when I start teasing back." He complained. Medive wasn't ready to head home yet, in fact, he really wanted to just admire that cute vampire and have some fun with him. Sakura had been giving his signs all day, and now that he was returning them Sakura was telling him he'd rather go home and do paperwork.

"You've worked hard enough." Medive added moving over and pressing his lips to the other vampire's in a deep loving kiss. His arms wrapping around the other's waist as he pulled him in close pressing their bodies together. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you just enjoy playing hard to get." He purred in the other's ear pressing his lips to the other's neck.

"No...That's not it... i just want to finish with that thing and ..." but he stopped middle sentence when the other mentioned about his teasing and how he was feeling when he was teasing back and he wanted to run away. Well, he wasn't wrong. Not entirely. Yes, he was teasing and yes, he wanted to run away. But there was a feeling in his guts that just didn't leave him be when it came to the vampire.

Blushing averting his gaze he remain silence not knowing what he could say. He was discovered that he was teasing but it was something that he just couldn't control and was making him question himself. Body and brain, both were working against him when in came to him.

He was surprised by the kiss but he didn't pushed him away but left the other take control of it, groaning softly into it. He was holding his arms when the other spoke only to make him blush even harder. why is he affecting me so much, he thought looking him in the eye trying to understand just how much connected they were in the past.

"N-No ... I'm not doing that" he tried to sound as normal as possible but his high pitch voice didn't helped.

"You are immortal, Sakura. There will be more than enough time for you to focus on paperwork another time." Medive replied with a frown. He didn't understand why Sakura changed his behavior so much, why he would tease him and make it clear what he wanted but the moment he started showing the vampire he was interested and willing Sakura pulled away from him again. "But you are." Medive growled in the other's ear when the other tried arguing that he wasn't playing hard to get. "That or you enjoy tormenting me." He added his eyes becoming hard.

Suddenly he was feeling more determined that he at least get something from Sakura. So he pushed the other vampire up against the wall nearby and leaned in to kiss him again before he moved to press his lips to the other's neck. "You're body is a lot more honest than your words." He murmured against Sakura's neck. "Be honest with me, little vampire. Do you not feel anything for me anymore? Am I just something you want to tease and walk away from? Over and over again?" Medive asked Sakura honestly.

Medive was determined he get to the bottom of this. Either Sakura wanted him or he didn't. The last thing he wanted to do was chase after the other vampire for centuries and end up empty handed in the end. "I have no problem being teased and teasing back as long as I know I'm not chasing after something I'll never catch." He added letting Sakura know he'd let him off the hook and let him keep running around being the tease that he is as long as he was going to eventually give in.

"I don't want to torment you... why would you say that.." but the other pushed him on the wall nearby making him grown a little in pain but what came after made everything go away. The kiss melted his heart and whole body, making him shatter gripping the others shirt. If only from a kiss he could get like that then how would he react at something more. Images of them two appeared in his mind way before his transformation.

He was thankful that the kiss broke so that he could breath again but the kiss on his neck made his body shatter again getting aroused. He was right. His body knew so much more than he did at that moment and he hated that. Could it be that he really loved the vampire? But with the change everything had change? But he did loved Jonah too. Could it be that the human self loved both of them?

"No ... you're not" he mumbled biting his lips feeling not in control of his body's reactions anymore. It was like it had a mind of its own. "You're not chasing empty pots " he said looking at him taking a deep breath being flustered, losing his hand in the others hair. Without thinking he pulled his hair taking his ahead aback he pressed his lisps against him in a more heated kiss moaning into it.

"Because ever since you became a vampire that's what you've been doing. I get you were mad at me when you were changed and you had every right to be... but I hadn't done that to hurt you. Ever since Jonah changed you it's been like the love we had never existed." Medive replied honestly. They had to come to a conclusion and figure out if Sakura could ever love him again. If what they had was truly gone or if he still had a chance to get Sakura back and make the other his little vampire just as he had once been his little human.

"It had been just the three of us... things were so perfect. I love how close you and Jonah are but... I miss my little human." Medive purred against the other's neck. Even though Sakura was getting flustered he could feel the way his body was responding to him. Feel the arousal in that body that still seemed to know it belonged to him. At least he had that going for him, it was better than nothing at all. "I'd love it if my little human became my little vampire too." He added pressing another kiss to Sakura's neck since the vampire seemed to be responding so well to that.

Sakura telling him that he wasn't chasing empty pots actually made him quite happy. So he did still stand a chance! That was what he wanted to hear, wanting to do anything and everything he could to get the cute vampire. He felt the hand in his hair but was surprised when his head was pulled back half expecting Sakura to tell him that he still wanted to go home. Instead he was caught in a heated kiss that the other vampire moaned into. Medive felt himself melting in the kiss as he pressed them more firmly together, pinning Sakura to the wall as he kissed him back hungrily.

His own body started to respond to that aroused body beneath him, wanting more of him. "Mine." He growled against the other's lips when he broke the kiss to allow Sakura to breath and to take in some air himself. Being an older vampire he was able to hold his breath longer but Sakura was still learning. "Can I take my sexy little vampire? Or do you still want to do paperwork?" Medive breathed in the other's ear. He was eager and wanted to take Sakura but if the vampire was determined that he do paperwork he'd stop and they could go home so he could do so. Even if his hands were wandering down that body and grabbing the other's ass firmly.

The kiss was intense for him too, making his body melt under the other touch. Hearing all what the vampire said before he kissed him made his heart shatter and his stomach twitch. Deep down he wanted to have all that again. To be with them both. To be with him. Maybe it was selfish to have them both, but his body and the other said that they once were a trio and it was ok. That thought made him moaned again in the kiss as he felt the other's body press against him making him want more. More of his touch, more of his kisses. It was like he had craving all this time for him and just now those feelings were awakening.

When he got a break from the kiss and heard the others question he bite his lips, craving for that. He wanted to be his. He wanted to cool his head but the way the other vampire was touching his body didn't helped. It only made him more needy.

"Paperwork can wait" he gasped for air but looked a little worried around them. They were still outside where people could see them. "But we're out...we can be seen" he said arching his back feeling the tickling on his neck and the growled sound the other purred in his ear. In other words he wanted to become his again but not out in the open.

"If you're quiet no one will notice." Medive said against Sakura's neck really wanting to take the vampire right here right now. He didn't care if someone may see, they were still in the alley, the chances of anyone seeing them were slim. Though he could understand Sakura's concern in a sense he was too eager to finally claim that body as his again to pay it much mind. Especially since Jonah wasn't here, allowing him to truly claim the other vampire. It was so obvious that Sakura's body wanted him and to have won over his mind too made him quite eager.

Touching and feeling that body beneath him, causing it to react more strongly towards his touches he hummed and purred his appreciation. The vampire was arching against him and pressing into him making Medive all the more eager. He was already slipping a hand into the other's pants and pressing a finger against his hole. Leaning back in to kiss and lick at that delightful neck that he was going to mark.