Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

"Oh it is! It's much more fun." Jonah replied with an amused look as he was getting comfortable in his seat again. No sooner was he getting settled down in his seat than Sakura was asking if they were there yet while looking out the window causing him to laugh. "No, not yet." He mused with a smile. They were in the car for another thirty minutes before Medive was pulling off the main road and onto a road that looked as though it didn't even exist. He drove the car far enough for it to vanish from sight of the main road but not far enough that it'd get stuck.

At this point Medive was turning off the car and turning to the other two vampires. "Ready to get hiking? We should be to the campsite in the next ten minutes." He told them though Jonah was eagerly already getting out of the car by the time he had finished talking making him laugh and roll his eyes. Following after the other vampire he was slipping out of the car, locking the vehicle up once Sakura had joined them. Then he was heading to the trunk opening it up for them to get their things. After ensuring once more that everyone had everything he closed the trunk and turned to lead the way deep into the woods.

They hiked at a quicker vampire pace for the next ten minutes or so before stopping at a lovely clearing deep in the mountains. It was quiet, aside from the birds chirping in the trees around them and the sound of a mountain stream nearby. It was the perfect place for them to set up cam for the next day or two.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

For those 30 min Sakura had layed on the backseat trying not to dose off in a sleep since he was getting bored but it was all gone when he saw the surroundings changing and jump back up to look around. Keeping his eyes on the road he was happy to be finally out of the car, breathing in the fresh air. "This is nice" he said getting out of the car walking next to the others.

As he fallowed he was just enjoying the silent walk. That way he could be mesmerized by the road to where they were supposed to be. As they reached the top he saw the place.

"Wow ... this place is beautiful" his eyes widened as he was admiring the place. "This is amazing!" he was like a child that was out for the first time.

"It's one of our favorite places to camp out." Jonah replied when Sakura said the place was beautiful adding later that it was amazing. Jonah and Medive both loved how wide the other's eyes seemed to be as he was looking around the area acting similar to a child who had never been out in the woods and mountains before. Which apparently Sakura really hadn't been.

"Why don't you two go explore a little and I'll set up camp?" Medive offered the two as he was already unpacking the tent and starting on set up. Jonah was thrilled by the idea since he always let Medive make camp. After setting his things down and placing Sakura's bag with the rest of the stuff he grabbed the other vampire's hand and dragged him along out of the clearing and out into the woods.

"One good thing about being part of the family is you'll definitely have more trips like this with us." Jonah told Sakura as they walked through the woods hand in hand since he was still sort of leading the way even if he wasn't pulling him along anymore.

"Sure, we can go gater some wood and make a bonfire" he said excited going after Jonah loving the peace and fresh air that place was giving.

"I would love to keep doing this kind of trips with you guys" he said taking his hand in his walking closer to him.

"Now that you're a vampire and past the beginning newborn stage we'll be able to do things like this more." Jonah told the other with a smile glad to have Sakura there as well. Not that spending time with Medive wasn't fun, he always loved these trips with the older vampire. It was just nice that now they'd be able to share these trips with Sakura, who he knew Medive never would have taken if he was human. While they walked he picked up perfect pieces of wood for the fire and talked and joked with Sakura as they went.

It wasn't until they both had a good amount of wood in their arms that he decided it was time for them to head back to camp. "There are a lot of things we can do now that you're a vampire too. Things Medive wouldn't have felt safe enough doing with you while you were human." Jonah added as they walked. "Camping is just one of those things. But we can travel the world now to some of his other homes, or to see places we've always wanted to go to." The other was tossing out there. Looking to Sakura he gave the other a curious glance, "Is there anywhere you've always wanted to see?" He asked.

On their way back to camp he heard the other talking about the fact that the other wouldn't had took him on this kind of trips if he was still human.

"Why? I mean ... I had you two to protect me if something was wrong" he said narrowing his eyes. He knew that as a human he was in more danger and so on but that wasn't a reason to keep him close in the house.

"In that case I'm more happy that I'm a vampire now" he said placing the wood on the floor. Stretching his muscles.

"It's harder to protect and watch you out here. We're more likely to encounter other vampires and usually those you'd encounter wandering through such areas aren't... friendly." Jonah explained to Sakura not wanting the other vampire to think that Medive had just wanted to keep him locked up because he was human. "You being the jewel would have made you a beacon for such visitors and thus troubles." He added honestly wanting to let him know that while this trip seemed like fun and games that could change in an instant. Just because they were here as a sort of vacation didn't mean anything really.

Setting the wood down himself in a piled he noticed that Medive had just about finished setting the camp up. The tent was placed, a nice sized pit was dug out and lined with rocks for the fire, and any rubble had been moved leaving a nice clear area for their camp. Kneeling down he started to set the wood up to make them a nice fire, not that it was necessarily needed but it was still nice to enjoy all the same.

"Yeah .. i figured that much" he responded to his explanation about the danger he could have been as human. Well, he was lucky that he was now a vampire.

"So, should we set up a fire? Or can what should we do?" he was curious on what other activities besides the hunting part they could do. It was an interesting experience that he wanted to enjoy and also a good opportunity to make memories with the guys.

"Yup! You can help me set the fire up." Jonah replied with a smile as he was kneeling down beside the pit that Medive had already dug for the fire. "We shouldn't make it too big. Don't want to attract attention, but a decent sized fire should be good." He added as he grabbed a few pieces of wood to start setting up for their fire.

Medive on the other hand was leaning back against a tree nearby with his eyes shut, legs crossed and arms folded behind his head. Feeling rather peaceful and letting the other two finish things up. All of their stuff had been put inside the tent, including sleeping bags and their backpacks.

Sakura nodded started to arrange the wood in the pit that the other vampire had made for him happy to make a fire. It was too bad that they could still not do a big one like the ones he saw in the movies, but a small one was good too. As long as there was a fire. He looked at Medive and spoke:

"Does he always rest like this?" he looked back at what he was doing placing each stick after another, making a small piramid. "This should do" he set the other sticks aback waiting for Jonahs next move.

Jonah followed Sakura's gaze when he was asked if Medive always rested like that looking at how the older vampire was relaxed against a tree. "No. Normally he's sitting in the tree." Jonah admitted with a small shrug before he was turning back to see that Sakura had finished making a good structure for the fire and was moving the other pieces of wood back. Getting up Jonah grabbed some dry leaves and moss that'd make great kindling before pulling out a match box. Lighting a match he put it in the kindling getting the fire started as it smoked and a small flame appeared. Then he was carefully placing the bundle under the wood. Blowing on it gently again to encourage the flame to grow which it did.

The fire burning and camp set up Jonah sat back to admire their work with a smile. After a moment he turned back to Sakura, "Want to try that vampire hide and seek now? We can hide and leave Medive to seek. He's an amazing seeker though so it can be a bit hard to stay hidden." Jonah offered wondering if the other vampire was up for it. "Or you and I can head out and explore, see what we find while he just sits there like a log."

His eyes were sparkling at the mere view of the fire. It was so amazing that he was able to see it up closed that he couldn't hide his smile. It was like a dream everything and he still couldn't believe that he hand helped to make a camp fire.

Looking at him and after at Medive he smiled.

"He does look funny" he said laughing amused by the other's view. He was looking like a munk meditating.

"I think a little time together would be better" he said taking his hand wanting ot be near him.

- - - Updated - - -

His eyes were sparkling at the mere view of the fire. It was so amazing that he was able to see it up closed that he couldn't hide his smile. It was like a dream everything and he still couldn't believe that he hand helped to make a camp fire.

Looking at him and after at Medive he smiled.

"He does look funny" he said laughing amused by the other's view. He was looking like a munk meditating.

"I think a little time together would be better" he said taking his hand wanting ot be near him.

It didn't surprise Jonah that Sakura would rather they spend time together right now. The young vampire taking his hand had Jonah nodding and slowly getting to his feet. His hand tightening around the other's as he lead the way back into the woods for them to wander around and explore together. As they were walking around enjoying the countryside he was happily and gently swinging their hands back and forth.

"I'm sorry I slept so late this morning." Jonah suddenly said giving Sakura a small apologetic smile. He felt a bit bad that he had slept through what was probably more than half the day. Not having expected to sleep that long. "At least we have plenty of time to hang out now." Jonah added with a soft laugh.

"You dont have to be sorry. You were tired so it's fine. Plus over finished the paper and the Medive took me to hunt" he shrugged looking at him.

"I wasn't alone so it's all good" he smiled to him liking the fact that he was so happy swinging their hands together.

"Should we try to hunt together? I would like to see you in action"

A small smile appeared on Jonah's face when Sakura told him that he didn't have to be sorry, that he was tired so it was fine. That didn't mean he hadn't felt bad for sleeping as long as he had, especially because he had never done so before. Not while Sakura had been with them. Being told that Sakura had finished the paperwork and then Medive had taken him hunting did still make him feel a bit better knowing the other hadn't been alone while he was sleeping. Not completely better, but a bit at least.

Amusement replaced the small smile as he was asked if they should hunt together before being told that Sakura wanted to see him in action. "I'm not very interesting." Jonah replied with a laugh. At the same time he could definitely use some fresh blood, he was still a bit sore and blood from the source would make him feel a hundred times better. "Sure. We can try a hunt together, I could use some fresh blood." He admitted leaning over to kiss the other vampire before he was pulling away and listening to the sounds around them.

Jonah's trained hearing easily picked through all the beating hearts within hearing range trying to find one that could be human. He could hear the beating of different animals but he had never liked the taste of animal blood and refused to settle for it now. It took him awhile to find a human heartbeat but he could tell from how it was beating that it's owner had been hiking in the mountains for awhile. Taking in a deep breath he was able to hone in on the human's scent to see if it was even an appealing meal. It didn't smell the most appealing but out here he'd have to settle. After a brief moment of consideration he took off in that direction still hand in hand with Sakura to bring the other along.

They had travelled a few miles in just a few minutes before they came upon the person he had caught wind of from their own hike. It was a loan woman, she seemed rather young, early twenties so around their own phyiscal age. She was alone which made the situation perfect as well. At this point he released Sakura's hand to decide how would go about this. Jonah knew how he'd go about it normally and since Sakura said he wanted to see him in action he figured he might as well show him how he normally went about matters.

Turning to the other vampire he held a finger up for him to remain quiet and not ask any questions. After that Jonah moved a little ways away to dirty up his clothes a little and make it seem like he had been wandering aimlessly around the woods for quite some time. Including ruffling up his hair a little. His preferred way of getting humans to come close to him and trust him was to trick them into thinking he needed their help. It was easy to do and people always fell for it when it came to him. Which made him absolutely positive that this woman would also fall for it.

After making sure he looked the part he put on the display, appearing to rather clumsily fall out of the woods and onto the path she was travelling a few feet in front of her. Instantly he started acting as though he was lost and sure enough the woman fell for it. When Jonah asked if she'd help him find his way back she was more than eager to do so. It only took a few moments before she stood right in front of him and as she reached to grab a bottle of water that she was going to offer to him he took the chance to smoothly lean forward and let his fangs sink into her neck. There was no struggled, no complaint and the whole thing was over in a matter of minutes.

Jonah leaned her against a nearby tree and instantly started to straighten his hair once more and brush off some dirt though he'd definitely have to change his clothes when they returned to camp. There had been a reason he had packed more than one change of clothes after all. "You hungry? We could find you someone too. But you can't be picky, that's all." Jonah offered Sakura.

Sakura was mesmerized at how quickly he found his prey in this place. He didn't mind being dragged by the other at vampire speed. He kind of got used to it so it wasn't any problem whatsoever. Stopping to look around he tried to see the human that Jonah tracked down and saw it in a small distance. It was a woman. His eyes were on Jonah when he started to change his outfit to someone who was wondering the woods for days. A hopeless lost man. Who could resist that. He would had helped him too.

Fallowing him with his gaze and how he interacted with the girl made him feel sorry for the girl. He realized just how schemed vampire, including him, were to get what they needed from people. Walking to him as he leaned her to the tree he wanted to make sure she was still unharmed.

"She is still alive right?" he asked looking at her body wanting to see that she was still breathing and was alive, just asleep at the moment. He thought that a vampire can feed from a human without killing it, as he saw the others before. There was no need from them to kill their prey.

"Of course. Medive and I promised not to kill when hunting with you." Jonah replied when he was asked if she was still alive giving the other vampire a small smile. "It's different than what I'm used to and takes some control I haven't used in a long time but she'll be fine in an hour or two and be able to go on her way. She won't even remember this encounter." Jonah added as he was still brushing himself off not liking how dirty he was even if it was great to get his meals to come closer.

After he had gotten to brush off as much dirt as he could he turned his gaze and attention fully to the younger vampire. "It takes some practice with hearing and scents to be able to hunt so efficently out here." He let Sakura know. "So don't feel discouraged if the first few times you try you fail or find it difficult. Especially since we're quite a ways out here it's not easy to find someone and often times you won't." Jonah knew and would admit that he had just gotten lucky.

He was happy to take the other's hand in his again and leaned up over to kiss the other man. It had been too long -in his opinion- since they had last kissed. Enjoying it before he turned to lead them away from the woman and back into the wilderness. "Did you want to try to hunt? Or would you like to just keep walking and see where we end up?"

Kissing him back he smiled, loving the attention the other was giving him. He loved being kissed by the other's soft lips so he wasn't going to complain ever. Fallowing him back in the wildness he looked around and then up at him when he was asked about the hunt.

"Not sure anymore... Since you said it is difficult to find something around here we should head back to camp. We left Medive too long alone" he said kissing the back of his hand smiling.

"Practice makes perfect." Jonah mused when Sakura told him that since he had said it is difficult to find something around here that they should head back to camp. "Tell you what. If we go hunting tomorrow I'll hunt for us both. We'll share. Still won't kill of course, I'll take half of what we can from them and you take the other." Jonah offered with a smile. He was willing to hunt for them both if Sakura would let him do so or wanted to go on another hunt even if it may not necessarily be necessary.

Still Jonah didn't argue about them going back to camp and back to Medive. His smile only seemed to grow when Sakura kissed the back of his hand and with that he was more than happy to head back to camp. This time though he told Sakura he wanted him to lead the way. Wanting the younger vampire to use his tracking skills to navigate the woods and find their way back. This camping trip was about them having fun together and a vacation but it was necessary for Sakura to exercise his vampire abilities at the same time.

"I'll agree on that" he smiled at his offer for the hunt on the next day. Sharing was caring and he knew that Jonah was caring for him a lot. Stopping on his walk when Jonah told him about the road back to camp and that he was going to lead the way made him nervous. He couldn't remember the exact way as everything around them seemed the same. Looking around he tried to focus but he was thinking to hard on how to get back to camp to even manage to do something.

"I can't " he said discouraged looking around and back at him. He tried to hear something in the distance or even try to track Medive's scent but the fresh air of the trees was getting in the way, mixing everything and the wind was throwing all from side to side, confusing him even more.

"It's useless ... i cannot get anything ... " he added sighing.

"Don't give up." Jonah encouraged Sakura when the other vampire said he couldn't only to add a few moments later that it's useless. He didn't want Sakura to give up so easily, especially on a skill that was important and would prove useful in his vampiric life. So he stepped closer to him, wrapping his arms around the other's waist and giving him another kiss to get him to focus on him instead of anything else. "You can do it." He encouraged again. "Take a deep breath and try to focus on me or Medive. You can follow our scents back the same way we came."

He'd always do his best to encourage Sakura to try again and not give up. "You're a smart and talented vampire. You just need to focus." Jonah added as he took a step back releasing Sakura to let him try again. Jonah understood that it could be difficult sometimes, especially in the beginning. But he knew that Sakura could pull it off if he just focused and took his time. "There is no rush, so don't feel like you have to hurry. Better yet, don't think at all. This is about instinct."

Sakura took a deep breath after the kiss feeling that the other had to much faith in him. He was still new at this vampiric things and could take him time to do them.

"You think to high about me" he though taking a deep breath , closing his eyes and sigh. He tried to track the scent of the other. He got a glimpse if the scent being like a line of smoke in the air going from Jonah and going in the woods.

"I ... think I get something" he said starting to walk guided by the scent that he found. He kept his eyes close trying to keep the focus on high range but stopping at some point not sending the scent anymore.

"I've lost it..." he said opening his eyes turning to look at Jonah not checking his surroundings. "I told you... I can't " he said sighing.

Jonah watched the other vampire intently as the man seemed to try again. For a moment he was doing just fine, following their trail back. But when they hit a certain point it seemed he couldn't find or track the scent any longer and quite quickly got discouraged upon loosing the trail. "Hey." Jonah said softly cupping the other's cheek and giving him a loving look, "It's okay. You did really good for your first tracking experience." He let the other know before he was taking the vampire's hand and leading the rest of the way back to camp.

When they arrived Medive was no longer resting under the tree instead he was waiting by the fire arms crossed over his chest and a small frown on his face. "You guys travelled pretty far. Everything... okay?" It was clear he wasn't upset and was more concerned about them. He had been tracking them the entire time and had noticed their trail seem to deviate on their way back wondering if something had happened.

"We're perfect! Just letting Sakura try his skill at tracking." Jonah replied aware of what had concerned the other vampire. Medive is one of the best trackers I know. He must of been keeping tabs on us the entire time we were gone. Jonah told Sakura through their bond. Don't take it personally. He was probably just concerned when we travelled so far away without him. He added not wanting Sakura to get upset that Medive had been keeping tabs on them. The older vampire always did, even when he wasn't showing it.

"I couldn't get the scent of the camp and when i tried again i only got half way ... Sorry" he said feeling like a kid scolled by his parent. But Jonah's words about the others concerned made sense he he smiled assuring him they were fine.

"Ready for the bon fire? All this running around kind of made me tired" he said looking around and then sat on a piece of wood near the fire, liking the heat coming from it.

"At least you tried, that's what's important." Medive replied when Sakura told him that he had only been able to get halfway back tracking the scent before he had been unable to track it anymore. For his first time it was still a good attempt and what really mattered to the older vampire was that Sakura had tried. "Just... try not to go so far next time." He added it clear he was just relieved that the pair was fine.

Sakura asking if they were ready for the bonfire had him nodding, he reached out to Sakura patting his shoulder gently before the other went to find a piece of wood near the fire to sit on. Medive moved to add more wood to the fire and build it up, Jonah moved and sat down near Sakura also enjoying the warmth of the fire. Once the fire was built up more Medive moved over to join the pair though Jonah was quickly realizing that he had a surprise for Sakura.

Getting up he disappeared into the tent and went to the cooler of food he had packed for the other man, returning he showed Sakura a bag of marshmallows, some chocolate bars and graham crackers. "I thought we'd make this experience more of a traditional camping trip for you with some smores." Jonah told the other with a bright smile.