Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

He frowned when Jonah got up and moved to the tend to take something from his backpack but a bright smile appeared on his face when he saw what the other had pulled out of the backpack.

"Really? You thought about that...oh.... thank you" he said hugging the other tight. He was really lucky to have him by his side and loving him so much.

"This will be amazing" he said taking the marshmallow pack looking around for a stick , placing one in the tip and then holding it against the fire till it burned a little and was more moistly. Taking a bite he moaned softly at the sweet hot taste.

"God this is heaven" he said licking his lips placing another one on the stick and back on the fire, doing so multiple times.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

"I'm glad you like it!" Jonah laughed returning the hug the best he could before Sakura was taking the bag of marshmallows and moving back to the fire. Settling himself beside the other again he watched the young vampire grab a stick and put a marshmallow on it before putting it over the fire. Toasting it to his likeness before eating it and repeating it a few times. He was glad that he had thought of doing something for Sakura that had made the vampire so happy.

"I'm really happy that you like it so much." He admitted as he watched the cute vampire. He was leaning back against the piece of wood that Sakura was sitting on. Medive had settled on the other side of Sakura so the three of them could spend some time together and enjoy each other's company.

"This is nice." Medive commented after a few moments have passed. "We really should start doing this more frequently." He added glancing towards the other two already knowing that Sakura had wanted to do so. It'd be nice, not to mention it really was the best way for the three of them to bond more.

"are you kidding? I've always wanted to do this" he said leaving the marshmallow stick to the side looking at them both.

"I've always wanted to go camping, burn marshmallow and stuff ... but i only got the chance to see it on tv" he shrugged taking Jonahs and Medive's hand keeping up the smile on this face.

"I'm really thankful for this trip. It's a dream come true" he said looking at the fire trying not to cry, even if it would be of happiness.

The two vampires were watching Sakura who was telling them about how he always wanted to go camping but had only been able to see it on tv. He was taking their hands after, Medive and Jonah squeezing the other vampire's hand gently. "Well be sure to do this more often. Though if there are other things that you'd like to do or always wanted to do let us know." Medive told the young vampire.

"We'd love too do such things with you." Jonah added with a smile. Reaching out with his free hand he cupped Sakura's check and leaned up for a kiss. When their lips parted Medive seized his chance to kiss Sakura as well.

With a smile he leaned in their kissed loving to feel their love flow all around them. He was so happy at that point that he didn't wished anything at that moment. Everything was so perfect. A perfect night with them three together under the blue sky that was full of stars.

"I wish life would be this simply"he sigh knowing that this will last only for a few days. They had to return to their busy life and crazy schedules and other things about the new orders of vampires. Worried about their safety and such.

Holding their hands in his lap, he leaned his head on Medive's shoulder closing his eyes for a few moments.

"I wish this moment would not end"

A smile crossed Medive's face when he felt Sakura lean against his shoulder. Reaching up with his free hand he ran his hand through the other's hair gently. He was enjoying their time together and how happy this trip seemed to make Sakura. Making a mental note for them to make such trips whenever they could to give them all a break from their busy vampire lives.

Jonah leaned against Sakura's legs letting his eyes drift shut. Finding that he could get used to them having such moments together. It was nice and peaceful. No one was saying anything but it wasn't necessary that any of them speak.

For awhile they stayed like this but Jonah eventually decided he was tired and pulled away slightly. "We should head to bed." He said softly. Not really wanting to disturb the other two. He'd even be fine if they decided to stay up a bit longer.

"hmmm?" he turned to look at Jonah moving away from Medive's arm. "Oh ... you're right ... we should get some rest" he said stretching his muscles getting up from the wood and moving to the tent.

"Coming?" he asked Medive if he was going to join in the tent.

Once inside he started to unpack his pj, starting to change his clothes with other comfy ones. A pair of pants and shirt and he was all set up for the bed. He was still with his back at the other as he was packing his day clothes back in his backpack.

Jonah had moved towards the tent and was already slipping into it when Sakura asked Medive if he was coming. The older vampire nodded and got up following Sakura and Jonah into the tent. Stretching slightly as he went. While Sakura was getting changed he worked with Jonah to make the tent more comfortable to sleep in. Even if they didn't necessarily need to alter it to make it comfortable since they were vampires sometimes the extra step was just nice.

After they finished the two vampires had gotten comfortable leaving a spot between them for Sakura since they both wanted to sleep beside the cute vampire. The pair watching and waiting expectantly for Sakura to take his place between them. Once he had Medive pulled a blanket over all of them before getting comfortable and humming softly. "Goodnight." He told the other two. Jonah said goodnight as well before he was pressing himself against Sakura and letting his eyes drift shut once more.

After packing his clothes he turned and saw the two vampires waiting for him to sit in between them. He would have done that either-way, but it was nice of them to think it through.

Sitting between them he faced Medive, leaving Jonah to press himself against him holding a hand over his on his waist. Taking a deep breath he hummed a 'Goodnight' and shut his eyes falling asleep right away.

blood .... bodies on the floor .... blood on my feet .... where am i?

strange sounds coming from around me .... cries but then go silent ....

more blood on the floor that i step in .... more bodies with each step i'm taking ...

...my hands .... my hands are bloody .... my clothes are bloody ....

Jonah .... Medive ... where are you ....

i stumble on bodies and fall ..... they were ... they were ....

"NO!" Sakura screamed jumping his body from the floor with his hand reaching out, feeling small drops of sweat falling his face, his breath being heavy. a nightmare ... but ... it felt so real ... all that blood.....even the taste...

He looked at his hands feeling his body shaking.

It was easy for the two to fall asleep once they were all snuggled together. Medive had an arm wrapped around the youngest vampire to hold him close. Feeling the body of Jonah pressed against the other. This was what he had wanted all along when it came to the three of them and their lives together as vampires. For it to truly be the three of them.

Their sleep was peaceful until the body that had been pressed between them lurched out of their grasp causing them to shift. Medive was the one who woke up first groaning softly as he turned to figure out what had happened. His eyes landed on Sakura who was sitting up and sweating staring at his hands his body shaking. Reaching out to him Medive's hand found the other's leg watching the smaller figure, "What's wrong, Sakura?" He asked the younger vampire his worry clear in his voice.

After a moment when he had fully woken up he was sitting up moving his hand from the vampire's thigh to wrap it around the smaller body and pull it into him. It was at this point that Jonah had woken up too and murmured something completely incoherent since he wasn't fully awake yet.

Sakura covered his eyes, still shaking, not wanting to be seen crying. only a nightmare ... only a nightmare, he wrapped his hands around himself taking deep breaths to calm himself.

"I'm ...s-sorry ... just ...a nightmare" he said breathless hatting that he couldn't stop from shaking.

those bodies ... they were theirs ...

He thought still seeing Medive and Jonahs bodies on the floor covered in blood, dead. They were dead and he was the one covered in blood. And all those bodies. He just couldn't understand what that was.

A soft pur escaped Medive when Sakura seemed to break down, apologizing and saying that it was just a nightmare. The pur was to try to comfort him as he held the smaller body in his arms pressing a light kiss to his forehead, "You don't have to apologize." Medive didn't want Sakura to think that he had to be sorry for something that was natural, something that happened such as nightmares or anything else like that.

By this point Jonah had also woken up more even if he was still tired, shifting to lay his head in Sakura's lap while Medive continued to hold the young vampire against his side. Jonah shifted to nudge into Sakura a little before he was reaching out to take the other's hands into his entwining their fingers and encouraging Sakura to focus on them and not his nightmare.

"You're okay." He murmured softly pressing a kiss to one of Sakura's hands. Jonah didn't want the other vampire to be scared or to worry. "We love you." He added Medive chiming in to confirm it not that it was necessary. They were sure that vampire knew they loved him, but it never hurt to remind the other.

"I-I'm gonna be fine" he rested his head on Medives chest holding his eyes shut focusing on their warmth that came from their bodies. they're alive .... they're alive so calm down...., he tried to say to himself hopping that Jonah hadn't seen in his mind what was bothering him. He didn't want to worry him even more.

"I need some air" he said smiling softly, trying to reassure them that he was feeling much better, and he was thankful that the shaking had stooped so that he could get out the tent and take deep breaths of morning air that cooled his lungs and his body. He really needed that.

He was sitting outside on the wood near the fire-pite that was out, resting his head in his hands.

A small frown appeared on Medive's face when Sakura said he needed some air and was pulling away from them leaving the tent and heading outside. He exchanged glances with Jonah and was about to say that he'd go out there with him but Jonah was already climbing out of the tent leaving him alone in it. His mind was racing trying to figure out what a vampire could have dreamed about that would have affected him in such a manner.

Jonah hadn't wasted any time in getting up to follow after Sakura. The vampire moving to leave the tent the last thing he needed to fully wake him up. He could tell through their bond that Sakura was clearly shaken and upset, so he was going to do what he could to ease that. Seeing the other vampire sitting down near the fire pit that had long since died out with his head in his hands made him frown. Instantly he moved over to the other vampire and sat down beside him, at first he said nothing just set his hand on Sakura's back.

Using their bond to feel out how to proceed before finally speaking, "Tell me about your nightmare." It wasn't a question. He wasn't asking the other vampire to tell him about it, he was telling him to. Jonah didn't want to pry and use their bond to see what the dream had been, but he would if Sakura refused to speak to him about it. "I can't help you feel better, feel safe if you don't talk to me about it." Jonah added making it clear he really wasn't going to accept any other response other than what the nightmare had been about.

He lifted his head from his hands and looked at them. He knew that if he wasn't going to tell him about it he will try to find out through their bond. So there was no point into hiding it.

"There was ... blood ... a lot of blood everywhere" he said gulping as he was remembering his dream feeling his body shaking.

"There were ... bodies on the ground ... vampire bodies "he added biting his tongue knowing that he was reaching the end of the dream which he hated the most.

"I was c-covered in blood...all .... covered and ... " he gulped. "I stumbled on some ...corpses but .... when i looked over ... it was you and Medive ....all drown of blood ...the blood from my hands... dead..." he said starting crying covering his face again.

Jonah could see it in Sakura's eyes almost a sort of defeat knowing that if he didn't tell him about the nightmare that he'd find out through their bond. At least it meant the younger vampire was telling him what it had been about, he listened silently until the very end at which point he wrapped his arms around Sakura just like Medive had done in the tent. Though it had all just been a dream he was still worried about the other vampire and he knew that no matter what he could say it would not wipe away the nightmare.

Despite that he could at least do his best to comfort the vampire. "That sounds terrifying." He admitted to the other. If he had been in Sakura's place in that nightmare to see and discover what the other vampire had he knew he too would be terrified. "It was just a nightmare though, that dream... it can't hurt you. It's not real." Jonah told the other vampire running fingers lovingly through his hair.

After a few more minutes of silence had passed he spoke again, "You know... it's said dreams and nightmares have an underlying meaning." It was a start to what he was going to ask next and he hoped that Sakura would be willing to speak with him about such manners. "It sounds like you're afraid, not just of losing us but something else too." He added before watching Sakura curiously. "What are you afraid of, Sakura?" He finally came clean to ask. "Beyond the fear of just losing us." Jonah wanted to make that part clear too. Though that did seem like part of the nightmare there was clearly more too it. Specifically the fact that Sakura had been covered in blood.

"I ... I..." he tried to speak and answer the other. More afraid then losing them? Seeing his hands and body covered in blood, feeling the moisture of it on his skin and the taste in his mouth. "I'm afraid of loosing myself" he managed to say. "T-To lose control of me" he added sobbing looking at him and then avert his gaze.

"I could feel the blood on my skin ... i could feel the taste in my mouth " he closed his eyes more tears falling. "I'm afraid that i was the one killing all those other vampires and ... that i killed you too" he kept his head low, sobbing.

"Oh Sakura..." Jonah said softly feeling his heart break as he saw the other so clearly upset. He pulled Sakura into his lap, something that was easy to do considering how the other man was still shaking and clearly upset. "You're the most in control vampire I've ever met." He told Sakura. Pressing a kiss to the top of the other man's head before kissing his neck. "Medive told me how well you did on your very first hunt. You brought yourself to stop where others wouldn't have been able to control it." Jonah was going to do what he could to remind Sakura that he was not the type to lose control.

"Even before that, she wasn't the first time you fed from a body. Just the first time you fed from a human body. You've drank from me and even Medive and never lost control. You've controlled yourself in ways that the two of us had never seen in a young vampire before." He remembered the late night talks he had with Medive, how Sakura was no normal young vampire. Even being the jewel didn't explain how advanced he was when it came to his control and abilities. So this fear... though it was a rational fear, one many young vampires had he felt that Sakura out of any vampire he had ever met had no reason to fear such things.

"Medive and I will always be here beside you. We'd never let you lose control and I don't think you'd ever allow it either. You're always so careful with what you do and how you behave." Jonah let Sakura know. Telling him why he didn't worry about it why he knew that Sakura would never lose control.

He listen carefully still sobbing as he lifted his eyes at him. Yes he could control that, but there were moments when he almost lost it because of rage.

"Do you forget how i was a few days ago when we met that guy Micheals? I almost lost control over myself... trust me...i'm not that perfect" he said cuddling to his chest, leaning his head to his shoulder still crying. "I may lose control like that again. It was so hard to pull me back from that anger.... it was like my blood was boiling wanting to rip his head of ... i was afraid because i couldn't reach you...it was like you were controlled or ...i don't know... but i was afraid of what effect he had over you that i wanted to protect you and ...i was loosing control" he grabbed his shirt in his hand. "Not even Medive was able to temper me at that moment"

"Micheal is a different case, Sakura." Jonah replied a small frown on his face when he thought about the other vampire because he knew how much he had affected Sakura. How much it had bothered him when their connection had been closed and how not just Micheal had behaved but how he had as well. "Don't let how you felt with Micheal dictate how good or bad you are at controlling yourself. Rage is a completely different emotion, but over time even that can be controlled. You felt that way because of how we're connected, how close we've always been. You saw a threat and responded appropriately." Jonah expressed wanting to tell Sakura that while yes he had almost lost control the way he had behaved was justified.

"Besides. You won't have to deal with Micheal again, Medive and I will handle any business that involves him." He told the other vampire running his fingers through Sakura's hair again. "As time passes, when you feel that you've gained control over your emotions maybe then you can face him another time. Micheal has... odd abilities when it comes to other vampires. That's why he's as high ranking as he is. But it also means we need to behave ourselves and respect him. Even if you don't like him." The last sentence was meant solely for Sakura since he knew how the other had felt about Micheal from the moment they had left that building. It was a reason why when he had gone to see the vampire he was glad their bond was sealed so that Sakura wouldn't know what was happening and so the man wouldn't freak out again.

It also meant that he felt guilt at sneaking around him but they had to do what they had to do. That included keeping Micheal happy, it included making sure that Sakura never dealt with the vampire until he was emotionally stable enough to keep his cool around him. While Micheal had found his behavior amusing that time even his patience could run thin eventually and that was something Jonah didn't want to think about. "You'll learn to control your emotions and then you won't have to fear losing control of any kind." He said so firmly that he believed it was nothing but true.

His body was starting to calm down as the other spoke, making him relax a little. He wasn't trembling anymore but he was still affected by the nightmare. It was still hard to accept the idea that it was only a dream when it felted so real.

"I just hope you're right ... cause i feel myself like a freak" he sigh keeping him close to him, liking to be held in his arms. It was comfy and calming.

"You're far from a freak, cutie." Jonah mused with a small smile pressing another kiss to the top of the vampire's head. "Besides, everyone has nightmares once in awhile and everyone has those moments where they feel like they lose control of themselves. But when you have someone by your side that you can talk too, someone you can share those moments with things become easier." He expressed his smile only seeming to grow slightly. "You have two." Jonah added with a small nod towards the tent to indicate that he could and should even discuss such fears with Medive.

"While you and I will always have a special bond, Medive is there for you too. He loves you too and would be just as open to listening to your fears and concerns and helping you with them." Jonah wanted to do all he could to convince Sakura that Medive would be there too because he knew the older vampire wanted to be as important to Sakura as he was. While their relationship had certainly gotten better it wasn't quite where he knew Medive wanted it.

"Now, why don't we head back into the tent and get some more rest? In the morning we have all day to enjoy the wilderness and being away from business and worries." Jonah offered though he did not want to rush Sakura. If the vampire wasn't ready to head back to bed yet they didn't have to go.

He looked up at him wiping his tears away. he wasn't sure if he was able to sleep again after that but he nodded and got up returning to the tent.

Sitting back in between them two he looked at Medive who had stayed in the tend all that time. He felt guilty for that. Maybe he thought he was second in this relationship of theirs but he was special for him too.

He moved closer to him and hugged him, hiding his face in his chest not saying a word. He just wanted to hold him as the image of his dead body was still popping in his mind as he tried to ignore it all.

When they returned to the tent Jonah was happy to settle back down into his spot glancing towards Sakura as he settled down between them again. His eyes darted to Medive who seemed to be sleeping but he knew better than to believe that. The vampire was probably just doing so in order to give them privacy since it wasn't like he hadn't heard their conversation. Pulling the blankets over them once more he noticed that Sakura had turned into Medive burying his face into the older vampire's chest. It made a smile appear on his face before he was shifting to curl up against the other's back wanting to be close to him as well.

Medive had expected the pair to return just for them to go right back to bed so he was surprised when he suddenly felt weight on him. His eyes opened and he glanced down to see the smaller vampire curled up on him head buried in his chest. A small gentle smile appeared before he was wrapping a strong arm around Sakura to hold him close. Pressing a gentle kiss to the top of the other's head before he let himself rest back and eyes close once more. With things calmed down again it was easy for him to fall back asleep, though there was a small part of his subconscious mind that was still monitoring Sakura for any changed again.

Sakura smiled at the soft touch of Medive and also at the curled up from Jonah. They showed him in so many ways that they loved him and so did he, but the nightmare was to vivid to just let it aside and rest.

He couldn't fall asleep trying to figure out what all that was about. Was he that dangerous? What else was about the jewel becoming a vampire that he didn't knew about him. Was he really a menace? The only person to have some answers was the only person he didn't liked. Micheals.

He stayed up till the sun rise and the birds outside were telling him it was time for the other two to wake up so he closed his eyes , faking the sleep for those minutes till they were fully awake. They didn't had to worry about him and that matter. He had to think of something to do about himself once they were back home.