Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear
Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, may ask for challenge no. 7 reread a novel title. May I reread a novel that I read for other categories??

I just finished this trilogy and they're super awesome I want to reread it again :)

Thank you.

As Namako said, you can't repeat a title within your list. (:

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Can I use Don't Touch! Daddy for #39? :)

Yup, it qualifies!

Dear

and
, thank you for answering my questions :)

Hi dear

!

:_red_fox 4

It's me again

I have a few questions regarding the tasks:

Does Koe Shika Mienai by Kobaco Aki qualify for 40, title with a fetish topic?

Does Aibou no Jouken by Minase Masara qualify for 41, title with "sports" settings?

Does Yakuza-sama no Omocha by Kirishiki Tokico qualify for 42, manga which was updated today?

Does If You Hate Me So by Fargo qualify for 43, Korean manga?

Does Damatte Naite Irunodesu by Uchida Kaoru qualify for 48, bara manga?

Does Guutara Renai no Seihou by Kuroiwa Chihaya qualify for 55, manga with "classmates" topic?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I hope you have a fantastic week! :)

:leaf:

Hi dear

!

It's me again

I have a few questions regarding the tasks:

Does Koe Shika Mienai by Kobaco Aki qualify for 40, title with a fetish topic?

Does Aibou no Jouken by Minase Masara qualify for 41, title with "sports" settings?

Does Yakuza-sama no Omocha by Kirishiki Tokico qualify for 42, manga which was updated today?

Does If You Hate Me So by Fargo qualify for 43, Korean manga?

Does Damatte Naite Irunodesu by Uchida Kaoru qualify for 48, bara manga?

Does Guutara Renai no Seihou by Kuroiwa Chihaya qualify for 55, manga with "classmates" topic?

I hope you have a fantastic week! :)

Hello.

Re Kind of yes to all, except for - "Does Guutara Renai no Seihou by Kuroiwa Chihaya qualify for 55, manga with "classmates" topic?"

A personal opinion here, but the only thing that points to being 'classmates' in the manga is a honorable mention of their past and how they chose to be 'together' as adults too. I don't think that qualifies for a theme where you have to pick an obvious topic - Classmates.

At least from what I remember from reading that manga.

Aaaand, as a side note. Open the spoiler, in case you want to hear a personal opinion about the manga.

It sucks.

Hi dear

!

It's me again

What do you think about Saa Koi ni Ochitamae by Yamato Nase for the "classmates" topic?

Have a lovely day! :)

Hi Saga

I'm reading two fanfiction right now. One is completed and the other is still ongoing. Do both fanfictions qualify for the novel challenge reading #22?

Hi dear

!

It's me again

What do you think about Saa Koi ni Ochitamae by Yamato Nase for the "classmates" topic?

Have a lovely day! :)

Totally fits the criteria!

Hi Saga

I'm reading two fanfiction right now. One is completed and the other is still ongoing. Do both fanfictions qualify for the novel challenge reading #22?

Yup, any fanfiction will do the job. Do note it though: one is fiction and other is fanfiction. So, just make sure it's not a fiction.

i am basically new to this challenge thing..

So i would just like to ask how to post the notes link in the sign up form..

Thanks

@
i am basically new to this challenge thing..

So i would just like to ask how to post the notes link in the sign up form..

Thanks

Username: jc310

List Type:

Page Note's Number: Page #1

Notes Link:

This is your form for the sign-up, which you have to post in the main thread.

Just don't forget to put your 'list type' [whether you are playing with manga or novel..or with both].

The easiest way to 'hyperlink' a word is to type the word, select it and then choose that button:

bMb9CGZ.png

Once the new window opens, you will see a field for the link. Copy/paste the url, which you can find in your browser's link field on top. And you are done. ' v '

Y3ZX2JD.png

Hope I made it easy to understand, if not - tell me.

I picked this one for #33 (manga with main chara being poor) - it fits, right,

?

I picked this one for #33 (manga with main chara being poor) - it fits, right,
?

Re Hmmm. '_' If I recall correctly, the plot was more on the 'being rich' side than 'being poor' side? But oh well, if you think the plot stresses out someone being poor - yeah, it fits.

Re Hmmm. '_' If I recall correctly, the plot was more on the 'being rich' side than 'being poor' side? But oh well, if you think the plot stresses out someone being poor - yeah, it fits.

Will decide after I read it then.

I'd like to ask for clarification, as quoted:

"Titles, other than short DJ's and oneshots [from the manga titles] and short novels [from the novel titles], cannot be enlisted as finished on the same day of starting the series."

Does that mean that oneshots cannot be put in the entry form?

Thanks.

@

I'd like to ask for clarification, as quoted:

"Titles, other than short DJ's and oneshots [from the manga titles] and short novels [from the novel titles], cannot be enlisted as finished on the same day of starting the series."

Does that mean that oneshots cannot be put in the entry form?

Thanks.

That means the opposite.

Oneshots and doujinshi can be used and enlisted as finished on the same day of starting reading them.

E.g., [began date: 27.04.2018] [finish date: 27.04.2018]

However, other titles that are regular non-doujinshi/non-oneshots [and please, keep in mind that doujinshi with many chapters will not be considered 'short' anymore, hence they will be like any other regular manga title] CANNOT be enlisted on the same day of starting it.

E.g., [began date: 27.04.2018] [finish date: 28.04.2018]

So to say, at least 24 hours after starting it should pass to enlist it as finished. You can read other titles, of course. You can enlist more than 1 manga as finished on the same date, or started on the same date. But titles shouldn't 'start and finish' on one same day. That's the only rule.

If you open anyone's manga/novel list you will notice that only oneshots/doujinshi [short ones] are listed as finished on the same day of starting.

I hope I didn't confuse you further.

Same xD but you're saying the manga is good, so I hope it will be okay ;D

and now I'm really worried!! Nope, Blood Bank is good, the work of this mangaka is.. intense xD & pretty hard to put down, but definitely not on my reread:D so I'll be curious to hear your thoughts but I can't say that it's my favorite thing ever:D not at all:D but it definitely qualifies for the challenge at least xD

- - - Updated - - -

The easiest way to 'hyperlink' a word is to type the word, select it and then choose that button:

Wow!! That BLEW my mind (embarrassingly xD) All this time I have been putting the link first, and then I would edit out the second part in the code to say what it needs to say.. And dammit, there was a much easier method all this time:D

thank you so much for the explanation!:D

and now I'm really worried!! Nope, Blood Bank is good, the work of this mangaka is.. intense xD & pretty hard to put down, but definitely not on my reread:D so I'll be curious to hear your thoughts

then I'll make sure to tell you my opinion after I read it :3

After talking with Racheal i feel like joining.. It is an interesting challenge..i have a few questions

1.I still haven't registered but can i add books that i have read in 2018 ?

2.Is there a time limit to finish a task like i have 2 days to finish a hitorical book more than that it won't be added?

After talking with Racheal i feel like joining.. It is an interesting challenge..i have a few questions

2.Is there a time limit to finish a task like i have 2 days to finish a hitorical book more than that it won't be added?

The question is not for me but I think I can answer, so I hope you don't mind.

1. No. The challenge starts for you on the day you register, so you can't write a book as finished before that or write some random date just so you can use it for the challenge. The challenge is to read new stuff and from the day it starts for you, the titles you use have to be such that you haven't read before, unless the task says 'reread'.

2. Again no :D Take your time. The only rule about it is to not write titles, other than short novels (or DJ's and oneshots from the manga titles), as finished on the same day as started. But even if you do finish a longer one on the same day, you have to write it as finished on the following day.

I hope this helps :3

As Namako said.

In order to officially join and have your titles/dates in your list approved after a check - you have to post a sign-up form. (:

Dear

I have a question regarding task #36 "read a novel with omegaverse settings". Would shifter novels with alpha/beta/omega dynamics qualify? Or, more specifically, would this book:

qualify for the challenge?:D

Omegaverse doesn't have clear rules, so I would like to be sure^^

Dear

I have a question regarding task #36 "read a novel with omegaverse settings". Would shifter novels with alpha/beta/omega dynamics qualify? Or, more specifically, would this book:

qualify for the challenge?:D

Omegaverse doesn't have clear rules, so I would like to be sure^^

Actually that's what qualify - beasts shifters forming bonds.

And yes, that novel qualifies.

oh great, thank you!:D:D

There are a few omegaverse books now that are alpha/omega, but not shifters, so I was worried at first we were required to read one of those. T_T

I'm glad that it's not the case, because the last such book i tried to read killed my soul & half my brain.

I have a question too. I know that the books from the same series cannot use since they share the same title and storyline, but how about books in the same series but not the same storyline or has anything to do with other books in the series at all ? For example:
All 12 books in this series have nothing to do with each other at all. The author just used zodiac theme to name the books.

Book 3 "Gemini: The Wicked Things " is Fantasy / Fairy Tale / Witchcraft / Magic

but book 9 "Sagittarius : Mr. November " is about Sport

Also there are books that listed under the same series, but different storyline and different Authors for each volume such as :

and
which contained 4 book from different Author.

I do a lot of upload and re-upload lately and there are many series like this, so I wonder are books from these series also against the same title rules or not.

Thank you ,

R

check out AIDEN BATES and Austin Bates. All their work are in Omegaverse without shifting ;P