Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!

:_red_fox 4

Please explain! :)

I check my list and found that

05, (09)

(7), 59

13, (14)

(27), 56

are in conflict of series, so I will change the ones in brackets.

7. Reread one completed manga title: Ani no Chuukoku by Asada Nemui

9. Read a comedy manga: Aa Bocchama...! by Tsukinose Maro

14. Read a supernatural manga title: 5 Seconds by Sachimo

27. Read the sequel of a manga title: Paradise View by Kojima Lalako

I noticed the green and red flags, I only got the one you explained (23:45)

is there something else I should be looking on my list?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Have a great day! :)

:leaf:

I can't tell you individually. When I start checking your list, I can tell you completely. Else answering like that, it kinda forces me to check completely your list before you have even posted it. If it is so, I probably can do that with the rest of these 50 people. Please, check and re-check your list. Once you post it, I will begin checking.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Does this manga Sonna Me De Mite Kure qualify for task #34, main character being rich and Sado no Otoko o Otosu Houhou for task #33, main character being poor.

One question I was wondering: A lot of manga has two main character, the first main chara and second main chara, like in a movie and books. Does the first main chara has to be rich/poor, or can the second main chara be rich and poor to qualify for task #33 and #34. Had this question always in my head. Hope you can satisfy my curiosity with an answear.

Thank you so much :)

it just my opinion. i didn't mean you to copy cat anything. i thought it could be used as a references for start. but yeah, i understand. thank you for reading my thoughts.

thanks for helping me! I just wanna make sure that I understood everything correctly!

But let's go, the challenge sounds fun and that's it!

Oh, and I know about Warui because before I read a long manga/a manga serie, I read some reviews before to make sure I'll like the manga and what is about. :)

Yeah, I misunderstood... sorry to make you worry.

It was this part that make me confused, but I got it wrong. Sorry...

You can post your SIGN UP for novel/manga list this month, finish it in 3 months and as you still have time, you can decide to do the other half of it -> if you started with the manga list, you can sign up after that for the novel list as well.

Hi

Does this manga Sonna Me De Mite Kure qualify for task #34, main character being rich and Sado no Otoko o Otosu Houhou for task #33, main character being poor.

One question I was wondering: A lot of manga has two main character, the first main chara and second main chara, like in a movie and books. Does the first main chara has to be rich/poor, or can the second main chara be rich and poor to qualify for task #33 and #34. Had this question always in my head. Hope you can satisfy my curiosity with an answear.

Thank you so much :)

Re Yup, they qualify!

Re Hm, that actually will clear up all wonders [the question being asked like that] - the main characters, regardless whether main chara #1 or #2, have to be set an in plot where the topic /wealth or poverty/ is obvious. It doesn't matter who will be poor or rich, as long as the topic logically plays out based on either one [wealth or poverty]. Then again, don't fret out too much. As long as they can cover up the main criteria - you are good to go with whatever.

it just my opinion. i didn't mean you to copy cat anything. i thought it could be used as a references for start. but yeah, i understand. thank you for reading my thoughts.

Re Of course, cutie. I haven't said anything of the sort. I am also pointing out my opinion, why this first edition is so chaotic. Because I am following what 'errors' this game returns, how does it bother users, is it fun for them? Or are they annoyed and discouraged by it? Is it hard to complete? I am following the outcome of this challenge on many levels, so all your 'complaints' or 'ideas', or 'questions' - I do record them, mentally I mean. '_'

thanks for helping me! I just wanna make sure that I understood everything correctly!

But let's go, the challenge sounds fun and that's it!

Oh, and I know about Warui because before I read a long manga/a manga serie, I read some reviews before to make sure I'll like the manga and what is about. :)

Re My pleasure! You understand the challenge perfectly fine. ' v '

Enjoy the read!

Yeah, I misunderstood... sorry to make you worry.

It was this part that make me confused, but I got it wrong. Sorry...

Re Got'cha. Don't apologize. ' v '

no problem! :)
thanks a lot for your patience and for making this challenge!

I tagged all of you who participated in BL novel reading challenge because I believe some of us misinterpreted the word "title" in one of the rules that stated.

I was one too. Since normally, for novel, when we say title we think about the name of the book itself not the series, but in this case the word "Title" in the rule includes both book's title and series The series that each volume contained different plots/ ganre/ MCS and the series that each books were written by different authors are also under this rules, so none of them can be use.

Some of you may ask why not since they are also a full-length novel? Saga did kindly explain about the reason in the post above this one

I know some of you already used the books from the same series for different assignments, so please kindly adjust them according to the rule. To prevent any misinterpret in the future Saga also kindly updated the rule for us, so now the rule also included the word Series too

Thank you so much for your understanding, and let's have fun with the challenge together.

R

PS,

you should sign up already!!!

Right.. Thank you for the tag, Racheal :)

for task 14 in the novel challenge "Read a supernatural manga title" is "Raising a Bat by Jade" okay?

for task 14 in the novel challenge "Read a supernatural manga title" is "Raising a Bat by Jade" okay?

...Well yeah, it can be used. Just don't use too many webtoon titles on tasks where it is stated to use 'manga'. Because you do have tasks where you gotta read specifically a webtoon. (:

Dear

, I have a question again!!! (#161, I believe :D sorry..^^)

So, for #47 (Novel Challenge) "Read a manga with a title that contains number in it", is it possible to read a webtoon instead? I know it's possible for the manga challenge, but this is a novel challenge, so I'm not sure if it's an option..^^

And, most importantly, for #37 "Read a novel that has a very low rating on BU/NU", can it be very low rating on Goodreads instead? I've gotta try & ask:D And how low is considered low? (Both goodreads & novelupdates go with a 5.0 rating, so would 3.5 be considered low already? (no? I had to try T_T) or does it need to be 2.5 & less?

Otherwise,I have just read my first two Chinese novels thanks to the challenge.. My comfort zone is officially left!:D Yay!

Dear
, I have a question again!!! (#161, I believe
:D sorry..^^)

So, for #47 (Novel Challenge) "Read a manga with a title that contains number in it", is it possible to read a webtoon instead? I know it's possible for the manga challenge, but this is a novel challenge, so I'm not sure if it's an option..^^

And, most importantly, for #37 "Read a novel that has a very low rating on BU/NU", can it be very low rating on Goodreads instead? I've gotta try & ask:D And how low is considered low? (Both goodreads & novelupdates go with a 5.0 rating, so would 3.5 be considered low already? (no? I had to try T_T) or does it need to be 2.5 & less?

Otherwise,I have just read my first two Chinese novels thanks to the challenge.. My comfort zone is officially left!:D Yay!

Hey!

Re Well..yeah. You can do that. Just manga readers shouldn't overuse webtoons. I guess for next year, we will include more tasks with webtoons.

Re Hm, well. If it's 2 out of 5 [ranking from 1 to 5]...it is low. If it's 1 to 4 out of 10 [ranking from 1 to 10] - still low. This is how I see it. Before it hits the "so-so", you know? And sure, you can use whatever sure. I just hand to give examples for people who don't know where to look on.

thank you so much for the clarification!!!:D I found a perfect webtoon for this challenge...^^

and 2 out of 5.. wow ahah:D I've never in my life read something below 3.7, so it will be very interesting:D:D but I'm happy we can read from goodreads, because they have western novels tho, so I'm hoping to find some cringy omegaverse or something:D they're usually so bad it's almost funny^^

I have a question about BU's rating system.

When I search just yaoi tags, there is a 'rating' column but when I click on a title, there is "User rating" but then "Average" and "Bayesian Average". For example, about Watashi no Yaban na Geboku - "Average: 5.7 / 10.0 (90 votes)" and "Bayesian Average: 5.98 / 10.0". And I haven't seen any with lower than 5 on the search page but then Average or Bayesian Average is 2-3. So what are these? Which one do I need?

Hm... I think I need the "Average" because for "Tenshisai" the average is 1 but Bayesian average - 6.52. Although only 1 has voted, so it's 100% 1 ;D

p.s. Sorry for the spam ^^;

Hm... I think I need the "Average" because for "Tenshisai" the average is 1 but Bayesian average - 6.52. Although only 1 has voted, so it's 100% 1 ;D

p.s. Sorry for the spam ^^;

That's a question I wanted no one to ask XD.

To be honest, I have no idea how BU makes these stuff so complicated. And how there can be so many different 'ratings'. Unless they aren't about the plot, but related to....per say, a character's design and style. '_'

Anyhow. I picked my manga based on general rating, which is visible right next to the title and year [from the titles' search]. '_'

Dear
, I have a question again!!! (#161, I believe :D sorry..^^)

Thank you

for asking this question, since I'm more familiar with Goodreads than NU.

And thank you

for answering and allowing this :)

That's a question I wanted no one to ask XD.

To be honest, I have no idea how BU makes these stuff so complicated. And how there can be so many different 'ratings'. Unless they aren't about the plot, but related to....per say, a character's design and style. '_'

Anyhow. I picked my manga based on general rating, which is visible right next to the title and year [from the titles' search]. '_'

xD oh well

IKR! It's so confusing... and you know how easily I can get confused sometimes XD

The one I picked has one 4, one 2 and two 1's, which makes the "Average" 2, so I think it's good for the task, even marked it as completed about half an hour ago ;D

my sweet & awesome

, if you do find books that qualify, will you please let me know? I stalked goodreads for hours yesterday (ok, maybe for 15 minutes), and couldn't find anything lower than 3.5 or something T_T I think I don't know how to search goodreads properly after all xD shame on me:D

I found with 0 ratings. Is that count?

Not sure.. Can we ask you, dear

?

I found it. And it have some elements that Iike, so maybe it still readable