Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I find it difficult to use BU, so I only use it to check out the title manga. I have tried to use a lot of different reading site, and found that mangago is really helpful. I use the tag search on mangago to seach for the criteria for the tasks. I used word like dropped and discontinued. Then I picked one I haven't read yet and double check with BU. Hope this was helpful :D

I don't know if it's ok to do this, but I have linked the tag search in the spoiler.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again

!

:_red_fox 4

Regarding the "trap" task: Does Otoshiana ni Hamerarete by Michinoku Atami qualify?

What do you think about Koujitsusei no Tobira by Shoowa for the title with its cover's main color "Yellow" (60)?

i74883.png

What do you think about Second Life by Takarai Saki for the title with its cover's main color "Blue" (31)?

fb1b1c922e76d6996691a33eeb4a692b030f8b89_306315_1500_1016.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Have a great day! :)

:leaf:

The answer to all of your questions is, yup!

They all qualify. ' v '

Oh! have you completed this task already? Which manga would your pick be for this task?

I was thinking about Itsuka Sukida to Itte by Mizushiro Setona on account of the tragic protagonist, and that brought to mind Xia Niangniang by Xi Ni (The Blind Concubine novel) and its bittersweet ending but I haven't decided yet on what manga to read.

leaf2

I was thinking about Itsuka Sukida to Itte by Mizushiro Setona on account of the tragic protagonist, and that brought to mind Xia Niangniang by Xi Ni (The Blind Concubine novel) and its bittersweet ending but I haven't decided yet on what manga to read.

leaf2

I just read the review of ‘itsuka sukida to itte’ this sounds interesting. Do you want me to read it and tell you if it has a bad ending? :D

If that really was the manga you always avoided and can’t think of any other, I would challenge myself and read it. You might be surprised the way I was about my choice ;)

Hi

You replied in a post before that "re-read" means to read a title that I know and reread it. There are two reread tasks in the challenge, task 7 and 61. What is the different between them?

Thanks ^^

I find it difficult to use BU, so I only use it to check out the title manga. I have tried to use a lot of different reading site, and found that mangago is really helpful. I use the tag search on mangago to seach for the criteria for the tasks. I used word like dropped and discontinued. Then I picked one I haven't read yet and double check with BU. Hope this was helpful :D

Ooh! *o* I use mangago but only if it comes as a result on google when looking for manga for some of the tasks but I didn't know about the tag search. I tried it now and it helped a lot. Thank you for sharing your 'secret' ^-^

Hi @

You replied in a post before that "re-read" means to read a title that I know and reread it. There are two reread tasks in the challenge, task 7 and 61. What is the different between them?

Thanks ^^

Hey there!

Re There are a lot of differences between #7 and #61. For one, #7 states it has to be completed, while #61 doesn't have that in its criteria. Second, #61 has to be from someone's lists, while #7 might be a manga no one has read or a few people know about it [or whatever the case], but they don't have it in their lists. Yet, you know it and you have read it and it is completed -> qualifies for #7. I do hope I got my point across with the difference.

I just read the review of ‘itsuka sukida to itte’ this sounds interesting. Do you want me to read it and tell you if it has a bad ending? :D

If that really was the manga you always avoided and can’t think of any other, I would challenge myself and read it. You might be surprised the way I was about my choice ;)

My lovely

!

:Red_fox:

That is so sweet of you!

foxy3

Yes, pretty please! :)

FpOtfjj.jpg

I just read the manga and I can tell you this much...

The store is a little sad and the ending... isn’t one of the happiest ones BUT it isn’t as heartbreaking as you might think it would be ;)

I hope it helps you decide if you want to read it or not... I don’t want to say too much just Incase I might spoiler something ;) but if you have any questions about it you actually want me to answer, I will :D

Hi

I just found out that Maiden Rose is starting to be released again from this post today.

I didn't know it and used it on #37 a week ago since its says unfinished on BU. I want to know if I have to redo #37 again.

Hi

I just found out that Maiden Rose is starting to be released again from this post today.

I didn't know it and used it on #37 a week ago since its says unfinished on BU. I want to know if I have to redo #37 again.

Nah, leave it.

It's noted that you've finished the task before the new update was posted, so. (:

I just read the manga and I can tell you this much...

The store is a little sad and the ending... isn’t one of the happiest ones BUT it isn’t as heartbreaking as you might think it would be ;)

I hope it helps you decide if you want to read it or not... I don’t want to say too much just Incase I might spoiler something ;) but if you have any questions about it you actually want me to answer, I will :D

Thank you dear

!

:In love:

Enjoy your weekend!

put_your_feed_up_and_have_a_good_weekend_1331730269.jpg

The awesome people of this thread, hello!:D:D:D:D

Does anybody have a good master/slave manga recommendation? I'm a bit lost with this one, because back in the day I read quite a few kinky ones:D so now i can't use them for the challenge, but I would still like something interesting...^^

and I just might also be in the mood for something kinky tonight

You were right

! It wasn't as sad as I thought it would be, I'm glad we read it!

I hope you have a lovely evening! ❤:o

[table=width: 300, class: grid, align: center]

[tr]

[td]

0831bc64bba9b7977ff3df4ec9b51ad7.jpg

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Hi

! How about Blood Bank by Silb?

Have a nice day!

:)

wide.jpg?w=290

Blood Bank

A world where vampire govern humans!

Welcome to Blood Bank, it's filled with fresh blood.

One is a hard-working banker and isn't affected by vampire pheromones.

One day, Shell, the son of a Blood Lord comes to visit for inspection.

During One's report, Shell keeps staring at One. And later... follows him to the toilet!

ah thank you

it's such an amazing recommendation!! But I've read it before...T_T it was very good tho:D:D

Glad you like it

:o courage will always be rewarded in the end ;)

And

have you been looking through the master/slave thread in the archives of the manga red sector on this forum?

Since you already read a lot of manga I think it might be easier for you to find something there what you haven’t read yet and then you could ask us if we can recommend it to you. I’ve read “double mints” which I really liked it isn’t the typical master slave setting though. It’s a delinquent who treats his friend as a “dog” and the “dog” has always been in love with his “master” since the first time they met.... Nakamura Asumiko draws some awesome stuff onion3

A other one I liked which I just remember is a Korean historical manhwa... two dudes with long hair... yoyo I found it, it’s called to take an enemies heart by yusa. They are literally master/slave and there is plenty going on between them :p

But as I said I can imagine you read both of them already that is way take a look at the red sectors manga archives, it might help you find something and we can tell you if we would recommend it to you ;)

So guys i‘m Off getting myself ready for eating out. (Sushi time, hehehe)

I hope you lovelies have a (hopefully yaoi filled) great Sunday! :leaf:

The awesome people of this thread, hello!:D:D:D:D

Does anybody have a good master/slave manga recommendation? I'm a bit lost with this one, because back in the day I read quite a few kinky ones:D so now i can't use them for the challenge, but I would still like something interesting...^^

hello ' w ')/

ooh *-* could you recommend some of those to me to use for this task? ^^;

Hi dear

!

It's me again

Does Nijiiro no kimi ga suki by Kanzaki Yuzu qualify for 30, title with the word "Kimi" in it?

Does Boulange no Koibito by Tenzen Momoko qualify for 35, character with blond hair?

Does Fuson na Hana o Aisureba by Takarai Saki qualify for 47, manga with a long title?

I hope you have an amazing day! :)

this is incredibly embarrasing, but I haven't realized that there is such a thread O_o but I now I realized it was just made for me!!:D:D:D thanks so so much!:D:D

And wow, I completely avoide "To take an enemies heart" for a long time because ( I believe) it's still on-going, but I might definitely definitely give it a try!!:D:D Although I could use it as a "title you always avoided":D

P.S. thanks for pointing me into the right direction!! I am frequent to the BL novels section, but manga.. I mostly search by title & that's it.. I've been missing out:D:D

it would be my pleasure!!!:D:D Although I forget most of the things I read almost immediatly, especially if they're bad xd but I will try

I completely agree with

tho - the best master/slave I ever read would be "Blood Bank".. it's hot, there is an actual plot & it's gorgeous too.. and have I mentioned it's a webtoon? For me it's a huge plus:D:D

for something a bit shorter, but also with literal (not always consensual) BDSM masters & slaves you can go with "Hoshi no Yakata" & pretty much anything esle by this author:D the drawing tho.. I don't like when men look like women:D but it's very hardcore, so that's a plus:D

Pet Keiyaku is very famous story about a sex slave:D but he has got lots of masters, if I recall correctly

Aijin Ichimanyen is unusual because it's human pet story, but at the same time it's funny & light. not sure how well it qualifies, because I haven't read it in a long time.. But I just remember really enjoying it:D

That's all I can remember off top of the head, but if you have read all of them, tag me again, I will think & give you more titles:D but

's advice is the best - it looks like there is a thread just for as in red sector manga:D:D

Hi dear

!

It's me again

Does Nijiiro no kimi ga suki by Kanzaki Yuzu qualify for 30, title with the word "Kimi" in it?

Does Boulange no Koibito by Tenzen Momoko qualify for 35, character with blond hair?

Does Fuson na Hana o Aisureba by Takarai Saki qualify for 47, manga with a long title?

I hope you have an amazing day! :)

Hey!!

Re Yup, they all qualify! (:

, thank you for the recommendations. :3

No, I actually haven't read any of this type, so no, I haven't read these :D

Now I checked the mangaka of Hoshi no Yakata out because you said 'and pretty much anything else by this author', so have you read Sadistic Boy?

I'm glad I could help^^

yep, I have:D but I prefered Hoshi no Yakata, although it gets pretty repetitive after a while:D and I really don't like it when men are drawn as women with dicks:D but in the beginning it was all exciting & wrong & I loved it:D

Dear

, may ask for challenge no. 7 reread a novel title. May I reread a novel that I read for other categories??

I just finished this trilogy and they're super awesome I want to reread it again :)

Thank you.

I really don't like it when men are drawn as women with dicks:D

Same xD but you're saying the manga is good, so I hope it will be okay ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Dear
, may ask for challenge no. 7 reread a novel title. May I reread a novel that I read for other categories??

I just finished this trilogy and they're super awesome I want to reread it again :)

Thank you.

You are not asking me but I think this answers your question: "Each manga/novel title can be used only once within this year's challenge. That is to say, in your list - no repetition of titles."