Open Sea [Private RP YellowPerch and Raycu]

YellowPerch

He took a bite be for defending himself against the prideful comments of his navigator. "You can't tell me that if someone you cared for was crying in front of you, then you wouldn't want to comfort them." He looked at Sidney after taking another bite. "Your all my family and I protect my family." It had fallen quiet between the two of them before Sosuke had finished eating his food. As soon as Sidney placed the dish on a table the rush of feet and yelling, declaring land was spotted, came from outside the door. Sosuke looked at the door longingly, he wanted to go outside, to see the land. He heard the ship coming into the harbor, just by the sound of people yelling. He growled when Sidney turned to him, telling him he wasn't allowed outside. He felt a slight sting of his wound, but nothing that made him flinch in pain. "Fine, then your going to have to tell the men that we are staying here longer then planned." When Sidney gave him a look he explained himself. "The ship needs to be looked at. The hit it took yesterday I'm sure has caused severe damaged to the hull."

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YellowPerch

• Raychu

Sidney rolled his eyes at the other man, seeing such childish behavior. "Don't growl at me like a dog," he chirped. He knew the other was just upset about not being able to leave, but he didn't care, it was for his own good in the end. That's all that mattered to the young navigator. He was confused when the other stated they needed to stay longer, then everything was cleared up after his dumbfounded look. "Aye captain, I'll be back in a bit then. I better not find you up or you're going to have to deal with more than just sleeping meds," he teased, standing up and skip stepping out of the room. He pulled one of the men to the side, telling him to find someone who could look at the ship, and had him relay the message of being there longer then they had thought. He returned to the doctors room, glad to see Sosuke was still in the same position. He sat in the chair, pulling closer to the bed. "Everyone has been told. Oh, I forgot... I need to properly thank you still. Thank you captain, for worrying about me I mean. Though next time during a battle, do try to be more aware of guns being aimed at you." A wide smile spread across his cheeks, staring at Sosuke.

He wanted to get up, he really did. But he decided he'd behave and stay in bed. When Sidney returned Sosuke could instantly see how relieved he was that Sosuke had stayed in bed as he was told. He nodded after hearing his message was relayed. And watched as the navigator bounced his way over to the bed once more and sat on the chair, having pulled it closer to the bed. He smiled at the navigator, glad to see him coming back to his old self. When Sosuke heard the thanks from Sidney he was honestly surprised. He didn't expect him to be so formal for saving his life. However, the little comment he made after about guns made Sosuke chuckle. "Aye, I suppose that was my fault."

Sidney rested his chin in his hand, keeping his gaze on the other. "It was, I was terrified when you got hit," he hummed. That wasn't a lie, he almost died when Sosuke was hit with the bullet, but he could only stay hung up on the incident so long. "I'm not proud of how I handled it though," he laughed awkwardly. He was still upset, however, about the language he used, and how angry he let himself become. The young navigator felt as if he dropped to the same level as the enemy captain at that moment. He shook his head, keeping the thoughts out, he already cried enough. All that should matter was that Sosuke was alive and going to be okay. It should. But he still felt like he was weighing everyone down on the ship, though he wouldn't let the captain hear those kind come words from his mouth again. He already got scolded about them once, he didn't need that to happen again again. He reached over, running his fingers through Sosuke's hair like he did the night before, the soft hair sliding through his fingers. "We're all glad you are okay. Your our family too, I think all of our hearts would've stopped as well if yours did first."

Sosuke could tell how much pain Sidney had been in. The slight gestures and the small voice were signs he knew meant he was still afraid of what had happened. He was glad to hear that he was like family to the crew as well. He had only hoped they felt the same way, seeing how none of them actually told him. He closed his eyes to think about the moments just before he'd been shot and he would have shivered if it weren't for the sudden feel of Sidney's fingers through his hair again. Sosuke kept his eyes closed, enjoying the gentle touch. He really did enjoy Sidney company. Sidney kept his hands where they were when Sosuke opened his eyes, his green eyes with a touch of gold staring straight at Sidney. "You can't let my death stop any of you. Promise me that you will all continue to sail if I were to ever die." Sosuke knew he shouldn't be forcing such a promise onto Sidney, but he needed to know the navigator wouldn't be reckless enough to end his own life just because Sosuke was no longer there.

Sidney kept running his fingers through the other's hair, even when his eye opened. His actions stopped for a minute, before he started them up again. The promise was so large, something he would have a hard time keeping, but he would since Sosuke was personally asking. "I can only speak for myself, but I'll keep sailing for you even when you die," he hummed. His cheeks started heating up at intense gaze set on him once more. The young navigator's eyes shifted to the floor, keeping his hand where it was. "It'd be boring without ya though captain." He laughed, trying to clear the tenseness within himself. He was getting flustered over being stared at once more, it wasn't that big of a deal. Sosuke was trying to get his point across, so the navigator shouldn't be getting so embarrassed by the stare. Those pretty eyes seemed to stare right through him completely, revealing all of his secrets. The younger boy hated that the other could make him feel so invisible, but he was glad it was the captain who could.

A very silent moan escaped from Sosuke when Sidney's hand remained. He was glad that his words didn't make Sidney flee in anger. He was even more pleased when Sidney agreed to continue sailing. He had wished it came from the whole crew, but it was enough to come from the navigator. His navigator. He was proud to have him on board the ship. Sosuke's eyes closed again, not realizing the shyness of the navigator. He was intent with feeling the hand on his head. Somehow he figured this was what it felt like for Sidney when he patted his head. He smiled to himself, thinking of the times Sidney brightened with the touch to his head. He wasn't whispering, but his voice was kept low when he spoke out. "Sidney, your hand feels really good."

Sidney chuckled lightly at the comment made by the other. "I assume that means don't stop," he spoke softly. He kept running his hand through the other's hair slowly. The room had fallen silent once more, but he didn't mind. He was fine with how things were going then, they didn't need to talk, they had already said enough. He felt the urge to touch Sosuke's face, though he ignored the urge, it still lingered in the back of his mind. He didn't know why he wanted to do such a bold act, but somehow he did. He didn't want to stop his movements, he just wanted to sit there, touching the soft hair of the bedridden man. He decided to break the silence after a bit, curious to know about the other. "What about me captain? Last night, you said you'd go crazy without my existence. That won't happen if I die right? You won't let it affect you either, right?" He wanted the reassurance that his death wouldn't bring anyone down like that, he would want to die without anyone bringing him down with their sadness.

Sosuke could have fallen asleep if it weren't for the sudden itch to talk. He hadn't honestly thought about his words from before, he just knew that they were true. With Sidney's question, Sosuke began to think. His eyes opened, again piercing right through Sidney. His voice remained low. "No, I won't be able to sail again. At least, not for a long while. Your existence, the crews existence, all of it is what makes me who I am. If I were to lose them, lose you, I'd be a broken man." His words never sounded so true before. They were his family, all that he had left in the world. But Sidney had completed it the moment he came aboard. He opened up the possibility of a life of fun while harshly sailing the seas. He kept Sosuke in check and watched over him secretly. Sosuke would never be able to live a life without Sidney.

Sidney pulled his hand away, puffing his chest in anger. "Not fair captain! Do you know how lonely I'd be without you if you died! I just promised to continue to sail for you, you have to do the same! Because it's not fair if I die and then you stop something you love so much! You've made my life better, made me feel whole by letting me on this ship, I wouldn't be able to keep my promise if you couldn't continue to sail if I died," he kept rambling on, his head going blank. He didn't know what to say anymore. He truly didn't want to think about dying or Sosuke dying. It wasn't bringing them anywhere but down once more, he could feel a fight rising in him about the other just giving up if one for he crew were to die. No one would want that. "If you were to die, you wouldn't even know how I'd feel. I would only continue to sail knowing you wanted me to, but a half of me would be missing. Sailing the seas wouldn't be fun unless you were with me. So I beg that if you're going to make me go through hell if you die, then you'd do the same if I died."

Sosuke felt betrayed when Sidney removed his hand from his head. But that feeling soon went away when he heard the bubbling anger voiced by his navigator. His eyes widened with each word, unable to hide the sting he felt from those words. He took a deep sigh when Sidney had finished, the room falling quiet for a good several minutes before either spoke again. Sosuke looked at Sidney again a small spark lighting his eyes. "Your right. I'm sorry Sidney, I didn't even consider that you might be feeling the same way. I truly am sorry." This time it was Sosuke's turn to to the head rubbing. Luckily enough his left side was on the end of the bed. He lifted his arm out and gently started rubbing Sidney's head. He honestly felt bad for the words he spoke. If he had to force Sidney into sailing after his death, then it only meant the same for himself. Although, he never hoped it would ever come down to that. "I really am sorry."

Sidney felt his anger vanish when he felt Sosuke's hand on his head. He realized how harsh his words were, how unnecessary they were. He let himself enjoy the feeling for a few seconds, before using a hand to grab the wrist, pulling Sosuke's hand away from his head. Instead, he put his free hand hand against his captain's, a frown forming on his face. He hated the thought of death so much, one day it might decide to take one of the two boy's, the young navigator trying to treasure every moment he had with the other. "Don't apologize, there's no need. I just don't want you to let my death over take you like that," he mumbled softly. He didn't move his hand from being against Sosuke's, studying the size difference. The other man had a larger hand, stronger looking, while the navigator's was thin and small. The act he made was bold, the younger boy not even knowing why he did it, but he did. Though he didn't mind, he wouldn't unless the other said something about it.

Sosuke thought Sidney didn't want him to be touching him any more. But he was glad that that wasn't the case. Instead of completely removing his hand, Sidney touched his hand to Sosuke's. The cool touch felt good against Sosuke's warm hands. Sosuke smiled at the young navigator, watching as he compared sizes of their hands. "Sorry, but I don't think I'll be completely able to control that." He noticed the expression Sidney shot at him, one that said he'd better or else. So he explained himself a little further. "I will continue to sail, I promise you that. And just like you I will be half the man I was before. But I won't have a purpose anymore, I'll only continue to sail as a shell of the man I once was." He kept his hand against Sidney's not wanting to remove it.

Sidney slid his fingers slowly between Sosuke's, intertwining them, listening closely to all the words spoken. "Then you must try to find something to complete yourself again, as I would too. Find something to make sailing as fun as it used to be," he mumbled. "Right now, we are still here together. M' not going to worry about it until it happens, neither should you. M' just going to enjoy the time with everyone, including you." A smile over took his lips once more, his happiness twinkling in his eyes. He started to think about all the moments he's already cabaret with Sosuke, and so many more to come. Death would never take away those precious memories, it would only make them that much more special. He would hold onto memories that no one else might have had, dead or alive. He wanted to just let everything they do have a meaning with it, no more fighting each other, it wasn't worth it. To the navigator, moments with his captain meant the entire world to him. The things he'd never trade in for anything. The pats on the head, the praises, the laugh and smiles, every little thing Sosuke did meant the world to him. He only started to notice now that he almost lost him.

Sosuke couldn't say anything. He had no idea what to say. How would he be able to complete himself again if the one who made him was gone? He watched Sidney as he intertwined their hands together. This action made Sosuke's heart beat faster for a moment, but it wasn't anything people would instantly notice. He smiled and gripped just a bit tighter to Sidney's hand. If he had both hands available he would have gripped both of them around Sidney's one. Instead with his left hand gripping, he brought Sidney's hand up to his forehead, resting it there. He whispered something that only he would have been able to hear before saying something just a tad louder. "I will try my best. I really will" He held Sidney's hand there, relaxing against the coolness.

Sidney's face was burning when the other brought the navigator's hand to his forehead. His heart was beating faster than normal, wanting to pull his hand away, afraid the other would somehow notice this. He left his hand so very still, feeling the heat from Sosuke's hand and head. "Trying is all I ask of you," he hummed. His free hand was playing with the seams of his shirt, unsure of what to do with the one fidgeting hand. His eyes wandered the room, hoping to find a distraction from the pounding of his heart. He felt like he couldn't breathe, confused why the hand holding that he initiated made him feel so flustered. Nothing could hold his attention for long, turning his eyes right back on Sosuke. His free hand gripped his stomach, an tingling coming from his stomach. It made him feel sick, afraid his nervousness was showing. His grip loosened, tugging his hand slightly, the other not letting go. "C-Captain, this is e-embarr... assing. L-Let go," he choked out. Was he weird because he felt so shy around the other? It wasn't normal, that was sure.

Sosuke had had his eyes closed, so he never noticed nervousness Sidney was feeling. He had kept his hand to his head and it wasn't until he felt a small twitch and the nervous voice of the navigator. He opened his eyes and instantly let go of Sidney's hand. "Oh, sorry. It..it felt good." He was a bit confused about Sidney's sudden behavior, not understanding why the younger male was feeling so embarrassed. His gaze watched him for a while, before letting the younger male off the hook. His eyes closed, and he rested it back against the wall. Not being able to get up or walk anywhere, Sosuke was very slowly starting to get tired. He hated the feeling really. He wanted to be on the deck at least, not stuffed in some small dingy room. But he'd listen to Doc and Sidney and stay in bed. For now.

Sidney held his breath until he was able to bring his hand back. Seeing the other's eyes lock on him, he panicked. He was being looked through again, he didn't want that. Sosuke was going to understand his odd behavior before he, himself did. He pushed his hair back with his fingers, relieved when the other stopped looking at him, closing his eyes. The young navigator just decided to brush this off as an admiration problem that made him so shy. It wasn't the best lie he could come up with, he never reacted this way when Sosuke had touched him in the past, he didn't see why he was changing to the touch now. He was, he was reacting so differently than he had before, his chest was so loud in his ears, he couldn't understand why. He sighed mentally, seeing the other was looking like he was about to fall asleep. The quietness would bother him a lot, but he needed a break. He needed to calm himself. He put his hands on his cheeks, they were burning to his cold touch. Did Sosuke notice these changes as well?

Sosuke remained quiet, he felt that if he began to speak, then Sidney would notice the stinging pain he was feeling on his chest. Not being able to move around was starting to put a lot of discomfort on Sosuke. Of course he wouldn't mention this to anyone. He could hear Sidney beside him still. Glad that he hadn't run off, he remained where he was. Although he wasn't actually looking at him, Sosuke could remember the flushed cheeks of Sidney. He thought that the younger male looked rather cute, although he would never admit. It was the first time he thought of anyone as cute. Even children and puppies weren't cute to him. It wasn't long before Sosuke had fallen asleep sitting against the in bed. The sway of the ship, and the quiet sounds of Sidney moving around made him comfortable enough to just let himself fall asleep.

Sidney made sure the other was completely asleep before running his fingers through the man's hair. He wanted to make sure to soothe the other, even if he was sleeping. The navigator smiled seeing Sosuke's sleeping face, something he never had the privilege of seeing before in his entire time of the ship. The man looked so peaceful, it was adorable to look at him. The younger boy wanted to hold the other, though it was impossible. Every though he was thinking was impossible, they weren't even okay. The navigator blinked a few times, pushing all of the thoughts out of his head, continuing to run his fingers through the man's hair. He was glad the other liked this when he was awake, it most likely was the equivalent to how he felt when the older man patted his head. The one gesture he enjoyed the most.

Many hours had passed while Sosuke slept. Many of the men returned for lunch, Sidney decided to eat the apple that he never finished. He didn't leave the room until the dinner bell, going to retrieve the older man's food. The doctor offered to take watch once more, the navigator declined, wanting the other man to rest for the night since he had not done so the night before making sure Sosuke was okay. The navigator was beyond tired, it'd be a struggle for him to pull two all nighters in a row, but it was worth it for his captain. He just didn't want to let the other man find out, knowing he'd be scolded for it. He carried the creamy liquid back to the room, finding out it was a porridge that they had madez he set the bowl and spoon on the desk, when he tried to wake the other up. "Captain, meal time! You already skipped lunch, can't skip dinner," he spoke in a loud tone, seeing it was affective to waking the other up. He gave a wide smile to the tired man, grabbing the bowl and spoon, sitting back down in his chair.

During Sosuke's sleeping, Sidney had begun running his fingers through his hair again. Subconsciously Sosuke turned into his touch. However this new position would put a kink in his neck when he woke up again. When Sosuke had woken again it was dinner. Some how in his sleeping endeavors, Sosuke had managed to lay on his back again. The kink was definitely there, threatening his neck with pain. He woke up once more to Sidney's bubbling voice. When he sat up to eat dinner he tsked as the pain in his neck pinched nerves and shot through his body. He would have to work that out later. He moved himself into a position where he could eat his dinner. He groaned from the stiffness of his body. He noticed it was the same food that he had that morning. Of course he had nothing wrong with that, the food was good.

Sidney raised a brow, seeing there was pain. He could ask about that later. "How was your sleep? You get to deal with me all night too!" He laughed, getting some of the porridge on the spoon, putting it by Sosuke's lips. "I found out this was porridge, I had no idea what I was feeding you this morning. It's nice to know now though." He was practically talking to himself as the other would, not giving Sosuke long enough of a break from eating to answer. He enjoyed being the one to feed Sosuke, it made him feel special. He didn't want to give the job to anyone else, liking that he got to do it. He kept feeding the other, until the bowl was cleared like in the morning. Leaning back, he set the bowl on the desk. Now the other would have a chance to talk without being interrupted by having the spoon shoved in his mouth. Sidney tapped his feet, his bubbly mood back once more. The feeling from earlier had dissipated, allowing him to get himself in a happier mood. Their conversations were serious at first, which had made him a bit upset listening to them. But he got to learn more about his captain, happy he listened. He was still confused why he made such a bold move to hold the other's hand, the young navigator assuming it was in the heat of the moment.

He watched Sidney as he sat in the seat once again and brought a spoonful of food to him. "To be honest, I've never slept so deeply." He took a bite of the porridge, not realizing those were the last words he'd be able to say until the food was done. He sat back against the wall once more when Sidney put the dish down. "The cook certainly makes some good food." He smiled, feeling refreshed now that he had some food in his stomach. He could vaguely make out the roar of the crew members eating in the eating quarters. He missed eating with them, laughing with them, and if he didn't get out of this bed soon he'd go crazy. Suddenly he felt the urge to get up and relieve himself. But how was he going to get up with out announcing it to the world. Or well, just Sidney. He looked over at the navigator. Yeah, he definitely wasn't going to get by him without saying anything. "Sidney, I need to get up. I need to go."

Sidney nodded, pursing his lips. "You can go, need help up? Though, you have to promise to come back to the bed or I'll get the cups next time," he laughed. He loved being able to tease the other, nothing too upsetting he hoped. He didn't wait for the other to respond before helping him up. This much the other was allowed to do, but he wouldn't allow for anything else or they'd both get scolded by the doctor this time. The navigator wasn't in the mood for lectures, so he was going to try and make the other hurry as fast as he could. Though it wouldn't be very fast, the wound would make his movements a bit more slow, taking a wrong step could cause a lot of pain. He knew that could be he case so he had to be careful with the other. Though he hated to admit it, Sosuke was still in a fragile state. One they both would hate a lot. The younger boy didn't mind helping out, it was just having the other cooped up was driving them both crazy. He needed sleep, Sosuke probably wanted to move, none of that was happening for awhile.

He was pleased to hear that he was being given the okay to get up and go. He thought how funny the situation had turned for him. He managed to move himself to the edge of the bed, even with the slight discomfort he was feeling. But when it came to standing up he allowed Sidney to help him. It was a slow process he really didn't want. But if he stood up to fast the wound would probably rip right open, with the skin stretch and pulling too quickly. He had to stop half way, letting a couple of sharp pain pulses shoot through him before continuing to stand. When he was finally standing straight he groaned. This was going to take some getting used to. He smiled down at the navigator. "I'll be fine from here." He pat the top of Sidney's head as he walked away, leaving to the little room in the medical room they used for such uses. Sosuke made sure when the ship was built for him originally he had a room such as this. It wasn't perfect, but it did its job for being on the sea all the time. By the time he returned to the room his discomfort level had nearly vanished, he even managed to rub the kink in his neck out enough to at least move it a little more. He walked back towards the bed, hating the fact that he'd have to get back in. He looked at the navigator. "How long are you and Doc gonna keep me locked in this room?"