Open Sea [Private RP YellowPerch and Raycu]

YellowPerch

Sidney got a bit red when the other leaned down to close to him, my his heart skip. This might have been out of the anxiety that there was a spot and Sosuke just found it, be he was relieved that instead there was a kind of praise there. "Aye captain. This is just to make up for the work I missed earlier when drawing the map, when I finally got up here, it was mostly finished," he laughed, his words breathy. He continued to work, stopping to look out at the sea. "So many places to explore, eh captain." He didn't want the conversation to stop, he wanted to find a way to keep it going. He was becoming selfish knowing the other talked to him all the time. He had no right to become this greedy with the conversations, other crew members had a right to speak to the man just as much. His eyes shifted back to the railings, finishing the cleaning. After he had deemed them to be completely spotless, he stood up straight, leaning a bit over the railing to just stare at the sky that was on top of the sea. He never got tired of seeing this sight, it was the one he loved the most. He was glad he and other people to share it with as well.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YellowPerch

• Raychu

"You weren't getting away with not doing anything though. Making a map is more work then the cleaning is." He gave a small smile and a wink to Sidney before looking out at the sea. The way the sun touched the surface made it worth sailing for years on end without making roots on land. He heard Sidney speak to him from the side and caught him leaning over the railing, he too looking out at sea. "Aye, there really are endless possibilities out here. And thats what has kept me out here for so long." Sosuke then decided to lean over the rail as well, catching a small group of dolphins just out in the distance. By now the rest of the men were piling on to the deck. With the cleaning already done, the rest of the day would consist of the crew hanging about until they were needed or until they fell to the deck floor in a drunken state of exhaustion.

Sidney looked over at Sosuke when he spoke. "None of us will rest until you do, none of us will get bored of sailing until you do. You are what keeps up going," he spoke softly. He knew some of the men had seen other captains who were much harsher and less loving towards their crew. The navigator felt lucky he ended up with the best one there was. The other men started to file on deck, causing him to pout. The quiet moment with the captain was over, but he didn't mind. He could go play games with the orher's since there was nothing for them to do. But first he had to make sure he didn't have anything left to do either. "Captain, is there anything else you need from me? Be honest," he teased. He knew sometimes Sosuke said there was nothing to give the navigator a break, but he would rather get everything done at once than have to take breaks in between. It made it a lot easier, and a lot more time was for relaxing when you finished. One time he had found out into the middle of the night he needed to write down coordinates and draw a map, it could've been done beforehand, but it was kept quiet about. It was a lit night that night, he was just getting used to drawing maps as the new navigator as well. Now he's so used to doing it, time flies by.

Sosuke watched as men started to form their groups. Some formed for card games, some formed to start drinking and some just lounged around. Despite the love he felt for his crew, drinking so early in the day was one thing he didn't tolerate. He scowled at the men. But before leaving he answered Sidney's question. "That's it for the day. Unless something happens then you can go ahead and rest with the others." He patted Sidney's head like always and allowed him to leave first before Sosuke trudged over to the group of men starting to drink. To some he'd be seen as lean, but to the of his crew he was bigger, giving him the strength they believed he had. Sosuke stopped at their feet at glowered down at them, raising one eye brow once he had caught their attention. He wouldn't rightfully punish his men, but a good stern talking to always kept them in line. He had no problem with them drinking at night, but he was not about to have his men drunk before the dinner bell and unable to comprehend the ship being bombed by another or they were just passing out and falling like flies.

Sidney nodded, heading down to play a game of cards with the other men after the gentle patting he was given. The navigator joined them, getting his set of cards. He laughed softly seeing that some of the men were getting a lecture from the captain about early day drinking. Sidney never really drank day or night, he felt odd trying to even join the men. He usually went to just look out at the sea. Maybe tonight he could try again, wanting to be able to join in on the fun. He felt like he was treated like the kid of the bunch, not liking that feeling. The gestures Sosuke used was one thing, but he just felt oddly like a child to everyone around him. He was never good at poker, he just played whatever he remembered, getting tips from the men around him. He didn't win any rounds as he played, deciding to fold in and just watch. He learned better from watching them than trying to do it when he didn't fully understand the game. After a bit of watching he got bored, leaving them to their own thing. He saw the captain was back by the ship's wheel alone, deciding to join his company once more. "Captain," he called out in a cheerful tone, walking over to his side. "I think that the waves are okay for a bit, nothing is looking like it's going to cause rough sails."

Sosuke had finished lecturing his crew mates and was now standing once more by the ships wheel. He enjoyed watching his men interact with each other. He felt an overwhelming feeling of protection for them when ever he did. Sometimes he hated it, he knew sooner or later this protective feeling would cause trouble from them. But it was something he knew he'd never be able to get rid of. It came with the territory, so he thought. He was looking up at the sky, watching birds and clouds pass by, when Sidney called out to him once more. "Aye, the sky seems to be cooling off a bit, but by what I can gather ran won't be coming for another day or two. By then we should almost be near the next harbor." He looked over at the navigator who was watching him closely.

Sidney looked up at the sky when Sosuke had looked over at him, feeling awkward that he was staring at the other for so long. "Ah, the sky is much clearer than before, barely even any clouds," he murmured. The navigator looked back at the other, a wide smile spreading across his cheeks. "It'll be nice to have smooth sailing for a bit. The rain should pass us when he dock next." He leaned against the railing the wrapped around ship's wheel to protect it, letting his eyes wander the sea. It was calming for him, to just watch the hours go by, the sun's reflection on the blue water, reflecting a pretty light. "Ah, captain! Is it alright if I join you and the others tonight for drinking?" The words tumbling out of his mouth before he had time to properly think it over. If he was going to ask anyone, it would be Sosuke, knowing he would want to get permission from him first before trying to enter the small circle they had. Though, he didn't mean to be so bold about his words, but he just laughed it off. Waiting for the answer to be given.

Sosuke was watching over his crew when Sidney suddenly spoke up about drinking. To be honest he never considered the reason why Sidney didn't drink with them. But after hearing him ask if he could made him think about it. He looked over at Sidney as raised a brow, then asked "Don;t tell me you weren't drinking with us until now because you thought you weren't welcomed?" Sosuke thought he just wasn;t much of a drinker. Unlike most of the crew who had been drinking for several years already, he thought Sidney just didn't like it. He sighed and shook his head. Not in disgust or disappointment, but at the thought of him not knowing more about his crew. He looked back at Sidney, making sure he knew exactly what he was going to say. "Listen to me Sid, you don't have to ask to drink with us. Hell, just grab a mug a down one or two of them. Don't worry about asking to join us." He fell quiet, watching Sidney's expression.

Sidney looked back up at the sky, trying to make shapes with the clouds. "Not unwelcomed, just perhaps shy," he chirped. He drinks feel a bit unwelcomed, but he was more shy to join them. He felt odd with how you young he was compared to the others, never have dranken anything in his lifetime so far. "Aye. Though I only think I'll down a half of a mug. I don't want to end up like the other men when they finish drinking." He laughed, looking over at Sosuke, catching his gaze. He was glad he could talk to Sosuke with such ease. His cheeks felt hot when the intense gaze was on him. "Is there something on my face captain?" He felt around his faced thinking some of the chowder from lunch had gotten on him without noticing. He usually didn't make messes when eating, so if he had something it would be one of the first times. He didn't feel anything around his mouth, he didn't know what else could be on his face that the other was looking at so intensely.

Sosuke hadn't realized how much he was watching the other male. He had been listening to the navigator speak and caught him looking up at the sky. He suddenly felt that he couldn't look away from him no matter how hard he tried. Luckily he was able to snap out of it when Sidney started rubbing his face frantically. Sosuke let out a laugh at the scene. "Ah, sorry about that. Its nothing, your fine." He went back to looking at his crew noticing that most of them were now gambling on a game of poker. Maybe he'd join them later. But right now he was rather comfortable standing here talking to Sidney. Out of all the crew members, Sidney was the closest to him in age. SO he could share a lot of interests with the navigator. "Think we'll need any other supplies? I'd rather not have to dock again for another several days." He looked back at Sidney noticing how his cheeks still hosted a slight flush of red.

Sidney stopped when the other states he was fine. He as confused why the other had such an intense gaze on him, it felt odd. "You should've told me sooner!" His lips formed into a pout, but only for a minute, laughing at his childish actions. His cheeks still felt quite heated, though he wasn't sure why. He shouldn't be so embarrassed, it was just Sosuke, he should be used to being looked at by the captain. The navigator dropped his eyes to his feet, trying to cool himself off. "Ah, we should probably let the cook grab some more food for the making then. I need more sheets of paper. I guess that's about all we need for now, not much else has been used up." The navigator looked over at Sosuke once more, locking a gaze with him. It only lasted for a second, the younger boy immediately changing his gaze to the other men on the ship. He usually wouldn't look away from that stare, the man's eyes calming, but he just felt so flustered that it was impossible to hold the gaze. He hoped the other did not get curious about his actions, not I sling how he would explain them without sounding weird.

Sosuke nodded in agreement with Sidney. "More food is definitely top on the list." He hadn't removed his gaze upon the navigator and even when he looked back at him, only to look away again, Sosuke did not look away. He could hear the men laughing and yelling in the background. But somehow he couldn't look away. He had to stop, he was surely going to come off as weird to Sidney if not some of the crew members. He looked out at the sea once more before looking back at the deck below. Now seemed like a good time to join a game of poker. But he didn't want to leave Sidney in an awkward place, so he remained where he was.

Sidney needed to find an excuse to leave the other to his own. He just felt himself going stiff, which was odd, never having felt this embarrassed around the other. He had been around the other for most of his life on board and never gotten so flustered over being stared at. "I think I'm going to go lay down, I'm feeling a bit sickly," he mumbled. He waited for the other to respond and excuse him to the crews quarters. He couldn't blame it on being sea sick when the ship barely rocked, but he could blame it on a deficiency of some sort, just needing rest and some proper nutrients. Though a nice long nap sounded wonderful, making him excited to get one. He noticed everyone was on deck which meant he'd get another quiet while to himself, not having Torrey about being woken up. He shifted his gaze back to Sosuke, forcing himself not look away, seeing the other had taken his gaze off the young navigator.

Sosuke wasn't sure how to finish their conversation, now that he had ruined it. He felt bad when it finally fell silent. Something he never thought the bubbly energetic Sidney would fall silent when not working on a map. When Sidney decided that he was going to lay down due to feeling sick, Sosuke knew he'd done something to cause him to leave. He didn't blame him, anyone would turn away from someone else if they were staring at them so much. Tonight he needed a good drink. He was glad to have bought the best rum he could from the last harbor they docked at. He looked at the navigator with some sort of sad, sympathetic expression. "Aye, its better you rest up before making it worse. Get Doc to look at ya before you rest." He let Sidney know he was excused to go where he wanted now. Although he didn't want him to leave, he knew Sidney would feel better if he went to lie down.

Sidney felt bad when the other looked at him with such an expression, the navigator could tell it was meant for more then just him saying he was sick. The younger my bad just abruptly ended their conversation to go lay down, perhaps he made the other feel at fault. He needed to fix this, Sosuke did nothing wrong. He was the one acting so odd just because he was being looked at. "Aye! Don't look so down captain! It's just a bit of the sun getting to me, too much heat can make one ill," he chirped, smiling widely, patting the other's arm lightly. He never really touched Sosuke, but he seemed so down that Sidney needed to cheer him up somehow. He felt a little disappointed he was excused without the normal patting he usually got. He only skipped slightly, heading towards the small room meant for the doctor, wanting to make it seem as real as he could, not wanting to make the other more upset if he found out the navigator faked the sickness.

Sosuke watched Sidney leave. From the moment he reassured with his smile again, to him touching the captain's arm, all the way across the deck, and finally to the door scenting the medical room. Sosuke made sure that the docs room was the most easily accessed room upon the whole ship, making sure no matter what time of day or where anyone was, that room would be the easiest to get too. Sosuke felt forlorn when the sight of the navigator disappeared. There was nothing he could do about it though. He'd rather suffer with loneliness then watching his family fall ill in front of him. Sosuke took this time to join in on the poker games. There was no use in depressing himself out over it. Sidney would be back sooner then he hoped and bouncing all around him.he smiled to himself at the thought.

Sidney ended up having to drink a white liquid that tasted horrid. His face scrunched up when he drank it, but it was meant to help with sleeping, something he needed to do at the moment. The young navigator hoped that sleeping would clear his head of any excess thoughts, or odd feelings that invaded his mind. He never acted in such a manner, his was out of his normal ways. Once he had chooses down the medicine, he left, seeing Sosuke decided to join a poker game made him smile. He admired how well the man could play. He decided it was best to go lay down, the medicine acting fast. He went to the crews quarters, climbed on his bed, and closed his eyes. Letting the exhaustion and medicine put him to sleep.

Sidney woke up, his body aching from being so still for a long period of time. The medicine always put him in catatonic state. He climbed off his bed, heading out to the main deck. Seeing no man in sight, and that the sun was setting, he assumed they were in the eating quarters. He decided it was best not to eat, the disgusting liquid always killed his appetite when he took it, a normal side effect. He sat against part of the ship, looking up the dimming sky. He loved the sky when it set, it blended into so many colors. These kinds of scenes made his trips better each time he saw one.

Kai had seen Sidney exit the medical room and head for the crews sleeping quarters. Whatever medicine Doc made him take clearly was already taking affect, Sidney looked as drowsy as a sloth did. He watched without notice until Sidney was clearly out of view. When he returned to the game it was like a bomb had exploded on deck. The men all called out, many falling off their barrels. "Cap'n' are you serious!? How do you when each time!?" Sosuke had thrown his cards on the table and burst into laughter. "Play me and weep boys. You just need to learn how to think outside of the box."

By the time a second round was finished, cook was calling for dinner. Then sun had started setting and it was getting darker slowly. The only good thing about being in the open sea. The sun stayed higher in the sky, instead of hiding behind trees and hills. While everyone else chose to go down and eat Sosuke stayed behind, realizing that their course was set for a blunder with some sea rocks. Nothing for everyone to worry about, and with Souke's steering he'd be able to move the ship away from the rocks and still stay on course. When the ship had finally passed the rocks Sosuke noticed a shadow enter upon deck. He couldn't very well tell who it was, but since he came from the crew quarters he just figured it was Sidney. When Sidney had settled to look out over sea Souke decided to he'd go and ask how he was feeling. "Sid, how are you feeling now?"

Sidney jumped a bit in surprise when he heard Sosuke's voice, thinking no one was around. "Oh! M' feeling better, just a bit tired is all," he laughed. He stood up, brushing off his pants of anything that might have collected after the cleaning. His wide smile returning to his face once more. He truly didn't feel sick anymore, meaning he felt normal being around Sosuke once more. "Don't need to worry no more! Doc said I was right, it was just the heat." The navigator felt like his odd behavior was due to the heat, and that's why he was acting so weird, the sun was crying his brain then. He put his hands against the railing, leaning a bit out. "Now it's nice and cool. Captain, why are you not eating with the others?" He was confused, he was sure it was meal time, maybe the captain just finished first this time without the younger boy being there.

Sosuke smiled at Sidney, glad to hear he was feeling better. It was normal for crew members to get heat stroke out at sea. With nothing but the shadows of the mast and the endless reflections of the sun. Some men could go crazy in such conditions, especially if they weren't experienced sailors. He watched Sidney as he jumped to his feet, wiping off his pants and leaned over the railing. Sosuke was definitely glad to see him smiling again. When Sidney asked why he was still here out not eating with the others Sosuke looked behind the ship, just barely able to see the evaded rocks. "Ah, crash course with some rocks." He shot a grin at Sidney then. "Nothing to worry about though." He himself then leaned over the railing, knowing very well he'd probably get some little lecture from the navigator.

Sidney glanced over at Sosuke, pursing his lips. "Did you tell anyone? I'm guessing you didn't, which you need to do. Even if it is something as minor as sea rocks," he hummed. Sosuke did this once before and ended up getting them steered off course, so the young navigator felt obligated to scold him a little bit about it. He grabbed the captain's arm, pulling him towards the eating quarters. "You need to eat if you're finished then." Trying to pull Sosuke was quite the challenge for the younger boy, it took all the strength and energy just to pull him a few steps across the deck. "Hurry before the cook decides to dish out and seconds and you get none! You need to maintain well fed or sickness will surely claim you." Unlike the young navigator, Sosuke was able to eat at the moment, he shouldn't waste the good oppurtunity of eating. "I'll be up here to make sure we stay on course and that we don't run into anymore sea rocks!" He was trying his hardest to make the other man go eat, wanting him to not get sick because of the lack of nutrients he was taking in. It was never good to skip a meal, especially when you were on the sea.

Sosuke rolled his eyes playfully upon hearing the lecture. Sure that last time was his fault and sure they lost their course, but that was because it was unexpected. This time he was able to see it well before they came close to the rocks, which meant he could find their course again just as soon as he evaded them. When Sidney tried pull Sosuke towards the eating quarters he couldn't help but laugh. It was quiet the feat watching the smaller male pull him along. Even though they weren't all that much different in size. He stopped himself just at the stairs to head to the eating quarters. "Sidney, I'm fine. I'll just eat more for breakfast." He chuckled and started ruffling Sidney's hair.

Sidney started laughing when the hand came in contact with his hair. "Fine! But it's not my fault if you get sick because you skipped another meal," his voice cheery. He was really becoming so greedy about feeling that hand, when Sosuke had started he never wanted it this much. The hand felt so nice that he wanted it to stay there forever, it was so comforting, he always was disappointed when Sosuke would stop. Though he would never express that, he just had to deal with it. He didn't always need to be the center of Sosuke's attention, he needed to stop wanting that so much. "Now m' more tired than before. Your fault." The young navigator leaned against the captain, closing his eyes. He wouldn't fall asleep standing up, he just needed to close his eyes for a second to try and regain some energy.

Sosuke kept his hand in Sidney's head while he cheerfully lectured the captain. He didn't exactly know what made him want to always be this close to the navigator, but he always wanted to stay close to him. If weren't for Sidney coming aboard this ship, he'd probably be living a more boring life. None of the other crew members tried to talk to Sosuke like this. He was glad for the close friendship with him. Sosuke could see Sidney falling tired again, and he deemed himself correct when the navigator gently leaned against him, resting his eyes. Sosuke chuckled, his upper body making Sidney bounce just a little against him. Sosuke kept his hand on Sidney's head, but instead of the rough ruffling he did, Sosuke was gently running his fingers through the navigators hair. He hadn't actually realized he was doing so, it just seemed natural to do it at the time. "Sidney," Sosuke whispered to him. "If your till tired then go back to bed. No one will say anything against it if you do."

Sidney mumbled incoherent words at first, just enjoying the gentle touch. After a minute he opened his eyes, but he didn't move from leaning against Sosuke, the touch felt too nice to just move away from. "Mm, no. Not a chance, I have to stay awake to drink with you," he said as he yawned. He was lucky he even woke up before they started drinking, he wasn't going to waste the oppurtunity to finally drink with the rest of the crew for once. "I'll be fine, I just got to wake up a bit. I can sleep after I drink." He finally pulled away from the touch and the other as he stretched his arms upward. He rubbed his half closed eyes, opening them fully. "I'm completely fine. I don't need to sleep yet." He leaned against the railing once more for support, his legs feeling a bit wobbly from letting his brain shut down for a bit.