<3 Promises beyond Time <<hal7283 & mik3la>>

Guest mik3la

Meian was so focused on the project and doing his job that he didn't noticed the other staring. He would never notice anyone staring if his mind and eyes where focused on something. Some might call him an air-haid, but he didn't mind. He was what he was and that was it. He already was considered an outcast or a freak because of his haircolor but he got used to it. Most not when he had another friend with whome he could share that with. They were the monochrome duo. And so they gained a little popularity and was better than before. So he was thankful for Hikaru to show in his life and accepting to be his friend. 

"Oh dad , can you make your pasta? They were really good last time" said Meian lifting his head from his notebook to look at his father. "Thank you" he shouted smiling returning to his work. He then noticed that Hikaru wasn't writing anything down so he checked on him. "Hey man, are you good?" he said placing his hand on the others arm. "Want me to get you some water?" he asked looking worried as the other was turning a little redish on the face. 

Keiko nodded to his kid and went to the kitchen. He managed to keep it cool and not act all stupid like before in front of his childs friend. Either way it felt rather awkward. His heart was pounding in his chest, not giving him a rest and a rush of nostalgia floaded through him. Shaking his head he tried to concentrate and focuse on the dish and the preparation. He took out the pasta, sos and puting a pot of water on the fire to let it boil. In the mean time he decided to chop some tomatoes to have them on the side. 

"I'm fine Meian. Thanks for asking." Hikaru said as he tried his best to calm himself down. Just what on Earth was wrong with him? Every time he saw, or even think about Meian's father he would get all flustered and nervous. As much as he seemed to dread even being in the same room as the older man, part of him also seemed uncontrollably attracted to him, almost as if... he was in love... He quickly shook his head as he tried to get that thought out of his head. "No... it can't be..." he thought to himself. He was never one who beleieved in things such as love at first sight, much less love at first sight with the father of your friend. But what if he really did fell in love with the older man, someone who he didn't even get the chance to ask his name yet? Hikaru simply had to made sure. 

"On second thought... I think I could use a little water break. Don't worry I'll get it myself." Hikaru said as he got up from his seat and left he living room, soon finding the older man standing at the kitchen counter chopping vegetables. After taking a deep breath Hikaru said: "Hi there, umm.. so may I have some water?  And... is there anything I can do to help?"He looked around the kitchen and found himself struck with a strange sense of veja vu, like the way everything from plates, pots to condiments and such just seemed so familiar. Like if Hikaru ever get to have a place of his own and have a kitchen, he'd arrange everything like this, even down to the brands of the products just seemed to suit his taste perfectly. He then asked: "Oh and... sorry sir but I don't think I've actually got your name. Seemed a bit werid to be enjoying your hospitality and don't even know it." 

Meian nodded to his friend understanding and continued his work before checking one more time his friend walking to the kitchen. He didn't seemed to be feeling odd or anything so that was confused for him as well, but didn't thought much about it and kept working. 

Keiko almost chopped his finger when he heard the boy's voice that sturttled him making him take a deep breath and sigh before turning with a gentle smile on his face.

"Sure, one second" he said opening one of the kitchen cabinet to take a glass and then opened the fridge to take fresh water and pour into the glass. He did noticed that the other was studying the kitchen and checking the place out but didn't say anything. He had arranged the kitched as he used to have it with his lover in their former apartment. Everything was just the same, not much changed. Maybe just the wall color. 

"Here you go" he said reaching out the glass to the boy, keeping his breathing steady and his emotions well hidden. "You don't have to worry about helping me. Pasta is really the easiest thing to do. So no help needed but thanks for asking" he said smiling. And just when he was about to return to chop further the vegies the boy asked for his name. He paused for a moment not able to let that strange feeling from his chest fly away but he tried to speak either way. 

"My name ... " normally he would say his family name as everyone was calling him that. Or Meian's dad or something like that. But he repleyed with : "My name is Keiko and don't mention it. It's my pleasure" he turned to the side and smiled gently, not knowing what to do as it was an awkward feeling and moment. It was the least he could do to someone who had the same name as his former lover and soulmate.

"It's nice to meet you Hikaru" he continued saying and it felt like a knife pierced into his heart when he said the name. It was painfull but he mananged to cover it with a very light and unnoticeable frown. "Thank you for being Meian's friend. He needed someone to lighten up his school life" he added genuine thankful for that. As he knew how hard it was for his son growing up with just a father and with his strange appearance but that was what made him special. But at least his son had someone who he could count on besides him. 

The water started boiling so Keiko had to walk pass him which made his heart pound louder in his chest almost letting him out of breath. He frowned this time leaning on the counter not understanding what was happening. It was like his heart was trying to say something but it was not understandable. Could it be really ..... is that even possible? he thought as he turned the fire at a lower heat and turned looking at the kid. For fucks sake he was the same age as his son. How could that be his lover. It was too much of a twist. 

"Hikaru..." he said breathing deep as he said the name again. AS the boy turned to look at him, Keiko stepped closer standing right in front of the guy. The boy was a little bit shorter than him so he looked down in his eyes, trying to maybe find a glims of his former lover. Maybe a sign, anything. But there was only his reflection. It was like they where drawn closer and closer. IT was unexplicable how he felt and how everything was turning to be. But they were only inches away from touching their lips when ...

....."Hey dad, how long till the pasta cause i'm hun-..-gry" said Meian as he reached the doorway of the kitchen and saw them both. 

When Keiko heard his son's voice it was like a splash of freeze water and stepped away from Hikaru, turning to his boiling pasta. 

"Around 10 minutes son" he said with an awkward smile on his face. Even at his age he blushed feeling like he was caught in his teenage years doing something that he shouldn't have. IT felt so weird. 

"What's going on?" asked Meian looking confused at his dad and friend. 

"Nothing. He came for a glas of water and i gave it to him. Then he said that he had something in his eye and i was helping him. So its nothing" said Keiko shrugging hopping that his kid would believe it. And in his naivity, Meian believed that. 

"That's why you were so zoomed out earlier?" asked Meian turning to his friend. "You could have told me. I could have helped too. Tst... come on, let's clean the table and set it up for dinner" he said tapping his friends shoulder heading back to the living room. 

Keiko was glad that Meian didn't thought anything weird but he couldn't explain it either what it was. It felt strange and powerful, drawning them both together like magnets. He never felt like that before for anyone else except his Hikaru. Not even after his death he didn't felt like that for anyone. That feeling was unique. 

"Thanks for the water sir." Hilary said as he took the glass from him and then pretty much poured the while thing down his throat. He was so preoccupied by the older man that he didn't even realize just how thirsty he was. "Keiko.... Keiko Sayuri... Keiko..." Hikaru muttered the name quietly as if wanting to let the sound sink in. The sound felt familiar, it felt warm, like a spell or charm that soothes the nerves and ward off evil. But at the same time it seems to fill him with fear, with dread, with guilt. It made him feel like a kid who got caught for playing a prank, or perhaps more like a criminal who was being sentenced for a horrible crime. When Keiko thanked him for being Meian's friend he shook his head and said: "No, it was in who should thank him for being my friend. I myself are not exactly good at befriending people and Meian has really made my life a lot better."

Hikaru put the now empty glass down on the counter before turning his gaze back towards Keiko, and was surprised to find him slowly approaching him. He looked up nervously into the man's eyes and once again his heart was drumming out of control. Why was Keiko looking at him like this? His gaze seemed filled with passion, filled with pain, sorrow and longing, so much so that it made Hikaru's heart ache, as he realized that Keiko wasn't really looking at him, but looking at someone else through him. How he wished that those gaze were for him and him alone, and yet, he was somehow equally relieved that Keiko wasn't really looking at him. 

And then once again but was Meian who helped to break the awkward silence between them. "Ah.. yeah right.... Your dad was... Helping .. me.." Hikaru said awkwardly as he decided t roll with the excuse Keiko came up with. Not really sure what to make of the whole situation he decided to play along. "Now how about I help set up the table?" Hikaru said as he looked around the kitchen and reached for one of the cupboards. "Is this where you keep the plates?" He asked while opening the cupboard door which just so happens to be where the plates were kept. 

The rest of the night went on in a similarly awkward mood, especially when Hikaru and Keiko shared a room. Somehow Hikaru and Meian managed to finish most of work for their project after dinner however and eventually Hikaru decided to call it a night. He bid farewell to Meian and Keiko and soon was on the bus back to the school campus where his dormitory was. And thus, it concluded the fateful night when Hikaru Hoshino and Keijo Sayuri first met, or so it should have.

Several hours latter in the dead of the night, someone suddenly rang the doorbell of Meian and Keiko's home, and it was none other than Hikaru who looked likea total mess. He had black dust and dirt all over his body and was missing a shoe. He was carrying a small back pack which was similarly messy. "There was an... Accident at the dorm and everyone had to get out.... I think nobody was hurt but... I wanted to call and ask first but I think I left my phone in there... So... If it isn't too much trouble may I stay for the night?"

After the day was done, Keiko had wrapp everything up, cleaning the kitchen, table and living room together with Meian as they would always do. He didn't spoke anything about Hikaru and neither did Meian asked him what he thought about his friend. He was glad about that. 

Once he got in bed he couldn't take his mind away from the boy and the way he looked at him and didn't pushed him or move away when he got closer almost kissing him. That was rather strange behaviour for a guy, but then again, maybe he was feeling the same way? That there was an unspoken atraction between them two? Shaking his head he turned and looked at the picture he had with Hikaru, frowning at the idea of even seeing the guy romantically. He felt that he would betray his former lover. That wasn't his Hikaru. It was just a boy that resembled him a lot and because of his sorrow all those years , he was seeing his Hikaru in that boy. That was it. Nothing more. 

His thoughts where interupted by a knock and a doorbell ring at their door which made him very confused as it was pretty late. Checking the clock it was showing 2 am. Who could that be. Both him and Meian went downstairs and opened the door only to see a messed up Hikaru standing on their porche asking to spend the night at their place. 

"Jesus Christ man. What the hell happened?" said quickly Meian taking his backpack and helping him inside before Keiko could even process what was happening. "Are you alright? You 're a mess." started Meian as they walked back in the living room, pointing him to sit on the couch. 

"Do you need to see a doctor?" asked Keiko after he closed the door and joined them in the living room. "Of course you can stay here. We have a spare room for guests upstairs so that wont be a problem" he added still concerned. His nerverse where on high alert as if this was his former lover and was attacked by demons. He was trying to shake that thought and feeling away as that story was long over. 

"Thanks Meian, Mr Sayuri. I really appreciate it." Hikaru said weakly as he stepped into the room, he followed the two towards the living room and slowly sat down on the couch. A deep, long sigh of releif leaked out of his mouth as he slowly allowed himself to sink in into the cushions. He was clearly still a little shaken, and as Meian asked him what happened the memories gradually began to resurface....

It was deep into the night and Hikaru was restless. Physically speaking he was tired from all of the work he did with Meian, but his mind was racing like hell and seemed determined to keep him awake. He simply couldn't get Keiko out of his head. Keiko. Keiko Sayuri. Meian's father. Despite the man being two decades older than him, he had certainly maintained his youthful appearance quite well and looked at most at his early thirties. His handsome face; beautiful black hair; pleasant, manly scent; magnetic voice; not to mention those mesmerizing, soul snaring eyes, everything about the man seemed tailor made to drive Hikaru mad. As much as he seemed to dread even being in the same room as the older man, there was also a part of him, a rather large part of him, seemed to desire him beyond reason. 

"Hmm... unn...." Hikaru moaned quietly as he reached down and found his manhood pressing against the restraints of his underwear, throbbing, pulsing, desperate for relief. Looking down he freed his shaft from the fabric and was surprised himself to see just how hard he was. "What on Earth is wrong with me." He thought to himself with self-loathing. While he wasn't religious, nor was he intentionally practicing abstinence or anything of that sort, he'd always found such physical urges unpleasant. He always felt something off when he had to relieve himself and as such had never even entertained the thought of getting intimate with someone else. But the very thought of Keiko just burned him up. He took his erection firmly in his grips and began pumping it feverishly, all the while imagining himself making out with Keiko. He was surprised to find his imagination rather vivid and detailed, even down to the feeling of the man's intestines wrapping around his own manhood. 

"Hnn.. ha... n.. Mr. Sayuri..... ha... Keiko...!" Hikaru moaned a bit louder as he pleasured himself, then suddenly he felt... something, something that chilled him to his core to the point that his earlier passion was completely gone. He jolted up from his bed with eyes wide open. He could feel the goose bumps crawling all over his skin as a shiver traveled down his spine. "What the hell was that?" He thought to himself as he looked around the room, and as his gaze moved towards the window he saw something, blurry shadows, silhouettes, clashing in mid-air. He could hear the roars which seemed deafeningly quiet and loud at the same time. He could even feel the emotions, joy versus anger, hunger versus frustration, the intend to kill. Then something came flying towards the building, something invisible yet very much tangible. It crashed into the floor above his room and then an explosion followed. The next thing he knew he was running down the stairs with whatever stuff he managed to stuff in his bag along with the other students living at the dorm in panic. 

"There was an... explosion. I think it might have been a gas leak or something..." Hikaru muttered. He decided to leave out the part where he saw those strange shadows, as he didn't quite understand what he'd just experienced, let alone explain it to someone. Hikaru turned towards Keiko whose presence now seemed to have a calming effect for Hikaru and said: "I'm not harm, just a bit startled I guess... and messy. I bumped into this guy who was escaping the burning building with a potted plant and got dirt all over myself! Strange how different people prioritize different things in emergencies, like... I get laptops or wallet, but a plant? On second thought... that plant kind of looked like marihuana so maybe that's why.... Anyway I'd appreciate it I could borrow the shower, and maybe some fresh clothes cause I left mine in the dorm and they're probably dust by now." 

Keiko and Meian listen carefully as the other explained to them what had happened and how he got in that situation. Both were shocked of what had happened but Keiko was more sqeptical than usual. On one hand that was a very plausable thing to happen in a dorm for students as there was gaz from the cantine but then again, at that late hour all of a suddent to happen it was very strange. It was not thant he didn't belived the boy or anything, Keiko thought that there was more than meat the eye and that it was a possibility that there were other things involved. He knew them too well, but his house was protected from anything as he performed a cleansing and protecting enchantment at the beginning when they first moved here. 

"Sure, not a problem. Let me go and get the bathroom ready for you and Meian will get you to the room and fetch you some clothes from his closet" said Keiko standing up heading upstairs thinking about it. Maybe it was nothing from his suspition but then again it wasn't a bad thing to be cautious. He learned that on his own. Setting the watter to warm and making sure the bathtube was well fulled , he prepared towels for the boy. 

"Let's go Hikaru" said Meian walking his friend to his room, searching for some change clothes to give the other and then showed him the room in which he would sleep, setting his backpack on the chair near the window. "If you need anything just come to me or dad. You don't have to worry about anything now. You're welcome here" said Meian smiling as he tap his friend on the shoulder and head back to his room. 

Keiko exit the bathroom leaving the door open as he walked to the guest room knocking on the door. "H-..." he paused for a moment taking a deep breath as it was hard for him to say that name again. "Hikaru the bathtube is ready. You can go in and relax and then go to sleep. I'll be in my room if you need anything" he sigh turning and heading in his room, closing the door not wanting to bother the other and neighter to bother himself. His heart started pounding again as he layed on his bed looking out the window, trying not to think that the guy was in the next room and soon was going to take a bath. The same guy that he was about to kiss in the kitchen earlier today. The same guy that was same age as his kid and was his friend. God, this was so messed up and fucked up at the same time. 

As time passed by, Keiko couldn't sleep. The simple thought that the other was in the same house with him and only a few feet away from him was making his skin tingle. In that moment he saw something flying around his window which made him frown. Carefully he stepped out of bed and moved closer to the window checking outside. Everything was looking alright. There were only the lights from the street and the ones from some police car driving in the neighborhood. Nothing special, so maybe it was only a bird or something. 

He returned back to bed, wanting to get some sleep but it was hard. He just layed in bed with eyes open, looking at the window and the walls. His back was at the bedroom door and faced the window. 

Hikaru followed Meian to the guest room and set his things down. To be honest the place was nicer than the room he had in the dorm. Soon after Keiko came by and told him that the bath was ready. "Thank you guys. I really appreciate your help." He said as he bowed to the two in gratitude. Afterwards he took the clothes Meian got for him and headed straight for the bathroom. He took off his dirty clothes and stepped into the tub, then slowly sat down and allowed himself to get enveloped by the hot bath. He let out a long sigh of comfort when he lied down completely, pretty much all submerged under water with the exception of his face, his silver hair floating around him. I treally has been quite an eventful day, first he seemed to have fell in love with his best friend's dad on first sight, then his dorm got blown up, and now he was spending the night under the same roof as Meian and Keiko and soaking in their bathtub. Is there any possible way for this day to get more dramatic? Hikaru certainly couldn't imagine it. It didn't take long for Hikaru to start to doze off and his consciousness began slipping away...

Hikaru had a dream. In this dream he wasn't Hikaru Hoshino, but rather someone else, someone who looked, talked, and acted pretty much identical to him. But there was one crucial difference between them, as this other "him" had someone else at his side, someone who he cherished, someone who he held dear, someone who he loved more than anything in this world and in terms loved him more than anything in this world. Or at least, that was supposed to be the case, as Hikaru somehow found himself alone in the dark, standing in an unfamiliar place. Where was he? No, more importantly, where was his love? His Keiko? Thankfully the two of them shared a special bond and he soon sensed his lover's presence. Step by step, he began walking towards him, the sound of water dripping could be heard at his wake but Hikaru didn't mind, not really. All he cared about was getting back to Keiko's side.

The door slowly opened and it was none other than Hikaru Hoshino standing at Keiko's door, but clearly there was something strange about the young man. Aside from the fact that he was but naked and drenched in water from top to bottom, his eyes were also half closed and unfocused like he was sleep walking. He looked around the room with his empty eyes and as he turned to Keiko he showed a sheepish smile: "Keiko... I've been looking for you... Where've you been?" He said as he walked towards the bed and pretty much fell onto the older man. "Keiko... I've missed you..." He whispered quietly before falling asleep completely. 

Keiko was almost half asleep when his room door was opened and turned to see a naked Hikaru, dripping wet walking inside his room acting all strange. "Hikaru?" he said as he turned around and looked closer to him but as there was dark in the room he couldn't see how the other was actually acting and that it looked like he was in a trance. What it did surprised him was what the other was saying. Looking for him? But he was in his room only for for half an hour. Was he feeling bad? 

"Hey wh-at..." but the other fell on top of him and saying weird things and then fell asleep. He blinked a few times in surprise as he couldn't understand what had happned with him and why he acted like this but that wasn't a reason to wake him up. Sighing he walked to get the clothes his kid prepared for the boy and returned with a towel as well into drying his body and get him dressed. Once that was done he moved the boy  on the dry side of the bed and covered him with the blanket looking at him as he was sleeping peaceful, thinking about what the other said as he walked in his room. 

This was so messed up. His kids friend in his bed. How will he explain this? Brushing his hand through his hair as he was tapping his hand on the others shoulder like he was keeping the rhythm of a song, more for comfort. After a few minutes he stepped away from the bed and went to the guest room and layed there in bed. He finally fell asleep late in the morening. 

The next day he woke up really early as he couldn't sleep much. The event that happened last night with the other was still bugging him. He got up and went downstairs to prepare his coffee and some breakfast for them three. It was the weekend so he wasn't going to wake the boys up yet, leaving them rest. 

"Umm... nn.. where... where am I..?" Hikaru groaned as he yawned and opened his eyes, finding himself in an unfamiliar place. It took him a moment to remember what happened last night and that he managed to find refuge at Meian's place. If he recalled correctly Meian showed him the guest room and yet this place looked different. How did he even got to bed? The last thing he remembered was getting into the bathtub and then... and then... 

"Holy shit! What did I do?!" Hikaru bolted up from the bed as he rushed out of the room, looking down the hallway he confirmed his suspicion. He quickly made his way downstairs and made his way to the kitchen, finding Keiko there preparing breakfast he said "G... good morning sir and... sorry about... well, last night..." Hikaru's face was burning up from embarrassment as he explained: "I've had these sleepwalking problem ever since I was little. It's mostly harmless and it's been years since I had another incident... Sorry for all the trouble I caused you...." 

Hearing noises he thought that Meian had woken up but given the rush of coming downstairs it was clear that it wasn't his kid. Meian was too lazy to rush like that after waking up. Turning to place the plate with goodies for breakfast on the table he chuckle at how the other was embarassed , finding him rather cute in his way of talking. "Its fine. Nothing happened so you don't need to worry about it" he said pulling up a chair for him. "Hungry?" he asked as he moved to the counter taking the other plates out. The information the other gave him made him think even more about the incident and what he had said and how he had said it. It was like ... it was like ... no, that cannot be, right? he thouth frowning for a moment then took his coffee siting at the next chair available. 

"You said you had them since a kid? Do you remember what you're doing or saying?" he asked curious to see if maybe it was all fake or he could be half awake in those moments and not completly dozzen off. There where casses of both scenarious. Although the first one would mean that he liberatly did it but the second one was making him something else. All that had happened since yesterday. The feeling of them being drawn together, his heart race which right now was still steady but not quite. The incident at the dorms and how he acted last night. It just didn't fit well with him. Plus the shadow or what he thought of being a shadow on his window but it was one of of a bird. 

"You can talk with me. I wont judge you or anything its just ... this never happened to me before and is good to know how to handle this stuff it they will happen again" he said being all normal and grownup as he should be and not act like a teen in heat like before. His blood was starting to rush through his beins and his heart pounding a little. But with steady breath he was able to keep himself calm. 

“Umm well.. yes I'm hungry... Again thank you for being so kind and understanding." Hikaru said as he sat down at the dining table. Picking up the knife and fork he quickly began digging in. When Keiko asked him about his other incidents Hikaru smiled timidly and said: "Well I could never recall what I did when I was sleepwalking so everything I'm about to tell you is from other people's accounts. Back when I was in the orphanage... oh, sorry did Meian ever tell you about my past? So yeah I grew up in an orphanage and back then I would often just.. get up in the middle of the night and wander around the place aimlessly, and whenever anyone ask me what was I up to, I would answer that I was looking for someone. And then one night apparently began talking like those people in the history dramas, you know, like how people talked hundreds of years ago or something? One of my friends at the orphanage told me that I claimed there're ghosts haunting the place and I've sent them away. I'm sure they were just exaggerating to make fun of me. But things did get better after that and I stopped sleepwalking, well, that's until last night." He let out a heavy sigh and said: "They say that stuff like tiredness or fever could cause sleepwalking, so I guess it's the stress from escaping a burning building catching up on me? I really hope it won't happen again.... speaking of which..."

Hikaru turned to look at Keiko and asked: "I know it's a bit much to ask, especially after what happened last night and all the trouble I caused you... but would it be possible for me to stay here before I could sort everything out? I would pay the rent and help out around the house when I'm not at school or work." 

Keiko listen carefully as the other began to tell him his story. He shake his head in a 'no' sign as Meian didn't mentioned that and neither did he asked as that wasn't important. He wasn't judging a person by his family but more like by his principles and beliefes. Taking sip after sip from his coffee as he let the other tell him what had happened back when he was young he frowned a few times at the mention of specific things. A different way to speak, cleansing a place out of ghost. There where too many coincidence that were slowly linking him to his formere lover. Could it be that it happened already? That the spirit submerge the circle of life and Hikaru actually reincarnated faster this time? Was it really a possibility. Sadness, sorrow but also hope were battling inside his chest, hurting his heart. He wouldn't be able to surpass this if it wouldn't be true and he was afraid to accept it.

He didn't say anything until the boy finished explaining his past. There was still another gap. There had been no incident since then until now. So what was different now? That was a question he had to find out for this boy's health first of all and also for the rest around him. 

"You can stay here on one condition" he started checking the boy out thinking if he really wanted to know the truth. Ever since he was with his lover, he began to want to investigate more and find out the truth behind it and help if possible. 

"Did something else happened at the dorms?" he asked keeping eye contact with the other. His heart was started to race, but his breath was slower. 

Hikaru was caught off guard by Keiko's question. He looked into the older man's eyes and felt like they could see right through him. While normally Hikaru would have second thoughts about talking things like this with someone, for some reason he just felt safe with Keiko. He trusted Keiko when he said that he wouldn't judge about his sleepwalking earlier, and he doubt the man would suddenly change his mind and start judging him right now. After taking a deep breath Hikaru said: "Alright Mr. Sayuri... the truth is... I was awake before the explosion happened. I couldn't sleep because, well, that's not really important. So I was laying in my bed when I had this strange... feeling... like it was chilling me to the bones. I looked outside the window and saw what looked like... shadows in the air... Then something came flying towards the dorm building and crashed into the floor above mine and that caused the explosion. I think those shadows were... fighting against each other, and then it was a stray shot that ended up causing the explosion cause... if those shadows wanted to kill anyone in the building I doubt anyone would've got chance to react and escape...."

After filling Keiko up with what really happened last night, at least from his own perspective, Hikaru lowered his head. It looked as if he visibly shrunk a size as he curled up a little in his chair and said weakly: "You must think that I'm crazy... and to be honest I think so myself. So if you don't want a crazy person living under the same roof as you and your son I understand... I just need a place to stay before I could move out."  

So it has been shadows after all. And possible what he saw last night before Hikaru came into his room sleepwalking was also one. After all this years, why would they show up again. Could it be because of this guy? Could it be because of them both? He still had left some energy from back when he fought Magatsu, but he hadn't seen them till now. Looking at the boy how he shrank in the chair, his chest clentched. He didn't know what was actually happen. And how could he explain everything. 

"Hei ..." he said laying his hand on top of the others making him look back at him. God, how much he looked like his Hikaru. He would love to have him by his side again, but a reincarnation this fast was not possible. This guy was just a doppleganger of his lover, he was lying to himself. The moment their hands touch it was like a warm wave has flowt through him, feeling like a brush of light. Frowning he looked at him again. 

"I don't think you're crazy. You're just capable to see stuff that normal people cannot. You're gifted but given the fact that you had been all alone your whole life, there was no one there to teach you. You have the power of sight that allows you to see the shadows. Some are bad some are good and you just need to guide them to cross over. I know is much to take in but, that's what you saw. Now, i don't know why they started to show up again, but you're not alone" he added smiling reaching out with his other hand to lift his chin. Another electric shock rush through him, invizible to the eye. 

"You're not alone. You have Meian and now you have me who can protect you and guide you if needed" he said locking their eyes together. Are you really myy Hikaru? Even though this would be weird as fuck given the age gap, but if you're really you .... oh god my love ..., he thought as he leaned closer. 

"You are protected here" he added touching his cheek being only inches away from his face, keeping his gaze. There was again. That flush of atraction between them. Or at least he had it. "Do you trust me?" he whispered.

"I'm... capable of seeing things?" Hikaru muttered in surprise as he looked up at Keiko. For a moment he thought that Keiko was simply saying things to comfort him, but the conviction in his words made Hikaru think that Keiko was speaking from personal experience, that he not only believed him about the stuff with weird shadows fighting, but perhaps he was also capable of seeing these things. He felt his heart filled with joy when Keiko said that he was not alone, and both Keiko and Meian would be there for him. "Yes... yes I trust you.." Hikaru said as tears began forming in his eyes. He laughed a little embarrassingly and said: "Aha.. sorry that you had to see me like this but... there's just something about you Mr. Sayuri. Has anyone told you that you're a great at comforting people?"

Hikaru wiped his tears and turned his attention back to the breakfast in front of him. Every bite seemed to filled him with more warmth and for a moment he wondered could this be what having a family feel like. After he was done eating he took the plates to the kitchen and said: "I have class in the morning and have to go to work at night, so I'll be back kind of late, I hope you don't mind that." 

Keiko was happy that he made the other understand that he was not alone and that he too was able too see those shadows. He returned to his coffee as the other continued saying that it felt good to talk with him and also the comfortable energy he was giving. That brought a smile on his face thanking his former lover. 

"Thank you, but its all thanks to one special person that showed me how to be like this" he said sipping from his coffee, getting up to prepare another one for his kid as it was the time he would wake up. 

Hearing the other saying that he had to go to class and work he looked at him curious. Work he understood but school on weekends? That was strange. 

"I know nothing about school on weekend. Meian never told me that" he added looking at him confused and trying to figure it out. "No, of course i don't mind just .... be careful. If anything call Meian or here ..." he said taking a piece of paper and wrote his phone number on it. "You can call me directly" he said smiling assuring him that it was okay to call him if he saw other shadows and felt to overwhelmed or anything. He was going to protect him. Guess his guarding days were turning back. 

"Ah, no it's not part of our colleague program. I'm actually taking some writing classes on the side. It's something I'm working on." Hikaru explained as he walked out of the kitchen. He took the piece of paper with Keiko's number on it and smiled: "Thank you sir. But don't worry I can take care of myself. If anything you should tell Meian to be more careful cause he could be a little... you know." After that Hikaru went up stairs to grab his bag pack and soon came down stairs once again: "I'll be going now Mr. Sayuri. See you latter~" He waved towards the older man before opening the door and headed out. The rest of the day went on normally for Hikaru. He went to the writing class in the morning then spent the afternoon in a library, then he headed to his place of work which was a  24 hour convenient store and did the night shift. By the time he returned to the Sayuri household it was already past midnight. He stood in front of the door and hesitated when he reached for the door bell, as he felt bad for having to bother Meian or Keiko to open the door for him so late. Eventually though he mustered enough courage and then pressed the button, flinching a little bit as the ring sounded particularly loud in the tranquility of night. 

"Have a great day" he yelled back to the other as he left the house. Now that he was alone he had time to think about all that the other had told him. He was pretty sure that Meian didn't know about the part that he could see shadows or whatever those were. But he never hearf of shadows fighting like that with eachother so this was kind of new to him as well. Either way he found it odd that after all this time he started just now to feel their presence and even see them. Ever since Hikaru came in he started feeling strange. bad and good. Like, he could now feel that there was something out there roaming in the shadows but at the same time he felt an incredible atraction towards the other along with dispair, longing, relief and love. He just couldn't explain what it was but he couldn't deny it. He was atracted by his son's friend. He had problems. There wasn't a problem with age as the gap was still acceptable, plus, he wasn't looking his age, he looked much younger. 

Soon Meian woke up and came downstairs to eat asking about Hikaru and how he felt. As they talked Meian thanked his father for taking him in their house after only meeting him one time. Even if Meian knew him for a long time, with parents you may never know. But he was glad that his dad was so acceptable and empath with people around them. 

To run the day Meia cleaned the house along with his dad, spliting the chores to make it more eficient for both of them. And they did finish in less time than usually. They watched some tv then Meian decided to go to his room play on his computer and then crash to sleep. 

Keiko was still in the living room, taking a nap, or more likely he fell asleep while watching tv when he heard the dorrbell rang. Checking the time he knew already who it was. As he walked to the door he yawned and rubbed his eyes. 

"Come in Hikaru" he said a little sleepy still rubbing his eyes, closing the door after the boy gott in. Then he turned to check the stand at the entrance searching for a spare key for the door. It was much easier and practical for the other to have his own key while he was staying with them. 

"Here .... its more efficient if you have one as well" he reached out the key to him smiling half asleep. "This is your home as well so use it" he said turning to walk up the stairs and then stop. 

"You have food in the fridge. I've packed it so you can just heated up in the microwave and eat it. Hope you like green beans with chicken. I'll head up. If you still need anyting let me know" he smiled gently and turned walking up the stares. "See you tomorrow love" he said not really aware what he just said as in his half sleepy mind he thought he was dreaming of his former lover and was his usual self. 

When the door opened and Hikaru saw the clearly sleepy face of Keiko he was filled with so many contradictory emotions, on on hand he felt guilty for having woke the man up from his sleep, but the feeling of being welcomed home after a long day of study and work just felt so... warm. "Sorry for waking you up, and thank you." Hikaru said as he entered the house, his eyes followed the older man curiously wondering what he was up to, then when he was offered a key to the house Hikaru was completely caught by surprise. "Uh.. ah.. th.. thanks...?" He took the key in his hand and stared at it in disbelief, less about being handed the key but more due to what Keiko said about this place was his home, even though he knew Keiko was just saying it out of politeness. It was incredible just the smallest gesture of kindness coming from Keiko could create a storm of feelings inside him. But what Hikaru didn't know was that Keiko had just began. 

"See you tomorrow love" 

"Ah s.. see you tomorrow, Mr. Sayuri..." Hikaru managed to squeeze those words out of his frozen brain as those words echoed in his mind: "See you tomorrow love. See. You. Tomorrow. Love. Love. Love? LOVE? Did he just call me... LOVE?!!!!!" By the time his brain finally finished rebooting his face was already burning up and his heart racing like he had just ran a marathon. "Ha.. hw.. wh...wha... I... wha...?" He muttered incoherently as he tried his best to calm himself down. Quickly his mind was able to come up with a plausible explanation, since Keiko was clearly sleepy, perhaps part of his habits when conversing with Meian somehow slipped out? Like how some people would call their teacher mom or dad by mistake? Yeah that must be it, there could be no other explanation. Could it? Keiko did came awfully close to Hikaru as if he wanted to kiss him the day before....

Hikaru shook his head and quickly burried the thought before he could think too much on it. The man was nice enough to welcome him into his home, the least he could do was to show him some proper respect and not drooling over his dashing good looks, mesmerizing eyes, magnetic voice and saintly personality. He went to the kitchen and found the food Keiko and left him in the fridge and heated it up. After eating that and cleaning the dishes he went upstairs and took a quick shower before heading to bed. This time he didn't walk around in his sleep and woke up around 11 am next morning. Yawning as he walked out of the room he walked down the stairs to see if the other two were there. 

Keiko didn't realized what he had said. He was too sleepy to even understand what he was doing. All he did was remotly and from habbit, especially when someone was looking the exact way of his former love of his life , of which he was separated for so many years. 

The next day Keiko was still sleeping as he felt more tired than ever. Maybe he needed some time off work and go on a vacation. But he couldn't let his kid alone and unprotected. he would eventually have to take Meian with him to keep a close eye on him and, given now the circumstances, take Hikaru as well. 

Meian got up pretty early this time as ever and went in the kitchen to find Hikaru. 

"Morning man. Why so up early? Got work to do?" he asked rubbing the back of his head still yawning looking around for something to eat. "Hugh ... dad didn't wake up yet. Guess he's tired" he said checking the fridge to get some milk and then some cereal from the counter to prepare a small breakfast. "Want some?" he asked pointing at the cereal and then setting another boul for Hikaru as well. 

"I wanted to ask you ... if you don't have anything planned for today if you can stay at home and watch dad? Like, not leaving him alone in the house" he said playing with his food. "I need to check something at the library and ...seeing him how he has been working and dealing with the house for these past weeks , i just don't feel like leaving him alone so ... if that's okay with you and you don't have plans of course" he continued talking feeling embarassed to ask his friend for that. But he had no one else to rely on. 

"I promise i won't be long " he finally said looking up at his friend. 

Ever since a few days he started to feel a little strange and saw some strange things outside his window and felt the urge to look into it. There was something out there that he never understood but all his life he saw his father rather careful with him and kept him safe even though there was nothing. So he just wanted to make some check ups about thinngs that he experienced but never told his dad and what had happened. He didn't talked about this with Hikaru either as he didn't want to freak his only friend away, especially now that he was staying with them. 

“Is it early? I don't know I just woke up naturally." Hikaru said as he walked towards Meian and smiled apologetically: "Yeah I woke him up in the middle of the night when I came back from work. Probably didn't get a good sleep because of that." He nodded at Meian's offer and smiled: "Yeah I'd love some."  As he sat down across from Meian and began enjoying his bowl of cereal, he was rather taken aback by his friend's request. After a brief moment of pause he said: "You want me to... watch your dad? Sure I don't have anything in my schedule today, and I certainly don't mind hanging out with him. So... yes I guess?" He couldn't quite understand why was Meian concerned about his father, but he wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to spend more time with Keiko, regardless, or perhaps exactly because of the complicated feelings he had towards the man who he'd really just met. 

Hikaru pulled himself out of his thoughts as he turned his attention back at his friend Meian, he could tell that there was something bothering him and perhaps that was why he was worried about his father? That being said, given the fact that Meian didn't bring it up he decided no to press the matter, and besdies, it wasn't like he had no secrets from his dear friend. Reaching out across the table he held Meian's hand and said: "Alright Meian, I'll keep you dad company while you go ahead and do whatever you need to do. But if you ever feel like talking about it, you know where to find me." 

"Thanks man. I really appreciate it" he said happy smiling as he continued eating, finishing his cereal bowl. "If you need anything you can look into my room. Like books to read, you can watch Tv in the living or whatever. Is not that dad is not capable of being alone, he's not a small child its just that ... i'm worried. He's not like himself lately" he frown thinking how his father started having insomnia and would loose himself in his thoughts more often than normal. 

Cleaning his bowl and then the rest of the kitchen he tapped his friend on the shoulder. "Then i'll see you later. Promise i won't be late" he smiled, taking his backpack and his bike and off he was heading to the public library. All the way to the library he felt like he was being watched which was kind of impossible cause there was no car around him and a person couldn't be fallowing him as he was on a bike. That would mean that person should have been on a bike as well but ther was non. That was really weird but it wasn't the first time he felt like that. 

Reatching the library, he parked his bike in the designated area and then entered the building. It was silent and there were around max 10 people in it. There weren't many around libraries these days. They were not that interesting for some. But Meian had always liked the place as he found a lot of interesting books and not just the ones for school but for his free time as well. Being a strange kid it had helped him with ocupying his free time. 

Walking to the history shelf he started looking for a book about ocult in ancient history. Maybe it was dumb and it was just his imagination playing with his mind, but he defenetly felt something was strange and he just needed some information about this kind of stuff. 

Suddenly he felt cold air around him as he started to look around him but nothing was there. His heart started racing as he walked back to the tables checking every area in the wide room as he reached the info desk. The lady was reading something as he tried to call for her but she wouldn't budge. 

"What the ... Excuse me .... m'aam?! he raised his voice, waved his hands but nothing. The lady was still concentrating on her reading. "M'am are you hearing him?" he asked again but the lady still nothing. He then heard some fight noises coming from the back of the room , behind some shelfs. With his heart racing in his chest he walked towards the sound. It was like more people where fighting.  

Once he reached the corner, he saw a guy laying on the floor and three others  beating him up. They were all surrounded by dark mist, flowting around their bodies. Something was defenetly strange about them. Seeing the guy getting beat, made his blood boil, and ignoring every inch in his body that was screaming to run away he stepped out from the shelf to confront the guys. 

"HEI! Leave him alone!" he shouted frowning being prepared to fight. 

What Meian didn't know was that his father had put blessings in his neck that was protecting him from dark things. But Meina didn't know that. 

The three guys turned growling at the person that interupted them, exchanged a few looks and then rushed to attack Meian but they were thown away by an invisible shield around the boy. Meian looked amazed how the guys or better said the things flew in the air looking confused as well. 

"Forget him, just get him and let's go!" shouted one of them and before any of them could reach the guy on the floor, Meian rushed standing right in front of the guy and the light protected them both now. Those three creatures looked surprised but disgusted at the one on the floor , growled fiercefull and then flew away and out of the library. Soon Meian heard paper being fliped over sounds. It was like he was out of an hour glass and everything was back to normal. 

"Are you alright?" he asked turning and kneeling to help the other. 

"Alright man, I'll see you latter." Hikaru said as he finished up his own bowl of cereal while Meian headed out. Now left alone in what should essentially be a stranger's house, he somehow find himself rather at lease, The place really felt like "home" for some reason, despite the fact he never had a one. While he still felt some connection to the orphanage where he grew up and from time to time would visit the place bringing gifts to the staff and kids there, it was still a long shot from a proper "home". The second closest thing he had to a home would be the school dormitory but that building went up in flames the other day. The thought of home naturally lead him to thinking about its owner Keiko. He has yet to show the man his appreciation of letting him into his home and treating him with such kindness in any concrete way. What could he do to show his gratitude? 

Hikaru took his empty bowl and spoon towards the sink and quickly washed them clean. As he looked around the kitchen he saw the oven stove and a thought came to his mind. Soon he began looking around for ingredients and proceeded to create a batter for a banana cake and even put some chocolate chunks and nuts into the mix. Afterwards he put the batter into a loaf pan he found and put it in the oven to get baked. Once he went to the living room and turned on the TV and waited for the cake to finish. 

----------------------------------------

With the shadowy figures attacking him gone, Meian was now able to get a better look at the man laying face down on the floor in a pool of a strange black liquid that was flowing out of the countless wounds on the man's body instead of the normal red blood you'd expect. He was barely wearing anything aside from a large, ragged, sleeveless, red and black coat, and hidden beneath the hoodie was a rather handsome face with a head of deep blue hair. While nowhere near as thick and ominous as the shadowy figures before, this man also had a strange dark aura surrounding him.

Spoiler

SlV0SvE.jpg

"Umm... grrrrr........!" the strange man groaned in agony as he pushed his body up from the floor, he turned his piercing, ember gaze towards Meian and said: "A human? You... you saved me....? Why?" He quickly shook his head and said: "No matter. Hey you, since you decided to help me, might as well help me all the way, right?" Before Meian could even react the strange man grabbed him by the collar and pulled them close. He forcefully claimed the young man's lips and as his tongue intruded into Meian's mouth and mingled with Meian's own nimble organ. At the same time Meian could feel a sudden sense of fatigue as if his very life-force was getting drained through the kiss, and in its place a creeping, cold sensation spreading from his lips and traveling down his throat, through his veins, but that coldness quickly changed to a strange, almost pleasant tingle like he was getting massaged from the inside. 

Eventually the strange man pulled away from the kiss, and by then all of his injuries were gone, not even the puddle of black blood could be found on the floor. He said with a teasing smile: "Thanks for the energy kid. And sorry, you tasted so delicious that I might have taken a bit more than necessary. so you may feel a bit tired and lightheaded. But don't worry kid, given the huge reservoir of power hidden within you should recover in no time."

The strange man stood up and groaned as he stretched his limbs. He then looked down upon Meian and said: "Now I could just disappear and you'd never see me again, but I am a man of principles and since you saved me I am in your debt, and I always repay my debts. So, is there anything I can help you with? Some girl you wanna win over? Some guy you wanna get rid of? Having trouble with school or work? Or how about a huge bundle of cash? I can get you all these things, all you have to do is ask."  

• Like 1

Keiko soon woke up, more tired than rested. Checking the time and noticing that he slept pass his usual wake up time he frown as it was quite unusual. He was always up early. Not too early but still. 

Stretching his muscles and doing his morning routing he dressed up in a pair of long pj pants and a large shirt and went downstairs. As he was walking down the stairs he could smell the scent of food and it was rather good. Most defenetly wasn't Meian because he didn't know to cook much and most of the time when he was trying to cook something new he would burn the kitchen. So this was defenetly not Meian. So the only person left in the house would be Hikaru. 

Rubbing his eyes and yawning and as he pass the living room he saw the boy on the couch, which made him smile a little as his lover did the same from time to time. he entered the kitchen and saw the food on the stove. It did smell and looked good and his stomach was already grumbling for wanting to taste it. But he did his coffee first as he needed to fully wake up. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meian was surprised by the others appearence as he never saw someone like him before. The whole dresscode and the dark aura surrounding him did told him to stay away but at the same time he didn't seem like a bad guy and he wasn't hurt by whatever made the others dissapeare. 

"You were bullied by those .... things. I hate bullies and ... i thought to give a hand if i can" he answer to his question of why he saved him, shrugging. Human? Wasn't he human as well? No ... from the way those guys acted and the darknes surrounding him... he sure isn't human ... but what is he?

Hey you, since you decided to help me, might as well help me all the way, right?"

Meian couldn't understand what was happening. Everything moved so fast that he didn't realized that the man was kissing him until he felt the others tongue mingle with his, which made him groan at the sudden feeling as he tried to push him away by his shoulders. But the man was hard as a stone. At the same time, instantly, he felt his whole body fired up and a flow of energy leaving him and a sense of fatigue as if his very life-force was getting drained through the kiss, and in its place a creeping, cold sensation spreading from his lips and traveling down his throat, through his veins, but that coldness quickly changed to a strange, almost pleasant tingle like he was getting massaged from the inside. 

Meian couldn't understand what was happening but the feeling wasn't that frightened anymore. He kind of liked it. It was like something that he never felt before and he was intrigued by it. wanting to explroe more. But he didn't had the energy anymore for it to continue. 

When the kiss was brocken Meian fell on his but, needing to lean againts the wall to catch his breath and clear his mind that was foggy and to calm his racing heart. What the hell was that?? And why do i feel like this?

Thanks for the energy kid. And sorry, you tasted so delicious that I might have taken a bit more than necessary. so you may feel a bit tired and lightheaded. But don't worry kid, given the huge reservoir of power hidden within you should recover in no time."

Energy? what's he talking about?. Meian couldn't tell if the lighthead moment was at fault or he really didn't understand the guy before him. He was speaking verry odd and he didn't understand much of what he was saying. Not that there was a language barrier, more like a sense barrier. The guy wasn't making any sense, and nor did he. 

"Now I could just disappear and you'd never see me again, but I am a man of principles and since you saved me I am in your debt, and I always repay my debts. So, is there anything I can help you with? Some girl you wanna win over? Some guy you wanna get rid of? Having trouble with school or work? Or how about a huge bundle of cash? I can get you all these things, all you have to do is ask."  

All that talk from the other was making his head hurt even more. 

"Jesus , do you always talk this much?" he groan rubbing his forehead as he managed to get up, but still leaning on the wall as he needed the support still. He had to blink a few times before he could focuse on the guy. 

"I want you to explain what those things were" he said taking a deep breath managing to calm down his spinning head in one place. "I saw something like them roaming around my house a few times and i was going to check for them but not sure if i can find anything" he added looking the guy up and down and again the darkness surrounding him was still there but he had been able to touch him, unlike the others. "And from the thing around you, i'm pretty sure you can explain it to mee loud and clearly, better than some old books" he said pointing with his hand in the air, the darkness around him. 

"I'm Meian by the way. We can at least introduce us" he added leaning his hand forwards as normal people did. Although, in his mind, they kind of went pass that first meeting thing. They already went to first base. Kissing.  At that thought his cheeks were getting a little pink but wasn;t that noticeable. 

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.