<3 Promises beyond Time <<hal7283 & mik3la>>

Guest mik3la

Eventually Meian and Kyuya joined Hikaru and Keiko at the kitchen. Hikaru chuckled slightly at Meian's comment and said: "Yeah there's no NEED to hurry,nbut I figured that you must be quite hungry after all the exercises you did last night. You'll need all the energy you can get. Speaking of which, I do remember you complaining about us making noise at night but... You two weren't exactly quiet yourselves. I had to put a barrier around your room just so we can go to sleep."

"My apologies. I assure you it won't happen again." Kyuya said as he sat down beside Meian: "Frankly I don't intend to share his feet voice with anyone anyway."

"You hear that Keiko? Our son's boyfriend is quite a flirt!" Hikaru said in an overdramatic tone: "We can't let them best is at our own game. Come on, say something flirtatious to me." He then looked at Meian and Keiko's reactions before burst out laughing: "Just kidding guys. I'm just messing with ya. Now come on let's start eating already."

The rest of breakfast time went on rather amicably. After they were done eating Hikaru refilled his coffee and sat back down at the dining table. He turned towards Kyuya and asked: "Now that you two have patched things up, what's your plan going forward?"

Kyuya thought about it for a moment and said: "If you wouldn't mind, I would like to move in with you guys here. I've promised to be by Meian's side every morning."

"Don't ask me, ask him. He's the head of the household." Hikaru.sjrigfed before looking towards Keiko: "What do you say honey? You willing to the son-in-law to move in with us?"

Meian’s face turned a bright shade of red at the comment about them being loud and making all the noises. It was so embarrassing as he was remembering how the night went on for them and the type of noises they made, or better said, he made, that it made him wish that in that moment the earth to swallow him hole and hide himself underneath.

Still with his face burning red with embarrassment he turned his eyes to Kyuya who started to speak, apologizing for the fuss they caused and the added comment at the end made him groan as he covered his face with his hand. Now he really wanted to be sunk under dirt or earth or whatever possible, He never thought Kyuya will say something like that, only making him feel more embarrassed. His comment really didn’t helped his state. It was way to early to talk about stuff like this.

As Hikaru mentioned to his father to say something flirtacious to him, Meian’s head jumped up and looked shocked afraid to hear their lovey dovey talk. That was really not something that he wanted to know or hear in that moment. It it would appear that his father had the same reaction as they both didn’t expected that comeback.

A sigh of relief left Meian’s lips as he took a sip of the drink and then started to eat, starting to feel much better and just throw away the conversation that just happened moments ago. He was happy that during the breakfast no such conversation was back up and it was an enjoyable meal with the others.

When asked what was their plan Meian looked at Kyuya and back at his father shaking his head as he didn’t had a plan yet. But of course Kyuya found a first step plan which made Meian that was sipping from his glass chocke a little as she didn’t expect him to say to bluntly. But then again, the other was known for saying whatever was going in his mind without any filter.

Meian’s eyes moved from Kyuya to Hikaru and to his father , then back and forth at them as non of them was saying a word, just staring at each other.

All this time Keiko has kept his eyes on Kyuya, not letting him out of sight. During the breakfast he has been very attentive to his way of acting and speaking to Meian and to his discomfort, he could see how the demon was towards his son. The way he looked at him, the way he would throw a small smile. He knew this because he saw the same thing to his old self, back when he was a demon and got to know Hikaru in his previous life.

Taking a deep breath and sighing before speaking, he adjusted his seat a little keeping his eyes on the demon.

“Why would I allow such thing? For you to break his heart again and leave him into more pieces than he was before?” he started keeping his eyes on the other.

“Dad, that’s not …” Meian started but he wasn’t sure what he could say in Kyuya’s defense because that’s exactly how he felt at the time. “This time is different” he added lowering his eyes to his hands in his lap, playing with the edge of his shirt.

“Different how? He would give you promises. Act all lovely and then vanish with the reason that it is for you won good, leaving us to handle the mess you’re left in” he said frowning at the demon even if he was responding to his son.

What Keiko was trying to force here was to see the demon step up and defend what they had. To see that the other was ready to fight for their connection and stop running away.

“Dad please … he loves me” Meian said lifting his eyes to his father, trying to convince him that this time was different.

“Love you?” he scuff laughing. “My boy this is not love …. This is usage. He used you and now he tries to use you again for his own good and nothing more. A demon will always be a demon” he said in a harsh tone. He didn’t want to fight with his son, but seeing him defending him and not letting him do his own battles. That was something he wasn’t going to allow. If kyuya wanted to be on Meian’s side. If he was really loving him, then he needed to show it.

“Would you fight for this love? Would you die for this love that you so pretend you have for my son?” Keiko kept pushing.

“Dad please stop. That’s enough” Meian said looking to Hikaru. “Please stop this” he asked to the other but deep down he knew he will not do so.

“Then fight me” finally said Keiko to Kyuya. “I’ve seen you fight …. I’ve fought alongside you as well … But now … Fight me instead. And depending on that … I will decide if you are worthy enough to stay by Meian’s side … to keep him safe”

Meian’s eyes went wide looking at his father and Kyuya and then back at his father. “This is madness!” he said knowing that Kyuya was quite powerful and he didn’t want his father to get hurt. From what he could remember, he did saw his father fight alongside Kyuya but only very little before he had passed out. So he didn’t know how his father would do against Kyuya. And he didn’t want them to get hurt. Neither of them.

“Honestly now father, this has gone to far. What you’re asking is crazy” said Meian looking at Kyuya. “You’re not doing it. You hear me? Neither of you will do it. We will stand here and talk like normal human beings” said Meian keeping his eyes at Kyuya. “Understood?” but the other didn’t respond.

“Except son …. We are not normal humans” said Keiko keeping his eyes locked on Kyuya. “Right demon?” he added, showing a half smirk.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• 3 weeks later...

"No we're not, Mr. Sayuri. Nothing about us is `normal'."  Kyuya replied with a menacing smile. While he would prefer not to antagonize Meian's parents for many reasons, he wasn't going to back down and give up on Meian just because his father said no. He then said: "If you really want to fight then fine by me, but in truth I don't need your permission to stay by Meianas side since he is mine and I am his, and there nothing you can do that would change this fact. I only asked for your permission out of courtesy, and I could certainly do without it."

"Now hold your horses fellas!" Hikaru interrupted as he gave both Kyuya and Keiko a stern look: "Fighting aimlessly amongst isn't gonna help, and how is you beating each other up gonna prove anything about love?" He turned to Keiko and said: "Let's say you win against him, so? It only proves that you are stronger than him or he couldn't fight you with full power cause he worried about hurting you would hurt Meian's feelings. And what if he wins? What does that prove? He is stronger than you? Okay, sure. But does strength in battle equate to him gonna treat Meian right and make him happy? Nah. Not really. Not to mention the fact that if you are trying to test Kyuya's character as a parent thensbhoujdt I have a say in the matter as well? I mean... I am his best friend and his father too."

Hikaru paused as he slowly took a sip of coffee and said: "But if we fight a tag battle, that would be a much different story. Not only would it be a great training experience for Meian, it would also allow us to see just how deep the connection between them runs, and a glimpse of the bonds that they share. So, what do you think guys? A two versus two battle to put your relationship to the test?"

Keiko was about to snap back at the young demon for the way he was speaking in his house. The disrespect was something that he didn’t like, especially in his own house.

Just when he was about to speak, Hikaru intervened silencing him and the others, as he saw Meian was about to talk as well. But Hikaru had silenced them just like a bunch of kids that were scolded by their parent.

The situation was embarrassing. Keiko blushed a little and turned his head to the side, pouncing while he crossed his arms around his chest, not licking that he was treated like a child. But also, to keep away the fact that he found it attractive how the other spoked so stern.

He also didn’t liked that Hikaru did had a point now that he was pointing out everything and showing him that the idea of them two fighting was a dumb one. But he was the one telling him to do something about the other and that was the only thing that came into his mind.

Meian on the other hand was quite impressive by his friend/father and his logic as he was thinking the same thing. Guess I got the brains from that side of father…., he commented in his mind watching Hikaru making valid points and agreeing in everything what he was saying. But stumbled in his words when the other decided after the short coffee pause to do a tag fight.

“Wh-a… In both way someone can get hurt. Its not like simple training” he said looking at his parents and Kyuya. “You guys are not serious, right?” he said looking at all of them, thinking that he might be the only sane person in the room. But the silence and the stares the others were giving him, made Meian sigh and giving in.

“Fine … but just so you know … I will not be punished if I hurt any of you and vice-versa as well” he said pointing at his parents and Kyuya.

Keiko grimace but mumbled a ‘fine’ word before sipping from his coffee.

“Alright then …. Now first , let us eat and after” he said turning to his breakfast and coffee.

I don't know who is more crazier. You or my parents, he thought looking at Kyuya from the corner of his eyes as he was silently eating. 

"Well, now that's settled. Let's enjoy the rest of our breakfast peacefully, shall we?" Hikarur smiled before he resumes eating. He looked towards Keiko and could see that his dear husband was slightly upset by the turn of events. He then leaned over towards Keiko and whispered in his ear: "Thanks for letting me do a little parenting for once... How about I repay you with a little something tonight? It's been a while since I last took charge. Wouldn't you like that?"'

Despite the low volume of Hikaru's voice, Kyuya still managed to catch what the man was whispering thanks to his demonic senses. Deciding not to share that information with Meian for his own sake, he let out a soft with and sent his thoughts towards Meian telepathically: "Oh most definitely your parents. I'm 'crazy', for lack of a better word, because I am an actual demon. Whereas they are humans with life times of knowledge and experience, plus powers that would make most demons piss themselves. They're surely the crazier ones."

After they finished breakfast Hikaru gathered all of them in the living room and said: "Now let's go somewhere a bit more spacious." He closed his eyes and began casting the spell, and gradually the world around them began to melt away, similar to what Hilary did last night inviting Keiko into his mental realm. Soon the four of them were standing in the middle of an open grass field. Hikaru took Keiko's hand as he began walking away from Meian and Kyuya.

As the distance between the two pairs free further and further apart, Kyuya adjusted his position as he stood in front of Meian, several ghostly masks appeared out of nowhere and began floating around the two while he kept two of them close on each hand. He turned back to look at Meian and said to him telepathically: "I know you're not used to combat but I'll need all the help I can get to even stand a chance against your parents. I don't expect you to be able to do any extra damage, but could you try to distract them as much as possible?"

Meanwhile Hikaru was also discussing strategy with Keiko and said: "Obviously their weak point is Meian since he barely have any combat experience. Not to mention the fact that he is essentially Kyuya's portable battery. Removing him from the equation would certainly make defeating him easier. So how about we go full throttle from the start and knock Mean out from.the start?" Hilary chuckled with an almost menacing smile, as he clearly had no intention of going easy on his son/friend. He then said: "I mean as long as we don't deal a fatal blow, everything can be fixed with a simple healing spell."

“Why do I know feel it like a reward when you’re putting it like that” he said in a whisper back, smiling at the idea and also teasing the other a little. He took advantage of him and taking over the whole fight thing.

Meian on the other hand chuckled at Kyuya’s words in his mind but tried to mask it with drinking his cup of juice. But then again, the whole fighting thing was something that he didn’t liked. HE had seen his parents fight and somewhat of their powers. He wasn’t that good yet and his parents had advantage on that.

After the meal, everyone stretched their backs getting ready for the promised training match. Meian looked at the new realm that his friend/father put them in, making his mouth drop for a second and then close immediately. He really wasn’t as strong as them but he soon threw that thought away to keep a clear mind and link with Kyuya.

Meian looked at Kyuya when he spoke to him telepathically and nodded. “I’ll try my best to help you out. Although I think they know that you rely on my powers so most probably they will try to get at me. There you will have your distraction, but I am not sure how much I can hold them away from me” he send back telepathically to the demon while he was channeling his inner energy powers that started swirling around him and Kyuya as wel.

On the other side Keiko was listening to Hikaru, approving on his plan. “I will still keep an eye on the demon. Our son is not weak so don’t underestimate him” he said smirking at his lover, feeling proud of his son.

“He may seem weak and not fully prepare but is because he chooses that. I know what I have trained him and he is no light fighter” he added looking at those two in the distance and back at Hikaru.

Once they've pulled sufficient distance between the two groups, Hikaru grabbed Keuko's hand and pulled it close, and with a short enchantment allowed Kruko to pull the sword of light out of his chest. "Watch and learn Meian. Watch and learn." Hilary smiled as he opened his arms and a sphere of light occurred between his hands.

"Go Keiko, I'll cover you!"  Hilarious exclaimed as swarms of birds made of light flew out of the sphere and began flying towards Meian. Seeing this Kyiya conjures up his floating masks and controlled them to intercept the incoming flock. The masks were able to restore the little birds with ease, but there were simply too many of them for Kyuya to block.

"Watch out Meian!" Kyuya said as he moved to engage Keiko. He had two floating masks, one of demon and another of God, floating in front of his fists, using them as both brass knuckles and buckles to punch and block attacks while the remaining makes floated around Meian protecting him from the swarm of birds. He could only trust Me I am that he would.be able to protect himself from those he couldn't block. 

And so the match began. His parents versus them. Meian saw the flickering light that Hikaru was enchanting and he saw his father draw a sword from inside him which left him speechless as he didn’t expect that. Was that what they had used against his uncle? He couldn’t remember in that moment.

Keiko had stepped closer to his partner and pulled the sword so easily like he had done it so many times before. Instantly he felt the power overflow in his veins and it was like old times, ready for action.

Everything happed so fast that Meian only heard Kyuya’s scream at him to pay attention to what was actually happening. Thankfully, Kyuya had been quick and send the masks to protect him but he couldn’t let him do his fights. With a motion of his hands he coordinate the flow of light and darkness to swirl and combine together forming a barrier around himself, dissolving everything that Hikaru was throwing at him.

“I’m fine. Watch yourself” he said sparing a glance to the other and seeing his father attacking him.

Keiko on the other hand, once he got his signal he charged at Kyuya, swinging his sword left and right trying to hit Kyuya but the demon was more faster than he calculated. A smirk of acceptance of the challenge appeared on his face as he stepped forward, starting a dance with the other of strikes and dodges.

Meian thought to do something to help the other as well and protect him too. Concentrating again while keeping the shield around himself, he enchanted the light to flow and protect Kyuya forming a barrier between him and his fathers hits, while the darkness remained with him and took shape of spike tentacles attacking Hikaru this time, while still protecting himself. It was a lot to do at once and keep concentration in all places but he had to do it.

Keiko looked at the sudden glow around the other that stopped him from piercing Kyuya and looked at his son, feeling proud of him, but this wont do it. Focusing on the energy flow coming from the sword, his eyes turned red. Even if Hikaru had taken the demon side out of him, there were still some little things left in him. So he used that to boost his attacks which were now starting to crack the shield around Kyuya.

He couldn’t say that the demon was anything less. HE was powerful and he felt the energy flow coming from him. But this wasn’t a time to hold back.

Meian’s nose was starting to bleed out from the constant attack on the both shields that he was concentrating. Soon he realized that he had to use a different tactic. Looking around them, he tried to get a hold of the environment around them and use it on his advantage. So when his shield broke, Meian jumped behind a few steps dodging Hikaru’s attack. Which gave him the opportunity to use the darkness to throw the next object he found closest towards Hikaru and then direct the second wave to grabble Hikaru. Immobilizing him was a first step.

The battle raged on, and Kyuya found himself filled with more power than ever before. It was almost I toxicating to feel so much power surfing inside hm. Light and Darkness, feeding and amplifying each other endlessly within him and made his attacks more and more powerful. At the same time it also showed just how insanely powerful Hikaru and Keiko was as a pair since they were running purely on the power of light and didn't have the benefit of getting boosted by darkness. In fact the two of them were starting to get overpowered! Kyuya could feel the toll defending against Hikaru's bombardment while trying tonsupport him was taking on Meian, and at this rate it was only a matter of time before they were overwhelmed. 

Sensing Meian's intention, Kyuya decided to take a chance himself and as the shield around Meian broke he called back to masks defending the young man do he could use his full strength against Keiko, trusting Meian that he would be able to hold on by himself. He combined all of his floating masks into a giant face of the demon and sent it flying towards Keiko, it's giant maw opened up revealing countless sharp teeths as it was about to devour him. 

Meanwhile Hilaru was rather fascinated by Meian during the fight. After all he hasn't taught Mean any attack spells nor did he give him any combat training so all this tentacles made out of dark energy stuff was all Meian's own doing. A sense if pride rise in Hikaru's heart knowing just how talented his boy was. It was also interesting by amplifying darkness with light, he was able to wield powers that would usually require great hatred or twisted desires to have. No wonder Kyuya was so obsessed neither wanting Meian not his own. Part of him wandered if he knew how to do this in their previous life, would he and Keiko be able to defeat Magatsu without Kyuya dying and him ending up being cursed? 

Whilr his kind was somewhat distracted, the swarm of birds he summoned managed to intercept and destroy the dark tentacles Meian sent his way. The birds of light were also able to block the stuff Meian threw at him but before Hikaru could react darkness began creeping up on him and held him in place. 

"This is.... A bit problematic.... Hah!" Hikaru exclaimed while an explosion or light banishes the darkness holding him in place, but also left him venerable for a brief moment after the blast. 

Keiko had to jump back a few meters and strike with the sword at the thing coming after him. His sword got stuck in the things mouth, forcing him to use his body, especially his legs to pull it out but the intensity he had used had stuck the sword in it and it was hard to take out. So he decided to leave it there and doge an attack that Kyuya attempt on him, getting out of the range with only a few scratches on his arm which were pretty bad, landing away from the other.

Feeling the stinge of the wound he wince a little but chuckled. “Not bad for a demon” he said smirking at the other as he hold his hand to the side, pulling all his energy that he had received and form another sword of light. “But we are not done” he said to the demon as he swinged his sword and a stripe of light flew out of it towards Kyuya. This blade of light that was floating towards Kyuya, could cut anything in half.

Meian on the other hand was starting to feel the effects of using so much power at once and his nose started bleeding again, but he didn’t want to stop. He wanted to prove that he was able to fight his battles and sustain them.

Is not like he didn’t got any cuts and wounds from all Hikaru’s attacks that have been constantly and they were pretty powerful for him to handle them. But he was really giving all he got.

Meiian’s eyes were locked on the other and when he saw a moment of vulnerability and not paying attention from Hikaru he charged all his left power, the combination of darkness and light which formed into a giant long spear and motioned his hands to attack him.

As soon as the energy had left him, Meian fell on the ground with blood pouring out of his nose, but kept his gaze on his strike of darkness and light heading towards Hikaru with full force.

Kyuya smiled as he saw his attack drawing blood from Keiko. It would seem that the massive demon mask was more effective than he anticipated, no doubt thanks to the boost of power coming from Meian. He was about to launch his next attack when Keiko sent a slash of light towards him. Kyuya could feel just how deadly the strike was so he used the giant demon mask to block it. Half as expected the demon mask was cut in half but that took the strike a few seconds to get through, enough time for Kyuya to jump out of the way. As the two halves of the giant demon mask disintegrated into puffs of smoke they converged around Kyuya and reformed into the usual nine smaller masks floating around him. As he was about to engage Keiko once again he noticed the fluctuations of power coming from Meian. As he turned to look at the young man he was caught off guard when he was Meian falling to the ground. 

"Meian!" Kyuya exclaimed as he jumped towards the young man and picked him up from the ground. It was at that moment did he realized that he had forgotten to watch what Keiko or Hikaru was doing and left himself vulnerable to attack. He really didn't think things through before rushing to Meian's aid.

Luckily for Kyuya and Meian, Hilarious was in no position to exploit their moment of weakness as he barely had enough time to conjure up a barrier to block the giant spear of energy Meian threw at him. "Free...! This is... Quite heavy...!" Hikaru groaned as he tries to mister more power to cancel our the spear but Meian's power was stronger than he anticipated. The next moment the barrier broke and the spear came flying right towards him. At the last second he managed to dodge the spear but as it flew past Hikaru the spear quickly flew to the invisible edge of this realm and like a stone flying through a window the realm Bevan to collapsed around it. 

"Aaah. I guess that's it for the match." Hikaru said as he began walking towards Keiko and gives his hand over his injured arm. As a warm light began emanating from Hilarious hand Keiko's injuries quickly began to close and heal. As he was treating Keiko's wounds be turned to look at Meian and said: "And we really gotta do something about controlling your powers Meian. That spear could have killed me if you hit me in the wrong place, not that I would have let you, but you gotta learn how much power to use on what occasions."

Meian’s eyes were starting to feel rather heavy and hard to keep his eyes open as the energy had been pulled away from him and directed to Hikaru.  He heard Kyuya’s voice in the distance and when he closed his eyes, feeling too tired to fight the force of them shutting down he closed his eyes and just felt his body fall but it never reached the ground. Instead, he felt something soft and warm which made him sigh in comfort.

Keiko was about to attack again when he saw and heard Kyuya call his son’s name and his blood and heartbeat dropped in an instance. He kind of forgot about the other and when he looked in that direction he saw his son on the floor and an arrow heading towards his lover.

He rushed towards Hikaru but he was too far. Luckly, the other managed to doge it and the arrow hit the floor making the domain to dissipate, bringing them back into the kitchen. Keiko looked confused and proud at his son. Not to mention the comment that Hikaru made really made him wonder how powerful Meian actually was

Reaching Hikaru who tend his wounds, he placed his hand on his shoulder stopping him from talking. “He needs rest for now. It was a good fight. You have some nice skills” he said letting out a fade smile in the corner of his mouth. “But now Meian needs to be set down in his bed and hidrated” he said pointing up the stairs to Kyuya.

“Take him up and we will prepare some medicine for him to take. He needs to recover his energy for now” he added looking at Kyuya. “Can you do that?” he asked the demon.  With this outcome of the fight Keiko understood their connection and that for the demon, Meian was important. Maybe it was love or benefit, even though he could see how the other was worried for him. 

"Of course. I will take care of him" Kyiya said as he picked Meian up his feet and began carrying the young man upstairs bridal style. He took Meian back to his room and set him down on the bed before he went to the bathroom and fetched a wet towel. "You really gotta learn how to protect yourself better. Not just from the enemies but also your own stubbornness." Kyuya spoke gently as he used to towel to wipe the blood that came out of the poor man's nose before he set the the towel aside. Caressing his monochrome hair gently he said: "You did great today....  With a little more training we will be unstoppable. Then nothing will ever come between us again." Kyuya then leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss on Meian's forehead before he grabbed a chair and say by the bed. 

Meanwhile Hikaru had finished healing Keiko's wounds and pressed a soft kiss on the man's arm: "There, good as new!" He then took a step back and said: "So I assume you're okay with Meian and Kyuya now? I have to admit our son is turning out to be quite a handful. With a little more training he may his tbecime more powerful than either of us." He chuckled joyfully and said: "Better drill some discipline into that boy before he gets out if hand.... Now speaking if Mean, you said you wanna prepare some medicine for him? I assume you don't mean to give him actual pharmaceutical drugs? Do you just so happens to have some special herbs and other alchemical ingredients lying around?"

Meian felt his body being lifted and he could hear voices in the distance but couldn’t recall what they were saying. All he knew was that he failed to fight Hikaru as he fainted and probably made Kyuya lose the fight. He really felt weak in that moment.

Suddenly the voices were gone, leaving silence surrounding him again, until he felt something cold and wet on his forehead and then he heard Kyuya’s voice loud and clearly. His heart syncked. So they really lost the fight because of him. Because he had been to weak. The light and darkness were swirling inside of him like a ball, placed in the center of a room. It was like his main core or something like that.

He felt the wet cold thing being rubbed against his nose. Oh right, my nose was bleeding before I passed out. How pathetic I can be, he thought sighing as he was watching the ball of energy swirl in place calmly.

Then he felt Kyuays touch through his hair and his words that fallow, surprising him. Even if they had lost, Kyuya was proud of him. That put a smile on his lips, but not on the surface. Unstoppable. He really thinks that, he said to himself when he noticed the ball of energy lighting up the center. At first the darkness and light were swirling around like ying and yang but now it was changing. They were combining with one another, becoming one flow of energy.

Kyuya’s lips made his forehead made his heart skip a beat. Kyuya was right. He had to train more and focus more of controlling this energy which seemed to have become one single source.

And there was silence again. Moment where Meian force himself to open his eyes slowly, adjusting to the light in the room, turning his head to the side where the other was sitting.

“Sorry that we lost because of me. I did give all that I had” he said rubbing his temple as he still felt a small headache.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keiko groan a little at the patch of his wounds, as it has been sometime since he was wounded, and looked at Hikaru.

“Is not that I’m completely okay with it but … seeing how he didn’t care about the fight anymore and ran to our son it just … let’s say I didn’t expect that” he said mending his voice as he didn’t liked to agree with the fact that his son was dating a demon. But it would seem that that demon really was going to protect Meian no matter what. That kind of made him smile reminding him of his other lives that he had with Hikaru. Guess he had been in the same shoes as Kyuya at some point so he could cut him some slack.

“Well the last attack that he did kind of scared me. Even if we were in a different real for training porpuse. The force he used for that attack … I really thought that it was going to hit you” he said grabbing Hikaru by the fingers, intertwining them and culling him closer in a hug.

“I have trauma of watching you die under my eyes so this … this felt real” he took a deep breath, inhaling the others scent and then sighed heavy.

The mentioned of drugs or medicine he said he was going to prepare, Keiko chuckled letting the other go as he head towards the kitchen cabinet.

“Its nothing special, just some herbal tea that I used to give him to get his health back on track. It has mint which is very helpful, some honey and other herbs that might help” he said putting water to heat it up.

Leaning on the counter he turned his gaze back to Hikaru. “But yes… Meian will outsmart both of us in terms of power. And with Kyuya by his side, they will be unstoppable” he said and then continued. “But only if Meian finds a way of balancing both sides. Otherwise… he might loose control again and not be lucky”  

Kyuya waited patiently as he could feel Meian's energy ascending to a while new level. It would seem that the two versus two battle proved to be even more fruitful them he first realized. "You're just filled with surprises, agent you?" Kyuya smiled as he looked at Meian's face, feeling the increase power of his lover flowing into him as well. Shortly after Mean opened his eyes and say up. "It's okay Meian, you did better than I could have predicted, and I am sure your parents were impressed by your performance as well." He leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on the young man's cheek and said: "Rest Meian. You still need time to recover." He then chuckled and said jokingly: "Would you like a bedtime story?"

"Does Kyuya remind you of yourself a little?" Hikaru asked teasingly after hearing what Keiko had to say aBoit the demon. His smile turned a bit better when Keiko mentioned his trauma and said: "For the record Keiko, I too am traumatized by you dying on me. So let's try to die of old age together this time around, shall we?"

Hikaru walked beside Keiko and leaned against him as they waited for the water to boil. He then added: "I could also bless the tea to give it... Let's call it a little extra kick. Speaking of him..." He crossed his arms and said: "My father, I mean the father I had all the way back from when we first met as priest and demon, he used to take me to this secret training ground of the Mitsurugi clan when I was still a novice priest. I don't know if the place is still intact after all these years but it maybe worth checking. It will be the perfect place to help Mean hone his powers. Failing at that, it would be a fun little family trip. What do you think?" 

• 3 weeks later...

Meian blinked a few times not understanding what Kyuya was finding so great about his performance. He fainted in the middle of the battle because he couldn't sustain his magic. The whole thing had consumed his energy that left him not able to continue and almost hurt him. 

The kiss on the cheek made him look even more puzzled but wasn't going to argue with the other over something like that. He did felt the magic flow inside him though and it did felt more powerful than before which gave him hope that maybe he wasn't that useless as he thought. 

"If you think so" he said referring about his parents being impressed with his performance. resting back on the pillow he looked at Kyuya when he asked if he wanted a bedtime story so he just nodded with a smile, making himself more comfortable. 

Keiko poke the other when he leaned against him playfully with his bump. "Blessing coming from you would be helpful" he said nodding as he was preparing the mug with some mint leaves in it and poured some honey in it waiting for the water. 

When he mentioned about the place Keiko tried to think about it and tried to remember. Faint memories came in mind of hearing of such place from the old mand but never went there himself before. But the idea of having a family trip didn't sound that bad after all. 

"Well, I think Meian does need a little break from school and everything else and a trip does sound good" he added nodding before taking the boiling water and pouring it in the cup, only halfway through because he then put a little cold water, not wanting to burn Meian's tongue. 

"Do you want me to bring it up to him or do you want to do the honors?" he asked holding the cup on a small plate. 

• 3 weeks later...

Kyuya raised an eyebrow when Meian actually nodded to his question asking if he wanted bedtime stories. He only meant it as a joke but now he had to keep his word. Chuckling softly he then said: "Alright my dear. Let me think.... Hmm... How about the story of a poor farmer and his dog? Once upon a time there was this poor farmer..."

While Kyuya was giving Meian his bedtime story, Hikaru held his hand over the pot and chanted a short spell. Once the tea was ready he looked up at Meian and said: "Why don't we go together? We can also discuss the family trip we talked about earlier. It would be way too boring just going straight for the ancient training ground, might as well plan a few stops along the way." Hikaru then chuckled: "I suppose this can also serve as a honeymoon of sorts for us too?." He took Keijo's hand and Bevan pulling him along: "Come on Keiko let's go upstairs."

"..... And so the dog demon was finally reunited with the poor farmer, and they lived happily ever after. The End." Kyuya had just wrapped up the story when he heard the knocks on the door. "Hey buddy, how are you feeling?"Hikaru said as he opened the door and walked inside the room with Keiko: "Keiko made you some tea and I added a little special something to help you recover." He winked playfully at Meian and said: "I can reach you how to do it later. But first we have an announcement. We are going on a family trip!"

Hikaru proceeded to explain his plans for finding the ancient training ground and also have a little fun along the way to Kyuya and Meian. He then said: "As far as I know the place is now a hotspring resort so even if the training ground is no longer intact we still get a nice trip. But on our way there we can make a few stops purely for fun. We all could use a little vacation. I kinda fancy going to the beach. You guys got any suggestions?"

(P.s. sorry for the slowness of reply. Was occupied with IRL stuff)

MEian nodded and made himself even more comfortable in the bed and in the others arms, listening carefully and laughing at some fun parts and worried at others. But the fun part was how the other ended the story so suddenly, noticing that he had enough with the whole telling story moment. But he still appreciated. 

HE was about to say something when his parents knock on the door and entered with the tea. At least they knocked and did not burst in his room like his father sometimes did. Standing up and taking the tea he started drinking, making faces when he felt the bitter taste of it but kept drinking it. He knew his father used to make him such tea's when he wasn't feeling well, and no matter how much he was trying to make it sweet it never was. But he was always feeling better afterwards. 

"A trip?" he asked confused not knowing why the sudden change, looking at his parents then at Kyuya and then back at his parents. "By going , do you mean that all of as go?" he asked referring to Kyuya being able to join them. 

"Since we decide its a family trip..." started Keyko looking at his son and his lover sighing. "Then we all go" he added not liking it that much but he had to get used to the idea from now on. 

"Actually , a trip doesn't sound that bad actually. After all we've been through, a little time away from the city would be nice" he said nodding looking at his boyfriend. "What do you say? Care to join us?" he asked with a soft smile. 

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes, of course. All of us." Hikaru said: "If we mange to find the training ground intact, it would be a waste if Kyuya isn't around to train along with you. Besides, even if we didn't include Kyuya inn the trip, I am sure he would be following us anyway. Isn't that right?"

"Spot-on." Kyuya smiled as he caressed Meian's cheek gently and said: "I promised to stay by your side no matter what and I plan to keep that promise." He turned his gaze back to Hikaru and Keiko and asked: "So when are we leaving?"

"Hold up, I still got a few things to wrap up around here. Also need to actually plan the trip, book the hotels and such." Hikaru then added: "We can discuss the details tomorrow since Meian isn't fully recovered yet."

(Would you like to skip straight to the trip or have a little fun time at night first?)

The sweet gesture the other made when he reminded him about the promised he made made Meian’s heart jump with happiness and put a smile on his face. A stupid smile some would say, but it was a genuine loving smile. He was happy. Meian was happy to see Kyuya act so lovey dovey with him and expressing all that to him.

Keiko on the other hand snored as he didn’t like the view but he agreed to give them a chance. But seeing his son smile so happily he was thinking that as long as his son was happy in this then he had to keep his opinion away.

There was also the strange similarities when looking on those two and how he and Hikaru were when he met Hikarus father. Now that he remembered, he went through shit as well with his in-law. It was only natural to have to go through hell but if it was meant to be then it will prevail no matter what.

Meian laughed at his father’s reaction to the quick response from Kyuya. “You’re kind of eagered already to go on this trip. That’s new” said Meian looking at Kyuya with a soft smile on his face. “I like seeing you like this” he added and looked at his parents. Now he realized that he thought of Hikaru as his father and not as his friend anymore. Well, the guy was both, but it was the first time that he thought directly about him as his father. It put a soft sad smile on his face as he was looking at Hikaru talking about what he needed to plan still and that there was a lot to prepare. Meian really wished to have known him when he was his actual father in the lost years. For sure it would have been nice.

“We will go this weekend which is in 2 days so we have time for preparation” said Keiko placing an arm around Hikaru, trying to calm him down.

“Yeah, you’re right. We have time to pack and all that” added Mian and nodded to his father and smiled at Hikaru as he was thinking about his recovery.

“We can all rest and get going. We’re leave you guys for now” said Keiko as he pulled Hikaru out of the room, feeling that it was time to leave those two alone again and them to head to bed as well.

“No funny business tonight. He needs sleep” said Keiko with his back turned before closing the door behind him.

Meian looked surprised at his father and blushed, looking at Kyuya.

“I wasn’t thinking about that though” he said still blushing, tucking himself back in bed, being all innocent.

[yeah we can skip to the whole trip]

"Here we are! The beach!" Hikaru exclaimed as he ran towards the shore while holding Keiko and Meian's hand. His smile was arguably brighter than the sun above as he looked at the yellow sand and blue sea in front of them. Despite it being weekends the place want to crowed thanks to its remote location. He then turned back to look at the forth member of their trip and said: "Liven up Kyuya! We're on vacation!"

"Easy for you to say..." Kyua groaned slightly as he poked his face out from the time of stuff he was carrying, from a cooler box to a big parasol, blankets, plastic bag filled with snacks as well as a backpack. He groaned: "You're not carrying anything."

"Well I have my hands full. See?" Hikaru smiled as he showed the two hands he was holding and said: "Why don't you go ahead and find a nice spot for us while we go to the changing room? See ya!"

Befote Kyuya could say another word Hikaru quickly dragged Keiko and Meian away. 

Turning the clock back slightly, the little family plus one set out on their vacation plus training trip after two days of preparation. Given how far and remote their destination was they decided to take the train to the nearest station then rent a car from there. Along the way they found a market and stocked up on travel supplies and eventually they arrived at their first stop. It was actually the first time in Hikaru's current lifetime that he visited the beach so he was extra excited. 

The same could not be said for Kyuya however. While he was by no means afraid of the sun, being a demon meant that he and bright blue skies just didn't get along well. There was also the fax that Hikauru has made him pretty much a manservant during the trip. Not only he had to carry around all their bags and groceries while shopping he was also given all the menial tasks like waiting in line or watching over their stuff while they used the bathroom and such. With a defeated sigh Kyuya carried the group's beach equipment to and found a spot to settle down. He plants the parasol down in the sand and set the big  blanket down for them to sit. He waited under the shade for a.bit longer until eventually he saw the three familiar figures approaching. 

Leading the way was again Hikaru, who surely looked like he was having a great time already. He was wearing a baseball cap with a flowery pattern printed on the front, a white shirt that was left unbuttoned which left his chest exposed to the warm ocean breeze. Down below he wore a pair of dark blue swimming trunks which left very little to the imagination. He wasn't there when the three picked their swim wear so he had no idea what Meian would.nd wearing. 

• 2 weeks later...

The next days Meian watched as his father got super excited about the trip more than he or the others were. But it was a nice scenario after all they have had in the past weeks. It was a good change to have some time away from everything, even if it was interest of training after all.

When they reached the beach, Meian was caught by Hikaru’s hand alongside his father and dragged to the beach. He had to admit that the whole place was beautiful and the weather was really nice. But one thing he didn’t liked and that was the fact that Hikaru was making Kyuya cary all the bags alone.

When he wanted to help, he pulled him away further on the beach, keeping him away from the other. IT didn’t felt like an actual vacation, more like a temper challenge on his boyfriend which he didn’t liked that much. What he did find amusing was Kyuyas responses towards Hikaru which were pretty honest and funny at the same time.

As they come out from the changing room, Meian was looking for Kyuya and took the chance that he changed faster than his parents to run up to him sitting under the umbrella. He was bare-chested with just a pair of blue shorts.

“I’m sorry for letting you alone with all of this. I tried to help you but he kept me away” he said feeling a little guilty.

“But I do like your comeback comments though” he said smiling teasingly leaning closer to kiss Kyuya gently.

“I’ll try to make him cut you some slack. We are after all on vacation and everyone deserves to have fun” he said leaning against him.

Keiko changed into a pair of red shorts with nothing on top. Even for his age, he was still looking pretty neat, with visible muscles. Thanks to the training and fights maybe, but he wasn’t an ordinary old man. Being 40 years was tough but he was managing pretty well to keep his muscle body .

Kyuya's eyes opened wider as he saw Meian approaching wearing just a pair of blue shorts, leaving little of his beautiful body to the imagination. Of course, the Demon had seen Meian naked countless times up until now, even his most private places didn't escape the Demon's gaze, nor touch for that matter. But there was still something strangely lewd about seeing Meian essentially naked in a public place and under broad daylight. "You look great in those, almost makes me want to hide you from the world so nobody else could see you." Kyuya said with a loving smile as he wrapped an arm around the young man's waist and said: "And there's no need to feel sorry about your dads letting me carry their stuff. It was just a little harmless teasing."

"Oh please, can't you see that I'm giving him an opportunity to prove himself?" Hikaru chuckled as he joined the two under the umbrella: "Let him demonstrate how good of a son-in-law he could be." 

"Have you mistaken a son-in-law with a baggage porter?" Kyuya said: "Well, in any case, now that we're here, what do you plan on doing?"

"Plans? Oh Kyuya you really don't know how to enjoy the beach, do you? There is no plan. There is only chill." Hikaru smiled as walked over to one of the bags and took out a small bottle. He then took off his hoody and laid face down on the beach mat. He then turned to look at Keiko and asked: "Honey, would you mind help me put the cream on my back?"