An Ancient Feud (Private, 18+)

Sathenus

Tenmo whimpered when the other held his hand, grabbing the hand that nose held his tightlly. He didn’t even know what hPpened and his father looked awful just laying there. All those wires..the little movements...It hurt to breathe as his world felt like it was ending around him. He laid his hands on top of tha others legs with a small whimper. Dad...please be okay....You got even Xaviers upset. What did you guys do...?

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Kaine kept a tight hold on Tenmo's hand as they stood at Adrian's beside in the hospital, Xavier was pacing on the other side of the room and clearly distressed which wasn't helping the atmosphere at all but Kaine couldn't tell him to leave either. Knowing that other than Tenmo himself, Xavier was probably the only other person with a reason to be here. He was gently rubbing Tenmo's back as they stood there with a soft sigh. "We'll get through this. Figure out what happened and everything." Kaine said softly.

Tenmo noddd quietly, not sure what happened but he was glad that he could be here. That he hadn’t died while he was gone..That would have destroyed him..He thought as he put his head at his fathers legs, whimpering sadly as his tail popped out along with his ears, both dropping. “Thanks..for taking my dad here..” Tenmo said quietly, shifting his head on the bed towards Xavier, who still seemed panicked. He at least knew Xavier must have helped somehow and took him here.

The whimper only seemed to break Kaine's heart more, especially when it noticed it was followed by his Puppy's tail and ear appearing. He soothingly stroked his hand through Tenmo's hair, wanting to keep him calm and trying to make him feel even the tiniest bit better. What he wasn't expecting was for his Pup to look towards Xavier and thank him for bringing his father here, clearly he knew Xavier had given Adrian what little chance of beating this he had. But he still hadn't really expected Tenmo to acknowledge that right now.

"You're welcome, Tenmo." Xavier replied softly as he stopped his pacing and glanced towards the boy and his father. His eyes only seemed to see Tenmo for a moment before they became focused solely on his Pup. His poor Pup. He couldn't imagine what Adrian had suffered tonight at the hands of someone he had loved and that he had thought had loved him. The realization was probably even more painful for his Pup. It made him wonder if he should tell Tenmo what had happened tonight or if he should try to hold off on the whole thing. Sighing he shook his head but he did pull out the copy of the treaty Adrian had when they were at the border and moved closer to the bed holding it out towards Tenmo. "Before... everything happened we did sign the new treat. Your father wanted it displayed somewhere that the pack would see it, but high enough that no one would be able to pounce on it and break it. To ensure... it stays in tact this time." His voice was soft, but this was important. It would be the only thing to keep the peace, even with everything that had just happened. "I'll... make a call and have a crew go clean up the border." Xavier added as if it had just hit him that there was still a mess there that needed to be taken care of.

Tenmo found comfort in Kaines stroking hand, nuzzling into it sadly. He close his eyes for a moment, trying to find comfort in the others touch even for a moment. He opened his eyes again when he heard Xavier respond to him. He let out a sad faint laugh, taking the treaty from him. “Of course he would say that..Any lower..and it would be broken in 5 minutes..” He said with a sad smile as he took the treaty, holding it tightly to him. “Xavier...?” He said quietly, having a sad yet bold moment and wrapped his arms around him. “Thank you...I know my dad loves you a whole lot...You changed him so much...” He said quietly, not letting go of him

Kaine felt the nuzzle into his hand, and it made him feel a little better that he was able to give Tenmo some comfort in this whole situation. He felt bad though, feeling like if he had not taken Tenmo out for that hunt that things could possible be different. Though... the more he thought about it the more he came to realize it could also have been very different in a very bad way. Shaking his head to push those thoughts from his mind he looked at the treaty as it was handed to Tenmo, curious about the new terms of the treaty.

Xavier was surprised by what Tenmo had to say and it made him sigh. Telling the boy the truth about what had happened at the border was turning out to be more painful and difficult than he had thought. For a moment he was silent then he spoke, "Tenmo... the border tonight... I don't expect you to believe me or even really process this with your father being in the condition that he is but... your mother... attacked him tonight..." He paused and sighed as he shook his head. "It turns out your mother left all that time ago on her own free will hoping that Adrian would... forget about me. Move on as he'd be focused solely on her. She came back tonight... as if she had somehow known he became Alpha and met us at the border. She was happy to see him at first until she realized I was beside him. She said that she hadn't left for your father to get together with me. Telling us that she had thought her 'dying' only to come back after all these years would make your father finally get over me. He told her how he had grieved her loss for years, and... how you have most of your life... but that he had moved on with me." Xavier paused knowing he had already said a lot and this was a lot to take in.

"Your father had turned to kiss me, in front of her. When he did so I think something in your mother snapped. She... attacked him basically, stabbing him with a dagger she had that was coated in silver. I'm sorry... that you actually truly lost her tonight... but... it was a lapse in my anger, my desire to protect him and my fear of losing your father... all of it mixed together." Xavier thought admitting to the killing of his mother was the best thing he could do. "I won't blame you for thinking of less of me or anything." He added not wanting to keep this from Tenmo. He didn't care if the wolf held this against him and hated him for killing her. It was a bad lapse in his control and he knew it, but Adrian was important to him and she was expendable. Especially after he actions tonight.

Tenmo stood in front of the other quietly, trying to process all this information. He tried to see this scenario as if he was his father. The blood splatter in the middle,,the way his mother...looked Laying on the ground. And his mother..left them because of jealousy? It explained her sudden disappearance but..why? Why did she do that to him...to dad?! He should be furious..He should be mad that Xavier killed his mom..but she was dead to him for so long that it didn’t really register. And Xavier..he still did all of this to protect his dad..he loved him and his dad loved him back. “You really do love him huh...? For years he didn’t smile or have anything...But he has been so happy lately..He actually smiles...” Tenmo said, looking up at Xavier. “I do not think I can ever fully understand or process anything of this..” He said quietly, knowing his heart was aching that he might lose his whole family. “Thank Your Xavier..For loving and protecting my dad. For making him happy..” Tenmo sighed, wrapping his arms again around Xavier and holding him in a hug. Xavier..If it wasn’t for him...And dad..if dad made it..his heart would probably be broken...

Xavier was a bit stunned, that Tenmo was hugging him like this, that he expressed that he was just glad he loved and had protected his father. Telling the boy what had happened at the border turned out to be easier than he had originally thought, and all things considered he was handling it much better than expected. "I do love your father... more than my coven to be honest. No offense Kaine." Xavier said sparing the other a look only to get a shrug from the other vampire in response. It wasn't like he didn't know that Kaine loved Tenmo more than the coven as well. "You don't need to thank me for protecting your father, I'll always protect him." He added as he returned the hug for a moment, patting the young wolf on the head in a gentle manner. Tenmo was his Adrian's son, he loved his Pup so much that he couldn't help but have some affection for Tenmo as well.

“I think he would like that...or comment on how soft you are getting Nippy” Tenmo said with a weak laugh, leaning his head against the others chest. He felt himself being petted, his tail wagging slightly under the touch. “I love Kaine too more than he pack..My dad is different of course..I love my dad too” Tenmo looked st Kaine with a small smile. “I have and would do anything for him..” He said with another small smile. “Kaine, come with me back home? I need to hang this up and..I..don’t want to be alone right now..” He said quietly, needing Kaine now more than ever.

Xavier couldn't help but laugh when Tenmo mentioned him getting soft. "I suppose we all do at some point." He mused noticing the way the boy's tail had appeared and was wagging slightly as he had pet him. It was oddly cute, and though he absolutely loved getting the reaction from Adrian he just found it flattering to get it from Tenmo. Making him realize that he did like the boy. "I know you do, and I know Kaine feels the same about you." Xavier said as the hug broke and Tenmo was turning to Kaine asking him to go home with him to hang up the treaty. For a moment Xavier didn't say anything knowing that the treaty they drew up still wouldn't allow the two to be together. Kaine instantly agreed when Tenmo asked if he'd go home with him knowing that Tenmo needed the support right now. Slipping his hand into Tenmo's free hand he squeezed it lightly, "Let's go hang this up." He said nodding towards the treaty in Tenmo's hand.

“Yeah...Let’s” Tenmo said with a happier smile, holding Kaine in a tight hug in his arms. He needed Kaine more thane eve right now..He thought to himself as he held the others hand tightly in his own. His whole demeanor changed as he finally started to leave the hospital room. He had Kaine..He wouldn’t know what to do without him right now, needing his love and support more thane ever.

Adrian still laid there silently, the machines the only noise that now filled the quiet room. Although it did appear the corner of his mouth seemed to twitch in a smile but for a moment then falling still again.

Kaine was silent as they left the hospital, still holding the other's hand tightly as they were walking. "I love you, Tenmo." He said softly as they went. "You know Xavier will let you know the moment anything changes." Kaine added as they were walking towards the border. This whole night seemed to be crazy really, his eyes moving up to the night sky. Things were quiet between them for the moment, but Kaine didn't feel like anything really needed to be said right now either.

Xavier had settled himself back in the chair beside Adrian's bed, his hand once more taking his Pup's and holding it. Not even caring that he wasn't able to hold his hand back. It didn't really matter to him at the moment, he just wanted to be here for emotional support even if he wasn't really sure that Adrian was aware that he was even here.

Adrian’s hand seemed to grasp the others lightly in a weak hold, even if no other part of Adrian’s body seemed to move or respond to anything else. It held on and didn’t want to let go..

“I love you too Kaine..” Tenmo said with a small nod, taking the long way around the border. He..didn’t want to see that image in his mind again. That it may be the spot where..he will lose everything. “The full moon is in a few days..Can you stay with me again? I don’t know with all of this if I can..handle it myself..” Tenmo spoke up after many moments of silence. He was an emotional mess and his wolf form may be..unstable.

Xavier was stunned when he felt Adrian's hand hold his back, even if it was a light and weak hold it was still something. His eyes darted up to that lovely face, even like this his Pup still managed to be gorgeous to him. This of course just made him tighten his own grip slightly, a sign that he was there and wouldn't leave him. Rubbing his Pup's arm lightly with his other hand he was just hoping he'd make it out of this. If he didn't... well Xavier didn't even want to think of what would become of him, or any of them if Adrian didn't pull through this.

Kaine noticed the way that Tenmo was leading them was quite a long way, but he also understood why. What had happened at the border, the sight waiting for them there was something that needed to be avoided at all costs. It wasn't anything that his Puppy needed to revisit or re-see now or ever. "You know I'd stay with you on the full moon even before this. I'll be by your side for as long as you want me to be." Kaine promised tightening his hold on Tenmo's hand slightly offering some more support. He would do anything he could to keep his wolf happy and safe and to help him through this difficult time.

Adrians tail seemed to pop out from behind him, weakly wagging itself from underneath his body, seeming to respond to the other lightly stroking his arm. Even if he was or was not fully aware, his instinctual response still seemed to be loving the other touch.

"Forever.." Tenmo said quietly, holding both him and the treaty tight. "We should read it too..as it will apply to both our races as well" He said with a small nod, figuring if his father...didn't make it..He was going to be the alpha. At least for now, he was the acting alpha until his father got better. He finally reached their house, taking a deep breath and going into his fathers office with him.

Xavier noticed the small movement beneath Adrian's body and oddly, it made him smile and comforted him knowing that even like this Adrian seemed to know he was there. "I love you, Pup." He said softly as he continued to rub his arm since even instinctually his Pup seemed to know he was there. "Get better." Xavier said just as softly, maybe even a little softer.

"That's true." Kaine said when Tenmo mentioned that they should read the treaty as it applied to both of them. As they made it to the house Kaine followed his Puppy to his father's office and shut the door softly behind them. After the door was shut he leaned over to give Tenmo a quick kiss to the cheek and then motioned that he should probably sit down. "Let's take a look at that treaty." He said as he moved to take a seat himself.

Adrians tail retreated back into his body, seeming to take comfort in the others words of getting better. ".....Love....." Adrian seemed to groan before becoming unresponsive again, not seeming that he would make another motion anytime soon.

Tenmo returned the others kiss, making sure Kaine had closed the door properly behind them. As soon as he was sure everything was ok, he went to sit in his fathers seat. He took the ribbon off of the treaty, unfurling it before the both of them. "Now...let's take a look at this.." Tenmo said as he started to look it over.

The groaned word seemed to make Xavier feel even better, he shifted the chair so he could relax in it without having to let go of his hand. He was calmly stroking his hand still before he was bending down and pressing a light kiss to his Pup's hand. Rubbing the back of it with his thumb as he continued to rub his arm, his eyes shutting as he relaxed in the chair. It was easy to relax himself after even such a small display that Adrian had been able to show.

Kaine moved to stand behind Tenmo looking over his shoulder at the treat when it was unrolled. He was reading it from over his wolf's shoulder and frowning slightly. "I mean... I guess if it keeps the peace." He said softly though it was clear he wasn't particularly happy with it. It seemed almost as though this treaty would keep them apart, just as the last was supposed too. Kaine really didn't like the idea of it, he didn't want to be kept apart from Tenmo.

“But...no...” Tenmo said as he was reading over the treaty. It was..going to keep them apart? And punish anyone who cleared cross the border? “I..don’t want to lose you..” Tenmo said as he looked up sadly at Kaine. He..he couldn’t lose Kaine. Kaine was his love..his everything..

“Too gentle...Not rough enough...” Adrian seemed to cough, his eyes seeming to hardly be open. His face seemed to try to be smiling, but medication seemed to make him numb to too much expression.

"I don't want to lose you either, Tenmo. But... Adrian and Xavier both seem to think this is what's best for both sides." Kaine said feeling a bit defeated at this point. How could those two make a treaty to keep them apart when even they were breaking boundaries between their races. Kaine had truly thought getting the two together would not just bring peace but allow him and Tenmo to be together. Reaching down Kaine slipped his hand into one of his Puppy's, "I won't give up on you that easily... even if it means facing any sort of punishment. They can't keep us apart. We just can't let them." He was clearly determined, at first he was going to accept that Xavier and Adrian seemed to think keeping them apart was best. But no. It couldn't be and he absolutely refused to believe it was. "It isn't fair that they get to continue to see each other because as the leaders they get to hold meetings with each other while it's meant to keep us apart. Maybe... maybe we can get them to reconsider the terms of the treat."

Xavier had been dozing off in the chair off and on for awhile when he heard that voice he loved so much that seemed to make him wide awake. Looking up at his Pup's face he noticed that his eyes were just barely open and it seemed almost as if there was a hint of a smile on his face. "Even now after everything that has happened I'm not being rough enough with you?" He mused with a warm smile of his own. Xavier was just so happy to see his Pup was awake, was talking even if he was still weak and needed some major time to recover from all of this.

Tenmo held the others hand in return, looking up at him as he spoke. “I would climb through multiple windows and face multiple punishments to be by your side..” Tenmo said with a small smile. “We will figure out something..We can prove it to them somehow..” Tenmo said with a small nod, taking the others hand in a gentle soft kiss.

Adrian let our a weak chuckle which only made him have a coughing fit. “I..got to make up..time..I lost to tease you..N-Nippy...” He said while trying to smile again. “And loving you..forever and always..is not going to..end today..” He said with a small groan, gripping the others hand in a weak grip.

A small smirk appeared when Tenmo told him he'd climb through multiple windows and face multiple punishments for him. "All I'm hearing is I'd have another chance to hear you play prince charming over and over again." He teased, playfully nudging Tenmo in the side. Alright, he had to try to lighten up the mood just a little, and he couldn't help it. It was fun to tease his wolf and they both seemed like they could really use it right now. "I know we will." He added with a small nod, knowing they'd end up figuring it out somehow and making Adrian and Xavier realize that they had just as much right to be together as they were.

"You didn't lose that much time, Pup. Just rest and focus on getting better. You will have all the time in the world later to tease me." Xavier mused more than relieved to see his Pup awake and talking. "I'm honestly overjoyed to hear that." He whispered after being told that loving him forever and always wasn't going to end today. Squeezing his Pup's hand for a moment he leaned down and gave him a kiss, "Get some rest. I'll be here the whole time. I'm literally not going to leave your side, Pup." Xavier promised.

Tenmo couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle when the other mentioned being his prince. “Are you going to lose a shoe next..? Or will I have to wake you with a kiss from your slumber..?” Tenmo said with a small smirk, feeling a little bit better. Kaine knew just how to make him feel better..

Adrian tried to smile up at him weakly, letting the other lean down to give him a kiss as he could not move his head. “I’ll need someone..to take care of me..hmm? A stronger...person...” He said with a light squeeze of his hand. Tenmo would not be able to take care of him on his own. While werewolves were gentle enough when a pack member was injured, it might not be the best idea unless Xavier came there to help him.

A thoughtful look crossed Kaine's face as he was considering it for a moment, "I like the kiss me away from my slumber. The other one would be fine but I am not wearing heels and it's not as magical if it's just a normal shoe." Kaine replied with large smile. Shifting he sat himself on the edge of the desk reaching out to tilt his cute Puppy's face up so their eyes would meet, "You can't tell me it wouldn't be fun to do either of those things." The look on his face was quite playful. Tenmo really needed it to take his mind off things, and he had no problem in doing anything he could to keep his wolf's mind off of the events that had unfolded that night.

A small smile was playing on Xavier's face when Adrian mentioned needing someone strong to take care of him. "Oh? Does my Pup want me to be a live in nurse?" He mused. The light squeeze of his hand made his smile grow, "You know I'd love to take care of you, Pup." Xavier replied is tone making it clear that this was a promise. For as long as Adrian needed, he'd be his caregiver, he had absolutely no problem taking care of him.

“That would be nice..Get to see..you more often” Adrian said with another light squeeze of his hand, since his face was still feeling numb and it was weird to try and smile. “Hey..Take Carr Of yourself...while I’m stuck here. Don’t need you..getting sick..” He said with a weak chuckle and another bad cough.

“Kissing you is always something i want to do..” Tenmo said with a small smile, wiping his eyes. Kaine..I could not go one day without you..Tenmo thought to himself as he looked into the others eyes. He would make sure that he was with him always, he would run away with him if he could not convince his dad.