Ephemeral Blood ~ Sathenus & mik3la

mik3la

Sakura blushed a little at the others comment but didn't reply to it. Catching his breath after all that crazyness that happened between them three, they decided to stay like that a little longer and watch tv. It didn't took long before he fell asleep with his head leaned on Jonah. He was exhausted and his body needed a rest. This time was too much for him to be able to keep it up after.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I know we haven't talked about this matter for quite sometime but .... how is the bond stuff" he asked out of the blue sipping from the blood bag that he had in his hand as he sat at the table near the other.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• Sathenus

Even after Sakura feel asleep Jonah and Medive just enjoyed being together and watching tv. Not minding that Sakura was sleeping, having expected it after everything he had endured. Eventually Medive slipped away and went to get something to eat leaving the two vampires on the couch since he wanted something fresher. Jonah taking this as a chance to carry Sakura back to his room and tuck him into bed.

As he was returning to his seat by Akita he listened to the question he was asked and thought about it for a moment. The last month had been so busy that he hadn't even given much thought or attention tho the bond. "Ours is as strong as ever." He replied leaning over for a kiss. Then he tight about the other one. The one with Sakura, he could still feel it there but it definitely wasn't what it once was. "As for the other one, it's still there, but it's really faint. Only noticeable when I focus on it." He admitted.

Catching Alex's hand when he leaned into the kiss he pulled him in his lap. "that's good to hear" he added leaving the blood bag on the table wrapping his arms around the others waist.

"What do you want to do today?" he asked. "We can do anything you want" he added wanting to see the other happy. Today it was a day of from all the training and learning the vampire life. Today was about relaxing.

A surprised sound passed his lips when his hand was grabbed and he was pulled into Akita's lap, a bright smile appearing though when their eyes locked and he felt his boyfriend's arms wrapping around his waist. "Hmm..." Alex thought a little about what he wanted to do today, since they were taking a break from all of the training. "Oh! I know! We should go for a hike! I'm dying to get out and just enjoy nature." He replied after a little thought. "Then we can come back, snuggle up on the couch and maybe watch some movies?" He suggested with a questioning look not wanting to do something that would completely bore his boyfriend.

"Hicking? Hmm... never thought of you to be type to do that but if that's what you want then we should do that" he said finding the idea very interesting. "Let's pack some basic stuff and then we can go. I know there's a place for that kind of stuff not far away. We can camp there" he added slapping slowly the others behind.

"We can stay out for the night. Like camping. A little bonfire, the silent of the night. It would be something different" he shrugged. "A night in the wild" he said laughing.

"It never occurred to me to be the hiking type before now." Alex admitted. He had had never been much of an outdoors person before becoming a vampire. More of the nerdy and book type of person. That clearly wasn't the case anymore, being a vampire opened up plenty of active options he never would have done before. "Camping? That could be fun!" Alex admitted actually liking the idea of being out in the woods with Akita all night.

The older vampire slapping his ass caused Alex to smirk before he was teasingly shaking his ass at the other man. "Sounds good." Alex agreed with a smile already eager about spending not just the day but also all night out with his boyfriend.

Akita smiled amused by the other and went to pack some little stuff that he may need out in the open. He looked for the tend and bags to sleep in. Some blankets and lights to use in the tend. He also looked for a lighter which was more hard than anything else to find. Since Alex wasn't a human anymore, he didn't cooked so he didn't used a lighter anymore either. But he eventually found one in a drawer in the kitchen.

All packed up he waited for Alex to be downstairs and hop in the car. It wasn't far from their house. Only 15-20 minutes of driving which was pretty close. A day and night in the open would be like a test for both of them. It was a first for him too.

While Akita was packing for their trip Alex had run upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes to be moving around outdoors. Not that anything he wore would be bad, but some things just fit better with certain activities than other. When he was ready he was heading downstairs to find that Akita was already waiting for him. A bright smile appearing on his face as he followed Akita out to the car, slipping into the passenger seat and getting comfortable for the drive.

It didn't take them long to reach their destination and before he knew it they were getting out of the car again. Taking in a deep breath he let it out in a pleased sigh before turning back to Akita. "This is going to be fun!" He said happily moving to help Akita carry their things. "Do you have a specific spot in mind or did you just want to hike around for awhile until we find a nice spot?" He asked curiously.

"Let's hike a little and we check the place. That way we can know our surroundings aswell" he said taking a deep breath of fresh air. "We don't have that many bags so we should be fine" he said taking his backpack with what he had pack from home starting to adventure into the forest on a small path that was in front of them.

Taking Alex's hand , they walked along that path till they reached an open space with great light and nature beauty. Not far from that place was a small pond where they could bath if they wanted to. "I think here is fine" he said turning to Alex dropping his backpack. "We can camp here. We have water source as well if we want to take a bath and from here we can see the sky perfectly clear at night since there are no trees to cover it" he said starting to unpack the tend and build it up.

"Okay!" Alex said happily, glad to take Akita's hand and walk along beside him. The whole world was so much more vivid now that he was a vampire and it was still easy for him to get distracted by all of it. So easy in fact that he didn't even realize they had made it to the spot that Akita thought was appropriate for them to camp in for the night. It was still early enough for them to set up camp and enjoy the area for a few hours before night would fall. Setting his backpack down he was more than happy to help Akita set up camp as he was thinking about all of the fun they could have here.

Glancing around once the tent was set up and taking in their little camping spot. "This is going to be great." He said after looking up at the sky. Akita had been right, it would be unhindered from the trees since they were in a pretty nice sized clearing. The night sky was sure to look gorgeous from this spot and he was glad to be able to share the experience with his boyfriend. Turning his gaze from the sky he took the other's hand and leaned up giving him a kiss. "Let's explore a little." Alex suggested eagerly.

"Let's go, that way we can get small wood branches for the fire later" he said fallowing the other exploring the area. It was a new experience for him too since he never went camping. Back in his human life he didn't had the chance since back then that wasn't something people will do cause they didn't know what was in the forest. They were too scared. So he stayed home safe. After as a vampire he was too concerned with exploring his vampire life more than camping and stuff. Now that he thought about it, Alex was kind of like him when he started his vampire life. Unpredictable and eager to see the cool stuff through vampire eyes.

Akita's thoughts were interupted by the stop the other made to look around the nature. But maybe i do have to remember my old days as a new vampire cause Alex is acting the same ... oh boy ... how much trouble did i make for Medive ... but i never had a bond with someone like Alex had. The thought was still bothering him but he tried to ignore the fear inside his chest. Shaking his head he got closer to Alex. "Found anything interesting?"

Despite the past month and his training Alex was still overly eager and he knew that it sometimes caused Akita concern. But he was doing a lot better in many things and had started to control some of his eagerness even if it still often got the best of him. At least now when Akita told him to do something he listened much better than that first day. Once in awhile he'd still put up a bit of a fight, but it wasn't very often or as bad as that day. Their travel in the woods looking for some perfect wood for their fire and to explore made him extremely happy. They had stopped at one point and were just looking around when he suddenly felt Akita closer to him the vampire asking if he found anything interesting.

A bright smile was Alex's response as he turned to his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around the other's neck. "Well, I did see a fox awhile back, it was so cute." He started before thinking a little more. "Though nothing is as interesting to me as you are." Alex added his smile only seeming to grow. Wrapping his arms around the other's neck he leaned up for a kiss before he was pulling away once more. Taking Akita's hand to drag him along as he was already speaking, "I think I saw a cave over here let's explore it!"

Wrapping his arms around his waist as well he liked the kiss that he received but he didn't kind of liked the idea of exploring some mysterious cave. Who knew what was in there. But, this time, he had to go with Alex and so as he wanted. If that was what it made him happy then that's it.

He fallowed silently the other till they reached the spoken cave. Looking around and making the whole picture it gave chills down his spine. He has seen to many movies with plot like this. Nothing ended well in a cave. "You sure you want to go there?" He was afraid. Yes, a vampire who was afraid to go in a strange dark place.

Alex had happily lead them back in the direction he recalled seeing the entrance to the cave earlier. His smile and excitement to explore it only seeming to grow when they were finally standing outside of the entrance. They weren't standing there for very long before he heard Akita ask if he was sure he wanted to go in there. "Of course I am. Who knows what exciting things could be in there." Alex instantly replied not even giving it any thought. But then in the corner of his eyes he became aware of how Akita's body language was giving off clear discomfort and unease at the idea of going into the dark cave.

This caused him to instantly turn to the older vampire his smile vanishing replaced by concern. "If you don't want to we don't have to." He told his boyfriend not wanting to make Akita do something he very clearly didn't want to do. "We can do something else. I think there was a creek back there somewhere we could follow. Maybe it leads somewhere interesting." He suggested instead.

Why do you act like a pussy!!! Man up already!! Your a vampire for gods sake" he was screaming in his mind as he shakened his head. "No ... You said you wanted to check it. I'm fine" he said trying to hide everything not wanting to look to weak in front of Alex. "I mean ... we did came here to explore stuff" he said grabbing the others hand in his. "We can go on there but ... don't you let go" he said pointing his hands together.

Alex definitely didn't want to do anything that would make Akita uncomfortable or unhappy, which was why he had offered that they did something else instead. Akita seemed determined that they do this though and was taking his hand telling him they could go in but to not let go of his hand. Nodding Alex waited to make sure that the other vampire seemed prepared enough for them to start to explore it before he lead the way into the cave. Pulling Akita along by the hand, the moment they made it past the mouth of the cave there was a clear temperature difference, which was not unexpected. The further they went the more interested Alex became, so far there wasn't much to see just the normal cave thing but he still had hope that something interesting would lie within the cave.

Feeling the others firm grip on his hand he got confident. He felt a little stupid for acting so weak towards such a stupid thing, but he couldn't help it. He had some fears that remained from when he was a human.

Fallowing the cave path he could feel the change of temperature with step they were making inside the cave. Lucky with their vampire sight it wasn't hard to see in the dark. It was normal for them.

"There's not much to see around here" he said feeling a little better than before outside of the cave. There were only strange weeds on the walls and a nasty smell of still water.

As they were walking deeper in the cave he sensed immediately a sulfuric smell which cared him a little. He didn't want to burst into a vampire nest or any other animal whatsoever. This was supposed to be a relaxing outdoor experience.

He started to notice on the walls small gem stones that were sparkling lightly. There was a smaller cave entrance through which they had to squeeze a little to go through. Once they were past it they encounter a small pond in which the ceiling was lifting itself up in the sky where there was a big whole and the sky was visible. From the dim light, the gem stones were now shining and sparkling in different colors.

"Wow ... this is beautiful" he said looking around trying to understand what all that was. As he checked the place he slowly understand where they were. "This is a still volcano cave".

"It really is." Alex agreed as he moved to examine some of the gems in the wall. Because of his earlier promise of not letting go of Akita's hand he ended up dragging the other vampire to the side with him not that it was a bad thing or anything like that. This whole place was really pretty and was definitely worth coming into the cave to discover. "I like this place." He commented running his fingers over some of the gems before he was turning back to Akita and giving his boyfriend a bright smile. "See? We found something really cool and there was no reason to be afraid." Alex said encouragingly.

This was definitely a nice place and he pulled Akita along with him as he explored it a little more. After a little bit of exploring he turned back to Akita. "It's pretty cool that we were able to find a place like this our very first time out exploring the woods." He mused with a small smile. Leaning over for a kiss. "What do you want to do now?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow. Not really sure if there was more of this cave to explore or if Akita had something else in mind now.

Since he had made the decisions up until that point he felt it was only fair that now they do something that his boyfriend wanted to do. Feeling like it was a pretty fair exchange if they did things like that. So they both had a chance to do something that they wanted. While waiting to see what Akita may want to do he was examining the cave more. At this point he had stopped taking deep breaths since he found the scents in the cave to be rather unpleasant. But that didn't stop him from enjoying it.

"If you like it here we can stay longer like till dark, and after we can return to camp to make the fire and have something to eat", he said still holding his hand but then he had let go.

"I think I'll be fine now" he said feeling a little embarrassed about that thing. "You were right, the place is ok. I should have sense it it was just ..." he started to find excuses

"It was just what?" Alex curiously asked watching his boyfriend wanting to understand why the cave had seemed to scare the other man. He wanted to understand everything about Akita, to know what the older vampire liked to do and be able to comfort him when he was scared. The cave had clearly had a negative affect on him in the beginning, and even though he seemed okay now he was still curious. "We could stay for a little while... these gems are gorgeous." Alex added when he turned back to the shinning gems on the cave walls.

"The reason i am afraid of cave was because ... back when i was human I was afraid of dark places and ...." he said sighing sitting on a rock looking around the place a little absent. He never told Alex how he was turned and what happened.

"It was way long ago in one night when i was returning from my office. I was working as an accountant. There were two guys fallowing me but never thought of anything. But they kidnapped me and brought me in a dark cave near the town and fed out of me" he bite his lip as he remembered everything feeling his body shaking a little.

"They didn't dry me out of blood but they had left me do die. The process is that a vampire has to drink till the last drop of blood for that person to turn, otherwise that person will die. Those guys were just hungry. I was lucky that Medive was passing by and sensed the blood in the air and came to check. When he found me i asked desperatly to be saved not wanting to die. I was a happy person. Had my life together, married, one kid. I had to keep on living" he took another deep breath as he continued.

"I didn't know that i would be turned so it was a surprised when I've found out. I thought i could handle my thirst of blood in the beginning but that was until I've killed my wife. Lucky the kids where still in school" he said lowering his eyes. "After that, Medive took me in and trained me as i do with you, to make me focus and to not let my craving for blood to hurt innocent people" he added looking at Alex hopping that he would finally understand why he did what he did.

"The hunger will never go away. But that's why there are rules to fallow as the Caramilla implied them all those years and everyone oblige. Now that the leader is dead, is even harder. The humans will not stand a chance. They don't know it yet but ... Their days are numbered till there will be someone to take that place" he added thinking now more about that fact. "And i guess that i now understand Medive's choice to keep Sakura alive and now turned into a vampire. He will be the next Caramilla leader. Cause he is the faimos shikon jewel and he is a different vampire than all of us. A different breed. So we must protect them, but first of all, we must protect US by keeping a low profile" he kind of changed the subject from him to the whole leader stuff that was going on in the vampire world. The stupid general will have to die eventually, and that will be by my

Once Akita started to tell his story Alex moved to take a seat nearby, crossing his legs and looking expectantly up at the older man. Listening to the story about how Akita had been an accountant, heading home from the office one night when his life was basically changed forever. Instantly Alex felt bad for Akita, this life was something he had chosen because of the other man but it wasn't something that Akita had consciously chosen. Which was made clear by the fact that he even said that he had not known Medive saving his life would end up in him becoming a vampire. Despite that he wanted to ask if it hadn't been so bad then since Medive had been there but before he had the chance he learned about an even more depressing part of Akita's past.

It wasn't just that the older vampire had accidentally killed his wife or that he was lucky that the kids were still in school at the time but it made him even more concerned about his boyfriend. "You must miss them..." Was the first thing that came out of him and Alex hadn't even realized that he had said that at first. But then he refocused and remained focused on that, "Did you ever... you know... look into what happened to your kids after that?" Clearly centuries had passed since then, but it made him wonder if his children had kids and if there was a modern relative alive in this day and age. Made him curious if Akita had ever looked into that or if he had just left such things in his past.

Still he wanted to ask Akita more but the older vampire had changed things to a different topic and what was going to be happening to the world. When he was told that Sakura would end up being the new leader of the Caramilla he frowned and looked at his lap not sure he liked the idea but understanding why Akita and Medive may. "What does being the jewel have to do with what kind of vampire he is?" Alex asked not understanding. He had kept his mind off Sakura since that incident and didn't care enough to ask since he was afraid of that bond getting between him and Akita again. Sure the other vampire had seemed different when he had met Sakura that day but he hadn't exactly been in the right frame of mind to notice much when around him.

"But don't humans outnumber vampires? How can their lives be in that much danger?" Alex didn't really understand the full gravity of the situation. He understood that things weren't safe still and that the human population was in danger, but he didn't really see the human race as a whole was in danger. Feeling that a smaller human population might be better for a lot of things. Not that he was against the human race or anything. He didn't think of them as a pest but he definitely felt that they'd survive this and that it wouldn't really harm much. Maybe even rebalance the planet instead of damaging it.

Akita clearly changed the subject from his past as he didn't want to talk about such sensitive matter. He left all behind not wanting to know anything about them. Because the simple idea of knowing they were alive and well but he was far away was hurting him to much and he couldn't handle. At first he saw his children and family for couples of years, but after he deleted them from his mind, shutting them in a pocket somewhere in his mind, in where he never looked until now.

"Sakura is different than from the normal vampires. For one thing i am sure. He is more ok on controlling himself with blood. The rest i still do not know but .... he .... feels different than the new vampires i've meat across the years" he said shrugging. When hearing the others question about the human world he started laughing amused by the fact that Alex thought humans were majority. "Humans are not the only species that is high numbered" he said sitting up and making a few steps in front of the other then turned to face him. "Vampires are too. in fact ... Some of the 'people' you've seen on the Tv are vampires but they've chosen a normal life and to settle. They don't want war, just a place where they can belong" he added kneeling in front of Alex.

"Vampires have been nomads for centuries. They tried to settle down but there was always a war making it difficult for them to stay in one place. Not that now is any different" he shrugged. He then looked up and saw that it was starting to get darker. "We should get back to camp" he said holding his hand in the air for the other.

Alex wasn't unaware that Akita completely avoided answering his questions and was now focused solely on the conversation involving Sakura. It made him question why exactly Akita kept moving away from such topics but at the same time he knew bringing it up and pressing the matter would only make his boyfriend mad at him. So he decided to humor him for now and try to bring it up another time. "I guess..." He said when Akita said that Sakura felt different than other vampires and had a better time controlling himself with blood. Still not really liking the idea of the other vampire being in charge of anything much less so many vampires. But there was no point in saying that, no matter what it'd probably happen and he'd get over it.

Since Akita was the main vampire in his life now he figured it didn't really matter who was in charge of who. He'd still have who was important to him and his life would continue on. That thought in mind made him happy and so he decided he really didn't care if Sakura ended up in that position or not. His mind being pulled from his thoughts when he was told that vampires had a high number too and that some of the people he saw on tv were actually vampires who had decided to chose a normal life and to settle. "Why would any vampire want to do that? It seems so... boring." He asked not understanding the concept.

Watching the older vampire move and kneel down before him as he continued to tell him about such things. "Well... that and the whole unaging thing..." He added with a small smile. Taking the hand that was offered to him and getting up from his spot allowing Akita to lead the way back to their camp. Happily holding his boyfriend's hand the entire time. "I don't know... I suppose if they were settling down somewhere with the right person I can get it." He mused giving the other another bright smile. Then he got serious again though, "So... do you really think things will take a bad turn again? I mean... things seem pretty quiet right now..." Alex seriously asked a little concerned.

"I am afraid of that. Cause I will have to join the fight" he said as they were walking through the passage in the cave from where they came in. "I have some ... unfinished business with ... a vampire to which I need to revenge the death of a close friend and mentor of mine" he said feeling his body tensing as he started to think of him. That man/vampire will have no easy death.

"Things will get bad as more and more humans had gone 'missing' with no explanation whatsoever. The media will not be able to control it for much longer" he said managing to get out of the cave taking a deep breath.