Apple blossoms

KoBu

" Yukie! Hush! I told you you don't need to fuss about that!" Litid whispered to his brother.

Evelyn bit her lip. " Now Littie it's fine. He--they're you little brothers they deserve to know." She took a deep breath. " Your father and I decided that.... if by the end of this month, if nothing else happens for us to worry about your .... condition any further, Litid will be safe enough to stay." She spoke honeslty. "But while we'd love to have all of you under one roof... we have to think about what is best for the family as a whole... Do you understand what that means Yukie?"

Carlton looked into the rearview at the moment his wife asked their son this question, gauging his reaction.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• KoBu

“.....I would ask that I get my dosage corrected...possibly have the medicine removed...” yukie replied carefully as he looked down at his lap not brave enough to tell them his real problems.

“...I know it’s not my place but the medicine you’ve been giving yukie, his behavior is a common side effect of being under stimulated in a poof schooling environment.” Ayme admitted as he looked at the two “I dealt with the same problem father corrected it through hard schoolwork and punishment tasks for not being focused on what he asked eventually I learned how to better manage my issues and How to deal with my boredom.” Ayme explained as he looked his father in the eyes. “No good will come of sedating him at night to sleep and pumping him full of medicine that keeps him tense and on edge.”

Their parents gave each other a look. With a sigh, Evelyn answered "We'll talk to the doctor about it and give it a try. If we don't see any improvement by the end of the month... we'll have to go with what we originally planned alright?"

It was a risk, but Evelyn wanted all of her boys happy and healthy. So it was a risk she would have to take.

"Anyway, enough about that, Ayme would mind if you slept in with Yukie till we've cleared out the upstairs office for your room?" She asked. Evelyn then pulled out a book of colors wallpaper schemes, and other things to decorate the room with and handed it to Ayme and explained on all the different choice he could pick from for his room

“Can’t I just stay with yukie instead of having my own room?” Ayme asked confused why he would need his own room as he looked over everything and feeling a little overwhelmed put it on the floor not wanting to be away from yukie.

Evelyn nodded after a moment, "well yes if you really wanted to I don't see why not, we haven't moved any of the office down yet so--"

"Evie your a little too excited for these boys to handle right now. Let's all just get home and eat, rest and relax for awhile before we discuss any of that ok? " Carlton cut in knowing his wife all to well when she had a project going in her head.

Once they finally made it home, everyone tumbled out of the car and headed inside for dinner. Once everyone had stuffed their belly, and helped to clean up, Litid excused himself to his room, stating simply he was just tired and wanted to turn in early for the night.

Once he was sitting reach of his bed, the albino fell onto it face first and curled around his old dragon that Yukie had gotten him for his 10th birthday, and fell asleep oblivious to the world

Yukie lead Ayme up to his room as the two snuggled down and eventually yukie fell asleep while Ayme got up in search of his new father.

The next day had Litid up bright and early showering and grooming for school. He poked his head in to check on the twins before he left. He gave both a kiss on their cheeks and quickly left to grab some breakfast and make his way to school.

Ayme was first to wake up as he wandered around confused clearly looking for his father as he sat in the office and just waited yukie meantime clearly wanting to sleep in his medicine making him quite drowsy the sleep aide helping him a lot more.

Evelyn had been fixing breakfast when she noticed Ayme make his way to Carl's office. She poked her head in. "Sweetie? If your looking for Carl, he took Litid. " she said simply. "Its supposed to rain today so he took Littie to school this morning."

“...I’m suppose to wait for him to get back” Ayme mumbled sleepily clearly a little defensive of staying in the office as he looked up a little at Evelyn clearly confused and lost as he just stayed by the desk his own father having groomed him to be his personal item so of course he was just going with routine and was scared and confused of the change of not having Yu around.

Evie raised a brow. " Um... alright then. Well he's going to be a little while, would you like some breakfast while your waiting?" She offered.

"I made some French toast and waffles. "

“No” Ayme mumbled as yukie poked his head in and frowned a little gently pulling on his moms shirt to get her attention.

“Ayme needs to be alone for awhile” he replied gently recognizing the signs he had seen many times before when he had gone and visited his brother at yus house and stayed the night hence why the two where so weirdly close. “I can help set the table” he admitted before going and gathering afew things from the drawers and shelves taking anything that could be dangerous to Ayme if he tried to hurt himself as he went and took them down to the kitchen.

With an unsure smile, Evelyn left.

It wasn't ten minutes later that Carlton came back, soaked down to the bone. "Whelp looks like I don't need a shower" he snickered. His wife had her hands on her hips as he came through the door. "You will once your done clean up my rug from your muddy shoes!" She scolded.

Carlton scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

Shoe removed and wet coat taken off, Carlton now stood in his face towleing out his wet hair, looking over some mail he retrieved on his way in, not noticing Ayme in his space.

“...dad?...I need to talk to you alone” yukie replied having shut Ayme in the room as he frowned not wanting to tell his mother what his father should be worried about as he looked away clearly not wanting to talk about the subject with female ears nearby.

Carlton jumped at the sound of his sons voice.

"Oooohhhh~ Yukie your dad's not as young as he used to be, imma get a heart attack of ya keep sneaking up on me." He scolded but it was with a light heart. He smiled at his boys and sat in his office chair.

"Anyway whay is it you wanted to talk about?"

“...Ayme might not know his personal boundaries with you, his boundaries with Yu where...you could say conflicting he might try to do...adult things” yukie replied knowing how deep Ayme and yu’s relationship was as he tried to talk calmly and gently knowing Ayme was sitting at the side of the desk listening and having a slight meltdown. “...I’ve known Ayme for almost half a year...but I never told anyone what happened and it’s my fault he’s so damaged so if he’s bad punish me instead”

Carlton stared wide eyed a moment. He took a deep breath. "I'm...... I won't punish either of you for that.... He'll need to learn his boundaries but it's not his fault for being ....'conditioned'. We haven't any real clue what has happened to him over the years." Carl explained as he thought of the whole situation. "He's more relaxed with you Yukie so maybe you can help him understand what father's and sons are supposed to like.... could you do that?" Carl asked.

“I can try...” yukie replied slightly liking the responsibility as he looked at his father for a moment before thinking a little. “...a good start might be giving him something normal to do like read a book or organize some papers in here so he gets use to you around him and learns you don’t expect things of him.”

"Alright .... well for now you two go enjoy the breakfast your mom cooked up for you." Carlton said as he peeked over the side and smirked at Ayme. "And next time just come out and talk to me kiddo. You don't have to hide here ..." He said with a reassuring smile.

The morning went by relatively slow, what with the rain outside. Around lunch however, as Carlton had Ayme re-organizing some of the books on his shelf, he recieved a call from the school.

"Ah ... ok ..... yes, yes.... is he alright otherwise? .... yes of course I'll be there shortly, yes thank you .... you too.good bye." Carl hung up and grabbed his coat and headed for the door, telling Evelyn briefly that Litid seemed to be feeling sick and threw up during lunch. "I'll be back shortly."

“Get icecream on the way back!” Yukie yelled after him as he laid on the living room floor working on some schoolwork Ayme slightly supervising as he looked over his work and corrected it slightly helping the younger with some of the advanced books he had brought with him.

Carlton rolled his eyes with a smirk but decided to just get it anyway.

Bringing Litid home however proved to be a bit of a chore. The boy must have had a twenty four hour flu bug. He was barely able to stand when Carl picked him up from the nurses office. The albino needed to be carried out to the car. Getting him in the house proved to be just as bad.

"Yukie! Ayme! Could you get the bags from the car, I need to take your brother upstairs!" He called for the twins from the door and proceed to carry the albino up to his room and tuck him in.

Carlton came back down to Evelyn and explained how Litid just suddenly started feeling sick, and that he'd take him to see the doctor tomorrow

“...is litid going to die?” Yukie asked carrying in the bags as Ayme helped the two looking up at dad as they set the bags down inside Ayme running off to go clean up the tower he had made out of books in the office while yukie just stared at his father confused why litid was so sick.

"Pfff no of course not." Carlton snickered as he was tucking Litid into bed. The albino's face was almost glowing with the flush from fever on his cheeks. " he's just got a little bug that's all. He just needs some rest and fluids and he'll be fine in a few days." Carlton explained further. He fluffed up his eldest son's pillow then looked to his twins. "Thunk y ou can keep him from getting out of bed while I fetch a few things to make him feel better?" He asked with a grin

“We can do that” yukie replied as he looked a litid and crawled into the bed snuggling down beside him with a cute yawn Ayme of course following next and snuggling into him the two wanting to just snuggle the hell out of him. Yukie of course covering his brother in some blankets and stuffed animals and Ayme sitting ready to read to him a very strange frog anatomy book he had brought into the house with him.

Litid gave a little groan as the twins climbed into bed with him, the sick boy still asleep, but he eventually calmed and went back to peacefully snoozing with the two beisde him.

But as he slept, the albino began to dream. He was back in Iceland. Snow was falling gently to the ground. He was little.

"Mother? Mother come see!!"

He heard himself call out. But his mother just sat under her tree, away from the sun. Mother never let him out in the sun very long. " Don't go far my snow child"

"Móðir ....Móðir .... Ekki yfirgefa mig" He called out, voice scratchy

• Saga locked this topic