Apple blossoms

KoBu

"What about him?"

"Why.... why is he so....white ?!"

"Well he has albinism.... He's an Albino..."

The woman looked at the small boy who sat playing by himself. She felt a mixture of fascinate and sadness.

"Why is he all alone? Is he sick?"

"No he... He just likes to play alone..."

A twinge twisted the woman's heart. She looked to the man beside her. Her eyes pleading as tears brimmed on her lashes. The woman knew the foster mother wasn't giving them the whole truth. But she didn't pay it any mind.

"Evelyn ..... look at the boy... He's obviously sick. He'd be more trouble then he's worth" Evelyn's husband countered quickly. " We have one young boy at home already. And this one he.... I think he'd be to delicate for our son to play with.... what kind of life would he li-- Evelyn!"

Evelyn had turned away from her husband. She didn't care, she ignored his call and crouched beside the pale boy. He jumped and scuttled away from her. The boy hid himself under a nearby table.

Evelyn watched sadly and held out her hand.

" Hello .... did I scare you? I'm so sorry....won't you come back and maybe play with me ... just for a little bit?" Her voice spoke gently, nearly a whisper in the room. Children, whom had been playing before, now stood still and watched.

After what felt like ages, the boy moved if only a little back towards Evelyn. She still held out her hand, her patient smile never wavering. The boy moved a little bit more, and then again.... And then again. Until finally, Evelyn felt small cold fingers in her palms. Her smile grew brighter.

"My name is Evie... Will you tell me yours?"

The boy stared at her. Evelyn, haf she not known any better, would swear she was looking at a fairy or maybe a friendly ghost. His eyes a tinted pinkish hue, his lashes, hair and skin all white as the snow. But his voice sounded so small and rough, like he hadn't used it in ages

"Litid .... My mother called me Litid"

●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□●□

After many months of negotiating, lawyers, and paperwork. Evelyn would finally get to bring her new baby boy home . Just in time for her first son's birthday.

Speaking of which, Evelyn headed upstairs to check on him. She wanted him ready and downstairs to greet his father and new little brother. They'd be home any minute. She called out to him, and poking in through the bedroom doors upstairs.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• KoBu

Yukie looked over at his mother the toddler busy playing with his stuffed rabbit as he looked up his blue eyes shining and his black hair quite messy from his afternoon nap. He looked away ignoring her clearly more focused on playing with his dinosaurs and stuffed animals.

" Aren't you excited ukie? Your birthday is just around the corner, and Daddy is going to be bringing a special surprise home for you today!!" Evelyn gushed as she stewed meat and fried up some veggies. ANd Carlton was bringing Litid home today! She was hoping for a positive response from her youngest son.

It wouldn't be long now. Another 15 minutes and everything would be ready and her boys would all be home!

“The dinosaurs got killed by the space rocks” yukie replied showing his mother the pretty rock he had found and his dinosaur toy as he snuggled her leg and looked up at her. “Was daddy at work” Yukie asked not having noticed his father had left.

"No sugarplum, Daddy is at a very special place bringing home someone very special for you!" Evie said as she patted the tot's head.

"This will give you someone to play with when Daddy and I have to do things around the house. And somebody to give you more love!"

“..…like someone at the park?” Yukie asked as he blushed and looked up at his mum reaching up and wanting to be held not really liking the sudden change as it could clearly be seen on his face.

" Something like that yes..." Evelyn nodded. She began pulling the stew out of the cooker and into a largeceramic serving bowl when she heard a car door outside.

" EEEEEEee!! They're here! Yukie c'mere and lemme introduce you!" The mother picked up her youngest son and quickly headed for the front door.

Outside, Carlton had taken hold of Litid's bag. The little Albino insisted he at least carry his little backpack. He was nervous, and near ready to just run back into the car and demand he go back to the orphangage. Carlton.... Daddy said he was a big brother to a little boy named Yukie.... Litid never got along with other kids why would this be any different!? The moment the little boy would get a look at him, Mommy and Daddy would send him straight back anyway for making their really baby boy cry!

“...I want to stay inside” yukie fussed as he huffed and squirmed not liking suddenly being taken outside as he looked at father and the strange child before him. “....pretty” yukie mumbled into his mum the boy suddenly quite shy as he clung to his mother not use to meeting other kids since he was so young.

Evelyn was overjoyed and nudged litt e Yukie towards Litid.

Litid looked shaken and ready to cry. The bright afternoon sun wasn't doing any favors for him either. Carlton spoke up, " Maybe we shold go inside, have something to drink and maybe a little snack then?"

Carlton quickly ushered Litid inside, Evelyn close behind with Yukie in her arms.

Takign his bags, Carlton set Litid down at the table in the kitchen and held out a little glass of water. The albino nodded a quick thanks before taking a small swig. Evie had settled in Yukie in the chair across from Litid and she sitting down beside him.

" So Litid, did you bring anything besides your clothes. Are there any games you'd like to play? Maybe books you like to read?"

She asked, trying to start some conversation with the boys. Litid looked between his new mother and new brother. "... Um... I didn't have too much and anything we use has to stay at orphanage.... for any other kids who have to be there. ANd nobody really likes to play with a ghost..."

“You can play dinosaurs with me!” Yukie replied wiggling down off the chair as he ran off to get his toys clearly already liking litid. He came back afew minutes later with all of his Dino’s and set them on the table along with some books as he carefully crawled back up on the chair.

Litid nearly jumped put of his chair when the younger boy spoke so excitedly, and again as he dumped a load of toys and books onto the table.

"....Th-thank you?" He spoke quietly and slowly reached for one of the toys, tense after a moment waiting for Yukie to either snatch it away or cry.

Evelyn just watched fascinated and amused at how well Yukie was taking to Litid. "While you two play why don't I finish dinner, you and daddy must be starving from the long drive here, right sweetie?" She offered getting up from her chair and already moving to the stove.

“I can show you fish when we are done with dinner he lives in the fish tank in the playroom” Yukie replied with a smile as he looked through a book quite happy to have someone around who wasn’t a grown up.

Litid looked up at Evelyn, pleading to tell him what to say. She made a motion for him to go and play with Yukie. That's it'll be ok. So, with shakey ghostly white hands, Litid picked up a brightly colored dinosaurs and looked to Yukie for further instruction. "....what now?"

“...well we make up adventures like in the story books” Yukie replied with a smile as he picked up a smaller dinosaur and made it a little house out of a book finding the task quite fun.

The albino tried his best to mimic his little brother, but his little house turned out a little tilted but for some reason it stayed just fine for what ever reason.

And for the next nine years it seemed to be that way. As Litid entered school, he would often try to cling to Yukie or hide himself away if his younger brother wanted to play with his other friends. Not to say Litid didn't make friends of his own, he had Kallina who he had met in his grade school years, and they had a strong friendship.

Evelyn and Carl were just happy both boys seem to get along fine.

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■

9 years later,

Litid sat at his desk in his room focusing on his homework for English, his glasses falling slightly askew down the bridge of his nose. His white hair, having grown out, was tied to a low ponytail so as not to obscure his vision from the words that now began to sting his eyes when he tried to read.

“That looks boring as hell” yukie mumbled coming into his brothers room without knocking as he sat himself down on the bed quite curious as to why his elder brother studied so hard.

(what are their ages now)

Litid jumped from the sudden surprise presence of his younger brother, letting a less then masculine squeal. He gave a sigh once his heart was back in his rib cage. " Yukie, if I've told you once I've told you a thousand times, I don't mind if you want to come in but at least announce yourself some way!" Litid scolded lightly.

" And it's not boring, it just gets tiring and strains the eyes when I sit and study like this, but no it's not boring..."

“If I do that it takes away the fun of scaring everyone in the house” yukie explained as he smirked and rearranged his brothers pillows having a strange habit of having things a certain way since he had developed some mental issues growing up. “And if it’s boring why don’t you take a break and go outside with me. Everyone else is to busy to be bothered with my issues on the length of grass outside.”

Litid chuckled.

" you know I can't be outside for very long. I start to get sick if I'm not wearing a thousand layers of sunscreen carrying an umbrella and a sun hat" Litid explained again. He and Yukie often had this conversation when they were littlier. " If you can last until dusk I can be out as long as you want before bed time... how's that?" He asked with a smile.

“I can do that just don’t tell mom I’m taking my medication late and I’ll buy you ice cream” yukie replied as he snuggled down in the bed prepared to take a nap until litid was ready.

Litid gave another sigh, "you really should take your medicine when your supposed to Yukie..." He scolded again but turned back to his homework.

After about another hour and a half, Litid sat back in his chair and stretched, his arms reaching into the air, his back arching against the seat's back. A groan escaped his lips as he felt his muscles pull and his back popped a little.

With a sigh, Litid brought his hands back down and got up out of his chair and leaned over his bed and poked Yukie's cheek. "Hey... I'm all done now. Do you still want to go outside?" He asked in a whisper

“I’ll be fine...I don’t hear the voices that often and it’s not like I listen to them” yukie replied with a shrug as he rolled over and took a nap only to be woken up an hour and a half later as he yawned cutely and sat up. “Let’s get icecream and go for a nice walk the house is to quiet” yukie admitted as he streatched waking up a little more.

"Are there any places open this late?" Litid asked. While he tended to go with what ever his little brother wished, the albino also wasn't one for going out into town. All the stares he got when he went to school were bad enough. Goo mg out at night, it was less likely to open but once he stepped into lights on the street, it was .... a bit harder to keep the crowd from screaming at him. "Anyway, besides the ice cream shop, where did you want to walk to?"

“I want to meet someone at the park...but you can’t tell mum and dad” yukie replied with a small smile as he got up ready to head out on their adventure.

Litid looked wide eyed a moment. "Yukie .... if you are meeting someone you need to keep secret, I don't think you should be meeting them, especially at night in the park.... that always spells trouble for people..." He tried to reason with his younger brother.

• Saga locked this topic