"Fall from Grace" (Private, 18+)

Arekushisu

Belial laughed softly and he shook his head gently, "Are you sure you'll be alright?" he asked softly but was answered by Rasniel's independent walking. He felt tired, but he never really did walk anyway. He found it hard and tiresome, but sometimes it was good to get out and just walk about rather than fly. But flying was his everything, the beauty of this world, or the world he left when he lost Rasniel, was something he wished to see everyday. After Rasniel passed that beauty lost its glow, and he found himself spending more and more time in Hell.

He tilted his face and looked at Rasniel, his heart was speeding up and he then stopped making Belial stop as well. "Right..." he said softly thinking. The pollution in the air didn't bother him because he was immortal. So really he never found the need for those hideous masks everyone wore around, and he was still unfamilliar with the world that Rasniel now called home. "Ah...let me run ahead...there are usually check points outside the cities and such getting papers from people coming in. They'll have some." He looked at Rasniel and smiled. "I'll be right back, just sit down and try and keep your breathing normal okay?"

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arekushisu

• hal7283

Rasniel waved goodbye to Ben and found himself a pile of rubble to sit on. He watched Ben's back became slower and slower as he got further away, eventually to the point where he could not see him anymore. It has been quite a long time since Rasniel found himself alone and it allowed him to think and contemplate about his life, which for the longest time was an unending cycle of suffering at day and nightmares at night, and the only thing kept him going was the existence of his friend Zack. And then Ben suddenly entered his life, and everything changed. For the first time in his life Rasniel was enjoying being alive, looking forward to the next moment. He felt safe, at peace, and wished Zack could also share in this happiness.

"Rasniel!"

The sudden voice dragged Rasniel back to reality, he turned around and saw the familiar figure running towards him. Rasniel was surprised and overjoyed, and immediately ran up to the person for a friendly embrace.

"Zack! What are you doing here!"

“I'm here to find you of course! I got here as soon as I could after I got the phonecall from Ben. I was worried sick about you you know."

"Yeah... I know... sorry about that..."

"Come on let's go home."

Zack held Rasniel's hand and was about to leave, but Rasniel didn't move and said hurriedly: "Wait, Ben just went to get a gas mask for me and will be returning soon. We should wait for him and leave together."

"Leave?" Zack turned around and looked at Rasniel with a confused look.

"Yeah, leave! Ben said he could take us away from the city to somewhere nice, somewhere we could live a good life!" Rasniel said with excitement, but soon noticed the expression on the face of his old friend. "What's the matter Zack?"

"Rasniel...." Zack sighed and held Rasniel's hands tightly and looked him straight in the eyes saying: "Rasniel... since when did you get so careless?"

"What... what do you mean Zack?"

"Haven't we been fooled enough? We both know all those rich and powerful people care are themselves. Whatever that 'Ben' had in mind for you is all for his own good."

"But...!"

"I know what you're going to say, you're going to say that if he means you any harm he would've done so long ago, but that's because it doesn't matter to him! You, me, the gang, this whole city, all of it! We're worthless! He helped you because he felt like it before, god knows when he will change his mind! When he felt like it he would just throw you away as easily as he wiped out the gang!"

"Ben isn't like that!" Rasniel said loudly as he pulled his hands away from Zack's grip. 'He really cares about us."

"Really? You think you know that man? Just how well do you know about this 'Ben'? Where did he came from? What does he do? Don't let all of his power and charm cloud your mind Rasniel, this world is a hellhole, and all we have are each other!"

Rasniel fell silent and lowered his head, staring at his feet. Everything happened since he met Ben played in his mind, and soon he looked up to Zack and said: "You're right Zack, this world is a hellhole... But it doesn't mean we can't find kindness, and love in it... I mean, we found each other right? I'm not asking you to trust him, but I'm asking you to trust me, trust my judgment, and my gut feeling is we can trust Ben."

Zack looked at Rasniel quietly for a while and sighed, smiling weakly as he spread his hand, shaking his head slightly and said: "Alright Rasniel... I give up...."

"Zack!" Rasniel smiled thinking he had convinced his old friend, but as he was about to go up to Zack and hug him he felt an unprecedented pressure coming from his old friend which stopped him from going any further.

"I knew this would happen when you two met... I thought guiding the gang to you could buy me some time to sway you away from him but... Well, that didn't work." Zack looked at Rasniel with a smile, but his expression was one of great sadness and pity, but it's not the kind that's between one equal man to another, but from a overlooking perspective like a mother to her son, or a king to his subject.

"Zack... wh...what are you talking about?" Rasniel was frightened and shocked by the sudden change of Zack, he was sweating like crazy, every cell in his body was screaming, wanting to escape. He wanted to run and escape but he couldn't even move a finger.

Zack raise his hand and pointed a finger at Rasniel's forehead, and a small ball of light occurred at the tip of the finger. "Don't worry this won't hurt a bit. I wish I could say everything would be better but... that's not the divine's will. But don't worry, his eyes are always uppon you, and so will mine, just like I've watched over you this whole time..."

The light at Zack's finger tip grew in size, sparking with holy energy, and it was about to punch a hole through Rasniel's skull in any second.

Belial waved back to Rasniel and he walked slowly at first until he knew he was out of sight then he ran. It took him less than a few minutes to get the outpost and he grabbed two gas masks knowing that if he didn't grab one as well Rasniel would suspect something of him. He waved to the guard and told him they would be back through in a few moments before walking back to Rasniel. He slowly walked, wondering what he was going to do with the situation. He didn't know anything about this kid, where he was from, what his parents were like, where he went to school. But he knew he could trust him, and he believed that his love was locked up in Rasniel's current mind and body. Their old memories locked away by something holy and untouchable by him.

He felt a singing feeling and his head snapped up, his body went stone still. This feeling he had felt before, it was the same one he had felt when Rasniel was being burned alive. Tears came to his eyes and he looked up, "Not again you asshole." he screamed and his wings burst from his back lifting him high up into the sky. He beat them like he never had before, he looked down on the scene before him and his enire body shook. Zack stood just inches away from Rasniel holding up his hand to the boys face, the holy light shining from it ready to fire and take his love away again. He screamed and he dived down at the last minute right when Zack was letting go that light he landed and hugged Rasniel to his chest putting his back to Zack.

He cried out as he felt the pain in his back, his wings flattened against him falling limply to his sides like they were wounded as well. He coughed and blood sputtered up from his mouth, he chuckled softly, "Zack...? Who knew you were an angle...you hide your scent well..Rasniel takes up alot of my senses...I didn't notice you." he coughed again and he stood straight up again having slumped against Rasniel at the blow. His fingers caressed his face, "Sleep." he said softly and Rasniels eyes closed and he guided his body slowly down to the ground.

He then turned on Zack, "Don't take him from me again...please...I will do anything for him and he knows it...He doesn't know who I am, what I am...I figured if I kept my identity from him this would work out...but even that wont work." he winced and stood straight his crown shining transparently above his head. "At least give me till he finds out his memories...give me that much time with him please...I beg of you to let me stay with him till he remembers who I am and who he was." he said his back clad with blood an unhealing wound that would take ages to fully heal. He picked Rasniel's sleeping body up and he looked at Zack, "He is your best friend...you can't tell me that you faked that the entire time you were with him...You can't tell me that everything was a lie..." he said weakly wiping his lips.

He turned and started to walk back to the cabin, "When he remembers...you can try and pry him from me...this time I wont make it as easy to take him from me." he said and shook his head. Slowly walking back to the cabin, he knew that the sleeping spell wouldn't last for long, and Rasniel would wake and most likely remember everything about him once he saw his wings and or once they fell in love again and Belial cant take the pain of lying to him anymore. He just hoped that Zack let them go for now, and the same with Lucifer.

Zack took a few steps back when Belial suddenly occured and sheltered Rasniel from his attack. He thought he had hidden his prescence from Belial well but he underestimated how much attention Belial put on Rasniel and how quick he reacted to Rasniel's danger. Zack thought about fighting Belial right there and kill Rasniel on the spot, especially with Belial now being injured, but soon decided otherwise. After all as powerful as Zack was, he was no match to Belial.

He got out of Belial's way and let him take Rasniel away. He looked at the back of the devil with great sadness, and finally he said: "Rasniel's spirit is bound to this earth and there's nothing you can do to free him. If you try to take his soul or bring him to hell he would simply vanish. That's how the lord decreeed, sentencing him to endless cycle of suffering as mortals without knowing who he truly was. I tried to kill him because he was getting close to remembering but... if you stop him from remembering, I can promise you that he can live the rest of 'this life' with you on earth without any interference from us. But if you insist on bringing his memories back... I'll have no choice but to call for divine intervention... Think about it."

With that said Zack disappeared from this plain of existence, leaving Belial and Rasniel alone.

Belial looked at the place Zack once stood and he sighed. He knew what he had to do but he didn't want to do it. His wings retracted and his body shuddered as it made room for them amongst the wounded flesh. Once resituated he picked Rasniel back up and carried him to their small cottage. Once there he placed Rasniel on the bed and collapsed beside him, his back was ripped and torn exposing the flesh underneath it. He was bleeding but he didn't find the need to stop it. His eyes started to close and his fingers touched Rasniel's cheek, "Wake...keep me awake.." he said softly. He knew well he wouldn't die, but the wound was weakening him greatly and he would rather stay awake with Rasniel at his side than fall asleep in pain and have a nightmare he conjured up.

He coughed and blood trickled from his lips and he closed his eyes fully, "Rasniel...I'm sorry...I try and keep you out of harms way...nothing works..." he said and winced his arms going around his waist and he pulled his lower body up. He could hear his cell phone ringing in the background but he didn't want to answer it. He knew all too well it was Lucifer, wondering what had happened to him. Hell goes into a state of shock when he is hurt, ir close to death. Lucifer of all people feels it the most, they have been partners for all their existence except for the short period Rasniel accompanied Belial. It wasn't hard for the being to know when Belial was under distress or pain.

The loud ring of a cellphone pulled Rasniel from his slumber and he gradually awoke from a nightmare, which considering the circumstances was probably still better than the reality he is now facing. He opened his eyes and saw Ben beside him. He sat up immediately and saw the state Ben was in.

"Ben! Oh god your're hurt! Wh....What?" He screamed out seeing the wounds but didn't panic for too long. He regained his calm quickly and said: "You're badly hurt and bleeding! Help me take your clothes of so I can tend your wounds!"

Belial let the phone go to voicemail and he sighed gently closing his eyes once more trying to get some sleep. He felt the shift on the bed and he noticed Rasniel gasp. He opened his eyes and he smiled softly, "Hello love.." he coughed and sat up gently wincing here and there. He nodded gently and raised his arms taking the shirt off of him letting it fall to the ground. "Just be careful...I'm sore all over and I'm close to passing out.." he said softly panting here and there. He turned and showed the wound to Rasniel. His back was charred and blistered on the rims of the wound, but on the inside it was simply open flesh bleeding down his back. "Just...be careful...I know it will be hard but try.." he said softly knowing that the wound would be showing alot more than he wanted to.

Rasnie gasped when Ben took off his clothes and revealed the full extent of his wounds. While he knew Ben wasn't exactly normal, but there's no way for him to tell exactly how abnormal Ben was, and how serious the wound really was to him. Thus he had to judge the situation based on past expierence and common sense, which told him that the injury was far beyond what Rasniel could properly treat. Nontheless he did all he could: carefully cleaned the wound and wrapped it losly with clean clothes he got from tearing the bed sheets to shreads.

"Wait here and I'll find a doctor." Rasniel said hurriedly and was about to rush out the door.

Belial tightened his grip on the bed as his eyes shut, "Mmhph.." he wanted to cry out but he knew better than to let his words echo through the house. "Rasniel...gentle.." he said softly his back arching every time he would touch him the slight pain of the sheets hurting the wounds even more. Finally when he was finished Belial fell onto his side on the bed and his chest was heaving. "No! Don't go!" He said about to jump out of bed and stop Rasniel from getting a doctor. "I'll be fine! Just...don't get a doctor." he said sickly and collapsed slightly on the bed. "I'll be fine Rasniel, even a doctor couldn't possibly help with this mess..." he said softly and whimpered as he moved onto his stomach noticing that the cloth was already red from the blood. "Give me my phone...I'll call someone who can come help..." he said and looked at Rasniel his hand reaching out to him.

Rasniel was about to rush out of the door when he heard the voice of Ben, he looked back and saw him about to get up from the bed and chase after himself, and immediately rushed back to Ben's side crying: “Don't move, it's bad for your wound!" He got the phone as Ben instructed and handed it to him, afterwards he felt silent.

Rasniel didn't have much time to dwell into the situation since he woke up because he was too busy with trying to take care of Ben. But now he had nothing to do but to wait for Ben to call for help, he couldn't help but thinking about Zack, his best and only friend, the person he thought he knew everything about. But the truth was the exact opposite, and it made him feel lost. More than ever he felt weak and powerless, and the strange dull pain he was feeling in his heart became almost unbearable to the point it was driving Rasniel crazy.

Belial laughed softly as he was pushed back into the bed and his fingers moved taking the phone from Rasniels fingers. "Stay here..." he said softly and dialed Lucifers number. He pulled Rasniel closer to him with a wince and he sighed as the phone picked up. "Hello? Lucifer...I need you to come help me. I know your pissed off with me but please come and help...Zack that..." He sucked in some air and he shook his head. "Never mind, just get here soon, I'm sorry that I hurt you but I need your help. If you love me you'll come and help me...you can tell him to leave if you want but I can stay here...it wont heal." he said softly and winced again.

He waited for an answer and he heard a sigh on the other side of the phone, "Belial....what did you do this time...? Is he with you...?" He asked him and Belial looked at Rasniel lacing his fingers with the boys.

"Yes, he is with me." he said sternly and groaned. "Don't make me pull the order card on you...just come help me.." he said coughing weakly and groaning.

"You don't sound good at all....fine...I'm coming..." he said and hung up, Belial let the phone fall down onto the bed and he gulped hoping that Rasniel couldn't hear their conversation.

"Love...I'm going to be fine...and Zack is fine...I watched him go before I picked you up and brought you here..." he said gently and leaned up groaning and kissing his cheek. "You know you can ask me anything Rasniel...I can see you thinking...just ask me whatever you want to know and I'll tell you." he said gently looking up at Rasniel.

Rasniel looked at Ben and was about to speak, but nothing came out of since he couldn't quite figure out what to ask, as his mind was in a total mess. After a long time he took a deep breath and said: "There're a lot of things I don't understand, about you, about Zack, and about myself. Like who and what are you, why did Zack tried to harm me, and why do I feel this pain when I'm with you. But... at the end of the day what I really want to know is..."

Rasniel carefully got closer to Ben, not wanting to cause him pain from his injuries, and said: "Ever since we met all I've done seemed to be bringing you trouble, and now I've dragged you into whatever mess Zack and I are in... Is it better for me to leave? I don't want to be your burden."

Belial paused and watched Rasniel's face seeing the inner turmoil unfold in his mind. He leaned up and kissed his cheek softly understanding ten fold how this boy possibly could be feeling. He gladly curled Rasniel up against him and he shook his head gently nuzzling his hair taking a breath and smelling that sweet aroma that always followed him. "No, you're not a burden. My life has never been easy...and its never been happy. It's full of pain and hate but you..you make everything go just a little right for awhile." he said gently and looked away. "You make things fit..I don't belong here...but I know I belong with you...and thats all that matters if you ask me. But...I don't want you to leave, and I don't want you to feel like you're a burden because you're not." he sighed and glanced at the door sitting up.

"He is here. I need you to go into the closet and stay there okay..? You can still see me through the cracks and you can still you know help me if I need it." he leaned over and kissed him before pushing him lightly. "Please do as I ask, my friend doesn't like strangers...but I need his help so please go." he said softly and looked at him with pain in his eyes practically begging him to go into the closet.

Rasniel nodded and managed to make a weak smile. Hearing what Ben said was a great relief, even though the reasonable part of his mind still had doubts, it quickly surrendered to the unreasonable, or perhaps, selfish part of him not wanting to leave Ben.

He got off the bed unwillingly and walked towards the closet as he was told and hid inside, peeking through the thin gaps on doors. Judging from the fragments of conversation he overheard between Ben amd this "Lulu" on the phone, he knew his existence would only complicate things, but he couldn't help but being curious.

Belial smiled when he slowly stood and walked to the closet allowing for him to call out to the front door, "Come on in its unlocked! I'm in the bedroom." he said and he laid back groaning softly and sitting up in the bed as best he could. He looked up when he saw lucifer walk through the threshold of his room and a giant smile cracked open on his face. "Lulu!" he was greeted with a hug that resulted in him wincing. "Thank you so much for coming, I really need your help..." he said softly and looked up at the man.

Lucifer looked at the others back and he sighed, "Belial...you know that this isn't going to be the easiest to fix.." he said gently and Belial nodded his head falling into his hands. "You know that the holy light hurts us the most...without the proper..vacation back home you wont fully heal here." he said and Belial nodded.

"Yes I'm aware...just do whatever you can...it was either me or him and I decided I was the best option. Even though Zack was skilled at his craft...he was still lower level and even you could have walked away virtually unscathed." he said and winced as Lucifer started to pull off the bandages on his back.

"Unscathed? Belial this is terrible! Have you seen your back? I can see your bones back here!" he sighed and sat down behind him slowly running his hand across the flesh. They stayed like this in silence for a few minutes before Lucifer kissed Belial's shoulder. "I love you Belial...I know you think that this is right but bringing this human into the mix will only hurt him in the end...you've gone through leaps and bounds just to come back empty handed each time.." he said softly kissing up belial's neck his hands moving around and hugging him.

Belial shifted uncomfortably, "I know...I love you too...but you have to understand that I love him more. And you can't change that...he was and still is my one and only if you can't accept that then maybe you should go.." he said genty and his fingers pulled at the others hands on his chest. "I went thorugh leaps and bounds for this kid because he would do the same for me if I asked him to...would you..?" he asked and looked at Lucifer.

His mouth stood open and tears formed in his eyes, "I would do the same for you! I would give up everything for you!" he yelled and jumped forward kissing Belial smack dab on the lips his hands roaming into his hair. Belial groaned softly and leaned back some trying to get away before pulling his face to the side, "You would not do the same for me...and you and I both know that...you would take my throne and my crown and you would laugh as they burned my body. Its our nature..you can't deny that envy, that jealousy in your heart Lulu.." he said gently and looked away.

"Please leave me for now...and come back tomorrow. Thats an order. Make sure that the hounds stay on their duties, and you too. Leave me." he said weakly and waved to the door. He looked down at his hands the entire time as Lucifer stood and walked out of the room hesitantly. He didn't say anything until the door to the front of the cabin slammed shut. He shifted his arms and felt a nice light cover of muscle to hide his bones and the bleeding had stopped.

"Rasniel. Come on out." he said sternly and he sighed, "Could you bandage me up again, I would really appreciate that.." he said softly and rested his head in his hands. He knew that the boy had heard most if not all of their conversation, but he couldn't have stopped it from happening because if he had Lucifer would have known the boy was in the room and would have most likely killed him on the spot.

Rasniel hid in the closet and observed what was going on through the thin gaps on the door. He saw Ben getting up from the bed and opened the door for this "Lulu", and immediately he was shocked, by how beautiful and handsome the man looked, he was perhaps the most beautifkul thing Rasniel had seen in his life, second to Ben of course. Either way he thought if anyone was worthy of being at Ben's side, it would certainly be this "Lulu". Which made the fact that Ben wanted someone as powerless, insignificant, and above all, tainted like him, incomprehensible.

But he wasn't able to dwell in such self loathing for long, as "Lulu" came into the room he called Ben with another name...Belial. The moment the name came into Rasniel's ears he felt a great pain surging throughout his body, tearing into his head, into his mind, his very soul. He bit into his arms trying to prevent himself from screaming, and while he was bearing the pain somehow his mind was going haywire, thoughts and dreams and memories and nightmares mixed up into a chaotic whirlwind, and he found himself thinking: "Belial.... Belial....! that certainly suited much better than "Ben", or does it? Worthless one? That name couldn't be further from the truth! Belial was more worthy, more precious, more noble than anything in this damn universe! Which fool could have given such a name to him? But wait, how could I knew the meaning behind the name? It's not like I've heard or about it, or learned about it in the heavenly archives? And what the hell is a fucking heavenly archive?"

As his teeth dig into his arm and the taste of iron began to fill his mouth, the burning pain in his mind reached its peak and then he fell out of the closet, luckily after Lucifer was gone. Rasniel climbed up with great difficulty, his head still felt like it had a drill inside spinning and digging. Ironically Rasniel's mind felt clear, he now remembered who and what Belial was, who Lucifer was, and who Zack was.

"You... you know Belial... for an Arch demon, you're really quite careless. I'm surprised you allowed Zachiel to do so much damage to you..." He stumbled to Belial's side and began to wrap up Belial's wounds, which after being treated by Lucifer looked much better. Rasniel smiled weakly and said: "Yeah I know what you're going to ask, yes I remember you now: Belial, worthless one, arch demon and all. But no, I still don't remember who or what I was. There're only fragments, flashbacks of you and I together, somewhere....I don't know... I just know I knew you long ago.... There's no way I'm a ordinary human right? How else was I able to get to know the literal lord of hell?"

Belial winced and his eyes turned sad as he felt the fingers of Rasniel on his back, "So you do remember...You see...when I'm around you every wall I have kind of gets knocked down so you'll have to forgive me for getting hurt like this." he laughed softly and tilted his head looking back at Rasniel smiling gently. "I'll loose you now...that you've remembered me...I was supposed to keep it a secret from you for as long as I could but it seems I can't any longer." he said gently and he unruffled his wings from his back his shoulders shivering at the release. "Much better..." he sighed and leaned forward his hands holding his face up.

"You're not normal no...not in your past life you weren't anyway. Right now you are a normal human being that just happens to have captured my love once again." he said gently and pulled away once he was finished being bandaged up. "Please don't call me the worthless one...Belial is my name but the title worthless one, the meaning within my name was given to me by God so I would rather you not refer to me as such.." he said gently and leaned back into the pillows. "You and I have a very very long history together Rasniel...and I wish I could tell you all about it but I think its plenty for you to know my name and what I am as well as what Lucifer is and Zack. Do not push me for more details.." he said gently and kissed the boy on the lips.

"I'm sorry I got hurt...Are you okay? You seem out of it...?" he asked and his fingers lightly touched the boys temples and ran his hands through his hair.

"Past life huh? Well that explains a lot... I suppose the nightmares I had have something to do with that as well? Damn!" Rasniel said with a almost crazed smile. He held his head with one of his hand, digging his finger nails into the skin as an futile attempt of relieving the maddening headache he was having. Even though he only remembered a fraction of his old memoires, it was still an overwhelming amount of information, especially the knowledge about demons and angels were quite straining to his human mind. He looked at Belial and said: "Yeah I won't ask anything more for now... I don't think my brain can take it."

Rasniel relaxed a bit when he felt Belial's touch, he took a deep breath and smiled weakly: "I'm fine... even though this headache is killing me but I'm fine... In any case both of us need some rest, you need to heal and I need to... sort things out in my brain..."

Belial moved his fingers and held onto his hands and he sighed, "Don't think too much on it Rasniel..your mind wasn't made to know about these things. You mustn't dwell on them or you'll fracture your mind." he said weakly and kissed his head. "Your nightmares...are most likely shattered pieces of you past life...yes...what they are I can't say because I don't know what they are about but I would assume that they are apart of your memories long lost in your mind." he said and pulled him against his chest hugging him tightly. "I can't sleep...but I can sit here silently and rest my eyes for awhile. As for you you need sleep, not only have you not fully healed but you also need to get some rest...maybe now that you remember me or some parts of...us...you will possibly have a good dream? I don't know..I was never rude to you so I would think your memories with me were good ones." he said softly and leaned back against the headboard.

"Wont you lay with me...? I feel better with you at my side...rather than away." he said softly and looked away. "I'm satan but I still am weak when it comes to you." he said and looked back at Rasniel smiling softly. "It's stupid I know, but you are the only reason I'm soft around some people." He chuckled and sighed. "less they fuck with you I'm usually alright...though after you..left..I was rather mean to everyone around me. Really lived up to my name.." he chuckled and sighed looking up at the ceiling fan.

Rasniel looked at Belial and smiled weakly. He leaned towards Belial slightly and kissed Belial gently: "I feel better with you on my side as well, Belial." He laid down on the bed next to Belial and chuckled slightly: "I'm sure you're a massive pain in God's ass...."

He looked up at Belial and continued: "I suppose I should thank whoever I was when I first met you, making you fall in love with me so much that even after all these years you still love me. But... I hate it when you're sad... especially sad because of me. I'm a human now, and a human's life is short. There's no way to tell what would happen to me after I die... So if somehow I'm gone again, would you promise me to forget about me and get on with you life? I mean... you really give Lucifer too little credit... You said he doesn't truly love you, but isn't that because you've never truly loved him?"

Belial shook his head and he looked at Rasniel, "Hm..." he then kissed him back gently sighing softly almost happily. Belial listened silently as Rasniel spoke, about who he once was and asking him if he would possibly forget him. "It's not like I didn't try to forget you Rasniel...I did...but I don't know what it was that made me fall so hard for you but I did. And when you...when it happened I just became evil and mean to everyone. Lucifer...he is...I did love him once and I'm surprised he still loves me the way he does...I understand he is just looking out for me but still..." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I did love him once and I had almost forgotten about you when I saved you from those bandits and I heard your name...then I was stuck back with you. I don't mind it, but I do agree that a humans life is short and you will die."

"I'll try and forget about you...I will...but you know after a century or two I still couldn't forget you..." he said softly and looked at Rasniel. "Lucifer...may really love me. But he also loves my crown. Being married to me or sleeping with me or whatever the hell we were at one point gave him the crown. He was able to work under me but with the power of the devil in him. He loved it, and trust me as much as I would like to think he does love me I don't think he just loves me. As a person. When I was with you you didn't care about my crown, or where I was from, you just wanted to learn from me. Granted you did try and kill me when we first met...you still never had that hunger for my power in your eyes.." he said and looked away sighing.

"Well... I hope things work out between you and Lucifer. To be honest relationships are usually complicated, and people take a lot more than just love into account when they decide to marry someone or not, like money, like child bearing, like heritage and so on. In fact relationships based on passion alone usually don't end well... I suppose that's what lead us to this mess? Ha ha...."

Rasniel shook his head and said: "No.... Forget about that... Sorry for being so pessimistic... I'm just... tired... and hungry too..." He closed his eyes and curled up a bit closer to Belial and said: "Goodnight Belial... it's... it's good to remember... really...."

Soon he fell silent, his consciousness sinking deep into slumber.

Belial tilted his head and thought a moment, "Possibly...even though he and I aren't married it feels like it. We have spent decades together...centuries even..." he sighed and smiled to Rasniel. "Sleep...when you wake I'll have some food for you." he said gently and kissed his head.

It wasn't long before Rasniel was out and Belial shook his head, sliding out from under Rasniel's body. He weakly walked into the kitchen sighing as his body was aching. It already felt better than before, with the help of Lucifer his body was feeling slightly better than it had when he came to the hut. He knew that he would be fine, he would just have a nasty scar covering his back for the rest of his existence. He pulled out pots and pans and he turned the stove on as well as the oven, he would simply make a roast and let it cook for a few hours till Rasniel woke again.

He sat a sheet down and smiled as a roast did appear for him and he simply started seasoning it. He then put it into the oven and let it start to cook. He then put some vegetables and potatoes into the pan on the stove top and seasoned them as well. He was hopefully going to make enough that he wouldn't have to cook once more as long as he was sick. He sighed and simmered the vegetables adding in bell peppers and carrots to the mix. He was just so happy, even though his back was on fire and his body ached he was still happy that he was cooking in a run down hut on the outskirts of town, because Rasniel was laying in the bedroom wrapped up in blankets fast asleep. It was him, that made Belial so happy to be where he was.

He knew it would be taken from him soon, he knew all too well the dangers he was in loving Rasniel the way he did. Even making him remember him would cause a rift in their relationship that couldn't be sewn back. He couldn't take away his memories, he couldnt remove himself from Rasniel's life like he knew he should. He knew that he was running out of time to spend with Rasniel. He could only make the best of the time they had left with one another, and love Rasniel like he missed doing this past century.

He knew that when he woke again, he would love him like he had never done so before. Scared of losing him, scared of the beings which were going to take him. Belial was scared for Rasniel, and for their relationship which suffered because of their oddities. He didn't understand, how they couldn't be together now that Rasniel was no longer a being of God. Why, even fallen, he couldn't stay with him. He kind of did know the answer, he thought it was because God knew that if he became too happy where he was, he would stop fighting so hard to go back to heaven. He knew that if he liked it in Hell, where Rasniel was, he wouldn't make the effort to fight God. Which means, the big mans game would finally be over, and it wouldn't be because Satan lost.

Rasniel woke up from his usual nightmares, now knowing what they were he was able to recover from them quicker than usual. He turned to look at Belial who was preparing food for him, and put his hand on his chest. Somehow the strange pain in his heart which bothered him ever since he met "Ben" had disappeared. He would've smiled in relief if not for the fact that he was now having constant headaches, likely the side effect of getting so much of his memories back, including many knowledge ordinary human beings should stay away from.

Nonetheless Rasniel felt good. Better than ever. Even though he still couldn't remember who he was and how and why did Belial and him met and fell for each other, simply knowing that Belial and him were together brought him great happiness. He got up from the bed and walked towards Belial, wrapping his arms gently around the love of his life, or lives. It felt really, really good.

"Good.... morning? Or is it afternoon? Belial... Oh just saying your name feels good! I feel like I've missed a thousand lifetimes of saying your name! Belial... Belial... Belial! It really roll off your tongue!" He said with frantic excitement.

Belial sighed softly and his fingers worked easily over the food preparing it for Rasniel. He had been sleeping for hours now and the sun now was low in the sky once again. Belial was about ready to pull out the roast when he felt arms wrap around his waist causing him to jump. Slowly, he relaxed at the sound of Rasniel's voice. He let out a chuckled and turned to face the boy kissing his head gently. "Hey now that is my name don't wear it out!" he chuckled once more and sighed. "How did you sleep? Its early evening right now...and I believe dinner is finished so if you want to, you can go ahead and sit down?" he asked and smiled stepping away from Rasniel pulling out the roast from the oven.

"I worked really hard on this!" He smiled and nodded. "I'm lying, I did cook it tho...with the help of some lesser evils." he smiled and cut off some for Rasniel as well as putting vegetables on top of his meat. He had a smile on his face and although his back ached he still was happy. "Come on, you need to eat. Build up that strength." he said and sat the plate on the table pulling out the chair for his lover.