The heart of the ocean (closed 18+ )

Yukonwolfspirit

Yukie grumbled annoyed by the scraping and huffed puffing up bad showing his spikes not wanting to be bothered anymore. Watching the food Yukie poked at the fish not feeling well enough to eat the selection due to feeling like he was suffocating.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• LoneDigger

Adrian didn't wake up until his alarm went off and he groaned as he got up to go check the results for Yukie.

Ayme was busy taking care of Cheri, he missed his mate and didn't trust the human to take proper care of him at all.

Yukie continued to lay in the tank quite unhappy with being in the medical room for to long the merman huffing despite the breathing pain. Yu having watched Adrian leave slipped into the room with a bunch of other cute Merkids the four fascinated by Yukie. "His spikes are poisonous" Yu whispered with a smile watching as Yukie moved and watched the kids wanting to still snuggle and love them the male missing his own baby greatly.

Adrian was busy for awhile studying the slides and gathering up the results of the tests which all seemed to come back negative so what could be bothering the poor creature? He walked back into the room only to see a crowd gathered around the medical tank.

"Hey..! You guys can't play in here, this is serious stuff!"

The man scolded lightly as he tried to shoo away the kids.

"Why is Yukie breathing like momma?" Yu asked watching Yukie's gills move the child looking at Yukie curiously. With a gentle hand Yu pet Yukie's scales wanting to comfort the poor male.

"I already told you, Yukie isn't well..." Adrian explained patiently as he gently pulled Yu's hand away. "He needs rest right now, so run off and play somewhere else."

"...adults never listen" one boy replied with a shrug knowing Adrian was acting just like the last doctor. "He will die in a few days anyway like your mom did" the boy added Yu frowning but leaving the kids running off to go find somewhere else to play.

Geez, kids could be even worse than adults when it came to brutal honesty. At least they weren't lying, though it didn't make him feel much better. He shouldn't worry what children said, all he needed to do was stay focused on healing the creature.

"Yukie..."

He murmured out, gently stroking the mermen's scales with a sadden look. Was he really not going to make it?

Yukie opened one eye weirdly and looked at Adrian his head moving slightly to see him better. "....We could send him to a better facility for full testing" Lucas added a drink in his hand as he watched the two.

"I'll have my men take him. In the meantime get some sleep cherry and Ayme still need you with Yukie gone" Lucas added his two men that followed him going and prepping Yukie for a transport tank to a higher up fish vet.

• 2 weeks later...

Adrian was silent as he walked all the way back to Cheri and Ayme's shared tank room. And it wasn't until he was at the edge of the pool that he buried his face in his hands, breaking His whole body was shaking from the sobs, but barely a sound left him. Almost like an animal's instincts were to hide pain to survive, he was doing the same thing.

But of course Ayme noticed, he could sense the man's emotions and it confused him. Adrian was never upset, he was always obnoxiously cheerful and such a know it all.

"..."

The merman swam up to the surface of water next to the man, holding Cheri in his arms.

"Where Yukie?"

Ayme asked quietly, and that caused another choked cry to leave Adrian as the man shook his head, visibly sobbing now.

The creature was silent, but then placed his hand on the marine biologist's leg as he handed over Cheri for him.

Adrian hiccuped as he took the young one from Ayme and began to rock him in his arms. This was the only part of Yukie he had left and it was comforting him, but at the same time it broke his heart.

"I'm so sorry little one... I'm so sorry..."

He whispered as he cradled the infant to his chest, in his mind he had killed Yukie. It was all his fault....

"...the hospital called wanting some information on the other two and want to know if they devolved any of the same symptoms" Lucas asked the male holding the phone to his chest as he looked at the three sitting before him. "...no they seem fine.....mmmh yeah. Yeah. Okay" Lucas finished before looking at Adrian. "The hospital says the blood testing and treatments are working...Yukie's immune system is quite weak so they are hoping a complete blood change will help him but they don't know how the result will turn out. They also need a donor from the sand species" Lucas added the man unsure if they could get Ayme to give blood.

Adrian startled when his boss suddenly walked onto the platform and he quickly tried to force himself to stop crying in front of the older man, quickly rubbing his cheeks dry and patting Cheri's back as if he had only been comforting the little one and not himself as well. Lucas seemed like such a strong man that he couldn't even imagine showing any weakness in front of him, it had the same effect on Ayme too at first, until he had melted the merman.

"B-Blood? I'm sure Ayme would be willing to do anything to help save his mate... Right Ayme?"

Adrian murmured as he looked at the creature with pleading eyes, and the merman stared right back at him, his gaze strong, but not harsh as the sea creature slowly nodded. Then Adrian spoke again.

"For me to get blood from you to help Yukie feel better I'm going to have to prick your arm with a needle, can you handle that?"

Ayme huffed, as if a little pain would stop him from helping his love heal, so he just offered out his arm to the man while Adrian set down Cheri so the marine vet could go get his medical supplies for taking the merman's blood.

"Hey, boss...? Could you... maybe you could hold Ayme while I do this in case he gets--"

He was about to say scared, but the glare from the creature quickly changed his mind as he gulped.

"... uncomfortable? It would be a great help, thank you..."

Adrian said as he bowed his head slightly, hoping Lucas wouldn't mind him asking such a favor.

"Such a brave little fish you are." Lucas replied as he strapped off his shirt and pants being left only in boxers. Looking at Ayme Lucas sat in the shallow end of the water not sure if Ayme would want to be held since he had offended the fish last time. "Theres a chance you giving blood might not work." Lucas explained to Ayme not wanting him to sacrifice his health for something that might be fruitless. "I've already decided to send another blood donor over in case this doesn't work" Lucas yelled to Ayme the male reaching out and picking up cherry who had been fascinated by the older males toes.

Ayme was known to hold grudges of course, but right now his whole life had been turned upside down and he was so tired of fighting... He just wanted everything to be okay again, and Lucas wasn't all bad so he swam over the male. At first tensing when he picked up the little one, but seeing that Lucas had no ill intentions he shimmed up into his lap. You know, just to keep a closer eye on Cheri, not because he was actually scared of getting his blood or anything. Especially not that having Lucas near him made him feel safer, oh no...

Adrian returned with the needle and other supplies, waiting for Ayme to offer out his arm again while he pricked the needle against the vein, the mermen tensed slightly but remained completely calm and cooperative for the whole thing and Adrian pulled back with a relieved smile as he took the blood away to put in the the medical freezer for transport to the vet for Yukie. God, he hoped this worked...

Ayme looked at his arm and sniffed it slightly, it didn't hurt that much, but he felt just a little woozy. It went away quickly when he focused his attention on Cheri and Lucas, then the mermen spoke.

"My blood is Yukie's blood... it will pass my life to him."

"Your blood might make him sicker. His immune system has rejected everything they have given him so far" Lucas replied to Ayme gently petting the males tail as he held cherry. "Adrian just to be sure everything works fine I want you to deliver the blood to the facility. I worry it would be misplaced or mishandled" Lucas added his hand still lovingly comforting Ayme. "If worse comes to worse...We can keep in in a different more relaxed environment...until he passes...it would be best if he came home for that" Lucas added knowing his men where trying their hardest.

Ayme tilted his head, trying to understand what the man was telling him but it was hard since he understood English, yes. But not fully and some of it was lost on him, nor could he speak it with full understanding.

"No... My blood is not poison. Will make Yukie stronger."

He repeated again, refusing to believe anything that came from him could be bad, he wasn't trying to be immature, it was just... well, being that was he was from the ocean everything there to him made sense. If he and Yukie had been healthy then it was only a matter of time.

"Oh... Yes, sir!"

Adrian muttered as he changed directions to instead get ready to deliver the blood personally. His boss was right, things probably wouldn't be handled as carefully by anyone else who didn't know how precious Yukie was the way he was to him.

Soon the marine vet was gone, already on his way to visit the sick creature. Maybe there was still time to see him before he.. He... even just thinking of it made Adrian's eyes begin to water so he had to stop his own thoughts to focus on getting there and being strong for him.

Ayme looked up at Lucas again and leaned his head on the man's chest quietly before speaking again, then gently pushing away.

"... No, he needs to go back home. His real home."

"And where is that?" Lucas asked Ayme his eyes watching the male closely. "His home had been destroyed and overfished" Lucas added his voice slightly colder then he expected. "You can't understand how much bigger your world is outside of your little tank" Lucas mumbled getting up and leaving the male setting cherry in a small nursery tank for the moment.

Yukie meanwhile was quite tiered his body sleeping more then regularly. He didn't even flinch when he was moved out of the tank and into a smaller tank table the soft wet towels being laid on top of him to keep his skin wet. With a small sigh Yu looked down at his fish brother unsure how things would work since he was also affected by such a horrid immune system illness. Looking at his brother he sighed and signed the paperwork offering to send over his blood and healthy organs to his younger sibling the second his heart expired which happened to be four hours later. The doctors being as skilled as they where quickly worked to make Yukie's body stronger the older mermans organs easily fitting where Yukie's weaker ones where the only exception being the males heart which had sadly been so weak to cause his death. Ten hours later they had Yukie nicely sedated In a shallow medical tank the males body wrapped thickly in bandages and the Iv's wrapped into his arm as the machine circulated the clean blood that Yu had donated ahead of time through Yukie's system.

"adrian should be by soon with the extra blood and we should see more color to his skin and better responses" the doctor added as he stayed by Yukie's side monitoring him.

Ayme didn't wan to believe that and shook his head furiously.

"You lie! The ocean belongs to us! You'll never own it!"

He hissed out of anger towards all mankind for destroying their home with pollution and destruction. It wasn't fair! Humans had to kill everything that was beautiful for the sake of something called money. Ayme of course didn't know what that was, but he knew that he hated it... Hated them.

Adrian hurried to the marine hospital to deliver the blood and check on Yukie.

(Btw your inbox is full and I'm sorry if the chat got delegated I just exited out of it and it must have also delegated it but not hard feelings from me)

"Some of us keep trying to save your kind. But in order to do that we need results and safe areas for you to live" Lucas snapped angry that Ayme couldn't see all the hard work he was doing to create a safe home.

Yukie mumbled slightly waking up to the dim room the male laying still slightly unsure of where he was.

"You don't understand anything! You think you can just fix what you break but it's not that simple!"

He hissed, not really mad at Lucas at this point, but just the situation as a whole. The fact he was stressed about loosing his mate was not helping matters at all. It had been so much these last days, so much uncertainty and changes.

"If Yukie doesn't make it then I'm going to kill you all."

"...well then you'll have to save your threat for another day...Yukie is fine and recovering. Yes woken up and seems to be doing better and when Adrian gives him your blood he will be much healthier" Lucas added before bopping his cute fishes nose. "Kill all of us when he gets back but even if Yukie had lived in his home he would have died a lot sooner and you wouldn't have been able to help him" Lucas added the male dimming the lights so Ayme could relax.

Ayme was so relieved that the look even took over his normally gruffer expression as he smiled big, feeling like a kid again. For the record as a child Ayme had not been so grumpy and aggressive, it wasn't until he grew up and saw how hard the world could be that he changed face to survive.

"That's a promise then~"

The mermen grinned, and after he was indignantly booped on the nose he captured the man's fingers between his teeth and nibbled on them playfully, his attitude was contagious after all since they were bonded.

"Eventually my moody fish you should be nicer to me I don't like being scolded" Lucas added with a small huff the male heading off to bed. Knowing Yukie was up and eating for Adrian.