The heart of the ocean (closed 18+ )

Yukonwolfspirit

"Hes pretty!" Yu exclaimed upon seeing Ayme already running over to the male wanting to pet the fish's fins.

"His name is Ayme" Lucas explained setting cherry down in the pool of water the small infant swimming a round. Lucas had entrusted the tagging to cake and Adrian so he was quite free to hang out with the angry fish

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• LoneDigger

Ayme swam up to Yu closer, already his instincts knew that Yu was somehow connected very closely to Lucas presumably as his son so he instantly liked him for that reason. He even made sure his barbs kept retracted so that the kid could safely pet his scales without getting pricked. Once Cheri was set down in his tank he quickly swam over to the little one and inspected him all over, fussing over the child and then tensing when he saw something new attached to his ear lobe. He made a worried sound and held the baby closely against his chest while shooting Lucas a hurt and confused look. Why had they done this?

"Its to keep him safe...in the event he gets lost or sick" Yu replied already understands why Ayme would be upset as he smiled. "I have one too see!" Yu added showing Ayme the blue band that was on his ear much different from the purple on cherry had.

"Dont worry he will grow into it" Lucas added the band able to grow alongside the merman

Ayme gasped softly, still holding onto the baby as he cautiously reached out to touch the band Yu had to confirm that it wasn't hurting him.

But he was still very worried over Cheri because he was still so little... He wouldn't ever let that terrible human touch their child again! He always knew Adrian couldn't be trusted... He smelled weird, like medicine.

"...I put it on him..." Lucas explained gently sitting on the edge of the rocks. "I also did Yu's after he was born" Lucas added helping his son onto the rocks so he could look around the tank exploring the rocks and the temperature of the water.

"Is it cold?" Yu asked Ayme wanting to play but not caring for cold temperatures

Ayme hissed at the man, he didn't understand why the other would do this. He didn't realize it was for his own good. All humans were just the same. Using animals for their own selfish reasons and not caring for their well being, or anything!

He wrapped himself around Cheri and hid away at the bottom of the tank at the far edge. Everything kept changing, and he just wanted to be back in the middle of the ocean where at least things seemed to make sense.

"Ayme..." Lucas replied softly confused why the other was so upset. Yukie hearing the hiss looked over at Ayme and swam over worried something was wrong with Cheri.

"He has every right to be upset, You did do this without permission and he most likely doesn't even understand" Cake grumbled as he snuggled Yu who was slightly confused why Cheri was taken away.

Ayme was curled tightly around his child, not letting anyone so much as even look at him because he never wanted his baby to be hurt again by the hands of humans, or anything else for that matter. He was so upset he didn't even notice his mate had swam up and wouldn't let Yukie see his own baby.

"I wish to see him" Yukie whispered as he moved closer wanting to see his child not liking how defensive Ayme was being. "Please" Yukie added not wanting to be pushed away or kept away from his baby. Yukie had witnessed tags before on others of his species the few he had met when he was very young bore the tags and they matched what Lucas had for records. With a small hand he touched Aymes arm gently trying to comfort his distressed mate.

Ayme didn't budge at first, he just stayed there in a defensive, but completely still spiked up ball. He hated to show to anyone, even his mates when he was upset like this, it was just his sense of pride getting in the way. To him he wasn't even allowed to feel weak or scared, and that's exactly what it was right now. Something bad had been done to his baby and he hadn't been able to protect him and to make matters worse trusted the one who had done this to him.

Eventually hearing the familiar ring of Yukie's voice and the reassuring touch was enough to help Ayme to slowly uncurl from his ball and let him see Cheri, though he was still holding onto the young one protectively, ready to swim away at any threat.

"...ah...hes got a pretty blue one to" Yukie whispered his voice soft and gently as he looked over the child gently touching the piercing. "Mum and dad had one. Often a nice man would come by and bring them fish and he would meet us." Yukie whispered gently brushing his fingers over cherri's face. "One day the man came but he looked different he took them away and it was just me. I had hid in a small corner of the cave" Yukie added his hang continuing to comfort his child while his other hand gently comforted his mate. "Mine went away when I got stuck in the nets" Yukie added showing his mate the slight scar on his ear.

"It hurt a little when I got it but afterwards we where fed lots of fish and the fish man came every week to watch us swim" Yukie explained trying to describe the elderly scientist who's research had been scoffed at as a myth because he never got any photos. "It didn't ever hurt me." Yukie explained to Ayme as Lucas frowned and went to his computer looking through his files.

"If I'm right...and what Yukie remembers is right...He might have came from a small nest farther out in the ocean" Lucas explained looking at Adrian before looking through his notes for a tag that had come up deactivated and wasn't recovered from hunters.

"They did this to him..." Ayme spoke to his mate clearly, they shared the same language so he could understand everything clearly now. So this wasn't something to hurt their child? He still didn't like him being marked by humans, but if it meant he was under their protection as well he supposed it was for a greater reason.

Feeling a lot better already he even let Yukie take a hold of Cheri as he swam over to see what Lucas was doing, but that other guy was back and he still hated Adrian and splashed water on him, puffing up and showing off as usual making a scene over nothing.

"...Hello to you too, Ayme." Adrian smiled weakly, as he turned his attention towards the screen. He nodded softly. "So he's been tagged before?"

"Most likely by my grandfather. The old man tagged a few new species but was considered crazy" Lucas replied as he smiled and showed a small picture of Yukie with his head above the water the picture taken off of a boat. "He only ever took one picture and shortly after passed away due to bad health" Lucas added with a smirk Yukie has a brother...half human as his mother was quite smitten with my grandfathers stepbrother" Lucas explained showing a picture of a younger Yukie with black hair and blue eyes. "Brat drives me crazy at the other house but he keeps it well running and most of the other mermaids like him. He's Yu's mum" Lucas added softly watching the two fuss over the baby.

"Yeah I moved around alot and the man with the fish followed me until he stopped...He had a younger fish bringer also" Yukie explained trying to describe the child that went with Lucas's grandfather.

"I'd like to meet him..." Adrian smiled gently, anything related to Yukie was already perfection in his book.

Ayme swam over to Yukie and hugged the other protectively, he didn't like that Adrian was getting into his mate's business again. He hated all humans, except for maybe Lucas. But even then it seemed to be more of a love-hate thing.

"Oh really?" Lucas teased with a smirk before picking up his laptop. "Well then let's go home the fish can all ride in the tank truck" Lucas added grabbing Yu as the male smirked and carried the boy off to the car expecting Adrian to follow.

-------

Yukie snuggled cherry and blushed at the sudden feel of his mates arms around his body. "Dont worry I'm safe" Yukie replied to Ayme not feeling afraid of Lucas or Adrian.

"He's bad..." Ayme warned his mate softly, not letting go of Yukie and instead choosing to stay near his side. He didn't understand what was happening or what they were even discussing, but he seemed to want no part of it.

Adrian rode up front with Lucas, the pair chatting on the way over to the other home.

"Remind me how many there are again?"

"Hes not bad" Yukie replied gently snuggling cherry and holding his mates hand feeling quite warm and protected.With a small sigh Yukie watched as their tank was moved into a large loading van the men being quite quick about the process.

"Roughly there are around five different species but We have over fifty different color variants." Lucas explained as he smiled and lead the way to the fancy sanctuary. "Some we release into the wild others are sold to high end collectors and the children are adopted or sold out to families who like exotic things" Lucas finished explaining before pulling up to a huge building that was a mix of an aquarium and zoo.

Ayme didn't believe that, so he was silent as he warily watched the humans moving them around. It was at times like these he missed the ocean the most, the endless freedom and just how peaceful it was.

Yukie didn't understand, but it was okay. He stuck close to his mate's side the entire time, but the worry on his features showed that he wasn't trusting any of this.

"That's right..." Adrian murmured thoughtfully with a smile to himself, it really was fascinating. And to think that now he was getting to be a part of this. Not exactly in the way he had hoped or expected, but he always keep an open mind.

"You should take Cheri I'm...sleepy" Yukie mumbled the male clearly tiered from his sex earlier and now the stress of moving again. With a small sigh Yukie moved and laid down at the bottom of the tank the small child still in his arms as he tried to sleep or even calm down his body feeling the stress of birth and moving so often.

"You will still be observing and caring for them all often doing checkups and helping out around the place. We also need accurate records. All of them will have been tagged so you need to keep the records accurate." Lucas explained before parking in front of the sanctuary. With a small smile he lead the male inside the sanctuary a huge mermaid paradise "We do take in some that are sick or rescues so they are top priority."

Ayme nodded, Yukie should have said so or else he'd taken over sooner. He was kind of used to it in a way since he had his own young one once before. But that was a long time ago and in the wild so it was very different from this.

He gently scooped up their son and settled down next to his mate's side pressed against him for some added comfort of knowing he was right there for him, even in his own silence.

"I understand, sir. But don't you think it's a bit too much at once? All this changing could be really unhealthy for creatures that aren't used to this kind of environment."

He didn't want to piss off his boss by saying so, but it had to be said sometime and why not get it off his chest. If Lucas wanted to kill him, hopefully it would be swift and painless.

Yukie smiled a little curling up closer to his mate as he snuggled into Ayme his body hiding behind Ayme so he could sleep. With a settling of his body and a snuggle down into the dirt more Yukie closed his eyes trusting Ayme would care for their child the male finally sleeping since the first time he had been captured.

"Yes, often it can be very bad but, this is a permanent home for them. Unless they are released to repopulate the wild they will stay here forever" Lucas explained being quite understanding as he unlocked the doors a few smaller merkids running over to him to say hello.

Ayme gently nuzzled Yukie, and then Cheri to show both that everything was going to be okay and that he would look after them. While his mate slept he kept the little one wrapped up in his arms, letting him rest for a bit before talking to him a bit to keep him entertained and calmer during the trip. He then gently woke his mate when he felt that they had stopped somewhere and were about to be unloaded again.

"I see." Adrian hummed softly, at least Lucas knew what he was talking about when it came to these creatures or else he'd be much more worried about Yukie and Ayme, all the other mermen too.

He helped to transport them back into the newer building, making sure everyone was settled and cared for.

Lucas smiled a little as he watched Ayme and Yukie being put into the new giant tanks much like the ones at their old home. Handing over the keys to Adrian he sent Yu off to go play with the other kids the adult mermen sitting at a table and sipping some tea watching the newcomers curiously. "I'll let you settle the three into their new home" Lucas added before leaving.

Adrian checked on the others first before saving Yukie, Ayme, and Cheri for last. Getting all suited up so he could dive into their tank and continue his observations of the family. He swam over to Yukie first, who looked really really tired which worried him.

Ayme hissed and took Cheri into the cave, this asshole took their baby and put a strange device on him without permission or reasonable explanation so any shred of a bond he had built with the marine veterinarian had been shattered into a million pieces.

Yukie just laid on the floor his body to tiered to do much more as he lazily opened an eye and looked at Adrian. With a small painful move of his tail Yukie curled up more hiding under his long fins that where slowly changing color to hide him against the rocky floor environment.