The heart of the ocean (closed 18+ )

Yukonwolfspirit

"Those ones are rather nice to swim with" Yukie mumbled nestling against his mates body in a slightly possessive way that was quite happy. Settling down more under his lover Yukie enjoyed the fact that he had a mate since he had been very lonely his whole life. "Ayme?" Yukie asked softly looking up at his mate from being tucked under him so much. "Did you have any lovers out in the ocean?" Yukie asked curiously his hand gently petting his mates fins in a calming way. Having only known humans that would fish around his home Yukie watched a mated pair over in the deeper part of the coral the two having normal relations like most adult mermaids would do.

__

Cherry laughed and enjoyed the game the smaller merman having been lonely since he had yet to meet any other young children to play with the poor lad growing.g up rather lonely and uncivilized since Adrian didn't know how their body language worked to teach cherry how to properly greet and be around other species. While Yukie and Ayme's species had evolved to be only male it was rather fascinating that once in awhile they would get a female who sadly from Yukie's groups experience wouldn't be able to produce offspring.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• LoneDigger

Ayme grumbled contently in agreement as he rolled over on his side a little bit, allowing the other to scoot in front of him. Even if it was dominant he didn't mind since he knew Yukie saw him as alpha. He wrapped his arms around the smaller mermen and rested his chin on the white haired male's shoulder, curling his fin around Yukie's, tangling them together gently.

"Yes, many..."

He sighed, as none of which were still alive. Or they had been separated so he could only guess where they had ended up or even if they survived. Though each of his previous mates had been separate, he would only move on after grieving, or until his own body forced him back into heat. It was just the way things were, but he was not an disloyal creature.

But having two mates now was different. Three if you counted Adrian, and he wasn't too sure about that one.

Being in captivity messed up his biology and mating behavior. For better or worse.

"Do you ever get lonely not having a sibling? Maybe Lucas will say you're old enough now you can play with the others. You would like that?"

Adrian hummed as he picked up Cheri underneath his arms and gently swung him back and forth in a calming motion through the water. He didn't even know if the child could understand him well, but it was possible since he had grown up around humans he could learn both languages.

"My parents each had many mates they all helped care for me and where loving" Yukie admitted very relaxed under his mates body. "I never got to really learn from them before they all got sick...all I learned was how to hunt" Yukie admitted nuzzling Ayme before watching a few smaller fish swim in front of them. "Do you miss them?" Yukie asked not sure how his species really dealt with its own kind since he had always lived alone...in a way Ayme was his first same species mate so Yukie was wanting to learn how to act from him.

__

"Sometimes but mum and dad might bring new children" Cheri replied with a small smile the male wanting siblings to play with but, at the same time was content with playing with mother and father. "Why don't you have babies? Your a male....you have pouches" Cheri explained being old enough to know basic things about his kind as he mentioned to Adrians pant pocket.

Ayme held Yukie gently as he listened to his mate, and honestly just hearing his voice was soothing. Bringing out a side of him that wasn't just anger towards everything, but something more calm and stable. This was there new special place, and nothing could take that from them. Even if it was, in a way, fake.

"Just to hunt? They never taught you anything else?"

He echoed back, a bit surprised since Yukie didn't seem so incompetent. Hell, he had a child and managed to take care of him just fine. Ayme was more than willing to help guide his mate in learning new skills. They would both have to adapt to the constant changes in their environment.

"No."

Ayme lied, not because he was trying to be dishonest. But because it was easier to pretend that he did not instead of admitting the emptiness left inside from the pain of loss.

"I have you now. And Cheri. That's all that matters now."

"Maybe."

Adrian laughed, it was probably more than likely, but he was still taking things one step at a time.

"Hm? Human males don't have-- Oh, you mean this?"

He glanced down at his pocket and laughed again, shaking his head gently.

"That's not a pouch, it's not even my real skin. Just clothing."

He tried to explain.

"They never had time to I picked up some basics from the humans and that's it" Yukie replied rolling so he was laying on his back the male smirking as he gently touched his mates face more happy to see him even if the act of laying on ones back was dangerous. Since Yukie was somewhat dense to some dangers he didn't see any problem laying like this with his mate he enjoyed the warmth from Ayme's body and the fact he could snuggle close to him and be more submissive then ever to his alpha. "...I want to be what Lucas is to you..." Yukie mumbled ever so softly his face a bright red color as he played with his mates gorgeous fins.

"....I see" cherry replied with a curious look poking and messing with the clothes that proved to not have any pain. "What do humans look like?" Cherry asked curiously wanting to know why this father didn't have a pouch or scales and fins like he did.

Ayme quickly moved over Yukie when he lay on his back, it was not only him misinterpreting a mating signal, but also to protect the vulnerable parts of him from danger as he settled over him, sliding his slit over the other's slightly. It was slightly arousing, and now his mate had him thinking of Lucas which only added to his tension.

"He's an alpha's alpha... The only who ever topped me. Is that what you want?"

The merman asked as he rubbed against Yukie, he didn't think that his mate would want such a big responsibility. But since the other had asked he answered honestly. The human was many things. A provider and protector, but also someone Ayme feared in the sense he felt that the man was trying to control him. The merman hadn't been shown the new facility which was open to the ocean so he still felt trapped. But he did not hate Lucas. Even if the man infuriated him he still had mated him, and once that was done there was no going back from the bond formed.

"Humans look the same as you from the top half..."

Adrian smiled, he would have shown Cheri. But he was in a wet suit so it was understandable the clothing could be mistaken as his actual skin.

"We don't have pouches, scales, or fins... Just our legs."

"No, I don't need another alpha" Yukie mumbled his face red upon feeling his mate grinding against him. In all honestly he was getting what he wanted to be taken and deeply kept by his alphas side. In a way Yukie wanted to be the only one Ayme mated with other then the top alpha over all of them. Settling down more into the sand Yukie enjoyed Ayme's soft pre mating gestures making his body more hormonal then before. "...I've never really been mated with...the other male I was with was interesting...but We couldn't really mate properly he wanted to bottom but wasn't like you, so sex was more tension relieving" Yukie admitted shyly his body shivering at the pleasure he was feeling that was much better then what he had done with the other male.

"Why?" Cherry asked curiously wanting to learn more about why his parent was so different then his mother's as he petted the wetsuit finding the texture interesting.

"Who is this other male?"

Ayme asked, immediately feeling jealousy welling up within him as he stared down at Yukie. Nevermind the fact he had another mate and just admitted so, he didn't want to share Yukie with anyone. Not even Lucas, but he was the highest ranking so there was nothing that could be helped there. He had tried to take the man's rank by drowning him, but in failing and being mated only made him respect Lucas all the more.

"Every living thing is different. Humans need legs for walking on the land where we thrive."

Adrian explained with a smile.

"It's why I can't swim as fast as you~"

He teased, patting the boy's head fondly.

"He was a spotted warm water type it was when you where woth Lucas and we where in the other warm tub..." Yukie admitted looking at Ayme. "He left after getting off and that was that he went back to his mate." Yukie explained wanting to only mate with Ayme and Adrian and if their ultimate alpha decided to he would submit to him. Gently pushing back against Ayme in a horny and desperate way Yukie wanted to keep mating with his lover wanting to bond to him unlike he had unsuccessfully bonded with any other of their different kinds.

"I want to see them!" Cherry demanded wanting to see the males legs and how much different hethen was from himself.

Ayme hadn't even noticed, probably because his full attention had been on Lucas in that moment. No doubt about that.

The mermen also seemed to think this only made his theory of Adrian being female more proven because if he was a male then why hadn't he tried to mate with Yukie yet?

The mermen didn't care about that now, he was distracted by the other creature's desperation. Ayme reached down to help them both out.

"They're right here, just under my wet suit. See?"

He kicked his legs, but Cheri didn't seem impressed so he swam back up to the platform to get changed into a pair of swim shorts instead.

Yukie moaning softly pulling his mate much closer as he gently kissed his lips. This feeling was entirely different to Yukie and more fascinating the feeling of their warm bodies together made the younger male all the more horny and more in heat. "I want to learn how to properly mate with you...I'm not good at it" Yukie whispered embarrassed to admit he didn't know all that much about their species mating rituals.

Cherry followed behind Adrian the male swimming up to the open water surface to wait for Adrian in the icy cold water.

Ayme nipped at his lips, he could tell something was off. Yukie didn't know how to mate?

It wasn't something he could teach the other, but perhaps showing would be more effective.

"Hmmph, well... We shouldn't be... Not yet. I haven't proven my worth as a mate to you. Not exactly there's much competition around here..."

Ayme rolled his eyes, moving off so he could swim around Yukie and watch his reactions. Him being in heat again so soon seemed to also be a side effect of being in capacity. Ayme wasn't about to ignore that.

"But that bitch beat me to it... Females can be so persistent..."

Ayme muttered to himself, still confused on Adrian's gender. He could be a guy... But right now he was assuming girl.

Adrian stood over the edge of the platform, now in swim shorts he stuck his bare legs into the water, sitting over the ledge with a shudder as he kicked a little to keep warm.

"T-Tada..."

Yukie was rather displeased as he was released from their intimate position the male quite bothered by the fact that Ayme had stopped. Looking rather confused and slightly upset Yukie moved back to a normal swimming position the male wondering if he had upset his mate like he had with his first mating experience. Sighing softly Yukie stretched trying very hard to brush off his body's deep sexual ache. "Lets head back...I need to check on cherry and Adrian" Yukie admitted feeling quite distance from his mate since he couldn't possibly understand that Ayme wanted to protect him over having fun. Swimming back toward their home Yukie was dead quiet the male deep in thought.

"....they are weird!" Cherry exclaimed with a happy little giggle the younger mermaid looking over his other parent his curiosity wondering if everything else on the man was different or more like his own species body. "Why do you wear those?" Cherry asked mentioning to the shorts as he poked at the fabric the male rather curious about humans more so then was normal.

Ayme nodded, it probably wasn't a good idea in the first place to leave Cheri with someone who he considered to be a rival. Though deep down he hoped that the seemingly gentle human would never take any of the conflict out on Cheri, or involve him. Females were vengeful, but he assumed that they were more or less programmed not to hurt young.

The more he thought about it though, the more he started to doubt himself again and suddenly swam ahead of Yukie.

"They're not, I swear."

Adrian laughed a little, his legs were freezing in the water. But he thought it was good that Cheri was curious and comfortable enough to ask questions. If he was around humans then it was good to understand the differences early.

"These? It's just to protect our skin and--"

Before the man could finish explaining Ayme suddenly burst out of the water and shoved him back on the platform with a forceful push. Hissing furiously as he scooped up Cheri and swam away from the man.

How dare that... that whatever the hell she was, show off in front of Cheri.

In Ayme's limited experience with humans it seemed that removing the layer of fake skin they wore over their bodies was some kind of courtship ritual. After all, that's what Lucas had done before mating with him.

Adrian on the other hand, had no idea what he had done wrong this time to upset Ayme so much and had tentatively scooted back to the edge of the water to see what was going on. He had no idea of the misunderstanding.

"Yukie...? Why is he upset?"

The biologist tried to ask, but then Ayme resurfaced and was pulling Yukie away from the human and back to their nest. Then the merman spoke harshly.

"Stay away from him."

Ayme dragged his mate along until he felt they were safe in their little cave, where the alpha began to fuss over Cheri. Checking him over to make sure he was alright, and there appeared to be no harm done... Maybe he had acted a bit too quickly? He shook his head, he couldn't take any chances. Humans were dirty and not to be trusted.

"...Ayme...I don't think he ment any harm to cherry he doesn't seem like a human that would do things like that with one so young" Yukie admitted looking at cherry. Watching his mate look over the child Yukie knew slightly that cherry had crossed the boundaries of safety being so curious and from personal experience he knew there where some humans that would take advantage of one's curiosity. Swimming over Yukie gently took cherry from his lovers arms. "I won't let him be around him alone again" Yukie added gently holding his baby close to his body the male clearly a little scared since he had forgotten that humans had a darker side and while he knew what Adrian did was harmless....with any other human, well the outcome might have been different.

"I know, I know... It's just... I don't understand humans. They act one way, then you turn you're back on them and you can never tell what's on their mind!"

Ayme sighed loudly, trying to calm down. But he was still very upset. His protective instincts towards his family were stronger than anything else. Especially in such an unfamiliar environment.

He handed Cheri over to his mother and gently smoothed his hair.

"Sorry if that was scary... Daddy was just trying to keep you safe." He explained to the child, "Sometimes humans aren't... Well, they're just strange and you have to understand that."

"If you want we can keep away from him for awhile" Yukie replied with a small sigh the male wanting to please his alpha. "Besides...we need to set up our nest more and it's time we hunted for dinner" Yukie added with another frown knowing all to well cherry had to learn how to hunt sooner or later. "Why did you ever think Adrian was a female?" Yukie asked wondering why his mate thought that their species that was strictly male would even have females.

• 2 weeks later...

"Forever... Humans aren't to be trusted. They are too unpredictable."

Ayme brushed past his mate and into the nest, shoving some of the pebbles out and rearranging the rocks, keeping only ones that were smooth. Anything bumpy or jagged was tossed out.

But it was up to Yukie to make the nest how he wanted it best since it was primarily for him and Cheri. Ayme was just there to protect it and help in any little changes.

"I can take Cheri hunting while you fix the nest."

He offered, nudging their son and taking him out into the seaweed to practice stalking fish. It didn't matter if he couldn't get it right the first few times, Ayme was a patient teacher and kept chasing the fish back to the young one to catch.

Yukie sighed as he looked at the nest the male having wanted Ayme to stick around and help make their home theirs. As he continued to keep busy he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to carry a child with his mate the male seeing Ayme as more of a life partner since he was great with taking care of their family and cherry obviously adored his father.

Ayme swam back with a prize in his mouth, a nice mackerel he had captured to bring back for Yukie. He waited for the other to accept it, if not he would just eat it himself.

There was a lot of work to be done to make the nest properly, and it seemed like his mate wanted some assistance and Ayme liked to take charge of things so it was really no problem.

"How should we decorate? Needs more stones, and a bit of seaweed over there..."

"...well...we will need a nursery for later on" Yukie admitted with a small blush the male fixing his hair that had grown our quite long and floated around his face. "Maybe some softer kelp and some bright coral would look nice in cherry Room." Yukie added clearly shy around Ayme.

"Nursery?"

It wasn't really said as a question, more of a realization. A happy one at that if not slightly surprised. Did Yukie already know or was he talking about the future?

Either way, it was something to celebrate and they should get started on that room first and foremost.

Ayme tried to make himself appear a bit smaller, his mate seemed timid. And he didn't want to scare him any more than was already done. He kept his fins pressed against his body as he wiggled his way closer to the male, gently touching his hair.

"You're very beautiful, you know."

He wasn't exactly the best when it came to complimenting others or even holding a conversation, but he was trying for Yukie.

"Thank you" Yukie replied with a blush as he looked away. "I hope...we can grow our family a little bit" Yukie added his voice soft and clearly embarrassed since he was still new to the whole mate part since humans where rather different. Turning to look at the small entrance of their cave Yukie puffed slightly seeing Lucas lightly tap on the glass the male back from his very long trip with gifts.

"I think it's already growing..."

Ayme smiled, about to say something more as he held onto Yukie's hand. But the tapping sound set the darker mermen on alert. He thought it was Adrian again coming back for more, his fins instinctively puffed out as he swam out to go scare off the intruder. But once he saw it was his alpha looking through the glass he was hit a mixture of emotions. First relief, then anger. He was happy to see his human mate, but how dare he leave!

He seemed conflicted on how to greet the man, so he just ended up doing a display that a mixture between aggressive posturing and something more like a dance.

Once he got that out of his system he calmed down enough to actually stop and see what the man had brought them.

Lucas laughing at the confused display walked over to the lower tide pools and dipped his legs in waiting for them to come over and see him. Sighing softly Lucas dug around the pretty shopping bags looking at the stuff he had bought.