Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
another question please!

1. Can I use one shot for the task like task #3?

2. As for the task #20, is it need to be recomended or can I just go to their notes and pick a title from there?

And for everyone else, can you give me suggestion for #4 'Drawn by Male Artist' I'll be glad if you can tell me the artist. So I can have more choice

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

For "Read a light novel with "supernatural" topic"

Can it be a fanfiction / original story? Or does the novel need to be related to any manga?

For e.g.:

Title : 正しい兄の飼育法~吸血鬼の場合~ how to properly raise your brother (if he were a vampire)

This is an original story, not related to any manga..

Does it qualify?

> No, no fanfictions. Only original stories with original characters - no canons.

As your pick is an original story -> yup, it qualifies. (:

another question please!

1. Can I use one shot for the task like task #3?

2. As for the task #20, is it need to be recomended or can I just go to their notes and pick a title from there?

And for everyone else, can you give me suggestion for #4 'Drawn by Male Artist' I'll be glad if you can tell me the artist. So I can have more choice

> 1. Well, when it has to be a oneshot, I have specified. But since it is the very first challenge we have, I give freedom of using oneshots...as long as not misused.

Not like, 68 titles being oneshots and only 2 of them 3+ chapters. -_-''

2. Yeah, it gotta be recommended by someone. It is to engage us in some short chit-chats. That way you might meet the love of your life?

I am joking. But you never know, right? XD.

------------------

I am sick and might be slow on replies, just letting you know. ;/

Ugh, I've been so busy to comment over here, but I've been following the challenge in the few spare time I've had!

So... my list have been updated~

Now that more people are participating I'll check so list for task #61

On the other hand, I completed task 08 without trying LOL xD I would've never thought it was from Hertz, is was so cute and lively... I associate Hertz with angst, feels, drama, tears, my heart breaking, that kind of stuff so it was a lovely surprise

P.S:

this title "Akari-senpai to Hyouga no Taihen na Seikatsu" is long enough for task #47?

P.S:

this title "Akari-senpai to Hyouga no Taihen na Seikatsu" is long enough for task #47?

> Yup, I think it is long enough.

hi again, guys.

i wanna ask anyone here a recommendation. i'd love to read a seme with a black hair/dark not blond manga. don't mind about the height/genres. if you got something please tag me back. thanks!!! : )

Hi

! If a black-haired seme is what you want, I have a bunch of titles I've read or I'm reading at the moment and liking so far that you could use:

• Kaori no Keishou by Nakamura Asumiko
  • Wait for me at Udagawachou by Hideyoshico
  • Docchi mo Docchi! by Hiiragi Nozomu
  • Castle Mango by Ogura Muku
  • Free Kisses by Jake Akahoshi
  • Caste Heaven by Ogawa Chise
  • Koi no Mannaka by Matsumoto Miecohouse
  • Knife by Chiba Ryouko
  • Mou Ichido, Nando Demo by Aniya Yuiji
  • Hinekure Chaser by Panco
  • Kimi no Yume wo Miteiru by Aruku/Kouki
  • Sofure Buka by Kakine
  • Sensei wa Bucchouzura Shite Yatte Kuru by Kurusu Haiji
  • Ore Dake Minaito xx Shichauzo by Mishima Kazuhiko
  • Tourou no Ori by Psychedelico
  • Almond o nanatsubu by Natsumizu Ritsu
  • Eto Irokoi Zoushi by Isami Matsuo

And I could go on, but I'm kinda sleepy and gotta wake up early for work xD

Hope one of them works for you ^^

sankaku opera by Kuraka sui was good too! There you have even two black/ dark haired seme, hehehe. It’s a love-triangle theme.

If you want more mature/ tough guys I love the bi no isu/ bi no kyoujin series! (Yakuza story longer and complex plot)

If you want a bishounen type as seme I think the seme from secret xxx was nice.

Who I personaly like very much is Ei from the fukigen kareshi sequels from Sakyo aya and who I also really like is yukio from aka to kuro (rouge prequel)... and of course kurose-kun from ten count :D but I would be surprised if you haven’t read that one!

Those are all manga that I think show more or less dominant seme ;)

i'm planning to use Ten Count to complete task #26. did you surprised? hehe.. yeah i haven't read the manga. was it that good? such a famous manga...

& thanks for the recommendation! i prefer to ask you guys here rather than searching myself bc it's satisfying like this :D

i'm planning to use Ten Count to complete task #26. did you surprised? hehe.. yeah i haven't read the manga. was it that good? such a famous manga...

& thanks for the recommendation! i prefer to ask you guys here rather than searching myself bc it's satisfying like this :D

*_* I am actually very surprised XD yes it is very popular I guess ;) but I have also I few that every one read except for me and I avoided myself so you might be surprised too If you see what i choose ;)

i'm interested reading bi no isu/ bi no kyoujin to complete one of my task. but is this a different series or sequel/prequel. gimme yakuza & i'm in :D

i'm interested reading bi no isu/ bi no kyoujin to complete one of my task. but is this a different series or sequel/prequel. gimme yakuza & i'm in :D

It is more a continuation

1. Bi no isu

2. Bi no kyoujin

3. Bi no kyoujin: smoke

;)

ah.. okay, good! another long series to make me occupied. at this point, it's only me who will finished this reading challenge through the year 2018. i read really slow & picked long series manga hee..

i'm going to use Free Kisses for my #39 task. neat recommendation! now i got to read black haired seme & wearing glasses. yess hehe.. thanks!!

It is more a continuation

1. Bi no isu

2. Bi no kyoujin

3. Bi no kyoujin: smoke

;)

MBr30vW.gif

A lovely recommendation there.

MBr30vW.gif

A lovely recommendation there.

Haha the GIF :D

To me, Kabu-San belongs in my top 10 favorite-seme-list. He has a high rank there too ;) and this manga is so good I think I reread it at least three times :D

I am sick and might be slow on replies, just letting you know. ;/

Aww! Shot!

Get better soon

. Are you ok now?

Well, I have several questions, but take your time answering. And sorry for disturbing your rest time :leaf4:

1. Don't laugh at me, ok! Does web novel count as a light novel? I have one chinese web novel in my mind and it has 700+ chapters

2. If the light novel has more than one volume, do I have to finish all of them? Well you see Only the ring finger know has 5 vol. And I want to use it for task #22

3. Can I start several task on the same day but finished it on several different dates? Actually just today I started task #59, #22, #18. #18 is done. But as per rules. I'm still marked it as On progress. And also I seem to found some treasure there that quite fit for the task but I can't finish them in one sitting. And I like to fluttering from one read to another read. So it's possible for me to start reading several different titles at the same day.

4. Regarding task #38, can you tell me where to look? Which thread I have to search? Don't laugh! All this year I'm on YO, I only ever patroning novel download sector, forum contest or the introduction thread. I guess I need to start reading other threads

5. Regarding task #37, how do I know the authors dropped their manga? :leaf10:

6. I've been thinking on asking this, it's ok right, if my chosen manga still on going? Not complete yet, both translation and ori release

I'm sure these two have enough color for the 'Blue' and 'Yellow' task

30wt8ok.jpg

Annnnnnnnndddd

Can you guys recommend one title from your list for the task #20?

I recommended Hinekure Chaser. I love it. It's like a roller coaster of first love. Pure, funny and touching. And desperate.

I'll recommend more as I go trying to finish this challenge though

Thanks all. Have a nice day! leaf3

Good morning

!

:_red_fox 3

My recommendation to you is: 23:45 by Ohana!

70e4f594e2e9ca59e2403fc6c0c33d9a--search-.jpg

Two months after coming to Tokyo, Iku is enjoying otaku life, but something mysterious is happening to him: He's started to see ghosts!

One particular ghost - who's always standing on top of the pedestrian bridge at night - catches his interest, but he studiously ignores it... Until one day the guy turns up at his apartment holding a doujin Iku had dropped. He says his name is Seo Mimori, and seeing as he's a lost soul with nowhere to go, Iku doesn't really resist when he "moves in."

But then a shocking secret about Mimori's death is revealed...

I hope you like it!

Have a lovely day :)

Kp8z2Ns.jpg

Hi

!

:9onion70:

Would you recommend My Little Vampire?

:leaf13:

I hope you have a great day!

:leaf:

Kp8z2Ns.jpg

Hello

My recommendation is:

!

It's a sweet simple cute

between a playful-ish sunshine seme and a realistic uke (but at least not as draggy ). If you understand japanese, please try listening to the drama cd too!!

i229466.jpg

Good morning

!

:_red_fox 3

My recommendation to you is: 23:45 by Ohana!

Oh that. Yeah it's also caught my eyes. I don't remember reading it. I'll check on it. I was thinking on using it for other task though. Thanks a lot for answering me :In love:

Looks like you prefer lighthearted stories with cute couples... so I think a manga you might like out of my list which I enjoyed reading a lot is ‘nemureru tsuki’ by miyamoto Kano.

It’s a Supernatural manga with a cute couple.

Akihiko, searching for answers about the early-death curse that afflicted his father, returns to the rural family seat, but when he arrives, he is faced with only more questions. What is the nature of his family's curse, and why does it strike down only male descendants? Who was the Meiji-era ghost that appears in Akihiko's visions? Above all, does his mysterious cousin Ren have the answers that he seeks? Find out in Miyamoto Kano's new Time-skip mystery, Sleeping Moon.

The story itself is mysterious and a little sad... but the main characters are cute :)

Hello

:)

If you like cute stories I recommend ' Shiawase Gohan - Maki to hanazawa '.

But if you're okay with heart-wrenching stories then I recommend ' New York New York '. It's one of my favorites manga and I consider it a masterpiece of the genre. I don't know what other people think of this manga tho :D.

I can recommend two manga I have finished reading from my list that perhaps you would like.

Kyouju to Shitsuji no Shizuka na Seikatsu

A sweet love story between a professor and his steward,

taken over from his death brother. To fulfill his brothers wish, he decided to live in the house with the steward. The steward is not his type, but by living together he start to care and develope feeeling for him. I really enjoyed to read this one, so I especially recommend this manga.

Nani Ka Ii No Mitsuketa!

A transfer student gets a stomach pain on his first day. When he wakes up, he sees a man beside him in a place before the roof door. The student leans closer, pushes him down and starts kissing him.^^ A comedy romance, sweet, funny and hot love between a kouhai and sempai.

Have fun reading and hope you like it XD

, Depends on what you're into, but Boulange no Koibito was cute, Akuma no Himitsu was fun, and there are some others, but I can't remember right now.