Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!

Similar Terms by Woof-woof Mountain King is a webtoon manga?

I'm reading it for the 12 task :)

! As soon as your are done reading it, can you please tell me how you feel and especially how you understand the ending? :D

Good morning

!

I found it somewhat unnerving, during the whole volume I thought that he had killed his father and the mistress, in the end I think Song Yao used the second fridge...

Kp8z2Ns.jpg

@

Ohhh! Thanks a lot. I'll go ahead read that one right away :D :D by the way saga is it one title per day right? I mean we can't finish non one shots in one day but can we start like 2 manga one day and finish both the same day?

> Yeah, well. I was wondering about that one, but I think restricting the TURN IN FORM to start only from 1st of May..is kind of enough?

I mean, it gives enough of time, kinda, for slow readers even if some people enjoy to read slow or are too busy to catch up with people that can read 20 titles per day.

So, shortly put - no, I haven't put any restriction how many titles per day. ' v '

Question -

Instead of citing a quote, can I say why I didn't like my selected manga? I can't decide what quote to use... :(

I am talking about Merry Checker, not about Maki to Hanazawa.

God, I love Maki and Hanazawa too. They are the cutest of all.

> Oh, hm. Well, the idea of putting a quote is to make sure people read or at least make an effort to open the manga.

I know it is not the perfect 'cheating-prevention' but still somewhat makes people 'do something'. ; /

But, if you enlist what you disliked...I guess it is fine, too.

And, lol. Sorry for the 'dropped manga by origin' task, XDDDD. I will try to be more creative next time and remove it XDD.

Hi

!

Similar Terms by Woof-woof Mountain King is a webtoon manga?

I'm reading it for the 12 task :)

Hello! Welcome to the race! ' v '

> Yes, I do believe it's a Korean webtoon.

ha i did start reading a few manga in the same days hee.. i do that mainly because i'm not a person who can finish read books/manga in one sit. unless it's a oneshot. but sometimes even oneshot will takes me days. glad to know no restrictions there. thanks!

ha i did start reading a few manga in the same days hee.. i do that mainly because i'm not a person who can finish read books/manga in one sit. unless it's a oneshot. but sometimes even oneshot will takes me days. glad to know no restrictions there. thanks!

Yeah, I saw. Hence I wanted that discussion thread;

1st, it is really fun to chat during the challenge.

2nd, it will help improve that challenge in future.

Hi

!

In the 66. A title that has once won our MOTM, does it means any winner from the previous MOTM Polls?

Thanks for all your help :)

I hope you have a good day!

Hello everyone! I have been kind of pumped up so I have been reading a lot but some of the titles were actually re-read and it's fine to use those right? I'm trying to slow down a bit though. Heh.

I'm reading Scarlet by Madarame Hiro which falls under psychological, as well as long-haired chara but I used it under the title with drama CD.

The hentai yaoi has really intrigued me from the first time I saw it on the list and I was trying to recall this title that has these tentacles but also like plant and some orgy going on in as island but I can't recall the damn title. Yaoi hentai would probably be like one or few chapters long only right?

Me again

! :_red_fox 5

Does Dia Game by Byaku Kotora qualify for a title with main chara's (Daia) "first time" topic?

Kp8z2Ns.jpg

Hi

!

In the 66. A title that has once won our MOTM, does it means any winner from the previous MOTM Polls?

Thanks for all your help :)

I hope you have a good day!

> Yap, you got it right. Any winner from the previous MOTM. Whatever you like/find. ' v '

Me again

! :_red_fox 5

Does Dia Game by Byaku Kotora qualify for a title with main chara's (Daia) "first time" topic?

Kp8z2Ns.jpg

> Yes, as far as I remember he was [the uke] a virgin? [no spoilers intended though] XD.

Hello everyone! I have been kind of pumped up so I have been reading a lot but some of the titles were actually re-read and it's fine to use those right? I'm trying to slow down a bit though. Heh.

I'm reading Scarlet by Madarame Hiro which falls under psychological, as well as long-haired chara but I used it under the title with drama CD.

The hentai yaoi has really intrigued me from the first time I saw it on the list and I was trying to recall this title that has these tentacles but also like plant and some orgy going on in as island but I can't recall the damn title. Yaoi hentai would probably be like one or few chapters long only right?

> Eh, whatever falls in the category of 'hentai' to be honest. If you find a short one - sure. ' v '

Wow, so much yellow XD. ChunChun ga Chun is pretty cute as are all manga from Yamamoto Kotetsuko

I'll read Labradorescence for task #8. In the image below you can see the cover has the name of the magazine 'ihr HertZ'.

003.png

I’m at the rereading a complete manga task. Totally forgot about this beautiful one here! It’s so kinky, dark and sad at once

oh this looks intresting :D I might wanna read this too.

"Kinky and dark..." You had me at "K" XD

(is stalking this thread... :] )

So, for task #54 [low BU's ranking], I picked one of the lowest ranked titles [1 out of 10 possible stars].

apB1rG1.png

What the fuck did I just read....?

Spoiler image below. [NSFW]

ImJBOP2.jpg

this is funny...

Looks as if I went into the kitchen and grab my hand mixer, plug it in, turn it on and scare the hell out of my imaginary boyfriend... i’m Tempted...

What’s the reason for this low rating? The off-putting pleasure devices? :D

this is funny...

Looks as if I went into the kitchen and grab my hand mixer, plug it in, turn it on and scare the hell out of my imaginary boyfriend... i’m Tempted...

What’s the reason for this low rating? The off-putting pleasure devices? :D

Maybe because the plot was weak and as a whole - rushed. So..I guess it is that.

I think is a fun challenge! I could finally give some use to all the mangas I read xD

But here a doubt I have:

I'm not native-english speaker so I'm not always read mangas in english, if a read them in spanish, do they still count for the challenge? I'd look the english version of the manga/webtoon/light novel to put in the quotation... so can participate this way?

I think is a fun challenge! I could finally give some use to all the mangas I read xD

But here a doubt I have:

I'm not native-english speaker so I'm not always read mangas in english, if a read them in spanish, do they still count for the challenge? I'd look the english version of the manga/webtoon/light novel to put in the quotation... so can participate this way?

I have thought on that actually, since I can read in other languages as well [Japanese is one of them].

Hmm. Well. I don't see a reason why you can't participate even if you quote a line in other language than English.

Our Staff is rich on polyglots, so it won't make it hard for us to 'check' for cheaters. Moreover, the quotation came as an idea to prevent people from just adding random titles, not doing anything, and then act as if they went through all these 69-70 titles to read. At least with a quotation...the least you have to do is to open the manga and pick some line, you know?

I said it before, we know this is not the perfect way to prevent cheating but then again...what's the point of cheating? We do these things to get together, talk to each other, have fun, comment and laugh together. So, in my humble opinion, people that cheat will just miss out a lot. (:

In brief, yes. We allow you to read the manga in other languages different from English. We also allow you to quote lines in Spanish. I will enlist this new rule in the official thread in a bit.

Welcome to the challenge, JuLiLaNdIa! ' v '

well... it was cute XD. I was expecting something more weird or even... gross but... it was nothing like that. The cover is a little misleading, I think.