Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

hello to other participant : ) i might be a little slow joining in the discussion here bc i'm a slow reader. is that reasonable? hehe.. thanks for sharing all the manga updates here. gotta check them all later. i'm currently reading G-Defend for task #59 & Kizuna for task #19. so boring huh? haha..

as for the poll,

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, for me this challenge shouldn't be limited to BL only. we should do other genre as well. it could be fun.

I think the allure of Haru wo Daite Ita comes from the realness of where the story was derived and focused on. The manga really strucked me with the characters' depthness which might not be in full potential at the start but the development was superb. It definitely is a mature one and not only because it graces us with lots of sex and making love but ofc we each have our own unique tastes, just like how I don't enjoy Junjou Romantica but lots of people do.

I have seen that vid! That shit right there is downright sexy! I have seen it side by side with the real performer and it was just amazing!!!

Hello!!!!! ;)

I haven't voted at the poll but I think we should limit it to BL for this first competition. There are a lot of BL titles that will fit all those criteria that we don't really need to look at the other genres for now. I mean wouldn't it be great that all of us will dish out different titles that some may not be aware of and will lead to great discovery of maybe new favorites. Also, since this is a BL community foremost, I'd like to limit it first to the thing that took us here on the first place. Maybe branch out on the next competitions but I hope we can have this first one BL-exclusive. Just my opinion though. :)

Oh, yeah! The first edition will be kept BL - no question about it.

But now you mentioned it. We can make it switch-able. If we start from 2018 with BL titles only, then 2019 will be 'no genre restrictions' and then again 2020 BL only etc.

Hmmm. Anyway, I was just asking since I think it's nice to include other genres but then again..we are a BL community and no idea. '__'

Ngh, I had to pause reading Haru wo Daite Ita, need to do some work. -_-

Hopefully I will be able to resume tonight. ' v '

could you explain task #29? so, max 15 min, that means it can be finished within a day right? hehe.. i got confused w the date/duration a little. thanks!

Hey!

Short Dj and oneshots can be finished on the same day they have been started.

I wrote '15 minutes' as a timespan to finish this specific task.

Does task #1 has to be a collection of short stories by different author or can it be from the same author?

It's has been a challenge to find out the right criteria to complete the task and what to read, but it's fun and I like it. :D

OMG what have i just been reading? That was so F***ed up. And am I understanding this ending right? :_red_fox 15

I just solved task #3

Hey! Thank you for joining us!!

Onto your question,

Does task #1 has to be a collection of short stories by different author or can it be from the same author?

> It doesn't matter, whatever you find/want to read. ' v '

You just got me curious with that cover there and the short reaction of "it's f.cked up" XDDD.

there is nothing else left to say :D first of all because no matter what I would say I would only be spoiling and it is very quick paced (it was like reading a one shot even though it has 7 ch.). I haven’t even got a favorite quote and I can’t write much for the review either XD I don’t know if you have already been taking a look... but I just need some one who confirms to me if i understood the ending right >.

- - - Updated - - -

This one looks like fun and cute

:o

might help you for the start ;) but i’m also still looking.

You mean the 'novel' coming up in two tasks? - I know. One is any light novel, the other is supernatural genre. (:

And, boy. I can't find a good manga, which I haven't read, with topic 'First Time'. -_-

But I am reading this...manga-fail, which I will drop right after I post this, where things like this happen:

x72akZb.png

zEAxvpi.gif

Hello everyone! I stumbled upon this curious thread. I'm so sad I've never seen this before :C I've been reading like 4-5 yaoi manga per day (no one shots lol). Still, this is a good opportunity to spice up my reading thanks for making this challenge Saga~

oh i think i said this wrong. i mean number 22 is came up twice. so your overall tasks should be 70 tasks not 69 tasks. it's a small little stuff there hehe..

; thanks, buddy! if you found more let me know. thanks!!

reading update: after been non active reading yaoi for 2 years, i found this challenge really challenged my 'taste' in yaoi. it's a reminder of how pervert actually i am. i thought i'm innocent.

I'm reading Totally Captivated for the Korean Manga. Mannn~ I actually finished it before but with all the manga I read this little story has already been buried beneath my yaoi shelf. Can I even read stories I already read? but I don't know any other completed Korean manga... I'm pretty sure most webtoon are not yet finished or hard to get access to because of licensing >.

Holy... '_'

Okay, -rubs temples- I so wanted to keep it 69, then again, so much work to edit and re-think.. So, I renamed the second 22 as "22a" XDDDD -is trying to be smart-

Thanks, man!

XDDDDDDDDD Dude, when I saw him..I had to do that collage. XDD

I'm reading Totally Captivated for the Korean Manga. Mannn~ I actually finished it before but with all the manga I read this little story has already been buried beneath my yaoi shelf. Can I even read stories I already read? but I don't know any other completed Korean manga... I'm pretty sure most webtoon are not yet finished or hard to get access to because of licensing >.

Hey!

Well, the fun about this challenge is to explore new titles 'fitting' some given criteria by rule.

There are even tasks where you have to re-read an old title, so even such come up.

And no one said the manga had to be completed. '__']> I mean, of course it's better to be such - but it's not a rule.

If you haven't read 'Never Understand' [the Korean webtoon] - it was a nice one, it's completed, too.

@

Ohhh! Thanks a lot. I'll go ahead read that one right away :D :D by the way saga is it one title per day right? I mean we can't finish non one shots in one day but can we start like 2 manga one day and finish both the same day?

Question -

Instead of citing a quote, can I say why I didn't like my selected manga? I can't decide what quote to use... :(

I am talking about Merry Checker, not about Maki to Hanazawa.

God, I love Maki and Hanazawa too. They are the cutest of all.

Since I am a kind-hearted person, I will give you guys a tip for this challenge.

LEAVE TASK #37 FOR LAST.

SANKFCJSINFIA And no, do not think I'm applying the ' leave the best for last '...

It will rip your heart... like WTF. I was ' I don't think the author would drop it at the best part so I'll read this ' WRONG. SHE DROPPED IT AT THE BEST PART. Yes, Sora o Daite Oyasumi, I am talking about you.

Saga I'll go to change. org to make a petition to ban this task. XD.

End of my rambling.