Yaoi Reading Challenge Discussion Thread | edition 2018

Saga

Do you think the challenge should be limited to BL only?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eh.. does anyone have any suggestions about task #50? I can't find anything with a seme that's short and not just average with a tall(er) uke.

Koitomo!? and Otona Keikenchi are my favorite titles when it comes to short seme.

Although what you are looking for, specifically 'a short seme', would fit more in the title 'Otona Keikenchi'.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• batista

• auser

• Riki

Top Posters In This Topic

Koitomo!? and Otona Keikenchi are my favorite titles when it comes to short seme.

Although what you are looking for, specifically 'a short seme', would fit more in the title 'Otona Keikenchi'.

Ooh! *-* I didn't even know I had Otona Keikenchi as 'planned to read'. Thank you ^w^)b

I have a question... again.

- Read a new ongoing manga - New as in published this year in Japan, or new scanlated manga?

Hmmmmm. Either way works.

Because some people won't be able to read Japanese -> hence for them it would be ongoing translation.

There will be people who can read Japanese and won't rely on the scanlators -> they can follow the Japanese release.

So .. I don't want to restrict people on that one. Whoever however interprets it. (:

Hi dear

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
!

:_red_fox 4

It's me again

I have a question regarding task number 17. "DJ manga released between 2000-2010"

Is it a doujinshi or a manga?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I hope you have a lovely day! :)

:leaf:

Hi

!

I was wondering, what is the author's name of your task 11 "new ongoing manga" Home

:_red_fox 3

Sorry to bother you again

:

:_red_fox 1

What's the diference between 10 "a manga another participant has completed" and

61 "reread a title from another participant's list"?

Thank you for all your help!

:)

:

The author: Tsuyuki Yuruko

Released 2018 ;)

XD sorry, I replied at the wrong post :_red_fox 1

The author: Tsuyuki Yuruko

Released 2018 ;)

XD sorry, I replied at the wrong post :_red_fox 1

Thank you dear

!

I hope you have a lovely day!

Hi dear

!

It's me again

I have a question regarding task number 17. "DJ manga released between 2000-2010"

Is it a doujinshi or a manga?

> It's a doujinshi release.

:

> #10, means a title which you haven't read before and it has been completed by someone in this contest.

While the other is 're-read', means you should know the title in their list and you will reread it.

While the other is 're-read', means you should know the title in their list and you will reread it.

But it must be one that we have read not for this challenge, right? I mean, if I have read some manga for this challenge and then see it in another participant's list, I can't pick that one to reread?

But it must be one that we have read not for this challenge, right? I mean, if I have read some manga for this challenge and then see it in another participant's list, I can't pick that one to reread?

In the rules I have written that each title can be used only once in this challenge.

So to say, you cannot use the same title twice in your list.

Hi dear

!

It's me again

I have a few questions regarding the tasks:

Does 37°C Spirits by Murakami Sachi qualify for 28. a title with the chara being super popular?

Does Cornichon by Watanabe Asia qualify for 32. a hentai yaoi title?

Does Kuroneko Kareshi no Asobikata by Sakyou Aya qualify for 56. a title with a cat's ears on main chara?

Does Hetalia dj - Choukyou Kareshi by Ohiruneko (Potena) qualify for 61. Reread a title from another participant's list?

Does Caramel Honey by Takuhei qualify for 65. a title with main chara being a delinquent?

Hi dear

!

It's me again

I have a few questions regarding the tasks:

Does 37°C Spirits by Murakami Sachi qualify for 28. a title with the chara being super popular?

Does Cornichon by Watanabe Asia qualify for 32. a hentai yaoi title?

Does Kuroneko Kareshi no Asobikata by Sakyou Aya qualify for 56. a title with a cat's ears on main chara?

Does Hetalia dj - Choukyou Kareshi by Ohiruneko (Potena) qualify for 61. Reread a title from another participant's list?

Does Caramel Honey by Takuhei qualify for 65. a title with main chara being a delinquent?

> All of them qualify except for Cornichon by Watanabe Asia and 37°C Spirits by Sachi. I am not really sure but..I don't think that manga [by Sachi] has a SUPER popular main chara. As for Watanabe-sensei, I don't know about you/the others, but I don't think she draws hentai....Well, she does 'coz 'hentai' basically means perverted stuff but the genre hentai is...

...Hentai is...the "atmosphere" [?] of hentai is different...? '_']>Um..

Hi

!

It's me again

Regarding the 28 task,

the chara being "super popular" is it a category like "Popular Male Lead"

or a popular characther like Akihito, Misaki an so on?

Can it be a dj? (bleach, hunter x hunter, ...)

I hope you have an amazing week! :)

Hi

!

It's me again

Regarding the 28 task,

the chara being "super popular" is it a category like "Popular Male Lead"

or a popular characther like Akihito, Misaki an so on?

Can it be a dj? (bleach, hunter x hunter, ...)

I hope you have an amazing week! :)

> Hey!

Of course, these fit in 'super popular'. From celebrity, heirs [princes, kings etc] to the most handsome boy in the whole university/school. Something like, the topic being 'popular' to be the center of the plot [kind of, not a mandatory but at least to be obvious how popular the character is].

And of course it can be a doujinshi. ;D

Umm.. hello... i would like to clarify.. for "Titles, other than short DJ's and oneshots, cannot be enlisted as finished on the same day of starting the series."

Does it mean that if i manage to read more than 1 manga in the same day and they all belong to different tasks, i can only put in 1 title in only 1 of the task (and for the date i cannot put that I've read it finished in the same day?)

, is it ok if I re-read the manga I read before? There's a lot of titles I've read before. Some of them even dated from 8 years ago. I want to revisit the feelings I've had before. And I will looking for new titles for sure. Its been so long since I've last touched yaoi.

Oh, I want to use a title for no. 2, I've read some of earliest chapter but I've still it finished it yet. Is it allowed? Or should I look for new title?

Thanks for answering

Hope this is a long enough title for task #47: Fuuzokugurui Desu Ga Toshishita Danshi Ni Kokuraremashita XD

Umm.. hello... i would like to clarify.. for "Titles, other than short DJ's and oneshots, cannot be enlisted as finished on the same day of starting the series."

Does it mean that if i manage to read more than 1 manga in the same day and they all belong to different tasks, i can only put in 1 title in only 1 of the task (and for the date i cannot put that I've read it finished in the same day?)

> Hello.

As far as I got it, you are asking whether other titles [excluding short DJ's and oneshots] can be started on the same day [more than one] and finished on the next day [for example].

I haven't put any restriction although I gave enough of time even for slow readers to catch up as you cannot TURN IN your form before May, 1st.

So to say, whatever and however you do - do it. Within these months - you are free to read however and in whatever way you want.

For the next year I might actually change the rule and make a quota of 2 titles per day only. But we will see. (:

, is it ok if I re-read the manga I read before? There's a lot of titles I've read before. Some of them even dated from 8 years ago. I want to revisit the feelings I've had before. And I will looking for new titles for sure. Its been so long since I've last touched yaoi.

Oh, I want to use a title for no. 2, I've read some of earliest chapter but I've still it finished it yet. Is it allowed? Or should I look for new title?

Thanks for answering

> Well, as you want. I, for example, want to explore more and find titles I haven't read before [which actually makes the challenge really hard for meXD].

But yeah, as you want. Just keep in mind that, if you notice all the tasks there state: "read" and then you have only two tasks saying "re-read". But once again - as you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this is a long enough title for task #47: Fuuzokugurui Desu Ga Toshishita Danshi Ni Kokuraremashita XD

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

I believe it is long enough, xD.

It's not a problem to read manga that I have read before (long time ago)? I try to find manga that I haven't read before that fit the criteria for the tasks, but sometimes I'm struggeling. Hope it's ok to mix betweeen rereading manga I know and new title.

If someone knows a longer title for task 47 (or almost long), please recommend, and then I'm going to check out if I have read it or not :)

Is it fine to move a manga title to a different task than the original task it was placed(finished task)? I don't have to reread it again with a new date?

Is it fine to move a manga title to a different task than the original task it was placed(finished task)? I don't have to reread it again with a new date?

> Totally fine to do that. c:

For "Read a light novel with "supernatural" topic"

Can it be a fanfiction / original story? Or does the novel need to be related to any manga?

For e.g.:

Title : 正しい兄の飼育法~吸血鬼の場合~ how to properly raise your brother (if he were a vampire)

This is an original story, not related to any manga..

Does it qualify?

I picked this one for long title:

Dakaretai Otoko Ichii Ni Odosarete Imasu.

And then read this one for cat's ears on main chara:

Koubutsu wa Ichiban Saigo ni Hara no Naka.

But the cat's ears title is longer than the long-title title XD.