Lovely Divinity ( Private )

ZX-MetalMonster

Ko smiled and walked beside the man, staying close since it was growing darker.

He bit his lip knowing once the sun rose they would need to be much father away to feel safe enough to relax.

The young man followed Drest closely, looking down at his feet as he walked, knowing he had quite a ways away to go.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wewuwe

• ZX-MetalMonster

Drest was unconcerned, both unafraid of traveling at night and confident they would be far away or already gone by dawn. However he could see how down the young man seemed and despite being primarily concerned with having him come along, he preferred to see him happier.

-"It's not far off..." He commented quietly though what he said wasn't quite true. "Tell me if you get tired." Drest added, unsure how accustomed the other man was to walking for long.

"Oh-" Ko was pulled from his thoughts as Drest began talking to him. "I-I'm not that tired, I think I'll be alright." He smiled politely.

He could hear wolves howling off in the night and other animals letting them know they were there. Ko had never seen a wolf, he's only seen them in books and from what he was told.

"Are wolves nice?" He suddenly asked, looking at the warrior's back. "I've heard stories that they are kind, smart creatures." He said, "but..I'm not sure if I should believe that, since I was told that humans are all evil monsters, and I believe I was lied to... You don't seem like a monster."

Drest glanced back at the other man, his expression unreadable for a long moment while he considered how to reply.

-"...But I am one, love." The words carried a warning, but his voice was soft in this rare moment where he was straightforward and honest with the young male. "And wolves are kind and smart, but they are dangerous and they can hurt you." Drest only hoped the man wouldn't run back to the safety of the place he knew rather than face so many things who could all be a threat.

-"No one has lied to you... they only left out part of the truth... likely the part they didn't like." He could have smirked to himself if the other hadn't been watching, he knew how twisted it was for him to accuse someone else of these things.

So humans are monsters...?

Ko watched the man carefully, creasing his brow in worry. Drest's voice was a dangerous type of soft. He felt uneasy, like he made the wrong decision and this was all an elaborate plan to get Ko to the trap.

The young man bit down on his lip, making a worried noise.

"I hope you're not an evil monster." He murmured, now keeping his distance from the man.

He got caught up in his thoughts on what to do if Drest was telling the truth. Ko didn't think he had it in him to kill someone, but he would try to try and protect his own life.

But for right now he really didn't have a choice. It was either leave and get hurt by the animals or worse if his owner found him, or stay with this man. He licked his lips, thinking of all the scenarios in his head.

"What would make you a monster? Anger? Anything really?" He asked, "I'm sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I can be quiet if you'd like." He offered, holding his hands together tightly in anxiousness.

It was plain to see how agitated the young man became on account of what Drest had said and the warrior regretted his honesty.

-"I am a soldier, a good one... unreluctant... what else can I be than a monster." Drest explained and a hint of pride was apparent in his voice. He considered himself impressive and not evil, but he knew there was nothing good or righteous in what he did either.

-"I'm a killer but I wont hurt you... I promised you I'd protect you, if someone as much as touches you I'll cut their hands clean off." Drest tried to assure the other man of his intent to fulfill his promise, but got carried away.

"I'm glad you'll protect me." He murmured, a chill running down his spine from what Drest said, assuming how quick this man could kill and not bat an eye.

He knew how dangerous this man was.

But he wanted to follow him. He was the first person to not see him as an object, he wanted to hold on to that.

He stayed quiet for the duration of the trip, keeping up with the man.

Drest didn't plan to make it home in even one full day, knowing how far his homeland was and how foolish it would be to exhaust themselves he preferred they stop and rest after a few hours. For a long while, he allowed the young man to walk close by him and didn't say anything more, feeling he'd made him uncomfortable enough already and another slip up would be too much.

Drest had only a vague idea where the sacred land ended and his world began but when dawn came they weren't yet at any nearby town. "Does it look like we've made it out?" He asked evenly while still walking.

Ko looked at the area around him, noticing he trees were different, even the grass too. "I believe we are. Things looks less like the area I lived, I think we're alright around here." He saw that the sun was about to eek up from the mountains. He took in a breath. "I think we will be safe. For a while at least." He turned to the man and smiled. "Were you planning on stopping for a moment?" He asked.

-"Not in the woods... but soon in a town that should be nearby." Drest wasn't one to trust people, he wouldn't feel safer in a town than in a forest full of wolves, however he wanted the young man to be more secure and comfortable. "We can stop for a few minutes though... if you're tired." He offered with a light smile and slowed down.

-"You've been worried we're in danger ever since I found you." Drest pointed out and watched the other man curiously while he folded his arms over his chest. "Was someone guarding you?"

Ko tightened his lips as Drest spoke.

"Well.. yes, someone was guarding me. He was resting while I was sitting by the water. And now that it's almost dawn, he will be waking up soon." He trailed off, taking in a shaken breath. "He works for my previous owner, and he is a skilled hunter. So yes, I'm worried." He admitted. "Last time I wandered away I got into a lot of trouble.." he shivered at the memory, clenching his fists to try and relax. "But I believe we are far away enough to be safe." He said.

Drest fixed his gaze on the younger man, something about him changed not unlike it had earlier in their trip and he seemed more serious and dangerous.

-"This hunter and your... previous owner..." He spat out the word, making no attempt to hide his hostility for the unknown man. "Who are they?" Unlike his companion who was wisely looking to escape without a conflict, Drest wouldn't mind having to face the people he stole the young man from.

"They don't matter, really." Ko tried to brush off the subject. "We'll be alright, I'm sure of it." He shook off the stressed feeling and stepped towards Drest, reaching out and gently touching the man's chest. "I'm sure you are more than capable to protect me." He hummed, looking up at the man's eyes, trying to help the man calm down.

Drest was only more annoyed to have the topic pushed to the side but the young man's hand on his chest and the way he looked into his eyes kept the warrior from loosing his temper. "You're right about that love." He agreed with a deep sigh and placed a hand on the other man's shoulder, squeezing gently. "But it's important that you tell me who I'm going to fight." Drest added and from his expression and steady gaze it was obvious he wanted a proper answer this time around.

Ko felt the man tighten his hold on his shoulder, making his heart beat faster. He wanted to avoid the conversation, but knew it would just be better to talk about it.

"My watchkeepers name is Shingo. He has guarded me since day one." He sighed. "He stands about your height, a little larger build and has black hair and a mask around his mouth." He shivered at the thought of him. "I've seen him use a long sword and arrows. But he may be skilled in more." He frowned.

"And my old owner.. he is a large man, I don't know his name because I could only refer to him as 'Master.' He has golden hair and tan skin, he's very tall and I don't know what weapon he favors. But he has used knives before.." he shuddered at the memory. "He will send out Shingo first I know what for sure." He spoke, his voice shaking, but he tried to swallow down his fear.

Drest listened carefully and once the young man had given him all the information he needed he gently pulled him in and held him against his chest with one arm in a makeshift hug. "That's all I had to know... you don't have to think about it any more." He pressed a kiss to his forehead and held him a moment longer, hoping the proximity would bring the male some comfort even after he'd frightened him.

Drest wasn't intimidated even now when he knew who he was going to fighting, however it troubled him that the man coming after them would use arrows because he strongly preferred close combat. However he didn't let himself grimace at the information and in stead kept a serious look on his face.

"Thank you.." Ko spoke quietly, his cheeks warming as soon as he felt Drest's lips touch his forehead.

He felt safe in his hold, against his strong chest. He let out a comfortable sigh and leaned in for a moment before pulling away, keeping his hands on Drest's chest. "You don't need to worry about me. But thank you." He smiled, looking up at the warrior.

-"I took you from that place, I do need to worry about you." Drest corrected the young man, even someone like him felt responsible to keep the other safe, though he was not selfless and wouldn't simply do it out of the kindness of his heart.

Without bothering to ask for permission he picked the young man up, capable of doing that much any trouble. "Do you mind being held." He asked with the other already in his arms.

A noise of surprise came from the younger man and he felt himself lift from the ground. He tenses in the warriors arms, but once he understood Drest only wanted to help, he relaxed, leaning against the man's chest.

"This is fine." He hummed, his face warm from such an intimate hold.

Ko couldn't help but notice how solid the man was, now that he was so close. He leaned his lean against Drest's chest, hearing a faint heartbeat through his clothes. "Thank you." He murmured, wrapping a hand into the man's shirt, holding it for security.

Now with the young man in his arms Drest started to walk again, forcing himself to hurry even though he had more than just his own weight to move. He smiled to himself at how easily the other relaxed in his hold and rested against his chest.

-"I think I have some idea where we are..." Drest informed as he looked into the distance, studying a mountain range he believed he'd seen a number of times before. "Sleep right there if you need some rest... and if it's comfortable enough." He advised and marched until he started to feel tired himself, at which point he headed for the nearest village.

"Thank you." Ko cooed, his eyes heavy from the stress of today. He relaxed his head, listening to the man's breathing as he was carried through the wooded area.

For now Ko could relax, he felt safe, which was something he never felt. He hummed happily before closing his eyes and resting while Drest carried him to the nearest place to stay for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the day had passed before Drest arrived at a city where they could stay, the young man still in his arms. For the entirety of their journey he'd made sure they traveled through forests and not along roads to avoid strangers and now that they were in a populated place he became paranoid and looked unfriendly enough that people avoided them. He was glad for the space the local gave them though and exchanged words only with the owner of the place where they would spend the night.

Upon entering the small but busy building he put the other man down but now, without asking for approval, took hold of his hand to make sure he staid close by him. He didn't let go or loosen his grip until they were alone in their room.

The young man woke up soon just as soon and they entered the building. He blinked a few times before he let out a small noise of surprise as Drest set him down and took a hold of his hand. "Wai--" he decided it was probably best to samtay quiet and not argue with the man, noticing the serious look on his face.

He held the man's hand and he was pulled into a room, he assumed he would be staying in for a moment to rest and recharge.

"Drest." Ko started, the warriors name spilling off his tongue like sweet silk. "You should rest, you must be so tired." He said, looking at the man, worried he was wearing himself out. "Or at least eat something." He offered, squeezing the man's hand.

Despite being anxious to stay close to so many people while the young man was with him, Drest smiled softly, unaccustomed to the kindness and concern the other male displayed so easily.

-"I will... we can stay until morning, Ill have enough time for all of that." He assured and locked the door behind them before even thinking of what to do next. The room provided the minimal luxury of a place to lie down and warmth but unfortunately it seemed he would have to venture out to find water and properly clean himself. Most of the blood he'd left to dry on his skin had been washed off when he'd found his companion by the lake but there were still hints of battle and war left on him.

With a deep sigh, Drest started to undress, taking off armor and layers of clothing until he was in a thin shirt and pants.

-"You can go back to sleep. I'm sure the bed is more comfortable than my chest." He commented and sat on the edge of the bed himself.

Ok let go of the man's hand as soon as he shut the door, looking around the room. He turned to speak, but stopped when he saw Drestundressing to thin layers. His face grew warm and he turned back away from the warrior. "A bath sounds nice. Maybe let me know if they have a bathhouse I could use when you come back?" He asked, finally gathering the courage to look at the man again, trying not to look any lower than his shoulders.

• Saga locked this topic